Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 289 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Free talk TE25 Choppy playback of (S)VCD and DVDs on DVD players Red Barchetta 0 2005-02-28 07:33:52
Question TME1 P3Package.dll Matt Mangham 3 2005-04-21 05:54:56
Question TDA1 Creating a DVD with menu/chap from footage in my camcorder Amar 2 2005-10-01 00:52:55
Question TDA1 HE-AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1 Sakuya 0 2005-02-27 05:29:04
Question TDA1 Can the write speed be changed DT 1 2005-02-26 18:19:23
Question TDA1 New version anytime soon? Wile_E 0 2005-02-26 04:13:10
Question TE30 Is a new encoder version being worked on? Wile_E 3 2005-05-15 19:43:40
Question TE25 Xvid Vdub Black Frame Error Sakuya 8 2005-03-01 02:58:48
Question TE25 admin: can a message be edited? aldaco12 0 2005-02-25 13:34:02
Question TE25 missing codec? chooken 2 2005-02-25 13:31:31
Question TE25 how can I reduce an mpeg jarrieta 2 2005-02-25 16:14:33
Question TE25 Error: "index of scan is out of range (384) bruno 1 2005-02-25 13:20:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 289 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Free talk - TE25 - Choppy playback of (S)VCD and DVDs on DVD players No.42966
Red Barchetta  2005-02-28 07:33:52 ( ID:h8nei.3pp0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did not notice the dates on the posts, but have seen a few posts here regarding choppy playback of (S)VCD and DVDs on a DVD Player after using TmpgEnc to create the files for them.
Well, I had that problem myself, but no more. Here is how I got rid of it; Basically, I created my own templates - I seems as though the default settings result in a GOP that is way too big (Group Of Pictures)basically, use the same settings as the default ones, with the exception that under GOP Structure, specify the MAX number of frames in a GOP. Setting that to 16 has made it acceptable, but I am considering trying an even lower number.

Question - TME1 - P3Package.dll No.54345
Matt Mangham  2005-02-28 00:31:23 ( ID:j7ecpju/4nh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why am I getting an error message every time I try to encode?

It says, "Can not load P3Package.dll"

The P3Package.dll file is located in the same directory as the TMPGEnc.exe file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

tpk  2005-03-26 12:17:47 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Why am I getting an error message every time I try to encode?
>
>It says, "Can not load P3Package.dll"
>
>The P3Package.dll file is located in the same directory as the TMPGEnc.exe file.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

QuiteDisturbed  2005-03-28 01:53:24 ( ID:qbrkridigdf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im having the same problem and trying to look at the reply but i dont see it saying anything but repeating you're message..

this is my first time on this site i typed the error code in google and it came to this site so if i am reading reply wrong please let me know

emcee  2005-04-21 05:54:56 ( ID:.ugcx6j9er. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using a shortcut to launch tmpgenc than it is possible that it is not set to start in the proper directory. Go to the directory that the actual program file is located in and launch it from there. If that works, edit the start in line on the properties for your shortcut, so that it starts in the directory that the program (and the dll) is in, that way it will be able to locate all its dependent files. If this isn't it, it could be that there is another progam using that dll, or maybe another instance of tmpgenc running in the background. Use the task manager to shut down all nonessencial programs, if that works start them agin on at a time until you find the problem. Hope this helps.

Question - TDA1 - Creating a DVD with menu/chap from footage in my camcorder No.49358
Amar  2005-02-27 16:55:15 ( ID:spkr56990ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello All,

I am new to the TMPG products and have some basic questions. I have a Digital Camcorder (Sony Handycam) that I have used to create home movies. I now essentially want to create a DVD of this home movie with menu and chapters (just like in DVD movies from the store) so that I can see it on my DVD player and surf to any point using the menu/chapters.

I have all the hardware (fast computer, DVD burner etc) and have even used the TMPG DVD AUthoring 1.6 tool. The problem is how can I do the following:

1. How do I get the footage out of the computer in a form suitable for TMPG Authoring? (I have Firewire connection setup etc). What software do I need to use for capturing the footage out of the computer?

2. What are the right set of tools for me to use from the TMPG suite?

I know these are basic questions, but a quick help in the right direction is much appreciated?

thank you.

doobs  2005-04-26 20:47:34 ( ID:u85isjatckr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought an ILO standalone dvd recorder on eBay for $99. Using the input jacks of the recorder, I've recorded all my HI 8 video footage onto DVD-RWs. I take the DVD-RWs and splice them into separate DVD files using DVD Shrink (free software). I find DVD Shrink easier and faster to use than the TDA Edit tool. Once these have all been split into their own files, I import them into TDA for menus/tracks/chapters etc... and go through the re-author process. I'm very pleased with the results and the DVD-RWs can be reused over and over. Also, in your case, ILO has a DV link input for high resolution camcorders as well.

For me this is much easier than going out and purchasing a video capture card for you computer, not to mention learning the process of compression, bitrate, etc...

Good luck.

dcline1701  2005-10-01 00:52:55 ( ID:vf3uco3gmo. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check out PVAStrumento.

Question - TDA1 - HE-AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1 No.49357
Sakuya  2005-02-27 05:29:04 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will TMPGEnc DVD Author include AAC 5.1 support in the future?

I have an HE-AAC 5.1 file which I want as AC3 5.1 so I can put it on DVD. My AAC file has a 44100Hz sampling rate. I used FAAD2 to decode the AAC file to a 6-channel WAV (does this alter any sound/sound directionality?). Then I used BeSplit to split it into six mono WAVs (again, does this alter sounds?). Then I inputted them one by one into Soft Encode to create the AC3 5.1. However, it is still 44100Hz so I used BeSweet to convert it to 48000Hz. I tested it and the gun sounds has lost impact. I'm not sure how it was in the original since I don't own the DVD but all the gunfire sounds are in the center channel.

Also, there's a click at the start of the AC3 file due to an incorrect WAV header (as I'm told) made by FAAD2 and BeSplit. I was taught how to fix it but the HEX program, Winhex, won't let me fix it because the trial version only accepts WAVs below 200KB. Mines are 700KB+. Any help would be appreciated.

But my main question I want answered is whether doing this alters the sound quailty and sound directionality. I don't see how people would want to use AAC when the surround sound doesn't even sound as it is supposed to. :(

Question - TDA1 - Can the write speed be changed No.49355
DT  2005-02-26 12:25:37 ( ID:eo3aljutoxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anyway of changing the write speed, every time I have used this program the speed drop down is greyed out and set to max

I always use the slowest speed when writing dvd's and have when playing back on when burnt at max I always get some stuttering

To get around this could I just create an ISO and burn with Nero ?

Wile_E  2005-02-26 18:19:23 ( ID:42mrnraekn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can just create an ISO and burn with another program.
I always have the option to change the write speed when I use this program. Maybe you should try updating firmware on your DVD drive, or reinstalling the program. Or maybe try different DVD-R/DVD+R discs. Some drives don't like certain discs.

Question - TDA1 - New version anytime soon? No.49354
Wile_E  2005-02-26 04:13:10 ( ID:hqqeaexfv6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is Pegasys working on an update or a new version of DVD Author? It's been a couple of months since the front page of Pegasys-inc have been updated. Last update was for the older TMPGENC 2.5 encoder.

I would like to see more templates and buttons and more features for DVD Author.

Question - TE30 - Is a new encoder version being worked on? No.53416
Wile_E  2005-02-26 04:11:53 ( ID:hqqeaexfv6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is Pegasys working on an update or a new version of TMPGENC 3.0 Express? It's been a couple of months since the front page of Pegasys-inc have been updated. Last update was for the older 2.5 encoder.

I would like to see some speed improvements in the next version.

Wile_E  2005-03-17 17:17:02 ( ID:3jityvgcqdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess no updates coming soon. :(
Time to switch to a supported encoder that gets updates more often.

Personally I'd like the encoding speed improved on TMPGENC. It is really slow compared to the competition.

drose12  2005-03-23 17:50:40 ( ID:ebklpg3sl32 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like they upgraded it today.

TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Ver. 3.1.5.82 - March 23 2005
Fixed [Batch Encoder]: Some problems occurring during the Batch Encode have been fixed.
Fixed [others]: Some minor problems have also been corrected.

JNavas  2005-05-15 19:43:40 ( ID:vt31wtinajn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Looks like they upgraded it today.
>TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Ver. 3.1.5.82 - March 23 2005
>Fixed [Batch Encoder]: Some problems occurring during the Batch Encode have been fixed.
>Fixed [others]: Some minor problems have also been corrected.

True, but still slow.

Question - TE25 - Xvid Vdub Black Frame Error No.42957
Sakuya  2005-02-26 02:26:30 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was working with VFR MKV, trying to get it to become a normal AVI so I can convert it to MPEG-2 for DVD. After I got the AVS script up and running in VdubMOD, it tells me that it does not have the VFW codec for YV12. I'm using FFDSHOW which also has this VFW Config menu.

So I went and installed XVID. VdubMOD can now open the AVS script as is however, the first frame of the video is replaced by a black from with big white text saying:

Warning: Nothing to output
bframe decoder lag

After loading my AVS script, I have to do a fast recompress to get an AVI file. However, that black frame also gets added to the AVI! How can I remove it and replace it with the original source video? I'm not sure if that black frame was added by Vdub or if it actually replaced a frame. Since I'm working with VFR, the audio is out of sync so I'm not sure if it's that black frame's fault or if it's something with the VFR and AVS. :(

ashy  2005-02-26 14:01:41 ( ID:cag3kvroozw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you need to create an AVISYNTH script first before loading into Virtualdubmod?

Have you made sure you have enabled 'ALL' MPEG4 decoding in the VFW part of FFDSHOW?

If you really do need to use AVISYNTH then add the following line to the script first:
CONVERTOYUY2()

The 'B-frame decoder lag' error is common when using the XVID codec. Usually using FFDSHOW as the decoder corrects this.

If it bothers you then you can just remove that frame in VD.

Sakuya  2005-02-27 00:19:38 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AVS script is for changing the FPS of AVI file. The AVI file was extracted from MKV with variable bitrate. If I just use that AVI file for DVD, it would not be compatible with the audio and it would be out of sync so I need to correct the FPS of the AVI file by using an AVS script in Vdub.

The person who helped me with this told me to do a fast recompress in Vdub using the XVID or FFDSHOW codec to get an AVI with the correct FPS so I can convert it to MPEG-2. When I added: CONVERTOYUY2()
Vdub said there is no such function. :( Yes, I have enabled all MPEG4 decoding in VFW.

Since I'm using a separate XVID codec, do I need to disable anything in FDFSHOW?

ashy  2005-02-27 13:03:53 ( ID:g7s8bu.1hkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry there was a typo it should be CONVERTTOYUY2()
I wouldn't bother with the XVID codec for Virtualdub. Just put the above line in your script and it should open with FFDSHOW in VD.

As for changing the frame rate, do you mean to a standard frame rate compatible with DVD?

What is the fram rate now and what are you encoding to?

You don't need neither AVIsynth nor Virtudub to change the frame frate of an AVI. 'AVIfrate' will do it in seconds then just copy the the timecode from it and paste into Cooledit, Goldwave or Soundforge to adjust and snyc the audio.

Also which version of Virtualdub mod have you got. Virtualdubmod should be able to open your MKV directly.

Sakuya  2005-02-27 23:28:22 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That still doesn't work. Do I need to download some kind of DLL for it? The VFR MKV is when it uses a variety of FPS in certain areas of the video, some parts of it are 23.976 while some other parts are 29.97. When you play the MKV, it plays fine but when you extract the video, the FPS becomes messed up and the entire thing becomes extra lengthy (making it incompatible with the audio).

Even if I open the MKV in Vdub and extract it, the AVI will still come out lengthy. So I need to change the FPS throughout the video to 23.976 using AVS script and then recompressing it using XVID (hence the error frame) and then converting to MPEG-2. Man, I hate MKVs now. :(

ashy  2005-02-28 00:38:51 ( ID:g7s8bu.1hkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to tell me that CONVERTTOYUY2() doesn't work in your AVISYNTH script?

I find this very unlikely as this is one of the basic commands that AVISYNTH uses.

Please post your AVISYNTH script here.

Sakuya  2005-02-28 03:00:43 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here you go:

LoadPlugin("D:AviSynthpluginsFDecimate.dll")
CONVERTTOYUY2()
source=AviSource("D:file.avi",audio=false)
videoA=source.Trim(0,2159).AssumeFPS(23.9760).ChangeFPS(120.00)
videoB=source.Trim(2160,44510).AssumeFPS(29.9700).ChangeFPS(120.00)
videoA+videoB
FDecimate(23.976)

ashy  2005-02-28 23:13:50 ( ID:g7s8bu.1hkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorta lost as to what that script is actually doing.
Obviously it is changing the frame rate, but why do you need to change the frame rate to 120 fps first?

Also why the difference in frame rates from the first part to the second?

This may work fine I don't really know, cuz I've never tried a script like that before nor have I had to mess about with MKV's like that.
In fact I've never used the 'Fdecimate' plugin and I'm too tired right now to look into it.

Where did you get the script from.

Sakuya  2005-03-01 02:58:48 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's the Doom9 thread where I got help. The first post wasn't mines so you will have to scroll down on that first page:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89294

I don't understand too well what a VFR MKV is but I followed their instructions and then made the script. They provided a sample script for me to use.

Question - TE25 - admin: can a message be edited? No.42956
aldaco12  2005-02-25 13:34:02 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry admin, I tried it twice. Even if I enter the correct password I gave, I cannot edit a previous message I made. Did I do something wrong or there's a bug in the site?

Question - TE25 - missing codec? No.42953
chooken  2005-02-24 23:05:58 ( ID:sehui.9zuzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My problem is when i convert an avi with tmpgenc i lose the sound. i know this question has been asked many times and i have been reading the various guides and replies but none of them seem to help me.

I've tried converting the sound to wav with virtualdub and then encoding with tmpgenc but, i still get no sound. i even reinstalled tmpgenc but there's been no change. i tried just playing the wav file in my audio player and it wouldn't play. it used too. but now it doesn't. When i play the original file in my media player it works perfectly.

everything was fine until a week ago. so i deleted all my video and sound codecs and reinstalled them again but i still can't get sound when i convert with tmpgenc. so i figure my problem is most likely a codec problem but i have no idea what codec i am missing. the codecs i have installed are:

ffdshow mpeg-44 video decoder
divx 5.2.1
Indeo
AC3-ACM
Core Vorbis
3ivx
XVID (Koepi)
Ogg-acm
Divx 3.11 alpha
Ac3 Filter
Oggdso995
fraunhofer Mpeg layer-3 Audio Decompressor
Lame
Wm9 Codecs

So would some be able to help me out with my problem please. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

aldaco12  2005-02-25 13:27:53 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 . Praticalli, extract hthe sound from the movie with VirtualDub (File___Save WAV) and decode/re-encode it to 'MP2 for SVCD' (check the box 'downconvert sample rate') with BeSweet (+ its GUI).
After, load thet MP2 as 'audio input' when you make the AVI --> MPEG conversion with TMPGenc. Alas, you need specific plugins to decompess some kind of compressed audio [and the 'WAV' you extract with VirtualDub with Audio set on 'Direct Stream Copy' (which is the default) is NOT an uncompressed sounc, i.e. it isn't a real WAV!!].

aldaco12  2005-02-25 13:31:31 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If interested in knowing which kind of compression it has been used (often it is .AC3 - Dolby surround) , open the movie with VirtualDubMod, do Stream__Stream List. It will show which kind of audio stream it has...
To decompress the .AC3 sound TMPGenc has a specific plugin you can add to it, without doing that things I explained you.

Question - TE25 - how can I reduce an mpeg No.42950
jarrieta  2005-02-24 16:42:04 ( ID:dguqf6mtoxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to reduce an mpeg file (by ex. from 2 GB to 1 Gb) reducing sampling, but when I try to open the file in wizard a message appear : file unsoported!. With MPEG Tools I can play this file but not with wizard. It's normal?
Thanks.
JC

aldaco12  2005-02-25 13:46:16 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the file is a DVD video (e.g. Movie.M2V, Movie.VOB or Movie.D2V) TMPGenc cannot load it unless it has a proper plugin (M2V.VFP, DVD2AVI.VFP...) even if your PC can play DVD videos, can. Maybe this is the case?

jarrieta  2005-02-25 16:14:33 ( ID:dguqf6mtoxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks aldaco12 but I'm talking about a file movie.mpeg, I want transform it from 2GB to 1 GB reducing btr for put it with others .mpeg in DVD via DVDLab.
I was read other questions in this section and it seem that is not possible do that with TMPEGnc.
JC

Question - TE25 - Error: "index of scan is out of range (384) No.42948
bruno  2005-02-24 14:30:12 ( ID:ypehp0ts0n2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am a longtime user of TMPGenc, which is an amazing program. Few days ago I was converting an avi file to mpeg-2 and I get this error every time in the same place. I am sure the mistake is in the avi file, because I also tried another program and got the same error, in the same place. What do you suggest? The avi file is playable on my PC. Thanks.

aldaco12  2005-02-25 13:20:57 ( ID:oqc/f/b5mok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I managed to correct a similar error (VirtualDub didn't recognize the type of the mpeg file) by doing with TMPGenc File____Merge & Cut and cutting the movie from 00:00,01 ---> end (therefore losing nothing).
Try it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.