Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 425 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 Converting AVI into MPEG-1 Heiner 1 2003-09-22 07:11:09
Question TDA1 How do I add menus other people have created? Mark 1 2003-09-22 14:58:46
Question TE25 Padding problem on a MPEG2 video LucManc 3 2003-09-20 13:11:11
Question TE25 Two audio streams? bokoboko 2 2003-09-18 20:44:46
Bug report TE25 Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Error Mike 2 2003-10-01 19:09:10
Question TDA1 Creating Menus & connecting to chapters georgiejr 0 2003-09-17 15:41:39
Request TDA1 Where can I download the manual for this product gee 0 2003-09-17 06:47:56
Question TE25 MainConcept Codec Enzyme 4 2003-09-17 21:29:25
Bug report TE25 Batch encode problem Mumrarr 2 2003-09-17 20:02:41
Question TE25 Setup Problems Gunny 3 2003-09-20 13:23:23
Request TDA1 Usefull features? Confused 3 2003-10-02 12:36:52
Question TE25 Avi to Mpg - Video goes black halfway through file KylieKaT 2 2003-09-16 20:53:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 425 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - Converting AVI into MPEG-1 No.48756
Heiner  2003-09-18 22:10:55 ( ID:9x0stpj9nfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I converted an avi file into mpeg-1, to create a vcd but there is no sound.
Can someone tell me what to do?

VCDGirl  2003-09-22 07:11:09 ( ID:zeigjxkxgfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For VCD, just drop the AVI into TMPGEnc (not DVD Author), then choose the template for VCD NTSC (or PAL, if that's what they use where you live) under Setting, then make sure System (Video + Audio) is checked. The audio should be there after it is done encoding.

If you have trouble, check out VirtualDub. You can use that program to save a wav file of the video's audio (file -> save wav) and you can use it to mess around with the video compression. If you save a wav from VirtualDub, you can stick it back onto the video in TMPGEnc by pointing the Audio soucrce to the wav file and the Video source to the video file.

Question - TDA1 - How do I add menus other people have created? No.48754
Mark  2003-09-18 17:43:25 ( ID:nkhexm8o5pj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a place where I can find more menu choices? I am not impressed with the ones that come with TMPGEnc DVD Author. I have not been able to figure out how to customize them and add additional text boxes. Also, I can't seem to move the text boxes around like I would like.

Is there a way to create and save my own menus? I would be willng to share if there is a place to upload/download.

Thanks!

B_Racer  2003-09-22 14:58:46 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use othe Menus. But you can use the Theme-Editor to Move you Buttons and Text-Boxes arround.

Question - TE25 - Padding problem on a MPEG2 video No.39095
LucManc  2003-09-18 14:27:34 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
I've 2 MPEG2 file representing 2 parts of the same AVI, encoded with TMPGEnc usign VBR and CQ = 80 by the DVD2SVCD utility.
If I make VCDEasy analyze them it says there's non need for padding.
Next, I've joined the 2 files with MPEG Tools (section cut&merge) of TMPGEnc, but when I make VCDEasy analyze this new file it says that there is need for padding...a lot of "padding"
Why? How can I set the muxer of TMPGEnc (if possible) to avoid this situation? I think about something like re-multiplexing a MPEG1 file with system MPEG1 Video-CD (non standard).

Thanks for the help.

ashy  2003-09-18 20:40:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is simply because you did not choose the correct 'stream type' when muxing.
You should have selected 'MPEG-2 Super videoCD(VBR)'

BDN  2003-09-19 13:24:47 ( ID:.sevfdzqtuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to frameserve the streams using AviSynth; I've seen a lot of guys asking what frameserving is good for, and who needs it... Well... it is the ultimate soution, sometimes...

Good luck.

ashy  2003-09-20 13:11:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Try to frameserve the streams using AviSynth; I've seen a lot of guys asking what frameserving is good for, and who needs it... Well... it is the ultimate soution, sometimes...

I don't think you understand the problem or what frame serving is.
Frame serving won't solve the problem as it has nothing to do with it at all.
The problem is caused by wrong headers in the MPEG because of not selecting the correct stream type when multiplexing or cutting.
It is solved by using the directions as I gave above.

Question - TE25 - Two audio streams? No.39092
bokoboko  2003-09-18 12:51:31 ( ID:qbjoamcvgi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to encode to MPEG-2 system file with two audio streams?

Video Guy  2003-09-18 13:52:03 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only true way to get two audio streams for MPEG-2 is if you author it for DVD. Some programs will let you mux two streams but I've seen players that will not recognize the second stream or go out of sync.

If you don't want to author it for DVD you could encode a "dual stero" audio file. Basically this will put one audio file in the left channel and the other file in the right channel. For example, you could put English in the left and Spanish in the right. Some players will detect a dual stero and prompt you which one you want. For other players you have to mute one side of your speakers. The downside to this is that it makes each stream mono. You would have to use another program besides TMPGEnc to get each stream in the proper channel.

Vido Guy

ashy  2003-09-18 20:44:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can just add the second stream using TMPG's multiplexer, but as already said your player may not recognize the second stream.

Bug report - TE25 - Illegal Floating Decimal Point Calculation Error No.39089
Mike  2003-09-18 01:37:12 ( ID:bqn2rpgr4ck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see someone else has recently posted about this problem. As that thread already has a lot of posts to it, I'll start a new one.

I get that error message every single time I try to encode an .AVI file to .MPG using TMPGenc.

First it was as part of the DVD2SVCD bundle package, but after a couple times of trying that, when it always froze during the TMPGEnc process, with that error message, I also tried it directly from TMPGEnc, with no participation of DVD2SVCD, just starting TMPGEnc by itself, loading the .AVI file, and starting the conversion process. I did that before bed or before going to work in the morning, and each time, when I came back to the computer, I would see that error message. I don't know when during the process it happened. Certainly not right at the beginning, as a couple times I was still up or at home a little while before going to bed or leaving, and it was still working then.

So yes, nothing else was running at the same time. In fact, right before using it, to minimize any potential problems, I disabled all startup programs, and re-started the computer fresh and clean, without any background programs. I just left the computer running the program, and didn't touch a key or mouse during the process.

I had the process set to the defaults, did not enable "high quality" or anything like that.

THe version on my TMPGEnc is 2.520.54.163, which I think is the newest. "Core version" is 1.97.151. I am running Windows XP Home. My computer has a Pentium 4M 2.0 gHz CPU, and 768 MB RAM.

What is causing this problem?

Minion  2003-09-18 02:29:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Like the Other Post said your AVI file could have an error in it, If it is a File you downloaded off the net then it is Probably the case...You could use "Virtual Dub" to scan the File for errors and see if there are any Corrupted frames, and if there are or even if there aren"t you can then use Virtual Dub to Frameserve the File to Tmpgenc, Virtual dub will Mask any Bad Frames while frame serveing the file to Tmpgenc, You can even use the Filters in Virtual Dub instead of useing TMpgenc Filters as V-Dub filters are Better...You Can get Virtual Dub at http://www.virtualdub.org/ and to Frameserve there should be instructions at the Site but if you can"t find them you can allways Post back or you can email me directly for assistance....Good Luck

Lexus99  2003-10-01 19:09:10 ( ID:nd6dqvj0ozr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had this same problem with some ST-Voyager episodes I record directly from satellite (T6/22) using an Amber Mpeg2 encoder card. My computer has the Athlon XP processor so I do not even have the SSE options available to me (I note this because I have seen other posts claiming by turning this off, it will encode without the error).

What DOES fix it is to encode in anything BUT 2 pass VBR. This is got to be a problem with TMPGENC, and not with my files, as it seems completely random.

LeX

Question - TDA1 - Creating Menus & connecting to chapters No.48753
georgiejr  2003-09-17 15:41:39 ( ID:sehk3fthfkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I am new into DVD authoring and new to TMPgenc. I use Pinnacle Studio 8 to capture and use TMPGenc to convert from avi to mpeg and then use TMPgenc to try to add a menu and chapters. I went to the HELP since they said that they have no downloadable manuals and very confusing for me.

I only want to make 2 chapters. Can someone give me a step-by-step dummy way of creating a menu and creating the chapters and linking them so that I can select which chapter I want to go from main menu and after playing every chapter, go back to the menu.

Your help is much appreciated..

Request - TDA1 - Where can I download the manual for this product No.48752
gee  2003-09-17 06:47:56 ( ID:da1cnw7ya9. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Where can I find a manual for this product and TMPgenc Plus?

Question - TE25 - MainConcept Codec No.39084
Enzyme  2003-09-17 04:57:20 ( ID:mqkz1ttpfrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all.
I've been using TMPGenc for awhile now to make vcd from music videos. But I ran into one video that uses MainConcept Mpeg Encoder and the can't read this file. What do I need to re-encode this video so its in VCD format?

Minion  2003-09-17 05:35:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This Video is allready in Mpeg format so you should check to see that it isn"t allready in VCD Format..You actually should have checked before Posting and then Posted it"s Specs, Meaning you should post if the File is Mpeg1 or mpeg2 and the Resolution of the File and the Frame rate of the File, Because depending on what type of file it is would help determine what is wrong and why you can"t encode it....

Enzyme  2003-09-17 08:41:20 ( ID:mqkz1ttpfrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I got the specs for the video.
(Directly From WMP)
Video: MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder
Audio: MPEG Audio Decoder
Resolution: 768x576

I not completely sure how to figure out if its mpeg1 or 2 and in WMP in doesn't say the bitrate. Off the site it said it was SVCD but I just want to make it into a VCD. Its 70+mbs for 3 mins and 30 secs of video.

Minion  2003-09-17 11:59:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldn"t trust what Media Player says about a File, It Probably wasn"t the Right specs anyways Cuz that is not the resolution for SVCD, And the "MainConcept Decoder" is Just what media Player uses to Play the File it doesn"t really say Much about the file...Well if it IS a SVCD File then it is a Mpeg2 file and For Tmpgenc to read Mpeg2 files you need certain Decoders installed that Tmpgenc can work with, The New Pluss version comes with one Built in....First Try installing this :"http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.38.lzh " it is a Mpeg2 decoder for Tmpgenc But if you can get that to work for some reason you will have to do is something called Frame serveing, and I"ll explain how to do it, this is the best way to encode a Mpeg2 file to Mpeg1/2 with Tmpgenc..

First download this program: " http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/dlnow.dll?Inc=No&ID=104605 " it is called "DVD2AVI"...
First open the DVD2AVI folder and copy and Paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file from the DVD2AVI folder into the Tmpgenc folder..

Now Run DVD2AVI and Drag and Drop your File into the DVD2AVI window, Now go to "File" to "Save Project" and give the file a name..
Now in a Couple minutes you will have a D2V file and Probably a Mpa or a Mp2 Audio file..If it is a Mpa or Mp2 file then just put it away till later...

Now Run Tmpgenc and Load the "D2V" file in for the Video and set the "Stream Type" to "Video Only" then set up your Settings for encodeing to VCD, You"ve done it before...Now Just encode the File and when you are Done you will have a "m1v" VCD Video file, Now you have to join the Mpa Audio file that you got from DVD2AVI with your VCD Video file, To do this go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" and Load the M1V file in for the Video and the Mpa/Mp2 audio file in for the audio, and from the Drop Down menu choose "Video-CD" and give your Output file a Name and Click "Run" and in a couple minutes you will have your VCD that you just need to Burn to Disk....
The Only Possible Problem I can forsee is that I think the File you are encodeing is a Pal file and if you live in NTSC Land your VCD will have Jumpy Playback in your DVD Player Cuz you cant Properly encode a Pal file to NTSC or a NTSC File to Pal with Tmpgenc...

Enzyme  2003-09-17 21:29:25 ( ID:mqkz1ttpfrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Minion, I'll this a try and see what happens.

Bug report - TE25 - Batch encode problem No.39081
Mumrarr  2003-09-17 02:13:06 ( ID:9/jx9atpcth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to batch encode several files, however, if the software is encoding for over a minute, it will close without warning after finishing the current file. So it normally only encodes one at a time. Sometimes I may be lucky and get two files in one, but its really annoying

Enzyme  2003-09-17 09:26:08 ( ID:mqkz1ttpfrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you do multiple files one after another?

Video Guy  2003-09-17 20:02:41 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@Mumrarr

This usually happens due to codec problems. I have experienced this with type-1 DV files. I have also read that some people have problems with the divx codec. If you are using type-1 DV try converting it to type-2 DV. There are a number of free tools to do this around. If it is divx or xvid you should try ffdshow. It might help if you raised the DirectShow priority in the settings.

@Enzyme

TMPGEnc has a batch encode mode. Basically load a file configure your settings and save the project. You end up with a .tpr file. Repeat this for all your files you want to encode. Then go to the menu and select the batch. Load all the .tpr files into this and TMPGEnc will start encoding.

Video Guy

Question - TE25 - Setup Problems No.39077
Gunny  2003-09-16 22:41:11 ( ID:8dswexxmuz6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I had a crash while I made the setup for TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 Trial version.

Now I can not finish the setup. There is a error message like this:

Setup could not find a file on the spcified path or disk.
Please check that the proper disk is insserted or specify a new path.
Unable to locate file C:DOKUMENTGWLOKALEETemp_is13TEMPGEnc Plus 2.5.msi.

I also can not deinstall the programm.

What can I do to finish the setup.

Thanks

Gunny

Minion  2003-09-16 22:47:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Just Manually Delete all of the Tmpgenc Files then use a Registry cleaner to clean out any old registry entries then re-install Tmpgenc and it should work fine.....

Gunny  2003-09-20 11:49:08 ( ID:e3h4n1acaw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried everything, diferen Registry cleaner programms, but everytime I got the same error message.

Gunny

ashy  2003-09-20 13:23:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Theres no need to mess with the registry.
Just simply reinstall TMPG again.
If it won't install then the .EXE is corrupt. Download it again
My advice is to download the non-install version this time.

The path you have posted is pointing to a file in the Temporary directory and is a file located in the TMPGenc installer and therefore has probably been deleted.

Request - TDA1 - Usefull features? No.48748
Confused  2003-09-16 07:38:09 ( ID:wrao9tuo/za )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some requests

1. Automatic insertion of chapter points at user/pre-defined intervals (say every 5 - 10 mins)

2. Inserting chapter points - could we have a hot key - (&Add current fra...) saves all that mouse movment.

3. Create Menu - ability to insert text anywhere.

4. Unlocking of standards - please? all of them, TMPGEnc let us do this, and if I want to waste my dvd-r's making unplayable out of standard dvds that my prob - go on we know you can ;-)

Keep up the good work.

9ral4f  2003-09-16 09:40:01 ( ID:p0pfv7jsvew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> 1. Automatic insertion of chapter points at user/pre-defined intervals (say every 5 - 10 mins)

Huh? I'm using this every day. Try the "Add"-Button below the chapter list...

> 3. Create Menu - ability to insert text anywhere.

Yesssss. Please!

> 4. Unlocking of standards

Please! At least SVCD resolutions. Nearly all SVCD-capable players play SVCD from DVD, too.

LessConfused  2003-09-26 02:25:12 ( ID:wrao9tuo/za )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>> 1. Automatic insertion of chapter points at user/pre-defined intervals (say every 5 - 10 mins)
>
>Huh? I'm using this every day. Try the "Add"-Button below the chapter list...

OOpps only buttonI didn't try }:-) I should have RTFM better..
Cheers 4 the info.

Oliver  2003-10-02 12:36:52 ( ID:wwiu2c07owm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Subtitle support would also be nice, cause I would like to backup my dvd including subtitles. Then it would be nice if it supports files created by Subrip & Maestro SBT. And Svcd resolution is already possible.. You must change your mpeg-2 header with a program like dvdpatcher!

Question - TE25 - Avi to Mpg - Video goes black halfway through file No.39074
KylieKaT  Home )  2003-09-15 23:00:32 ( ID:.2apoxaaj96 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have loaded an avi file 2gb in size in huffy codec, I have tried a few time to convert it to either mpg1 or 2 using tmpgenc 2.56. The problem I get is when I watch back the file the video goes black and the audio carries on at differing points in the file. Differing as in at different point after encodign it a few times.

Any ideas?

Minion  2003-09-16 01:23:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well firstly you should have the "output a RGB" box checked in your HuffyUV Codec Settings, this means that the Codec will Decode your AVI file useing RGB colorspace which is what Tmpgenc works with..Then you should go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2", this should stop the Video from Going Black on you....Good Luck

KylieKaT  Home )  2003-09-16 20:53:01 ( ID:.2apoxaaj96 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Fantastic, I must have knocked off the settings as I have managed for months before this problem, Minion your a star! Thanks

KylieKaT

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.