Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 432 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Unlock.cfm Matt 2 2003-08-29 22:03:36
Question TDA1 No audio in motion menus? Hugh Miller 2 2003-08-31 21:35:21
Question TE25 DVD-R'S AdonisXX 8 2003-08-31 13:28:08
Question TE25 question about file sizes typeo11 5 2003-09-02 05:35:46
Question TE25 Audio Problem After Editing Kian3001 1 2003-08-28 22:29:02
Question TDA1 AC3 Audio Problem cofrpayne 2 2003-08-30 20:34:38
Request TE25 A TMPGenc Video Editor? BW 0 2003-08-28 04:49:02
Question TE25 How do I correctly switch the System Language? Doe 4 2003-09-14 19:21:17
Question TE25 VCD Video freeZing Z crazy 2 2003-08-28 22:19:48
Question TE25 Encoding Quicktime reference to MPEG-2 luky 2 2003-09-07 20:02:09
Question TE25 Resume an encode if machine dies?? gratner 3 2003-08-28 14:40:07
Question TE25 Pointer Error Sparqee1 2 2003-08-27 10:14:53

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 432 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Unlock.cfm No.38859
Matt  2003-08-29 15:59:04 ( ID:p/glgp6sq4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc refers to the "unlock.cfm" in the "Extra" folder so I would like to know where is this located in the program.
Thank You,
Matt

ashy  2003-08-29 17:29:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The unlock.mcf unlocks all the settings after a template has been loaded.

Minion  2003-08-29 22:03:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "EXtra" Folder is Located in the "Templates" folder....

Question - TDA1 - No audio in motion menus? No.48707
Hugh Miller  Home )  2003-08-29 13:57:41 ( ID:ri9oqx6vb36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think your software is great. It might not have great menus, otherwise it always delivers. I have no problems.

BUT,

I was very happy to see motion menus, but have not been able to get audio to play in it.

I placed a valid Mpeg2 file with PCM audio, not ac3.

Why no audio?

B_Racer  2003-08-30 20:33:19 ( ID:sb3fayfks3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hum, Motion Men27Ô will work on MP2- and PCM-Audio. Only AC3 is no use.

deskgrunt  2003-08-31 21:35:21 ( ID:4niysfrh8vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry but audio does NOT work with PCM sound (PAL), only layer-2.

Question - TE25 - DVD-R'S No.38850
AdonisXX  2003-08-29 07:06:26 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello guys, question, what is a very good quality low cost DVD-R media? I use Prince but the quality is not consistent some of the DVDÃÔ have problems such as blocking, freezing etcEwhile others are just fine.

ashy  2003-08-29 10:05:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the best quality and consistency there is no better than RITEK disks, usually under the DATASAFE brand, Datawrite and Bulkpaq also have one made by RITEK, DATAWRITE are also made by Princo and may be the best deal for the price.
Some people say Princo disks work fine others have less success which are also made under DATASAFE brand.

Don't be tempted to buy the low priced disks because they are not Grade A disks and in the end you just have more problems with them and plenty of coasters.
Always buy a Grade A disk.
Here is a site which has the RITEK disks under a brand called CloneDisc, these are the cheapest I have seen in the UK for the RITEK disks yet and well worth the money, unfortunately are available in the UK only at the moment.
http://www.dvd-and-media.com/dvdr%20media.htm

You can also get cheap RITEK here:
http://www.blank-cd-cdr.com/dvdr-media-dvd-r.html

Minion  2003-08-29 22:02:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had some really Bad Luck with DVD Media ,I rescently bought 20 DVD-R"s for the Unreal Price of $8 but when I finally got the disks and tried them they were total Crap, I would burn a Movie on the didk then put the DVD I just burned back into the DVD Drive on my PC and it couldn"t even read the disk that it just finnished Writeing, I have burned about 5 of these disks so far with not a Single one working...I have had Pretty Good Success with "Sony OEM" DVD-R"s and they are Quite Cheap anywere from $.75-$1.25 each on E-Bay and I have had Success with "Memorex" DVD-/+R"s But they are about $2-$3 each and I have some Totally generic 1 speed DVD-R"s that I got for about $1 each, they have no Brand Name that I can find But I haven"t had a Failed Disk yet accept a Couple of the DVD"s would have the Ocational Little glitch in it while Watching the Movie...But From what I have heard Ritec are Probably the Best You can get for a Cheap Price....Cheers

AdonisXX  2003-08-30 03:21:28 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Ash, why did i know ritek's would be your 1st choice, :), anyway very good information. The site you gave me (blankcdr.com) is a good site it has the princo on there that i am buying, cheaper. I do use riteks but only for my master's, i think that maybe i will start coughing up the extra bucks to stop the boomer rings! Thanks again ash!

AdonisXX  2003-08-30 03:26:22 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, i think your right about the riteks, i have used a lot of riteks to keep my masters on and have burn quite a few, i can't remember a single issue with the riteks, only that they are higher in price.

ashy  2003-08-30 13:09:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you would also like to take a look here, these are the cheapest I've seen them:
http://www.yesbuy.net/pr4dv21.html - $24
http://www.e-tronicdepot.com/pr4xdv425501.html - $28.75

The strange thing is that both seem to be the same supplier, yet the first is cheaper and has slightly cheaper shipping even though they use the same service.

B_Racer  2003-08-30 20:27:48 ( ID:sb3fayfks3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried several Disc-Types. The best ones are manufactored by Matsushita. Unfortunatly, you have to have a Disc to get the Information about the Manufactorer.
As an example: I have several Discs from TDK - they are from different Manufactorers. And they are not the same quality.
I've also tested some cheap Discs (Princo), they are junk.

Minion  2003-08-30 21:44:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some Genaric Disks that seem to work pretty good and they were Only about $0.75 each But I don"t know what Brand they are ,So is there some sort of Program that can tell you the manufacturer of the Disks?? and if there is can you please tell me were I can find it?? ThanXX

ashy  2003-08-31 13:28:08 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree, Princo wouldn't be my choice either. Ritek are generally considered the best and have to agree, far better to pay the extra and get no coasters.

Minion you need ADVINFO or DVDINFOPro, which is now the preferred program over ADVINFO.
You can download it here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com/index.php
Also check this page for DVD media codes and reliability of certain disks:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdmedia?advdinfo=1

Question - TE25 - question about file sizes No.38844
typeo11  2003-08-29 00:50:28 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a question about the file size of the mpg files made. I'm converting an avi file and a separate wav file into svcd format. The length is 21m 24s. Using 2 pass vbr and an average video bitrate of 2350 kbits/s and an audio bitrate of 192 kbits/s should give me a file of about 395 mb. Thats what it says in the estimated file size in tmpgenc also. However, the file it creates is only around 363 mb, which happens to be about the size if i just encoded the video. The audio encoded would be around 30 mb, adding up to the around 390 mb size. The mpg file does have the encoded audio though. Does anyone know why the file size is less than what it should be?

Thanks

ashy  2003-08-29 10:28:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What difference does it make if it works ok? It's only meant to be an estimated size.

typeo11  2003-08-29 17:33:31 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well i'm just wondering why the file sizes don't calculate correctly. So i want to know if it's actually encoding at less than the average video bitrate it says.

ashy  2003-08-29 18:51:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes the bitrate will vary slighty even though it is using a CBR method, but the average will be whatever you set it.
Check it with 'Bitrate viewer'

Minion  2003-08-29 21:50:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I is Quite well Known that Tmpgenc does not have good bitrate controll so the Bitrate will vary a Bit from what you set it to which will make the File size vary a bit also, and there isn"t much you can do about it....

AdonisXX  2003-09-02 05:35:46 ( ID:pxl206fuy7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ash, those are 2 good sites!

Question - TE25 - Audio Problem After Editing No.38842
Kian3001  2003-08-28 19:03:49 ( ID:js0ne9zjlyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, after i've edited a scene at the end of my movie, audio sync goes out by about 1 second. Other edits have been fine. The audio is uncompressed to wav.
Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

Minion  2003-08-28 22:29:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you edited a Scene out of your Movie?? Useing what Editor??? You can"t use the "Merge & Cut" to edit mpeg files with Wav audio ,If you are talking about the Source Range"s "Cut Editing" then I would sugest editing the Scenes after encodeing the file or even better is to edit the Source file before encodeing, If it is an AVI file then Virtual Dub is good for editing AVI files....

Question - TDA1 - AC3 Audio Problem No.48704
cofrpayne  2003-08-28 16:41:52 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having a problem with dolby digital 5.1 sound. What happens is I can only bring in certain clips that have AC3 but sometimes I get audio differs error and there is no audio when I check in clip settings. I have triple check that there are all Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Anyone know what his might be?

9ral4f  2003-08-30 11:49:31 ( ID:1vxod1c3a1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Got similar problems, with demultiplexed AC3s, sometimes. A small program named AC3FIX does the trick, usually. Try to search for it via Google and use it on demultiplexed AC3s.

B_Racer  2003-08-30 20:34:38 ( ID:sb3fayfks3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This happens if the AC3-File do have errors on some Frames. AC3Fix will help.

Request - TE25 - A TMPGenc Video Editor? No.38841
BW  2003-08-28 04:49:02 ( ID:rihoxasgx3r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It'd be really really great if someone (either the folks here or at Pega Sys) wrote a full featured video editor. Something along the lines of Adobe Premiere, with a timeline, ability to cut/paste and rearrange parts of videos, etc.. and add some basic transitions/effects. Commercial video editing software like Premiere is too expensive and not worth it (especially since now it's only for XP), and other free software like that pretty much sucks. The programmers who made TMPGenc and TMPGenc DVD Author can definately write a great video editor, and I'd be perfectly willing to pay a reasonable price for one.

Question - TE25 - How do I correctly switch the System Language? No.38836
Doe  2003-08-28 02:55:33 ( ID:pnrolcsyvhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm running Japanese Windows 98SE, and would like TMPGEnc to run in the English language. I've downloaded and installed TMPGEnc-2.520.54.163-Free, and when run it's automatically set itself to Japanese language. Under Options -> Language there's only a selection for "Automatic," no other languages. I read elsewhere on the BBS that a variable in the TMPGENC.ini file can vary the language, quoted from ASHY; "...open the TMPGenc.ini file in the TMPG folder
Under [SYSTEM] change the 'Language ID' to: LanguageID=1033." Though, when I open TMPGENC.ini, there is nowhere the line '[SYSTEM]' nor 'LanguageID'. Any help's much obliged!

Thanks,

-D.

ashy  2003-08-28 14:17:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because that option isn't added to the TMPGenc.ini file until the first time you choose a different language.
You will need to add it manually.

Open the TMPGenc.ini file then copy and paste the lines below:

[System]
LanguageID=1033

Now save it and close the file.

I don't if this will work on Japanese Windows or whether windows will just force the Japanese language.

Doe  2003-08-29 21:35:32 ( ID:8oosy.yqewj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Added the line, but it's no difference. At first when I re-opened the .ini after trying it, I thought the program had cut it right off the bottom, but a second look found that it'd been moved up to between [Form.MainForm] and [Tools.QuantizeMatrix], as if it's recognized. However, it's still stuck in Japanese..

Doe  2003-09-12 23:38:47 ( ID:9a7jkhbxvjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bump..

ashy  2003-09-14 19:21:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you fall over....LOL

Question - TE25 - VCD Video freeZing No.38833
Z crazy  2003-08-28 01:40:06 ( ID:hs9qev4.9bo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm REAL new to video work so please bare with me. I made a VCD from an AVI I had that plays fine on my computer but the disk I made keeps freezing when I play it in my DVD player. If I fast forward a little it resumes ok but a few minutes later it does it again. At the end of the movie the sound was WAY out of sync with the video. Any help I can get would be great!
Thanks,
Z

ashy  2003-08-28 15:00:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok two things may be causing this.

One is you may not have formatted this MPEG correctly.
When you create a VCD you must use the correct VCD template. If you did, but you split the MPEG then you need to choose the correct stream type when doing so, you need to select 'MPEG1 VideoCD' DO NOT leave it at default.

Second, do not burn the disk at high speed, you nearly always get problems with MPEGs that are burned too fast. Use a low speed, 4x is best if you can.
Make sure you burn the disk as a VCD not a data disk.

BTW which burning program are you using?

Minion  2003-08-28 22:19:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also Bitrate Spikes Can cause this Effect but there isn"t much you can do about it if you are useing the standard VCD templat...Tmpgenc has really bad bitrate controll and I rescently make a Standard VCD for My Brother useing Tmpgenc and his DVD Player had the same effect as yours accept worse ,So I used a Different encoder to encode the movie(MainConcept-1.31) and the Movie Played Perfectly in his Player....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Encoding Quicktime reference to MPEG-2 No.38830
luky  2003-08-27 19:56:35 ( ID:gfdtncuftt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have one problem when i try to encode from a quicktime reference file. Well, i will explain. I edit with Avid DV, and then i export the video as a quicktime reference (i have to say that the videos are long and it's not "possible" to export as an avi file), and try encode the video with TMPGEnc 2.5 with the quicktime "plugin". When I just click browse and select the quiktime file, TMPGEnc closes without giving any message or error.

In my opinion, it could be that the "plug-in" does not support quiktime 6.0 file format. (I think the .mov format has been changed in the last version).

Does anybody have the same problem? If so, please write me, or better post here the solution, if you have one.

Another thing, the plug-in is not oficial. It would be interesting to write a official one, so we could report and correct bugs, and also stay "up to date".

I have no problems when encoding a normal quicktime file or other formats.

Luky

Minion  2003-08-27 21:15:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No the Plugin Does Not Support Quicktime 6 ,The Plugin was written by someone who has no connection to Tmpgenc and it was written about 2 years ago and only supports Quicktime 4 and 5 .. A couple of Poeple Have been able to get the Plugin to work in a Limited way But it is Not reliable, and the Plugin will not be Updated unless someone with some codeing abilities takes it upon them selves to rewrite the Plugin...What I would sugest is to use an Encoder that Fully supports Quicktime Files Like CCE SP 2.67 which is a Better Mpeg2 encoder than Tmpgenc and it is Many times Faster than Tmpgenc, But it is also Very expensive at $2000 unless you can find a Hacked version....good Luck....Cheers

luky  2003-09-07 20:02:09 ( ID:gfdtncuftt6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. I found the problem. I'll explain what was happening.

(Minion)I'm not sure if the plug-in fully works with QuickTime 6, I have not tested it yet, actually I'm running Quicktime 5. But that wasn't the main issue.

The plugin has no problems when importing working with QuickTime reference files. The problem was that when I exported the QuickTime reference file I have the "Avid DV Codec" option enabled. You should have this option DISABLED. This will not have any effect on the quality of the video. It will be the same quality.

I think that you can (I have not tested it), install the Avid DV codec, in some way and use it when exporting. I think that it isn't necessay,so If you have problems just desactivate the option.

I have been searching for the right tools and the code of the actual plug-in, to see if I can do something (I'm not an expert programmer but I think It could be done, with some help.) but I havent found them. If anyone knows how to update the plug-in, please post it here. Maybe it could be interesting to start a project at SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/) to get some help.

I insist that TMPEG Enc is interested in developing as many plugins as possible, so it can be used in many situations.

Thanks to eveybody,

Luky

Question - TE25 - Resume an encode if machine dies?? No.38826
gratner  2003-08-27 16:55:48 ( ID:aysgsvmziaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was doing a 50 hour encode and the power went out with approximately 7 hours left. Needless to say I am not happy.

Why doesn't TMPEGEnc have the ability to resume an encode if the machine hangs or power is lost?

Also, it would be nice to have a "pause" button too since there are times when I would want to temporarily stop the encode in order to use the machine to do something else.

I am a paying customer, btw.

Thanks,
Glenn

Minion  2003-08-27 21:07:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No there is No way to resume encodeing were you left off, No Encoder has this Feature probably because it is Impossible to Implement..What you either have to do is Use the "Source Range" to Start encodeing again a Frame after were you left off then Join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut" ..You either must be encodeing a Really long movie or you have a Really slow PC if it is Takeing your 50 Hours to encode a Movie, It takes Me about 3 hours to encode a 2 hour Movie useing Tmpgenc and only an hour useing CCE, Maybe you should Upgrade your PC as you can do it Really Cheap, You can probably upgrade to a 2ghz PC for about $100-$150 US, Cuz I"m sure you have better things to do that wait 2 days just to encode a Movie, ...Cheers

gratner  2003-08-27 22:35:23 ( ID:aysgsvmziaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I'm encoding using 2-pass VBR and also using Noise Reduction since I'm recording a 3 hour football game from VHS. I want the best quality I can get.

I have a pretty fast machine... an AMD XP2400 with 512mb of RAM.

So unless I'm doing incredibly wrong, it should take this long.. correct?

ashy  2003-08-28 14:40:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

50 hours!
Jaysus I wouldn't even bother, 2 days to encode any movie is just far too long especially on a fairly fast PC.

My guess is you are trying to optimize everthing to the hilt resulting in a pointless and seriously long encoding time.

Don't bother with 2 pass, honestly 'Constant quality(CQ)' will give better results in most cases at half the time, so thats now 25 hours, next DO NOT use the HIGHEST quality setting for motion search. It is well know by the more experienced of us here that there is no percievable difference between just HIGH and HIGHEST apart from doubling the encode time, so that's now only 12 hours.

Next forget about using TMPG's noise reduction, this filter works in a colour space which is far too slow. Your best bet is to use the Virtualdub VHS Flaxen filter which is specially desigen for cleaning up VHS and works really well.
Download here: http://flaxen.dynip.com/vdf/fxvhs/

Also read the online help for tips how to use it, but usually the default is good enough, just enable the Stabilize, Noise reduction and Sharpen boxes, but leave the settings at default.

Once you have loaded the source file into Virtualdub and added the filter you will have to frame serve it to TMPG. You can find info how to do this in the Virtualdub help files.

This should cut down the encode time another half, so that's now 6 hours or probably even less which is more or less what it should be not 50 hours because that is just ridiculous and unecessary.

Question - TE25 - Pointer Error No.38823
Sparqee1  2003-08-27 06:40:51 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "pointer Error" window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

Sparqee1  2003-08-27 06:48:00 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "invalid pointer Operation" Error-window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

ashy  2003-08-27 10:14:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When I try to convert a avi file at the end of the operation I get a "pointer Error" window pops up. Anybody have any ideas what this is and what to do to eliminate it in the future.

Just thought I'd repost it too seeing as you are.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.