Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 363 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 drop shadow on chapter font ppartee 2 2004-08-10 05:24:23
Question TDA1 Root Menu Button David 3 2004-03-04 16:31:42
Question TE25 problem with vdub frame server Kaoru 6 2004-03-08 22:04:38
Question TE25 HELP!!!! PLEASE mOuLdY 7 2004-03-06 00:46:12
Question TE25 asf to avi with ASFtools and then vcd with TMPGEnc lorac 11 2004-03-06 13:39:55
Question TE25 Edits don't seem very exact Max Power 4 2004-05-14 10:21:12
Question TE25 Cutting a file Helpme 4 2004-03-05 11:46:33
Question TE25 AVI (DV type 2) captured by DVIO cannot be openeb by Tmpg 2.59 Ken 1 2004-03-02 19:33:04
Question TE25 Read error while encoding .avi video/seperate .wav audio shaggyd714 1 2004-03-02 19:40:28
Question TE25 Trouble with avi files toyota525 1 2004-03-02 04:56:27
Question TE25 Encoding slowed to a crawl Bill 0 2004-03-01 15:36:51
Question TE25 Encoding slowed to a crawl Bill 1 2004-03-01 18:29:51

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 363 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - drop shadow on chapter font No.49064
ppartee  2004-03-04 22:51:50 ( ID:i.nm3uiawal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The font for the chapter text on the menu does not have a drop shadow. I created some chapter titles in photoshop by adding them to the background image and putting the DVD-Author chapter boxes around them, and they worked but the highlighter didn't happen. Can I create chapter titles outside the program and still have them highlight when selected? It would be nice if DVD-Author had a wider style selection for text. Thanks.

Nohbdy  2004-03-26 04:02:57 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with you, if I'm reading you properly.

The "title" has a drop shadow, but the chapters do not. I wish the chapters had a drop shadow as well, it would definitely help me in my selection for font colors!

Overider  2004-08-10 05:24:23 ( ID:pwcvca41zh2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats what I am looking for there might be a way to use rollover images from photoshop to highlight the photoshop image I just can't seem to figure it out.

Question - TDA1 - Root Menu Button No.49060
David  2004-03-04 04:32:11 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all.

I use this program to author all my dvds. However, I ran into an annoying problem.

When I author my dvds I use the main menu only and disable the option for chapter menus.

On the remote control that came with my dvd player there is a "title" button and a "root menu" button. I have a universal remote with only a "root menu" button. The only way I can get back to the menu while watching a clip is by pressing the "title" button. The "root menu" button does nothing. This means I can't get back to the menu with my universal remote. I tried the same thing with the software WinDVD and PowerDVD. I can't get back to the menu by clicking the root button, only the title button.

Every other authoring program works with the root button, but not TMPGEnc. I really want to use TMPGEnc because its the only software to let you create different title sets.

Is everyone having this problem?

Thanks.

B_Racer  2004-03-04 10:20:43 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc DVD Author is a Multi-VTS-Application. So the First Menu of a DVD produced with this programm have to be a VMG-Menu, not a VTS-Menu.
VMG-Menus can only be reached by using "Title", there is no Way to use "Menu".
That's because a VMG can link to several VTS and any VTS can have it's own Root-Menu (but you have not created any VTS-Menu).
If you are using Track (chapter) Menus with TMPGEnc DVD Author, this Menus will be VTS-Menus which can be reached bei pressing the Menu-Button on your Remote.

Create Track Menus, use your own Design (edit). Remove the Chapters from the Menu-List (not from the Chapter-List!). You will have an empty Menu with a Back-Button to you First Menu (the VMG). Not realy an elegant way, but it should work.

Borax  2004-03-04 10:33:06 ( ID:lhftqaoa9cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately there is a "contradiction" in the way you create your menus. The "root" menu is not the "root" for the total DVD, but more or less the root for the current content. If you press the button for root menu while you are watching a specific title, you would normaly get a chapter menu, as this is the "root" for the current titel. Therefore I think the only way to get around this problem is to use a chapter menu, where you have a button to return to the titel menu.

David  2004-03-04 16:31:42 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks B_Racer and Borax.

I now understand why it won't work.

Question - TE25 - problem with vdub frame server No.41116
Kaoru  2004-03-03 16:11:35 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is wrong with my vdub ...
i can't open frameserver file ... iven with vdub :(
please help

ashy  2004-03-04 22:25:53 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You haven't installed the frame server client correctly.
Run AuxSetup.exe in the Virtualdub folder and install the handler.

Kaoru  2004-03-05 08:28:30 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's not that i've already done it ,& it's not working

thnx KAoru

ashy  2004-03-06 00:51:13 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uninstall the handler first then reboot. Next re-install the handler then reboot again.

If it still doesn't work try running the proxyon.reg file then try again.

Which operating system are you using?

Kaoru  2004-03-07 14:50:25 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WIn xp

Kaoru  2004-03-07 14:53:55 ( ID:dampmfimpmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

that's not it sorry , i think it's somting with my codeks this movie is in xvid format , all divx movies R working great :)

ashy  2004-03-08 22:04:38 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying that the frame server is working with DIVX movies, but not XVID movies?
Can you actually load an XVID movie into Virtualdub?

Question - TE25 - HELP!!!! PLEASE No.41108
mOuLdY  2004-03-03 04:37:46 ( ID:abql4tqvk9m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, i have a video that is 741mb so it wont fit on a blanck cd. so i have split it in half using TMPGenc, and the end result of only HALF the video is 781mb. what did i do wrong?

ashy  2004-03-03 11:32:22 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you split it?

If it's MPEG1 VCD then you can fit up to 800mb on an 80mins CDR or 747MB on a 74min CDR. With overburning you can fit 823mb on an 80min disk.

mOuLdY  2004-03-03 15:20:38 ( ID:abql4tqvk9m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its a DivX video, and in the MPEG settings, under the Advanced tab i split it in half with the Source Range tool.

Rick  2004-03-03 20:59:16 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Source" in your case is a divx AVI. It sounds like you converted it to mpeg? in which case, the file could be larger or smaller than the source. For splitting AVI files I suggest using virtualdub. Also, if your AVI has variable bitrate audio you can use virtualdub to save the audio as an uncompressed wav file. Use the wav as your audio input in tmpgenc to prevent audio sync problems when converting avi to mpeg.

Rick  2004-03-03 21:52:59 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"source range" tool does NOT split AVI files. It just tells tmpgenc what portion of the source to use for input.

ashy  2004-03-04 22:10:51 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL...you haven't split the AVI you have re-encoded it to an MPEG. This is why it is larger than the AVI.
MPEG1 VCDs encode 10mb/min. So if your AVI is 2 hours long say, it will be 1200 MB in size.

Like Rick says you need Virtualdub to split AVI's.

mOuLdY  2004-03-04 22:27:32 ( ID:qcipfpoahu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O.....i c, well thank u so much. o and do u no where i can get this virtualdub?

ashy  2004-03-06 00:46:12 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

google.com

Question - TE25 - asf to avi with ASFtools and then vcd with TMPGEnc No.41096
lorac  2004-03-02 22:06:19 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used ASFTools to convert an asf file to avi. The avi file plays correctly, but when I use TMPGEnc to convert it to mpg the resulting file contains quite a few 'pops' or glitches. Not quite sure how to explain the errors, but I guess pop is the best way.

Also not sure if it's an ASFTools problem, or TMPGEnc problem, but don't think it's and ASFTool problem as the avi plays without the glitches in WMP ... both classic and 9.0 ... an Power DVD. The original asf also play without problems.

Any suggestions for correcting this is appreciated. (W2K, 1 gig memory, PlexWriter cd-r).

lorac

ashy  2004-03-03 00:51:19 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will encode ASF directly. You may need to raise the priority of the 'directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 2. If not then you can use VirtualDub14c-asf to frameserve the file to TMPG.

lorac  2004-03-03 01:47:48 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried what you suggest and it does not encode the audio. Audio starts but then stops in both Windows Media Playr Classic and 9.0.
The GSpot info is as follows ...
The audio src is: WMAudioV2
audio path : (S) --> ASF ACM Handler --> Windows Media Audio Decoder --> MatrixMixer --> (R)
stream type: video/x-ms-asf
video src type: MP43
audio src: WMAudioV2

The priority of the 'directshow file reader' is set in the VFAPI plugins to 2. I also get the problem of big chunks of blocks in some files as mentioned in another post, and that is with directshow set to 2.

I also think I tried VDub and it did not like the files! Also tried VDub 1.3 with the same results.

The asf to avi conversion works, but then I have the problem of the "popping" sounds. Video and audio is so complicated and there are so many different formats in use. Each file is different and needs to be addressed with different tools ... just like life, it is not simple.

lorac

ashy  2004-03-03 11:20:07 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you use VirtualDub14c-asf?
This is a special version for ASF files, sometimes though it won't work with certain ASF files, usually ones that are corrupt in some way.

Also it is well known that media player 9 interferes and causes a lot of problems with Directshow related sources in programs such as TMPG, and other software.
My advice would be to get rid of it if you can and stick to version 8. You will find posts relating to this on this BBS.

Also you may want to try installing the hacked MS MPEG4 1,2,3 codec.
Microsoft has placed restrictions in the current versions of the MS MPEG4 (AKA ASF)codec as they do not want it used in third party programs which may prevent certain programs other than Windows media player from using it correctly causing compression errors.

You can find it here:
http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

Rick  2004-03-03 21:58:12 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a way around the microsoft restrictions. I noticed my tmpgenc won't even show WMV ASF files when browsing for a source. Since ASF is encoded using mpeg-4, I simply rename the ASF giving it a MPG extention. It worked for me.

mickyjuice  2004-03-05 11:52:39 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The audio src is: WMAudioV2

you need the hacked microsoft v2 codecs as ashy has suggested above

i'd also get the hacked microsoft v3 codecs, just for good measure, you dont need v3 to encode the video you have but it my come in handy for later use, i know i needed both codecs every now and then

lorac  2004-03-05 18:26:01 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. I will try all that you have suggested. I cannot believe how many codecs I have installed lately. My computer is just about ready to throw up it's hands and say "enough". maybe I should start over.

carol

lorac  2004-03-05 19:01:46 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Did you use VirtualDub14c-asf?
>This is a special version for ASF files

No, I have Vdub 1.3 and 1.4.13 installed. Tried both and neither would recognize the asf or avi file.

I find that if I use any features in ASFTools other than the "convert" function it gives me corrupted files. Still waiting to hear back from them on that issue.

>Also it is well known that media player 9 interferes and causes a lot of ...>My advice would be to get rid of it if you can and stick to version 8. You will find posts relating to this on this BBS.

I've looked thru the forum for references to WMP 8 and also searched online but I find that WMP goes from 7.1 to 9. Seems that 8 came with XP, but I cannot find it on the web. I should tell you that my OS is W2K. I have WMP Classic and 9X installed. Also have Power DVD.

Ok, so I'm going back to see if the file will play in Power DVD. Think I will have to re-do the file as I deleted the versions that play with the audio skips.

carol

ashy  2004-03-06 01:02:19 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I've looked thru the forum for references to WMP 8 and also searched online but I find that WMP goes from 7.1 to 9. Seems that 8 came with XP, but I cannot find it on the web. I should tell you that my OS is W2K. I have WMP Classic and 9X installed. Also have Power DVD.

OIC...

lorac  2004-03-06 01:44:57 ( ID:j31aq7t3b.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ashy, what is oic?

Anyway, the damn file ... good thing it's only 1:44 minutes. I've removed all codecs; I've installed the Nemo pack and tried the file again. What happens now is the file plays to 1:11 and then the sound cuts out. Before it was skipping frames from about 25 seconds in.

I was reading that there are problems with DIVX 5.2 and am wondering if that has been fixed? The problematic symptoms as described in the literature appeares to be what I'm experiencing with this file. I've also checked some of my other files and they have tiny glitches, but not to the extent of this file.

Here is the file info from gspot.

Stream Type: AVI and Interleave: not supported (what ???)
video: MP43 s-mpeg4 ver 3
audio: divx 32 kb/s 16 ch stereo Fs 22050 hz

So why would the audio be fine for 1:11 minutes and then drop out?

This file is driving me crazy, but once the problem is solved them maybe the others will work without any glitches .... one can only hope.

Thanks for your time

Carol

ashy  2004-03-06 13:39:02 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install FFDSHOW and make sure you configure it to decode all MPEG4 coded files.

ashy  2004-03-06 13:39:55 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S.
OIC = OH I see

Question - TE25 - Edits don't seem very exact No.41091
Max Power  2004-03-02 20:15:26 ( ID:dgkugyxgvwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I use Merge & Cut to, say, remove the commercials leading into and at the end of a television show, no matter how precise the cuts look while I'm doing them, after the file is multiplexed, there usually (but not always) seems to be a split second that the edit let slip by. What I mean by that is, after the end of the television show, where the cut is supposed to be, there usually seems to be an extra split second of the commercial I could have sworn I cut. I'll even go back, try to cut an extra couple of tenths of a second off the end and it'll still be there.

Any particular reason for this behavior and is there any way to get around it?

Thanks.

ashy  2004-03-03 00:58:20 ( ID:uvjw5yxxihr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because MPEGs aren't really maent to be edited. MPEGs can only be cut at I-frames therefore TMPG will shift the cut to the neaest I frame.

If you wish to cut on a frame that isn't an I frame then you will need frame accurate editor such as MPEG2VCR. MPEG2VCR will re-encode the GOP where the intended frame cut is.

Max Power  2004-03-03 01:13:59 ( ID:dgkugyxgvwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the insight. Do AVIs work any differently? Are they better to cut? Thank you.

Rick  2004-03-03 21:37:21 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI's are a little bit different but the same basic principle. AVI's use keyframes so your cut will not be exact if you cut between keyframes.

If you are looking to cut mpeg's exact, you can use tmpgenc "force picture type" in the advanced tab, to insert an I frame exactly where you want to cut.

tmarkthomas  2004-05-14 10:21:12 ( ID:0fvhok9m1ma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Whenever I use Merge & Cut to, say, remove the commercials leading into and at the end of a television show, no matter how precise the cuts look while I'm doing them, after the file is multiplexed, there usually (but not always) seems to be a split second that the edit let slip by. What I mean by that is, after the end of the television show, where the cut is supposed to be, there usually seems to be an extra split second of the commercial I could have sworn I cut. I'll even go back, try to cut an extra couple of tenths of a second off the end and it'll still be there.
>
>Any particular reason for this behavior and is there any way to get around it?
>
>Thanks.
>try renaming the file to ".mpv", then you can cut in "source range" section to an exact frame. tt

Question - TE25 - Cutting a file No.41086
Helpme  2004-03-02 13:49:40 ( ID:z.l5ytudckw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted an avi file to mpg1 in order to burn with Nero but the file is too large to fit on one cd and I can't figure out how to cut it into two files. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks for your help.

mickyjuice  2004-03-02 14:48:37 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Any idea on how to do this?

use merge and cut

goto file>mpeg tools> add (the vid you want to cut)>double click on the file and hey presto

Rick  2004-03-03 22:10:58 ( ID:ocgl3wvg5z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You say you converted to mpeg-1 "in order to burn with nero". I know you probably already know you can burn an AVI to a data cd. so I'll assume you are trying to burn a video CD. IF, and only IF you are burning a video CD, your mpeg can be 800meg for a 700mb cd. You can't just burn a data cd with an mpeg-1 on it unless it's under 700mb(or whatever size Cd you have). This is because the video cd format does not use that extra 100 meg for error correction, like a data cd does.

It's best to split your AVI's so that they are under one hour, 19min using virtualdub. Then use tmpgenc to encode the 2 files into mpeg-1 format. Do it that way, and you'll never end up with an mpeg that has to be split. It's much easier to cut an AVI ahead of time, so you don't have to mess with cutting an MPEG. Also, cutting an MPEG can sometimes render it non-compliant for video CD.

Cut your AVI's so that they are under 1 hour, 19 min before converting to MPEG!

mickyjuice  2004-03-04 00:56:00 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Also, cutting an MPEG can sometimes render it non-compliant for video CD.

y would it go non-compliant if you set to to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg supervcd, it would only go non-compliant if you told it too

dont confuse ppl

mickyjuice  2004-03-05 11:46:33 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>y would it go non-compliant if you set to to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg supervcd, it >would only go non-compliant if you told it too

>my previous post should read as follows:

why would the video turn non-compliant if youve set it to mpeg-1 vcd or mpeg-2 supervcd, it would only go non-compliant if you told it too

Question - TE25 - AVI (DV type 2) captured by DVIO cannot be openeb by Tmpg 2.59 No.41084
Ken  2004-03-02 11:20:06 ( ID:wr.uxtrv47r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I use DVIO to capture video (without any frame dropped) from my camcorder. It is DV type 2 AVI file. But Tmpg 2.59 cannot open it. The one, captured by Video capture from Media Studio Pro (with frame dropped), works fine with Tmpg. How can I make the one from DVIO work with Tmpg?
Thanks a lot.
Ken

ashy  2004-03-02 19:33:04 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' or the 'AVI(open DML) reader to 2.
Also you could try running it through Canopus file converter:
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp

Question - TE25 - Read error while encoding .avi video/seperate .wav audio No.41082
shaggyd714  2004-03-02 06:25:29 ( ID:rpek4/abx92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Read error occured at address 00042F40 of module TMPGEnc.exe with 20656850"

Following a tutroial, I extracted AC3 audio with VirtualDub, converted it with AC3 Decoder to PCM .wav, then attempted to use TMPGEnc Plus to re-code them back together. I get error above.

Any ideas?

ashy  2004-03-02 19:40:28 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to extract it to a wav first.
Just install the filter below and then load your AVI which contains Ac3 audio into TMPG.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/index.html

Question - TE25 - Trouble with avi files No.41080
toyota525  2004-03-02 03:33:54 ( ID:ra/1mspynn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems with avi files. When I load them in to the video source, all I get is the sound files. I am not able to load the file into the video source. What do I need to do to get it right?

mickyjuice  2004-03-02 04:56:27 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What do I need to do to get it right?

codecs

d/l 'g-spot' to determine what codec you need

Question - TE25 - Encoding slowed to a crawl No.41079
Bill  2004-03-01 15:36:51 ( ID:vbfm8j6by5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm 58% into a TMPGEnc Plus VBR encode to MPEG-2 and my PC (2.4 GHz Dell/656 MB memory) has almost crawled to a stop. The program is a 97 min self-contained file from Media 100. I aborted a previous attempt thinking the drive I was writing to was too full, but that is not the case now. When I bailed on the first go-around, the PC remained slow as molasses with nothing running until I rebooted. I'm not very PC savvy, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I've successfully encoded even longer programs with TMPGEnc, but at the current rate it could be weeks before this baby is born. I'm suspecting a memory management issue but I really don't have a clue.

Question - TE25 - Encoding slowed to a crawl No.41077
Bill  2004-03-01 04:58:26 ( ID:vbfm8j6by5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm 58% into a TMPGEnc Plus VBR encode to MPEG-2 and my PC (2.4 GHz Dell/656 MB memory) has almost crawled to a stop. The program is a 97 min self-contained file from Media 100. I aborted a previous attempt thinking the drive I was writing to was too full, but that is not the case now. When I bailed on the first go-around, the PC remained slow as molasses with nothing running until I rebooted. I'm not very PC savvy, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I've successfully encoded even longer programs with TMPGEnc, but at the current rate it could be weeks before this baby is born. I'm suspecting a memory management issue but I really don't have a clue.

ashy  2004-03-01 18:29:51 ( ID:9id7dwdyfvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is it an AVI?
Raise the priority of the 'directshow file reader' in the 'VFAPI plugins' to 2, see if that helps.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.