Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 375 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 Files not full size.. any help please Kliptik 1 2004-02-03 01:04:29
Question TE25 audio conversion problem pwmoroz 0 2004-01-23 17:31:23
Question TE25 Duration of video is different when playing Aligator 0 2004-01-23 11:41:29
Question TE25 DVD playback is pausing caz 0 2004-01-23 10:54:03
Question TE25 Query on duration of movie WWWlf 3 2004-01-29 09:13:29
Question TE25 Duration of video is different when playing Aligator 0 2004-01-23 07:45:04
Question TE25 Merging and CDR Capacity Sakuya 9 2004-01-25 21:47:05
Question TE25 AC3 regman 0 2004-01-22 11:41:00
Question TE25 AC3 regman 3 2004-01-22 20:35:50
Question TE25 spliytting mpeg files........... 1confusedpuppy 1 2004-01-26 07:36:54
Question TE25 write error, ACM & runtime error regman 0 2004-01-21 22:04:31
Question TE25 write error, ACM & runtime error regman 5 2005-11-03 20:25:54

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 375 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - Files not full size.. any help please No.48989
Kliptik  2004-01-23 23:28:36 ( ID:iodozdmqjz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok here's my problem, I have all the episodes for the show "24" in mpeg fomat (mpeg1 i think) and i burned them (8 episodes to one DVD) and it worked fine. When I tried to do 8 more episodes, it would only encode around 20% of the file. So the VOB should be around 420MB it is only 120MB or so. I don't understand why this is happening. I haven't changed any settings. I know that it does work, but it's not workin anymore for me.

I have plenty of room on my hard drive, so i don't think thats the cause. I have 4 movies i wish to put on one DVD also (all around 800MB-1.2GB) but they are only encoding to 150MB-200MB, the files are in sync, and look great, but they are not finishing.

My hardware is Athlon 1800+, 60GB HD, WinXP pro.

Thanks for any help

hustbaer  2004-02-03 01:04:29 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you should know what version of MPEG file you have if you capped the files yourself, but thats another issue :)

try remultiplexing the file with tmpgenc mpeg encoder (the free version should do fine if the files are indeed MPEG1).

"FILE"|"MPEG Tools..." -> "Merge & Cut" -> "Add" -> set output path -> "Run".

if the output-file is still complete and in sync you should be fine.
if not, you probably have a corrupted MPEG file.
don't count on MPEG files from some capture-app (or wherever you might get them from) are valid and standard-conform, just because they play nice in media-player.

bye,
--hustbaer

Question - TE25 - audio conversion problem No.40723
pwmoroz  2004-01-23 17:31:23 ( ID:2t6vyb4drfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bear with me:

Some avi files I have could not be converted to mpg with sound... I d/l'ed virtual dub and extracted the wav from these avi. I then inserted the original .avi and the .wav file into the wizard, and then cut the movie to put on two VCD disks.

The problem is that the first movie segment has ace sound and video, but the second one (where I cut and had to start from the middle of the avi) the sound and video are not concurrent.

I've looked around for this problem elsewhere on this board, and could not find it, so if someone could please reply to this and help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

PWM

Question - TE25 - Duration of video is different when playing No.40722
Aligator  2004-01-23 11:41:29 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had encoded an wmv file into mpeg and everything is ok but problem came up during playing. The file size of the mpeg is about 250MB and will mount up to about 25 mins of video play. But when the mpeg is being played the duration only shows 23mins of video play and when it reached the 23rd min it still can go on playing til 25th min. I was really blaffed by this problem and i wondered if it is my win media player. But i don't think so as i had batch encoded several wmv with the problematic mpeg and all of them turn up fine. Sorry for taking up your time. Really would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Question - TE25 - DVD playback is pausing No.40721
caz  2004-01-23 10:54:03 ( ID:lyvd1kw5zqh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Each DVD I make will not play properly on my home theater dvd player. It seems to play for 15 - 20 seconds, then pause for 5 - 10 seconds. It does this over and over again. I'm wondering if my dvd's are not formated correctly or if my dvd player is really picky.

I have taken a mpg and used Roxio DVD creator to make the dvd.
I have taken a mpg, used TMPGenc to create an m2v, demux'ed it with Vobedit, then burned it with nero.
And I have taken a dvd movie I purchased, riped it with DVD Shrink, then burned with nero. Every time I got the same pausing/hesitating problem. I have used cd+r's and cd+rw's.

Can some one please shed some light on this issue? Thanks

Question - TE25 - Query on duration of movie No.40717
WWWlf  2004-01-23 09:57:00 ( ID:2tr.9xs4jl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me. I'm fairly new to all this....

I have downloaded a DivX movie, which is approx 1hr30m. I wanted to convert it to DVD-R so I followed the tutorial in Afterdawn (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm). I used all the settings as outlined in this. My problem came when I came to the bitrate part of the wizard. The "movie info" says it is now 287mins. Wow! Even dropping the vid bitrate down to 2000, I still have a massive file. Whatever settings I used the file it wants to produce is HUGE (ie more than two DVD-Rs!) and it is taking an absolute age to create the output file.

What am I doing wrong???

FYI: My PC is rather old AMD Athlon 1.2, 768MbRAM, XP Pro

B_Racer  2004-01-24 23:39:25 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DivX-Movie, eh? Downloaded, eh? You are using illegal stuff, eh?

That's the very old VBR-Audio-Problem. I'm tired to see it again and again. Search die Board, solutions to solve this problem are already posted here.

mickyjuice  2004-01-29 09:12:53 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>DivX-Movie, eh? Downloaded, eh? You are using illegal stuff, eh?

and you would never do a thing like that would you know????

;p

mickyjuice  2004-01-29 09:13:29 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

eh

Question - TE25 - Duration of video is different when playing No.40716
Aligator  2004-01-23 07:45:04 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had encoded an wmv file into mpeg and everything is ok but problem came up during playing. The file size of the mpeg is about 250MB and will mount up to about 25 mins of video play. But when the mpeg is being played the duration only shows 23mins of video play and when it reached the 23rd min it still can go on playing til 25th min. I was really blaffed by this problem and i wondered if it is my win media player. But i don't think so as i had batch encoded several wmv with the problematic mpeg and all of them turn up fine. Sorry for taking up your time. Really would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Merging and CDR Capacity No.40706
Sakuya  2004-01-23 06:47:14 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I downloaded this movie which was divided into 3 separate AVI files. The entire movie is 89 minutes. Since it is separate AVI files, I have to convert them one by one. So after converting, I will have 3 MPEG files. If I merge them together, would the resulted MPEG be flawless? Flawless as in no errors and no added time? Plus, would it fit on a CD-R with overburning? My CD-R is 700MB and 80 minutes though. Would it fit if I converted with 80% quality or should I go lower?

ashy  2004-01-23 16:56:07 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to encode them seperately. Just label the files in sequence Movie001.AVI, Movie002.AVI, Movie003.AVI....and so on thene enable 'open sequence files as movie' in the 'enviromental settings' under the 'general' tab.

You can fit 82mins at standard VCD bitrate on an 80 min disk with overburning. To fit 89min you will have to lower the bitrate slightly or even better use VBR encoding.

Sakuya  2004-01-23 20:36:24 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

:( Then I guess I will split them onto 2 CD-Rs.

ashy  2004-01-23 22:00:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well to be honest you will only have to lower the bitrate slightly or if you use VBR you will be able to fit the whole thing on 1 disk without loss of quality.
Seems a bit of a waste to put 7 mins on 1 disk.

Sakuya  2004-01-24 01:45:32 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is VBR? The source video is really high quality. This is its specs:

Resolution: 712x400
Video: Xvid (~2500kbit/s)
Audio: AC3 (~438kbit/s)

And for lowering the bitrate what should I do? I'm the person that makes XVCDs with the really weird settings that work well. Here is what I use to jog your memory:

Size: 480x480
Stream Type: MPEG-1
Rate Control Mode: Constant Quality (80%)
Maximum Bitrate: 2520 kbits/sec
Motion Search: Normal
Video Arrange Method: Center Custom 420x420

The 80% is set at default. Sometimes, I use 70% just in case. And the center custom size is for the overscan. So what should I change in this case?

Sakuya  2004-01-24 01:48:30 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Woops, I forgot to add something! I thought the disc capacity was 82 minutes? How can fitting 89 minutes by lowering the bitrate be possible? And I cannot find that option in my Environmental Settings General tab. :( Does VBR take longer?

ashy  2004-01-24 13:39:26 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are already using VBR if you are encoding using the 'Constant Quality' method.

You can fit 82 mins of standard bitrate MPEG data on one 80min disk if you burn however if you lower it slightly then the data rate per second will not be as high, so you will be able to squeeze more on the disk.
The lower the bitrate the more you can fit on a disk.
Any bitrate calcultor will tell you how much you can fit on a disk for any given bitrate.

If I were you I would just use the settings you already have, but just split between 2 disks and raise the max bitrate to 3500kb/s and the min to 1800kb/s and Q = 65/70

Sakuya  2004-01-24 19:37:45 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why raise the bitrate? Since the movie is divided into 3 files, I will have to merge the first and second files, and then if that doesn't fit on one disc, will I have to split in the middle of the second file? Confusing...anyway, thanks! :) I guess it is impossible to fit it on one disc if I want to keep the quality?

ashy  2004-01-25 13:41:15 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suggested raising the bitrate because if you split an 89 minute movie between 2 disks then you may as well use the full space on the disk. To do this you would raise the bitrate and thus create a higher quality output.

As I said previously you don't need to join any files. Just enable the the sequence files option in TMPG then just split the file right down the middle with the MPEGtools after encoding .
Trust me this is the best way to do it.

Sakuya  2004-01-25 21:47:05 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't find that option anywhere. But it's alright if I just joined it after right? Also, since the source files are so high quality, each of the 3 part AVI are about 600MB each. I know it sounds absurd but it is. What if the MPEG would come out to be even more?! :( Should I really increase the bitrate? :(

Question - TE25 - AC3 No.40705
regman  2004-01-22 11:41:00 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, I have three questions....first of all I downloaded an ac3filter, but it has alot of files in it, but no installation or application file in the folder!...how do I install something like that? Second...is this the right filter you said to go to? If not, third.....what website do I go to in order to get the right one? I don't mean to be a menace, but I just want to get on with doing my movies and getting them done!

thanks!!

Question - TE25 - AC3 No.40701
regman  2004-01-22 05:13:06 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if TMPGEnc suppported ac3 codecs? cuz when I enter a movie that has the ac3 codec in the audio, it gives me an error warning that says "_____can not open or unsupported". I checked the file and it's NOT corrupted cuz it plays excellent and I checked it through AVI codec finder and it told me the audio was in ac3 format...it worked for me before on TMPGEnc and now it's not working and I had the same version I have now (2.58)...and I have the TMPGEnc plus!! What adjustments could I make to it to make it work??? I'm really getting pissed cuz NOTHING'S WORKING in it now!!! PLEASE help me out.....SOMEBODY!!!

mickyjuice  2004-01-22 06:25:37 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

download and install 'ac3filter' which will let you encode video's with ac3 audio directly with tmpgenc (easiest)

OR

you can decompress the ac3 audio to wav(with any program that can do it),then use that wav file as your audio source (bit of a f*&% around)

regman  2004-01-22 11:39:56 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, I have three questions....first of all I downloaded an ac3filter, but it has alot of files in it, but no installation or application file in the folder!...how do I install something like that? Second...is this the right filter you said to go to? If not, third.....what website do I go to in order to get the right one? I don't mean to be a menace, but I just want to get on with doing my movies and getting them done! thanks!!

ashy  2004-01-22 20:35:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

'AC3filter' will NOT work with TMPG.
It will let you load the Ac3 into the audio field, however it will not decode it, leaving you with just silence in the output.

The only one I know of that works with TMPG is the 'AC3ACM decompressor'. Note: It will only decode Ac3 in AVI's.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

Question - TE25 - spliytting mpeg files........... No.40699
1confusedpuppy  2004-01-22 00:41:12 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok guys please dont get mad...............but to split the movie
>source range>set bigining>set end. repete for the second half right?

mickyjuice  2004-01-26 07:36:54 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes do it that way only if you have to encode your vid files to mpeg, but if they are already mpeg use tmpgenc's merge&cut: goto file, mpeg tool, merge&cut

Question - TE25 - write error, ACM & runtime error No.40698
regman  2004-01-21 22:04:31 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to add to my problem question....my processor is an AMD athlon xp 1700 processor, if that helps any!

Question - TE25 - write error, ACM & runtime error No.40692
regman  2004-01-21 22:01:40 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just recently had to wipe out everything on my hard drive and start over and I've been using TMPGEnc for a couple of years, but now I'm having MAJOR problems....I'm using windows XP home edition, have an AMD athlon xp processor, two hard drives (80 for windows & 120 gig for movie & data storage), and have 704 mbs of RAM. I'm trying to convert an AVI file to a DVD format using TMPGEnc and I keep getting messages like "write error occured at address 77f83905 of module 'ntdll.dll with 00000000", "runtime error 216 at 0003D9f49", and "error occured with ACM was initialized". I didn't have NONE of these problems before and I've tried adjusting direct show & AVI/PFW compatible reader in the environmental settings....WHAT THE HELL'S THE PROBLEM NOW OR WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? Minion, ashley or somebody PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS so I can convert my movies again!!!

Minion  2004-01-21 23:42:09 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well What Type of AVI file is It?? The ntdll.dll error is ususally because the File was encoded useing the XviD codec which Tmpgenc does not like at all...Sometimes installing FFDShow and Configureing it to decode XviD files will Help...But if this is not the Problem then I don"t know exactly what I could be...What Would Probably solve the Problem no matter what it is is if you try "Frame serveing" the File to Tmpgenc useing something like "Virtual-Dub" which is what I usually do when a Encoder has problems decodeing the AVI file I am trying to encode....

regman  2004-01-22 00:11:45 ( ID:r45jlh6405r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well it's an XVID file, but I've BEEN encoding XVID files for the longest and NEVER had a problem like I'm having now!

Minion  2004-01-22 20:54:45 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This error Pops up all the Time on this Forum and it allways is related to the XviD codec, It doesn"t mean it will happen with every XviD file but when it does happen it is usually due to the file being Encoded with the XviD codec...Do what I mentioned before ,Frame serve the file to Tmpgenc useing Virtual Dub...Cheers

Darrell  2004-01-26 07:53:33 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

did u install AC3ACM? delete the file AC3ACM.dll in c:windowssystem32 (windows xp)
i hope this help....

worker3456  2005-11-03 20:25:54 ( ID:kdr31xwp.6m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the "error occured with ACM was initialized" problem.
I tried to use another avi file as the audio source. It worked. So, the video codec is not a problem.
I can play the avi file with Windows Media Player, Windows Media Classic. That means I have the proper codec (AC3 filter, I checked with GSpot).
I searched the web for ACM-related codecs. Installed them. Still no luck.
Now, I decide the download VirtualDub.
Wish me luck.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.