Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 388 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Encoding Video perfect..Audio Scrambled for 3 sec and then Nothing ramfan7 1 2003-12-26 18:55:15
Bug report TE25 XviD and TMPGEnc S8tn 1 2003-12-26 12:40:48
Question TE25 avi2vcd TMPGEnc keeps greating 2 clips llr 4 2003-12-26 14:17:56
Question TE25 PAL to NTSC stymie1001 1 2003-12-26 02:39:29
Question TDA1 LPCM > 16 bit = impossible Stefan 2 2004-01-02 07:36:33
Question TE25 ReMPEG2 stays idle when transcode ac3 Darrell 9 2003-12-28 06:18:24
Question TDA1 Menu "tab" order Whatever 0 2003-12-25 05:06:25
Question TE25 TMPGEnc victoria 2 2003-12-26 00:44:35
Question TE25 ULEAD's field order is reversed? Sillyname 3 2003-12-26 21:39:05
Question TE25 Sorry about the double posting... Sillyname 1 2003-12-24 16:02:46
Question TE25 My problem Sillyname 1 2003-12-25 02:32:49
Question TE25 Mr Grahame Ross 4 2003-12-26 02:48:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 388 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Encoding Video perfect..Audio Scrambled for 3 sec and then Nothing No.40289
ramfan7  2003-12-26 07:47:57 ( ID:qtv3byqugra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encode my movies to TMPGE and it does the video perfectly but the audio plays for 3 to 6 seconds and then NOTHING. And the audio is scrambled too.
What settings did I do wrong ?
SECONDLY I used Stream Type ES Video/ AUDIO Is that correct?
Worked in past from Adob but not Pinnacle.....
My original files are AVI files from Pinnacle Liquid edition.And they play perfectly in windows media etc etc...

ashy  2003-12-26 18:55:15 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Convert the audio to a wav using Virtualdubmod then use that as your audio source.

Bug report - TE25 - XviD and TMPGEnc No.40287
S8tn  2003-12-26 04:03:45 ( ID:nhfxok3mrgn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Come to new conclusions.................TMPGEnc does not like the XviD codec. I've tried to convert many movies I've recompressed containing the XviD codec (As XviD can have up to a 10000 bit rate).

ashy  2003-12-26 12:40:48 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what's your point?
That a hacked MPEG4 codec sometimes has problems with a program that doesn't officially support it? How is this a bug?

However XVID AVI's will work just fine if you configure TMPG correctly to work them and don't use AVI's that are possibly corrupt or downloaded from the net.

If you search this BBS you will find details how to make XVID work fine.

Question - TE25 - avi2vcd TMPGEnc keeps greating 2 clips No.40282
llr  2003-12-25 21:45:59 ( ID:g7jzftqouof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Im trying to make vcd by using avi2vcd. Bitrate settings are fine, but still TMPGEnc creates two clips? Why ?

Thx

Minion  2003-12-26 02:41:57 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing AVI2VCD or are you useing Tmpgenc?? What do you Mean by 2 Clips are these 2 Parts of the Same File or are the 2 files of a Different Format??

llr  2003-12-26 08:02:45 ( ID:6azb0/ult/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, im using avi2vcd and encoder is TMPGenc. Two clips means that they are from same file but splitted in two parts.

ashy  2003-12-26 12:44:57 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the TMPG BBS.
Why don't you ask your question in the AVI2VCD forum.

The author of TMPG does not support the use of these third party programs with TMPG and hence any problems as such are not TMPG problems, so take your question to the AVI2VCD forum which is where the answer to your problem lies.

llr  2003-12-26 14:17:56 ( ID:g7jzftqouof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, thx

Question - TE25 - PAL to NTSC No.40280
stymie1001  2003-12-25 21:32:52 ( ID:xc88v7jndyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert a PAL file to NTSC using TMPGEnc?

Minion  2003-12-26 02:39:29 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc does not Properly convert Pal to NTSC or Visa versa ,Well you can But then you will have to use an Audio Editor to Change the Length of the Audio because when converting 25fps to 23.97fps the audio length is Changed because less Frames a second makes a Longer Video File..So what you do is set the Framerate to 23.97fps with 3:2 Pulldown on Playback then set select the "Do Not Frame Rate Convert" in the Advanced settings and then encode Just the Video to Mpeg..Now you will need to extract the audio from the source File to WAV format and then you will need an audio editor like "GoldWave"..You now Find out the Exact length of the Mpeg Video file and write it down and then load the Audio into GoldWave and use the "Time Warp" Feature to Change the length of the Audio file to the exact Length of the Video File, then render the Wav file and encode it to Mpa audio and Multiplex it with the Video File...You can also use a Good Quality Video editor to do the Conversion cuz Most good editors Like premier or vegas can do proper Frame rate conversions...Cheers

Question - TDA1 - LPCM > 16 bit = impossible No.48906
Stefan  Home )  2003-12-25 09:19:57 ( ID:mpr4lvx5kro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I use TMPGEnc DVD Author I can use a sound (Audio Input File) like Dolby Digital (AC3), MPEG1 Audio Layer 2 or Linear PCM.

Well, I´ll use LPCM!

If I read the DVD-Standard, I can use Linear PCM with 16 / 20 / 24 Bit with a Sampling Frequency about 48 or 96 kHz.

But TMPGEnc DVD Author can only use LPCM with 16Bit resolution. It´s impossible to use LPCM with 24 Bit and 96 kHz.

What´s wrong?

Best from Wuppertal and
Merry Christmas!

Stefan

Olivier  2004-01-01 20:16:19 ( ID:x5bc8gweacc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's not dvd standard.... only 48kHz & 16 bit... I'm sorry for you.

Stefan  2004-01-02 07:36:33 ( ID:25g48ksufej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>That's not dvd standard.... only 48kHz & 16 bit... I'm sorry for you

Sorry Olivier, 48 kHz is only for compressed sound. I think you were misinformed! The the dvdrhelp.com site is wrong.

I write about lossless, uncompressed digital audio (LPCM)!!

Please read DVD Demystified from Jim Tayler (side 304, 305):

Dolby Digital (AC3) = <448 kBit/s by 48 kHz
MPEG-1 = <384 kBit/s by 48 kHz
MPEG-2 = <912 kBit/s by 48 kHz

but

Linear PCM = <6.144 MBit/s and 16, 20 or 24 Bit by 48 or 96 kHz !!!

And please see some leaflets from Sony or others about DVD-Players. All new player can play 96 kHz LPCM (by 24 bits) !!!!!

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html wrote:
"Linear PCM is uncompressed (lossless) digital audio, the same format used on CDs and most studio masters. It can be sampled at 48 or 96 kHz with 16, 20, or 24 bits/sample. (Audio CD is limited to 44.1 kHz at 16 bits.) There can be from 1 to 8 channels. The maximum bit rate is 6.144 Mbps, which limits sample rates and bit sizes when there are 5 or more channels. It's generally felt that the 120 dB dynamic range of 20 bits combined with a frequency response of around 22,000 Hz from 48 kHz sampling is adequate for high-fidelity sound reproduction. However, additional bits and higher sampling rates are useful in audiophile applications, studio work, noise shaping, advanced digital processing, and three-dimensional sound field reproduction. DVD players are required to support all the variations of LPCM, but many subsample 96 kHz down to 48 kHz, and some may not use all 20 or 24 bits. The signal provided on the digital output for external digital-to-analog converters may be limited to less than 96 kHz and less than 24 bits."

The CSS license (not the DVD Technical Notes) does not allow digital PCM output of CSS-protected material at 96 kHz. The player must downsample to 48 kHz. But the DVD-Standard give a permission to use.

Please note: We talk about S/P DIF Characteristics.

The Standard IEC958 "Digital audio interface" define that the Signal bitrate is 2.8MHz (Fs=44.1kHz), 2Mhz (Fs=32kHz) and 3.1Mhz (Fs=48kHz).

With regard to DVD-Audio some new DVD-Video-players can output 96/24 PCM audio using a non-standard variation of IEC-958 running at 6.144 Mbps instead of the normal limit of 3.1 MHz.

OK, I will make my one DVD-Video with a GOOD sound. I use LPCM (is lossless uncomressed digital audio) with 96kHz sample frequency and 24 bits sample size, witout (!!) CSS license (it is my one license).

If I produce the DVD with Spruce DVDMaestro I have no problems with my PCM-Stream (96kHz/24Bit). TMPGEnc DVD Author did not work correct!!

Stefan

Question - TE25 - ReMPEG2 stays idle when transcode ac3 No.40270
Darrell  2003-12-25 09:06:18 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i use virtualdub v1.5.10 (even use virtuadub mod & virtualdub_ac3) to extract ac3 from Xvid avi file. when i try to transcode it to mp2 rempeg just stay at 0%....anyone knows what's wrong with it?

ashy  2003-12-25 13:18:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you using ReMPEG for this?
There are much faster and more capable programs out there that can do this even TMPG can do it itself.

ashy  2003-12-25 13:43:07 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and by the way, you DO NOT extract to an AC3 with Virtualdub unless you are creating a DVD. You should be extracting to a WAV which TMPG will convert to Mp2 no problem.

Minion  2003-12-26 01:45:25 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When Virtual dub extracts AC3 to Wav it It extracts it to an AC3 File with a Wav header, and if you set it to Full proscessing Mode it in Most cases seems to extract to a Blank file..But if you install the AC3 ACM Decompressor then Virtual dub will extract the AC3 directly to wav and with Dolby downmix when Nescessary...Or you can Use AVI-Mix to extract it directly to AC3 and then encode the AC3 to Mp2 with something like "Headac3he" them mux it with the Mpeg tools...

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

Darrell  2003-12-26 05:48:13 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx for the response guys. actually i want to transcode ac3 to mpeg 5.1 multichannel stream using rempeg.the movie i dl has 2 parts,1st 1 i transcode it successfully with rempeg but the 2nd part just says at 0%....

ashy  2003-12-26 12:53:00 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>When Virtual dub extracts AC3 to Wav it It extracts it to an AC3 File with a Wav header, and if you set it to Full proscessing Mode it in Most cases seems to extract to a Blank file..But if you install the AC3 ACM Decompressor then Virtual dub will extract the AC3 directly to wav and with Dolby downmix when Nescessary...Or you can Use AVI-Mix to extract it directly to AC3 and then encode the AC3 to Mp2 with something like "Headac3he" them mux it with the Mpeg tools...

Virtualdubmod and Virtualdub_ac3 don't have this problem. It is only Virtualdub which produces the wav header on Ac3 files.

If you wish to convert Ac3 to MPPEG 5.1 audio use the program in the link below:
http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/hypercube_transcoder.html

Darrell  2003-12-27 09:47:39 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've tried hypercube but it stops at 33.4%....

ashy  2003-12-27 13:36:32 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then you may have a problem with your AC3 file, it may have corrupt frames.
Download Ac3 fix and the GUI from this link:
http://www.roderz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/euro2/ and run you Ac3 through it.

Darrell  2003-12-28 06:05:21 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks ashy

Darrell  2003-12-28 06:18:24 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well has checked using ac3fix/ac3gui. no bad frame encountered

Question - TDA1 - Menu "tab" order No.48905
Whatever  2003-12-25 05:06:25 ( ID:a6yi1a5nn3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I am experiencing a small problem with my menu, but can't work out how to fix it. I have 9 titles on my DVD and four 15 second clips to select titles on each page (except the last page which only has one).

When I get to the top menu, the play all button is automatically selected, but when I use the arrow keys on my DVD remote to navigate to one of the titles, I can't navigate back to any of the buttons, only the animated clips.

This means that I have to re-initialise the menu to be able to select a button and navigate to the second screen of titles.

Any ideas how this is controlled?

Cheers,
Jeremy.

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc No.40267
victoria  Home )  2003-12-25 03:39:12 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone, I am getting the following error message that appears when I'm about 20% into the encoding:

TMPGEnc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

then it just shuts down. Thanx for your help, victoria

Merry Christmas to you all.

ashy  2003-12-25 13:47:40 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm assuming your source is AVI?
It could be your AVI is corrupt.
Three things you can try for now.

1. Completely delete and re-install TMPG
2. Click the 'VFAPI plugins' tab in the 'enviromental settings' and raise the priority of the directshow reader to 2
3. Install FFDSHOW and configure it to decode your source.

victoria  Home )  2003-12-26 00:44:35 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again, well nothing else worked and I made another vcd, with no problems so I'm assuming it was corrupt as you said, I've deleted that one and moved on. Thanx for your input anyway, victoria

Question - TE25 - ULEAD's field order is reversed? No.40263
Sillyname  2003-12-24 22:42:19 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read this over at www.DVDRhelp.com...

ULEAD's Field Order A is actually B and vice versa.

The trouble I'm having is that I get video that freezes and then resumes. I've been calling it jerky playback. It only occurs when I encode in TMPGEnc but was not happening with ULEAD's mpeg 2 encoder. TMPGEnc's DVDs (we'll call them that) work fine via WinDVD, though (de-interlaced monitor).

ULEAD's DVDs ran ok in my settop but TMPGEnc's did not.
Tonight, I will try changig field order in TMPGEnc to B, though the source, as far as ULEAD is concerned has been field order A ever since capturing.

This should work because it's the only thing I haven't tried. People here have been telling me to switch field order to B but I was converting my avi in Mediastudio to B, as well. That's why I gave up on fields as being the problem. Every time I sent an avi to TMPGEnc, in all my tests, it was in the reverse field order.

Anybody need a coaster?

Minion  2003-12-25 02:25:06 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you load your Source File into Tmpgenc useing the WiZarD then Tmpgenc analizes the File for the Correct Field order and sets it accordingly...I have Found it to Be very Accurate with Most Interlaced Material..I have Had Choppy Playback and/or really Bad Combing even when the Field order was Correct and the Artifacts would show Up No Matter what i did accept if I Used a Deinterlace Filter but I would not advise useing it unless as a Last resort or if you are going to Play the Movie on your PC...You Can also Reverse the Field Order of a Mpeg file without re-encodeing the File, You can use tools Like "Pulldown.exe" or "DoPulldown" to reverce the Field order....good Luck

Sillyname  2003-12-26 14:37:44 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried reversing field order... Video still jumps.

I knew it wasn't a field order issue. Field Order trouble has always showed up as flickering horizontal lines in my video. This stuff is just hanging up and resuming every now and then. Like I'm hitting a particularly large pocket of data. I've turned off scene detection because I was afraid its penchant for creating extra I-Frames was flooding parts of my video with higher bitrates. But that wasn't it, either. I need to get a analog output device so I can view my VOB folders on a TV before having to burn another DVD.

So if the NTSC DVD template doesn't work for me, what should I tweak on it, given it's pre-assigned parameters? What's the next thing to try?

Minion  2003-12-26 21:39:05 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Getting Interlace artifacts and useing any Field Order setting still produces Jumpy Playback then use One of the Deinterlace Filters in tmpgenc...This will get Rid of all of the Jumpyness..So Just use the same Template as Normal But use a Deinterlace Filter, Usually "Even Field" or "Odd field" will do Fine....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Sorry about the double posting... No.40261
Sillyname  2003-12-24 15:54:02 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Either happened when I hit refresh or when I jumped back to my submission page and then forward again to the main page.

Sillyname  2003-12-24 16:02:46 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why did the other guy's post get repeated, too? Maybe it wasn't my fault?

Question - TE25 - My problem No.40259
Sillyname  2003-12-24 15:51:42 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to www.DVDHelp.us and downloaded their templates for TMPGEnc. But when I go into the NTSC DVD templates, they were set for 23.976fps and 3:2 pulldown. On the next tab over it said that the movie was to be interlaced, though they were doing a 3:2 on it.

Things looked screwed up enough in it that I'm wondering if somehow my copy of TMPGEnc may be scrambling my settings, somehow.

Does anybody know a program that is "fairly easy to use" that I might be able to compare mpeg2 movies in? ULEAD's mpeg2 encoder works fine on DVD settop, though apparently not as pretty as everybody keeps promising TMPGEnc to be.

Minion  2003-12-25 02:32:49 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Certain Templates will only work properly with certain Files, and This Template was Odviously made for a Progressive 23.976fps Source File..If your Source File is For Instance Interlaced and 29.97fps then that Frame Rate setting with the 3:2 Pulldown will Not work with this File ,You would Then Just change the Frame Rate to 29.97fps the same as your Source Files Framerate....
It is your Source File that Determines what settings you would use to Encode it to a Particular format...If you Post the Specs of your AVI file I can tell you what settings will Work in Tmpgenc...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Mr No.40254
Grahame Ross  2003-12-24 15:06:44 ( ID:ubdi0mq6xtr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have started using TMPGEnc for joining mpegs. It works but I can`t get the saved clips to run with Win Media Player automatically. The box is greyed out so how do I get Media Player to recognise this format?

ashy  2003-12-24 19:38:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mrs

Minion  2003-12-25 02:46:20 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by "The Box is Greyed Out"?? What Box?? If you mean that the File Type is not recognized by your PC or by Media Player you should Just be able to Right click the File and then go to "Properties" and were it says "Opens With" click the "Change" Button and navigate to the Media Player Icon in the List and then click "Apply" then "OK" and then when you double click the File Media Player should automaticly Play it...Media Player natively doesn"t come with a Mpeg2 decoder so it might not play any Mpeg2 files without the Proper Decoders installed, it is Best to use a software DVD Player Like WinDVD or PowerDVD to play Mpeg files with...Cheers

Grahame Ross  2003-12-25 16:52:51 ( ID:o7lfv41j/vg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info - problem is that right clicking/properties does not come up with a list of programs. If I double click the file the requester box comes up asking what program do I want to use. Clicking Media Player gets it playing but the box which says `always use this program for viewing this file` is greyed out so I can`t check the box. Every time I want to view a file generated by this joiner I must identify the program required! The files are on my hard drive not on a DVD as I don`t have a DVD player except a stand-alone one.

Minion  2003-12-26 02:48:56 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you do not need a DVD Player to Have DVD Player software..DVD Playing software Is Basicly just For Playing Mpeg files but it will also Play any other Format I actually like them better for all files than Media Player...You can also enable File types in media Player assumeing the Type of files you are talking about are .mpg files they should allready be enabled...well good luck

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.