Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 377 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Premier 6.5 setting papafox 3 2004-01-21 10:45:53
Question TE25 AVI to DVD basics bilbert 1 2004-01-20 03:40:59
Question TE25 Movie in MPG format doesn't have video stream floyd 1 2004-01-20 13:02:43
Question TDA1 Looping Motion Items Nick 1 2004-02-03 01:25:51
Question TDA1 Help with dvd burning-have mpeg file what next micki 0 2004-01-19 14:14:42
Question TE25 cpu setting Tono 1 2004-01-20 00:55:25
Question TDA1 About the AC-3 plugin stifler 3 2004-01-21 04:24:44
Question TE25 frame rate kolbi 1 2004-01-19 09:56:55
Question TE25 About "wizard" fields in template files Onkrakrikru 5 2004-01-21 10:03:04
Question TE25 Re: how to customize output dimension jilesh 5 2004-01-22 09:03:18
Question TE25 audio only SVCD w/ 32kbps mono plus stills johnells 9 2004-02-02 04:36:09
Free talk TDA1 AC-3 Plugin Repeated Activation gbohn 1 2004-02-01 22:21:30

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 377 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Premier 6.5 setting No.40672
papafox  2004-01-20 09:07:44 ( ID:v8sxgoqxvhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I exported an Adobe Premier 6.5 movie to their dv version of .avi. TMPGEnc would not work with that file, I imagine because it is DV I rather than DV II. Unfortunately, the Adobe export menu gives only one dv .avi file export choice, so I cannot easily select type II. Any suggestions?

ashy  2004-01-20 16:03:05 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just convert it to DV 2.
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp

Papafox  2004-01-21 05:02:46 ( ID:v8sxgoqxvhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converter worked like a champ. Thx!!
Papafox

B_Racer  2004-01-21 10:45:53 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also use PlugIn-Pack to stream the Video directly from Premiere to any Encoder without saving the AVI first.

Question - TE25 - AVI to DVD basics No.40670
bilbert  2004-01-20 02:56:46 ( ID:26tlxl7yom. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the TMPGEnc program able to take an AVI file from my DV camera and allow me to save it to a DVD disk that I can play on my home entertainment DVD player?

I'm not trying to do anything fancy here, just to save my edited .AVI file to some file format that will be: A: Very High Resolution, and B: Playable on my and my families home DVD players.

My first attempt with TMPGEnc took a 6GB 30 minute AVI file and after 7 HOURS of "converting" (on an XP3200+ system with 1 GB of PC3700 RAM, and a very fast 240GB RAID-0 array) gave me a nice 1.9GB file that had a ".M2V" extension. I burned that to a DVD disk and nothing seems to read this. What did I do wrong, and isn't there a simpler way to do this??

I've got 15 hours of home DV tapes I would like to put on DVD. Is TMPGEnc what I need, or are there better (simpler?) programs out there?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. - can I turn that .m2v file into something a DVD player will play?? (I've got a fancy new DVD player that will supposedly play EVERY format)

Minion  2004-01-20 03:40:59 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encodeing DV AVI files with Tmpgenc make sure that the DV Files are Type-2 DV AVI files cuz Tmpgenc doesn"t like Type 1 DV..When you encode your DV Files to DVD in Tmpgenc there should be a M2V Video file and a Wav audio file, and you Don"t just Burn these files to DVD you have to use a DVD authoring Program to add chapters and menu"s and format the audio and Video files into a Video_TS Folder that then gets Burned to DVD in DVD-Video Mode..A simple DVD authoring Program to use is "Tmpgenc DVD author" which you can download by clicking the Banner below...and when you create the Mpeg2 file from the DV AVI files useing Tmpgenc you should go into the audio settings and change the audio format to Mpeg1 Layer 2 instead of LPCM because LPCM takes up Far too much Space on the DVD....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Movie in MPG format doesn't have video stream No.40668
floyd  2004-01-20 02:22:24 ( ID:aobwlvfd5uo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two movies in mpg format which I want to joing using TMPGenc merge tool. Both movies can be played in Windows Media Player perfectly fine, but when I want to join them, TMPGenc tells me that one of them doesn't have video stream. How is that possible when I can watch it with no problem. Thanks in advance

B_Racer  2004-01-20 13:02:43 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc is more sensitive to MPEG-Streams with Errors than Media Player.

Try to remux the Videos with ProjectX or bbTools first.

Question - TDA1 - Looping Motion Items No.48971
Nick  2004-01-19 14:40:50 ( ID:opsq11dhlw. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to loop motion items - for example, having a background image + music item that loops, so that you can have ongoing music for as long as the menu page is up, or a video clip used to identify a chapter that keep looping round. At the moment, these things seem to run once, then end.

hustbaer  2004-02-03 01:25:51 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everything loops fine on my standalone-player.

did you use a hardware-player, or software?

bye,
--hustbaer

Question - TDA1 - Help with dvd burning-have mpeg file what next No.48970
micki  2004-01-19 14:14:42 ( ID:uxiiin96pvw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New to dvd burning so be gentle with your responses. Have a movie that was in avi format shrunk the file and converted to mpeg. Am i correct that you cannot burn a mpeg format and have play in stand alone dvd player? Do i need to reauthor this file using tmpgenc reauthor first? I tried to do that but kept receiving stream writing error.WHat can i do to get this mpeg file i have to playon my standalone dvd. This is themost frustrating thing i have ever tried to do. thankyou for your help

Question - TE25 - cpu setting No.40666
Tono  2004-01-19 12:01:10 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i know this has been answered before but no logical answer was found..so here goes

i have used tmpg for a while now....and have recently upgraded my system...but everytime i start tmpg....it comes up with

"CPU setting has been reset to default because cpu might be different fron last time,or new command has been supported"

any ideas

ashy  2004-01-20 00:55:25 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just delete 'TMPGEnc.ini' and 'CurrentCfg.tpr' from the TMPG folder then run TMPG.

Question - TDA1 - About the AC-3 plugin No.48966
stifler  2004-01-19 08:02:45 ( ID:4niysfrh8vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see that you finally offer a plugin for AC-3, very good!

However, some things aint clear to me...
1. The periodical activation... Do i have to pay a new fee every activation?
2. The plugin WILL encode pcm .wav files I hope?
3. Is it 100% DolbyDigital licensed?

I guess the best way to get good AC3 sound would be to choose pcm sound in TMPGenc and then let DVD Author encode the .wav sound to AC3?

Joe C. Hecht  2004-01-20 15:18:48 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question: 1. The periodical activation... Do i have to pay a new fee every activation?

Answer: I do not think so. From what I am guessing, they had to
go to great lengths to negotiate a license deal with Dolby Labs,
and that included occasional license verification. Personally
I do not know any other product that offers a certified Dolby
encoder for 29 dollars.

Question 2: The plugin WILL encode pcm .wav files I hope?

Answer: While the TMpgEnc folks are not very savy in the
documentation department, they do produce some excellent
products at an excellent price. While the docs seem indicate
that only MPEG audio will be reencoded, I just tried it,
and found that if you click the "reencode the audio using
the output format of the track" in the edit dialog box,
you can then click on the "settings" button in the track
list, and Dolby Digital will be listed in the audio encoding
options, and indeed, the file produced is encoded with the
parameters specified. I will also add that when I asked this
question directly to the TMPGEnc folks, they gave an incorrect
answer that it only used MPEG audio as a source, and that there
where no encoding options for the plugin. In short, yes, you
can use .wav, and yes, there are encoding options for setting
bitrates.

Question 3: Is it 100% DolbyDigital licensed?

Answer: The TMPGEnc folks are neither documentaion experts
nor are they marketing experts. This should be clearly
presented on the website. I have the feeling that they
are waiting for permission to use the Dolby logos on the
website. I asked this same question directly to the
TMPGEnc folks, and they answered that yes, it it is, and
yes, the product has passed Dolby Labs certification.
The plugin does sport the Dolby labs logos.

Hope that helps!

Joe

gbohn  2004-01-20 21:12:35 ( ID:xyp7scl3x8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I do not know any other product that offers a certified Dolby
>encoder for 29 dollars

The Premium between the 'base' and 'Disc Creator' versions of Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 appears to be about $50.00 (About $50.00 verses $100.00). Since the difference between the two versions is both AC-3 support, and some other features, the $50.00 difference could probably be split between part for the AC-3 and part for the other features.

So, even though it's still a $50.00 difference it probably wouldn't be too far of a stretch to attribute the AC-3 part of that total to be something close to $30.00...

As far as I can tell from their ads, Ulead 'DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator' doesn't require activation (but I haven't purchased it, so I don't know that for sure).

-Greg Bohn

Stifler  2004-01-21 04:24:44 ( ID:4niysfrh8vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Joe C. Hecht : Thanks alot for the clear answers, I might get this pugin now :)

Question - TE25 - frame rate No.40664
kolbi  2004-01-19 07:57:38 ( ID:u2m/5j.qhha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
i have divx with 23.976 fps ,and i vish to create vcd pal.
If i use a template i get not smooth playback.
Help

B_Racer  2004-01-19 09:56:55 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to convert to PAL, you have to perform a PAL-SpeedUp. TMPGEnc can do this with the Videopart. For Audio, you have to use an other Program like BeSweet or - and that's the better Choice - a good(!) WAVE-Editor.

First, extract the Audio from the Video, this can be done by using VirtualDubMod.
Open the Video in TMPGenc. Chose PAL-VCD for Output. Go to Settings -> Advanced.
Check the Option "Do not Franme rate conversion".

Encode the Video.

Do the SpeedUp to the Audio-Part (BeSweet has an Option for this but it will Pitch the Audio).

Encode the Audio-Part.

Use Simple Multiplex to put Audio and Video together.

Question - TE25 - About "wizard" fields in template files No.40658
Onkrakrikru  2004-01-19 07:23:42 ( ID:mkyoduy5rxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's possible to find here and there a lot of supplementary templates for TMpgEnc.
However, I can't find any documentation explaining how to use the various MPEG.Wizardxxx fields which appear at the beginning of each mcf file.
Generally, they are left blank.
After some tests, I managed to understand the role of some of them,
But others (MPEG.WizardSubFormatName for example) remain mysterious.
Does a documentation about this subject exist somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

Onkrakrikru

Minion  2004-01-20 03:32:54 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t need a Bunch of different suplementry Templates for Tmpgenc, well not ones downloaded off the net or whatever because you can just make your Own Templates..You can make as many different templates as you want you just have to do the settings the way you want in tmpgenc and when you have all of the settings the way you want them you just click the "Save" button on the Bottom Right corner and give the template a Name and save it to the "Templates" folder and when ever you wanted to use that template you just click the "load" button and navigate to the templates folder and choose it and that is it....Cheers

Onkrakrikru  2004-01-20 12:57:29 ( ID:zxx0bgdslsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great !

So, if anyone has clues about the usage of the "wizard" fields in the templates, my question is still pending...

Minion  2004-01-20 22:30:07 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

<So, if anyone has clues about the usage of the "wizard" fields in the templates>
What does that Mean??? What "Wizard" fields in the Templates??? Can you explain in more detail what you are talking about??? cheers

Onkrakrikru  2004-01-21 08:07:30 ( ID:jg7cphc7ugn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK :

Open any template file (extension mcf) in a text editor.
You'll see that at the beginning of the file, there are a few lines looking like MPEG.Wizardxxx = ' Something '

Using these fields, you can define the "integration" of a custom template in the wizard interface : the category it belongs, its name, its description, and so on...

That make the use of your own templates much more easy because by default, all the extra templates are gathered together in a single category named "other" regardless of their internal parameters.
Using "wizard fields", it is possible to tell TMpgEnc that a template is conceived for a VCD, a XVCD, a DVD... TMpgEnc will then display it in the relevant category of the wizard tree, and it will be easier for the user to search and find it.

But don't feel too concerned about these question now : I've made a lot of new tests since my first message and I think I've found nearly all the informations I needed.

Thanks for your friendly answers.

ashy  2004-01-21 10:03:04 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have enough advanced knowledge to know how to modify TMPG templates then surely you shouldn't even need to use the wizard?
Seeing as the wizard is aimed at novices and beginners I would have thought that you would now be able to set up TMPG without the help of the wizard.

The wizard is just slow and limiting and I myself never use it.

Question - TE25 - Re: how to customize output dimension No.40652
jilesh  2004-01-19 07:21:33 ( ID:mgzieilgqjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I tried unlock.mcf thing but i still can't encode 400 x 350 dimension avi file. when i try it, it display error like this...

The resolution of the video is illegal.
> The windows size needs to be set between 8x8 and 4088x4088.
> The width and height of window needs to be multiple of 8.

Minion  2004-01-20 03:51:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What the error is telling you is the truth.....Mpeg Video resolutions have to be divisable by 8 so you Must change it to 400+352 if you want it to work...But why are you encodeing it useing this resolution??? you can"t make a VCD or SVCD or DVD out of it and the Files size will probably be bigger than the source file and with lower Quality???

jilesh  2004-01-21 05:49:28 ( ID:kjmm7va50fa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I know that this is not vcd or svcd standerd size but I am not using it for making vcd-svcd. I am making one multimedia project in which i have to make this mpg movie, the reason to use tmpgenc is because it's encoding quality and size is good and it has very very good noise reduction filter. "mainconcept mpeg encoder" and "xing mpg encoder" is good and it supports any dimension but it's quality is horrible, that's why I liked Tmpeg encoder. thanks again.

Minion  2004-01-21 23:48:21 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually they Do NOT support Any Dimention because this is a Part of the Mpeg standard that the Resolution be divisable by 8 and if they did make a Mpeg of that resolution it would not be a Valid Mpeg file....

Minion  2004-01-21 23:50:06 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the Way you Must be doing something wrong if you are getting Bad Quality useing the "MainConcept encoder" because it"s Quality is Compareable to Tmpgenc and with 3 times the encodeing speed ,Unless you are useing an Old version But the newer version 1.4 is a Great encoder with awesome Quality....

jilesh  2004-01-22 09:03:18 ( ID:mgzieilgqjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah, I have latest version of maniconcept mpeg encoder but it hasn't noise reduction for video and it hasn't constant quality features. that's why I liked tmpgenc!

Question - TE25 - audio only SVCD w/ 32kbps mono plus stills No.40642
johnells  2004-01-19 05:19:14 ( ID:xyq6o3ujrsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if TMPGENC can create an MPG file that I can burn to an SVCD. The input will be:

32kbps mono audio (many hours of me speaking)
Many stills of pictures I took (one per audio file).

I would like to make a compliant SVCD so I will need MPEG 1 layer II audio I assume. One audio file will be about 20 minutes (it is in wav format now). And during the playback of the MP2 audio file I would like to see the still. I would also like to be able to browse the stills and hear the commentary associated with each still. I have the authoring part to figure out later. Right now I need help with the encoding the stills and audio to SVCD standard.

So far I have created a MPG file with the proper audio stream I think. The video I am not sure about. Can I just use JPGs rather than video?

I also want to cram as many files onto the CD as possible. I assume the stills will only take up 200 kb. Video versions of the stills would be significantly larger and less desirable.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions please forward them and thanks.

John

Minion  2004-01-20 03:47:05 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You basicly want to make a Photo VCD ,I suppose in theory it might be possible useing Tmpgenc But you would be better off use a program that is specificly made for makeing Photo VCD"s..Maybe something like this would be better:
http://www.nu2.nu/photovcd/

johnells  2004-01-20 18:33:57 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the software you mentioned does not allow audio. And others only allow WAV (too large bitrate). I would like the SVCD + audio option since according to the SVCD spec I can go as low as 32kbps in the audio stream (MPEG 1 Layer II). The video stream will be a black image but the minimal video stream bitrate is not puplished anywhere. They just state "up to 2500kbps". Does that mean I can create a video stream in TMPGENC with a videobitrate of 1kbps?

I have created photoVCD's before with just stills. With this project the audio and video stream specificationss are making if not so straight forward. But I think the long way is the only way at this point.

Le me move on to another related question then? How can I easily create a blank video stream that matches (in length) the audio stream in TMPGENC?

John

Minion  2004-01-20 22:35:29 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t do any of this with Tmpgenc...What you would need to do is basicly get a Good Video editing Program and use your Images and Place them on the Timeline and sync them up with the audio track you are useing and once the Project looks the way you like on the Timeline you would render the Project as an AVI file and then you can encode it to SVCD with Tmpgenc...There is No way to Arrange Pictures so they Play for a certain amount of time and to sync them up with the audio in Tmpgenc......

johnells  2004-01-21 03:33:01 ( ID:xyq6o3ujrsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help. I have come to the same conclusion myself. One benefit of all this tinkering is that I have become quite good at rendering compliant SVCD's.

Cheerio,
John

ashy  2004-01-21 10:14:52 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Le me move on to another related question then? How can I easily create a blank video stream that matches (in length) the audio stream in TMPGENC?

This is possible with TMPG.

Simply load your audio into the Audio field, but make sure the Video field is clear.
Select a low bitrate or even 0 kb/s will do and any another settings you require.
Select stream type - 'System (Video+Audio)' and encode.

johnells  2004-01-21 15:44:15 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ASHY! I am doing that as I speak. I will let the group know later. I am testing to see how low I can go before my DVD player rejects the bitrate.

John

johnells  2004-01-21 16:32:44 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it worked! Sort of. But the file ended up being 27 MB for 22 minutes of audio. I have not tried it in a stand alone player yet but WMP plays it with a 3x3 matrix of pixels fluttering around like a butterfly. Maybe that is WMP doing that since the video source was left empty.

FYI: The audio was encoded as MPEG 1 layer II, mono, 32kbps, 44100Hz. The video was set to 1 kbps. Looks like TMPGENC is overriding my video settings and using something in the order of 150kbps for the blank video. Maybe padding?

John

ashy  2004-01-21 22:07:58 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You shouldn't be seeing this effect in mediaplayer. This is being caused by something else not the bitrate.
Even at 0 kb/s it should play fine in media player.

Make sure before you encode that the under the 'system' tab you set the stream type to 'MPEG1 system(automatic)' or if you intend to play it on a DVD player 'MPEG 1 VCD(non standard)'.

Also depending on your DVD player it may require you to use a bitrate of at least 300kb/s or in some cases some have problems with any less than the standard bitarate.

Kisoo Lim  2004-02-02 04:36:09 ( ID:39poc4i/2nl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may have to use window movie maker or premiere to add those still pictures on desired timeline and then frame serve it to Tmpgenc to encode it into SVCD with still pictures and audios.

Free talk - TDA1 - AC-3 Plugin Repeated Activation No.48964
gbohn  2004-01-18 21:32:15 ( ID:d/gn6agkplg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was contemplating ordering the AC-3 Plug-in when I saw that it requires not just one Activation, but apparently repeated activation.

Looking at the Pegasys website it mentions things such as 'When the expiration date is near, if you haven't chosen [Update License automatically from next time], you will need to update the license validation file manually.
A period is set, while you can update your License even after the expiration. -But after that period, you will have to do the verification procedure from the start.'.

So, not only do you have to 'activate' the plug-in at install time, but you have to keep re-activating it on a periodic basis.

I don't enjoy the prospect of having to turn off my firewall periodically to allow the software to 'phone home' and commune with its server (sending who knows what information in addition to your email and Name that they already mention...).

I'm sorry, but this goes too far for me, and I am not planning on buying the AC-3 plugin as a result.

I bought TmpGenc, and DVD Author, but I think this goes too far. I resent the whole activation attitude of:

*) We all must be crooks.

*) You have to do the 'Mother may I' act (repeatedly in this case) to
beg to continue to use the software you've already payed to use.

and last but not least

*) In my experience, something ALWAYS goes wrong eventually that prevents you from using your software (in a 'legal' manner of course). Whether it's dongles (had problems with those), or Activation bugs/'features' (had those), it always makes life hard for the legitimate user, and usually has negligible effect on 'real' pirates... I've got to believe they either already have a crack for this, or are working on one.

I'm certainly not trying to condone software piracy in any way, shape or form, but the rising tide of 'Activation' garbage just rubs me the wrong way.

-Greg Bohn

sorinv  2004-02-01 22:21:30 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have bought the AC3 plugin and I am very annoyed by this continuous verification and need to be on line (or the AC3 plugin is not active).
I have officially complained to support. I have bought TMPGEnc Plus, DVD Author and the AC3 plugin and I feel I got trapped with this AC3 plugin. I have also Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 with the AC3 plugin and Nero with another AC3 plugin and none of them is bothering me with this relentless on line license check.

Sorry TMPG you are going too far..

Sorin (a Customer)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.