Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 381 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 sound out of synch conrad 1 2004-01-12 21:22:12
Question TE25 audio out of sink.......... nycemsmedic 0 2004-01-11 23:47:18
Question TE25 very very bubbly audio (just squeeks really) svcd Johnathon Wright 4 2004-01-12 20:35:24
Question TE25 Creating a SVCD with TMPGEnc Plus, but getting no sound Canadian Bandit 3 2004-01-12 07:21:18
Question TE25 won't load my .vdr(2) iepie 6 2004-01-13 17:53:24
Question TE25 won't load my .vdr iepie 0 2004-01-11 21:24:22
Question TE25 Mr Mark 3 2004-01-12 00:33:02
Question TE25 5.1 Audio Encoding wilkinp4 9 2004-01-14 20:56:33
Question TE25 New version not compatible with Win2000? Whatever_you _want 4 2004-01-12 23:25:55
Question TDA1 TMPGEnc DVD Author Remote Control Issue jackal 1 2004-01-13 03:28:55
Question TE25 TMPGEnc keeps freezing dsantamassino 1 2004-01-12 00:39:21
Question TE25 Audio Problem. "File can not open, or unsupported". Discrepancy 7 2004-01-13 04:51:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 381 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - sound out of synch No.40545
conrad  2004-01-12 15:16:36 ( ID:v9lfxnkmcwk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just tried to convert piglets big movie avi. When playing the avi file in media player the sound is fine. But after ripping the audio to a wav file in virtualdub and converting to mpg in tmpgenc the audio goes out of synch by about 1/2 second over the length of the movie. ??? any fixes welcome thx

ashy  2004-01-12 21:22:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try installing the AC3ACM decompressor. Then let TMPG decode the audio in the AVI instead of creating a WAV.

Question - TE25 - audio out of sink.......... No.40544
nycemsmedic  2004-01-11 23:47:18 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey all, ok i just converted avi to mpeg, 4:3 525 line ntsc,non interlace, mpeg setting on high quality,and when im finished the audio goes outta wack. the mouthes move, but there is a delay in audio. im 99.9% sure that the origanal source was good, but of course i delited it..............DOH!!! any suggestions? thanks t t f n

Question - TE25 - very very bubbly audio (just squeeks really) svcd No.40539
Johnathon Wright  2004-01-11 22:59:48 ( ID:d9hdnlxqfxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry but this may not be anything to do with tmpgenc at all, but when I encode using an SVCD format and try to play the audio back in windows all I get is bubbly squeeks (yum) for sound. When I play on a dvd player the sound is fine.
I looked at the audio settings for VCD and SVCD templates and they are both 224kbps mpeg 1 layer II but my VCD files play fine (sound is fine) on my computer and the DVD player.

Has anyone any idea whats going on?, if this is anything to do with tmpgenc encoding or not ? like I say it only happens when the audio is packaged with a mpeg 2 video stream so I dont know where to look...

Thanks in advance.
Jon.

ashy  2004-01-11 23:55:25 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you using to play the SVCD?

Jon  2004-01-12 00:17:20 ( ID:d9hdnlxqfxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well I tried a couple of things ... mediaplayer 6, my ATI fileplayer and something called EO Video.. all the same :(
Jon

Jon  2004-01-12 00:20:43 ( ID:d9hdnlxqfxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

... Im using those players to play the mpg file that tmpgenc produces ..

ashy  2004-01-12 20:35:24 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a real MPEG2 player like WinDVD or PowerDVD. Mediaplayer is crap for SVCD.
How's the picture when playing, OK?
What speed of CDROM drive do you have?

Question - TE25 - Creating a SVCD with TMPGEnc Plus, but getting no sound No.40535
Canadian Bandit  2004-01-11 21:54:14 ( ID:xcjanzkjrdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone help me?... i downloaded and MPEG and i managed to make three disks with nero and they work fine.. but the 4th one in nero says that its an unsupported format which puzzles me cause i downloaded 2 parts and split them with easy vido splitter. So i decided to encode it with TMPGEnc Plus.. the video is fine but the sound from the file doesn't seem to encode at all, am i doing something wrong or am i missing something........HELP PLEASE

Minion  2004-01-12 00:31:47 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc doesn"t Like Some compressed audio formats so you will have to extract the audio from the AVI file and decompress it to Wav format and then use the wav file as the audio Source in tmpgenc....

Canadian Bandit  2004-01-12 00:37:07 ( ID:xcjanzkjrdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well im not really to familar on how to extract it.. is there something built in?. and i was also wondering how i can make these files smaller so i don't have to use 3 or for disks

thanks

Setsunaaa  2004-01-12 07:21:18 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

with virtualdub.
load it there, and then file -> Save WAV.
You could also demux with tmpgenc and try using winamp or scmpx to create the .wav.

http://www.din.or.jp/~ch3/index_e.html
http://virtualdub.org

Setsunaaa

Question - TE25 - won't load my .vdr(2) No.40528
iepie  2004-01-11 21:28:26 ( ID:kez4z0phqmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am sorry I made a little mistake before but I also have a problem. TMPGEnc worked fine before but after having a lot of problems with the computer I had to reinstall xp again to start from scratch,everything works great agin accept for TMPGEnc, everytime I try to load my .vdr in the video source it says TMPGEnc has encountered a problem and needs to close,when I look in the technical report I see something about a ole32.dll, I think that is the problem but I am not sure, any help would be appriciated to solve my problem.

ashy  2004-01-11 23:54:09 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are trying to load a Virtualdub frame server file.
Have installed the frame server handler first?

iepie  2004-01-12 07:51:18 ( ID:znryvfwmefa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just tried that in auxset(install handler-handler succesfully installed) but I still get the error message.

ashy  2004-01-12 21:06:52 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's a test to see if the frame server is installed correctly:
Create a .vdr file with Virtualdub then open another instance of Virtualdub.
Try and load the .vdr into Virtualdub. If it loads OK the frame server is working fine, so it must be a TMPG problem.

If that is the case then raise the 'AVI VFW file reader to' 2 and the 'Directshow reader to 1' or disable it altogether.

If it still doesn't load then download the AVSreader for TMPG.
http://ms2.hyps.tp.edu.tw/~hy147/zip/tmpgenc-readavs.zip

iepie  2004-01-13 07:45:28 ( ID:mwt/78ww49m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, thank you for trying to help me I am so confused I don't understand what you mean by open another substance of virtdub,so I cannot test if the handler is working correctly, I did try to raise the two options you said but I cannot change them to another value and if I disable them then it says cannot open or unsupported, the last thing I did was to dl the thing you said but I have no idea what to do with it and how to install it, I don't understand it anyway because TMPGEnc always worked super but after "fooling' around a bit it just won't work anymore, I did a complete system recovery hoping that would solve the problem, but it didn,t, hope you can help me with this issue.

iepie  2004-01-13 08:11:06 ( ID:mwt/78ww49m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And can you tell me if I need special codecs, now I use the k-lite codecs pack but I am not sure if I also need avi and/or mpeg2 - 4 codecs.

ashy  2004-01-13 17:53:24 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>hi, thank you for trying to help me I am so confused I don't understand what you mean by open another substance of virtdub

I never said substance, I said instance.
Which means open another copy of Virtualdub. I can see I'm gonna have to do this step by step with you...

Ok. Start Virtualdub and create your .vdr file by starting the frame server.
Now start Virtualdub again (don't close down the frame server). Try and load the .vdr into Virtualdub.

If it loads the frame server is working fine. If not there is your problem.

If it does load follow my instructions as already said and change the priority of the 'Directshow reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 1 or disable it and change the priority of the 'AVI VFW reader' to 2.

>I did try to raise the two options you said but I cannot change them to another value and if I disable them then it says cannot open or unsupported
It is NOT disabled.

To do this you must right click on the name and then select the required option from the menu.

I shouldn't have to tell you how to install the AVSreader, the instructions are with the file and are easy to understand.

One question:
Why are you trying to load a .vdr file into TMPG anyway, what are you attempting to do?

Question - TE25 - won't load my .vdr No.40527
iepie  2004-01-11 21:24:22 ( ID:kez4z0phqmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ksp

Question - TE25 - Mr No.40523
Mark  2004-01-11 08:16:26 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert AVI files from my digital still camera (CANON Powershot A70) to MPEG 1 files but I get the following error: "Cannot open or unsupported". The AVI files are 15 fps and resolution is 640 x 480 with mono sound. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

wilkinp4  2004-01-11 08:43:10 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try moving the VFAPI setting for images to the top of the list, and of course, make sure it has a tick in the box!

ashy  2004-01-11 13:20:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Images?
It's an AVI.
You either need the codec your camera is using to decode the AVI and/or you need to raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2.
If your AVI is DV then try raising the AVI2(openDML) reader to 2 instead.

Jon  2004-01-12 00:33:02 ( ID:d9hdnlxqfxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just wanted to mention that my digital camera creates MJPEG (motion jpeg) encoded avi files, so youll need to get a codec for that if you dont already have it .. if you can play the avi file in media player then you shoule always be able to use tmpgenc to encode by moving the direcshow media file reader to a higer priority than the other file readers.
Jon

Question - TE25 - 5.1 Audio Encoding No.40513
wilkinp4  2004-01-11 07:59:10 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some AVI files which sound the frequency as 48000, which I believe is Dolby 5.1, how do I get TMPGEnc to encode these to VCD? I have the AC3 audio filter, and I can watch the files fine on the PC as AVIs. TMP leaves teh audio box blank on the wizard when I load the file.

I have tried Vdub as well, to rip the sound out to wav, but with limited success.

Any ideas?

an-anonymous-doner  2004-01-11 08:04:06 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com and get VirtualDubMod to demux the audio stream. If it's an AC3 audio stream, get Ciler's AC3 tool (also available @ dvdrhelp.com) to convert the AC3 stream to WAV. You can then use the WAV file as the audio source.

wilkinp4  2004-01-11 08:46:50 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay, thanks. I'll see how I go on!

ashy  2004-01-11 13:22:53 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download and install the AC3ACM decompressor.
TMPG will then be able to decode your audio.

wilkinp4  2004-01-13 11:35:37 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll try it.

wilkinp4  2004-01-13 12:35:39 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive installed the AC3ACM decompressor, now when I open the AVI file to encode TPMGenc is telling me the file is unsupported!

I was getting this before, so I installed FFDshow, which let me encode the avi files again. Should I reinstall this? Or is the AC3ACM included in FFDshow?

Help!

ashy  2004-01-13 17:57:09 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, FFDSHOW is a Video decoder not and audio decoder.
Install both and you should be fine.

ashy  2004-01-13 17:58:22 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>No, FFDSHOW is a Video decoder not and audio decoder.

Sorry the above should read:

No, FFDSHOW is a Video decoder not an audio decoder.

wilkinp4  2004-01-14 12:48:30 ( ID:2khcmwu9qrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy, its excepting the files now, just the mpeg filesize is massive. Its encoding the movie then the sound, making the size twice as big as it should be. Direct show is already set to 2 in VFAPI settings. Ive come across this before but forgot what I did!

ashy  2004-01-14 20:56:33 ( ID:raglol2cjok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean it's encoding the movie then the sound?

I think you are mistaken. TMPG encodes both at the same time.
What you may be experincing is TMPG encoding blank data at the end of the movie the same length as the actual movie.

You have 2 options if this is the case.
1. Simply cut it away with the Merge&Cut tool in TMPG MPEGtools
2. Use the source range function and set the start and end points of the encode.

Question - TE25 - New version not compatible with Win2000? No.40508
Whatever_you _want  2004-01-11 07:21:27 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, so I installed the latest version, and now I've got error messages out the ass. What the hell? It won't even open an AVI to encode to VCD 1.1 over half the time. I went to an OLD copy of TMPGEnc because I couldn't find where I'd saved the one I was using before I installed this latest copy. No good. It doesn't seem to be compatible with VCD 1.1, which is what I use because my DVD player seems to like it, and play it back with very good quality. (For those of you who are going to think you know more than I do about the settings, I set video for NTSC 29.97 fps at a resolution of 352x240, and the audio to MPEG 1 Layer 2 224kps. In other words, to VCD 1.1) So... I delete all the stuff from the older version, reinstall the newer version into the TMPGEnc folder, and OCCASIONALLY it will work. Win2K is nothing but Windows NT 5.0, and XP is 5.1, so if anyone else has been locked into this particular corner of hell, and has a solution, please reply to this.
For those of you who want to know, the normal error messages are either write errors to ntdll.dll, or write errors to TMPGEnc.exe. Thing's driving me bonkers. HELP!!!

ashy  2004-01-11 13:29:13 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>So... I delete all the stuff from the older version, reinstall the newer version into the TMPGEnc folder

What do you mean you by this?
You should have completely deleted the whole folder before attemptimg to install the new version.

Also a bit more info wouldn't go amiss.
Like what sort of source are you using and where did you get them?
What sort of CPU do you have...AMD..P4 which?

Whatever_you_want  2004-01-12 04:34:11 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, computer specs:
AMD Athlon XP2400+ (2.0ghz) processor
768mb of ddr2100 ram
Soyo Dragon KT333 Ultra motherboard
128mb GeForce4 video card

Source files:
AVI's I created from dvd-rips.
Sound: LAME mp3 codec 44,100hz @ 224kps, stereo
Video: XviD codec 1050kps, 1 pass CBR or DivX codec 1050kps, 1 pass CBR
Source files created with FlaskMPEG
Original rip to hard drive using Smartripper
Split on keyframes using VirtualDub

I've been backing my DVD's up this way for about a year now, and it worked just fine until I installed the latest version of TMPGEnc. Anyone have any ideas?

ashy  2004-01-12 21:19:01 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly try this.
Download and install FFDSHOW. Configure it to decode all MPEG4 AVI's including your XVID.

If that doesn't work on ot's own then goto Options>enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins and raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2

Secondly I'm a bit worried about the process you are using to create your DVD backups.

You do realise what you are doing is a waste of time and quality. Nobody uses the FlaskMPEG method anymore.

You don't need to create an intermediate AVI. This will just prolonge the process and definitely degrade the quality of the final output.

You should be using the DVD2AVI method of creating DVD backups.
Simply install DVD2AVI and run it then load your VOBS ripped from the DVD into it and select File>Save project.

DVD2AVI will create 2 files. A .d2v and a .wav
Now just load the .d2v as the video and the .wav as the audio into TMPG and encode.

This method simply creates a direct link between TMPG and the VOBS and is by far the best and fastest method there is.

Whatever_you_want  2004-01-12 23:25:55 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Time's never been an issue. I usually set it to do whatever conversion I want, and then head out the door. I use FlaskMPEG because it's what I've always used, and am comfortable with it. The only other DVD2... tool I've used was DVDx, and it's proven itself inferior to FlaskMPEG. I'm willing to give DVD2AVI a chance though, and have downloaded it. As for quality, it may not be DVD quality anymore, but I don't have to worry about my nephews scratching up my DVD's this way. :-)
One more question. The newest version of TMPGEnc will split the files for me? And, if so, where is this setting that gets it to do it? Mine always tells me that I've selected too much data for the selected destination (80 minute CD).
I appreciate the help Ashy, and will post again within the next day or so to let you know how things have worked out.

Question - TDA1 - TMPGEnc DVD Author Remote Control Issue No.48941
jackal  2004-01-11 06:22:01 ( ID:5/ejriwu/ca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Posted this on the dvdrhelp.com dvd author forum but got no responses. Thought I'd try it here:

I've been using TDA for a week or so and have a question about title and track menus and remote controls.

What I wanted to accomplish was making a dvd of my son's 3 dvd videos and to have a simple menu. I wanted the dvd to start up automatically and loop at the end and for the menu to appear if I pressed the menu button on my remote - profound I know.

I used dvdshrink to rip the movies separately and made 3 tracks in TDA. In menu options I chose Main Menu Only and for the tracks to play on startup and for them to loop. I burned it to disk and tried it out on my 4 dvd players.

Everything played ok but nothing happened when pressing the menu button on my remotes. On two remotes pressing Title would display the menu, one pressing Top Menu would display the menu, and my fourth and newest dvd/vhs combo wouldn't display it at all - no title or top menu buttons.

So I made a new dvd choosing automatic with the same play options and hitting the menu button would now display the Track Menu with the same thing as above happening when attempting to get to the main menu.

My awe-inspiring intellect quickly concluded that the Title button only works with the main menu and the Menu button only works with the track menu. I also wondered why my new dvd player didn't have a title button. Stupid new dvd player.

Just for fun I made a test dvd with roxio dvd builder with only a main menu and 3 tracks and when pressing menu OR title/top menu the Main Menu displays. Go figure.

So how do I get TDA to do the same thing? Going into this I natively thought hitting menu would open the menu. Is there something I'm not understanding? Thanks.

hustbaer  2004-01-13 03:28:55 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well.
there are several different menus on DVDs.
-> title, root, subtitle, audio, angle and chapter.

most dvd-players can only access the title and the root menu directly via the remote.
seems like TDA just assigns a command to the "title"-menu, not "root".

something like that :)

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc keeps freezing No.40506
dsantamassino  2004-01-10 17:39:10 ( ID:u9niweqxylg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone,

I'm using TMPGEnc and the project wizard keeps freezing on me when i load a SVCD. I also tried to load it without the project wizard. I even have PowerDVD installed as a external codec and the VFAPI Cyberlink is set for 0. I made the SVCD with TMPGEnc. I also got the newer version of the program from tmpgenc.net. Does anyone know why it's freezing on me?? Please reply back as soon as possible. Thanx guys..

Minion  2004-01-12 00:39:21 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those Decoders do not work very well that is why the disconued active support for those Decoders and Now use a Built in one that comes when you buy the Plus version...I found the best and easiest method for encodeing Mpeg2 files as the source file is to Use DVD2AVI to Frameserve the Mpeg2 Video to Tmpgenc ,It is faster than other Mpeg2 decoders and this way you only encode the Video because re-encodeing the audio will just degrade the audio Quality and the SVCD Audio is allready VCD ,SVCD, and DVD Compliant....

Question - TE25 - Audio Problem. "File can not open, or unsupported". No.40498
Discrepancy  2004-01-10 13:34:01 ( ID:zwskygmtpfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.

I was trying to load up an .AVI file (Using the NTSC Film template, which I believe to be correct based on the FPS of the .AVI), and I loaded it into video just fine.

When I tried to load the .AVI file into the Audio bar, it said:

"File [Address To File On My PC] can not open, or unsupported."

I then tried to use another .AVI, and the same thing happened.

Both of them use the AC3 Codec for audio purposes.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

mickyjuice  2004-01-10 14:52:06 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you come across a problem with tmpgenc, it has most probably has been covered on previous post, so to save urself time in the future try searching first.

mickyjuice  2004-01-10 15:00:27 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

but in answer to ur question in short: U NEED CODECS

if your not sure what video and audio codecs you need for any avi, d/l a program called 'g-spot codec information', it will tell you exactly what codecs you need to be able play and encode the avi

mickyjuice  2004-01-10 15:36:51 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(slaps self)
sorry didnt read ur post properly, yes im blind =p

you need an ac3 decompressor

never mind my last posts if video loads up ok then it aint a codec issue

mickyjuice  2004-01-10 15:48:25 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tmpgenc doesnt support ac3 (not that im aware of), so you must convert the ac3 audio to wav so tmpgenc can recognise it

i think (dont hold me to this) that vitualdub may be able to do this

an-anonymous-doner  2004-01-11 08:01:17 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get VirtualDubMod. Demux the audio stream with vdubmod. Re-encode the AC3 stream to WAV using Ciler's AC3 Tool. You can get VirtualDubMod, and Ciler's AC3 Tool @ http://www.dvdrhelp.com.
Good luck.

ashy  2004-01-11 13:33:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will decode Ac3 in AVI if you install the AC3ACM decompressor.
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

mickyjuice  2004-01-13 04:51:20 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(slaps self again) =p

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.