Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 385 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TDA1 Support Multiple Audio tracks for VOB import Dave 1 2004-01-07 14:11:10
Question TDA1 audio problem Gerard van Groningen 2 2004-03-05 14:54:22
Question TE25 TMPG source range nicoid 1 2004-01-03 23:09:08
Free talk TE25 fixed my unexpected closinf of tmpg problem mac 0 2004-01-03 07:46:14
Question TE25 How to download older versions flyingfish 1 2004-01-03 11:10:07
Question TDA1 HighLight With PhotoShop doesn't work correct FutureCow 2 2004-02-20 15:31:28
Request TDA1 Three missing features that would prevent me from purchasing Zeron 4 2004-01-12 22:41:52
Request TE25 Time facility request ashy 0 2004-01-02 19:48:38
Free talk TE25 NTSC Capture Victory 3 2004-01-02 17:59:08
Question TE25 No audio ........ nycemsmedic 6 2004-01-02 16:58:02
Question TDA1 Initial Introduction Page DrDVD 1 2003-12-31 13:27:55
Question TE25 avi timestamp help needed BabaG 2 2003-12-31 08:04:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 385 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TDA1 - Support Multiple Audio tracks for VOB import No.48932
Dave  2004-01-04 01:11:16 ( ID:llxminj65ck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I was wondering if there are any plans for supporting VOBs with more than 1 audio track. I tried importing a VOB off my HDD that contained 3 audio tracks (1 main English track, and 2 commentary tracks) and your software only supports 1.
I don't think any other product has this feature. You could be the first!
I think it would make TMPGEnc DVD Authoring an even more valuable product.

Dave.

B_Racer  2004-01-07 14:11:10 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any professional (and expensive!) Auhtoring-Tool is able to do that. An ohter Tool ist DVDLab, but only 2 Audio-Tracks and only be using IFOEdit and some Tricks in assistance.

Question - TDA1 - audio problem No.48929
Gerard van Groningen  2004-01-03 20:11:32 ( ID:6knl6lt55uc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Created 2 Video_ts files with DVD-Shrink (ver 3.0) -about 1.9 GB each-
When I burn one of them with Nero everything is o.k(also the orther)
When I use TMPGenc author and add the two files (with import DVD video ),the files are imported, but the audio is missing.

What I am doing rong??

Thanks

CaesarKent  2004-01-04 11:01:34 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it show the audio settings information in the "Add Clip" window after you add the DVD Video? Perhaps the audio isn't being recognized by DVD Author for one reason or another?

bmt0  2004-03-05 14:54:22 ( ID:v7t0cxmj8ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe this is the solution of audio missing!

http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/30640-1.html

Question - TE25 - TMPG source range No.40379
nicoid  2004-01-03 19:50:25 ( ID:xifa9jrdwnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do i use source range to split a movie in half. my video mpeg is too big and needs to be burned on to two disks, how do i do that?

Minion  2004-01-03 23:09:08 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is so easy I"m surprised anyone would Post such a Question..You go into the Source Range settings and you moove the Slider to the Beginning of were you want to start encodeing and Press the "Set Start Frame" Button, then Moove the slider to the end of were you want to encode and click the "Set End Frame" Button, and that is it, when it has finnished encode the First Part to do the same but for the second part...But if you allready have a Mpeg file and you Just want to Cut in Half Then you DONT use the Source Range, you use the "Merge & Cut" which you will Find if you go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut" and here is were you can cut your File in Pieces useing the same Basic Steps you would use in the Source Range.....

Free talk - TE25 - fixed my unexpected closinf of tmpg problem No.40378
mac  2004-01-03 07:46:14 ( ID:mh2emrlcmco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had this problem where I load an avi that was captured in dv-avi format and then would go to edit source range and clip frame. When I was done editing in either one and I click on okay tmpg would close. I found out that tmpg doesn't like dv-avi type one files. A little research got me a dv converter to convert dv-avi type 1 to type 2 and tmpg excepts these files.

Question - TE25 - How to download older versions No.40376
flyingfish  2004-01-03 05:08:35 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I find older versions of tmpgenc, for
example 2.512.52.161. I have a problem with read
error near the end of a DVD encoding and I want
to use the older version to check if the same
error appears there.

ashy  2004-01-03 11:10:07 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

google

Question - TDA1 - HighLight With PhotoShop doesn't work correct No.48926
FutureCow  2004-01-03 02:25:21 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if made an image with a HighLight layer in Photoshop. I add this picture to my DVD-Menu. and after creating the menu and i don't select the button it is normal, but when i select the button it is not the Exactly the highlight that i have created.
[img]http://members.tripodnet.nl/FutureCow/wrong.JPG[/img]
the above image is the image i have created (the stripe is the Highlight, and is not vissible on the normal image) and the other image is the image on my DVD-Menu. How can i fix this?

hustbaer  2004-01-13 02:40:55 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi!

highlights dont work that way in TDA.
and they dont work that way in any authoring app i know.

what you can do in TDA is, make a Photoshop file with a layer called "highlight".
every pixel in this "highlight" layer that is not 100% transparent will get highlighted by TDA - unfortunately with its standard unchangeable highlight-color -- which is yello (as you might have guessed :-)

the think yellow line comes from pixels which are probably some 98 or 99% transparent, but not 100% - so TDA counts them as highlight.

to make a nice straight line for your highlight:
-> load the psd up in photoshop
-> select the highlight layer
-> select the area above the line using the rectangular selection tool
-> hit "DEL" on your keyboard
-> repeat for the areas below, at the left and at the right of your image
-> save the PSD file again

re-open TDA, edit menu, reload the PST -> done.
however i have not found a way to change the annerving yellow to some other color :(

if you find a way, please let me know...

Borax  2004-02-20 15:31:28 ( ID:lhftqaoa9cm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can do so quite simple with a hexeditor. (You may also use vobedit where a hexeditor is included). A very interesting text on topics like this can be found here: http://home.mn.rr.com/dvdmaster/AdvancedDVD.pdf

To change the annerving yellow lets say to blue just load the file containing the menu (i.e. Vts_XX_0.vob) into a hexeditor and change the bytes 0xA3 and 0xA4 from 44 44 to another value like 33 33 for blue, 22 22 for green or 11 11 for orange.
Example:
1. "Normal" HighLight color yellow
[img]http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/TDA_Menu1.png[/img]
2. HighLight color set to blue:
[img]http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/TDA_Menu2.png[/img]
results in
[img]http://www.boraxsoft.de/other/DATA2-0.jpg[/img]
("Chapter #1" is selected)
The change applies to all buttons in this menu. If you want to change the HighLight color for different buttons to diffenent colors, some more bytes have to be changed. Have a look the the above mentioned article.

Request - TDA1 - Three missing features that would prevent me from purchasing No.48921
Zeron  2004-01-02 20:51:46 ( ID:wwqd9hilsur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are three features missing that would prevent me from purchasing this product:

1. First Play Video
The ability to have a track play before the first menu, but NOT show up in the Title or Track menu's

2. Ability to remove the Play all button.
I don't need a play all button on any of my menus, just the abiliy to select tracks

3. Ability to add arbitrary images or text in the menu editor.
I would lkike to be able to add images (with alpha) and extra text anywhere on the menu.

Are any of these features planned for future releases?

B_Racer  2004-01-07 14:09:09 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. That's no Problem, TMPGEnc DVD Author can handle this.

2. Hm, no Chance (by now)

3. Create a Picture with the Text by using PhotoShop or any other Picture Editor and use it as a Background.

4. Don't ask me..., i'm just a Guy who helps other people ;)

CaesarKent  2004-01-07 16:38:16 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you tell how Number 1 can be accomplished? With everything I've tried, the first track still gets its own track menu.

Trevor_S  2004-01-11 04:23:01 ( ID:r7s8eflde8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2. Ability to remove the Play all button.

All I do is shrink it as small as possibel and oout it down in the bottom LHS in the overscan area, not a solution but a rough workaround, you shoudl be able to delete that button !. Like you I often have the first chapter set as a "Play Feature"

3. Ability to add arbitrary images or text in the menu editor.

I do this with Photoshop, if I want music as well, I drag the resultant image into Adobe Premier, tell it change the duration to 30 secs, add a music background and crate an M2P from there. Using Preimer also allows me to use motion settings on logos etc and fly or scroll images or text onto the screen background. I would prefer to do it this way then try and have DVD Author do it,

Zeron  2004-01-12 22:41:52 ( ID:wwqd9hilsur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hiding the button really instal a solution. It is still selected (just can't be seen) when the menu is displayed, and the used has to press the correct direction (up or down depending on where you hid it) to get to the entries on the menu.

The ability to delete this button should be an easy feature for the programmers of TDA to add.

Request - TE25 - Time facility request No.40375
ashy  2004-01-02 19:48:38 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is for the moderator or admin or whoever happens to drop by this site every now and then to maintain it.

I would like to request that some sort of reference time is placed somewhere in this BBS.

All posts seem to be referenced by the time where the TMPG BBS server is located not local time. It is therefore difficult to establish what time a post has actually been placed from your local timezone.
It would help if there was a reference time at the top of this page thus allowing users from other timezones to establish the actual time of the post in local time.

Adding this sort of function to a webpage is quite easy and I would be grateful for co-operation in this matter.

In all the time I have used this BBS I have never seen this site reviewed for improvments except when Pegasys took over distribution of TMPG and made certain aspects of this site worse.

Free talk - TE25 - NTSC Capture No.40371
Victory  2004-01-02 14:06:45 ( ID:2agooyoprfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use a SONY Digital8 camcorder to record NTSC video off my DirecTV TIVO system. I capture and edit the material in Adobe Premiere. I than use TMPGEnc to encode the material to DVD format.

It seems that whether I use field order A or B, I get what look like interlacing effects. I than tried IVTC which seemed to take care of the problem. I than imported the IVTC MPEG-2 in DVD-Lab, only to be prompted that it needed 2:3 pulldown. I than re-encoded the material in TMPGEnc with IVTC selected (this defaults the frame rate field to 23.976)and selected 3:2 pulldown when playback (this added the information "internally 29.97fps" to the frame rate field description. The result is accepted in DVD-Lab.

Is this an OK way to go? Is IVTC really the right way to go if I'm not sure the material was FILM to begin with? Why did IVTC seem to take care of the problem? What does the 3:2 pulldown really do?

ashy  2004-01-02 16:03:38 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know how the Tivo acheives NTSC frame rates, but it does look like it uses 2:3 pulldown if you don't see any jerkyness in the output file TMPG creates.

Once you have used IVTC the file is no longer NTSC DVD compliant. You are dealing with a file which has progressive frames at 23.976. As you have correctly discovered you need to re-apply the pulldown when encoding.
You have several options of doing this.
1. Let TMPG do it when encoding.
2. Use pulldown.exe
3. Let DVDlab do it.

Either way it should result in a 29.97 fps MPEG.

If you need to know more about pulldown then I suggest you look it up on google.
It's a complicated subject and would take too long for me explain here, however if you search this BBS you will find some of my explanations of pulldown in earlier posts.

Victory  2004-01-02 16:43:36 ( ID:2agooyoprfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the reply. It does lead me to another question/observation.

For another project using DVD2AVI, I have the option of choosing Forced Film if the VOB is in progressive format. This results in a frame rate of 23.976fps. When encoding this data to DVD format in TMPGEnc, the frame rate is set at 23.976fps(internally 29.97fps).

So what I am doing in my Tivo project is essentially the same, except that I'm performing an additional IVTC step necessary to get rid of my interlacing troubles? It seems I'm taking the 29.97 fps video, making it 23.976fps, and converting it back to 29.97 again? Is the encoded DVD compliant video really 23.976fps or 29.97fps?

ashy  2004-01-02 17:59:08 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your TIVO is adding pulldown to the files it creates. This is the correct way to create a compliant NTSC DVD and also saves space because of the reduced anount of frames.

When trying to encode this file in TMPG you will experience artifacts as you will see the effect of the pulldown where the extra fields have been added resulting in interlacing artifacts.

Generally you could just encode this file to 29.97 fps without IVTC as long as you encode it as interlaced. The artifacts are only visible on a progressive display while on an interlaced display such as your TV you won't see the field displacment that pulldown causes and hence no interlacing artifacts.

Having said this though it is always adviisable to IVTC a file with pulldown to return it to it's original progressive format to maintain quality and save on file size.
You have 2 options for this. Either use IVTC in TMPG or use the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI.
The DVD2AVI option is much prefered as it generally produces better results.

You can then re-apply the pulldown as previously stated in my last post.

Question - TE25 - No audio ........ No.40364
nycemsmedic  2004-01-01 05:45:41 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, i am having audio problems.... im converting .avi(715mb) to.mpg(2gigs), and when im done converting the video is perfect!, but no audio. Now i understand that garbage in will reap garbage out, but the avi file is really good quiality. i play it as avi and everything is fine, only whenn i convert it itdrops the audio. i convert as vcd ntsc,cbr standard format, video type non interlace, aspect ratio 1:1 vga, no filters, and ste at high quiality. any1 have any suggestions? thanks, dave

ashy  2004-01-01 18:12:20 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Audio is probably Ac3.
Download the AC3ACM filter, which you can find the link to somwhere on this BBS, or extract the audio to a wav with Virtualdubmod or Virtualdub_ac3.

Minion  2004-01-01 22:57:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can get the AC3 ACM Decompressor here :
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

Lately I find that it is better to use a Little tool called "Decompress.exe" to decompress the audio instead of useing Virtual-Dub to extract it, On occation I will still get sync problems when extracting VBR Mp3 to wav even when doing it the Proper Prescribed way...This tool comes with a VCD encoder called AVI2VCD but the encoder isn"t that good but the decompress tool is very handy...Cheers

nycemsmedic  2004-01-02 04:33:48 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, dumb question, but..............split the video and audio, then put in the seperate files when i use tmpegnc? Second is i trid to install AC3 ACM Decompressor running win xp, and it messed up my other pc(thank god i didnt run it on the main 1............lol) anything xp compatable? sorry, but i am a newbeeeeeee thanks again!!

ashy  2004-01-02 10:38:28 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is XP compatible, I and many others are using it with XP. You are the only one that has ever reported a problem.

What do you mean it messed up your system, it's only an audio codec?

nycemsmedic  2004-01-02 15:07:09 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no never mind i was wrong, my sondecided to run a program he d/l from the net n got me a virus. when i went to install the program it stated that it hasnt passed the win xp compatability, i almost always ignore this message. but it was a virus that got the other pc, not the program, i jumped the gun. sorry

nycemsmedic  2004-01-02 16:58:02 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeay got it, its perfect. thanks to all! sorry bout the ranting

Question - TDA1 - Initial Introduction Page No.48919
DrDVD  2003-12-31 10:21:13 ( ID:pkfsohfskbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am currently evaluating the DVD authoring product.

I would like to know if there is any way of adding an introduction video prior to the initial track page. For example 20th Century Fox would first show their world famous logo before going to the menu section.

If this facility is not achievable using the current version is it planned?

CaesarKent  2003-12-31 13:27:55 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Under "Create Menu," then under "Display Menu Settings," you can set the first pull-down menu to "Play the first track" when the DVD is loaded into the player. The first track will play, then the menu will be shown. However, someone else asked here a couple of days ago about a problem with this: that first track still shows up in the menu, which is not what you want in a case like you describe.

Question - TE25 - avi timestamp help needed No.40361
BabaG  2003-12-30 20:37:04 ( ID:zi5d3gzovwr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

as a final product i need to produce an edl for onlining at a separate place. my source materials are generally svhs analog tape. these svhs tapes are dubbed down from timecoded betacam masters. the svhs tapes have no timecode that can be read by my computer. they only have a visible burn in window (no ltc or vitc). older versions of premiere allowed me to assign timecode to captured clips (ctrl-k in premiere 6). i simply looked at the first frame of each clip and assigned the same number that was visible in the burn in window. the current version of premiere (pro) lacks edl support. i can't believe they call it "pro." it also seems that software other than premiere cannot read premiere's assigned timecode.

how can i timestamp my avi files with timecode that will match my visible burn in window and will also be generally if not universally readable in other software? recompressing the files is something i'd like to avoid but if that's the only way i'd consider it.

re-capturing is likely not an option as the sources are very large libraries of older materials.

thanks,
BabaG

Minion  2003-12-30 23:58:40 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Question Has very Little or nothing at all to do with Tmpgenc..This is a Tmpgenc Formum and all questions have to Pertain to tmpgenc in some way..Maybe you should look for a forum that has more to do with Editing than Encodeing...good Luck

BabaG  2003-12-31 08:04:39 ( ID:zi5d3gzovwr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wasn't sure if there might be a way of resaving
the described files through tmpgenc or something
like it and having the resave also restamp them
such that the timecode would read properly. if
anybody knows if such a thing can be done i'd
love to hear about it. and likewise, if anyone
knows it can't be done please let me know so i
can go away quietly.

BabaG

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.