Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 392 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 .vdr causes immediate crash evstar 0 2003-12-18 05:04:45
Question TE25 problem with converting NeMsY 1 2003-12-17 21:26:37
Question TDA1 merge/cut mpeg2 = no audio droppin 0 2003-12-17 17:49:05
Question TE25 bright colour bands in mpegs lukasz 0 2003-12-17 14:38:28
Question TE25 Help on bitrate neo1 4 2003-12-19 22:24:21
Question TE25 Question for anyone using DVD Author, on Chapter Titles CH 0 2003-12-17 08:37:27
Question TE25 fast motion is blocky Al 1 2003-12-17 21:11:02
Question TE25 Converting Problem from Div X to VCD bhargesh 1 2003-12-16 17:30:16
Question TE25 audio-video CD playable on all types of players Reynard Cordero 1 2003-12-16 17:39:50
Question TDA1 How to use filenames as chapter titles ch 1 2004-01-14 02:37:26
Question TE25 sound vikee 1 2003-12-16 22:23:35
Question TDA1 can link to title menu or chapters menu be a button? DFC 0 2003-12-15 19:25:53

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 392 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - .vdr causes immediate crash No.40162
evstar  2003-12-18 05:04:45 ( ID:0swz1nqxeen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've read nearly every related post in an attempt to fix this so please don't blast me for posting this. When i open a .vdr in TMPGEnc as a video or audio source, the program just dissapears immediately. No error messages. Can anyone figure this out?

Question - TE25 - problem with converting No.40160
NeMsY  2003-12-17 21:19:37 ( ID:jpgbkoqttco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry about my bad english, i`m learning it! ;)

I recorded a musicvideo with my Hauppauge Nexus-s.
its an mpeg2 file with 4:3 aspect ratio, a resolution
of 720 x 576 and a vbr of 3 mbit.
But if i import the video into temgenc 2.51, tempgenc
says "bad, or unsuported format" (i think).
so i tried to convert it on my notebook. but tempgenc
shuts down if i import the video.
My question:
is my video in a strange format, which temgenc cannot read,
or do i make some mistakes?

cu NeMsY

Minion  2003-12-17 21:26:37 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc needs Mpeg2 decoders installed so it can read Mpeg2 files and the Free version doesn"t come with one so try installing this:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh
Then Tmpgenc should Load the Mpeg2 files....

Question - TDA1 - merge/cut mpeg2 = no audio No.48894
droppin  2003-12-17 17:49:05 ( ID:5jcdngin5o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i recently purchased a mpeg2 capture device and have been checking out software for editing the files. i have tried this program, but everytime i merge/cut the mpeg2, i lose all audio. any ideas on what i am doing wrong...or know of any other programs out there worth trying. i tried womble, which is cool, but i can't edit exactly where i want to (i tell it the exact frames to edit out, it decides to cut somewhere close) oh yeah, archsoft showbiz sucks for editing too. thank you for any help/advice

Question - TE25 - bright colour bands in mpegs No.40159
lukasz  2003-12-17 14:38:28 ( ID:yvvo/pjjq52 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'm converting some avis for use on an SVCD. The avis have been produced with after effects, and are either divx or lossless avis. Some of the mpegs produced have bright coloured bands at specific luminances, creating a kind of solorizing/posterising effect. You can see a file I've mocked up (not in front of my pc right now) to illustrate the problem at http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~isslrs/bands.jpg

they seem to only effect gradual colour fades. anyone come across this before? codec problem?

TIA,

Luke

Question - TE25 - Help on bitrate No.40154
neo1  2003-12-17 12:34:37 ( ID:nl8njd9kdcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am capturing Dishnetwork with a Canopus ADVC-100. I am then compressing with TMPGEnc to a 250 GB hard drive, not to DVD. I want the smallest file size with no quality loss.

I am using a resolution of 704 x 480. I am using the Constant Quality (CQ) mode with Quality set at 65.

I was using a max bitrate of 3400 but this seems to result in quality loss in terms of resolution/sharpness. I increased this to 5000 and it seems better.

How does one tell the Max bitrate to use without losing quality and keeping the file size as small as possible? It is hard to do subjectively.

Thanks much!

Minion  2003-12-17 21:21:34 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there is No such thing as encodeing to Mpeg without Quality Loss..Mpeg is a Lossy format so there will allways Be some Quality Loss...And at that Resolution 5000kbs is a fairly low Max Bitrate ,You should Try setting to say 7500KBS with 3000kbs as the Absolute lowest Bitrate if you want Quality..It is a Trade off you either Get very High Quality with Large File sizes or Low Quality with small File sizes the Trick is to Find the Perfect Medium between the Two and it will be different for every file depending on the Video Complexity of each file so the settings that work for one File will not nescessarilly work with the next file...But if you are Not Encodeing to Mpeg for DVD then why are you useing Mpeg at all?? If you are Just storeing them on your PC to be watch on your PC then there are Better compression methods that will produce the same or better Quality with Much Lower File sizes Like Mpeg-4/Divx...Cheers

neo1  2003-12-18 14:51:06 ( ID:nl8njd9kdcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But if you are Not Encodeing to Mpeg for DVD then why are you useing Mpeg at all?? If you are Just storeing them on your PC to be watch on your PC then there are Better compression methods that will produce the same or better Quality with Much Lower File sizes Like Mpeg-4/Divx...Cheers

I tried DivX for months but could never obtain high quality even at very high bitrates. There were a lot of motion artifacts like skipped frames. I am not aware of an MPEG-4 program that compresses better than TMPGEnc. I tried one but it was worse. I have other MPEG-2 encoders that do not compress as well as TMPGEnc. They are much faster but the quality/file size is much lower. TMPGEnc is the best encoder that I have found. I will do some testing at higher max bitrates to see if this helps. I have found that leaving the min bitrate at 0 results in much smaller files because CQ will drop the BR very low when it does not need it. It seems to have a much higher dynamic range than 2 pass and has a higher quality/file size from visual inspection and studying the log files.

Grissy  2003-12-19 14:16:35 ( ID:kxaqbfybe5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mpeg4/Xvid encoding gives you almost dvd quality with half the filesize mpeg-2 would give. There must've been something wrong with your settings or codec.

ashy  2003-12-19 22:24:21 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree MPEG4 DIVX/XVID can obtain much higher quality at lower file sizes than MPEG2 could ever dream of. In the future I'm pretty sure MPEG4 will become the new DVD standard.
As for motion artifacts such as skipped frames, it is very unlikely unless you are capturing to MPEG4 with a computer that can't cope with the settings you are using.

>mpeg4/Xvid encoding gives you almost dvd quality with half the filesize mpeg-2 would give. There must've been something wrong with your settings or codec.

I agree, if done correctly MPEG4 will give much higher quality results than MPEG2 when using the same bitrates.

Question - TE25 - Question for anyone using DVD Author, on Chapter Titles No.40153
CH  2003-12-17 08:37:27 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Posted this on the DVDA list but it seems pretty quiet there. Just in case any of u good folks have experience with DVDAuthor, help appreciated.

So far TMPG DVD Auth has been v easy to use and effective. However I have something that I cant seem to do. Most authoring programmes use the filename of the mpeg as the defaul chapter name, but in TMPG the titles are Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc (as far as I can remember) and I have to rename each track. How do i just get it to use the filenames? After all, the filenames are already in the Chapter window.

Cheerio!

Question - TE25 - fast motion is blocky No.40151
Al  2003-12-17 08:15:38 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have been making very good DVD files from my Type 1 AVI, but on a particular file of sports, which has fast motion, the rendering was particularly bad.

I used all the maximum settings to no avail, but I did get improved results with the I Pictures Only setting for the GOP. I experimented with I and P only, I could not see much difference, but I only was faster in encoding. The differences in file size were small.

Is this advisable? Is there a better way? I looked thru the original avi and the sequences were clear.

Cheers

Minion  2003-12-17 21:11:02 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I"m sure Raiseing the Bitrate will help Cuz Sports and other High Motion Video uses a Lot of Bits to encode and Make sure that you have Pre-Filtered out as Much Noise as you can cuz Noise in the Source Footage will suck up a Lot of Bits also.....

Question - TE25 - Converting Problem from Div X to VCD No.40149
bhargesh  2003-12-16 17:26:06 ( ID:cunmuofpk6w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Firends,

I have a problem Converting DivX or Xvid to a VCD format, everytime that i try to do so through Tmpeg the problem that i face is The DivX which has a resolution of 608 x 256 will convert it into a PAL format of 608 x 256 resolution which makes the video quality of the VCD real bad.
I would like to know if there is any setting in Tmpeg or eovideo to overcome his problem.

Any Suggestions to Resolve this issue are more than welcome.

Thank you.

ashy  2003-12-16 17:30:16 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just load the VCD template or use the project wizard.

Question - TE25 - audio-video CD playable on all types of players No.40147
Reynard Cordero  2003-12-16 10:46:15 ( ID:db3iak2dmwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi everyone! i'm trying to burn a mixed media CD that contains 3 audio files & 1 video file (mpg - roughly 4 minutes long) but can be played on all three of the ff: 1) regular audio-only CD players (i.e. Discman), 2) generic vcd/dvd players, 3) a PC.

i use the X2CD burner and the resulting CD can't be played on a Discman since it converts the audio tracks into video system files. Nero's mixed mode CD, on the other hand, has playable audio tracks (on a Discman) but requires a PC for the video to be viewed.

Furthermore, is the above also possible if the video format is DivX (or any DVD-quality video file format) and i burn it to just an ordinary CD?

Thanks for your help!

ashy  2003-12-16 17:39:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can tell you this now, what you are asking is NOT possible, so don't waste your time trying.

You can create a mixed mode CD with Video and audio data, but as you have realised the video is only playable on the PC.

The lead in and lead out can hold info for either MPEG VCD or audio, but not both at the same time.

Question - TDA1 - How to use filenames as chapter titles No.48892
ch  2003-12-16 06:23:37 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

So far TMPG DVD Auth has been v easy to use and effective. However I have something that I cant seem to do. Most authoring programmes use the filename of the mpeg as the defaul chapter name, but in TMPG the titles are Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc (as far as I can remember) and I have to rename each track. How do i just get it to use the filenames? After all, the filenames are already in the Chapter window.

Thks.

ch  2004-01-14 02:37:26 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SO far no one has commented on this so perhaps I would like to repost this question. Some advise pse?

Cheers
ch

Question - TE25 - sound No.40145
vikee  2003-12-16 01:08:30 ( ID:t6aon1/ljpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, i tried this software and after i've converted a movie to vcd format and tryed to play, there was no sound in it (under win2k), only on my computer or it will be the same on my dvd player? please help me....

Minion  2003-12-16 22:23:35 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is No Sound in the Mpeg file because the Audio in your Source AVO file was of a format that is Not supported by Tmpgenc..So before encodeing you have to Extract the audio from your AVI file to Wav format then use the Wav file as your Audio Source in Tmpgenc..You can extract the audio useing something like "Virtual Dub"....

Question - TDA1 - can link to title menu or chapters menu be a button? No.48891
DFC  2003-12-15 19:25:53 ( ID:/8ib7sjefkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just started with TDA and I must say it looks very promising. however I would like to choose if a link to another menu or item is a button or text. it doesn't seem as if this is possible now. I want to have two buttons on my main menu... one for play, and one to go to the chapters menu. also you should be able to delete links that you don't want.

this would be a selling feature for me, with the motion menus and the ability to change the "selected effect" with layers in photoshop, TDA would be just what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.