Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 393 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 mr mrbennbod 1 2003-12-15 20:47:18
Question TE25 My computer shuts down inbetween a conversion. Tagg 3 2003-12-15 22:55:08
Question TE25 Files Size issues... Loki 6 2003-12-15 01:52:45
Question TE25 mpeg tools merg and cut freeze rob 0 2003-12-14 04:26:51
Question TE25 How to calculate bitrate in 2-pass vbr for svd? Darrell 6 2003-12-18 13:26:50
Free talk TE25 Incompatible Batchlister files?? Vandaahl 1 2003-12-14 22:40:15
Question TE25 Mr. C Jones 1 2003-12-13 13:04:06
Question TDA1 Audio goes in and out hobbes 0 2003-12-12 18:35:36
Question TDA1 how to register once you get license and register grass hopper 1 2004-01-03 21:00:05
Question TE25 frustrated trying to register purchased version cindy 1 2003-12-12 07:25:06
Question TDA1 i like xvid and wondering how to use it in tmpgenc gary 0 2003-12-10 23:30:00
Question TE25 source aspect Vandaahl 6 2003-12-14 16:58:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 393 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - mr No.40143
mrbennbod  2003-12-15 05:57:31 ( ID:gpfafsluslg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if an avi has a framerate of 23.976 (ie it's NTSC encoded) can I convert it to an mpeg-1 with a frame rate of 25 (and change the other settings too) so that it will be viewable on a PAL TV?
Or can you only convert an NTSC avi to an NTSC mpeg-1?

ashy  2003-12-15 20:47:18 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Question - mr
Answer - mr

Question - TE25 - My computer shuts down inbetween a conversion. No.40139
Tagg  2003-12-15 00:24:11 ( ID:zb97zjlvkh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I convert a file in TMPGEnc, my computer shuts down halfway through. I've found that it doesn't always do this when I keep the computer active, but it still does it even when I've only left it idle for 3mins. Does anyone know what this might be, or how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

-Stephen

Minion  2003-12-15 00:34:21 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Could be any of a Number of things of which None really have to do with Tmpgenc....It could be that your Proscessor is OverHeating because encodeing is extremely CPU Intensive and your CPU Heat will Jump when you start encodeing.....

Tagg  2003-12-15 14:56:35 ( ID:zb97zjlvkh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your reply. :) I'll try messing around with my computer's settings.

ashy  2003-12-15 22:55:08 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download one of the many CPU utitlites which monitors your CPU and motherboard temp and check it for overheating.

Question - TE25 - Files Size issues... No.40132
Loki  2003-12-14 06:33:59 ( ID:4y2retwjsvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having problems with the size of the file output. It nere seems to be what the program "estimates" before encoding... I am working from a D2V+wAV format, and am trying to burn a DVD... I have messed with the bit rate repeatedly to no avail... is there something I am missing? I mean, I set it up and hit start with it saying the end product will be an MPG of about 650Mb and it will turn out like 1.05Gb.. I don't get it...

ashy  2003-12-14 16:34:35 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What settings are you using and how what is the length of your source file?
650MB seems very small for DVD.

Loki  2003-12-14 22:06:13 ( ID:lxiquvmqt5j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using my Equillibrium DVD to test some tutorials. So the original file tends to be about 5.5G. The 650 (or 700) meg file is what I am trying to encode after running it through DVD2AVI for frame serving purposes.

I used this tutorial: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/84759.php
for info on how to crunch it to one VCD, but if you read through the tutorial the person that wrote it is clearly uninformed and most of the setting he says to use without any reason for them... some of them he even states are just guessing on his part.

The settings I use are this:
Vid Info (from self made template):
Resolution: 352x240 pixels
Framerate: 29.97 fps
Bitrate: average 1150 Kbps (this is just the default I have dropped the bitrate to 352 without getting smaller file size)

Audio Info:
Samp Freq: 44100 Hz
Number of Channels: 2ch Stereo (when I DVD2AVI I chose to export it like this as well)
bitrate: 224 Kbps (often change this trying to shrink the file size)

For source I have:
Vid File: .../equillibrium.dv2
audio file: .../equillibrium AC3 TO1 3_2ch 448Kbps 44.1Khz.wav
Settings;
Vid Type: interlace
Field Order: Top Field First (field a) (have tried bottom first on someone's suggestion as well)
16:9 525 line (NTSC)

Bitrate Settings:
Movie Info: 352x240 29.97 fps / 44100 Hz Stereo / 106 min 50 sec
Vid Res: [greyed out] 352x240 pixels
Average vid bitrate: 710 kbits/sec
Audio btrate: 224 kbits/sec
estimated filesize: 726.35 MB
media type: CD-R 74min (vcd/svcd) makes filesize 99.77% of disk capacity

I got my bitrate from the " Forte for Java " calculator that I loaded to my server (http://clixim.com/calc/)... am I missing something here or is this just not possible? I mean I know that the run time is extensive but I wasn't sure if that mattered... with that or the file size being the VCD governing agent. Still the problem is that it won't let me output a file at the size it claims to.

Minion  2003-12-15 00:31:49 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Trying to use a Lower than Standard Bitrate for VCD then you have to change the "System" setting to "Video-CD NON-Standard" and you know you can fit about 750mb on a 650MB CD and about 800mb on a 700mb CD in VCD Format, and you should also know that Useing a Lower than Standard VCD Bitrate will Only serve to Make a Awefull Looking VCD so if your Goal is to Fit a Full Movie on a Single CD-R then you are Going to have a Really Bad Looking VCD, So Don"yt try to put more than 80minutes of Video on a 70MB CD-R.....

ashy  2003-12-15 00:40:20 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The calculations for the file size are correct.
Your problem is that you are attempting to make a 'non standard VCD' using the 'standard VCD' template.

If you wish to lower the bitrate then you will be creating a 'Non standard VCD' and thus you will need to go into the expert settings and change the stream setting to 'MPEG1 VCD (non standard)' otherwise padding will be added to the output.
You will find the stream setting under the 'System' tab. You will have to unlock the setting first by right cliking on the words 'Stream type'

You can remove the padding from the existing MPEG you have created by running it through the 'simple multiplexer' using the above mentioned stream setting.

Also be aware that what you are attempting to do will produce awful results. You should really split this between 2 80 min disks and raise the bitrate.

ashy  2003-12-15 00:45:24 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry about the repeat minion, must have been typing while you were posting.

Loki  2003-12-15 01:52:45 ( ID:4y2retwjsvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I could just as easily burn them to DVD (have the Sony DRU 510A) but I want to try to fit it on a CD because they are going to be semi disposable... I plan on sending them to my brother-in-law in Iraq (in the army) and would rather go the cheap route.. he only has one of those mini personal dvd players, so I am sure that the quality isn't going to be that great anyway...

Thanks for the info, I never would have found that... so under system I change it to VCD/MPG-2 (non-standard)... I'll go try that now... thanks again, guys!

Question - TE25 - mpeg tools merg and cut freeze No.40131
rob  2003-12-14 04:26:51 ( ID:wzoezdh/umg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i have the free version and i still have time on the mpeg2 usage...every time i try to go to merg and cut in the mpeg tools section in order to cut out clips from the main file, it loads the file...but it will freeze up if i try to move the slider or use the time code boxes. im running an athlon xp 2000+ with an nvidia ti 4400 graphics card. i have 768 megs of ddr pc2100 ram. I have lots of hd space formatted in ntfs and im running windows xp pro with sp1. any help would be appreciated...

Question - TE25 - How to calculate bitrate in 2-pass vbr for svd? No.40124
Darrell  2003-12-13 16:35:07 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a 62min 31sec in length of an avi+ac3 xvid file.i set the audio to 384kbps bcos i want to have mpeg2 5.1 mutichannel audiostream. how do i set the max,average & min bitrate in 2-pass vbr mode for svcd into 80min cd-r?

Minion  2003-12-13 22:51:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well First off Tmpgenc does not support AC3 audio as an audio source (Unless you have a specific decoder installed but even then it allways downmixes 5.1 to sterio) and even if it did it would not encode it to Mpeg 5.1...If you want Mpeg 5.1 From your AC3 you are going to have to find some other way of doing it, I hear that Maybe ReMpeg can do it...as for what Bitrate you should use you Should use a Bitrate Calculator to determine what Bitrate you should use, But the Bitrate calculator will only tell you the Bitrate you should use if you were useing CBR, But you can use that Bitrate as the Average bitrate then you can pick and Max and Min Bitrate that you feel is Good..But remember for SVCD the Max bitrate shouldn"t go above about 2500kbs for a Standard SVCD...And about 5.1 Mpeg audio ,Do you know that your DVD Player will Play Mpeg 5.1 Because it is Not part of the SVCD standard and Not many Players will play it...well good Luck

Darrell  2003-12-14 04:59:20 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks Minion. u r right. ReMpeg can do it. i have find a way to encode it to mpeg 5.1

ashy  2003-12-14 16:50:47 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to find out the exact bitrate to use for encoding a MPEG which will fit an 80min CD then any MPEG bitrate calculator will do.
These calculators will give you the max and average bitrate to use for VBR not just CBR.
Here is a pretty acurate one: http://www.tomzavodny.cz/program/bitcalc/index_en.php

Why not just use TMPGs own calculator in the project wizard?

For encoding to MPEG 5.1 audio you can use the program below, but be aware that MPEG 5.1 is not fully supported in the VCD,SVCD or DVD standard and thus may not work in some DVD players. If I were you I would stick to down mixing to Dolbly surround audio.
http://hypercubemx.free.fr/

Daelus  2003-12-14 20:45:25 ( ID:bzo3bmispio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Bitrate Calc
----------------
Here's a nice online one designed for ease of use when encoding with TMPGEnc: http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html

It has settings for dvd/(s)vcd, and cbr/vbr bit-rates.

AC3 5.1
-------
If you're ripping from an AVI which has AC3 audio (2ch or 6ch), a decent way is to use VirtualDub to direct stream copy the audio into a faux-wav file. Then use AC3Fix (simple to use command line tool you can find on the net) to remove virtualdub's wav header, and make it a true AC3 stream.

For future refrence, if you have an avi which doesn't have AC3 audio, but wish to use it instead of PCM or MPEGII audio, you can rip the audio using virualdub, and then use BeSweet to convert it into 2ch AC3.

Then you can use TMPGEnc DVD Author to write the mpeg2/ac3 vob files.

ashy  2003-12-14 21:16:09 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you're ripping from an AVI which has AC3 audio (2ch or 6ch), a decent way is to use VirtualDub to direct stream copy the audio into a faux-wav file. Then use AC3Fix (simple to use command line tool you can find on the net) to remove virtualdub's wav header, and make it a true AC3 stream.

No need to do it that way, just use either AVIMUX04, 'Virtualdub mod' or Virtualdub_ac3.

Darrell  2003-12-18 13:26:50 ( ID:xqquthtystn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANX ALOT!!!

Free talk - TE25 - Incompatible Batchlister files?? No.40122
Vandaahl  2003-12-13 14:11:56 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just found out the "incompatible" batchlister file is cause by a "wrong" (?)template

if you try you will see that if works for the standard templates

if you did "unlock" the settings by loading the unlockmcf in the extra folder lock them again
(make a lock.mcf file by loading the unlock.mcf file in notepad en replace all "False" by "True")
then load the simple dvd template and edit again

i dunno why but it worked for me.
hope it helps

sure saves a shitload of work for me

ashy  2003-12-14 22:40:15 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem seems to be caused by the current version of TMPG which is producing incompatible templates.

Previous versions of TMPG are creating templates which work fine with the batchlister and will even work in the current version of TMPG.

All versions I have tried below TMPGEnc-2.511.51 have worked fine so far (maybe some later versions of TMPG may also work, but have not yet tried).

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.40120
C Jones  2003-12-13 09:12:33 ( ID:yvv7bb.c5pf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use a Personal Cinema Nvidia TV/ Video Card with WinDVR to record shows.
The end result depending on choosing Good-Better-Best Setting on my recording, the resulting video is an Mpeg and depending on the setting results in the quality of capture. I have in the past used TMPEnc to edit the Movie to remove commercials, then remerge the saved Mpgs to complete the "edited" movie, is has been no problem in the past, I keep upgrading my version TMPGEnc, so I don't know if my problem is from the newer version. My problem is c:folder"movie".mpeg can not be opened, or is unsupported. I kept my last few recordings to the "good" capture setting, but the message still apply's. All other uses for the software have always worked fine. Please HELP!

ashy  2003-12-13 13:04:06 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question - Mr

Answer - Mr

Question - TDA1 - Audio goes in and out No.48890
hobbes  2003-12-12 18:35:36 ( ID:btu.9n73zm. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a SVCD I used TMPGenc to convert it to separate audio and video files, which both work fine. I am now using TMPGenc DVD Author to encode it to DVD format. This is for a client and they want the video this way. Anyway, I have tried doing this 3 times, and each time the video plays fine but every few seconds the audio goes out. Anyone have suggestions?

Question - TDA1 - how to register once you get license and register No.48888
grass hopper  2003-12-12 02:52:32 ( ID:ra/1mspynn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i recently purchased tmpgenc.
i would like to use it again, after having run the 30 day trial.
but there seems to be no prompt fr where to enter the number...
and no directions, other than going through registration on line
which does nothing to change status of software...

Thanks!
Cindy

celtic yob  2004-01-03 21:00:05 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you perchased TMPGEnc. They gave you a number.
Write that number in something like wordpad then copy it ctrl and c, then open TMPGEnc and click registar then click your cursor in the registration line and press ctrl and v your number goes on the line, you can now run the prg to your hearts content.

Ralph.

Question - TE25 - frustrated trying to register purchased version No.40118
cindy  Home )  2003-12-12 01:28:54 ( ID:ra/1mspynn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone out there purchased TMPGENC (either author or encode)
after using the trial version?

How the heck do I get the software to run again?
It doesn't ask me to enter the license, and I've tried
quite a few different things... not much info on the web site.

MANY THANKS!!!!
Signed,
Frustrated!

P.S.
I had to switch browsers to get to the purchase page, so its frustration
on top of frustration.

Minion  2003-12-12 07:25:06 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UUmm...You do not register the Trial Version...The Trial version is Just that a Trial version Once it Runs out that is it....You need to download and Install the "Plus" version, that is the Version you register...So what you have to do is Click the Banner at the Bottom of this Page, then click" Download" and then "Tmpgenc Plus 2.5" and then you have it...and from there you will figure it out....Cheers

Question - TDA1 - i like xvid and wondering how to use it in tmpgenc No.48887
gary  2003-12-10 23:30:00 ( ID:rhn.r.g.zlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

xvid looks like a realy good program and was wondering can i use it with tmp which would give a small but exerlent picture and can it be added to it instead of what it uses and how? thanks for info

Question - TE25 - source aspect No.40111
Vandaahl  2003-12-10 22:56:16 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a digital camera
with that i record in squeezed mode so that i can play if on my widescreen in the right aspect ratio
that work perfectly
but now
i want to encode a LOT of those dv/avi files
when i load a setting which works (i know for sure)
i have to set the source aspect ratio to 16:9 by hand for tmpgenc to encode the file properly
that works perfectly.
the endresult plays "fullscreen" on a widescreen tv and "widescreen" on a 4:3 tv
no problems there
but now i have to encode about 80 avi files
do i need to load then individually, set the right source aspect ratio and make a project file?
i tried adrew doyles batchfile maker but then i load the tbe file it make tmpgenc comes with an error "= after line 21" or somthing like that?

ashy  2003-12-11 21:31:21 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where are you loading the .tbe?
You must load it as a list in the batch encode box.

It does work I have used it on several occasions. Maybe you are loading to many files in at once. Try it with a lower number of files

Vandaahl  2003-12-12 00:45:36 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am using Batchlister 3.0
i tried with 5 files but it gives me the same error;
"="is nessesary.per 21 line.

.tbe files created with tmpgenc viewed with notepad also look a LOT different from .tbe files generated with the batchlistmaker

for more info on the squeezed mode i am using look here
http://geocities.com/wunder01au/widescreen.html

again
when i load a dv/avi then set the source aspect ratio to 16:9 625 line (PAL)
the encoding works perfectly (widescreen)

the guy is not always right on that page but he can speak better english than me
hehe

Al  2003-12-12 06:32:05 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem and I cant seem to get the batchlister to work at home. I tried it at work with W98 and the test avi that comes with Ulead, and it worked, but when I duplicated it at home with proper avi type 1 files on Win2000 I received that error.

I have resorted to using Tmpgenc's own list maker using that tedious process of saving each file as a tpr.

A little working trick is to edit some of the standard things like Source Aspect in the Batch List view by clicking on each list item, which saves a bit of clicks because they same tab will load each time.

Cheers

ashy  2003-12-12 21:15:01 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The error is telling you there is a '=' missing from line 21.
It should look something like this:

JOB.MPEG.Video.Height = 576

I've just downloaded version 3.0 from the link below and it works fine with the 10 files I have used:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html

Vandaahl  2003-12-12 22:27:49 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the answer
i am using batchlister 3.0 too
but the output .tbe of batchlister and tmpgenc seem to be in a totally different format.
piece of batchlister 3.0 output;
object TTMPGEncBatchEncodeList
List = <
item
JOB.MPEG.Text = 'DV/avi 2 to SVCD'
JOB.MPEG.WizardCategoryName = '$$HIDE'
JOB.MPEG.WizardSubFormatName = ''
JOB.MPEG.WizardCaption = ''

piece of tmpgenc;
ÿ
JOB 020&c TPF027TTMPGEncBatchEncodeList 04List1601
Job.MPEG.Text06 33Job.MPEG.WizardCategoryName06 34Job.MPEG.WizardSubFormatName06 26Job.MPEG.WizardCaption06 ZJob.MPEG.WizardDescription06 ZJob.MPEG.WizardTargetMedia07"MPEGConfig_TargetMediaType_Unknown#Job.MPEG.WizardAutoCalcVideoBitRate10-Job.MPEG.WizardAutoC

so what version of tmpgenc are you using?

ashy  2003-12-14 16:58:20 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The line I'm refering to is in the .tbe that batchlister creates not the one TMPG creates.
The TMPG one is unreadable as you say.
I'm using TMPGEnc-2.520.54.163-Plus-EN

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.