Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 427 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Encoding with TMPGEnc/ author wit DVDIT mixer23 1 2003-09-13 22:59:04
Question TE25 SVCD skipping frames smash 10 2003-09-17 01:35:10
Question TE25 Stumped Tomo 4 2003-09-12 18:20:54
Question TE25 crash on bad frames? carenp 1 2003-09-12 23:03:51
Question TE25 M. Wagner 2 2003-09-12 08:17:14
Request TE25 Will RM format be supported in future release? xjlcool 10 2003-09-25 22:32:17
Question TDA1 TMPGENC DVD Author split video screen when editing blade22 1 2003-10-13 10:11:24
Question TE25 Bitrate Bosh 1 2003-09-11 20:48:54
Question TE25 Glenn glennjo 1 2003-09-11 20:49:56
Question TDA1 TMPGEnc settings The Raven 1 2003-09-13 00:35:35
Question TE25 AVI not supported LG 1 2003-09-11 03:03:44
Bug report TDA1 AC3 Channels MHC 2 2003-09-16 10:20:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 427 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Encoding with TMPGEnc/ author wit DVDIT No.39047
mixer23  2003-09-13 13:26:26 ( ID:ldntd3ngwan )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I've been trying to comvert a SVCD file to DVD. I have used TMPGEnc with standard settings, and even tried to follow some guides at DVDRhelp.com. The encoding seems to go along fine, but when I try to author the DVD usibg DVDIt, I always get the same error message; "Each GOP header must be preceeded by a sequence header".
I have tried changing the GOP-settings, but I really don't know too much about that, so that didn't help.
Anybody had the same problem, or know what to do?

Leif-Erik

Minion  2003-09-13 22:59:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well You know that if you re-encode the SVCD File to DVD Specs you will loose Quite a Bit of the Quality, So you Might consider Putting the SVCD on to DVD as a Non-Standard DVD, I haven"t come across a DVD Player yet that will Not play there Non-Standard DVD"s, I backed up My Whole SVCD Collection this way to DVD and they Turned out Great...But Not many DVD authoring Programs will let you author DVD"s of this sort, One that will is called "DVD-Lab" you can download a 30 Day demo at http://www.mediachance.com/download.htm ..It isn"t as Complex to use as DVDit But it does make good Quality DVD"s and it is very easy to use and it will author SVCD"s to DVD without Re-encodeing the Video...But if you really want to re-encode the SVCD to DVD Specs what should get rid of the Error you are getting in DVDit is to go to the "Gop" settings and set the "Output Interval of Sequence Header" to "1"...This will Put a Sequence header Before every GOP....Cheers

Question - TE25 - SVCD skipping frames No.39036
smash  2003-09-13 08:23:15 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some of the SVCDs that I've encoded seem to be skipping a frame every 2-3 seconds. Sound isn't out of sink during such skips. I've had a number of movies with such 'skips' and I've tried encoding them in simple VCD and there are no skips in the very same movies. I think it could be the fact that there's a 23.9 frame convertion - mind you 80% of the movies I've encoded are fine. How can I fix this? - I'm trying to encode a standard NTSC Film SVCD [right from the Wizard]

ashy  2003-09-13 10:24:13 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean theres's a 23.97 conversion. Are you saying you are converting to 23.976 from a different frame rate?
You can't do frame rate conversion with TMPG properly and this WILL cause jerky playback and you can't encode to 23.976 in MPEG2 unless you are using 2:3 pulldown.
What is the frame rate of the source?

smash  2003-09-15 02:03:49 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's like 29 frames/sec and I am using a 2:3 pulldown. So that's the problem? TMPGEnc can't handle pulldowns?

smash  2003-09-15 02:15:50 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me clarify... I always used a standard SVCD straight from the Wizard. In 'frame rate' it always says 23.976 fps (internally 29.97) and there's a 2:3 pulldown. Should I not use that?

Minion  2003-09-15 02:38:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you Got the Wrong Idea here, The Frame rate you have to use is related to the frame rate of your AVI file, you Can Not use 23.97fps unless your AVI file is 23.97fps, so you have to encode to the Frame rate of your AVI file...If your AVI file is 23.97fps then your CAN use the "23.97fps(29.97fps Interlally)" setting..But if your AVI file is say 25fps then you either have to encode it as a Pal 25fps File to Use some External method for converting the 25fps file to 23.97 or 29.97fps Cuz Tmpgenc can not do it...

smash  2003-09-15 03:59:03 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, step by step then how would you encode a sample DivX file into SVCD. Because I always simply used the Wizard 'NTSC Film SVCD' and it worked great except for these 2-3 movies where I used the same exact settings, but the playback is messed up.

ashy  2003-09-15 18:05:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look we are not mind readers, if you want help seriously then start giving us some serious answers.

First and most importantly as I have already asked is, what is the frame rate of the AVI?
Just right click the AVI and select properties and windows should tell you.

smash  2003-09-15 22:08:56 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, for this particular DivX framerate is 25 [I looked that up in VirtualDub].

ashy  2003-09-15 22:48:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, well that is your problem.
You CANNOT convert an PAL 25fps file to NTSC with TMPG. This is what is causing the playback problem.

You have 3 options.

1. Leave it at 25 fps and encode as PAL. Most DVD players will play it OK as long as it can output a PAL signal and you have a multiformat TV.

2. Use AVIsynth to alter the frame rate.

3. Use the method outlined in this post:

Question - Framerate problems
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc#topic24980

The frame rate is different, but the principle is the same. Just follow the instructions and change the frame rate to 23.976 then encode the MPEG as NTSC FILM SVCD.

Minion  2003-09-15 22:59:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if the AVI is 25fps then you can NOT encode it as 23,97 or 29.97 cuz the File is a Pal file and 23.97 and 29.97fps are NTSC frame rates this is why you are getting Choppy Playback, if your DVD Player and TV set can handle Pal then you can encode it as Pal but not all DVD Players or TV sets can Play Pal Video, In which case you will have to Convert the File to NTSC useing some other method...The Method I use is an easy one but you will need some Pretty expensive software, i use something like Premier Pro or Vegas Video 4 to Convert the 25fps Pal File into a 29,97fps NTSC AVI file useing the HuffyUV Codec, then I just encode the AVI file to mpeg like you normaly would..There are Of cource other Methods, If you look through some very rescent posts I explain another way to do it and so does Ashy useing software that is easy to get....Good Luck....Cheers

smash  2003-09-17 01:35:10 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for the help

Question - TE25 - Stumped No.39031
Tomo  2003-09-12 13:29:22 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help with this question
i have an avi movie that when i try to encode
it comes out as though it is running in 12fps ie slow motion

i have tried in tmpg :
different templates ie ntsc 23fps...ntsc 29fps...pal formats
interlacing and non interlacing
bottom field and top field

rencoding with vdub in :
Divx format
direct stream
uncompressed

every time the resulted mpg comes out in slow motion....as if the cpu struggles to run it

Thanx in advance

ashy  2003-09-12 17:47:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the frame rate of the original?

ashy  2003-09-12 17:49:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also does this happen on your PC or DVD player?

Tomo  2003-09-12 18:07:46 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its 23.98 fps and it happens on pc

Tomo  2003-09-12 18:20:54 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

might be worth mentioning the filename ends with -wrd.avi

Question - TE25 - crash on bad frames? No.39029
carenp  Home )  2003-09-12 09:47:34 ( ID:jiqprtx2iwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

have been using hauppauge's winpvr 250, and while it's not perfect, it does seem to be a fairly decent "ripper"... at the same time, we're using tmpgenc plus (on the trial basis) and would like to purchase it, except for two things:

.1. it loves to crash on what i believe are "probably" bad frames (i have no way of checking this, but it's most likely option) and, once crashed, i have to re-enter the data one more time. if i hit that frame again (bloody likely, as they are usually at the setpoints), i crash again... frustrating... this only happens when the previewed file is NOT moving (paused). if the file is moving (playing), the frames are either un-noticed or handled differently; in either case, setting a setpoint while the target is moving is quite annoying and any miss that hits those frames makes the program go kaboom...

.2. we cannot convert successfully from the hauppauge format (fair ntsc mpeg 2) to any other format except mpeg 2 vbr. tmpgenc says it does the conversion, but what we get is audio only, no video. place the file into gspot, and gspot says everything rendered fine, all codecs are in place, no worries...

is there a way around the bad frames issue? i've spent as much as an hour attempting to refine my setpoints to where i am getting data on either side of the real setpoint (irritatingly annoying) because the program will crash completely if it so much as touches the setpoint when the program isn't playing the file (preview)...

someone else suggested that tmpgenc keep the setpoints around for later editing. i think this is an excellent idea, and should be easily implemented...

considering purchase of plus,
sincerely,

00 caren

Minion  2003-09-12 23:03:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Post is Quite Confuseing as your Terminoligy does not make much sence..But From what I understand you are Haveing Problems encodeing mpeg files that you have Captured from your WinTV PVR.. I am also assumeing most of these Files are Mpeg2 files that you are Trying to encode with Tmpgenc?? The Best method For encodeing Mpeg2 files in Tmpgenc is to Frame serve the Mpeg2 files to Tmpgenc with a Program called "DVD2AVI"(Freeware)..You Load your Mpeg2 file into DVD2AVI and then go to "File" to "Save Project" and it will leave you with a D2V file and a Mpa audio file..You then Load the D2V file into Tmpgenc as the Video source, and if you are Makeing a Vcd or a SVCD then you do not have to encode the audio as it is allready in the correct format for VCD or SVCD and re-encodeing it would just lower the audio Quality..Now just encode the D2v file to the Mpeg format that you want and after encodeing you can Multiplex the Video file with the Audio file useing the "Mpeg Tools" "Simple Multiplex"..This method is the Most reliable and fastest encodeing method for encodeing you captured Mpeg2 files to Mpeg....

PS: if there are "Bad Frames" in your Mpeg2 file DVD2AVI will not make a D2V file and in that case there is Probably nothing that can be done with your Captured files...

Question - TE25 - M. No.39026
Wagner  2003-09-12 06:25:38 ( ID:r8yzlez7s7f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For many weeks i've never had any problem using Cladvd and tmpgenc to convert a DVD in VCD.
Since i've downloaded cladvd .xp and tmpgenc 2.511 nothing works.
Even reconverting old "ripped" films doesnt work : tmpgenc says it doesnt recognize the video format.
Hint : in the first dialog of tmpgenc it is written in red : "MPGEG 2 trial period has expired"

Could any one give me the exact list of things to do ?

Thank you for your help.

Daniel

Minion  2003-09-12 07:23:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you Encodeing these Files to VCD?? are you just loading the Vob files into Tmpgenc and encodeing them to VCD??? if so this is not the best way, it is best to use "DVD2AVI to extract the correct audio stream and to make a D2V project file that you can encode in Tmpgenc to VCD..This method is faster as DVD2AVI has a Faster Mpeg2 deocder than Tmpgenc ..But since You didn"t explain how you were makeing your VCD"s I can"t tell you what is wrong...Cheers

ashy  2003-09-12 08:17:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CladDVD XP uses DVD2AVI to frame serve to TMPG. This will be the source of the problem.
Try re-installing CLadDVD first. If that doesn't work download and install the latest DVD2AVI then copy the DVD2AVI.vfp from the DVD2AVI folder in to the TMPGENC folder.
Check in the VFAPI plugins to see if the DVD2AVI project file reader is listed and if necessary raise it's priority.

If you still have problems you may need to download an earlier version of DVD2AVI v1.76 and follow the steps above again.

Request - TE25 - Will RM format be supported in future release? No.39015
xjlcool  2003-09-11 21:00:39 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will RM (RealPlayer Movie) format be supported in future release?

Minion  2003-09-11 21:20:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I doubt it,Probably due to Liscencing matters, or to the fact that RM is a Crappy format, But if you want to encode Rm files there is One Encoder I know of that encodes RM Files to Mpeg and that is called "EO_Video".....cheers

ashy  2003-09-11 21:31:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Come on get with it. RM is more or less a dead format, so what would be the point?

xjlcool  2003-09-12 16:29:40 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well I doubt it,Probably due to Liscencing matters, or to the fact that RM is a Crappy format, But if you want to encode Rm files there is One Encoder I know of that encodes RM Files to Mpeg and that is called "EO_Video".....cheers

Thanks for the suggestion, I've used EO Video, but it is slow and produces low quality video. Do you know any other SW tool(s) can convert RM to MPEG?

xjlcool  2003-09-12 16:37:17 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Come on get with it. RM is more or less a dead format, so what would be the point?

The point is there are million of RMs available online, and I don't want to watch them on a small computer 21" monitor; I prefer to convert &burn them on DVD, to watch on my 50" plasma TV.

ashy  2003-09-12 17:24:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The point is there are million of RMs available online, and I don't want to watch them on a small computer 21" monitor; I prefer to convert &burn them on DVD, to watch on my 50" plasma TV.

The point is these RM's just look just crap when played on anything bigger than a 17" monitor and even worse on a 50" inch TV such as a high definition Plasma, so why bother?

Don't tell me you have actual movies in this format. Anybody that uses RM for proper movies needs a check up from the neck up.

xjlcool  2003-09-15 17:48:11 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>>The point is there are million of RMs available online, and I don't want to watch them on a small computer 21" monitor; I prefer to convert &burn them on DVD, to watch on my 50" plasma TV.
>
>The point is these RM's just look just crap when played on anything bigger than a 17" monitor and even worse on a 50" inch TV such as a high definition Plasma, so why bother?
>
>Don't tell me you have actual movies in this format. Anybody that uses RM for proper movies needs a check up from the neck up.

Like I said before, million of RM movies can not be ignored, moreover since some of the movies are currently avaiable only in RM format.

ashy  2003-09-15 18:09:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, lets just put this one to rest once and for all.
>Will RM (RealPlayer Movie) format be supported in future release?

Answer : NO, it's not going to be supported in future releases.

Better manner  2003-09-24 16:07:14 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, lets just put this one to rest once and for all.
>Will RM (RealPlayer Movie) format be supported in future release?

Answer : NO, it's not going to be supported in future releases.

>Big deal! Minion's response sounds more pleasing. Learn from him/her.

xjlcool  2003-09-24 16:12:25 ( ID:so4dxbw2pjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Better Manner, I think most of forum users would agree with you.

>Big deal! Minion's response sounds more pleasing. Learn from him/her.

ashy  2003-09-25 22:32:17 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL....why are you posting to your self xjlcool?

Do you often talk to yourself?

Question - TDA1 - TMPGENC DVD Author split video screen when editing No.48738
blade22  2003-09-11 16:47:12 ( ID:kgeuhulaj66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I record from a Super VHS VCR to my Panasonic DVD Recorder onto a DVD-RAM disc. I then take the DVD-RAM disc and put it into my Toshiba DVD-ROM in my computer to copy the video file (.VRO) to my hard-drive. I then use TMPGENC DVD Author to edit, create, and compile my DVD project. A random problem I'm encountering is that when I'm editing the .VRO, some parts of the video file appear with as a half screen on the editing screen. This happens randomly with different videos. When compiling my final project, the motion chapters appear as a split screen as well. What exactly is causing this and is there a solution to this problem? It is very irritating seeing my final project come out this way. Please let me know if anyone else has been able to resolve this problem. Is there a future fix coming out?

blade22

behemot  2003-10-13 10:11:24 ( ID:8m5hwrfvhvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try switching "Hybrid VBR Resolution" on your Panasonic recorder from Automatic to Fixed when recording RAMs for PC editing. That should solve your problem. See also:
bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tda&page=0#topic206

Question - TE25 - Bitrate No.39013
Bosh  2003-09-11 16:32:31 ( ID:0hq8fll0itl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is a good bitrate to set for a non-standard mpeg file? This must be based on the CD speed but how do they relate, is it 150K per speed of cd eg 16 speed is 16*150k 2400K

Does anyone know

ashy  2003-09-11 20:48:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What the heck are you talking about?
Why are you concerned about the speed of your CDROM drive (I assume this is to what you refer)?

Question - TE25 - Glenn No.39011
glennjo  2003-09-11 08:42:01 ( ID:at0ygnxhyen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble re-coding from a XVID encoded AVI, I can get Video Aspects ratio OK, but No sound at all, Any suggestions?
I'm using Latest 2.520.54.163..
Glenn

ashy  2003-09-11 20:49:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please search the board for a million answers to this tiring question.

Question - TDA1 - TMPGEnc settings No.48736
The Raven  Home )  2003-09-11 08:31:41 ( ID:/u1ghwd86.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the best settings in TMPGEnc to converd a AVI to MPEG2 so it can be used in TMPG DVD Author to burmn optimal DVD's

B_Racer  2003-09-13 00:35:35 ( ID:uglt.yfgnin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, anyone at home? That's the Board for TMPGEnc DVD Author.

And, there are no "best" settings. They do depent on the source.

Question - TE25 - AVI not supported No.39009
LG  2003-09-11 02:56:47 ( ID:feryvcevyij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question - TMPG close when starting to encode on XP No.38862
LG ( Mail ) 2003/08/31 (Sun) 03:56 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG is able to start up on my Windows XP system. However, when I trigger an encoding task, it simply close totally; not in the task manager at all. Any advice? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VideoGuy 09/02 (Tue) 10:58 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
I have experienced this problem before on a Win 2k machine. TMPGEnc is crashing most likely due to a codec problem. It might help if tried to reinstall the particular codec. If you post what codec your file is encoded with perhaps we could give a more specific answer.

VideoGuy

LG  2003-09-11 03:03:44 ( ID:feryvcevyij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry too fast with the button. I'm LG. I've followed some advices below. However, my avi file is still not recognised. I've used G-Spot to check out the avi format. It is OpenDML, so I promoted the OpenDML "Vfapi Plugins" to priority 2, still not working. Any other ideas?

Mike 09/01 (Mon) 10:53 ( ID:e98uccip2xo ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
Download http://new.softnews.ro/public/cat/11/2/7/11-2-7-13.shtml and run TMPGEnc again. I did work for me after installing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minion ( Mail ) 09/01 (Mon) 17:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w ) [ Edit / Delete / Reply with quotation ]
For this Error all you Usually have to do is go to "options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct show File Reader" to "2" ...This will Usually get Most AVI/Mpeg4 formats to load in Tmpgenc....Cheers

Bug report - TDA1 - AC3 Channels No.48733
MHC  2003-09-11 00:49:48 ( ID:7tdssgtou0f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem with the number of channels which TDA writes in the ifos of the final Disk.
My source files are all in Dolby Digital 5.1 when I make a DVD out of this files the Channel Number in the Video_Ts.ifo and the VTS_01.ifo are only 2. Some DVD Players have problems to play the full sound if the number of channels of the source isn't equal to the number of channels which is provided by the IFOs.

CU
MHC

9ral4f  2003-09-16 10:16:07 ( ID:p0pfv7jsvew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With TDA (unlike other home dvd authoring tools) it's possible to "mix" vids with different audio types - there may be tracks with ac3 5.1, ac3 2.0, LCPM and mp2 on *one* DVD. So IMHO there can't be a correct "global" channel number in VIDEO_TS.IFO, instead this is set in every track IFO (VTS_*.IFO).

I think any channel numbers found in VIDEO_TS.IFO set only the audio channels of menus.

9ral4f  2003-09-16 10:20:55 ( ID:p0pfv7jsvew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(continued)

On my system, all VTS_*.IFOs are ok; also my standalone displays the right audio info for each track.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.