Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 435 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 what do i do with the two DVD files Spamonrye 1 2003-08-21 03:47:10
Question TE25 What is the maximum mpeg1 bitrate? kuban 2 2003-08-20 14:08:14
Request TE25 I wonder if this feature would be a good idea AlecKara 9 2003-09-05 22:49:51
Question TDA1 Can *.tme files be edited (Menu Templates) grantman 4 2003-09-07 03:46:18
Question TE25 NO SOUND FUNDUM 1 2003-08-19 13:33:13
Question TE25 Scan line is out of range (260) pritesh2323 3 2003-08-19 21:28:56
Question TE25 Pc crashes or read error when encoding DT 6 2003-08-23 15:03:18
Question TE25 can not open " .wav " roland_mehl 2 2003-08-24 12:55:07
Question TE25 Same file always in "Video Source" Gary H 2 2003-08-17 20:36:25
Question TE25 DVD Covers AdonisXX 5 2003-10-09 02:24:50
Question TE25 Same file always in "Video Source" Gary H 1 2003-08-17 08:27:27
Question TE25 Bug- Batch Encoding v2.520 Tony Wong 1 2003-08-25 14:22:17

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 435 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - what do i do with the two DVD files No.38723
Spamonrye  2003-08-21 02:20:32 ( ID:ajp0l5sel5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After i decode a DIVX file to a DVD-R it gives me a mpv2 file and a wav file, how do I burn these to a DVD?

Minion  2003-08-21 03:47:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Need to Use a DVD authoring Program so you can set the Menu"s, Chapters and Titles..You can"t Just burn the Files to a DVD-R you have to set up the DVD"s Structure so that you can Navigate the DVD, Like with Retail DVD"s.But one thing you should do is Encode the Wav audio file to AC3 audio or even Mp2 audio because Wav takes up a LOT of Valuable Disk space that would be better used for Increasing the Video bitrate....There are LOT"s of DVD authoring Programs But I don"t think any of them are Free, The One I use often when I need to Make a Simple Basic DVD is one called "DVD-Lab" it is Really simple To Use and it will also let you author SVCD and VCD Files to DVD-R, you can Download a Fully Working 30 day Demo version here: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ ,And Of cource you can Use Tmpgenc DVD author which you can download By Clicking the Banner Below ,I personally like DVD Lab better, and there are a Bunch of Ulead DVD authoring Programs that you can download demo"s for at http://www.ulead.com/ ..and there are Many Many more...good Luck

Question - TE25 - What is the maximum mpeg1 bitrate? No.38720
kuban  Home )  2003-08-20 11:37:52 ( ID:.lrmhwyziyo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I just wanted to know, what is the maximum bitrate possible with mpeg1 format? Today I encoded 3000kbps, but my 10sec video seemed like 24sec in media player. If I don't exceed 1500kbps, everything is ok. To make my bitrate settings, I am text editing .mcf files.

kuban altan
inferno* artist
http://www.o2post.com/kuban

Yeppie  2003-08-20 12:33:15 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try keeping it between 400 and 2700 kbs. The maximum bitrate depends on how fast your CD-R spins in the player. The general max is about 2600 kbs I read somewhere. Keep this in mind if you want to exchange CD-R's with others.

If the bitrate
Forget about the time display in your DVD player. My DVD player never tells me the right time. I use modified MoleVCD mpeg1 templates. The Time display is always to slow. But who cares?

ashy  2003-08-20 14:08:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG1 bitrate for what?
There is no limit for MPEG1 itself, do you mean for VCD?
for VCD the limit in the standard is 1150kb/s, but this can be higher depending on your player.
As the previous poster pointed out it mostly depends how on the drive speed of your player. Here we are talking about set top DVD players.

Your PC should be having no trouble playing this MPEG unless you have a very slow machine. Besides media player is crap for MPEG1 and MPEG2 playback. You would be better advised to use a real MPEG player such as WinDVD which in my opinion is the best there is.

Why are you altering the bitrate with a text editor in the template?
It is much simpler to just change the bitrate in the program after loading the template.
Also when you raise the bitrate there are other factors to take into account too.

For instance a higer bitrate will need a higher VBV setting. You should set the VBV buffer to 112 not 40 as it is in the MPEG1 VCD standard.

Request - TE25 - I wonder if this feature would be a good idea No.38710
AlecKara  2003-08-19 22:51:07 ( ID:truugaj2adw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure where to post feature requests but anyway..

I have a lot of files on my computer that need to be encoded, and I don't have the time to leave the computer on continously to do it. I was wondering if there could be some sort of Pause option, or an external solution that provides one so that you could pause the encoding process, turn the computer off and then resume it later. It might not be possible but it would be handy for time consuming jobs with filters and when you are encoding with the highest quality motion search setting. For those non-urgent encodes, this option might make it more feasable to encode high quality movies.

Does it sound like a good idea? Is it possible?

ashy  2003-08-19 22:57:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can already be done in a roundabout way.
Click stop then hibernate your computer. When your computer resumes just cancel the abort and the encoding will continue.

AlecKara  2003-08-20 01:04:36 ( ID:truugaj2adw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If that method works I can't argue. I just thought the hibernation process might screw up the encoding, but if the abort dialog box pauses processing then that's good I guess.

Thanks

nok  2003-08-22 18:56:03 ( ID:nz/rkryx4oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What does "hibernate" mean and how should it be done?
Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker ;)

Thanks,

nok

Patrick Elliott  2003-08-22 20:06:53 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Nok. It means the machine is put into a standby state in which everything is still loaded, but it isn't doing anything. Most modern computers will do is and there are usually Sleep and Wake buttons to handle this. However, some of us find cats walking over them, accidentally pressing them or problems with some bit of hardware or software making the use of this feature a bit of an annoyance. And of course, older machines can't do it anyway.

Imho, programs like TMPGEnc should never rely on the machine having a feature to do this sort of thing. It might work, but it isn't certain or even available for 'everyone'.

nok  2003-08-23 12:25:41 ( ID:slojngrrb/. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I understand ...

And yes, a pause or stop/resume rendering function would be very helpful!

Just imagine you want to scan your pc for new viruses and worms, restart the
system, etc and then resume mpeg encoding where it stopped before.

nok

ashy  2003-08-23 14:14:34 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Well Nok. It means the machine is put into a standby state in which everything is still loaded, but it isn't doing anything. Most modern computers will do is and there are usually Sleep and Wake buttons to handle this. However, some of us find cats walking over them, accidentally pressing them or problems with some bit of hardware or software making the use of this feature a bit of an annoyance. And of course, older machines can't do it anyway.

NO. This NOT what hibernate means.
Hibernating your machine and putting it into standby are different actions.
When you hibernate your PC everything that was in memory at the time is stored on to the hard disk then the PC shuts down NOT go into sleep mode, so it can't be activated by your cat unless it knows how to boot your machine up.

When the machine is booted the exact state of the machine will be resumed prior to the computer shutdown.

This option is available on most machines which aren't archaiclly old and have the required BIOS and with operating systems Windows Me, XP, 2000. You should find the option under Power option in the Control panel.

If it;s not there it could be because one of your hardware devices is preventing it. Maybe a modem, usually the wave driver serwave.vxd. Look in NOHIBER.txt for info and disable that device.

Patrick Elliott  2003-08-24 22:32:57 ( ID:/sanejxoubg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry Ashy. Didn't know this distinction. It sort of makes the stupid Sleep/Wake buttons even more useless though.. In any case, having to disable some bit of hardware to use it is not user friendly. If someone had to use that Technique to generate an image in something like POVRay, no one would use it. Like with AlexKara's situation, thing done in it can take a long time. Sometimes a 'single' frame can take hours to generate if it uses radiosity and a lot of reflecting and refracting objects. A less 'roundabout' way would be a lot more useful in my opinion.

aleckara  2003-09-04 09:35:23 ( ID:truugaj2adw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess I'm glad that the feature seems like a good idea. Also hibernation has a lot of problems even with the new systems so I figured it would be a good idea (considering how buggy it can sometimes be).

A less roundabout way would be a better alternative :)

ashy  2003-09-05 22:49:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree hibernation can be buggy on some systems or should I say just tempermental. In earlier days when I had Windows ME instead of XP the hibernate tab would sometimes just disappear which meant I usually had to alter something in the registry to get it back, but I can't quite remember what now.

Question - TDA1 - Can *.tme files be edited (Menu Templates) No.48698
grantman  2003-08-19 19:26:05 ( ID:hrpwoigjflf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The menu templates appear to be stored in *.tme files located in the "templates" subdirectory within the DVD Author directory.

I have opened these files in a text editor but I could not edit them with any success.

Can these files be edited? What is used to create the inital menu templates? Once a few more examples are available it will help eliminate the biggest complaint with this program... the menu choices are terrible.

I do like the program compared to others... I just need different menu choices.

Grantman

B_Racer  2003-08-24 12:04:36 ( ID:f0tdjnbzg.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunatly, there's no Editor for the Templates now.

B_Racer  2003-08-28 08:40:04 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, now there IS an Editor for the Templates. :)

Eldude73  2003-09-07 01:46:55 ( ID:egvuoatuxlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So will you be posting a link or giving a URL to the editor??

Bodyslide  2003-09-07 03:46:18 ( ID:fw9sde9qbrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New Version 1.5 has a menu editor....

Question - TE25 - NO SOUND No.38708
FUNDUM  2003-08-19 13:29:55 ( ID:a1jlzpjuqfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi how come im getting no sound on any of my avi's that im trying to put into mpeg when i go to source range there are no spikes on the audio line anywhere?. But i can play the avi perfect any clues?
Thanks

B_Racer  2003-08-19 13:33:13 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bet, the AVIs are using Sound-Formats TMPGEnc can not decode.
You can try to raise to Priority of the DirectShow VFAPI-PlugIn in TMPGEnc. An other Way ist to use VirtualDubMOD to decode the Audio-Part to WAV first.

Question - TE25 - Scan line is out of range (260) No.38704
pritesh2323  2003-08-17 18:05:58 ( ID:9lcuixyntfh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im trying to convert a movie from avi to vcd. At 8% I get scan line is out of range (260). anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Minion  2003-08-17 22:19:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is Caused by an error in your AVI file, Usually a Corrupted Frame(s), It is Very Common with files Downloaded off of the Net, There is No gaurantee that you will be able to fix the file but you can try, You can try a program like "divX Fix" or "DivX Anti-Freeze" or you can try Useing Virtual Dub to scan for errors then make a Direct stream Copy of the File and the errors should be masked but it doesn"t allways work....good Luck

pritesh2323  2003-08-19 00:48:01 ( ID:9lcuixyntfh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont think the frames are broken cause i can play the file fine in my windows media player.

Minion  2003-08-19 21:28:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That Doesn"t Matter, Media Players are Made to Skim over errors But an encoder has to analize each and every Frame and if even one of those frames has an error in it the Encoder will error out...This error gets Posted Quite often here so I know that is what your Problem is....

Question - TE25 - Pc crashes or read error when encoding No.38697
DT  2003-08-17 16:46:50 ( ID:324slbrnycn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I encode anything that takes more than about 5 minutes to encode I get read errors or the pc re-boots. I have used TMPG for for the past year with no problems until about a month ago.

I have even formatted my hard drive and re-installed and still get read errors or the pc shutting down and reveiving the message 'your system is recovering from a serious error' the error message it then sends microsoft is to do with :

C:WINDOWSMinidumpMini081802-02.dmp
C:DOCUME~1MRTOWN~1LOCALS~1TempWER1.tmp.dir00sysdata.xml

Anyone have any ideas ?

At the minute i am getting around this by encoding small parts of files at a time but this is an real inconvenience. I am running on XP and Athlon 2.4 with 1024 DDR ram.

Minion  2003-08-19 22:32:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Don"t know exactly what your Problem is, But there are a Few things you can try ,First make sure your Hard drive is allways Defragmented, and go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and Make sure that the "SSE-2" Box is NOT Checked as Athlons CPU"s do not properly support the SSE-2 Optimization ..and Make sure you have a Lot of space on the Drive were the mpeg file will be encoded to..And make sure that you aren"t only getting this error with a Particular file you are trying to encode, Try a Bunch of files and see if you get the problem with every file, and if all else fails you can allways use a Different mpeg encoder, for Mpeg1 encodeing I would sugest useing MainConcept Encoder or Canopus Procoder and for Mpeg2 I would sugest CCE SP 2.67...good Luck

DT  2003-08-20 19:56:47 ( ID:.2apoxaaj96 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

C:DOCUME~1MRTOWN~1LOCALS~1TempWER9.tmp.dir00appcompat.txt

AppName: tmpgenc.exe AppVer: 2.520.54.163 ModName: wmvcore.dll
ModVer: 9.0.0.2980 Offset: 0003a40c

I just got this error as well, and in the error report it said that the system used was windows NT 5.1 ? is this what my pc thinks its running ? if it is no wonder I am getting errors as i am on XP

Minion  2003-08-20 20:47:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of file were you encodeing in Tmpgenc when you got this error?? Was it a WMV File?? and No your PC doesn"t think it is Running Win NT 5.1, I get simular errors at times mentioning Win NT, I think it is because Win XP is Based on Win NT....

DT  2003-08-21 13:43:10 ( ID:pu8ecgiw5ur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, it was a WMV file.

But i normally encode form AVI or mpg tp VCD and always get read errors when encoding for longer than about 5 minutes at a time. I have the output file just going to my C drive which always has about 50 gig spare. Could it be creating a temporary file that that is bigger than some settings allows ?

Also when you said about the options enviromental settings, do you now were they are in XP.

Could this type of thing be being caused by a cloash between amd, xp and ndivia drivers as some people have said this can happen ?

Minion  2003-08-21 20:55:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Settings I told you in the Enviromental settings are for Every Windows, These settings are In Tmpgenc so they are the same For every one, I suppose that your Nvidia Drivers could be a Problem But I have No first hand Knowlege in this department ..If all else Fails you can allways Use a Different encoder, there are a few that will Produce simular Quality as Tmpgenc and Most are Much faster at encodeing, If you are doing Mpeg1 VCD I would sugest useing the "Mainconcept Encoder" and For Mpeg i would sugest CinemaCraft encoder SP 2.67 , it is a Better encoder for Mpeg2 that tmpgenc But it is More complicated to use...Cheers

ashy  2003-08-23 15:03:18 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>C:DOCUME~1MRTOWN~1LOCALS~1TempWER9.tmp.dir00appcompat.txt

AppName: tmpgenc.exe AppVer: 2.520.54.163 ModName: wmvcore.dll
ModVer: 9.0.0.2980 Offset: 0003a40c

I just got this error as well, and in the error report it said that the system used was windows NT 5.1 ? is this what my pc thinks its running ? if it is no wonder I am getting errors as i am on XP

NT 5.1 is Windows XP. NT 5.1 is the core of Windows XP.

Search your PC for sysdata.xml and open it and look for the the error which is causing the problem.
Also make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your Motherboard.
I doubt it has anything to do with the NVIDIA drivers, but AMD processor sytems are renowned for these types of problems.

Question - TE25 - can not open " .wav " No.38694
roland_mehl  2003-08-17 12:41:23 ( ID:nztb0jcosbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to make a System MPEG2 with a bitmap sequence and a .wav file. (Exported from Blade2.2) After pressing Start, I got the error message: "output.wav" Can Not Open Or Unsupported. Tried the tip with raising Vfapi Plugins priority but it did not work.
The .wav is 48KHz, 16Bit Stereo, PCM Audio.

TIA,

Roland

BTW, does anybody knows about the MPEG2 codec, Blade (from in-sync) is using?
In the Blade directory are 3 TMPGlib*.dll files. Sounds a little like our favorite encoder. Unfortunately, the MPEG2 settings in Blade itself are very limited.
Is it possible to change some parameters (quality, 4:2:2) there somehow?

Minion  2003-08-19 21:31:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Just use something else to encode the audio, The Audio encoder in Tmpgenc is Not that Good so you will get better results if you used a different audio encoder then you just have to mux the audio with the encoded video with the Multiplexor...

ashy  2003-08-24 12:55:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is probably an error in the header of the wav file. This seems to happen with some programs and some programs will accept it and others won't.
The simple way to correct it is to re-ecode it to another wav with something like Dbpoweramp or Winamp then reload into TMPG.

Question - TE25 - Same file always in "Video Source" No.38691
Gary H  2003-08-17 06:43:34 ( ID:.zt3cke8nqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I start the program, the same Video source file is always loaded.
How can I have the program start with video and audio source being blank?
I didn't have this problem with the previous version.

ashy  2003-08-17 11:10:56 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you are kidding yourself. TMPG has always done this. The only way to get rid of it is delete configuration file in the TMPG folder which stores all the info for the settings.
What is the problem anyway, what difference does it make?

yeppie  2003-08-17 20:36:25 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only if your source was a cdrom. Blank the lines -> options -> set current project as default.

Question - TE25 - DVD Covers No.38685
AdonisXX  2003-08-17 06:17:27 ( ID:l6kfunnawgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Guys, do anyone know where you can download dvd covers, the whole cover, front, back and spline? I mean covers for original dvd's.

Thanks guys!

ashy  2003-08-17 11:13:54 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The biggest and best.
http://www.cdcovers.cc/

AdonisXX  2003-08-17 23:35:09 ( ID:fntzcue2kz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Alot Ash!

jdacunha  2003-08-18 01:18:42 ( ID:gadl.4lgc7f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also check DVDcoverart.com for special ones...

AdonisXX  2003-08-19 07:05:44 ( ID:fntzcue2kz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks jdacunha

runningman  2003-10-09 02:24:50 ( ID:r7s8eflde8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also try http://www.coverkingdom.net/covers.php

Question - TE25 - Same file always in "Video Source" No.38683
Gary H  2003-08-17 05:50:23 ( ID:.zt3cke8nqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I start the program, the same Video source file is always loaded.
How can I have the program start with video and audio source being blank?
I didn't have this problem with the previous version.

Sakuya  2003-08-17 08:27:27 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Um...is this really that important? Maybe you can delete what's written in the fields or replace it with the file that you want to convert?

Question - TE25 - Bug- Batch Encoding v2.520 No.38681
Tony Wong  2003-08-16 07:21:40 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When re-encoding a batch of mpeg files, if you delete the completed files from the list, the current file being encoded will have an error and abort. v2.513 and below did not have this problem.

onyx_z  2003-08-25 14:22:17 ( ID:ov5lx2zhxar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Tony Wong ( Mail ) 2003/08/16 (Sat) 01:21 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato ) [ Edit / Delete / >Reply with quotation ]

>When re-encoding a batch of mpeg files, if you delete the completed files from >the list, the current file being encoded will have an error and abort. v2.513 >and below did not have this problem.

Worse than this, EVERY time I try to run Batch encoding for a bunch of SVCD MPG2 files, it crashes after each and every one. Never did this in earlier versions. Just to make sure I went back to the previous version and tried to run the same Batch encode, and it worked perfectly fine. Something in 2.520 is totally broken with Batch encoding.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.