Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 428 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 help removing bad frames kerberos 1 2003-09-10 21:29:14
Bug report TDA1 Problems creating DVD from mpeg (vcd) Zack 4 2004-01-18 23:30:27
Question TE25 i cant get sound dustin 1 2003-09-10 21:27:18
Question TE25 Best setting for The Simpsons Divx 14 2003-09-15 00:49:50
Question TE25 Tmpeg disappears after encoding one file samora 0 2003-09-09 09:48:42
Question TDA1 Panan E30 an mini dv problem Trevor S 1 2003-10-13 10:15:55
Question TE25 problem converting jovviivi 4 2003-09-10 07:29:13
Question TDA1 AVI to MPG (SVCD) No Audio Inferno 1 2003-09-13 00:33:51
Question TE25 Batch Encode Fails after 1 coding sastiga 0 2003-09-09 04:06:50
Question TE25 Strange Movie Conversion Sakuya 8 2003-09-13 12:16:18
Question TE25 Batch Encode Fails after 1 coding sastiga 0 2003-09-09 03:53:32
Question TE25 Got the single mpg file - now what? Kieron 2 2003-09-09 10:40:33

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 428 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - help removing bad frames No.39007
kerberos  2003-09-10 18:04:29 ( ID:k1nk4yg0pq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any to remove bad frames from an mpeg with tmpgenc?

Minion  2003-09-10 21:29:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to remove Bad Frames from a Mpeg file you will probably need a Frame accurate Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR, But be warned that Bad Fames in a Mpeg file can Mean the whole file is Corrupted....

Bug report - TDA1 - Problems creating DVD from mpeg (vcd) No.48728
Zack  2003-09-10 13:10:07 ( ID:1vegfxlobph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having trouble making a DVD from mpeg files (in vcd format). I'm using the version 1.5.13.44.

The mpeg plays fine in Media Player, but there is a small "glitch" (looks like a few frames are "skipped").

In 'Chapter Cut Edit' there is no thumbnails of the frames after this "glitch" for several minutes. As a result the .vob file is only 90 MB instead of 440 MB (the video stops at the "glitch").

Does anyone have any suggestions what I could do to solve this?

I tried converting a couple of other mpegs (vcd) to DVD and they worked fine. Is TMPGEnc DVD Author really this "picky" about errors in the mpeg?

Mithrandir  2003-09-13 20:30:30 ( ID:mqe/us6mgvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have the exact same problem, VCD plays fine in powerdvd etc, cant get the mpeg into the dvd pack..im currently recoding the mpg with tmpgenc, to see if i can use the recoded file..ill keep u posted :) (has quality loss though..)

Mithrandir  2003-09-13 21:34:16 ( ID:mqe/us6mgvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

k dude, it worked, recoded a .mpg to the same format it was originally, and the file worked...does have a bit of quality loss, but at least u could finish your dvd :) (if u have 10 episodes on a dvd for example. ) Talking about making a backup ofcourse.. :)

michaelb79  2003-11-12 20:04:36 ( ID:/tykn26zqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you wish to use the vcd files. Use Isobuster (freeware) to extract the vcd files to mpg. TMPGEnc DVD will only need to re-encode the audio to 48000Hz.
Worked fine for me.

Ruud  2004-01-18 23:30:27 ( ID:fvjijmttp1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to convert a file from VCD, that could be OK. But I think it's not necessary. Remember, a VCD-file is not really an MPEG-file. It's a DAT-file, which can be interpreted as an MPEG. But the header is not correct for MPEG; it's a RIFF-header. All you have to do is change this header. Could be done with VCDEasy. I had this problem with the "Cure Show"-VCD. Works fine now on DVD.

Question - TE25 - i cant get sound No.39005
dustin  2003-09-10 05:36:34 ( ID:qugthtym.wo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to make an .AVI to a compressed MPEG but for some reason i cant get sound, if anyone can help that would be great!

Minion  2003-09-10 21:27:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is Probably because your AVI file has an audio format that is Not supported By Tmpgenc(VBR Mp3 or AC3) you will have to extract the audio from your AVI file to Wav format and use the Wav file as your Audio source....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Best setting for The Simpsons No.38990
Divx  2003-09-10 04:36:09 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me what would the best setting be for incoding the Simpsons for DVD's. I want to dump as many episodes as I can on one DVD.

I currently do it at min 1700 max 4000 @70% CQ bit rate.
720x480

Any thoughts?

Minion  2003-09-10 21:25:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Trying to get as Many episodes on a DVD then you should use the SIF DVD Standard and NOT the Full D1 standard..The SIF standard calls for a Resolution of 352+240 and Mpeg1 but you can also use Mpeg2 which is what I use and it produces better Quality...you can set the Bitrate to say 1000kbs Minimun and 3000kbs Max with 75 Quality and you should be able to get 6+ hours on a single DVD-R with Fairly good Quality depending on the quality of your Source files have..I use this Method for Backing up DVD"s that I don"t want to waste a Whole DVD-R on and Have gotten up to 4 full Movies on a DVD-R useing this Method with Surpriseingly good Quality...Cheers

DivX  2003-09-10 21:56:07 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I find the Sif standard settings?

Do I just use the basic DVD profile and make the changes you listed?

Thanks

divx  2003-09-11 01:48:06 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you advising me to use DVD lowres as listed on the menu?

If so what changes should I make and what audio std should I use?

Thanks,

Minion  2003-09-11 01:59:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just Make your Own profile, But you can"t use the Wizard for this, Just close the Wizard and click the "load" Button and Navigate into the "templates" folder to the "Extra" folder and load the "unlock.mfc" template ,now all of the Setting will be unlocked and you can set the to whatever you want, first set it to "Mpeg2"and Set the Resolution to 352+240 set the Bitrate to Constant Quality and 1000kbs Minimum and 3000kbs max and 75% Quality, set the DC precition to 10 ,and the "Motion Precition Search" to "High Quality" and make sure the Audio is set to 48000hz and encode like Normal, it should be Much Quicker than usual encodeing cuz of the Lower resolution..The Only DVD authoring Program I have used to Author SIF DVD"s is one Called "DVD-Lab" so I don"t know What other DVD authoring Programs will author this Format,You can download a 30 Day fully working demo here: http://www.mediachance.com/download.htm ...

Cheers

PS: This method works best when your Source files are of Really high Quality...

divx  2003-09-12 00:26:28 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmmm, no sound?

Quality is not so good. What should I adjust to improve it a bit?

Minion  2003-09-12 01:50:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the Source of the Files you are Encodeing?? Are they from a DVD or are they Captured off of a TV Card?? I only use this Method When I have the Highest Quality source files which are usually From DVD"s if they are DivX Files downloaded off of the Net then The Quality will Probably not be as Good as you never know how the Files were made in the First Place, and if the AVI Files are of a Low Resolution allready then that will also hinder the Quality...Since I know nothing about your Source files it is Hard to give you the best advice..If the Quality isn"t as good as you like then Raise the Resolution to 352 X 480 (This is called the Half D1 standard)and the Max bitrate up to 5000kbs and the Minimum to 1750kbs, this will increase the Quality probably 100% but it will also increase the File size and the Files will look a Little Wierd on your Monitor but on a TV they Loog Normal and they Get resized when displayed on your TV..If you files have a Little Noise or the Picture is Blurry or whatever you can use the Filters in the Advanced settings to clean up the Images..I think these are Probably DivX avi files cuz you say that you don"t have any Audio in your Mpeg file, This is because the Audio in your AVI files is Probably of a Format that is not supported By Tmpgenc like VBR Mp3 or AC3 audio, what you will need to do is extract the audio from your AVI files to WAV format, there are a Few ways to do this depending on what type of audio is in your AVI file, You should download a Program called "Virtual Dub" it can extract the audio from AVI files, If the Audio is "VBR Mp3" Virtual Dub will give you a warning,so to extract the audio you load in your AVI file and then set the "Audio" setting to "Full Proscessing Mode" and set "Compression" to None then go to "File" to "Save as WAV" and Give the File a Name and it will extract the audio to a Wav file that you can use in Tmpgenc as the Audio source, If the Audio in your AVI is AC3 it is a Bit more Complicated, to tell if the Audio is AC3 load the File in and go to "File" to "File Information" and under the audio format it will say "Unknown" and/Or "Tag2000"..I doubt it is AC3 so I woun"t explain how to extract it, But if it is let me know and I"ll tell you how...Cheers

Mr  2003-09-12 17:39:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey dont' take this the wrong way, but your replies need some serious proofing.
Your sentences contain no structure and paragraphs just don't exist. It's like tring to decipher ancient hieroglyphics reading your posts.

About halfway through it becomes tedious and boring trying to make sense of it all. Have you never heard of grammar. It gives me a headache just looking at it never mind even attempting to read it.
Is it some sort of speed typing attempt record or what?

Trying to work out some of the technical jargon in your replies is bad enough for a newbie never mind trying to decrypt and unscramble the message as well.

Think about the person reading your replies and give them some sort of order and structure in future instead of producing an illiterate mess.
I'm sure you are more intelligent than that, but it doesn't show in your posts at all.

Minion  2003-09-12 22:38:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well In the Time I have been here You are the only person who has had any problems Understanding what I have to say so Maybe the Problem isn"t My Grammar But your Lack of understanding ???

Dmurray  2003-09-13 02:06:00 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have no problem understadning your answer. After all, it is a forum for helping the less knowledgeable...not for grammar contest.

I have the same problem with audio and the wav file is AC3. Can you tell me how to convert it to a format that TMPGEnc can use.

Thanks

Minion  2003-09-13 04:08:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you have an AVI file that Has AC3 audio and you want it in a Format that Tmpgenc can use Like Wav..
Firstly if you are Makeing a DVD you will want to Keep the Audio as AC3 cuz this is the best format for DVD..To Properly Extract the AC3 from an AVI file you will Need a Few Tools,
One is Virtual Dub which will extract the audio(http://www.virtualdub.org/) you will need a Program called "beSliced"(http://dspguru.notrace.dk/BeSlicedv0.2.zip) this will Fix the header on the Extracted audio so it can be converted,and you will need something to convert to Wav "PX3",(http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/px3conv_004.zip)..
So first load your AVI file into Virtual Dub, now under "Audio" select "Direct Stream Copy" now under "File" go to "Save as Wav" then give the File a Name and save it..
Now you will have a Wav file, But it isn"t a real WAV file, it is really just a AC3 file with a Wav header so rename the Wav file to from "file-name.wav" to "file-name.ac3"
Now this AC3 file has a Wav header that needs to be fixed, so open up and Run "BeSliced" a Little window will open up, now Drag and Drop the
"file-name.ac3" file on to the little window and choose "Fix"..after it has finnished doing it"s thing there will be a File named "file-name_Fixed01.ac3" this is a Real AC3 file so if you want to make a DVD then you would use this File as the audio in your DVD authoring Program, but if not then now you have to convert the AC3 file to Wav..Open up "PX3Convert.exe" and Load the Ac3 file into it and click "Start Convert" and in a Few Minutes you will have a Wav file that you can use as the Audio source in Tmpgenc..There are Other methods that aren"t as Complicated But this seems the Most reliable....Cheers

PS: But before you do anything first install this "http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip"
after installing this Try encodeing your AVI file in Tmpgenc Just to test to see if you get audio as This little Filter has worked before to get Tmpgenc to encode AVI files with AC3 audio..

ashy  2003-09-13 10:34:05 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>PS: But before you do anything first install this "http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip"
after installing this Try encodeing your AVI file in Tmpgenc Just to test to see if you get audio as This little Filter has worked before to get Tmpgenc to encode AVI files with AC3 audio..

Yes, but make sure you either raise the priority of the 'VFW' filter in the VFAPI plugins to higher than the 'Directshow' filter or just disable 'Directshow' altogether.

ashy  2003-09-13 10:41:12 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is another really easy method with AVIMUX04, but for some reason some people can't even work out how to use it even though it is sooo simple, so I will post this method instead.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/160649.php

Dmurray  2003-09-14 05:32:35 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AC-3 DCM Decompressor works for me. I do not have to do anything else...problably lucky to have correct settings already. I am happy and you are champs.

Minion  2003-09-15 00:49:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great you go the AC3 ACM decompressor to Work, I still haven"t Quite gotten it to work on my system yet, I keep getting an error like "Could not initiate Same rate converter" But I have gotten it to work with CCE..But I"m really glad you got it to work as it saves a Lot of Trouble....cheers

Question - TE25 - Tmpeg disappears after encoding one file No.38989
samora  2003-09-09 09:48:42 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpeg seems to close itself automatically after encoding any file.
Does anyone face the same problem.

Question - TDA1 - Panan E30 an mini dv problem No.48726
Trevor S  2003-09-09 09:16:07 ( ID:yy0ncampghr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recorded some footage to -RAM via s-video from my borther-in-laws Panasonic MX 350 mini DV. When trying to import it into TMPGEnc DVD Author from -RAM it comes up with an error message saying I have "A mix of different video formats" and to bad, how sad, your stuffed and stops there with this fatal error message

It was all recorded as 4:3 on the mini DV, the recorded on SP mode on the Pana E30 via s-video on AV-3...

Any suggestions ????

behemot  2003-10-13 10:15:55 ( ID:8m5hwrfvhvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trevor, see bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tda&page=0#topic206

Question - TE25 - problem converting No.38984
jovviivi  2003-09-09 08:31:45 ( ID:wobfv4prffg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got a problem converting an avi 15 fps file into a mpeg-1
when converting the screen in the middle of tmpgenc is blank and after
converting the file plays with sound and no picture
can somebody help me !!!!!!!!!

Minion  2003-09-09 21:51:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can Probably fix this By going to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"...This usually works if you have the Right codec installed....

wayneyboy5  2003-09-09 22:03:49 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After raising the priority it is stating "cant load"P3Package.dll" what can i do now

Minion  2003-09-10 00:20:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must have done something else cuz the "P3P Package.dll" error is Caused from Not haveing all of the Tmpgenc Files in the Same Folder, There is Absolutly no way that raiseing the Direct show Priority will cause this error...Have you Maybe taken the Main EXE File out of the Tmpgenc Folder and Put it on your Desktop as a ShortCut?? or have all of the Tmpgenc files just sitting on your Desktop?? cuz this is the Only way that this error occurs...

wayneyboy5  2003-09-10 07:29:13 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks that seems to have been the problem - much appreciated

Question - TDA1 - AVI to MPG (SVCD) No Audio No.48724
Inferno  2003-09-09 04:09:31 ( ID:w1zkarp6xbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I encode an AVI file to MPG (SVD) format I get a video, but no audio. I have all of the codecs to play AVI and MPG, divix, and xvid so I don't think it's a codec problem.

B_Racer  2003-09-13 00:33:51 ( ID:uglt.yfgnin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, that's not the Board for TMPGEnc-Questions...!

OK, you have to convert the Audio-Stream to WAV first. VirutalDubMOD and/or BeSweet can do this.

Question - TE25 - Batch Encode Fails after 1 coding No.38983
sastiga  2003-09-09 04:06:50 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using the TmpegBatchList V3.0 to create a batch file (*.tbe).I convert more than thirty files at once therfore using the conventional method of "save project" & "add current project to batch list" would not be useful.

I have been using TmpegBatchList V3.0 for almost 4 months without any problems.
But just recently when i used TmpegBatchList V3.0 to create the batch file and load them to TmpgEnc V2.520, the program closes automatically after the first encoding is over.

I have tried to select all files(Cntrl A) and the click 'run' but it does'nt work.

Pls advise.

Question - TE25 - Strange Movie Conversion No.38974
Sakuya  2003-09-09 04:04:00 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I downloaded this movie where the size was not given. So it took me several weeks to download. Now it's finally finished and what do I find!? A movie that's sized 320x240 with a mono audio track! :( It's in widescreen though. So, do most DVD players play that size? I don't want to stretch it back to 352x240 because that would lose a lot of quality. Also, with the mono audio, can I make it stereo? Please help!

Minion  2003-09-09 06:42:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you want to make a VCD you will have to Stretch it to 352+240 But that is not that much of a Stretch and you would loose little or no Quality stretching the Resolution that Much (It"s only 10%)..Pluss the File is Probably Progressive which handles Upsizeing much better than Interlaced Files to when Up-sizeing the Resolution..And you can Make your Audio psudo sterio, You would Probably get the Best results useing a Good Audio editor like Sound Forge and make a mix it so that the same mono track is comeing out of Both audio Chanells, I think Tmpgenc Might do this also if you Just the set audio settings to Sterio but you might want to test it first..Wow several weeks to get just one file, You really must have wanted it really badly?? Good Luck

Sakuya  2003-09-10 03:35:01 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, in the middle, I moved and I couldn't get my computer installed for several days. Anyway, would it work with a 320x240 for an XVCD?

Minion  2003-09-10 03:54:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Probably not, 320+240 doesn"t conform to any Broadcast format and DVD Players are Not made to play that resolution, And either are TV"s..320+240 is the resolution used for internet streaming, You can Try it but I don"t not think it will Play properly on your TV...If you really have an avertion to resizeing the Image you can allways add a 16 Pixel boarder on the Left and Right sides that way you do not resize but also have a 352+240 image and Most of the Boarder won"t be visible cuz of your TV"s Overscan will Mask most if not all of it....Good Luck

Sakuya  2003-09-11 03:38:48 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ooh! Thanks! I can do that. :)

ashy  2003-09-11 23:42:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a chance that this MPEG may play OK as it is. The MPEG is actually using a ratio of 1.33.1 which is in fact a 4:3 ratio. It will depend on your player how it handles the file, but I'd say you have a good chance if you don't have a strict player.

As for the audio, if the mono audio is already coming out of both left and right channels then there is no point in altering the audio, you won't be able to acheive stereo anyway.

ashy  2003-09-11 23:49:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to mention that to use the 320x240 MPEG it should be NTSC format.

Sakuya  2003-09-13 08:58:04 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll make test discs as soon as I install my speakers and my DVD player. Anyway, why should I add a 16 pixel border? Shouldn't it be 32?

ashy  2003-09-13 12:16:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, because 16 + 16 = 32 and 320 + 32 = 352.

Question - TE25 - Batch Encode Fails after 1 coding No.38973
sastiga  2003-09-09 03:53:32 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using the TmpegBatchList V3.0 to create a batch file (*.tbe).I convert more than thirty files at once therfore using the conventional method of "save project" & "add current project to batch list" would not be useful.

I have been using TmpegBatchList V3.0 for almost 4 months without any problems.
But just recently when i used TmpegBatchList V3.0 to create the batch file and load them to TmpgEnc V2.520, the program closes automatically after the first encoding is over.

I have tried to select all files(Cntrl A) and the click 'run' but it does'nt work.

Pls advise.

Question - TE25 - Got the single mpg file - now what? No.38970
Kieron  2003-09-09 02:01:51 ( ID:vmnfe2rvptj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have converted an avi to a single mpg file and now I want to burn it to dvd so I can play it in my standalone machine....

How do you do this?

Minion  2003-09-09 02:23:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK...Usually when makeing a DVD you should have 2 files an Audio File and a Video file but if you have the audio and Video together in one File then that is OK I guess...To get your Movie on a DVD you need a DVD authoring Program, You can use Many Different Programs to Do this, The only free one I know is "IFO Edit" but it is a Little Complicated to use But there is a post By Ashy with a Link to the Program and a link to Instructions a Quite few Posts down...I use any Number of DVD authoring Programs depending on how Complex of a DVD I want to make...You can Make Basic DVD"s Pretty easilly use "Tmpgenc DVD author" you can download a 30 day Demo by Clicking the Banner Below...When Makeing a Basic DVD with Just a Few Menu"s and a Scene selection and Chapters I use a DVD authoring Program called "DVD-Lab" it is Fairly inexpensive compared to other Authoring Programs(They can run in the Thousands of Dollars) and you can also get a Demo from "http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/" This Program also lets you Burn SVCD"s to DVD and use the SIF DVD Format which will let you get up to 4+ movies on a DVD..There are Many other Ones but I find DVD Lab the Very easiest to use.....Cheers

Kieron  2003-09-09 10:40:33 ( ID:vmnfe2rvptj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many thanks for the detailed answer. All the best!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.