Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 514 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc can't open *.m2v files after appliing Power DVD XP patch Fred 2 2003-03-25 22:42:00
Question TE25 Problems Recognizing a file Fkncrzy99 1 2003-03-20 10:03:13
Request TE25 MPEG-2 Encoding Has Expired fease 1 2003-03-20 03:49:53
Question TE25 I KEEP GETTING "ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM" Richard Rivera 1 2003-03-20 03:47:29
Question TE25 .wmv and DVD Studio Pro for the Macintosh Bryan 5 2003-03-20 12:11:32
Question TE25 Smaller file-size Jorgo 1 2003-03-19 16:44:21
Question TE25 No Sound - Dvix4 to MPEG Brent 1 2003-03-19 22:32:08
Question TE25 doesnt recognize d2v file minolt 1 2003-03-19 22:29:10
Question TE25 avi to mpg1 file size xl 1 2003-03-19 18:48:29
Question TE25 avi to mpeg xumoe 4 2003-03-21 15:57:25
Question TE25 sound WAY out of sinc vicky 1 2003-03-19 04:27:50
Question TE25 I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together Shaggy 1 2003-03-18 23:55:45

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 514 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc can't open *.m2v files after appliing Power DVD XP patch No.35640
Fred  2003-03-20 09:00:29 ( ID:v8aquhvkazg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I've TMPGENC free last version and PowerDVD XP installed.
Until now it was no problem to open a *.m2v file to resample it.
But afer I applied the latest patch for Power DVD, TMPGEnc says that it cannot open *.m2v files !
What can I do ?
I've tried to reinstall both software and before I install the patch, it's ok but after, the same error !
Please help me !
--
Fred

minion  2003-03-21 20:45:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know what the problem is accept that something is Blocking the Mpeg2 decoder from working Properly but you can easily encode any Mpeg2 file with Tmpgenc if you use DVD2AVI to make a D2V project File, this way is Faster anyways and I allways get Better results useing DVD2AVI...

Nobody  2003-03-25 22:42:00 ( ID:jpsh2mo4l5m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using Windows xp? You can try this workaround. Open PowerDVD xp and play any mpeg2 file. Pause it and then open TMPG. You should now be able to decode the file under TMPG. Hope this works for you. Happy encoding.

-Nobody-

Question - TE25 - Problems Recognizing a file No.35638
Fkncrzy99  2003-03-20 08:08:55 ( ID:cbrqqrzr.cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey there, i hope someone can help me! I just started using this program and am pretty good with most programs and i cant figure this one out......i am trying to change an mpeg 2 .VOB file to a mpeg1 or 2 to go on a vcd or svcd. I have have some success with the trailer from the movie driven and i cant seem to get any other vob's except ones off that disk to work... i checked to see if the audio and video streams were the same and they were, the vob before conversion works just fine in power dvd for and vob i have saved..... Can someone send me any ideas they have about this problem? when i load the vob for the trailer of for example coyote it says its one second long but its supposed to be two minutes of so.

Ashy  2003-03-20 10:03:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, you don't seem to have a clue about VOB files.

You cannot just copy a VOB directly off a disk to your hard drive or load it directly into TMPG. VOBs contain many streams which TMPG can't handle.

You have to use a program such as Smartripper to decrypt the VOBs first to your hard drive then load the VOBs into DVD2AVI and create a d2V project file and a Wav then just load both into TMPG.

I think you are going to need more help so go here www.DVDrhelp.com for more info.

ASHY

Request - TE25 - MPEG-2 Encoding Has Expired No.35636
fease  2003-03-20 02:27:26 ( ID:7qymblqr6ko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded free version of TMPGEnc 2.5 yesterday. Starting using today and got 100% through inverse telecine process and then got message that "MPEG-2 encoding has expired - can only supply 30 days limited MPEG-2 encoding function because of licensing matter." and can go no further. Am I missing something???? Please help. Thank you.

minion  2003-03-20 03:49:53 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Mpeg2 encodeing is only good For 30 Days and Only once, If you have ever downloaded the Program before at any time you can not use it again unless you Buy it....

Question - TE25 - I KEEP GETTING "ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM" No.35634
Richard Rivera  2003-03-20 01:27:33 ( ID:rxa.frdelvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have an MPEG that's just over an hour long. I'm able to split the movie and I get the first 30 minutes. BUT when I want the second part which is 30:00.0 to 01:00.00 I get this weird format for the end: 01:00:00.00

I keep getting the error ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREAM. I've tested it over and over even going sor far as to go from 30:00:00 to 35:00.00 to see if it has something to do with the way I'm formatting my time.

I tried using "LAST" but when I click OK it doesn't show up so I can click on RUN. I've never had this happen and it's very weird.

I've split many mpegs with no problem. I've even gone so far as to re-encode this mpeg but I can't seem to split it.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on or have had this issue? I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to split certain MPEG movies I find.

Rich

minion  2003-03-20 03:47:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Mpeg Tools Only Officially Support Files that were encoded By Tmpgenc so don"t expect it to work with files that you didn"t encode with Tmpgenc...use a Real Mpeg editor...

Question - TE25 - .wmv and DVD Studio Pro for the Macintosh No.35628
Bryan  2003-03-19 18:32:30 ( ID:sq8v7hovzbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a .wmv file that I want to convert to a mpeg2 file and import to a project in DVD Studio Pro 1.5 (Mac). I am able to convert the .wmv using TMPGEnc into a mpeg2 and view it using WinDVD4. Thanks to those that responded earlier about my trouble getting sound to work with the file. Because I am selecting to make an mpeg and not a m2v+wav file the conversion works and the animated clip plays.

However, when I try to import it into DVD Studio Pro the mpeg format is not recognized by the program. I have tried using QTPro and the mpeg2 encoder that is an add on to finish this conversion as is suggested in some literature. I can get the mpeg2 (as converted by TMPGenc) to play now in QT player with the encoder added, but there is no way to save it as a file that gives me that needed .m2v. As anyone dealt with this problem in the past?

TIA,

Bryan

Ashy  2003-03-19 18:37:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.

ASHY

Bryan  2003-03-20 03:22:52 ( ID:nxqnmqpj7qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.
>
>ASHY

ok alot of this is related to my never having done this before. I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd. I can get an mpeg2 with sound and play the animated clip fine in QT with MPEG2 support added, but not import it to the DVD Studio asset file. Alternatively I can have an m2v that I can load in the dvd studio pro and view, but I have no sound file with it. I have tried adding the wav file and merging them in Studio Pro but there doesnt seem to be any readily apparent way to do that.

I suppose I'm at the point I should just ask what easy to use DVD authoring software there is for XP and dump the whole concept of using my Mac for any of it. But I would like to try and get it working as it just bugs me too much.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

~bc

minion  2003-03-20 03:42:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You would Be Much better off useing a PC for authoring a DVD, Not because PC is better Just because there are Many more software titles for the PC..What DVD Authoring Program you use would depend mostly on your Needs, There are some Fairly In expensive ones like "Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2.0" that are very Basic they will Basicly just add Plain Menu"s and add Chapters and only accept Mpeg audio as the audio source, then there are some with a Few more features like "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3" with Motion Menu"s and and animated Titles and AC3 audio support, then there are Some that they use to do Profecinal DVD Titles Like "Sonic Scenerest 2.7" or "Sonic DVD producer 3.1" that you can use to add all the features that retail DVD"s have Like support for 16 audio tracks and 36 Subtitle Tracks and other stuff you Probably wouldn"t use..Send me an e-Mail and I might be able to help you find a good one, But one thing you might not have tried is if the Program will only accept a File with a M2V extention then try renameing a Mpeg file with audio in it to M2V, maybe then it will accept the file...

Bryan  2003-03-20 03:55:33 ( ID:nxqnmqpj7qk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If what you need is the m2v from the MPEG then just de-multiplex the file using the MPEGtools in TMPG.
>
>ASHY

ok alot of this is related to my never having done this before. I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd. I can get an mpeg2 with sound and play the animated clip fine in QT with MPEG2 support added, but not import it to the DVD Studio asset file. Alternatively I can have an m2v that I can load in the dvd studio pro and view, but I have no sound file with it. I have tried adding the wav file and merging them in Studio Pro but there doesnt seem to be any readily apparent way to do that.

I suppose I'm at the point I should just ask what easy to use DVD authoring software there is for XP and dump the whole concept of using my Mac for any of it. But I would like to try and get it working as it just bugs me too much.

Thanks for your patience and your help,

~bc

Ashy  2003-03-20 12:11:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I can get the M2V and the wav file. But that file has no audio when I insert it into the dvd studio program. DVD Studio Pro only seems to accept m2v (the guide I bought supports that assumption), so I am stuck with a odd problem, well to me it is odd

What do you mean there is no audio when the wav is inserted into the program? Have you actually tried to create the VOBs first and then checked them for audio?

You seem to be making some sort of error some way along the line here.

All DVD authoring software will accept WAV as audio input.
DVD studio pro clearly states it will also accept WAV,MPEG OR Ac3 audio. You must make sure the sample rate is 48000 khz.

If you still can't get the Wav audio to work, which is unlikely, why don't you use the utility which comes with DVD studio Pro to convert the audio to Ac3.
This will make the DVD fully compatible.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Smaller file-size No.35626
Jorgo  2003-03-19 12:31:57 ( ID:fvjijmttp1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does it not matter if I reduce the resolution (i.e. from 640x480 to 320x240) in the exported MPG1 filesize? should it not be half the size as well?
If i do want a file which is half the size, is my only option to reduce the bitrate?

Ashy  2003-03-19 16:44:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it doesn't matter what resolution you choose. The file size will always remain the same if you are using a CBR method of encoding.

It is the bitrate that determines the size of any given file.
For example 1500 kb/s is 1500 kb/s whether the resolution is 320x240 or 640x480.

What I mean is that the same amount of bits are being used to encode the MPEG no matter what the resolution is. The only difference being the quality of the actual image.

At high resolutions the image quality will be better, but this means that you would also need more bits to encode the image and hence a higher bitrate setting to avoid blockiness.

A lower resolution means there are less pixels and hence less data in the image to be encoded therefore the image is less likely to have blockiness at low bitrates, but the image won't be as sharp or as good quality.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No Sound - Dvix4 to MPEG No.35624
Brent  2003-03-19 12:21:03 ( ID:qc9ywaeaa9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert a file from Dvix to MPEG the sound file does not play. How to I change the sound output to MP3?? I think it exports as a WAV file??

minion  2003-03-19 22:32:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in a Mpeg file in NOT MP3..And if you ended up with a WAV file then you chose the wrong audio Format, the standard audio format for Mpeg files is Mp2 audio unless you are makeing a DVD then the audio can be Wav,MP2 or AC3...

Question - TE25 - doesnt recognize d2v file No.35622
minolt  2003-03-19 10:24:45 ( ID:bmiiaqg1.dh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I produced an d2v file from an vob file with DVD2AVI, tmpegenc. doesnt recognize the d2v file. It says that it is not supported. What did I wrong?

minion  2003-03-19 22:29:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure that you have the DVD2AVI.vfp Plugin installed in the Vfapi Plugins...If not then copy the "DVD2AVI.vfp" File from the DVD2AVI folder to the Tmpgenc folder..Then make sure that you do not delete the Mpeg/VOB files that you are encodeing and do not move them or rename them or do not moove or rename the D2V file....

Question - TE25 - avi to mpg1 file size No.35620
xl  Home )  2003-03-19 09:32:31 ( ID:cpkdz.ehghj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to convert an avi file (2min) to an mpg which i want to play on a pocket pc using following settings, i always get a file size of 24mb. how can i lower this?? :

video
320x240
24fps
350kbps
2 b frames between p frames

audio
44,1khz
joint stereo
64kbit

i found these settings at
http://www.pockettv.com

in fact i tried different settings. but in the end it always turns out to be around 24mb. any suggestions???

Ashy  2003-03-19 18:48:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must make sure you set the 'stream type' to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' when encoding.

Run the MPEG through the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools with this setting and your file size will be reduced.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - avi to mpeg No.35615
xumoe  2003-03-19 06:21:30 ( ID:xtiz3tplmcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi from an unkown source. It plays well by Windows Media Player (wmplayer.exe). When I try to convert it to mpeg using Tsunami TMPGEnc 2.51, I get message, "Cannot open or unsupported." How can I find out what the avi is made of and what it will take to convert it?

minion  2003-03-19 22:25:47 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show File reader" to "2" and see if that works...

Chauncey  2003-03-20 08:49:44 ( ID:wnggbmpv2kg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having the same problem, and changing the setting to 2 only gets me to the next screen, but then boots me out when I try to adjust the settings. Is there another setting I can change in addition to this one?

xumoe  2003-03-21 07:36:39 ( ID:xtiz3tplmcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm gaining on the problem. I found a program that inspects the avi file and tells me the codec. It's called avicodec. The problematic avi files use the MS MPEG4 V3 (MP43) codec. My guess is that somehow Windows Media Player V9 can find the codec on my system, but Tsunami MPEG Encoder, Easy AVI Converter and LSX-MPEG Encoder 3.5 cannot find the codec. I'm not sure how to overcome this problem, (I don't know how codecs become known to the programs) but I'm contacting all the encoder/converter sources to see if I'm on the right track and to see if there is something I can do or if they can help me (us).

Ashy  2003-03-21 15:57:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have mediaplayer 9 installed then this is most likely your problem.

Mediaplayer is causing all sorts of problems with programs like TMPG, but not just TMPG.
It seems that Microsoft has implemented some sort of code into mediaplayer 9 and it's MPEG4 codecs which is blocking other software from using it's MPEG4 codecs. Microsoft has always tried to block the use of it's MPEG4 codec with anything other than it's own software.

You could try and find the hacked version of the MPEG4 codecs which are available on the net which should allow you to open these files or try FFDSHOW which can open all MPEG4 codecs including Microsoft,DIVX and XVID.

Your best bet if that doesn't work is to remove Mediaplayer9 and install FFDSHOW. This usually gets TMPG working with MPEG4 files.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - sound WAY out of sinc No.35613
vicky  2003-03-19 00:41:20 ( ID:.62rst0gexj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i had an avi file i extracted the sound using virtual dub and changed it to wav then i converted the whole thing to mpeg, first half of the film was fine but then the sound went about 5 mins out of sinc, why? and how do i fix it?

minion  2003-03-19 04:27:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you encode the Movie into 2 Parts??? If you used the Source Range to Encode the Movie into 2 parts then try just makeing one big file and cut it into 2 parts with a Good Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR, and if you did encode the file to one big file and Use the "Merge & Cut" to Cut the File into 2 parts then Don"t use the Merge & Cut ,use a Real mpeg editor Cuz the Merge & Cut can cause Sync Problems...

Question - TE25 - I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together No.35611
Shaggy  2003-03-18 23:14:58 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Wav. file and Mpeg files seprate how to put them together?

minion  2003-03-18 23:55:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Makeing a DVD ,Right??? If not you have chosen the Wrong audio format for the audio, the audio format for VCD/SVCD is Mp2 audio..But if you are Makeing a DVD then the answer is You Don"t put them together into One File, You need to have a DVD Authoring Program that will accept seperate Audio and video files ,The authoring Program will Join them together and Burn them to DVD..If your DVD Authoring Program will not accept seperate audio and video files then it doesn"t support Wav audio for DVD"s so you would have to encode the audio to MP2 audio and used the "Multiplex" to join them into one File....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.