Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 524 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 42 min. of video won't fit in TechTV XVCD template Vdomakr 2 2003-03-08 15:13:32
Question TE25 VCD on Sony ns315 Kiske 1 2003-03-08 01:37:38
Question TE25 Index Line...Error a75g7 1 2003-03-08 16:16:26
Question TE25 Mpeg2 to Mpeg1 Jonahinthewhale 1 2003-03-07 19:14:47
Question TE25 How to cut? William 4 2003-03-11 00:20:08
Request TE25 Converting Problems drin 1 2003-03-07 06:53:45
Question TE25 problems ceebornqueen 2 2003-03-07 07:37:25
Question TE25 Full Processing Mode Not Working kukm66 6 2003-03-09 20:00:37
Question TE25 Frustrating Problem Syy 2 2003-03-07 13:59:11
Question TE25 completely frustrated Nikki 2 2003-03-07 14:01:41
Question TE25 ASHY/Minion......Consumer Advice fess 6 2003-03-08 15:47:15
Question TE25 Dont know if it BUG report or im lamer itayzoro 3 2003-03-07 14:04:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 524 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - 42 min. of video won't fit in TechTV XVCD template No.35237
Vdomakr  2003-03-07 22:27:55 ( ID:bu6ft/9/vgh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just tried making a XVCD per 03/05/03 episode of TechTV I downloaded all the software recommended and made my first mpeg file using their template. The 42 min. video made a 828mb file. I tried dropping the quality down (from 70 to 60)and the file size increased. The latest file made was 818mb and that was when I increased the quality to 80. What else can I do to drop the file size down to fit on a 700mb cd. I've tried to make a SVCD before but was not satisfied with the quality. This template sounded promising, but I can't get the file size down to fit. HELP!

Minion  2003-03-08 01:38:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lower the Bitrate....

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:13:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it's no wonder you weren't happy with the quality of SVCD if you are trying to fit it all on one disk even VCD looks shite on one disk.
It is just NOT possible no matter what friggin template you use to get any decent quality on just one disk.

As for your file size 818mb. This will fit on an 700mb disk as long as you overburn it. If not just demultiplex the audio then re-encode it to a lower bitrate then remultiplex with your Video. There is no need to re-encode the Video.

Make sure when creating XVCD that the 'stream setting' is set to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' then just drop the bitrate to make it smaller.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - VCD on Sony ns315 No.35235
Kiske  2003-03-07 20:47:17 ( ID:huc9ysx199k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help me how to burn a vcd to play on sony ns315, tried everything but nothing happens, how to setup options in nero or vcdeasy
Thaks!

Minion  2003-03-08 01:37:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your Player Plays VCD"s fine So it must be that you don"t know how to burn them Properly..With Nero it is So simple a Monkey can figure it out..Just follow the WiZard and choose Video-CD then when you get to the Main Screen just find your Mpeg file and Drag it from the Right side over to the Left side of the Window and Burn it..If it gives you an error saying that your Mpeg file is Not VCD Compliant then you probably did something wrong when encodeing the Mpeg file.Maybe explain EXACTLY what the Problem you are Haveing is and we could give you a More detailed answer to your Problem..

Question - TE25 - Index Line...Error No.35233
a75g7  2003-03-07 19:53:20 ( ID:rksgtj8wmzg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i'm converting avi to mpeg2, i get an error:
"Index of Scan Line is out of range(304)"

-What does this mean?
-What can i do to fix it? since it stops the conversion.

i Have already extracted the sound into wav from the avi.

thanks

Ashy  2003-03-08 16:16:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bad frames somewhere in AVI. Most likely you have downloaded it. Try frameserving from Virtualdub or fixing and resaving.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Mpeg2 to Mpeg1 No.35231
Jonahinthewhale  2003-03-07 18:39:04 ( ID:yo/gplj.aim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to covert Mpeg2 (and divx) to Mpeg1 VCD. I have done this about a 100 times and I am fluent in knowledge of how to do this process. Recently, everything that is Mpeg2 or divx and put it on a disc as a VCD, it is choppy is certian areas when I play it on my DVD player. When I play it on my PC it works perfectly. But I know my DVD player works fine cause all of my old stuff works perfectly. I need help if figuring out if there is possiblity that there is covertion problem or a burning problem. And by the way, it is NOT a bitrate or framerate problem, I have checked. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you. - Jonah

Ashy  2003-03-07 19:14:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What speed are you burning at. Too high a speed causes this. 4x is best but try higher and see the results.
Have you changed your disks recently as cheap disk can cause this also.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How to cut? No.35226
William  2003-03-07 10:50:01 ( ID:g5zhfj7waif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me how to cut a mpeg file? I can use the Mpeg tools to merge files but don;t know how to cut. Please help this newbie, thanks a lot!!!

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:51:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Merge&Cut, load file, click edit, set cut points, click run.

ASHY

William  2003-03-07 18:05:43 ( ID:g5zhfj7waif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Ashy

Please forgive my ignorance and teach me how to set cut points? Use the { } signs? can i set multiple cut points? how to name the resulting clips?

Thanks,
William

Ashy  2003-03-07 19:26:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Follow these steps.

First part:

1. Load MPEG into Merge&Cut

2. Set stream type to 'MPEG1 Video CD' if MPEG1 or 'MPEG2 SVCD(VBR)' if MPEG2

3. Click Edit

4. Click { for the beginning of the cut and } for the end of the cut.

5. Click OK and name your output then run.

Second Part:

1. Click edit again

2. copy the figures from end cut point box into the beginning cut point box.

3. Move the slider to the end and click } then OK

4. Rename the output and click run.

ASHY

William  2003-03-11 00:20:08 ( ID:g5zhfj7waif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Request - TE25 - Converting Problems No.35224
drin  2003-03-07 06:13:03 ( ID:twhfk/z/uqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to convert an .avi file of mine to a .mpeg, but the end product always comes out extremely choppy. The picture on the converted file is made up of a lot of blocks and as I said very choppy. Does anyone know a remedy to my problem? Do I need to change the settings or anything else? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Minion  2003-03-07 06:53:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ususally when someone describes there Mpeg file as "Choppy" it means that they have Probably encoded to the wrong Frame Rate, Check the AVI file for it"s Frame rate and make sure that is the frame rate of the File to are encodeing to..But Blockyness is Usually due to a Low Bitrate and/or low Quality source files, this is Common with VCD"s cuz a Standard VCD"s Bitrate is Quite low..

Question - TE25 - problems No.35221
ceebornqueen  2003-03-07 01:47:36 ( ID:.bksdto4nqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It keeps saving the files as .mcf. files Am i supposed to have it on a certain setting to make sure that it saves as an .mpg file?

Minion  2003-03-07 06:48:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are Deffinately New to this Cuz you seem to be Pretty Lost, MFC Files are Templates and if you are Makeing Templates instead of Mpegs than you are Going about this all wrong, and you need More help that I can give,Go to here:"http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" and you will find a few step By step guides on how to use Tmpgenc and there is lots of usefull info there ...good Luck..

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:37:25 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used to have this problem a while ago when i was using the wizard
when u get to the final page of the wizard and u can change the output filename to wotever ur film is...ie...matrix cd1 in this box u will notice it gives u the file extenstion name...ie ".mpg"
when u rename it matrix cd1 u are changing the ".mpg" file extenstion so by default it uses the tmpg template extenstion hence ".mcf"
so on the last page of wizard instead of changing filename straight away....click browse then change filename from there....then encode

Question - TE25 - Full Processing Mode Not Working No.35214
kukm66  2003-03-07 00:10:08 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to demux an XVID .avi with the following ID in GSpot:

Audio: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3

I highlighted NO compression in Virtual Dub, Full processing mode but could not
get the extraction to .wav accomplished. Virtual Dub shuts the window down without extracting the .wav file. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Tomo  2003-03-07 00:30:46 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i sometimes get this an have to extract the wav with a proggie called "avimux"
run avi mux then set the preroll to 100 and interleave to 100 then set output name
finally press go....hope this helps

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:56:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use AVImux.

>set the preroll to 100 and interleave to 100 then set output name

This isn't necessary with mp3 audio only in certain cases with Ac3.

ASHY

kukm66  2003-03-07 22:43:15 ( ID:iurdrqhdypg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I get AVIMux??? I found a GUI version but cannot figure out how to do this. Do I need to decompress the .wav file?

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:18:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You got the wrong one. You need this one then search this board for info how to use it. http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avimux.html

ASHY

Minion  2003-03-08 20:35:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The GUI Version Works Just Fine also, This is the Version that I usually use...

Ashy  2003-03-09 20:00:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The GUI Version Works Just Fine also, This is the Version that I usually use...

How? The GUI version doesn't work. It has no option to extract to wav.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Frustrating Problem No.35211
Syy  2003-03-07 00:03:42 ( ID:a7zfkgyu3.c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I'm using TMPGEnc to convert d2v to mpeg, I keep getting the same error message when the convertion is about 30% complete. I tried unistalling and installing the program over and over but nothing solves the problem.
This is the message I get: "Read error occured at address 01AA6B07 of module 'DVD2AVI.VFP' with 0277D710".
Does anyone knows why this happens?

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:59:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the d2v reader on the VFAPI plugins. If that doesn't help itould be a problem in either the D2v or the VOBs themselves. creat another d2v, if you get the same problem re-rip the VOBs.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:59:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the d2v reader on the VFAPI plugins. If that doesn't help it could be a problem in either the D2v or the VOBs themselves. creat another d2v, if you get the same problem re-rip the VOBs.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - completely frustrated No.35208
Nikki  2003-03-06 23:52:56 ( ID:hersqaxgqto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe someone can help me.... For some reason Tmgenc will not let me use a separate .WAV file for my audio source when attempting to convert an .AVI file to .MPEG. I have done it several times before without any problems. I have tried several different .AVI files, all with the same problem. When I put in the video source and then try to use a separate audio source everything freezes up and I end up having to turn the computer completely off. I have not attempted to just convert using the same audio source as video, I prefer to extract the audio into a .WAV file and use the 2 files. (Seem to have less audio synch problems that way) I would like to continue to use that method. I have uninstalled TMPGenc and reinstalled twice with no luck. I have updated my virus definitions and ran a full virus scan, nothing. Sometimes it just freezes and a couple of times I actually received an error message that read as follows:
"Read error occurred at address BFF6A285 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 007DFFC0"

I am running Windows ME.

I hope someone can help and thanks in advance!

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:45:29 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sounds like a recent change on ur system to me...not tmpg
try downloading a program called "spybot" an run that
might solve it but not guaranteed

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:01:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the WAV reader in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - ASHY/Minion......Consumer Advice No.35201
fess  2003-03-06 22:57:25 ( ID:1kl8t4ktd1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone,

My osprey capture card- http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey220.html arrived and I installed and captured with Virtual Dub, it works great.

I have followed the process of capturing via www.lukesvideo.com and it was very precise because he knew that capturing from composite cable/VHS tape will make a very poor movie. The filter settings cleaned it up very well. Then I encoded with TMPGEnc.

I don't want to have to go through filter hell everytime I caputre, so I am thinking of purchasing a

S-Video cable: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-BqAaOGaSYUh/ProdGroup.asp?c=9&s=0&cc=01&g=23112

and a

VCR with S-Video output connector: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-GOuGLLqrxen/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=6&g=56000&I=257HRS2901&o=m&a=0&cc=01

I have a S-Video cable that came with dazzle, but I see other S-Video cables selling with ( multi-strand copper center conductors, double shielding with braid and foil, precision-machined connectors with molded 24k gold-plated contacts etc.). Does all that substantually improve the signal as oppose to composite cable? Will it be a worthy purchase....

Any consumer advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Fess

Minion  2003-03-07 06:34:49 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well S-Video has Much cleaner Signal so you should get Some Improved Quality from that..Right now all I have to capture is a Cheap BT878 Card and I used to use these Cheap RCA Cables that were Like 20 years old to capture and it Just looked really Bad and I allmost gave up on it But then I got some Gold plated double insulated RCA Cables that cost $30 for 3 feet and the Signal Quality Greatly Increased and My Captures were Much better ,Now I got an ATI AIW Raedeon 8500DV that will be here Next week so I can"t wait to see how well My captures Improove, So I would say That The Quality of the Cables you use while captureing are Very important to the Quality of a Capture..

Ashy  2003-03-07 13:49:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree about the cables. I have a lot of Hi Fi and Video equipment worth thousands and the cables I use with it cost more than some of the regular Hi Fi equipment you can buy in High street shops. For instance my speaker cable is $10 per metre and makes a noticible difference compared to the standard supplied rubbish.

Quality cables definitely do make a difference to sound and vision. Remember the cable is the connection between the output and the input and no matter how good the source or the recieving equipment is, if the connection between the two is bad then quality is going to be degraded.

People often don't realise how important the cable is. Cables such as scart leads aren't all made equal. High quality Scarts make colors more vibrant, pictures are sharper and less noisy.
Cables supplied in the box with equipment are very rarely of any decent quality. What's the point of buying a high quality piece of equpiment and suppling crap cables. I'd rather the cables weren't supplied and this was then reflected in the price of the equipment, so I could then go and buy my own.

ASHY

fess  2003-03-07 16:27:27 ( ID:9yabzucn8kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy & Minion,

Thank you for your input and advice. I will improve my capture session by purchasing the S-Video cable & VCR.

Regards
Fess

wcpaul  2003-03-08 02:12:44 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

S-Video cables and an SVHS VCR will probably NOT help unless the source is component (SVHS or Hi8). In fact it could be worst, depending on the VCR.

You need to decide where is the best place to decode the composite signal. A decent capture card should have a better comb filter than most SVHS VCRs since those VCRs are really intended for playing component tapes. Data-Video TBCs also have an excellent comb filter.

Many SVHS VCRs today put a lot of really crappy and unresponsive digital processing in the chain (JVC). Mitsubishi's hard to find models give the best result but I still use composite output through a TBC when capturing from VHS.

The most critical item to sucessful capture is an outboard color corrector (Sima, etc.) In concert with the VirtualDub histogram display this lets you prevent clipping and also allows settings to be tweaked DURING a capture.

As for cabling, composite video over 75 ohm cable is a studio quality format even for long distances assuming a decent level of connector/wire quality. At 6 ft or less, almost any cable has no loss.

Minion, congrats on the 8500DV. Captures should come out perfect and the tuner is awesome, especially with a clean cable signal. Be sure to try 15Mbs Mpeg capture as an aquisition format for long captures.

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:44:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>At 6 ft or less, almost any cable has no loss.

You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically reduce high frequency signal loss.
It's not just the loss which is a factor, but factors such as noise induction and magnectic influences from other sources. High quality cables also have lower capacitance than ordinary cables to ensure good clean color reproduction.
All in all a good quality shielded cable will mantain the quality of a signal.

I have tested many cables in my time with my equipment and I know for a fact cheap cables DO NOT cut it at any length no matter how short.
Most of my cables are less than a 2 metres long and even at this length they DO make a difference. I don't pay $100 for a pair of cables for nothing.

The cable is an important factor in any any equipment so why compromise a good clean signal by transfering it over cheap quality crap.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-03-08 15:47:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically reduce high frequency signal loss.

This should read:
You gotta be joking. I know this NOT to be true. Ordinary cable has high resistence and high inductance which can dramatically increase high frequency signal loss.

Question - TE25 - Dont know if it BUG report or im lamer No.35197
itayzoro  2003-03-06 20:04:34 ( ID:ctw.bjythqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got the Your program that evry1 say its the "best" so i use : p4 2.4 512 ddr
asus board so.. when i use your TMPG like the Wizad syle i use : es/system
after along time of Rendering the End Is NO SOUND AT ALL not in the mpeg and not in the wav. I capture from Dazzle and on there prog its work and all off the prog. i use ? SO WHY IN THIS WORLD THERE IS NO SOUND AFTER I FINISH RENDERING !!!! i got the last ver and no other ver i use its work and i took
MPEG-2 and want 2 Encode its bitrate from 4000 to 2000

plz if u say your prog can do the audio just say so i dont spent any money on it

Minion  2003-03-07 06:36:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Format are you captureing to With your Dazzle set up???

Tomo  2003-03-07 07:49:10 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok...tmpg doesnt do certain types of audio
just extract the audio to wav with virtualdub...use full processing mode in audio setting
then insert audio an video seperatly in tmpg

Ashy  2003-03-07 14:04:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you making sure the audio field is filled when loading your file?
If not this is your problem and you may have to extract the audio to a wav file first.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.