Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 535 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problems with encoding to SVCD adougher 2 2003-02-27 16:44:06
Question TE25 Error message "ntdll.dll" scheng924 1 2003-02-23 21:33:20
Question TE25 File "xxx.xxx" can not open or unsupported Schlingel 1 2003-02-23 00:47:03
Question TE25 User Guide jayesser 4 2003-02-27 21:43:36
Question TE25 Converting to .avi elephant 5 2003-02-23 07:00:09
Question TE25 How to not sqush or stretch the picture on SVCD Rayor 2 2003-02-24 00:47:41
Request TE25 How to extract left channel from audio file jen 3 2003-02-22 14:17:25
Request TE25 problems with xp and a p4 1.6 Bassackwards 0 2003-02-22 05:33:54
Question TE25 Need to resize AVI files rxloren 2 2003-02-22 15:10:01
Question TE25 avi - mpeg gary 4 2003-02-24 17:19:04
Question TE25 FCP .mov DV to TMPGEnc Bob Trim 2 2003-02-22 18:53:30
Question TE25 Steve sjeth 2 2003-02-22 03:50:30

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 535 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problems with encoding to SVCD No.34787
adougher  2003-02-23 05:50:29 ( ID:7trluagnhy6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am encoding a Xvid file to mpeg-2 (svcd) I have two pices of a movie. The first half will only encode the video for like half of the movie and then stop on the same frame for the remaining 30 minutes but encoding the audio. The second half works fine and encodes the whole way. Why would it only encode a portion of the first half of the movie??

Minion  2003-02-23 21:37:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is Probably an error in the file at the point were it stops, This is common with Files downloaded off the net cuz they get corrupted from being downloaded repeatedly..You can try useing the Source range to encode up to were the error happens then set it to start encodeing again a Few frames after the error happens then use the "Merge & Cut" to join the 2 parts together...

Me  2003-02-27 16:44:06 ( ID:lqzb2wfd/zf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would be a lot quicker to remove the bad frames, with Vdub MP3

Question - TE25 - Error message "ntdll.dll" No.34785
scheng924  2003-02-23 05:01:08 ( ID:s0r7pusud8o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to convert an AVI to MPG1...
and when i click start.. it says... error in "ntdll.dll" and then gave me some numbers... like 000x0000 that kinda thing.
Does anybody have a solution? I think it is the new windows media 9 codec but i'm not sure

Minion  2003-02-23 21:33:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you have the New Medai Player 9 installed then it could be your problem, There is a Major conflict between it and Tmpgenc so I would sugest doing a system restore to before you installed Media Player 9...

Question - TE25 - File "xxx.xxx" can not open or unsupported No.34783
Schlingel  2003-02-22 22:41:26 ( ID:b1c6upvcz7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just reinstalled my whole System, installed a DVD Player software and then TMPGenc. I tried to open a MPEG2 File and I got the following errormessage: File "xxx.xxx" can not open or unsupported, the same problem also comes up with any other video file. WHY???

Minion  2003-02-23 00:47:03 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Software Player??? It has to Be "CyberLink Power DVD" and it has to show up in the Vfapi Plugins and be raised to a high enough Priority, and for avi files the "Direct show" in the "Vfapi Plugins" has to be raised to "2" if you get that error..and you need all the correct codecs installed....

Question - TE25 - User Guide No.34778
jayesser  2003-02-22 22:40:07 ( ID:c.gqyxymtmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know of a good user guide or book giving in depth instructions about TMPGENC's advanced features?

Minion  2003-02-23 00:43:43 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Good Help File with the "Pluss" Version...

Ashy  2003-02-23 13:22:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.digvid.info/tmpgenc/

ASHY

Me  2003-02-27 16:54:23 ( ID:lqzb2wfd/zf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>http://www.digvid.info/tmpgenc/
>
>ASHY

A good help he said, not a copy of the help file on a web page

Ashy  2003-02-27 21:43:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What???

If you took any time to look at the page before posting your shithead remarks you would see there is indepth info and guides to all TMPG's settings which is more than just a copy of the help file asshole and will tell you everything you need to know about it's features.

If you know of a better website then post it otherwise keep your smartass comments to yourself cheesehead.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Converting to .avi No.34772
elephant  2003-02-22 09:34:19 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.. im not very good at this sorta tings..but from wat i have known so far...avi files are smaller rite? so why is it when i try to convert a .mgp file into .avi file so that i can burn more files into 1 disc..the outcome is 1++Gb?????? is there a setting im suposed to change or is this normal? pls advise...thankz...

rxloren  2003-02-22 21:58:10 ( ID:d6nkz3ur8dj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you try to first, learn English and grammar, then ask the question again. I believe you are asking how to make the AVI file smaller than 1 Gig? Please be spacific and learn to write, aaaight dawg? lol.

Schlingel  2003-02-22 22:45:00 ( ID:b1c6upvcz7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey rxloren, is it really neccesary to be so unfriendly??

It seems like you understood the question so why dont you just answer it?

bigears  2003-02-22 23:51:26 ( ID:/3jmzjik1og )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ALSO !
For one who is so quick to jump all over others you should check your own spelling FIRST !
Specific is spelt with an "e"...
Have you ever considered the fact that English may not be his native tongue... how well do you read and write Swahili...

Minion  2003-02-23 00:42:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So To your Question...NO AVI files are Not nescessarily smaller ,AVI files can be much much bigger, the size of the avi file has nothing to do with the size of the avi file after it has been encoded to a Mpeg file, what matters is the Length of the AVI File not the size of it..When it comes to a Standard VCD you can only get a max of 80 minutes(800MB)on a 700mb 80min CD-R....

elephant  2003-02-23 07:00:09 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

roxloren ur lame leh juz bcos i hav a special way of typing dusent mean dat u sld open ur big fat fugging mouth n comment on it..u dun wana help ppl den get lost..stop making lame comments abt ppl's english

thankz minion ! i understand now..

Question - TE25 - How to not sqush or stretch the picture on SVCD No.34769
Rayor  2003-02-22 07:47:16 ( ID:yy0ncampghr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey people

just wondering if anyone can give me a hand with my encoding. I'm trying to encode the matrix superbowl trailer to an SVCD so I can go wave it round on the media rooms nice big projector. I exported from the Quicktime file into straight AVI. Now what I'm wondering is how do I encode in to PAL SVCD but keep the same picture with out it getting squashed or stretched but it still being playable on a standard DVD player.
Any help would be greatly apriciated

-Rayor

Ashy  2003-02-22 13:42:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't need to convert it to AVI first, you could have just used the quicktime plugin for TMPG.

As for the picture being stretched in SVCD format, this is normal for SVCD. Don't worry because any software or hardware DVD player will correct the aspect ratio to normal.
Just make sure you set the input aspect ratio in TMPG to the same as your source and 'Full screen(keep aspect ratio)' as the Video arrange method.

ASHY

Rayor  2003-02-24 00:47:41 ( ID:ijewngvs6wf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, worked perfectly

Request - TE25 - How to extract left channel from audio file No.34765
jen  2003-02-22 06:29:22 ( ID:fo0xt1hlskl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have multi-language vcd, left channel play chinese audio, right channel play english audio, when I watch vcd I need to munually adjust speaker to the desire channel. now I want to remake vcd for english only (left channel), please tell how to setup, thank you very much

Minion  2003-02-22 06:40:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a Audio editing program like "Sound Forge" to seperate the english audio track, then it can convert it from a Mono track to a Sterio tract the out put it as a Wav file that you can encode in Tmpgenc...

jen  2003-02-22 06:54:22 ( ID:fo0xt1hlskl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Minion, thanks for your prompt reply, sound forge price range frm 150-300 usd, its too pricey to me, any free shareware i can use ?

Ashy  2003-02-22 14:17:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtualdub will do the job nicely.

1. Load your VCD into Virtualdub.

2. Click 'Audio' then 'Full processing mode' then 'Conversion' from the menu.

3. Where it says 'channel' choose the channel you wish to save. I.E. the left channel. Click OK.

4. Next click File then 'Save wav' from the menu. Choose a name for the wav and save it somewhere. This will save the left track into both channels.

In TMPG:

1. Load your wav into TMPG in the 'Audio' field and check 'Audio only' as the stream setting.

2. Now encode. When TMPG has finished you will have an .MP2 file.

3. Go to File>MPEGtools and load your VCD into the the Video field of the
simple multiplexer'
Load your new Mp2 into the audio field.
Choose 'MPEG1 video cd' as the 'Type' then name your output and click run.

4. When TMPG is finished you will have a new VCD with just the English track.

ASHY

Request - TE25 - problems with xp and a p4 1.6 No.34764
Bassackwards  2003-02-22 05:33:54 ( ID:7eqxtmcexdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am haveing problems with it geting about 1/4 of the way done with the movie and then it stops using cpu power and starts eating ram. Then the amount of time that is required is greatly increased. Any help?
Thanks,
Bass

Question - TE25 - Need to resize AVI files No.34761
rxloren  2003-02-22 05:15:34 ( ID:d6nkz3ur8dj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Guys and Gals, I'm kinda new to all this, just got a DVD burner and I know this question has been asked before but I need the correct, most non-confusing answer please. I'va laready been fooling around with this and a bunch of other software like DVDtoAVE, ReMPEG2, etc... Anyway, I have plenty of movies all about 2 hours long, in AVI format that are, in essence, 650 - 750-ish Megs long. Whenever I encode, setting output file to AVI or whatever, I get a file that is well over 1 Gig long. To be accurate with you, I am trying to backup my Attack of the Clones DVD to my PC. Now, I have the other Star Wars films, they are all about 680 - 750 Megs long. Look, I don't want to make VCD's, I am making DVD's. I simply wish to store the file in my hard drive and make it be "happy" with it's friends in the folder, all being about the same size. It kills me to see a bunch of movies ripped by someone else, nice quality, good audio and about 600 - 800 Megs long whereas the one's I encode always come out to be over 1.2 GIGS large. I know there's a bitrate issue and a quality issue, but some of the movies I have (yes, shared by my peers), are a nice Hard Drive space affordable size. Please help. Thank you so much. BTW, Attack of the Clones is exactly 2hours, 22 minutes and 29 seconds long. File size around 1.4 Gigs. The other movies like Episode 1, 4, 5 and 6 are just as good (almost) in quality and all about 700 Megs.
Thanks guys!!!
A Newbie
Rx.

Minion  2003-02-22 06:35:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Trying to Back up dvd"s to DVD-R then you are Totally doing it wrong, Why are you Makeing AVI files out of the DVD Movies then Encodeing to Mpeg???To Back up a DVD Movie on to DVD-R Disk some times you don"t even have to make anything You can just Extract the Folders off of the Retail dvd on to your Hard drive with Just one audio Track and No Subtitles, then Burn them directly to a DVD-r with the special features and all..and there is a New Program called DVD2One that will backup any dvd to a DVD-R in less than a Half an hour with great Quality..But if you want to use Tmpgenc to Encode the Files off of a DVD to a DVD Compliant Mpeg2 file that you can burn to DVD then all you need to do is Rip the Vob files with SmartRipper then you can de-mux the audio with DVD2AVI then load the D2V file into Tmpgenc and encode it to Mpeg2 for DVD then Burn the Video and audio with your Authoring Program, Makeing Avi files before encodeing them Greatly degrades the Quality of the Final DVD and Makes the whole Proscess longer, I would sugest the DVD2One method for backing up DVD"s cuz it is the fastest and easiest and does really good Quality Backups..

rxloren  2003-02-22 15:10:01 ( ID:d6nkz3ur8dj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your fast reply! I'm not trying to backup to a cd-r, I have a dvd burner and I am copying the 2 files, (video & audio) to DVD's with good success. I have a cheep, watered down version of MyDVD which came w/ my burner. I will certainly try the software you suggested. I qappreciate that. I am just trying to leave a copy in my hard drive of the movie that's about 750 Megs long. I have many movies that are nice in quality on my hard drive, all less that 1 Gig long. I don't know how "they" do it, but everytime I try, my files are 1.2 - 1.8 gigs long. Any further advise would be greatly appreciated. I would like to share some of my flicks with my peers like they do on WinMx and others where you search a movie, let's say, Momento, which I have on my hard drive, It's 722Megs long, the file is: Momento(DivX DVDRip).avi whereas, whenever I try to rip the same movie it's well over 1 Gig.
Thanks again.

Question - TE25 - avi - mpeg No.34756
gary  2003-02-22 01:52:41 ( ID:ajgs5bvmbxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone help, when i try to convert an avi - mpeg, i seem to be getting a sound delay of approx 1 or 2 seconds 1/2 way through the film. i am using virtual dub to create the sound wav. it dosent happen on all files though.

Schlingel  2003-02-22 22:47:33 ( ID:b1c6upvcz7j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you create a seperate sound wave file?

Just take your avi file, including video AND audio, load it into tmpg as video AND audio source, thats it, should work!

Ashy  2003-02-23 19:20:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No you're mistaken.
TMPG sometimes has problems with compressed audio. Creating a wav usually solves this problem.

Your problem could be related to corrupt or missing frames in your AVI if this only happens half way through. Is this AVI dowloaded by any chance?

You can re-sync it with Virtual dub. Find the point where it goes out of sync then cut the file just after and save it.
Resync the second half with the audio delay setting then save it.
Now join both parts together with the append function and save.

ASHY

BluntStylz  2003-02-24 16:28:27 ( ID:szexppz3eor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

What you said about Tmpgenc having probs with compressed audio is exactly my prob. Most (in fact all) of my .avi files are mpeg 2 or greater for audio. I'll convert the file, looks great, sounds like....nuthin.

Any ideas or suplementry software suggestions.

Thanks
//BluntStylz

Ashy  2003-02-24 17:19:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your audio is already MPEG2 audio (but do you mean mp3?) then there is no need to re-encode it. Simply de-multiplex the audio from the AVI then just remultiplex it with the Video in your VCD.

I use a piece of software called MPEGDJencoder for encoding Wavs to Mp2 then just multiplex with the Video.
This software is lightning fast, 10x faster than TMPG and gives great results.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - FCP .mov DV to TMPGEnc No.34753
Bob Trim  2003-02-21 20:49:12 ( ID:ofu7i6xh5zw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK. Output from FinalCutPro is Apple DV-NTSC headed for DVD distribution. Apples MPEG2 compressor sucks. I want to use TMPEG. So, I export my 12 gig, 57 min. telecourse from FCP and TMPEG won't look at it. I use the Quicktime plugin and the TMPEG will take it in an process it, but the results are worse than Indeo 3 on bad drugs. So... I export the .mov from QT Pro as DV/DVCPRO NTSC .AVI. TMPEG will deal with that just fine as long as the movie is less than 15 min. Does TMPEG have file size problems? I have tons of hour programs to get to DVD. Any ideas? If anyone IS getting good results from the QT plugin please share the settings. What I am seeing is extreemly unuseable. Thanks
Bob
Salt Lake Community College

Minion  2003-02-21 23:54:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The QuickTime Plugin Was Not Made by The Maker of Tmpgenc, the Person who made it made it sort of independantly and did not do any Improvements on it sisn"t he released it so it does seem to have some Bad bugs, exporting your Files as DV AVI would be better if you have the Choice of Formats, CCE would Handle QT Mov files Better cuz it officially supports Them so you would probably get better results with it...But with Tmpgenc there are a Couple settings that might help you get over the problem, Try going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and for QT files Try raiseing the priority of the "QT Plugin" to "2" and Lower everything else to "0", and For the DV AVI files try raiseing the "AVI2(OpenDML)" Plugin to "2" and Lower everything down to "0"...Doing this Could help But there is no gaurantees...

Bob Trim  2003-02-22 18:53:30 ( ID:ofu7i6xh5zw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did a search of the BBS after I posted my question and found the bad news. TEMPGen does not like .mov files. To bad. There are only a few million of us using QT based non-linear system out there. Seems TEMPGnc could make a killing when the only competition is Apples awful compression tool and the pricy CineCraft product ($1900 as of yesterday). Lygos (SP?) is trying and Cleaner is not an option until they get their compression times back to reality.

I own 2 copies of TMPGnc and would pay double the price if it did it's magic on .mov files AND assure that files longer than 10 min could be compressed in the .mov format. 1/2 to 1 hr. shows (12 gigs) are nothing to a lot of us out here.

Hope they are listening.

Bob

Question - TE25 - Steve No.34750
sjeth  2003-02-21 18:04:47 ( ID:jpomswbo3v. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to run this program in Win XP it errors out. I get a message from XP it wants to send an error report to Microsoft. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steven

Ashy  2003-02-21 20:38:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just download again and re-install.

ASHY

agnes  2003-02-22 03:50:30 ( ID:o/ibrbzwkql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. Tried downloading the latest version and reinstall. No luck.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.