Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 582 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Splitting one big .mpg into two smaller .mpgs xirii 1 2003-01-07 21:14:30
Question TE25 Only Write and Read Errors Heko 1 2003-01-07 19:17:08
Question TE25 desynced mpegs PAPAVER 0 2003-01-07 18:05:28
Question TE25 mr PAPAVER 3 2003-01-08 06:25:45
Question TE25 RE: illegal file format error Que 3 2003-01-07 21:18:12
Question TE25 widescreen mpgs waltsdog 6 2003-01-08 23:07:17
Question TE25 What is stream error Martin 0 2003-01-07 12:35:42
Question TE25 How To Change DCT Type to Frame Instead of Filed JuMz 1 2003-01-07 13:16:15
Question TE25 what does this program do? BH 4 2003-01-07 21:04:28
Question TE25 Purple Color Pink 5 2003-01-08 06:18:28
Question TE25 Purple Color Pink 0 2003-01-07 05:17:40
Question TE25 Problems with subtitles... SirCanealot 0 2003-01-07 03:11:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 582 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Splitting one big .mpg into two smaller .mpgs No.33037
xirii  2003-01-07 21:11:12 ( ID:p.o5edr6twl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone tell me how I split one full sized .mpg file into two or three smaller .mpg files? I'm making VCDs and some of the files I'm downloading are too big to fit on a 80 min./700 MB disc.

Heko  2003-01-07 21:14:30 ( ID:obxnif.ioyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Start TMPGenc - File - MPEG Tools - Merge&Cut

greetz
Heko

Question - TE25 - Only Write and Read Errors No.33035
Heko  2003-01-07 18:06:56 ( ID:obxnif.ioyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Everytime I want to convert a AVI to Mpg (VCD) I get Read and Write Errors.

Write error occured at address 0047F0E0 at module 'TMPGenc.exe' with 6181BBD9
or I get an Read error

I had convert this AVI 14 days ago.

What's wrong???

*SMuRF*  2003-01-07 19:17:08 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get exactly the same message, it seems to be randpom, if i do a small music vid it might happne, if i enmcode a whole film it might not happen until 70(ish) percent, its not like a memory thing, im lost!

Question - TE25 - desynced mpegs No.33034
PAPAVER  2003-01-07 18:05:28 ( ID:dri3/bxjftn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

y is it that when i cut a mpeg file it is ALWAYs desyned ??

Question - TE25 - mr No.33030
PAPAVER  2003-01-07 18:05:06 ( ID:dri3/bxjftn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

y is it that when i cut a mpeg file it is ALWAYs desyned ??

Minion  2003-01-07 19:30:07 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if your Mpeg file is a VBR Mpeg file it will go out of sync Cuz the editor doesn"t support accurate editing of VBR Mpeg files....Try a Different Mpeg editor, I just found a Freeware one that seemd to work OK from what I have seen, and it comes with the Old M2v.vfp Mpeg2 codec that the older versions of Tmpgenc used, you can download it here : http://avlab.myetang.com/soft/m2v_vfp-0617.zip ...

papaver  2003-01-07 21:29:59 ( ID:dri3/bxjftn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks bro much appreciated

Minion  2003-01-08 06:25:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory that link will not work properly so you can go to http://avlab.myetang.com and download were it says "M2V.VFP" ..the site is Chineese...

Question - TE25 - RE: illegal file format error No.33026
Que  2003-01-07 15:28:49 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No. Not the audio in a .vob I was just talking about avi export of the video.

I am sorry.
I must not be asking clearly or very clear in the presentation of my question.

My primary problem is that I can "load" a file in one version and not in another.
In 2.59 I get a illegal file format error and in 2.54 it loads the file.

I get the same error (illegal file format) if I load a interleaved .mpeg file (with mpeg2 video and mpeg layer 2 audio.. Like the earlier versions would create).

ASHY  2003-01-07 17:42:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look, if you want answers do us and yourself a favour, stick to the same thread and don't create new ones on the same subject. It's highly annoying.

ASHY

Que  2003-01-07 19:49:59 ( ID:vcukkbaymso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

`scuse me.
After my thread before this was six pages back, seemingly lost in the shuffle, and unanswered the only way seemed to post again.

If the default of this board could be to move replies to the top, like most, I would not have to re-post again. On my first post I did as you directed and all of my replies were ignored.

Obviously you looked at my other thread and the only answer you give me is a snide comment. Å­ook, if you want answers do us and yourself a favour (favor), stick to the same thread and don't create new ones on the same subject. It's highly annoying.EBR>
I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question.

I just give up.

Trying to get help from you is like getting no help at all.

I just hope the way you treated me is the way you want to be treated.

EOL

ASHY  2003-01-07 21:18:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly your previous thread is on the next page:
Question - illegal format error in 2.59: Again I ask my Question ... No.32954

Secondly nit picking about spelling is shallow, also you obviously are unaware that the spelling for 'favor' is indeed 'favour' here in the UK.

My point I'm trying to make to you is that it confuses people who wish help when multiple threads are posted and also breaks the rules of this BBS. Use some etiquette in this BBS and you will have your post respected.
Multiple post and people like myself and the other helpfuls here will just get fed up trying to keep track of the threads and will eventually ignore your posts.

I and so do the other regulars here backtrack through the pages to check up on and answer previous posts, so you needn't worry your post will still be answered even when it is many pages back.

As for helping, I did begin trying to help, but got fed up with your multiple and confusing posting as I started losing track of what advice you had been given before and what other details you had posted.
I did have answers for you, but this thread has become tiresome.

I'm sure a few of the other regulars will agree on most of my points above.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - widescreen mpgs No.33019
waltsdog  2003-01-07 14:56:35 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may be a stupid question, but here's what I want to do. I have an avi (576 X 240) that I want to convert to mpg (not VCD) so I can play it in my DVD player (Apex AD1200). When I convert it, keeping the same screen ratio, it plays fine on my computer, but the image is crammed to full screen in my dvd player. What I want to do may not be possible, but... can I trick the player into thinking it is a full screen mpg by adding the black bars into the actual video using TMPGENC? What I mean is, can I keep the original video at 576 X 240, but 'encode' the black bars into the mpg file so that the entire file is now the same resolution as a television screen (the addition of the bars would change the total resolution of the final mpg)?
Can you see what I'm trying to say? If anybody knows whether or not this is possible please let me know, it could save me a lot of grief.

Thanks so much,
Waltsdog

BubbaLeRoy  2003-01-07 17:24:22 ( ID:9wssscbrpd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not worked with those exact settings but... Under Video, Aspect Ratio, you could set to 4:3 Display. Under Advanced, Video Source Setting, make sure you select the correct source aspect ratio, then select full screen (keep aspect ratio). Turn on the preview and start the encode. If all looks ok, let it roll. Otherwise, stop the encoding and test with other settings pertaining to the source and output. Hope this helps.

Minion  2003-01-07 19:25:32 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the "Clip Frame" settings you can add Black Bars to the Video....

ASHY  2003-01-07 22:04:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The resoltion (576 X 240) you are talking about is an anamorphic PAL format (cinemascope) 24:10

TMPG does not have a default setting for this aspect ratio, but it can be set manually.

First of all set ur output apect ratio to 4:3 and your 'source apect ratio' to 1:1 VGA(not that it really matters)

Next click setting>clip frame then click the 'arrange' button. Set the 'arrange method' to 'Custom size'

For SVCD set your width to 720 and adjust the height until you are happy with the aspect ratio. Once happy set the width back to standard SVCD size 480.

For VCD set the width to 352 and adjust the height until you are happy with the aspect ratio.

Once you are satisfied with your settings click 'OK' and check the result in the preview before encoding.

ASHY

ASHY  2003-01-07 22:09:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Note to above: ensure you select the required output framesize or template before making the settings above.

ASHY

Waltsdog  2003-01-08 21:07:49 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys, Bubba had it. The only thing I needed to do was switch to Full Screen (keep aspect ratio). It works like a charm. I don't know how I missed that before.

Thanks again.

ASHY  2003-01-08 23:07:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you are using 16:9 as your source ratio. Your file is not 16:9, it is close but not quite, it is 24:10 or 2.35.1.
This will lead to some aspect ratio distortion in the resulting output image, but if you are happy with that then fair enough.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - What is stream error No.33018
Martin  2003-01-07 12:35:42 ( ID:ptwjzabhie6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been getting stream errors while MPEGging AVIs - stopping at 99%

Any ideas please.

Using XP

Thanks

Question - TE25 - How To Change DCT Type to Frame Instead of Filed No.33016
JuMz  2003-01-07 08:05:13 ( ID:v.kzx2rvb4o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering how to change the DcT Type to frame instead of field in TMpGenc.

B_Racer  2003-01-07 13:16:15 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't set this. TMPGEnc does it automatic.
If you are encoding progressive Video, the structure ist Frame, if you are encoding interlaced, it is Field.

Question - TE25 - what does this program do? No.33011
BH  2003-01-07 05:41:49 ( ID:knkidtxkexh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know if you've read my previous entries you probably think im retarded or something. But i don't know if you understand where im coming from. I have these avi files that i want to put on one dvd and i can't get tmpgenc to do it. I was recently told that it probably cant do this. reason being is that when the dvd is initially ripped the bitrate and everything is already set, and can't be changed, so when i go to burn it no matter what size the file is now it still decompresses to the same size. My copy of South Park the movie is 403 MB and blows up to 5.33 GB no matter what size or type of file it is. If anybody can help me with my problem or recommend software that works for them trying to do the same thing please let me know about it.

thanx,

BH

Minion  2003-01-07 07:04:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"M sory But I don"t really Understand what your Post is all about...Can you please Explain What proscess you are going through to Make your Mpeg file, and What the Source file is..I know you said they are AVI files But you also said something about Ripping a DVD...The Bitrate of the AVI file or the Size of the AVI file has Nothing to do with the Size of the Resulting Mpeg file, all that matters is the Length of the AVI file and the Bitrate used to encode the Mpeg file, so telling us that the AVI file is 403mb Doesn"t really mean Very Much..If you Can"t understand How to use Tmpgenc then you won"t be able to use any High Quality Mpeg encoder Cuz Tmpgenc is One of the easiest Encoders to use and is one of the Best encoders there is ,Sencond to very Few others, and it is the least expensive one to get, the One I usually use sells for $2000 and is Much more complicated to use than Tmpgenc...To get a Smaller File size you have to lower the Bitrate you are encodeing to, and if you Can"t change the Bitrate you have to load the "Unlock.mfc" template from the "Extra" Folder then the settings will be unlocked..But it seems that if the File is Only 403MB it can"t be very long or if it is a Full length Movie like 2 hours then the resolution Can"t be Very Large, not large enough to make a Standard DVD, the standard DVD Resolution for NTSC is 720+480 and Pal is 720+576 and if the resolution is a Lot lower than this you will have to Upsize the resolution which will totally Ruin the Quality, and the FrameRate of the AVI file has to be DVD Compliant 29.9/30fps for NTSC and 25fps for Pal and if the Frame rate isn"t one of these then it will be very difficult to make a Standard Compliant DVD Out of it Cuz Tmpgenc doesn"t do Frame rate conversions Very well especially if you are trying to encode a Pal file to NTSC or Visa versa...Why don"t you leave the specs of your AVI File and the Procedure you are useing to encode the File and Maybe we can help you out Cuz you are either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the AVI file you are trying to encode.....

Fess  2003-01-07 18:03:34 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Minion,

If you don't mind, I'm interested in knowing what encoder you are using regarding this:

"the One I usually use sells for $2000 and is Much more complicated to use than Tmpgenc"

I am currently looking for a top of the line video editing bundle:

My current choices are Ulead Media Studio 7 or Adobe Premiere 6.5

Right now I have VirtualDub and TMPEGEnc.............and unfortunatly Dazzle (D)Shitgital DVC which is by far, the absolute worst program I have ever encountered an has proven useful for one thing......through it at someone.

Thanks For Your Imput
Fess

Minion  2003-01-07 19:23:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Encoder I use For Mpeg2 Encodeing is called "CinemaCraft Encoder SP 2.66" It also Has a Adobe Premier 6.5 Plugin so you can use it to encode to mpeg right from the Premier Timeline Cuz the Adobe(MainConcept)Mpeg encoder that comes with Premier 6.5 isn"t that Good..It is up to 5 times as Fast as Tmpgenc with Better Mpeg2 Quality But it is More Complicated to use...I didn"t know that Ulead Came out with a Version 7 of media Studio, I have Adobe Premier 6.5 and "Ulead Media Studio 6" which are Both Very good Programs , But one of the Most impressive DV Capture and Editing Programs I have seen is "Pinnacle Edition DV 4.5", I usually Hate Most all Pinnacle Software But this one Is Very Impressive, It is More like an Operateing System than a Editing Program, I own it But Don"t use It Cuz It doesn"t support Captureing Analog Video from an Analog Capture Card But if you only do digital then Maybe check it out But you need an extremely Fast computer to run it, They sugest a p-4 2ghz with 512mb Ram Minimum....

Fess  2003-01-07 21:04:28 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank You Sir....

Fess

Question - TE25 - Purple Color No.33005
Pink  2003-01-07 05:31:27 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did a search for apmpeg4v1.dll it was not found. I still get a purple color when making mpeg1 vcd. How can I get this to stop happening its ruining my movies.

Minion  2003-01-07 19:12:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you Tried Raising the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to "2"..???????

Pink  2003-01-07 19:18:32 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No I havent. I checked and its at -1 should I put as 2 only?

Pink  2003-01-07 19:19:38 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I change?

Pink  2003-01-07 19:27:15 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion thanks a bunch I figured out how to change it and it works. No more purple color in the movie. woohoo

Minion  2003-01-08 06:18:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m glad it worked ,I"m here to please....

Question - TE25 - Purple Color No.33004
Pink  2003-01-07 05:17:40 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did a search for apmpeg4v1.dll it was not found. I still get a purple color when making mpeg1 vcd. How can I get this to stop happening its ruining my movies.

Question - TE25 - Problems with subtitles... No.33003
SirCanealot  2003-01-07 03:11:20 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay heres my problem. Since I got a l33t new DVD player a while ago I thought I'd once again step into the realm of SVCD's and see how they play when encoded useing TMPGEnc. I was very happy with this at first, as I encoded some of my anime into SVCD fine. As I moved onto a series I loved to dump onto SVCD and started mucking around with it I noticed one little kink. The subtitles play half way off the screen... I had noticed this earlyer, but it wassent as the serve on the anime I was watching at the time (as the subtitles were set a little higher) but I cant really ignore it if half the sub is off the screen :/
I'm assumeing the video is playing useing the full length of the screen (includeing the inch or so which is under the plasic round the edge of the screen) so this is why subs are playing off screen. I've tried encodeing at all sort of resulutions... 16:9 Pal/Ntsc, 1:1 VGA ect ect (I'm useing a anime set in 16:9 already so thats the reason for the 16:9 stuff heh) but still this problem remains. The only way I can get it in the correct aspect ratio with the subs fully showing is to gointo other options, advanced and set Video Arange Methord to Center: Keep aspect ration. This of corse means that theres mass blackboarders round the image. I can zoom these out with my widescreen TV, but then the movie looks terrible...

What i'm looking for very basically: A way to get anime full screen on my TV, with no streching with the damn subs showing :)

Thanks for your advice all.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.