Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 603 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How can I encode Divx 5.0 (Avi) to mpg with TMPGenc. JaMirSe 2 2002-12-22 23:57:20
Question TE25 No Picture after Encoding using TMPGEnc introlux 1 2002-12-22 22:43:46
Question TE25 Showing date and Time on MPEG Video Viru 1 2002-12-22 14:39:37
Question TE25 green vertical bars! elvis42 1 2002-12-22 14:37:02
Question TE25 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ashburn 1 2002-12-22 06:27:34
Question TE25 Widescreen Perhaps? Sakuya 2 2002-12-23 01:46:47
Question TE25 mpeg entry points supersgamo 6 2002-12-22 23:24:49
Question TE25 No audio from Avi Ron 1 2002-12-21 22:50:02
Question TE25 Working with multiple aspect ratios Hagrinas 1 2002-12-21 21:45:24
Question TE25 No audio from Avi Ron 1 2002-12-21 22:06:44
Question TE25 Working with multiple aspect ratios Hagrinas 4 2002-12-30 17:31:17
Question TE25 not again darren 4 2002-12-22 11:28:03

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 603 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How can I encode Divx 5.0 (Avi) to mpg with TMPGenc. No.32252
JaMirSe  2002-12-22 17:23:40 ( ID:.oje2pg6v9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sometimes I get Avi files that I can only play with the so called DivX 5 player.
But when I want to encode these files with Tmpgenc. it doesn't work.
He refuses to encode it saying that is not a correct file ??!!.
Does anyone have a solution for my little problem ?.

Minion  2002-12-22 22:46:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To encode DivX 5 Files or any AVI file you have to have the Correct Codec installed, so make sure you have the DivX 5.02 Codec installed, and Try raiseing the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2" in the "Vfapi Plugins"...

JaMirSe  2002-12-22 23:57:20 ( ID:.oje2pg6v9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

Question - TE25 - No Picture after Encoding using TMPGEnc No.32250
introlux  Home )  2002-12-22 17:05:06 ( ID:52p3j7ah29h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,

I have encoded the AVI file to a MPEG file using TMPGEnc. I can hear sound but there is no picture!!!

I even tried burning the film anyway and it still didnt work!! I have been wasting so many CD's!!! Can you please tell me what the problem is!!

I encoded it also with NERO but it displayed the picture upside down!!

Can anyone give me a hand with this problem i am having.

Cheers

Minion  2002-12-22 22:43:46 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"..This will hopefully get the Image to show while encodeing and in the Mpeg file...

Question - TE25 - Showing date and Time on MPEG Video No.32248
Viru  2002-12-22 13:35:15 ( ID:igxxrmnmf8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

My Mini DV Camcoder shows recording Date and Time on the Video. I am told that the Date & Time info is also present in the AVI file. Is there an option in TMPGEnc to show this in the encoded MPEG file?

Regards,
Viru

ASHY  2002-12-22 14:39:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can add some info in the comment box under Setting>System

ASHY

Question - TE25 - green vertical bars! No.32246
elvis42  2002-12-22 04:05:32 ( ID:pk8ltt7jtmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently when I attempt to convert an avi file to dvd format (ntsc), the resultant mpg has a green vertical bar through it?

Why? What am i doing wrong?

ASHY  2002-12-22 14:37:02 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably an illegal resolution problem. The input size has to be in multiples of 16 otherwise you will get this sort of problem.

You can correct this with Virtualdub then frameserve to TMPG.
What is the size of your AVI?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 No.32244
ashburn  2002-12-22 03:31:32 ( ID:1qnpvoyzwah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This won't work i have played with it for 7 hours stright and i can't put no movie on a cd-r, i have nero but i can't get it to work some one please put step tp step exacly what i have to do for this to work please i have a bunch of movies and i want to put them on a cd-r. This will be very well apshated i know i spelled that wrong.

Minion  2002-12-22 06:27:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why Don"t you Tell us what you are trying to do(Make a VCD and SVCD)What you did and What problem specificly you are haveing....You basicly just load in the Source file(It can"t just be any file) then Follow the directions the "WiZard" gives you, then Burn the File as a VCD/SVCD ect with a Program that supports burning that format, like Nero or VCDEasy and any number of Programs.....Go here : http://www.vcdhelp.com/

Question - TE25 - Widescreen Perhaps? No.32241
Sakuya  2002-12-21 23:26:03 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again and thanks for the help last time! I went to test out something to see what other things that TMPGEnc can do. What happens if I went to do the Unlock extra in the "Load" menu and then set the settings to that of a SVCD but the output file is MPEG-1? I'm curious, I'm the experiment type. The display area shows that the video is shortened. Perhaps this is widescreen?

Sakuya  2002-12-22 02:34:53 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Um I guess that's not supposed to happen and after the video finished encoding, there was only audio heard with a black screen. So I followed Minion's directions at raising the bitrate to 1600.I had the size at 352x240 is that ok? I'm wondering how come there are 2 large black spaces on the sides and the video seems to be squished in the middle and sort of elongated?

Minion  2002-12-23 01:46:47 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you watching this Mpeg file with Media Player???Cuz if you are then that is why it looks wierd, Use DVD Playing software Cuz Media Player Plays mpeg files with incorrect aspect ratios....but if you want to change the way the picture looks in the screen then use the settings in the "Clip Frame" settings...

Question - TE25 - mpeg entry points No.32234
supersgamo  2002-12-21 23:09:47 ( ID:ranbz7nzpph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to transcode an MPEG audio/video file with an audio bit rate of 192K to another file with audio bit rate of 224K, so as to make it VCD 2 compatible. The coding works fine, but while the original file had more than 1700 valid entry points to set chapters, the trancoded file only has just one! Anybody can explain me why this happens..and what I can do to fix the problem?
Thanks.

Minion  2002-12-22 06:22:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is Impossible to Not have any Valid Chapter points..Any I Frame can be a Potential Chapter Point.and Why encode the Whole File if you Just need the audio to Be 224kbs???Just de-mux the Mpeg file and Just encode the audio to 224kbs and Mux it with the Video and you will have your Totally VCD Compliant file.Re-Encodeing it Just for the audio is Just going to Degrade the Quality of the File and VCD Files are bad enough ...What are you useing to Put in Chapters????

ASHY  2002-12-22 11:17:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no need to change the bitrate to 224kb/s. The bitrate 192kb/s is already VCD compatible. You won't improve the quality of the sound, but will likely reduce it. Any of these bitrates, 128, 192, 224, or 384kbit/sec can be used for making compatible VCD 2.0 MPEGS.

ASHY

karpro  2002-12-22 12:27:45 ( ID:lwmt.mgxf.. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm relatively new to tis, but i believe if you go into the settings page, under the gop structure tab check the close gop box that should solve the problem

supersgamo  2002-12-22 21:40:18 ( ID:ranbz7nzpph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know it sounds strange, but that is exactly what happens.
I use vcdcomposer to author my vcd - when I scan the mpeg file it tells me that I just have...1 frame, so all chapters are linked to the closest valid entry point which happens to be the origin of the file.
In the meantime I managed to fix the problem by simply loading the settings for a VCD-PAL file, while previosuly I was just changing the audio bit-rate. When I encode the file in this way, I get my entry points back in place. I have no good explanation as to why this happens.

Thanks for the hint to just encode the audio part - I will try to do so.
By the way, if I play back my vcd without reencoding audio at 224K, the audio is distorted and all chopped. The re-encoded file plays back properly.

>Well that is Impossible to Not have any Valid Chapter points..Any I Frame can be a Potential Chapter Point.and Why encode the Whole File if you Just need the audio to Be 224kbs???Just de-mux the Mpeg file and Just encode the audio to 224kbs and Mux it with the Video and you will have your Totally VCD Compliant file.Re-Encodeing it Just for the audio is Just going to Degrade the Quality of the File and VCD Files are bad enough ...What are you useing to Put in Chapters????

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-22 21:57:48 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

You have one small mistake, for VCD only 224kbps audio is supported in the VCD 2.0 standard. 128, 192 and 384kbps are only supported for the Segment items, not for the main video tracks.

Mpeg Obsession
(ABS)

ASHY  2002-12-22 23:24:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually you are probably right there. I'm getting my SVCD specs mixed up with my VCD specs.

VCD 2.0 should be fixed at 224kb/s

It's been a while since I looked at any specs and just assumed from what I could remember about SVCD audio specs that these would also apply to VCD, but apparantly not.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No audio from Avi No.32232
Ron  2002-12-21 22:20:50 ( ID:qdpjfip/ysk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some Avi movies I want to write to VCD(mpeg)but when I open some of them(not all)in TEMPEnc the audio dissapears?

Minion  2002-12-21 22:50:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You allready asked this exact same question 2 hours ago and the correct answer is there...

Question - TE25 - Working with multiple aspect ratios No.32230
Hagrinas  2002-12-21 21:36:03 ( ID:mjrlivenpda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some video which was shot using multiple aspect ratios. I have no problem using TMPGenc to get any of the individual parts to work, but I'm not sure what is the best way to use them together.

Suppose I have a video that starts off in 4:3. That's pretty simple. I know how to create an MPG of that from my AVI, and it's fairly trivial to use Source Range to get just the 4:3 part. If the next part is 16:9, likewise I have no problem with the correct settings or getting the source range.

What I want to do, however, is to be able to specify that the first part is 4:3 and that the second part is 16:9 and come up with a single MPG. I'd like to know how to do this with either TMPGEnc or another tool if it's more appropriate to splice them later.

Also, since I'll probably be putting much of this on a VCD, I don't know if it would get around my problem to just put several consecutive MPGs on the VCD. I haven't tried that or read anything about it so I don't know that it's even an option. If it can be done, I'd like to know. But even if it's trivial to do it that way, I'd still like an option with a single MPG for use on the web.

Thanks,

Hagrinas  2002-12-21 21:45:24 ( ID:mjrlivenpda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please ignore this thread. It was an accidental duplicate.

Question - TE25 - No audio from Avi No.32228
Ron  2002-12-21 20:59:23 ( ID:qdpjfip/ysk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some Avi movies I want to write to VCD(mpeg)but when I open some of them(not all)in TEMPEnc the audio dissapears?

Minion  2002-12-21 22:06:44 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Need to extract the audio to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" or "AVI-Mux" then use the wav file as the audio source...

Question - TE25 - Working with multiple aspect ratios No.32223
Hagrinas  2002-12-21 20:54:09 ( ID:mjrlivenpda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some video which was shot using multiple aspect ratios. I have no problem using TMPGenc to get any of the individual parts to work, but I'm not sure what is the best way to use them together.

Suppose I have a video that starts off in 4:3. That's pretty simple. I know how to create an MPG of that from my AVI, and it's fairly trivial to use Source Range to get just the 4:3 part. If the next part is 16:9, likewise I have no problem with the correct settings or getting the source range.

What I want to do, however, is to be able to specify that the first part is 4:3 and that the second part is 16:9 and come up with a single MPG. I'd like to know how to do this with either TMPGEnc or another tool if it's more appropriate to splice them later.

Also, since I'll probably be putting much of this on a VCD, I don't know if it would get around my problem to just put several consecutive MPGs on the VCD. I haven't tried that or read anything about it so I don't know that it's even an option. If it can be done, I'd like to know. But even if it's trivial to do it that way, I'd still like an option with a single MPG for use on the web.

Thanks,

Videophile  2002-12-21 21:06:21 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, wow! First, why would you want to have all kinds of various video aspects in one MPEG movie? Just asking. It can drive some people nuts watching it, and some DVD players may wonder what display aspect they are to use. I can make mine play all 16:9 as 4:3 for a default, and vice versa. Howabout converting everything to either a standard 4:3 or 16:9 video aspect? Then you don't have any problem.

You could encode each video section into an MPEG file, then use the MPEG tools in TEMPEnc to join the file together into one monster mixmash of video aspects or common video aspect, as you please.

Season Greetings.

Hagrinas  2002-12-21 21:44:09 ( ID:mjrlivenpda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I wouldn't want to have multiple aspect ratios in one video, at least most of the time. The problem is that I already do. My video camera gives me a choice of aspect ratios. 4:3 is fine for lots of every day things. If I tape a school play or something, switching to 16:9 makes a lot more sense. If I started out in 4:3 with ,aterial that logically belongs together, then I'm in this situation.

Unfortunately, showing it on a standard TV will show the 4:3 fine and the 16:9 full screen with everybody looking too thin. Creating the different parts correctly was no problem. I just looked at the MPEG tools and it now seems self explanatory. I haven't used them before. I just upgraded from an old copy and handn't used them on the old one, if indeed they were there. Thanks.

wcpaul  2002-12-22 00:36:42 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Changing aspect ratios in the middle of a file (or DVD-Video title) would be highly unusual. Even if legal, players would probably be inconsistent.

Decide whether you want the 16:9 material letterboxed into an overall 4:3 production or if you want 4:3 "windowboxed" into a 16:9 production.

Split the material and use resize/mask in virtualdub or TMPG to convert the "non-standard" clips to production ones with black bars. Encode each in the production ratio and merge. Or, join with an editor before encoding if audio sync ends up bad).

Hagrinas  2002-12-30 17:31:17 ( ID:9xlys/bhqzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Changing aspect ratios in the middle of a file (or DVD-Video title) would be
>highly unusual. Even if legal, players would probably be inconsistent.

Actually, it's surprisingly common. Except that in cases where you see it, it's not truly different aspect ratios. What you end up seeing is a consistent aspect ratio with black or white bars for the "letterboxed" portion that are really part of the video with the non-letterboxed portion. Or to put it another way, truly doing it is highly unusual as you say, but making it appear that way is not uncommon.

In the case of video cameras that offer multiple aspect ratios, it's also very easy to do. The camera doesn't care what aspect ratio was used on the tape before you switch since it's not a file, per se. If you use a 1394 cable to transfer it to a computer, then you get an anamorphic AVI file and programs will handle it consistently. Assuming that there is a 4:3 display, they will show the 4:3 correctly with the rest stretched vertically, or vice versa if displayed in widescreen. It's not the inconsisent way in which it will be displayed that's the problem. It's that the consistent way in which they are displayed is not useful. Which is why it's best not to do it in the first place. But in real life, if I'm about to tape something that makes much more sense in widescreen, I'll switch in the middle of the tape and now I know how to correct it later.

Question - TE25 - not again No.32218
darren  2002-12-21 20:11:24 ( ID:ptwjzabhie6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello again
i have gone through virtual dub went to save wav however the wav creted does not play and just shuts down the programme im running it in is there anything i can do or is just bad divx file?????
thankyou.

Videophile  2002-12-21 20:37:21 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Darren,

If you have a DIVX file, why not run it through DVD2AVI to get the MPEG audio file which will be have an .MPA extension, I believe. You can convert that MPEG audio file to a .WAV file using one of the many programs available on the web. Or, you can use the resulting files and use TMPGENC to encode the video to VCD.

Hope this helps.

Seasons Greetings.

Minion  2002-12-21 22:03:18 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD2AVI will Not Accept DivX files, DVD2AVI will only accept Mpeg2 or Vob files....

Videophile  2002-12-21 22:16:47 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry Darren,

I misread your post. Damn trifocals and too many hours reading BBS sites!

Try this link it may help you out.

http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/avi2mpeg1.html

Seasons Greetings.

ASHY  2002-12-22 11:28:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio you are trying to extract from the DiVX movie may not be compatible with Virtualdub. It is likely to be Ac3 which is not compatible with Virtualdub.
To extract the audio from the DIVX to a wav use AVIMUX.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.