Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 652 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Error message yearlus 2 2002-11-11 09:21:56
Question TE25 confused regman 0 2002-11-09 23:11:32
Question TE25 how do i encode a nice looking movie i've downloaded from kazaa? Fallen Angel 3 2002-11-10 15:43:29
Question TE25 MS DV AVI Unsupported Steve 3 2002-11-10 19:28:47
Question TE25 Codec Problem R 1 2002-11-09 22:31:59
Question TE25 index of scan line is out of range driver 2 2002-12-10 23:49:35
Question TE25 Anamorphic john 0 2002-11-09 19:32:07
Question TE25 Error When encoding Divx's to mpeg ? Destiny 1 2002-11-09 22:24:09
Question TE25 Video from video clip raminmd 1 2002-11-09 22:22:54
Question TE25 How to batch encode to MPEG? rvitek 1 2002-11-09 22:18:33
Question TE25 FAST AVMaster file ital 2 2002-11-09 23:45:14
Question TE25 Error messege: "Can not open, or unsupported " ? Destiny 1 2002-11-09 22:14:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 652 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Error message No.30481
yearlus  2002-11-09 23:22:15 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Am trying to encode an divx file i downloaded, when it come to actually encodeing i get an error message of "-268747105 115088"
Please help

Minion  2002-11-09 23:46:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Quite Common with Downloaded files and the Cause is probably that it is a BAD AVI file...

Mike  2002-11-11 09:21:56 ( ID:/nu5hpdx9jj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But when you click OK, the encoding continues (until the next err message;). I just wonder if the produced file is corrupted... If it is not, there should be a way to prevent this err message from popping..

Question - TE25 - confused No.30480
regman  2002-11-09 23:11:32 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This message is for Ashy....first, this is referring to the questions I asked earlier (titled "conversions" & "ogg vorbis"). Second, I want to know where I get the AVImux from and where to install it and then I want to know where to get the right decoder from to extract the audio(s)?....does all this happen within the virtual dub or do I install this stuff (decoder and AVImux)into the hard drive? This procedure and these formats is new to me and you know more about this than I do so you'll have to be more specific with what I'm suppose to do and how to do it. I want to thank you very much Ashy for ALL your help in everything you've been helping me with and I'd appreciate it if you could "spell it out" for me with these situations.

Question - TE25 - how do i encode a nice looking movie i've downloaded from kazaa? No.30476
Fallen Angel  2002-11-09 20:43:53 ( ID:zmrdgxeyfkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
i wanted to know how you guys are encoding AVI's? i download movies off of kazaa. i have virtualdub 1.4.7 and tmpgenc ver beta 12a(0.11.20.98). i also have about every codec known to man. i do unpack the audio in virtualdub and encode in SeVCD for NTSC Enhanced.mcf (yes i'm using a old tmpgenc).is there any way to make dvdrip quality without making your own dvdrip or downloading a dvdrip movie? by the way,i just watch these movies.i'm not burning them for a dvd player.

Minion  2002-11-09 22:35:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you aren"t going to burn it to Disk then there is No need to encode it to Mpeg..Encodeing it to Mpeg will just Make you loose Quality and have a Bigger file size so there is no purpose to Encodeing it to mpeg...

gbagman37  2002-11-09 22:39:36 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trash in Trash out. You cannot improve an movie if quality is already poor. Your best option for non-ripped(Kazza) movie is to download Mpeg's only. Avi's are subject to corrupt frames and are produced with so many different codecs. You never know what you are getting until it is downloaded.

Fallen Angel  2002-11-10 15:43:29 ( ID:zmrdgxeyfkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Trash in Trash out. You cannot improve an movie if quality is already poor. Your best option for non-ripped(Kazza) movie is to download Mpeg's only. Avi's are subject to corrupt frames and are produced with so many different codecs. You never know what you are getting until it is downloaded.
>
>
So even if i wanted to i cant clean up a avi at all? i have seen that you can clean up image quality with virtualdub.when i unpack the audio with virtualdub arent i removing whatever codec was used to compress the movie?can i somehow use a few filters then use a codec and make a clean looking compressed normal sized movie?

Question - TE25 - MS DV AVI Unsupported No.30472
Steve  2002-11-09 20:42:11 ( ID:rfcknofb4jh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using Adobe Premiere 6.5, when I export a clip set to file type Microsoft DV AVI, TMPGENC returns an unsupported filetype error message. However, when exporting as a Microsoft AVI, TMPGENC encodes just fine.

How can I get TMPGENC to recognize Microsoft DV AVI?

Thanks,
Steve

Minion  2002-11-09 22:33:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Raiseing the "Direct show" or "OpenDML" file readers in the "Vfapi Plugins"..Go to "options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and here is were you do it...

ASHY  2002-11-10 17:54:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" > "enviromental Settings" > "Vfapi Plugins"
Try Raising the "Direct show" or "OpenDML" file readers to 2

ASHY

ASHY  2002-11-10 19:28:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops wrong post...

Question - TE25 - Codec Problem No.30470
R  2002-11-09 20:22:18 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all When i try to load a svcd file or svcd movie and press start on the main tmpeg screen i get the following problem Tmpeg brings up a window Saying file "c:/movie" can not open or unsupported. I have the latest version of tmpeg and the VFAPI plug-in for TMPGEnc. ive been told that there is another codec or plugin that i need and dont see it listed on the tmpeg site anywhere
HELP Please...

Minion  2002-11-09 22:31:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To encode Mpeg2 file with Tmpgenc you Need to have a Mpeg2 decoder installed on your Computer and it has to be either "Cyberlink" Ligos" or "Sony", if you have either "Power DVD" or the "Nemo codec Pack" then you should have the correct decoders and they should be listed in the "Vfapi Plugins"..You can try rsiseing the Priority of one of these plugins also..But if that fails(which it sometimes does)try De-Muxing the Mpeg file and just load in the Video..and if that don"t work then do what I do which is use "DVD2AVI" to make a D2V project file for the Video and encode that to Mpeg..I use this Method instead of haveing Tmpgenc decode the file cuz it seems that DVD2AVI does it faster that Tmpgenc...

Question - TE25 - index of scan line is out of range No.30467
driver  2002-11-09 19:53:25 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can any one please help
This is the 1st time i have tried converting divx to mpeg so i can make a vcd but i keep getting a message saying " index of scan line is out of range"
Does anyone know what this means.
Thanks
Driver

Minion  2002-11-09 22:26:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This usually means that there is something wrong with your AVI/DIVX file..and there is no Cure within Tmpgenc that will fix it But you can try to "FrameServe" the file with "Virtual Dub", this might work...

AdonisXX  2002-12-10 23:49:35 ( ID:7ttyvjaxchr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have gotten the 'index of scan line out of range' error message several times and have been able to resolve the problem each time with success! first of all make sure your using the project wizard for your project so that when you get to the file output of the project wizard page-check the 'create another project' button-then click ok-then the 1st page of the wizrad pops up just cancel it out-what this does is add your project to the batch encode list-located in the file menue of TMPGEne. Ok so you gotten the error message-simply go to file menue and choose batch encode and you will see your project in there-simply choose run and let TMPGEne re-process your project all over again and with any luck you want get that error message again:)

Question - TE25 - Anamorphic No.30466
john  2002-11-09 19:32:07 ( ID:ktpsdysrjio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When backing up an anamorphic DVD I pick 16:9 in the first screen and leave the the other bit at full frame (Not keep aspect ratio) and the result seems to be an anamorphic SVCD on my 16:9 TV but if I pick 'keep aspect ratio' I get a normal widescreen image.
Is this correct or am I mistaken.
Many thanks

Question - TE25 - Error When encoding Divx's to mpeg ? No.30464
Destiny  2002-11-09 17:53:41 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could anyone please advise me on how to encode divx to mpeg on order to convert them to VCD format .

I had this working, but I seem to get the following error messege :

file "c:document/mydocument/*.* .avi cannot open or unsupported"

does any1 know or can instruct me on how to check my setting maybe they are wrong.

I use vitual dub for the sound and that works no problem but when I select Video Source (even in the wizard) then select a Divx movie this messge appears., howver it seems to work on certain file that are rubish avi's and not divx quality. than if you could Help.

Destiny.
akaid.quyam@ntlworld.com

Minion  2002-11-09 22:24:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Question - TE25 - Video from video clip No.30462
raminmd  2002-11-09 16:08:24 ( ID:btjmp8rsmnm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert a windows media player vidoe clip into a vcd??

Minion  2002-11-09 22:22:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is a "Windows Media Player Clip"????Actually there is no Such thing..Might you Be Talking about a "WMV" File??(Windown Media Video/Audio Format)"WMV" file are encoded Just like any other format you load the file in then choose your settings then encode..If you get an Unsupported Error then you have to go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"..If I"m off bace here Explain to use your Problem and the real format of your file...

Question - TE25 - How to batch encode to MPEG? No.30460
rvitek  2002-11-09 16:05:59 ( ID:sgnph061qsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello - I've been using TMPG for years and for some reason, I've never had to use the batch feature. Well now, I'd like to take a series of non-mpeg files, and convert them into mpeg-1 files. I've played around and searched, but I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ry.

Minion  2002-11-09 22:18:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Tmpgenc has only been around for about 18 months give or take...To Do a Batch job You just Do the settings for your first file then go to "File" to "Save Project" and save a Project file, then Repeat as nescessary, then when you got all of your project files ready you go to "File" to "Batch Encode" then load all the Project files into the Batch encode window then click "Run"..That is it...

Question - TE25 - FAST AVMaster file No.30457
ital  2002-11-09 13:29:07 ( ID:h.0/kudvuvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I' ve tried this good software to convert AVI file into MPEG1 videofile.
The quality of image is very good.
My problem is that is a very long process.
I use a Pentiun III with 500Mhz processor with NT4.0.
Acquisition Pal video card is a FAST AVMaster that generate a video file in FAST AV Master codec (32). This file is seen by tmpgenc software an AVI file in this machine.
For the quality that I'm serching for, I use the highest mode (veryslow). In this mode one minute of video is about to 2 hours of rendering. It is a very long process.

I've tried to render this file in an other machine (a P4 2Ghz), but tmpgenc software tell me that is a file not supported.

To avoid this I' ve exported the AV Master file in a Indeo5.11 avi file (1 hour for a minute same dimensions 768x576 and the highest quality).
In this way, P4 machine keeps 40 minutes rendering for a minute of video with tmpgenc.

In wich way can I directly compress FAST AVMaster file with tmpng software in the P4 machine?
I mean, are there particular set parameters or special drivers/patchs to install in the P4 machine for save rendering time?

Can anyone helpe me?

Thank you

Ital

gbagman37  2002-11-09 14:04:34 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you need to find which codec was used for the avi, you probally do have it installed on the P4 machine. Switch to high quality instead of highest, you will notice any difference in quality but will encode twice as fast.
In order to speed up the process(since you have a slow machine), turn off on background applications and processes that you don't need. Make sure you have defragged recently.Change your paging file to double the size of your RAM.

also in TMpegnc change to priority in Direct show to 2

and finally extract the audio(with Virtual Dub) to a wav to use as the audio source in Tmpegnc

Minion  2002-11-09 23:45:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is definately something wrong if it takes 40minutes to do 1 minute of AVI to Mpeg on a P-4, It shouldn"t take more than 2 minutes to do 1 minute of video in a P-4 On High Quality..and to get Rid of the "Unsupported" Error on the P-4 go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins"a dn raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Question - TE25 - Error messege: "Can not open, or unsupported " ? No.30455
Destiny  2002-11-09 12:19:07 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I select the Video Source (DivX file) I seem to get the following error message showing up:

" can not open or unsupported " this show the file name begore that message appears. However this never used to promt me.

Can any1 help please ?

thanks
Akaid
Destiny

Minion  2002-11-09 22:14:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.