Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 663 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 did i set up right otkidd 2 2002-10-30 10:40:23
Question TE25 Video Error rvis@unitz.ca 0 2002-10-30 05:18:45
Question TE25 Ulead DVD Workshop 1.2 ...how to burn 16:9 widescreen... thuydinh 3 2002-10-30 17:41:30
Question TE25 DTS to .WAV file? dgbowen 3 2002-10-30 13:17:46
Question TE25 Ashy, DVD2AVI woes dgbowen 4 2002-10-30 19:13:10
Question TE25 TMPGEnc renders black after 9 mins greydog 2 2002-10-31 10:52:12
Question TE25 Splitting Mpeg's, Video stops, Sound keeps going Dippah 2 2002-10-29 21:41:23
Question TE25 Stream Writting Error and Purple screen Jin 5 2002-10-30 15:21:06
Question TE25 sound problem jsmoney 2 2002-10-29 20:25:54
Question TE25 Ashy Can You help again? jgraham95 1 2002-10-29 19:34:07
Question TE25 Should I interlace or deinterlace? Will Hay 1 2002-10-29 13:31:35
Question TE25 Converted x4 .avi's of same type - only one out of synch Will Hay 0 2002-10-29 09:05:15

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 663 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - did i set up right No.30053
otkidd  2002-10-30 05:37:08 ( ID:cw6xhmtfvxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I down loaded 5.8 and opened it up i went to set it up and it ask me for a serial number so i put in serial # and it just opened up I don't think it loaded on to my computer i went to add/delete programs and it was't there so i thought it must of loaded why would i get the start page of the 5.8 so i loader a avi file and all i get is a black screen in the preview window but it acts as if it is encodeing a file what am i doing wrong respond otkidd13@aol.com

Minion  2002-10-30 06:01:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean it didn"t load onto your Computer???You couldn"t open it up and Enter your Serial number if it wasn"t on your computer...It probably won"t be in your programs list Cuz It can run as a Standalone application...The balck screen can probably be cured by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show File Reader" To "2"...

Ashy  2002-10-30 10:40:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG doesn't install. It runs as a standalone program. The other problem you are having can be solved by using Minions advice.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Video Error No.30052
rvis@unitz.ca  2002-10-30 05:18:45 ( ID:xv/ahhe49zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get this error "write error occurred at address 77F536F7 of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000" when i go to create i VCD can someone help me

answer back at rvis@unitz.ca
thanks a million

Question - TE25 - Ulead DVD Workshop 1.2 ...how to burn 16:9 widescreen... No.30048
thuydinh  2002-10-30 04:59:11 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello friends,

I want to burn my video into 16:9 widescreen movie (my source is 16:9 too) but I don't know how to. When I go into Make dics Options - Compression, I see Media type list is blur, so I cannot select 16:9 as I want to burn.

If anyone knows, please help show or teach me what to do.
Thank you very much in advance.

Ferrymost,

Minion  2002-10-30 05:57:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are talking about "ulead DVD workshop" then you are in the wrong place but heres a Tip, you need to Make a Custom Profile to set it to 16:9...

thuydinh  2002-10-30 07:53:11 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your kind reply but in fact because I don't see any so that I can set my profile 16:9. It's blur. Another forum also no reply.

Thuydinh,

wcpaul  2002-10-30 17:41:30 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mpeg file flags determines whether the title is 16:9. Use TMPGEnc to encode (it is MUCH better) and set the aspect ratio in the Setting/Video sheet. Make sure DVD Workshop does not re-encode. There are some tools for fixing mpeg files on digital-digest.com.

Don't trim the beginning of the title in DVD Workshop because it will lose the 16:9 setting.

I author Leno Show music captured from a Hi-Def tuner and the result looks VERY close to the Hi-Def broadcast when played off the DVD. On a computer, it blows people away since they are used to ultralow def.

Question - TE25 - DTS to .WAV file? No.30044
dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-30 04:27:17 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know how to produce a .WAV file from a movie that uses the DTS audio format? thanks -Don

Minion  2002-10-30 05:48:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As of now there aren"t any Programs that will Decode a DTS File to WAV..There is a program that will Encode to DTS called "SureCode DTS" But I don"t think it will Decode to WAV...

Ashy  2002-10-30 11:31:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Except Graphedit, which I think is to complicated for a beginner to use.

ASHY

dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-30 13:17:46 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well...I just wanted the .WAV...I didn't care about if it came from DTS or the AC3 format... I just wanted a .WAV, but you guys solved that...in the previous posts.
-Don

Question - TE25 - Ashy, DVD2AVI woes No.30039
dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-30 04:22:24 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I posted a while back that I couldn't get the audio out of "castaway". You told me I was decoding the wrong track and gave me lengthy instructions on how to do it correctly...I am grateful, but they did NOT work.
You also recommended using VOB2Auido...I'd like to...but it doesn't produce the .D2V file TmpgEnc wants...
Can I use DVD2AVI to make the .D2V (project?) file and VOB2Audio to make the .WAV? Will mixing it up like that work?
still confused -- Don

Minion  2002-10-30 05:45:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK...If you ripped the VOB files with "SmartRipper" there will be a ".TXT" file in the Folder with your Vob files in that text file there will be a List of audio and video tracks that are in the Vob files...The first audio track on the list will be track "One"..Look for the first audio track that is "English" and "AC3" not "DTS" then extract the audio track that corresponds with that Number..Meaning if the "Second" audio track on the list is "English" and Not "DTS" But "AC3" then extract track Number "2"...if you want to use "Vob2Audio" you have to use "DVD2AVI" first to make a D2V file, but if you used "SmartRipper" then there should allready be a "D2V" file in with the "Vob" files...I ripped "Castaways" when it first came out on DVD and from what I remember I didn"t have a Problem with it....

Ashy  2002-10-30 11:12:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are definitely doing something wrong somewhere. There isn't a DVD on this planet that has DTS as the only audio track as this would be illegal as defined by the DVD specs.

Do as minion suggests and look for the Ac3 track under where it says 'Stream info' in the text folder called something like vts_02_INFO.txt.
It is almost always the first audio track and will look something like this:

Stream[002] X=[[0x80] Audio English AC3(6Ch) 48kHz

Note the stream number, in this case it is [0x80] then choose that stream in VOB2AUDIO.

If you used the latest version of Smartripper you will already have a .d2v file in your VOB folder. If not create one with DVD2AVI but check 'None' under Audio>Track number. This will create a .d2v without the wav file.

Now simply use the Wav from VOB2AUDIO and the .d2v from Smartripper or DVD2AVI in TMPG.

As a note this is the best and fastest way to rip a DVD and is the way I use and hardly ever have any problems with it.

ASHY

dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-30 13:15:41 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, I searched the .txt file, and "stream 3" is the first audio track that is AC3 and english...does that mean I want track 3?
using DVD2AVI to make the .D2V file and VOB2Audio to make the .WAV file worked fine...
I never knew that Smart Ripper made it's own .D2V project file...can TmpgEnc use that?
thank you...I have learned something again.
-Don

Ashy  2002-10-30 19:13:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can use the .d2v file that Smartripper creates and VOB2AUDIO for the wav. Just don't delete DVD2AVI as it is still required to decode the VOBS.

Did everything work OK?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc renders black after 9 mins No.30036
greydog  2002-10-30 02:44:04 ( ID:gh60/rvr6cj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please offer any suggestions as to why my movie starts rendering black after 9 mins.

I have a 12 min home video that runs just fine in the AVI format. I put the AVI into TMPGEnc for encoding into MPEG-2. At the 9 min position of the video (Which is 1 hour into the TMPGEnc encoding) the video turns black and continues to encode black till the end of the file. If I edit the movie (for trouble shooting purpose) so it contains only the section that begins playing black, make that section into an AVI, place it into TMPGEnc and render with the same settings, that movie section looks fine.

I edit my home movies with Premier 6.0 to AVI, render them in TMPGEnc V. 2.5.44.152 to MPEG-2 using the same settings (exception being I select video+ audio as the stream type) suggested in the tutorial supplied by http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html

I have had excellent success with all my other home movies which have been up to 15 mins long.

System: ABIT KG-7 Raid MB, AMD Athlon XP 1.7, 1Gig Crucial ECC 2100DDR ram, 32Mb Asus V7700 GeForce Deluxe AGP video card, C60Gig IBM 75GXP, D100 Gig WD BB E120 Western Digital BB, FPioneer 104, GPlextor 16/10/40a, Enlight 7235 case W/ Enlight HPC-300-101 PS, Soundblaster 5.1, 1394 Firewire card supplied with Studio DV, Win 2K Professional OS

Camera: NTSC Cannon Optura Pi, Full-Rez DV capture only, Microphone for Camera is Cannon DM-50

Thank you ..........

Minion  2002-10-30 05:37:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raiseing the "direct Show File reader" could help with the file turning black...go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...I"m more concerned with why it takes 1 hour to encode 9 minutes of video..On your System it should only take 10-15 minutes on High quality to encode 10 minutes of Video...

greydog  2002-10-31 10:52:12 ( ID:gh60/rvr6cj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Raised the direct Show File Reader to 2 but the video still came out bad. I saw in the options that a recently loaded program called "DVD2SVCD" had added some stuff to the "Vfapi Plugins" list. I removed the "DVD2SVCD" program from my system. Now the video will encode properly. I will do more troubleshooting on this as the video still took 2 hours and 24 mins to encode. I will post more here when I have some findings. Thanks much for the help!!!

Question - TE25 - Splitting Mpeg's, Video stops, Sound keeps going No.30033
Dippah  2002-10-29 20:00:07 ( ID:tbwe0zqo4ll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a rather large DVD quality rip of a movie. It came out to about 2.3gb in mpeg-2 format. I want to split the movie up into 4 segments so I can burn them to disc. However, when I use the mpeg tools included with TMPGEnc, and split the files, something goes wrong in the playback.

When I play the split files one by one, each of them stops playing video after 5 minutes or so, yet the Audio keeps on streaming normally. So Ill reach a point in a scene and the video will just freeze on one frame of video, but the soun keeps going.

Anyone know what causes this? Im using Windows Media Player to play the file, which works fine on all DVD and MPEG files Ive used before.

Thanks for any help.

WINXP
1800+ Athlon XP
GF2 Pro
GTXP Sound
512mb DDR

Minion  2002-10-29 20:37:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you can split a 2.3GB file into 3 parts and fit it on 3 700mb 80min CD-R"s (3 times 800MB=2.4gb)The problem is With the "Mpeg Tools" so you need to use a Different Mpeg editor..The mpeg tools are quite buggy at times you can try to re-install tmpgenc or use a different version but the best thing is to find a Reliable Mpeg editor...Mpeg2VCR is good but it adds To much padding to the edited mpeg stream..M2-Edit pro 5 is good but it costs $1500 US...There is a Good Mpeg editor that comes with Power VCR...To view your Mpeg2 files you shouldn"t use "Media Player" cuz it doesn"t display the true aspect ratio or resolution of the file....Use "Power DVD" or something simular...

Klaus Deiss  2002-10-29 21:41:23 ( ID:oiwedssihhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar problem. Sound stops - video goes on. I'am working with files created with hauppauge pvr. Sometimes (if there are some activities on the pc) the pvr-encoder cause some errors in the mpg-stream. If tmpgenc finds such an error it will either stop imediatly or continue without error but in the resulting file audio stops.

There is no problem to convert such a file with tmpgenc's encoder to annother format (e.g. VCD) - seems to be a special problem in tmpgencs cutting engine.

I found a workaround for the second error: demuxe the mpg file. take the resulting mp2 file and encode it with tmpgenc (audio only project).target mp2, same bitrate as input (or lower....) - remux mp2 and mpv - and there is sound !

For mpeg-2 input I'am using ligos decoder - I've also tested others - no difference in behavior. Prehaps Mr. Tsunami (thanks him a lot for his great great work!!!!) can fix this in a later release ????

Klaus Deiss

Question - TE25 - Stream Writting Error and Purple screen No.30027
Jin  2002-10-29 19:50:06 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using an avi file and I'm trying to change it into a MPEG-2 NTSC cbr 4000kbps and in the middle of encoding I get an STREAM WRITTING ERROR what causes this error and how can I fix it. Hey and how do you fix the purple screen you get when changing an avi into an MPEG-2

Minion  2002-10-29 20:29:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are getting a Purple screen then that can be caused by 2 things either you have the "Angel Potion codec" installed on your Machine which you should delete or you just need to raise the "Direct Show" file reader in the "Vfapi Plugins"...I think Stream writeing errors happen when you run out of Disk space..But I"m not sure if this is your problem so check to see if you have enough disk space.

Jin  2002-10-29 20:39:01 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it not that I got lots of space at least 30 gb but I still get it. How do I check direct show vfapi plug in?

Minion  2002-10-30 05:31:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you don"t have the "Angel potion Codec" then raise the "Direct show file reader" by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

Jin  2002-10-30 15:18:15 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I the tmpeg program? How about the stream error?

Jin  2002-10-30 15:21:06 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And what happens if we don't have the plugin. I mean I downloaded it but I don't think I installed it properly. How do you install it.

Question - TE25 - sound problem No.30024
jsmoney  2002-10-29 19:36:51 ( ID:5ovloagx4zh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey, i'm having a sound problem with making a magnolia mpg. i used dvd2avi to create a wav file that plays fine. however, when i try to create an mpg with tmpgenc, the video plays fine but there is no audio. i've tried doing it 3 times but i can't get it to work. everything has worked great on other movies though. any thoughts?

Ashy  2002-10-29 19:45:14 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the wav actually loading into the audio field?

Try raising the priority of the wav reader in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

Minion  2002-10-29 20:25:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And if all elce fails use something elce to encode the audio to mp2...

Question - TE25 - Ashy Can You help again? No.30022
jgraham95  2002-10-29 19:08:37 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy Ive been having trouble encoding episodes of a programme called dragonball Z! what happens is if i leave the direct show(enviromental settings) at -1 it does not recognise the avi files! But if i change the direct show to anything else the sound starts to jump! Playing for a second then being silent for a second! This continues through all the episodes i have done. I got told to use virtual dub for the audio and change it into a wav file. But sadly this does not help! Is there any way of sorting this as I never used to have this problem. Thanks In advance!!!!

Ashy  2002-10-29 19:34:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format are the AVI's in and what format are you encoding to?

When you extract the audio to a wav file does the wav file play ok in media player?
Have you tried raising the priority of the wav reader also?

If all else fails just encode the the movie without audio then use either dbpoweramp or MPEGDJencoder (much, much faster) to encode the audio to MPEG2 and multiplex the 2 files together.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Should I interlace or deinterlace? No.30020
Will Hay  2002-10-29 09:17:19 ( ID:dhjxyoqacl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm in a position where I can capture home movies through my Matrox capture card, run through TMPGEnc and author menu's with Ulead Movie Factory.
I tend to use the settings already set for me but wonder if I can achieve better quality by playing around.
I don't understand interlacing and deinterlacing, could someone tell me when and when not to use this?
Thanks,
Will

Ashy  2002-10-29 13:31:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If possible capture to your card without using interlacing this is called progressive frames. It will save you many problems later.

If you intend to watch the output on TV then use interlacing. If it's for monitor only don't use interlacing (progressive frames)
Having said that most DVD players are capable of playing progressive sources anyway, but DVD specs require MPEG2 sources to be interlaced.
MPEG1 is usually progressive.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Converted x4 .avi's of same type - only one out of synch No.30019
Will Hay  2002-10-29 09:05:15 ( ID:dhjxyoqacl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded four divx .avi files and converted them all to mpeg using TMPGEnc. Three are perfect except one where sound doesn't match the video - it is out of synch.
The file plays fine as an .avi it only goes out of synch after I use TMPGEnc.
Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Will

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.