Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 692 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 don t work whith napa dav! sylb 5 2002-10-06 14:09:03
Question TE25 the sound come after peter 1 2002-10-03 12:12:21
Question TE25 fades to pink JW 3 2002-10-04 21:27:43
Question TE25 How do u uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from Win 98 se ? Joe 1 2002-10-02 22:01:52
Question TE25 Do TMPG support DivX AVI files? Abel 8 2002-10-04 12:58:10
Question TE25 Quantize Matrix Foxbat 1 2002-10-02 14:52:52
Question TE25 Encoding Problem, Always Stops at ..... russ2489 2 2002-10-03 18:23:50
Question TE25 Audio encoder for TMPGE Sonny Trang 3 2002-10-03 04:26:10
Question TE25 meta data Oh 5 2002-10-02 15:04:16
Question TE25 CPU Utilization StephanWolf 2 2002-10-02 19:27:37
Question TE25 windows illegal operation error opening up avi file when direct show priority increased azacamis 0 2002-10-01 18:14:27
Question TE25 Template that sets items on "Advanced" tab phrend 2 2002-10-07 07:11:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 692 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - don t work whith napa dav! No.28897
sylb  2002-10-02 18:19:14 ( ID:lzgdmuewtor )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i convert a video file into *.*mpeg in order to burn a vcd (with nero) so as to play it with my napa dav311 (portable vcd player) the video don t play correctly whereas the pc play it well .. how can i do to creat a corect vcd with Tmpegenc for my napa??

ASHY  2002-10-02 21:59:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem exists because TMPG does NOT create 100% VCD compliant MPEGs. Your player does require 100% VCD compliant files.

To correct this you need to download the phillips VCD 2.0 toolkit. De-multiplex the MPEG with TMPG first then re-multiplex the files with the VCD toolkit multiplexer.
This should then create a 100% VCD compliant file which should work in your player ok.

ASHY

sylb  2002-10-03 17:34:33 ( ID:i/z7uelvrih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

and where can i download the philips toolkit? ?? I ve tryed it seens to be hard to find.. and do you know a 100% VCD compliant encoder??

ASHY  2002-10-03 20:45:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not the encoder but the TMPG multiplexer which is at fault and I'm not quite sure which other programs do create 100% compliant streams.

Here is some info on it and a link to download the software.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/VCD2TK_Intro.htm

ASHY

Paul M  2002-10-05 18:07:39 ( ID:cdwx28qz11c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to dissent here... I have "primarily" been using TMPG to make standard mpg for standard VCDs burnt by Nero. My source files tend to be .avi files downloaded thru KaZaa. If I use the TMPG standard VCD settings everything turns out fine. This is regardless of whether I play them on my progressive scan Panasonic DVD player or my non-progressive but VCD compliant Sony DVD player.

If I fool around with the bitrates then the resultant non-standard file can still be burnt to a CD-R by NERO but it will only play well on my progressive scan Panasonic.

I am no expert... but it may be your DVD/VCD player that is at fault.

ASHY  2002-10-06 14:09:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look.
It is well known by most people who have a lot of experience with TMPG and also known in a lot of other encoding forums that TMPG does *NOT* create 100% VCD compliant files. They will work in a DVD player no problem and maybe in your Sony, but will not work correctly in a strict VCD player such as the NAPA.
This is due to the way TMPG multiplexes and not the actual encoding.
This is a fact and not speculation.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - the sound come after No.28895
peter  2002-10-02 18:10:09 ( ID:vxd/zhkjvma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
then I convert a avi file with tmpgenc and burn it into a cd with nero and then I see it on my vcd player the sound of that movie came after the film.
why ?
send that answer to
peterthedragon@hotmail.com

alexpm  2002-10-03 12:12:21 ( ID:dynxxttysmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use field "audio gap correct" in option "source range" to syncrony audio and video.
You can put an positive or negative value depending if audio is later or sooner.
when you convert to VCD be sure opcion "source range" is marked.

Question - TE25 - fades to pink No.28891
JW  2002-10-02 17:33:57 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted a few avi movie files to mpeg1 files using TMPGenPlus and I am having problems with the video fading in & out with a pink tint...I am new to converting these type of files and have been going with the default settings...is there a fix for this problem??? Thanks

minion  2002-10-03 12:33:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The discoloration is usually caused by a codec you probably have installed on your system called "Angel Potion" you have to delete this codec and then re-encode your avi then the dis-coloration will go away...The Angel Potion Codec is a Hacked Mpeg4 codec that causes a lot of problems on systems that it is installed on...

JW  2002-10-03 17:04:02 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I checked the list of codecs in device mgr & codec properties and there isn't a codec called angel potion listed...is there another name used for this codec???

JW  2002-10-04 21:27:43 ( ID:a7onuwu5qzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is the fix...I found it on vcdhelp.com...it worked

change the codec reader settings in TMPGEnc under Option->Environmental settings->VFAPI plug-in and right click on the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and increase the priority to 1 or 2 and try open the video.

Question - TE25 - How do u uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from Win 98 se ? No.28889
Joe  2002-10-02 16:08:30 ( ID:d2sm9uvw0h2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I was just rying to uninstall TMPGEnc 2.58 from my system
and didnt find an uninstall option anywhere in Win 98 se.
Thank You ---Joe

ASHY  2002-10-02 22:01:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Er....well first of all you must realise that if you didn't install TMPG in the first place then it would be obvious you can't uninstall it.

You don't install TMPG, you simply unzip it and run it, so to get rid of it just delete the TMPG folder.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Do TMPG support DivX AVI files? No.28880
Abel  2002-10-02 15:57:38 ( ID:hhpex/btral )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Try to using TMPG join some DivX format AVI file. But no picture. How can I do.

ASHY  2002-10-02 22:06:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Raise the prioriy of the......blah.. blah...fed up with answering this one now...just do a search for 'Priority' on this BBS and you'll find the answer.

ASHY

Ok Now  2002-10-03 03:21:03 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I realize this one gets answered all the time but maybe this guy is new and what makes answering this question any different than before simply its becuase your tired dont take it out on the newbies. If you dont have any thing nice to say keep it to your self. Or you could just state to do a search for priority with out the attitude. You have to remember because this seems obvious to you doesnt mean its not for them.

minion  2002-10-03 12:30:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has nothing to do with being a Newbie or not,It has to do with not looking for an answer to the question before you post the question..Every question to every problem with Tmpgenc is here is these Pages and everyone can easily find most of the answers to there questions if they just took a couple of minutes and read through a few posts .Or even useing the search function at the top of this page which is The first thing I see when I enter this Forum..Just asking for a little effort that is all...The Great One Helps those who help themselves..And I don"t mean Wayne Gretzky.......

ASHY  2002-10-03 20:55:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, glad ur always there mate to back me up when the clever dicks arrive.

Listen here Mr Ok Now, whoever you are. It's an easy thing to use the search function at the top of this page and is no big deal.
I may be fed up with answering that same question, but at least I didn't ignore it completely which I could have done. Instead I did direct the guy as to where he could find the answer and he probably did find his answer and more besides too.

So keep your smart comments to yourself until you have actually made some kind of constructive contribution to this BBS like I have in the past for the long time I have stuck around and helped out on it.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-10-04 01:38:49 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm Interesting you seem to have taken this all the wrong way.
I always have positive thing to say about you and often credit you with being a real good advisor hear. It is I who am the "OK Now" and I think referring to some one, as the Dick is kind of harsh. When all I was trying to say is you seem to be a little harsh on the Poster "Abel" maybe he isnÃÕ as quick as you to figure out to search past post before asking questions. I mean I know my self I have learned a lot since I have been here and you guys seem to have been very helpful in the past and professional. I am glade you agree you might be fed up with answering that same questions. You know I go through the same thing at my job and some times have to remember the people I deal with donÃÕ know half the time and the other half well they should know better...lol Any way to make a long story short I am neither criticizing you Ashy or Minion in any way all I am saying is lets be Professional here. And their is no sense in your saying "So keep your smart comments to yourself until you have actually made some kind of constructive contribution to this BBS like I have in the past for the long time I have stuck around and helped out on it." I am neither trying to be smart (Just respectful of others) or am I Refuting your giving to this BBS you contribute immensely here..:o)

crap!  2002-10-04 04:06:11 ( ID:jpecy53prkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i agree with "newtronX" if u dont have nothing nice to say then dont answer! geesh... instead of making that kind of comment to "Abel". for me i rather not get any answer than getting that comment from ASHY. i know its not that hard to search for your question but like NewtronX said maybe this person is a newbie. u know wut newbie are right? they prolly didnt even know how to use BBS. they just saw someone ask so they ask too... or you ca just comment "try searching it with da subject 'priority'"

you guys think ur effin good than everybody...

NewtronX  2002-10-04 10:48:01 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont think Ashy thinks he is better than every one myself he has always been on the whole very nice and helpful. However I do believe from time to time we all get caught up in life and forget to breath. Also I know exactly what Ashy and Minion are saying about people not helping them selfs seems their is a lot of that these days however their is no need to be un-professional and we should all be considerate of each other. Well I think this post is getting out of hand so I will ask we just drop this..Thank you Ashy & Minion I have a great deal of respect for you encoding advice its been a great help to me and I am sure many others please keep up the good work ~NewtronX

ASHY  2002-10-04 12:58:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok fine whatever I'm not bothering getting into a debate about this.
When I first posted that message the answer to the question had already been posted in a message posted on the same page then I went to the next page and the answer was there also and is probably on every page of this BBS.

Being a newbie does NOT excuse lazyness and I'm not accusing this person or anyone else of being lazy, but the search funtion is cleary visible is not hard to find and a quick read through the other posts is no big deal either.

It is a fact of life that people would rather let others do the work for them rather than make the effort themselves.

If I think someone has not made the effort to help themselves as it seemed to me in this case then Iam not bound by any law to help them myself.

Having said this I did give the poster the benefit of the doubt and did direct his question as to where he would find his answer.
So for anymore have a go heros and moral defenders all I can say is your comments don't count until you have actually proved you have made substantial contribution to this BBS and spent many hours trying to help others out as I do and know for a fact Minion does.

It wasn't with an 'attitude' that I posted the reply but more a vent of frustration at the common disregard for using the search engine.
It is there and should be used and a little ticking off won't hurt anybody and wasn't done in a nasty offensive way, but the post may be read by others and a lesson may be learned.
Unlike myself who finds it offensive that newbies EXPECT that they deserve the regulars advice and respect without making the effort for themselves.

On an end note I will say that most newbies are polite and are indeed in need of a little help and have no problem with helping those people out even if the questions are repeated. You can tell by a persons post whether they have actually made an effort to find the answer and as far as search engines go I've heard the excuse that it wasn't seen or they didn't know how to use it far too many times.
Search engines have been used on the net for god knows how long and are everywhere. If you don't know how to use a search engine than you shouldn't be on the net.

Apologies to anyone who happened to be offended as this wasn't my intention.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Quantize Matrix No.28878
Foxbat  2002-10-02 11:42:28 ( ID:lctjdxsp7aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've got a question on the settings of the "quantize matrix" in TMPGEenc:
can anyone explain me, what it's all about? There are so many "explanations" on the web but it seems to me that no one really knows what to do. Is there any analytic way to set the matrix (not only a pseudo-empiric proceeding).
By the way: I search for an optimal matrix to get DV and (S)VHS material on DVD.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!!!

Bernd

B_racer  2002-10-02 14:52:52 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to know what a Matrix realy does, you have to learn a lot about the DCT and how they work. You must know things like Scanorders (Alternate for Interlaced Video, ZigZig for Progressive) and Stuff like that.

The simplest Explanation is: Each Element of the Matrix represents a part of the Frequence Spectrum of a Picture, not Pixels!
The left upper corner stands for low Frequencies, the lower right corner stands for higher Frequencies.
And High Frequencies are High Details, low Frequencies are Low Details.
So if the Numbers in the Elements are big, you will have a higher Quantisation, and that results in less Details in the Picture.

If you plan to produce a Interlaced SVCD, then search the Web for the interlaced Matrix from mb1

Question - TE25 - Encoding Problem, Always Stops at ..... No.28875
russ2489  2002-10-02 07:36:32 ( ID:ma6n7wfyka2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, Im trying to encode a video of mine. Only problem is that always when the movie gets so far done it will freeze up and not encode any farther. I have tried this 3 times and nothing seems to work. I also did move the Direct Show priority thing to a 2. Thanks and hopefully one of you can help me out.

Thanks,

Russ

minion  2002-10-03 12:20:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does it freeze up around the same time every time??If so then it is most likely a Problem with your AVI file..You can try frame serveing it to Tmpgenc with virtual Dub and with Virtual Dub it has better filters so you might get a better result if you have a less that perfect Source file...

russ2489  2002-10-03 18:23:50 ( ID:ma6n7wfyka2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will play around with it, some of my others files do not freeze up so it must be that particular file, thanks.

Question - TE25 - Audio encoder for TMPGE No.28871
Sonny Trang  2002-10-02 03:36:28 ( ID:exohdm9yplr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

A while back I think Ashy sent me a sound encoder to encode sounds separately from TMPGE, but I seem to loose that mail. If anyone knows of any freeware sound enconder, please let me know. When I used TMPG 2.57 to encode 1-hr AVI to MPG2, I lost the sound at ~33 min mark, and get it back within 1 min or so. I also had the same problem with version 2.56, but with a 2-hr AVI convertion, loosing sound at ~45 min mark.

Seem like all versions of TMPGE have this problem.

So I plan to encode sound separately, if I can find some freeware.

Sonny

gbagman37  2002-10-02 05:19:39 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/
goto this site and get the sampling rate converter, use it as a external plug-in for Tmpegnc.

http://www.sonicspot.com/scmpx/scmpx.html
goto this site and download the audio encoder, also use it in tmpegnc as a external plug-in.

In Tmpegnc goto Options>Environmental settings>External tools and then browse for the .exe files for each of these programs(after you unzipped them of course)

Sonny Trang  2002-10-02 18:13:12 ( ID:exohdm9yplr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for replying.

I am downloading now, and my next question is why do I need the
sampling rate converter?

Sonny

gbagman37  2002-10-03 04:26:10 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You do not need it, it is just Tpegnc does not do a very good job of encoding audio, so I use an external one. The sampleing rate needs to be changed for a Mpeg anyway. Also it seems to encode the movie faster.

Question - TE25 - meta data No.28865
Oh  2002-10-01 20:11:46 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first, thanks to minion

I tried to do that with TMPGEnc, and I did. but it didn't work.
I want to know, just how to put those info lines
and make it show during the play at the bottom line.

second, I tried to use 'ID-TAG' and I could change the infos of asf files,
but couldn't with MPEG files.
there is a saying like 'Install Power pack to enable tag editing'
but I don't know how.

third, this thing called Kazaa, how do I get it?

thanks again.
hope to hear from you soon.

ASHY  2002-10-01 20:24:26 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do u keep creating new threads on the same subject???

It is annoying and difficult to track the gyst of the thread. If it's an attempt to have ur posts noticed then don't bother as your post will most likely still be read so please refrain from this practice.

ASHY

Oh  2002-10-01 21:57:15 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry about that. didn't mean to annoy anyone.

perhaps you can tell me how to solve this problem.
can you?

Minion  2002-10-01 23:03:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What OS are you useing??Cuz In XP I don"t have any problem Entering "Meta Data" into Mpeg2 files..But it could be because I don"t use Tmpgenc to Encode the "Audio" I use "Sound Forge 6"....?????????

ffast  2002-10-02 02:27:43 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, you need to read "Term of use" of this BBS again.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_bbsrules.html

If you keep creating new threads, and breaking some rules in term of use,
I will ask moderator to delete your post.

Oh  2002-10-02 15:04:16 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

right. anyway I did apologize.

my OS is window 2000.
any solutions?

Question - TE25 - CPU Utilization No.28862
StephanWolf  2002-10-01 18:32:20 ( ID:jghoz8n9qow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPGEnc 2.5.8. When I first start Encoding, the CPU Utilization is at 100%, but as time goes by, the utilization continues to decrease until it reaches about 5%. It will spike up to 100% about every 3-5 seconds, but then drop back down to 5%. Any idea what could cause this?

System Settings
AMD Athlon XP 2000 processor
Iwill XP333 Motherboard
256 MB pc2700 memory
60 GB => 2 30 GB Raid-0 Hard Drives
Windows XP OS.

Thanks

Travis  2002-10-02 05:45:54 ( ID:2dgvoenolff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know about you but I have

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Asus AV7333 M.B.
256 PC2700 Dimm
40 GB ATA100 HD 7200 RPM
However I use Windows 2000 Pro

No Spike changes

Stewart  2002-10-02 19:27:37 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a P4 2.0 512K with Win XP and cpu runs full out all of the time.

Do you have anything else running at the same time and if so check background priority.

Question - TE25 - windows illegal operation error opening up avi file when direct show priority increased No.28861
azacamis  2002-10-01 18:14:27 ( ID:uj4bzxdhryn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem opening up this particular AVI file, as usual the 'cannot open or supported' error. It can open just fine using WMP. I thought checking the video codec it used might help but I cannot see it under WMP properties. It is definitely the video cause I can open the audio just fine. I tried increasing the direct show priority and it did not gives the same error but windows 'illegal operation' instead.

Any clues?

Question - TE25 - Template that sets items on "Advanced" tab No.28858
phrend  2002-10-01 18:13:01 ( ID:lysds8lbtrm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to make a template that sets up everything for me... including the settings on the "Advanced" tab. When I save my own templates, these settings do not appear to be saved?

Thanks...

ASHY  2002-10-01 20:35:09 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is correct these settings cannot be saved which only makes sense as each input source is most likely to be different anyway so there is no point in being able to save these settings.
Most of the settings do not change when TMPG is shutdown anyway unless you change them manually or load another movie.

ASHY

phrend  2002-10-07 07:11:39 ( ID:lysds8lbtrm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well... I'm trying to use TMPGEnc to convert videos that I extract from my TiVo to SVCD. They are all the same as far as I am concerned... too bad I can't make a template to automate the whole process.

Thanks for your reply... I guess I'll need to keep looking to see if there is an app that will better suit my needs.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.