Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 695 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 No Sound DBlakely 1 2002-09-29 15:24:45
Request TE25 Smart Cutting Proch 6 2002-09-30 09:41:46
Question TE25 dvd teha15 2 2002-09-29 10:51:04
Question TE25 why i am getting this kind of error? Can't load "P3Package.dll" teha15 1 2002-09-29 01:23:03
Question TE25 Divx to Mpeg2 MannaZen1 1 2002-09-28 23:22:56
Question TE25 choppy sound from dvd player urgrue 3 2002-09-29 11:00:02
Question TE25 tmpg chopper 2 2002-09-30 21:51:43
Question TE25 large files rickki804 6 2002-10-01 08:54:42
Bug report TE25 ASF to MPEG & DIVX NewtronX 7 2002-09-30 22:22:40
Question TE25 no sound alexpm 0 2002-09-28 17:11:45
Question TE25 Short mutes Oh 1 2002-09-28 17:06:44
Question TE25 Best settings for svcd kawiseca 2 2002-09-28 23:02:32

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 695 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - No Sound No.28781
DBlakely  2002-09-29 14:28:34 ( ID:dfnidruohph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to this. Ran TMPEnc to convert a Divx clip to MPG2 to burn a DVD. I accepted the default settings and began. The conversion LOOKS GREAT, but there's no audio!

What is up with that?

lupy  2002-09-29 15:24:45 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

extract the audio from the divx first with virtual dub and add the resulting wav to tmpgenc for the audio part and the divx for the video part...tmpgenc isn't good at decoding audio

Request - TE25 - Smart Cutting No.28774
Proch  Home )  2002-09-29 02:34:03 ( ID:uy2d9plrddh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great software. Part of my DVD authoring routine involved taking the encoded MPG and cutting it up so that it looks like different tracks on the DVD. I use the MPEG tools in TMPGEnc for this... What would be nice is if there were a "Smart Cut" feature, that would go through the MPG and create a cut wherever a scene change were detected...

Minion  2002-09-29 03:12:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I personally wouldn"t use Tmpgenc to cut a Mpeg file into little pieces..There are so many little problems that pop up in the mpeg tools like mostly Sync issues with Mpeg files edited with tmpgenc...The New M2-edit Pro 5 is really good at editing without any problems in the mpeg stream...isn"t it just easier to put the chapter points in the movie Manually with the Authoring program than by haveing to cut the file into little pieces??

ASHY  2002-09-29 10:50:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My sentiments exactly. Why are u cutting up the MPEG instead of using chapter points which is much easier and less risky than cutting the MPEG up?

ASHY

crsv2  2002-09-29 17:34:03 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

m2-edit pro5 - at $1495 it better be good

ouch!

Minion  2002-09-29 23:07:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Like all softwre it is free if you know were to look..

Proch  Home )  2002-09-30 03:10:17 ( ID:uy2d9plrddh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVD burning software that I have doesn't have the concept of "Chapter points". In order to create a separate track, I have to have a separate MPG. What do you all suggest for DVD burning software?

Minion  2002-09-30 09:41:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess it depends on what you are into...But if you aren"t trying to make a hollywood production or anything then "Ulead DVD Movie Workshop" works pretty good and the 1.2 version Now supports 16:9 Widescreen and Dolby digital Audio..But if you Do want to make a Hollywood Production then Maybe "Sonic DVD Producer" is a Good one It supports 30 Audio tracks 99 menues a few different Subtitle tracks and "Wav, Dolby Digital, and Mpeg audio" I have been haveing fun trying to figure it out ..But the ulead one is Much more user friendly and Much more affordable..Something like $200 for Ulead and $4000 for DVD Producer..And there are Quite a few Authoring programs in between ..All I would sugest is to NOT get a "Roxio" Product cuz they can really screw up your system...On mine it over wrote the Driver for my cd-rw and dvd-Rom and wouldn"t let me Un-Install new one or roll back the driver..It was hell...good luck

Question - TE25 - dvd No.28771
teha15  2002-09-29 00:44:58 ( ID:bugbp0g7xbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mpeg to dvd

Minion  2002-09-29 01:24:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes....

Now What kind of Question is that....

ASHY  2002-09-29 10:51:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Coffee, two sugars.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - why i am getting this kind of error? Can't load "P3Package.dll" No.28769
teha15  2002-09-29 00:36:27 ( ID:bugbp0g7xbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why i am getting this kind of error

Minion  2002-09-29 01:23:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There could be a few reasons...First you have to make sure than all the Tmpgenc file you downloaded are in the Same folder not just sitting on your desktop...And make sure that one of those files is called "P3P Package.DLL" and if all the files are in the same folder and there is a File called "P3P Package.DLL" then Trying to Copy and Paste that file into the "System32" Folder..and if that doesn"t work then Delete Tmpgenc and download it again..

Question - TE25 - Divx to Mpeg2 No.28767
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-28 22:41:45 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert a divx to SVCD using Tmpgenc, which bitrate settings should i use in order to keep nearly the same quality as the source in order to place the output files on (preferably)2 or 3 CD's?

Minion  2002-09-28 23:22:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download a Bitrate calculator from: http://www.digital-digest.com/

Question - TE25 - choppy sound from dvd player No.28763
urgrue  2002-09-28 22:37:23 ( ID:pen9yxl4tcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the svcd's i produce with tmpegenc (and nero for burning) end up having choppy sound during scenes with lots of sound going on. it doesnt seem to matter how much action is in the video though. this happens regardless of source audio format, ive tried various formats including uncompressed pcm and wav.
im now thinking this might be due to the max bitrate of the svcd standard, which is apparently 2778kbps. ive tried using CQ,VBR,CBR, etc, but always with bitrate (or max bitrate) at 2520. that plus sound is 2744, so it should be okay.
but ive heard that if you even get close to the max limit it may be too much.
has anyone noticed this, and gotten around the problem?
im going to try a lower max bitrate for the video to compensate, but as the computing/burning/testing process is pretty tedious i thought id ask just in case anyone has experienced this.

urgrue  2002-09-28 22:38:49 ( ID:pen9yxl4tcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oh yeah, forgot to mention, the mpeg files play fine from the computer. its only when viewed from my stand-alone dvd player that the choppiness occurs. so its not any encoding problem.

Minion  2002-09-28 22:55:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I have Experienced this quite a few time when makeing really High bitrate XSVCD"s..Ever player has it"s max bitrate before you start getting problems Mine is pretty High about 6000KBS, but the effect i get is the same as yours, and I thought it was something wrong with the Audio but the audio allways sounded fine in the computer..I think you just have to find the max for your player and stay below it...

ASHY  2002-09-29 11:00:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your player is SVCD compatible then it should handle those bitrates ok.
The maximum Video bitrate for SVCD is 2,600 kb/s and the max audio bitrate is 384 kb/s which is 2824 kb/s in total. Your bitrate is under this.

Have you used the MPEGtools to cut your movies at any point and which stream setting did you use when you used them?
Also what speed are you burning your disks at?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - tmpg No.28760
chopper  2002-09-28 22:06:49 ( ID:czkfow32nl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my tmpg enc will not do avi movies but it will do music clips witch are avi can som one help ot an tell me why

Minion  2002-09-28 23:19:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably just need to raise the Priority of the "Direct Show file reader" you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

gbagman37  2002-09-30 21:51:43 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The biggest problem people have with avi files is they don't realize avi is a generic term. It is the most widely used audio/video format on Windows platforms. However it is not at all the easiest file to play. Because it is not compressed with one specific codec, rather it is a file that can be compressed (or completely uncompressed) with any one of hundreds of codecs (examples: DivX, MPEG-4v2, Indeo 3.2, I263, Cinepak etc.).
AVI means "Audio Video Interleave".

Question - TE25 - large files No.28753
rickki804  2002-09-28 20:47:06 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have downloaded movie files that are in 2 parts. Each part is more than 700mb. Is it safe to assume that if I want to encode these file that I will have to divide them as I would full avi files. I ask this question because I will have to use 4 cd-rws for one full movie. Are there any alternatives?

Minion  2002-09-28 23:16:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The size of the resulting Mpeg file is Directly related to the Length of the source file not the size of the source file..An hour of avi file that is 300MB will be the same size and Hour of AVI that is 1GB as long as the same bitrate is used...

ASHY  2002-09-29 11:06:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You shouldn't need to use 4 disks for a regular movie no matter how large the source is. Like Minion states it is the running time of the film which determines the size of the output not the size.
If you are creating VCD from this movie then it is likely to fit on just two disks. If it is a large movie and you are creating SVCD then you will likely need 3 disks.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-09-30 15:41:37 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok let me understand this. You two are saying that if I have a movie that is in 2 parts that equal over 700MB prior to encoding, that I should be able to fit ALL of the encoded material on two disk as usual, that the lenght of the file is more relevent than the size??? Therefore a two hour movie file encode should fit on two disk when burned.

gbagman37  2002-09-30 21:56:17 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A 700 MB CD-R will hold 1 hour and twenty minutes of MPEG(1) Video. I usally put 78 minutes of movie on first cd then the rest on next. Only twice have I had to use three cd's

ASHY  2002-09-30 22:18:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It wouldn't matter if the source movie was 10GB in size. It is totally irrelevant.
If it's only a 2 hour movie and even if it was 10GB it would still fit on 2 disks when encoded to MPEG1 VCD.
It is the output bitrate and the length of the movie which determines the output size not the the input size and bitrate.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-10-01 08:54:42 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the heads up. I was having an issue about the possibility of using so many cds. Appreciate the help.

Bug report - TE25 - ASF to MPEG & DIVX No.28745
NewtronX  2002-09-28 17:45:54 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed a flaw in the TMPGenc. When I go to turn a ASF into a MPG when I view it in the Setting>Advance>Source to adjust its start and end points it freezes TMPGenc up so I figured must be the file but when I looked at the file it plays fine.
So I decided to encode it to Divx through TMPGenc with out any setting of the Source filter to my surprise it worked fine. Next I relized maybe it has to do with viewing the file in TMPGenc since I always leave the preview feature of it was possible that it could be that TMPGenc doesnt like to display it. I belive the Source Edit function to be BUGY and in need of some looking at beguging and smoothing out.
So I switched on preview and it froze TMPGenc up. I have noticed that their isnt a whole great deal of attention payed to the easy converstion of other formats with TMPGenc I hope this is looked at closer in future editions as being able to convert from oneformat to the next is what brought me to fall in love with TMPGenc in the first place. I am looking forward to Version 3 but hope and pray it will be able to Convert Video types easily. I wish tmpgenc would convert RAM,RM,MOV,ASF,WMV,AVI formats<DIVX> with better ability for their are so many people out on the net using to many codecs it seems these days. TMPGenc is a great product why not make it awsome! I only want to use one encoder for all my needs! And this should be TMPGenc I hate it when I see people suggesting to use other encoders here in the BBS to get around compatibility problems this seems a real shame. If I was the authore of TMPGenc I would be Outraged and work harder to make sure TMPGenc was the only encoder talked about becuase it was purely the best and compatible.

POP  2002-09-28 20:06:40 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> TMPGenc was the only encoder talked about becuase it was purely the best and compatible.

I agree that TMPGEnc is one of Best encoder, but it seems to be aiming at
more stability side than compatiblities with other formats.

By the way, TMPGEnc does not support ASF as far as I know.

Minion  2002-09-28 23:12:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It converts ASF and WMV but Just not very well sometimes,I think this has more to do with the fact the ASF and WMV are Very compressed and there fore has a lot more errors in it than say and AVI file...I think most of the problems that Tmpgenc has encodeing certain formats is due to the codecs used to decode the files for Tmpgenc than tmpgenc it"s self,cuz after the codec is finnished decodeing the file for tmpgenc all files are pretty much the same, and the problems occur when the codec doesn"t decode it properly.....

NewtronX  2002-09-29 06:32:54 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion your probable right but just seems it should all work together smoothly though after all if another encoder can decode and encode (convert) a file then TMPGenc could also. TMPGenc Rules! Please Hori Help smooth out the conversion process. :o)

ASHY  2002-09-29 11:26:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone actually considered that the reason why TMPG sometimes has problems converting certain formats is precisely because it DOES support so many formats.

What I mean is how many encoders do you know of that will accept almost all formats there is with a few exceptions. I don't know of any other encoder which works with so many formats. I.E. AVI,MPEG,WMV,ASF,MOV,JPG,BMP,VDR,AVS just to name a few.

It is because of this multi format support which maybe causing the problem. There are so many codecs that TMPG must work with and this is bound to cause problems on an incorrectly configured system. Some people install all sorts of conflicting software and codecs on their systems which turns their system into unstable crap.

Then when something doesn't work poor TMPG gets the blame when really it is a badly configured system which is at fault.
It must be the truth because time and time again there are people on this BBS with certain problems which TMPG gets blamed for being buggy, but these same problems are never experienced by myself and some others.

I can say I very rarely have had, if ever, any problems with ASF or WMV files or compressed audio for that matter.
In my experience I would say it is either the file, the TMPG settings and or the system which is at fault and maybe on rare occasions TMPG itself.

Set things up with TMPG correctly, set the priorities right in the VFAPI plugins for the particular file you are encoding so TMPG knows which codec to use to give that file type the top priority over the others and use a good clean system and only the codec you need rather than one which has god knows how many different silly codec packs installed and all sorts of different player/encoder software using different conflicting codecs.

If you do this you won't have as many problems. I only install what's needed not multiple versions of encoders and authoring software and I have a stable system without the many problems posted on this BBS.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-29 23:13:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Exactly..You are better off haveing only the software you need and the codecs you need than having every codec in the book installed that you will never use..

NewtronX  2002-09-30 21:50:07 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah I hear what you guys are saying about "only the software you need and the codecs you need". I just Like the ability to down load whatever files I want and then converting them to one format. I wish I didnt have to deal with crapy Real player formats or WMV files but unfortunatly so many people use so many different formats these days. I myself prefer (AVI)DIVX or MPG1 or MPG2 files. On a positive note I never have a problem with those files unless its a corrupt file. TMPGenc is awsome and I also understand when you say "TMPG sometimes has problems converting certain formats is precisely because it DOES support so many formats." I am sure thats a big part of it and yes alot of issues on the BBS are user computer related or improper set up but their are those that are not. Like any help forum users tend to only visit here or post here when problems exist from what ever reason..LOL Well Ashy, Minion I have to say its nice having regulars who like to help out and I really like the info you give out here I label you both as the resident Experts of TMPGenc and I just like visiting here to see if I can learn a few tricks most of the time its nice to read the problems and see the answers given. :o)

ASHY  2002-09-30 22:22:40 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks 4 that, good to be appreciated.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - no sound No.28744
alexpm  2002-09-28 17:11:45 ( ID:dynxxttysmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From any time (I think from divx 5) I cannot convert correctly divx films to VCD, using for PAL.

When I select video file, TMPGENC don´t detect sound automaticaly.

I need to convert first sound with virtualdub to change the sound file.

when I have do this, I have no problem with first VCD disk starting from the begining, but I spend a lot of time syncronizing video & sound for the second VCD, and sometime I cannot do it.

tks for help.

Question - TE25 - Short mutes No.28742
Oh  2002-09-28 16:40:17 ( ID:enob4yszwt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I began to use your program TMPGenc Plus 2.54.37.135 Full few days ago
and I've got to ask you how to solve some problems I got.

I'm using TMPGenc Plus 2.54.37.135 Full to change asf files into mpeg files
so that I can burn a vcd.

and so far I worked on about 10 files
and 3 files are okay both at sound and at screenplay.
but the rest of those 7 files got some problem.
There were some short mutes during the songs,
So, the screenplay was fine but the sound wasn't.

How do I solve this?
Because I did the same on these 7 files
as I did to those 3 files.
and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Please tell me, thank you.

lupy  2002-09-28 17:06:44 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hmm...asf formatt can be tricky sometimes. Assuming your asf files are not corrupt, have u extracted the audio from the asf and converted to wav first? Use dbpower amp http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ to do that and then add the wav to tmpgenc for the audio rather that using the asf file.

U might also want to try to repair the asf using asf tools 3.1 http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/.

Bear in mind that tmpgenc is not good at encoding from audio formatts other than wav so u should always add wav files for the audio. Make sure u download the WMA codec from the dbpower amp site so u can convert windows media audio in the asf to wav. Good luck,,,

Question - TE25 - Best settings for svcd No.28739
kawiseca  2002-09-28 13:32:43 ( ID:1pgbvelk.hm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I search for the best setting to convert avi to mpeg2 as a svcd.
Can anyone help me and tell me the setting. I am not sure,
i should do a movie on one or on two cds.

Thanx, kawiseca

ASHY  2002-09-28 15:16:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use one of the templates.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-28 23:02:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And a Whole movie should go on 2 or 3 CD-R"s in SVCD format..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.