Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 703 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Illegal MPEG Audio Stream Lee 3 2002-09-24 12:58:03
Question TE25 How to merge multiple .avi files into 1 mpg? anon 2 2002-09-24 10:40:05
Question TE25 Is using an IDE harddrive fast enough ?? wez 1 2002-09-23 17:22:53
Question TE25 Reduce file sizes DIVX 3 2002-09-25 14:44:34
Question TE25 S-Video Spider 2 2002-09-23 21:26:38
Question TE25 sound not synch'd Zouleous 2 2002-09-23 21:20:06
Question TE25 Video and AUdio Sync Matt 4 2002-09-23 21:14:44
Question TE25 strange: is it time warp? lysangelle 4 2002-09-24 09:21:35
Question TE25 DVDit! each GOP header must e preceded y a sequence header Kaz 1 2002-09-23 21:10:11
Question TE25 Is using an IDE harddrive fast enough ?? wez 4 2002-09-24 10:45:12
Question TE25 illegal stream format hobo2000 2 2002-09-23 18:41:36
Question TE25 audio problem Tomo 1 2002-09-23 15:55:05

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 703 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Illegal MPEG Audio Stream No.28464
Lee  2002-09-23 18:28:57 ( ID:nsggymrb8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When trying to create an MPEG from both an AVI and from a WAV file, TMPG gives the error "Illegal MPEG audio stream".

I am importing into TMPG an audio file (an uncompressed WAV file created from the original AVI file using Virtual Dub) and an AVI file. The reason why I stripped out the audio from the AVI, is because TMPG originally gave me the additional error "Virtual Dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding ...", and then would record no audio. I read somewhere that stripping out the audio to a WAV file, and them recombining would solve the no audio problem (and it appears to have worked, as I have audio in the part of the AVI to MPEG conversion that was successful).

Thinking this "Illegal MPEG audio stream" problem could have been a CPU load at the time when I created the WAV file (even though I was not touching the PC), I tried stripping out the audio a second time (from the AVI file), and then recreating the MPEG from the combined AVI/WAV file a second time. When recombining/converting AVI/WAV to MPEG a second time, the problem occured again, at precisely the same place in the AVI to MPEG conversion.

My TMPG audio settings are MPEG Audio Layer-1, 48000 Hz sampling frequency, Stereo channel mode, Bit rate=192, Error protection selected.

My TMPG video settings are MPEG-1 Video, 640x352 pixels, 1:1 (VGA) aspect ratio, 23.976 fps, Constant bitrate (CBR) for rate control mode, bitrate 1150 kbits/second, and Motin search precison = Normal.

Please, are there any suggestions as to the best way to approach this in terms of TMPG settings, or in terms of chopping the MPEG into pieces where the error occurs, and then try to recombine? Both the AVI file and uncompressed WAV files are big (600+ MBytes) and the error occurs 92% into the new MPEG file.

Minion  2002-09-23 21:36:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you can try to do is not encode the audio in Tmpgenc at all..Just encode the Video(set the stream type to "Video only)this will give you a mpeg video file then use something like "Headac3e" or even "DB Power amp" to encode the audio to MP2" then use the "Mpeg tools" "simple Multiplex" to join the Mpeg video and the "Mp2 audio into a Mpeg file..and if you are going to make a VCD then you need to change a Whole bunch of your settings cuz useing those settings just won"t play on a DVD Player...For VCD you need the Resolution to be set to "352+240"(NTSC)for VCD compliance, and you need the Frequency of the Audio to be set to "44100HZ" not 48000HZ, of it will not play on a DVD/VCD player...

Lee  2002-09-24 06:13:10 ( ID:nsggymrb8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankyou for your suggestions. Very helpful for a beginner like myself.

Prior to reading your post, I managed to succeed with an AVI to MPEG conversion by installing "TooLame" encoder as a "plugin" to TMPG, and I switched the TMPG audio output to "MPEG-1 Audio-Layer-2" (to access the plugin). However, as you point out, my settings are incorrect for a VCD. From reading your post I now understand that if I want to create a VCD, I will need to redo the AVI to MPEG conversion, to 44100 Hz audio and Resolution 252+240(NTSC). Hopefully having succeeded with this step, that step (with different settings) will work also.

lupy  2002-09-24 12:58:03 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

for a pal or ntsc VCD load one of the templates...then u have to have the right settings!

Question - TE25 - How to merge multiple .avi files into 1 mpg? No.28461
anon  2002-09-23 18:23:34 ( ID:rhtpmvzmp2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used Pinnacle Studio software to convert my DV tape to avi. It created 5 avi files. Tmpgenc seems to allow me to specify only 1 file as the source. How do I tell Tmpgenc that I need to convert all 5 avi files and merge them into a single mpg file?

Thanks for your response.

lupy  2002-09-23 19:29:43 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

join the avi files with virtual dub or pecks avi joiner

B_racer  2002-09-24 10:40:05 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also use AVISynth.

www.videotools.net

Question - TE25 - Is using an IDE harddrive fast enough ?? No.28459
wez  2002-09-23 17:12:33 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am capturing my video from a digital camera onto my 80gig baracuda IDE Harddrive, when I try and encode it using TMPG, I get Horizontal lines in the film, but only when there is fast movement of people or the camera.

Does anyone know the data rate needed to capture video onto the hard drive and encode to DVD.

Do most use a SCSI drive ????

Any help will be very appreciated !

ASHY  2002-09-23 17:22:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your drive should be plenty fast enough for capturing even at full resolution. The Baracuda's are pretty fast drives and as such you shouldn't have problems capturing with one.

Your horizontal lines are called interlace lines. You need to use the de-interlace filter under the advanced tab in settings.
The deinterlace option you want will be either Odd field or Even field.

As a tip the next time you capture. Use a codec which allows you to capture to progressive frames this will solve your interlacing problem.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Reduce file sizes No.28455
DIVX  2002-09-23 16:35:32 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I'm using a custom encoding from Ashy. I need to reduce the file size on some movies and wonder what setting I should change to reduce the file.

I use:
480x480
CQ 65% 4000 x 1800

Sometimes all I need is 10% or even 20 less file size.

Thanks Steven

You guys have been great on here :-)

Olli  2002-09-23 16:54:36 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To reduce the file size, you can either

- lower the minimum bitrate
- lower the maximum bitrate
- lower the CQ level

any one of the above (or a combination)should work although the quickest is probably to lower the CQ level

ASHY  2002-09-23 17:32:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually lowering the maximum bitrate by 500-1000 kb/s and reducing the Q level by 5% is enough to reduce the file size by 10-20%.
Reducing the Q level by 5% will roughly give you a 100 mb decrease in size.

Also it may not be necessary to reduce the quality of the Video to fit the Movie on to disk.

It is possible to reduce the audio bitrate to 128 kb/s and still mantain a decent sound quality. This will reduce the overall size. Another point to remember is that you can overburn most 80min disks by 20 mb. This will give you an extra 40mb to play with. Add this to the reduction in size of the audio part and you may be able to fit it on the disks without adjusting the Video bitrate.

ASHY

Olli  2002-09-25 14:44:34 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good point about the audio Ashy ... I always reduce mine ...dunno why I forgot to mention it. Brainfart !

Question - TE25 - S-Video No.28452
Spider  2002-09-23 16:29:22 ( ID:wtrxrde6i5. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone out there know if there are any programs that will convert the S-Video format that I recieve from my CamCorder to MPEG format so that I can make some valid VCD's or SVCD's.

Thanks

Olli  2002-09-23 16:57:50 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe Adobe Premier does this

Minion  2002-09-23 21:26:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really understand by S-Video format, From what I understand "S-Video" isn"t a format but the mane of the type of port or connection from your Cam-Corder to whatever you used to transfer it to your computer..Like My dvd Player and my VCR have "S-Video" outputs..What program are you useing to Transfer your Cam-Corder movies to your Computer???Are you useing a "Analog" Capture card or a "Digital" Firewire Port??I would be more than Happy to help you but I need more information on your set-up and what you wan"t done..

Question - TE25 - sound not synch'd No.28449
Zouleous  2002-09-23 16:14:18 ( ID:u/5c5v/mmtc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've ripped the Swordfish DVD using "DVD Decrypter". Then used "DVD2AVI" to create a .d2v file and audio file. For some reason every time I encode the first half of the movie to an MPEG the audio is like 10 seconds before the video. Other movies I've encoded with no problems. Why is it doing this?

Zouleous

Spider  2002-09-23 16:22:34 ( ID:wtrxrde6i5. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sounds like in the original DVD the sound had a delay given to it that you did not notice when you got the outputs from DVD2AVI. What I would suggest is to take the AVI and put it into VirtualDub and then take the Wav which, if you got an AC3 from DVD2AVI you can get from BSWEET, and add that wav to the VirutalDub also. Then play with the Delay factor until everything comes out correctly. Save it and redo it into Tmpgenc.

Minion  2002-09-23 21:20:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there is a "Audio Delay" it will have the delay value in the name of the audio file..You should only get a Delay if you are ripping the audio to the wrong format, you have to rip it to "WAV" format with the "Dolby Surround downmix"..And if after all this there still seems to be a delay then there is an easy fix you just de-mux the Mpeg file and re-Mux it with "Mpeg2VCR" it has a feature in it"s multiplexor than will allow you to adjust for audio delay when joining the audio and video streams...

Question - TE25 - Video and AUdio Sync No.28444
Matt  2002-09-23 15:39:20 ( ID:5djwwcsigij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if someone could give me a little help with this problem.
I have a VOB file that was converted to AVI and the audio extracted as a WAV file. I am using TMPG encoder to convert them back to a MPEG2 so I can burn it as a DVD. I edited the AVI file and need to make the WAV file match the AVI file. Is there any way to preview the file in TMPG encoder before you actually encode it? ANY help is very appreciated and thanks so much for your time.
Matt

lupy  2002-09-23 15:46:03 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it would be easier if the avi file was edited before the audio was extracted. How did u edit the avi btw?

Matt  2002-09-23 18:54:10 ( ID:5djwwcsigij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used DVDTOAVI to convert the VOB file to a AVI file and it seperates the Audio from the video. I looked but did not find a option to keep them together when converting them. Is there another program that is better out there?
thanks so much for the info
Matt

lupy  2002-09-23 19:24:28 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm no expert on dvd...maybe others can help...all i can sugest is to use dvd2avi to demux the vob file and then encode to mpg using tmpgenc rather than avi and do the editing on the mpg...if thats posible...what kind of editing are u doing? just cuting? or filters? or..

Minion  2002-09-23 21:14:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way you use DVD2AVI to make a Mpeg1/2 file is NOT to make an avi file..What you do is go to "Save Project" and save a D2V project file and a Wav audio file then you load the D2V file into tmpgenc as the Video and the wav as the audio then encode to mpeg1/2....Doing it this way is a lot easier than makeing an AVI file and faster and the quality is much better...

Question - TE25 - strange: is it time warp? No.28439
lysangelle  2002-09-23 14:45:24 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I installed the last version of TEMPGEnc. and tried to encode two different movies to burn without succes for either of them for the same reason.

When i start the process the program estimate it will take about 14 hours for a 1h25 movie
But that's not the problem, after 4 hours and a half the preview and source position show it reached the end of the movie but only +/- 30% of the process seems to be done if you believe the progression bar.

i then have a error message saying:
Read error occured at adress 00401CB8 of module 'TEMPGEnc.exe' with FFFFFFFF

The resulting file seems to be the correct size but is not working.
I'm using downloaded templates but they worked before with the previous version of the program.

Can someone help please?
Thanks in advance

B_racer  2002-09-23 14:50:55 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is an DivX-Movie, you should use VirtualDub as a Frameserver.

lysangelle  2002-09-23 16:26:06 ( ID:mwbxsjajqpm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If it is an DivX-Movie, you should use VirtualDub as a Frameserver.

Thank you for taking time to answer.
I tried this and apparently it's a conspiration!
TMPGEnc now refuse to open the .vdr file saying the format is not supported.
i'm new at working with these can you tell? ;)

Thanks again anyway.

ASHY  2002-09-23 17:41:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To frameserve from Virtualdub you need to install the Virtualdub frame serving client first.
Look in the Virtualdub help file for info how to do this or go to VCDhelp.com.

Before that though try raising your Directshow multimedia file reader to 2 under the VFAPI plugins tab in TMPG, Option>enviromental setting.

ASHY

lysangelle  2002-09-24 09:21:35 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Before that though try raising your Directshow multimedia file reader to 2 >under the VFAPI plugins tab in TMPG, Option>enviromental setting.
>
>ASHY

Thanks Ashy!

this seemed to work :D
Thanks again.

Syl

Question - TE25 - DVDit! each GOP header must e preceded y a sequence header No.28437
Kaz  2002-09-23 14:31:19 ( ID:djn.03fs6rk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVDit! will not process my work that contains tmpg dvd files. It requests that the GOP header must be proceded by a sequence header.

I have chacked that the defaul GOP setting have sequence headings at 1 X GOP

Minion  2002-09-23 21:10:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that should get your file into DVDit, all you need is to have the "interval of sequence header" set to "1" and have a closed GOP, have you tried DE-Multiplexing the mpeg file and loading the audio and video seperately??For some reason doing that seems to stop than error...

Question - TE25 - Is using an IDE harddrive fast enough ?? No.28432
wez  2002-09-23 13:53:02 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am capturing my video from a digital camera onto my 80gig baracuda IDE Harddrive, when I try and encode it using TMPG, I get Horizontal lines in the film, but only when there is fast movement of people or the camera.

Does anyone know the data rate needed to capture video onto the hard drive and encode to DVD.

Do most use a SCSI drive ????

Any help will be very appreciated !

B_racer  2002-09-23 14:53:40 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you see is interlaced Video. This has nothing to do with your Harddisc. It's the way, Camcorders are working.
You have two choices: Leave it interlaced, but that needs high Bitrates.
Deinterlace it, but then you will loose sharpness and smooth Moving.

wez  2002-09-23 17:16:08 ( ID:cts0b298yqw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply !

Can you be a bit more specific, Im not at all daft with all this, but this problem I have is realy annoying !!!

Thanks

Wez

Minion  2002-09-23 21:03:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your best bet is to use the "De-interlace filter" in the "Advanced Settings" and choose the filter that get"s rid of the lines best with the least amount of blurring, and be sure to have the field order set correctly, because this will dive you a sort of jumpy look in high motion scenes..If you use the "Wizard" to load the file in then it will analize the file and set the field order correctly...

B_racer  2002-09-24 10:45:12 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If he want's to encode for DVD, it is NOT the best choice to deinterlace.
Hey, we are talking about DVD! On DVD, you have enought space to use high Bitrates for a very clear and sharp interlaced Video.

Question - TE25 - illegal stream format No.28429
hobo2000  2002-09-23 11:45:57 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to download a movie and i get the error message

ILLEGAL STREAM FORMAT

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN AND WHAT DO I DO//////////////////////////

HELP HELP HELP

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

B_racer  2002-09-23 14:55:52 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc is a MPEG-Encoder, not a Download-Manager...

Buy a new Keyboard, your Capslock-Key hangs...

hobo2000  2002-09-23 18:41:36 ( ID:1yd0ud.pnm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

funny funny
no i went through virtualdub and clicked on the movie i am trying to format so i can play on my dvd.......next step tmpg when i click on the movie to place in tmpg that is when the illegal stream format error appers now any suggestions?

Question - TE25 - audio problem No.28427
Tomo  2002-09-23 10:32:34 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a avi file of which ive extracted the audio wav and inserted into tmpg.i have retarded and advanced the audio until i have the audio in sync.i encode a test piece with the audio in sync (say -1500ms) and all is ok.when i encode it again with the audio retarded to -1500ms as before it is out of sync ????????.
i have had this with a few avi,s lately so im wondering if anyone has any ideas.
the top an bottom of the problem is...no matter how much i sync the audio up with the video file ...it changes next time i encode??

Cheers ..my heads done in an i cant think anymore...ouch

lupy  2002-09-23 15:55:05 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how r u retarding the audio?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.