Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 723 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 mpeg2 input codecs Peter 3 2002-09-08 07:14:13
Question TE25 Quality of MPG Dean 0 2002-09-06 22:57:52
Question TE25 want to convert Al 2 2002-09-07 19:44:46
Question TE25 Write Error with TMPGENC using DVD2AVI crsv 2 2002-09-07 02:04:12
Question TE25 Is TMPGenc going to make us buy TMPGenc again for version 3 update??? joeAgain------ 2 2002-09-06 17:00:13
Question TE25 DVD2AVI do you need it ? Denniz 1 2002-09-06 14:15:36
Question TE25 Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240) Sir Snooze Pz 2 2002-09-06 22:35:29
Request TE25 Encoding more than one file in the same process jpsdr 3 2002-09-08 14:46:34
Request TE25 Automation of splitting large avi's into sections Russ Billard 2 2002-09-06 05:42:00
Question TE25 Matrix problems? ABS 0 2002-09-06 03:33:10
Question TE25 Yo Minion homer simpson 2 2002-09-06 14:28:58
Question TE25 setting to stop 4Gig AVI with screwed timing and audio? SLam 2 2002-09-16 14:18:51

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 723 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - mpeg2 input codecs No.27666
Peter  2002-09-06 23:03:40 ( ID:yaaqqcve0fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you please be more specific about what software will allow TMPGEnc to input
mpeg2 files. BBS article 13248 states: " if you Have "Power DVD" installed on your system then you will have a mpeg2 Decoder". I have installed CyberLink Power DVD 4.0 trial and CyberLink Power Director Pro 2.5 trial: CyberLink does not list any separate mpeg2 decoding codec as a product on their web site. I have installed Ligos LSX 3.0 mpeg2 encoder. I have been unable to find any Sony mpeg2 encoder codec listed as a product on the Sony web sites. None of these allowed TMPGEnc to input mpeg2 files. I am using Windows 98SE. Media Player 6.4 decodes and plays mpeg2 files without any problems (it uses Cinemaster codec from my Matrox DVD player). The only way I have been able to re-encode mpeg2 files is to first convert them to AVI and then input the AVI to TMPGEnc, but that uses a lot of disk space and takes extra time. I know mpeg2 to mpeg2 encoding is not a main feature of TMPGEnc but it would be handy to be able to do it. By the way, in my opinion TMPGEnc encodes to mpeg2 better than any other encoder I have tried, thank you for a great product.

Minion  2002-09-06 23:36:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know about the trial versions of Power DVD but the full versions will put the Cyberlink Codec on your system, the way to check if Tmpgenc is Recognizeing the Mpeg codecs is to go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and all the Plugins are listed there, if it is listed but you can"t load the Mpeg in then Raise the priority of the Codec then try, and try de-muxing the Mpeg you want to encode and just load in the video, this usually works cuz Tmpgenc will sometimes have problems with the Mpeg audio,You don"t need to encode the audio anyway cuz It is allready in the right format for mpeg ,so save the audio after de-muxing and just mux it with the mpeg after encodeing.Re encodeing the audio will just make you loose more Quality anyways...and if for somereason you just can"t get Tmpgenc to read your mpeg file there is a totally simple workaround so you don"t have to encode it to AVI..What you do is de-mux the mpeg file then load the "M2V" or "MPV" video file into "DVD2AVI" and make a D2V project file then load that in as the video source in Tmpgenc, then after encodeing you can Mux the audio to the Video...

Peter  2002-09-08 02:49:55 ( ID:yaaqqcve0fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When the demo version of PowerDVD 4.0 is installed the mpeg2 codec does not show in the Vfapi Plugins list of TMPGEnc so I guess I will need to get a non-demo version of PowerDVD 4. Thank you for your help.
Peter

Minion  2002-09-08 07:14:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can still use the "M2V-VFP" Codec that was used in earlier versions for Versions up to 2.58, it is free, but might be a bit hard to find since Tmpgenc uses this new system but I have it if you want to e-mail me I"ll send it to you...

Question - TE25 - Quality of MPG No.27665
Dean  2002-09-06 22:57:52 ( ID:qt0vfbojwdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried creating an MPG from an uncompressed AVI file. The title text in the AVI is very crisp but the MPG comes out dithered/pixelated. I have seen people create the same MPG with perfect clarity and can not reproduce that effect. I have tried CBR and CQ at all kinds of bitrates. What can I do to make a difference?

Also, using TMPG, can I make a MPG file using TGAs? It is there in the Open Source File Types but when I select a sequence it says that the requested format is not supported. What can I do about that?

Dean

Question - TE25 - want to convert No.27662
Al  2002-09-06 21:28:01 ( ID:g8e5xq8ypig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there !
I want to convert a divx movie. Now I want to convert it to mpeg1. But I am not able to. I only have a black screen at the encoding time ...
Who can help me ????
Thanks a lot !
Alex

Minion  2002-09-06 22:24:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" you do this be going to "options" to "environental settings" to "vfaip plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"..if there was no audio in the file then you need to extract the audio to a Wav file with "Virtual Dub" and use that as your audio source...

Al  2002-09-07 19:44:46 ( ID:g8e5xq8ypig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
Thank you for the tip now it works!!! Thanks a lot !!!Now I have to try it with the virtual dub thing to get the audio too !
Thanks

Question - TE25 - Write Error with TMPGENC using DVD2AVI No.27659
crsv  2002-09-06 19:27:01 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using DVD2AVI to demux a vob files created with a Philips DVDR985 video recorder. Then I feed the files (audio and video streams) into TMPGENC to make an MPG file. I have been getting a "write error at module TMPGENC blah blah blah" when the file was almost finished. There's only about 5 seconds left to process when this error occurs.

I appeared to have "fixed" the problem by simply making sure the vob files are larger than the actual clip that I am isolating. However, I'd like to know what is happening, am I doing something incorrectly, and is there a real fix for this.

Thanks

CRSV

Minion  2002-09-06 22:22:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the write error you are getting is when Tmpgenc is writeing the "Sequence End Code" on the Mpeg header, the files should be fine but if they are not you can probably fix the incomplete header by running the file through the "Merge & Cut", which will attach a new header on the file...

crsv  2002-09-07 02:04:12 ( ID:mfbnwcya2bl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, the files are fine, as long as I make the segment in DVD2AVI about at least 15 seconds longer than I really need.

But, I'm also being bounced out of the Batch Encode process, which is kind of a pain. It'd be nice if I could have TMPGENC ignore the error and continue to the next file.

Question - TE25 - Is TMPGenc going to make us buy TMPGenc again for version 3 update??? No.27656
joeAgain------  2002-09-06 13:28:03 ( ID:zjpi2mkwqf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, or any TMPGenc. representative watching this forum.....

I've heard that TMPGenc is planning a Version 3, and it will NOT be a free upgrade for all us current Plus customers.

Is that true?

Please Answer.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:04:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes it will be true. Any change in a version number such as 2 to 3 represents a major change in the software and not simply a bugfix therefore to pay for this major change it is only fair to charge for it.

ASHY

POP  2002-09-06 17:00:13 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_faq.html#update
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_faq.html#version

Yep, 3.0 is not free even for users who has 2.5. I found this information
couple month ago, before I buy TMPGEnc Plus (2.54).

However, I do not think TMPGEnc will not going to make us buy anything because:
1. I do not think they force you to buy 3.0, you always have choice to / not to buy the product.
2. 3.0 is major upgrade as ASHY said, so I think it is OK to pay, but depending on feature, I will decide if I buy it or not.
3. There is still free version, (if they really want everyone buy Plus by today, I think they had stopped providing free version when they have released Plus.)

Anyway, we always have choice to / not to buy the product.
Let's wait and see what's new in 3.0 (although I do not know when it will be out.)

Question - TE25 - DVD2AVI do you need it ? No.27654
Denniz  Home )  2002-09-06 13:26:29 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm..

Some time ago I discoverd that.. it is possible to open Unencrypted *.vob files into Tmpgenc just by renaming them to *.mpg instead ? I guess the author did this not to get fat lawsuits onto him, anyway you are the one reanaming the file but... Now im wondering if I just can keep on doing this instead of using DVD2AVI program ?

And another qestion, is there a big difference in picture quality between Tmpgenc and CCE ? If you use like automatic VBR, seems to me that you can't tell the two apart if you have a good scours you are encoding from.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:15:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only reason you are able to open VOB files with TMPG, whether you rename them or not is because somewhere along the line you have installed an MPEG2 codec capable of decoding the file and has nothing to do with lawsuits.
VOB files are simply MPEG2 files and without a capable MPEG2 codec to decode it you would not be able to open any MPEG2 files renamed or otherwise.
Which means the quality of your VOB files is directly related to the quality of you MPEG2 codec. If your MPEG2 codec is crap at decoding then your final encodes won't be up to scratch either.

As for opening VOB files with TMPG, well this is a foolish idea anyway and can and will produce unpredictable results. VOB files contain many different streams and TMPG is not able to differentiate between these streams which means you are unable to choose the track you require. It is also slower and less reliable to encode directly from VOBS and cannot handle VOBs sequentially.
DVD2AVI has been highly optimized for this task and TMPG hasn't. There is no better VOB frameserver than DVD2AVI and will produce better results in a faster time than directly using VOBS with TMPG.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240) No.27651
Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-06 11:42:34 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone come across this Error message befor

Index Of Scan Line Out Of Range (240)

i get about 54% in converting avi to mpeg then blam this happens many thanxs in advance

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:15:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dodgy AVI. Try frameserving from Virtualdub or repair the bad frame with it.

ASHY

Sir Snooze Pz  2002-09-06 22:35:29 ( ID:mbasfnd3ye. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did that and the Avi is what we all would say is SHAGED :( ... ho hum d/l it 4rom another source (0,-) cheers 4 the info

Request - TE25 - Encoding more than one file in the same process No.27647
jpsdr  2002-09-06 10:35:22 ( ID:q4qavylkulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

Can you add the possibility to process/encod several files,
as is they were only once ?
I explain : for exemple, you have 3 files : file00.avi, file01.avi and file02.avi, and you want to encode them in one file.mpg file.
The file during the process will be merge as is they were one.
Of course, it's the same thing than encoding the files separatly, and
merging them after, EXCEPT with multi-pass VBR !

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:18:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use Virtualdub as a frameserver for this or wait for the next version.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:18:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's stopping you from using multipass anyway? VBR files will join just fine. I don't have a problem with it.

ASHY

jpsdr  2002-09-08 14:46:34 ( ID:q4qavylkulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is not joigning, but in multi-pass VBR, encoding 2 files
independantly, or the 2 files "in one" is not the same.
A scolar exemple :
You have 2 files of the same length (in time), for exemple, 2 files of 2mn.
The first file can be encoded "correctly" with a rate of 2000kb, the
second can be encoded "correctly" with a rate of 6000kb.
a) You encode the two files separatly, using a VBR of 4000kb. The first will
have a good result, but the second will have a bad result.
b) You encode the two file as one, everything will have a good result. The
first part of the file will have a bitrate of 2000kb, and the second a bitrate
of 6000kb, wich give the average 4000kb.

This is of course a scolar exemple, but it describe the things well.

Request - TE25 - Automation of splitting large avi's into sections No.27644
Russ Billard  2002-09-06 04:05:30 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI,

I'll have to say, I love tmpgenc!!!

I only have one request. Where I and probably others just use tmpgenc as a standard avi to mpg converter using the the vcd template to create mpg ready vcd's, I'm always having to do the same routine to split the avi and batch encode the mpg's. Its like a two stage of identical processes. Is there any Scripting methods or cababilities to add a feature for setting a Number of Splits you would like your output to be and have tmpgenc automate the complete process to the batch encoder. I'm sure I seen something one day on the net for doing this sort of thing, but I could not find it since. (maybe it was a in a dream) :-)

Thanks for creating such easy to use software.
Russ

ffast  2002-09-06 05:26:48 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Although there is not such feature, however, you can do what you want to do
with "Source range" feature.
Although this takes longer, but better results can be expected since TMPGEnc encode specific part of the video.

Russ Billard  2002-09-06 05:42:00 ( ID:wt8xjyerbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats how I am doing it now.... :-)
works fine everytime to split then, I just divide by 2 a split feature would be nice though, and not a hard programming task.

Russ

Question - TE25 - Matrix problems? No.27643
ABS  2002-09-06 03:33:10 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was just wondering, anyone else here ever had problem playing MPEG-2 files that don't have one of the 3 preset Matrixes? While exchanging files seemed like some programs won't accept any other matrixes... (Example: Canopus Media Cruise and some ATI players)

Question - TE25 - Yo Minion No.27640
homer simpson  2002-09-06 02:18:29 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you said encoded video actually has less quality than the source i took a bad quality video i used the best settings i could and the filters to try and make it look as good as possible. When i was done i watched both videos and noticed that it actually improved the quality! There was a noticable less amount of block noise. And also is there a type of kazaa like program that is specifically made for trading high quality media?

Bart  2002-09-06 11:36:24 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using Filters is just that you filter out things hence lossing data your picture may seem better but your source file gave up data. Some filters blur the picture to make the picture take on a less blocky apperance others do different things but in the end the picture is no better than the origanal it is all a matter of perspective. A simple but true statement is "You can never get better than the Source" or (Sh*t in = Sh*t out)and this aplies here.

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:28:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree. It is just your perception which is fooling you.
Creating a better picture than the original impossible, but altering cetain characteristics may give this effect. It all depends on what you mean by better.
There are different things that people will percieve as a better picture.
For example some people may prefer a less blocky picture than the original which can only be acheived by some sort of blurring to hide the effect, as blocks cannot be removed, but this will have the effect of a slightly less sharp image.
Another person may percieve a better quality image that has more colour saturation and a higher sharpness than the original therfore making the image look clearer, but this will have the effect of accentuating noise in the image.
As I say it's all down to the viewers perception and what they percieve as a better picture. What one person thinks is better may not be what the next person thinks.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - setting to stop 4Gig AVI with screwed timing and audio? No.27637
SLam  2002-09-06 01:12:45 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a bunch of AVI's that are just under 4 Gigs in size (about 25 minutes in length). Verified to be correct.

When I load them up into TMPGEnc and try to encode them. For some reason they are interpreted as almost an hours long. It thinks video is in the first 25 minutes, and most of the audio is in the last 25 minutes.

More accurately the result is the audio is in the first few minutes of the file, then stops, video is fine. After the 25 minutes of video are over, then there's a long break, then at the end of the 1 hour, the audio is there, with no video.

When I go to select the "source range" of frames, I can only select (as I would expect) the 25 minutes of video.

The AVI's play fine other wise, so it seems like I have some sort of VFAPI plug-in priorities set incorrectly?

HELP!!!!!
SLam

ASHY  2002-09-06 14:33:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Frameserve these files from Virtualdub to TMPG. If you still have problems you can use AVIsynth for this task. AVIsynth will allow you to use any size file.

ASHY

SLam  2002-09-16 14:18:51 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ASHY for the info.

Any FAQ's on line on how to set up the VDub frame server to work with TMPGEnc?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks,
SLam

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.