Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 735 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 codec updates? WalterPK 1 2002-08-27 01:32:55
Question TE25 Preview is great, but green side bar appears on VCD Paul M 0 2002-08-26 23:13:13
Question TE25 Freezing in AVI causing TMPEG to not encode lvnlrg 2 2002-08-27 02:33:28
Question TE25 BATCH LIST CREATOR dude 0 2002-08-26 22:51:18
Question TE25 Mr Wayne Clark 2 2002-08-27 18:08:11
Free talk TE25 Help with terminology for "newbies" Paul M 0 2002-08-26 19:44:25
Question TE25 DVD? JOhn 14 2002-08-27 08:57:49
Question TE25 HELP FAST eliman 5 2002-08-26 19:18:11
Question TE25 No sound after TMPGEnc bbum05 1 2002-08-26 19:22:20
Question TE25 Green Screen with dvd2avi bbum05 1 2002-08-26 19:26:45
Question TE25 Mr. Perry Cheng 1 2002-08-26 21:12:12
Question TE25 ok what next?? rickki804 5 2002-08-28 17:40:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 735 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - codec updates? No.27158
WalterPK  2002-08-26 23:18:30 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Newbie question,

Fairly new to the game and have downloaded most progs and codecs (at least all those recommended here), but having trouble in tmpgenc with a new download (Blade 2) ie blah, blah .....unsupported.

Is this a codec problem, and do you have to update them regularly?

Where is the best place to find out about updates if you do need to keep them up to date?

Cheers

Minion  2002-08-27 01:32:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can play the file on your computer then you probably just need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins", you do this by going to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2".....

Question - TE25 - Preview is great, but green side bar appears on VCD No.27157
Paul M  2002-08-26 23:13:13 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a "smc" avi file from Kazaa. For the first 20 minutes the video, even within the TMPG "Preview" does say: Do Not Duplicate. I figured I could live with that so I burnt it to VCD with Nero. When I went to play it about a third of the screen had a green bar running from top to bottom, obscuring that part of the picture.
Is this some form of copy-guard?
Is there any way around it?
Just out of intellectual curiousity....

Question - TE25 - Freezing in AVI causing TMPEG to not encode No.27154
lvnlrg  2002-08-26 22:53:00 ( ID:6/dznzxekwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i play the avi in question the video freezes and the audio keeps going when TMPEG reaches this point it doesn't not encode any more and becomes non responsive......

..... How would i go about correcting this?

ty for your time and any answers that come

Minion  2002-08-27 01:30:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only solution I can think of is to encode up to were it crashes then use the "source range" to start encodeing a few frames after were it crashed then join the 2 files together with the "Merge & cut"....

Minion  2002-08-27 02:33:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOhh there are a couple of video utilities something like "Divx Defreeze" or divX fix" that are supposed to fix frozen areas of an avi file..try Doom9.. you might be able to find it there.....

Question - TE25 - BATCH LIST CREATOR No.27153
dude  2002-08-26 22:51:18 ( ID:f3zqer6llb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK I found the TBE (batch list) File creation program i had tried out before and was buggy- seems like the author, Andrew Doyle, has made some revisions since, and it seems to get the paths right.

One thing that is a bummer is that when you select a saved template to process your batch list through, it reads everything but what you have set under "advanced"

ie: if your template has filters like Sharpen or Crop setup, they wont show up in the batch list- you'll still have to add them in manually :(

A dark blemish on an otherwise SWEET little program

If Andrew Doyle or anyone else with programming skills is listening, this batch creation tool could be AWESOME if that was tweaked!

You can find it on this page:

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html

Question - TE25 - Mr No.27150
Wayne Clark  2002-08-26 22:04:54 ( ID://c7xxqe.e. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert ntsc video to pal, I set the end frame accordingly. TMPG Enc does decode but misses the end part of the m2v file no matter what I set the end frame to? any ideas please?????

Minion  2002-08-26 22:19:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc will not do a proper Ntsc to Pal conversion, you will have jumpy playback on your dvd player and possibly have out of sync audio..The only program that I know of that will do it right is "Canopus Procoder", I get from your post that you are trying to convert a NTSC Mpeg file to a Pal Mpeg file??if this is true you can try loading the "m2v" file into DVD2AVI and make a D2V file and encode that to Mpeg, then you don"t have to rely on Tmpgenc to do the mpeg decodeing......

Wayne Clark  2002-08-27 18:08:11 ( ID://c7xxqe.e. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Tmpgenc will not do a proper Ntsc to Pal conversion, you will have jumpy playback on your dvd player and possibly have out of sync audio..The only program that I know of that will do it right is "Canopus Procoder", I get from your post that you are trying to convert a NTSC Mpeg file to a Pal Mpeg file??if this is true you can try loading the "m2v" file into DVD2AVI and make a D2V file and encode that to Mpeg, then you don"t have to rely on Tmpgenc to do the mpeg decodeing......

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.............

Free talk - TE25 - Help with terminology for "newbies" No.27149
Paul M  2002-08-26 19:44:25 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Much reference is made to VCDHELP.COM, and it is indeed a good site. But much of the info there, like the info here, is helter-skelter... not really orgainized in a way like a text-book is...
I did find one online video production guide that is put together like a textbook. That is Luke's Video Guide. You can find it at : http://www.lukesvideo.com/ For people who don't know the first thing about frames, interlace, non-interlace, bitrate etc, Luke's guide is a great way to start.

Question - TE25 - DVD? No.27134
JOhn  2002-08-26 19:36:48 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm downloading movies, and i would like to know can i make them appear like dvd quality on my tv with my dvd player even if i only have a cd burner and not a dvd burner. Im using the NTSC under video-cd. Also is there anyway i can like add the menus and subtitles to downloaded movies so they can really appear to look like a real proffessional dvd? thanx

Minion  2002-08-26 21:25:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A standard VCD will never look like DVD Quality, the bitrate is way to low to achieve the quality you are looking for, you either have to make a XVCD or a SVCD, but there is no gaurantee than your dvd player will Play XVCD but most will play them, if you raise the bitrate to about 1650kbs you will greatly increase the quality of the Mpeg1/vcd file but you will have a bigger file size but you should be able to get about 60 minutes on a CD-R, and you can add chapters and menu"s and titles to your VCD but you need a authoring program that has these capabilities, you can use "ulead dvd workshop" but it will re-encode your file if it is a non-standard VCD which ruins the quality of your VCD, one program that will do this without re-encodeing is the "ulead dvd Plugin" that works with "Ulead Video studio 5 & 6" and "media Studio 6" it has a wizard style interface than is quite user friendly and has a quite good look when played....

JOhn  2002-08-26 21:51:25 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there any way i can make the quality better without making it a svcd because my dvd book said it wont play it but it didnt see anything about xscvc any other way ....any programs that wouldnt require a dvd burner

JOhn  2002-08-26 22:03:21 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

is there any way i can make the quality better without making it a svcd because my dvd book said it wont play it but it didnt see anything about xscvc any other way ....any programs that wouldnt require a dvd burner

Minion  2002-08-26 22:23:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it will play VCD then it should play XVCD, but if it doesn"t play svcd then it won"t play XSVCD...You don"t need a DVD-Burner to use the programs I mentioned just a CD-Burner......

JOhn  2002-08-26 22:38:23 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my dvd plays vcd's and in the book it says it will play vcd's but not svcd's but nothing about xsvcd...but how do i make an xsvcd anyways and how do i higher the bitrate? how much greater will the quality be and is there any other way if my dvd player wont play the xsvcd?

Minion  2002-08-27 01:25:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trust me if is says it will not play svcd"s then it will not play xsvcd,XSVCD is just another less compatible form of svcd, which means it is a svcd with higher bitrates and or higher resolution..and it would not say it plays xsvcd because xsvcd is not a recognized standard, and either is xvcd ,there are many different forms of xsvcd and xvcd, and your player if it plays vcd might be able to play some types of xvcd and not other types, meaning it might play higher bitrates but not higher resolutions.....

Minion  2002-08-27 01:44:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Raise the bitrate you will need to load the "unlock.mcf" template from the "Extra folder", the quality will be greatly increased if you raise the bitrate enough, but if you raise it too much you player won"t play it, start off with about 1650kbs this will get rid of the blockyness and your player shouldn"t have a problem with it, at "vcdhelp.com" you can look up your dvd player and see what it is capible of playing.....

dvd  2002-08-27 01:48:18 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so now that we've accomplished that , again i ask you, how can i get better graphics on my dvd player?

Minion  2002-08-27 02:06:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I allready told you, you have to raise the bitrate, and I gave you instructions on how to do .......

dvd  2002-08-27 02:14:49 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry my comp. is slow i didnt get the message with ur instructions b4, so anyways i double clickd on that file and nothing happened what exactly should i do to that unlock file to raise the bitrate...and by raising the bitrate it will be like perfect quality?

Minion  2002-08-27 02:43:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to load it like a "Template" ,so you click the "load" tab in the bottom right corner then find the "unlock.mfc" template, then choose it,, then the settings will be unlocked so you can change the settings, and the quality will be much better but it can only be as good as your source file, so if your avi file doesn"t look good then the mpeg file isn"t going to look good, you know the old saying "Garbage in garbage out", and useing the "Constant Quality" instead of CBR will give you better quality with a smaller file size, and you can use a higher bitrate without increasing the file size too much, so try this, in the settings go to "Rate Controll Mode" then change it to "Constant Quality" then click the little settings tab next to it and adjust the bitrate to "1000kbs minimum" and "4500kbs maximum" and the "Quality" at "85".. With these settings you will get much better quality and still get about 60 minutes on a CD-R......

dvd  2002-08-27 03:11:10 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can you tell me where the settings are i cant find them....and the environmental settings dont have any of the things u mentioned

dvd  2002-08-27 03:21:29 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

forget i found it and did it .....why wouldnt it be better to crank everything up to a maximum? and how can i get really good quality movies how big should they be? thanx for all ur help today

Minion  2002-08-27 08:57:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most scenes in a movie don"t need a whole lot of bits to give you good quality so if you give it to much bitrate your are just wasteing it, useing the CQ method only allocates the amount of bits needed to encode the frame , so if you set the max bitrate quite high the encoder isn"t going to use the max bitrate unless it needs to, this is the whole point of useing the "Variable Bit Rate" encodeing method, so you can achieve the maximum quality without useing the maximum amount of bits, this is how it can achieve the same quality with a lower bitrate and file size..

Question - TE25 - HELP FAST No.27128
eliman  2002-08-26 18:02:39 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a movie split into two files one that is 790mb so im gonna have to split that into two files, so than the second file is only 53mb so i dont want to burn the first file on two dif. because of the split and then the third file. Is there any way i can merge the remaining piece of the first file with the secod file and fit the whole movie on only 2 cd's rather than 3. And another question i use the NTSC video-cd option can i use anything else that would make the quality better on my dvd player even if i dont have a dvd burner? thanx answer ASAP

waynesterrrrr  2002-08-26 18:35:25 ( ID:lo9efwfwako )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtual dub is a good program to merge 2 movie parts together

eliman  2002-08-26 18:39:42 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx were can i get it at?

eliman  2002-08-26 18:47:17 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

never mind i got virtual dub but i have no idea how to use it to merge the 2 files

Paul M  2002-08-26 19:16:11 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

take the time to print out the user manual for Virtual Dub, you got it when you downloaded the program.

ASHY  2002-08-26 19:18:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly if you are talking about MPEG movies then u cannot use Virtualdub to merge them. You will have to use the merge&cut feature in TMPG to do this.

Secondly why bother splitting and merging at all. Your 790mb movie will quite easily fit on to an 80min cd as 80min CDR's can hold 800mb of MPEG data.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No sound after TMPGEnc No.27126
bbum05  2002-08-26 16:27:11 ( ID:h0eqcci/3la )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

Ok, I have a dvd ripped to hard drive, use dvd2avi to encode, then open in TMPGEnc, there is both a dv file, and a wav file. After encoding tho, there is no sound. Any suggestions?

ASHY  2002-08-26 19:22:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did u actually load the wav file into TMPG. If so is there sound in the original wav file? You may have ripped the wrong sound track.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Green Screen with dvd2avi No.27124
bbum05  2002-08-26 16:25:49 ( ID:h0eqcci/3la )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, here I am, having this silly problem. When running dvd2avi, I see a solid, green screen. After encoding, I open in TMPGEnc, and it is still a solid green color. I have never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

ASHY  2002-08-26 19:26:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you see a solid green screen in the DVD2AVI preview window then that is what you will get when you encode.
I would suggest re-ripping the vobs again and make sure that your ripping program is ripping the correct stream.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.27122
Perry Cheng  2002-08-26 14:35:33 ( ID:mxme3kgpkno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc 2.6
Prem 6.0
AMD 1700+

Questions:
1. If encoding w/ overclocked CPU (1900+), TMPGEnc encounter some sort of memory overflow error. (This is the only program that has this overclock issue). Why is this the case? Tmpgenc uses more memory power? Anyway around it besides slowing down my CPU?

2. For some reason, when encoding a 2 hrs video, from MS DV AVI file (Made from Prem 6.0), TMPGEnc stops at ~10min (9'58") time. The video segment is continous, not like there is a joining of 2 clips. I move the clip around and it again stops at the same time frame. How do I fix this?

Sincerely,
Perry.

ASHY  2002-08-26 21:12:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encoding is a very CPU/memory intensive process. Overclocking is a risky buisness at the best of times, but when your system is pushed to it's limits by such a task as encoding then your systems weaknesses will start to show through.

AMD processors are not the best CPU's to overclock due to the fact that they already run at high temperatures and encoding will push up this temperature drastically. If you need to overclock then at least provide your system with an extra exhast fan to remove the hot air re-circulating inside your system. This will make a big difference to the temperature.

Having said this it may not be the processor at fault, but your memory will also be overclocked and you may be pushing it too hard.
A lot of motherboards nowadays allow the frequency of the memory to be adjusted independently of the CPU frequency, so check this in your BIOS and reduce it accordingly.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - ok what next?? No.27116
rickki804  2002-08-26 14:31:36 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok guys, did vcdeasy, nice program. Adjust the resolution,bitrate and CQ, Have multiplexed audio. Had a successful write with vcdeasy, burned great, looks wonderful on WinDVD. Beautiful picture on the TV,BUT....Still jumpy and audio is out of sync. Burned at 2x. bitrate is 1650, max 5000 min 1500. What do you think???

ASHY  2002-08-26 19:37:33 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There could be a few reasons. If the source frame rate is different to the destination frame rate this will cause jerky playback. If you only see this on your DVD player then you are either encoding to the wrong format format, ensure you encode to PAL or NTSC depending on your location otherwise you player will do a conversion to your TV standard which will cause the playback to stutter.

The other and more likely reason is that your player cannot handle the high bitrate you have chosen if this only happens on your DVD player. 5000 kb/s is very high for VCD or SVCD. If your player cannot spin the disk fast enough to read the data off the disk correctly then you will experience jerks and stutters at high bitrates.
There are only a handful of drives capable of handling the bitrate you have chosen. I suggest you go to VCDhelp.com and have a look at the DVD player list to see what ur player can handle.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-08-27 02:17:04 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will re-encode at lower max rate. Will try 3000. In the VCDeasy menu, there is an option in the playa section under misc. that says preferred tv system. Pal is selected. I am in the US and understand that ntsc is my usual format, I did not know if I needed to change that since it was not addressed in the tutorial. should I try changing that and burning at a higher speed 4x before re-encoding or does any of that matter? Thanks

ASHY  2002-08-27 17:22:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would change it to NTSC just for completeness, but I think it only affects stills and not the actual movie itself.
It is best not to burn above 4x as it can and usually does result in jerky playback. Even if it doesn't give jerky playback in your machine it will most likely cause jerky playbak in several others. So be safe and burn at 4x.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-08-28 03:43:41 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I changed the misc. to ntsc. I have been burning at 2x. Can you burn too slow?

ASHY  2002-08-28 17:40:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unlikely. The only reason errors occur at higher speeds than 4x with most disks is due to the fact there are no error correction bits added when the disk is burned which means the MPEG is susceptible to corruption which only happens at higher speeds and will manifest as playback problems.

At low speeds the MPEG's own error correction is enough to cope with the errors already introduced by cheap disks, but burning at high speeds will further cause data corruption leading to playback problems.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.