Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 743 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 disappearing files... GorillaPalmz 2 2002-08-22 21:27:48
Question TE25 Can I start encoding from middle of avi? evilmantis 1 2002-08-21 01:57:15
Question TE25 Error "Invalid Pointer Operation" Joe 1 2002-08-27 19:48:02
Question TE25 DV avi problem Anders@dac.se 1 2002-08-21 01:55:15
Question TE25 widescreen ufoboi 1 2002-08-21 01:52:37
Question TE25 MPG Tools - Cutting MPG (freeze) K30248 1 2002-08-21 01:50:10
Question TE25 HELP !!!! 2 audio channel possible on SVCD ?? Toun 2 2002-08-21 07:26:51
Question TE25 File size duke 1 2002-08-20 12:40:54
Question TE25 CBR,CQ,VBR Which one is best while encoding. tdshaju 8 2002-08-22 05:59:53
Question TE25 File cannot open or is unsupported? Dolphine 3 2002-08-22 10:44:27
Question TE25 Why won't TMPGenc work with 1080i for D-VHS tape? Joseph A Moka 0 2002-08-19 23:58:44
Question TE25 interlaced or progressive? Thobo 5 2002-08-20 01:55:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 743 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - disappearing files... No.26843
GorillaPalmz  2002-08-20 23:55:23 ( ID:kh9w/5b68i. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've used tmpgenc many times with no errors, but this is a bit strange. i captured about 18 gigs of data yesterday, and began converting with tmpgenc. this morning before i left for work, i encoded one more of the segments, then shut my comp off and went to work. coming home now, i cannot see any of the files in the directory where all my captured and converted data resided. the space is still eaten up on my drive, but i can't see anything! any ideas?

Minion  2002-08-21 01:59:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing I can think of is to use the "Search" function of you Operateing System to look for the file names of the files that are missing or just look for all mpeg files...

GorillaPalmz  2002-08-22 21:27:48 ( ID:ldzmmcvpcuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no luck, had to format drive...

Question - TE25 - Can I start encoding from middle of avi? No.26841
evilmantis  2002-08-20 22:52:21 ( ID:28pk9ez3cnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if there was a way to start encoding from the middle of an avi file. My computer crashed halfway through a conversion and I would like to start from where the finished mpeg ends.

Thanks
Goldie

Minion  2002-08-21 01:57:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only thing you can do is use the "Source Range" in the "Advanced settings" to start encodeing at the frame you got cut off at, then join the two parts together with the "merge & Cut" in the "Mpeg Tools"...

Question - TE25 - Error "Invalid Pointer Operation" No.26839
Joe  2002-08-20 20:07:14 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting "Invalid Pointer Operation". Can anyone explain what this means and how to correct it..Thanks Joe

rs008f  2002-08-27 19:48:02 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to lower the priority of the AVI VFW comaptibility reader to -3

Question - TE25 - DV avi problem No.26837
Anders@dac.se  Home )  2002-08-20 19:07:48 ( ID:d.z2bgmtbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i get an error when i'm trying to open a DV codec avi into TMPGenc (latest version) - File cannot open or is unsupported...

the dv avi files are made with premiere... the stange thing is that it works with somefiles i've made with premiere and it doesnt work with some...

/Anders Malmgren

Minion  2002-08-21 01:55:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try adjusting the priority if the "avi VFW File reader" and the "Open DML File Reader" when raiseing one disable the other... I Think One of these plugins supports that format......

Question - TE25 - widescreen No.26835
ufoboi  2002-08-20 18:40:50 ( ID:jxarqf2ubmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a widescreen avi video file, how do i convert it to mpeg with widescreen resolution? I converted with the default setting with TMPGEnc but the picture came out so skinny. I hope you know what i'm trying to say and if you do, please help me out. Thank you very much

Minion  2002-08-21 01:52:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the "Advanced settings" to "clip frame" and use the arrange setting to arrange the screen to the way you like it..you might need to do a couple test encodes to see if it looks right...

Question - TE25 - MPG Tools - Cutting MPG (freeze) No.26833
K30248  2002-08-20 17:23:16 ( ID:jwybtih3bio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i go to file ==> mpg tools ==> cut & merge
i can cut files as long as the starting position is at the very begginning but if my starting position is at the middle of the mpg then TMPG always freezes.

Can anyone help?

Minion  2002-08-21 01:50:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you need to do is get a different Mpeg editor..The mpeg tools have a lots of bugs in them and there isn"t anything you can do to fix it...you can get a couple of mpeg editor demo"s at :http://www.apachez.net in the tools section...

Question - TE25 - HELP !!!! 2 audio channel possible on SVCD ?? No.26830
Toun  2002-08-20 12:58:36 ( ID:skhqetddgmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Actually, i've a problem with the SVCD that i made with TMPGEnc : I don't have dual channel on my SVCD but I'd it on my BIVX.
Is it common ? Is it possible to make a dual channel SVCD from a BIVX file ?

Can you, please, help me, i'm lost, i've tried everything without any results !!!

:-(

Toun

Minion  2002-08-21 01:24:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what type of "Dual channel" is it , is it one language on one channel and one on the other (selectable)or one audio track being played out 2 channels???You should be able to have dual chanell by chooseing the dual chanell setting in the audio settings.

Toun  2002-08-21 07:26:51 ( ID:8oureumw3u6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have dual chanell by chooseing the dual chanell setting in the audio settings BUT when i try to play my svcd file on my computer DVD player, i can choose between "stream audio 1" (french) and "stream audio 2" (english) BUT with the second audio stream (english) i do not have any sound !!

That's my problem :-)

So, there is someone who can explain me the way to make it works ?

Toun

Question - TE25 - File size No.26828
duke  2002-08-20 12:15:15 ( ID:owedzhjp3wa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it a maximum file size for a video source get the error can not open or unsuported.

With regards

duke

Olli  2002-08-20 12:40:54 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Type 'unsupported' in the search box on this page.
There have been quite a few people with this problem and people like Minion and Ashy have posted detailed answers.

Question - TE25 - CBR,CQ,VBR Which one is best while encoding. No.26819
tdshaju  2002-08-20 07:34:38 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded with TMPGEnc and CCE and noticed that CQ bitrate type is more
reliable than any other setting. While using CCE, there is CBR and nPass VBR
I used both of them and I tried upto 9 pass VBR. But the final result is not
so smooth, I found the movie is jerking. (While using CQ movie is not jerking)

My source DV clip has got an average 3430 Kbps (received through Premiere).
But the encoded MPEG2 has got an average of 750 Kbps. Still the quality is not
enough. Through which method I can produce quality MPEG2. I don't mind the
space.

Your response will be highly appreciable.

With regards

Shaju

Olli  2002-08-20 09:54:33 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The quality is dependant primarily on the bitrate and the resolution. Naturally you must have a good quality source as well.

The choices we have to make generally center around the tradeoff between quality, filesize and compatibility.

You mention that you want to encode to MPEG2, so I assume we are talking about creating SVCD. First thing I would do is to go to www.vcdhelp.com and look in the players list, find your DVD player and look at the reports others have written. That will give you a guide of what bitrate limit the player has.

Once you know what the bitrate limit is you have the option of creating XSVCD (non standard SVCD). The standard bitrate of a SVCD is 2500 (or 2550 ...anyway its close enough). The standard resolution for SVCD is 480x480 (or 480x576 for PAL). If these settings produce an ouptut, which you are happy with just use the standard SVCD TMPGenc templates.

If however you want greater 'quality' you can raise the resolution (e.g to 704 x 480) and the bitrate - creating an XSVCD. To do this you need to load the 'unlock' template from the extra folder first.

As for encoding method, if you have a good quality source the CQ method is the way to go if you want the best quality - the majority of seasoned encoders use CQ as it produces output that is argually better than 2 pass in less time.

You can of course use CBR with a high bitrate setting to produce good quality output but you will end up with a large filesize as CBR will allocate the same bitrate regardless of whether the frame is high action or the end credits.

I hope this has helped

Olli

P.S Npass VBR is only supported by CCE as far as I know. TMPGenc has a 2pass VBR mode.

P.P.S If your player supports SVCD I would try standard SVCD settings first and then work up the bitrate and resolution to something you are happy with.

tdshaju  2002-08-20 11:08:56 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Olli,

Thanks for your detailed explanation..............

Basically I am trying to create to create DVD not SVCD. While creating the
DVD I am using TMPGEnc and CCE through VFAPI. Utimatly the DVD(MPEG2) is
generated from the CCE.

I applied certain fileters in TMPGEnc and passed to CCE for the better results.
CCE Makes nice movies without any jerking by using CQ. But when I use CBR and
nPass VBR I found that the movie is jerking.

I think 9 pass VBR can produce high qiality movie, but resulting to
high quality still pictures same time actions movies has jerking.

How can I avoide the jerking in n Pass VBR. Is there any turning required
while setting the bitrate.

With regards

Shaju

Olli  2002-08-20 15:02:02 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I havent used CCE so I'm afraid I can't help.
Others who post on this board (like Minion) know CCE and frameserving so I'm sure you'll get an answer.

As to the bitrate problem :

- What make and model of DVD player do you have ?
- What are your current bitrate settings for CQ, CBR and npass VBR ?

ed  2002-08-20 23:02:37 ( ID:xazj376xikh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

not a coment but a ? why do i get a .mcf file when downloading my file with tempgenc

Minion  2002-08-21 02:11:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the same method of encodeing through Tmpgenc to CCE with Vfapi and get better results than either can produce by themselves..That jerking you are talking about does it happen only when there are poeple or Things moveing?? does it look like the movie is skipping frames or something?? If this is the problem you are getting then I used to have exactly the same problem and it seems to be a problem with CCE and the field order, I have solved this problem by useing the "De-Interlace Filter" set on "Even Field" in Tmpgenc, then the problem totally disapears. So try it I"m totally sure that this will fix your Problem....

tdshaju  2002-08-21 09:07:43 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Thanks for your comments.

Exactly I am facing the same problem.

I will try with Deinterlace (Even Field)

Can you clarify the following terms, usage and which place I have to use.

Adobe Upper Field Lower Filed
TMPGEnc Even Filed Odd Filed
CCE Top Filed ?????????(May be Bottom Filed)

I am not sure Upper Filed = Even Filed or Odd Filed

While using Adobe, TMPGEnc, CCE in which place I have to apply the filed order
and Deinterlacing ? Really confusing me.........................

Needs Your Help

With regards

Shaju

Minion  2002-08-21 22:03:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Apply the "De-interlace" filter in Tmpgenc...are you just makeing your avi files with Adobe Premier then rendering them as avi then loading them into Tmpgenc to Vfapi to CCE???

tdshaju  2002-08-22 05:59:53 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Yesterday I applied De-Interlace function in TMPGEnc and found the quality is
less than what I used to get before.

The process steps are same as what you told. Only in the beinging I am using
Dazzle Card and by using Fast Forward creating DIF files, which can directly
open in the Adobe Premiere. There is another option of creating AVI files
which is supported in ULead Video Studio But editing is very poor. Is there
any quality difference in DIF and AVI files ?

After De-Interlace, Whats about the field order ?

With regrds

Shaju

Question - TE25 - File cannot open or is unsupported? No.26815
Dolphine  2002-08-20 03:52:19 ( ID:q8psl0vgef. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to be able to open a SVCD file and then using a VCD template convert it down to that format. Now recently I can no longer open SVCD files - I get an error saying file ""xxxxx.mpg" can not open, or unsupported". I bought TMPGenc Plus - so I have no limitations - I used to be able to do this now I cant - anyone know why? Direct show filter has a 2 priority - so I dont know what else to do?

ffast  2002-08-20 04:33:44 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using 2.57, you need read "Revision History" carefully.
Make sure the file can be played with Windows media player.

Minion  2002-08-21 01:20:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With the 2.57 version you don"t raise the direct show for mpeg files you need to raise one of the Mpeg filters.and you need to have a mpeg codec on your system like the one in "Power DVD"..

Dolphine  2002-08-22 10:44:27 ( ID:q8psl0vgef. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have WinDVD 4 installed - so i presume it should use this codec to do the work! Which mpeg filter do u reccomend to raise?

Question - TE25 - Why won't TMPGenc work with 1080i for D-VHS tape? No.26814
Joseph A Moka  2002-08-19 23:58:44 ( ID:urhtydlb7/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm encoding 1080i files for conversion to transport streams then transfer to D-VHS tape. BBMPEG works fine. TMPGenc has failed with every file. I've tried all combinations of settings. The elementary streams are fine. The best I can get with TMPGenc - after muxing to a transport stream - is AC3 audio and a black screen.

Any ideas why TMPGenc is creating video files differently than BBMPEG even though the settings are similar?

Thanks,
Joe

Question - TE25 - interlaced or progressive? No.26808
Thobo  2002-08-19 20:19:59 ( ID:t5ywbn9z7ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi all,
a friend told me the following:
play a vob file with flask and if all is alright (no blocks etc...) the dvd is progressive, if you see blocks, the dvd is interlaced...(he said, 95% of all dvds are progressive)

and so you have to set the settings in tmpgenc...

i never changed these settings before and i had no problems and the svcds are pretty good...
have i made all my svcds wrong the whole time?

and when:
have i set (under settings - encode mode it also to "non-interlace" and under advanced to "progressive) ???
i'm a litte bit confused...

(sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean...)

Minion  2002-08-19 23:18:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is easy to figure out if your file is "ntsc interlaced" or "pal progressive"
just look at the frame rate, 25fps is Progressive and 29.9fps is Interlaced...as for 95% of all DVD"s being progressive that is total crap, It depends on were you live, if you live in Germany you would use Progressive and if you live in North America it is interlaced.......

Thobo  2002-08-19 23:41:31 ( ID:t5ywbn9z7ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hm,
made a test with a small vobfile...
can't see any difference if i set all to standard settings (interlaced)
or set both settings to non-interlaced

btw: i'm from germany...

Minion  2002-08-19 23:50:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DID You Read The Post??? Your answer is There!!!! you will not notice any differance on your monitor but you WILL notice it if you burn it to disk.Those settings are not for YOU to adjust, the encoder puts those settings to the right ones when you load the file...."PAL=25FPS=Progressive/Non-Interlace" and "NTSC=29.9FPS=Interlace"

Thobo  2002-08-20 00:07:06 ( ID:ofnqvb5ydb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i read it...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those settings are not for YOU to adjust, the encoder puts those settings to the right ones when you load the file
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i use dvd2avi to make a project...i don't load vobfiles...
so if i load a project in tmpgenc (from a PAL DVD) there are all settings "interlaced"...

the first answer of you i understood as: i have to change the settings to "non-interlaced (progressive)"

now i understand the second answer as: leave all settings "interlaced", because tmpgenc does it for you...

maybe my english is too bad or you don't understand what i mean...sorry

Minion  2002-08-20 01:55:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said in your first post that the "encode mode" is set to "non-interlace" and under the "Advanced" set to "progressive"?? That should be correct for a pal file.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.