Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 744 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Avi to Mpg heebeha 1 2002-08-19 23:44:56
Question TE25 Overrule min bitrate of 2000 jvm 2 2002-08-20 19:47:28
Question TE25 Cutting out frames Scott Jensen 5 2002-08-21 15:40:26
Question TE25 tmeg convert dvd quality Ardwyn 4 2002-08-21 01:18:11
Question TE25 Error -272762914 859034592 Stef 0 2002-08-19 15:57:30
Question TE25 open avi josh 1 2002-08-19 17:34:12
Question TE25 had sound not now bruce 2 2002-08-20 23:52:02
Question TE25 Took 11 hours just to encode 5 mins of AVI? geek 1 2002-08-22 10:03:17
Question TE25 Newbie Q Montage 2 2002-08-19 19:14:41
Request TE25 Add the possibility of more passes Abubu Aguli 5 2002-08-21 19:15:43
Question TE25 VCD (non-standard) john 3 2002-08-19 14:49:55
Question TE25 Pal jerkiness rocco 1 2002-08-19 23:58:12

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 744 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Avi to Mpg No.26806
heebeha  2002-08-19 19:25:02 ( ID:bjjh6zkhavn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recent problems:

I get a message now that says AVI file cannot open or is unsupported.

I am sure this is common. How do I fix this. I think it has to do with compressed AVI files.

Minion  2002-08-19 23:44:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are right this is the Most common question asked on the forum and has been asked and answered thousands of times...You need to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader", you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" To "2".....

Question - TE25 - Overrule min bitrate of 2000 No.26803
jvm  2002-08-19 19:00:12 ( ID:zafp3bsxxcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i encode as DVD PAL the average and min bitrate cannot be set to less than 2000. Is there a way to make this possible. I use latest version of the program. I dont want to encode as Super VCD since here the max bitrate is limmited.
jvm

Minion  2002-08-19 23:42:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To change the bitrate settings you need to load the "Unlock.mcf" Template from the "Extra" folder........

jvm  2002-08-20 19:47:28 ( ID:zafp3bsxxcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Works fine
Thanks a lot.
Does nay one know if file splitting by size is a planed feature or will we have the time based one as is.

Question - TE25 - Cutting out frames No.26797
Scott Jensen  2002-08-19 18:16:39 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 880 MB avi file that I want to cut down to fit on a writeable CD. What I'd like to do is cut out frames within the file. Not just frames at the beginning or end. How can I do this and it be a smooth avi file? What I'd love is for there to be simply a "delete" button that you can click and elminate frames as you go through them. This way I could simply delete out frames I don't want. If this isn't possible, can I simply tell it which section of frames to edit out by picking a start frame and an end frame and then the program edits that part out and connects the remaining together. Could someone tell me how to do one of these ... or a better way? Thanks!

Minion  2002-08-19 23:40:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what is the Purpose of Writeing the AVI to a CD-R???and what does this have to do with Mpeg encodeing??And Tmpgenc isn"t really an AVI editor, and if you were to re-encode it to avi but say changeing the frame rate to a lower frame rate to make a smaller file, who is to say that the file won"t be bigger than the original,..You should post Why you want to put the AVI on a cd-r instead of makeing a vcd or svcd so you can view the file on TV and why you are useing Tmpgenc to work with Avi file instead of Mpeg files..

Scott Jensen  2002-08-20 04:41:36 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file is a avi. TMPG says it can edit avi files. The file I want to edit was one I downloaded from WinMX and is a comedian's stage act. It is too large right now for a CD so I'd like to cut out a few of the lame jokes so I can make the good ones fit on a CD. I plan to make a few copies and give it to friends. Unfortunately, the lame jokes are sprinkled throughout the act.

wcpaul  2002-08-20 18:03:55 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe Avisynth has commands that would let you drop every nth frame, but that would be a real pain. And the audio might be difficult to sync back up.

Virtualdub good for simple AVI editing. Set IN and OUT points and hit delete. Save with direct stream copy to avoid recompression.

Or, recompress to a format with a lower bitrate. This would mean encoding to MPEG or "save as AVI" choosing a different codec, like DIVX.

You do not mention the length or current codec of the clip so it is hard to make a call. Cutting out frames and then saving with the wrong codec could blow the file way UP in size.

Minion  2002-08-21 02:16:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Right ...If you want to edit AVI files Tmpgenc is not the best one for the job, because with Tmpgenc you have to re-encode the file to AVI to edit it, you should download "Virtual Dub" it is a proper AVI editor, and it will allow you to do a "Direct stream copy" of the file instead of Re-encodeing it so you don"t loose Quality...

Scott Jensen  2002-08-21 15:40:26 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out Virtual Dub.

Question - TE25 - tmeg convert dvd quality No.26792
Ardwyn  2002-08-19 17:50:45 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help new user

I ve converted some holiday avi files created on a fuiji finepix camara
I download them to my pc and then converted them ready to burn as dvd so
that we could watch them on our TV.

I used DVD PAL . I had no trouble in converting them but silly me i deleted
the avi versions both on the PC and the smartcard. When i play them it
tells me they are not supportted and onmedia player it goes looking for a
codec which it fails to find.

it also will not burn the dvd.

Is there some way i can convert them back i've tried video-cd and
super video cd but to no success both tell me cannot open or unsupported

Minion  2002-08-19 23:28:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you are saying that you encoded your avi"s to mpeg then deleted the avi"s but then realized that the mpeg files don"t play in your media players and you wan"t to get your avi files back or get the mpeg to play??? Well if you are useing "Windows Media Player" then it might not play it because Media player needs a special mpeg2 codec to play mpeg2 files, so you need to play the mpeg file with a software DVD player like "Power DVD" ..If there is no image in your mpeg file then there is no way to extract an image..You can"t extract what isn"t there..but if you CAN get it to play with Power DVD but for some reason can"t burn it to DVD-R, you can re-encode the file by de-multiplexing the file and re-encode the video to mpeg...

ardwyn  2002-08-20 19:11:09 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks but how do i re-encode the file using what software

ardwyn  2002-08-20 19:12:37 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>So you are saying that you encoded your avi"s to mpeg then deleted the avi"s but then realized that the mpeg files don"t play in your media players and you wan"t to get your avi files back or get the mpeg to play??? Well if you are useing "Windows Media Player" then it might not play it because Media player needs a special mpeg2 codec to play mpeg2 files, so you need to play the mpeg file with a software DVD player like "Power DVD" ..If there is no image in your mpeg file then there is no way to extract an image..You can"t extract what isn"t there..but if you CAN get it to play with Power DVD but for some reason can"t burn it to DVD-R, you can re-encode the file by de-multiplexing the file and re-encode the video to mpeg...

How do i do this using what software? and where do i get power dvd

Minion  2002-08-21 01:18:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there is a Picture in the file then you can encode it with Tmpgenc but if there isn"t then you are out of luck........

Question - TE25 - Error -272762914 859034592 No.26791
Stef  2002-08-19 15:57:30 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

During encoding a AVI file to an MPEG2 file, i get the next error :

-272762914 859034592

After the error the ecoding stops.

What is this error, and what can I do about it ?

Stef

Question - TE25 - open avi No.26789
josh  2002-08-19 15:12:48 ( ID:dxkxyvzgi3h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my avi files will not open it says can not open or is unsupported

Ardwyn  2002-08-19 17:34:12 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get a simular message after i've converted some video from my fuiji
finepix camara.
I converted it to mpeg2 on pal and now it wont read or be burnt for a dvd
video

Any ideas

Question - TE25 - had sound not now No.26786
bruce  2002-08-19 13:46:14 ( ID:ojeqhjjuna. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,
i have been using this program from sometime now,i have converted about 60 movies and have had no problem with the sound.now for no reason there is no sound when i convert.i even tried to convert a movie that i did once before that had sound .now it does not have sound...please help...i have never converted to wav before.it always worked before.

Minion  2002-08-19 23:13:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you never had to extract the audio to wav then you have been lucky ,Untill now, I know the earlier versions seemed to be compatible with more audio formats, but It is the only solution that there is for audio that doesn"t encode......

GorillaPalmz  2002-08-20 23:52:02 ( ID:kh9w/5b68i. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to your sound properties and make sure the correct recording input is selected. on windows, open up the play control dialog (usually the speaker icon in your system tray), go to options -> properties, click the recording radio button, then ok. the play control dialog changes to the record dialog. from here make sure you have the right input selected (usually line-in if you have a capture card like i do), hope that helps...

Question - TE25 - Took 11 hours just to encode 5 mins of AVI? No.26784
geek  2002-08-19 13:19:03 ( ID:aqthpebepll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I tried to encode an AVI file but it's taking way too long. For just 5 mins of it (only 11%), 11 hours have elapsed and the indicator shows that 83 more hours are required to complete the encoding!

I have encoded other AVIs with no problems - this is the only one giving me problems. Most likely it's because of the source file. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong/different with this particular AVI?

Thanks and regards,
GeeK

ffast  2002-08-22 10:03:17 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are few things I can think of.

1. The AVI is corrupted.
2. The AVI is divx or something but you have not installed proper codec.
3. Both 1 and 2.

If you got the file from somewhere and do not know the file format in detail
it is hard to solve the problem.

Question - TE25 - Newbie Q No.26781
Montage  2002-08-19 11:49:44 ( ID:vc2zbm24icr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had some extremely newbie questions for anyone willing to help.

I just wanted to convert some avis to mpegs so I can watch them on my dvd/vcd player (was planning to burn them in Nero).

1) interlace or non-interlace?
2) aspect ratio at default 1:1 (VGA)
3) do I need to change source range, clip frame or noise reduction, or leave them unchecked?

Anything else I should know.

Thanks!

Steve  2002-08-19 18:27:54 ( ID:wx1rs1lbck6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Montage,

Try this link
http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2vcd_with_smart_dvd2avi_tmpgenc.cfm?wide=true

The website is called afterdawn.com and it shows you in exact details on how to use the software including TMPGEnc.

Montage  2002-08-19 19:14:41 ( ID:vc2zbm24icr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sweet, thanks alot. I'm checking it out right now.

Request - TE25 - Add the possibility of more passes No.26775
Abubu Aguli  2002-08-19 10:25:46 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Add the possibility of more than two passes in Tmpgenc.

Minion  2002-08-19 10:30:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t really know why, the 2-pass vbr doesn"t seem any better than the CQ so why would 3 or 4 passes make any differance, if you want multi-pass use CCE....

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-19 19:38:25 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with you Minion... CQ is already enough for most people... I don't like 2 (or more) pass for the time you lose encoding it and the fact that this time lost does not improve the quality significantly... so I'll stick with CQ ;-)

wcpaul  2002-08-20 18:19:06 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Long videos would benefit greatly from multiple passes and currently DO benefit from 2-pass. You can set the average bitrate just sightly higher than the minimum and still get perfect results in the high motion sections.

With multiple bitrate you could set min=2Mbs, max=8Mbs, ave=3Mbs and get a 3Mbs file with NO motion artifacts (effective quality equals 100%). Using the same min/max in CQ mode with a high quality setting will result in a bigger file.

The problem is that most people are not "pushing" 2-pass VBR to its limits by setting the average low. It IS time consuming to get the average setting optimized because this method requires processing the entire video. You can not experiment on short sections.

Meenky  2002-08-21 04:57:08 ( ID:lwxy7h0nwwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why would you need (and want) more passes? The video needs to be analyzed just once (and then once again for the encoding of course) and for the best quality use the selection of highest quality of motion search precision. And I agree with wcpaul about 2-pass giving the BEST quality possible when file size is a determining factor or if you want a specific size. 2 pass is actually equivelant to CQ-100-quality when the resulting file size comes out lower than what you specified as the avg. bitrate. It means that the encoder has more than needed room for encoding the file at your max bitrate and the bitrate allocated rates (which depends on the motion of the movie). ehh hard to explain... but yeah, 2-pass takes forever though.. I'd say for an SVCD, if your file is 40 minutes or less, then you are safe for encoding at CQ at 100 quality, 2520 Max, 300 min, with padding for the MPG to fit on an 80-min CD. Unless your movie has very lottle motion, more than 40 mins, you'd probably wanna go with 2-pass to get the best quality with the space you have. Use a bitrate calculator like FitCD. okay.. off topic...ill go now..

wcpaul  2002-08-21 19:15:43 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pro encoders do more than two passes because it is an iterative process to determine exactly where more and more bits can be stolen to make high motion scenes better. Until the guess from pass N is tested in pass N+1, you don't know whether it is optimal. If it is not, you need pass N+2, etc.

With just two passes, bit stealing probably needs to be conservative.

Bitrate/Q analysis on the final product should show a steady and low Q with a fluctating, but purposeful, bitrate even with a low average setting. TMPGenc in single pass CQ mode produces a nice Q but bitrate stays high and always seems to be "hunting" around unecessarily.

Question - TE25 - VCD (non-standard) No.26771
john  2002-08-19 06:25:21 ( ID:y0cv6nkdwhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How important is the system - setting "MPEG1-VCD(non-standard)"?

I recompressed a MPEG1 with the following settings: CQ, 3000-4000 bit rate, 100% quality, 44100khz and 320kbps to MPEG1 CQ, 1856-3000 bit rate, 100% quality, 44100khz and 320 kbps. (Its a 15 mins video i have all the space in the CD to use).

When i played back with my DVD/VCD player the video was perfect except for the audio there's a bit stuttering which is quite noticeable, about 97% good 3% stuttered. When i reviewed my settings aside from the above i used the option "MPEG1-VCD" not the "non-standard". Did this setting somehow affect my audio? or has to do with my bit rate?

Second question, when i fast forward the video in my DVD player the audio disappear, but if you play it normally till the end the audio is there, any explanation to this mystery?

thanks.

Olli  2002-08-19 07:24:49 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are creating a non-standard VD so the setting "MPEG1-VCD" not the "non-standard" is correct.

The audio stutter could be because the bitrate you are using is too high for your player. Check out www.vcdhelp.com, there is a 'Plaayer List' section where you can look up your player and check up to what bitrate limits other people are encoding to.

Minion  2002-08-19 10:21:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No ,if you are makeing a "NON-standard" vcd useing the "VCD-non-standard" setting is the Correct setting.if you use the "mpeg1 setting the correct VCD headers might not be added to the file.The reason that the audio cuts out could be because the bitrate is peeking out, which can make the audio cut out, if you lowered the minimum bitrate then you might overcome this problem without looseing quality.........

Olli  2002-08-19 14:49:55 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should stop replying early in the morning ... allow myself to wake up first.
Of course Minion is right ...if you are creating a non standard VCD, that is the setting you should use ...

Question - TE25 - Pal jerkiness No.26769
rocco  2002-08-19 04:41:41 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, i'm trying to convert a pal-divx movie into cvd but when it is complete the picture comes out a bit jerky. I put the size at 352x576 and the GOP at 15. Actually i splited the divx movie into 2 parts but the first part came out fine. However i don't know why the second part is a little bit jerky (i used the same setting for both parts.Does anybody know what is the best setting for this in tmpgenc and Why part 2 comes out jerky and part 1 didn't....thank you for your time

Minion  2002-08-19 23:58:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe the "Field Order" for the second part was not set correctly..The field order for the first part of a movie can be differant than the second part..If you load the file into Tmpgenc useing the Wizard" then Tmpgenc scans the file for the correct field order.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.