Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 751 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Need Help On Better Quality Joselyn 0 2002-08-13 23:06:07
Question TE25 Better Quality Fedric 1 2002-08-14 00:15:43
Question TE25 Better Quality Fedric 0 2002-08-13 22:59:38
Request TE25 MPEG-Tools - Merge and Cut Error BlueSky 2 2002-08-15 20:42:56
Question TE25 It wasn't TMPG, it was my hard drive (sector errors) Paul Memoli 1 2002-08-14 00:07:39
Question TE25 Cannot open created DivX-File Gardi 0 2002-08-13 20:48:36
Question TE25 SVCD encoding from AVI for animated movies jwebb 0 2002-08-13 18:24:31
Question TE25 Splitting the Movie XtK 1 2002-08-13 20:59:57
Question TE25 Is it possible to make PAL mpeg from NTSC avi ? timof 4 2002-08-14 22:16:39
Question TE25 What are the settings for SVCD... Pwygant 2 2002-08-14 21:36:17
Question TE25 No Sound Norbert Stellberg 2 2002-08-14 17:04:10
Question TE25 Whole load of questions... Enri 3 2002-08-14 22:22:42

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 751 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Need Help On Better Quality No.26556
Joselyn  2002-08-13 23:06:07 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what are the settings for VCD. So i can get it to show better not blurry

Question - TE25 - Better Quality No.26554
Fedric  2002-08-13 22:59:59 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone tell me how to set up the setting or the advanced setting when i encode a avi file to show a better quality it is showing blurry.
(THANKS)

Olli  2002-08-14 00:15:43 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you give us some more info e.g.

- what are your current settings ?
- what are you trying to encode to VCD ? SVCD ? XVCD ? etc
- what is your source (ie video capture, divx etc)

Question - TE25 - Better Quality No.26553
Fedric  2002-08-13 22:59:38 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone tell me how to set up the setting or the advanced settingwhen i encode a avi file to show a better quality it is showing blurry.
(THANKS)

Request - TE25 - MPEG-Tools - Merge and Cut Error No.26550
BlueSky  2002-08-13 21:07:01 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By cutting an MPEG2 File (2,4 GB) TempGenc crashed.
TmpGenc Version 2.57

I want create 4 files.

The first and the second file works fine. (Size per file 777 MB)

But at the third TmpGenc cant creat the SVCD-Header !!!

I have tested 2 times. (By creating 2 times a new SVCD-Mpeg)

BlueSky

Minion  2002-08-13 22:42:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you cant get it to read or write the SVCD Header then edit it as a "mpeg2 VBR" stream and after de-mux the file and re-mux it with the "svcd setting" and see if it will write the header then, some authoring programs will accept mpeg2 files without a svcd header, like VCDEasy, or Ulead dvd workshop"...

andref4  2002-08-15 20:42:56 ( ID:5cnsbyzghmk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same error with tmpgenc 2.57 at some movies. use tmpgenc 2.56 instead of 2.57 for cutting!!!

Question - TE25 - It wasn't TMPG, it was my hard drive (sector errors) No.26548
Paul Memoli  2002-08-13 20:52:41 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, just a note for other people like me who are new to a lot of this... I was trying to encode some files and kept on getting "writing stream errors" and a freeze up. I wasn't sure what was going on but it seemed (after several hours of trial and error) to involve my computer rather than any specific video program. (such as TMPG or NERO). I tried to use Virtual Dub to extract a .wav and I got the message that I was out of memory.
My computer said that I still had 5 gigs free, but I thought I'd defrag the hard drive and make a bit more room. (I have been downloading, burning and deleting files 24/7, so I figured a defrag was in order. I downloaded PowerDefrag thru CNET. I installed the program, and a message popped up saying that I had some problems on my hard drive, and that these problems needed to be corrected before I could defrag. So I ran scan disk, and I found that I had "crosslinked files occupying the same sector". So I deleted all the screwed up stuff. Now I found that I supposedly only had 800 megs free disk space available... I restarted the computer and it still said the same thing, so I deleted a bunch of stuff I never even looked at and then low and behold, everything worked just fine.
So - what I'm trying to say is... it's not always the TMPG program that is at fault... sometimes it's the garbage on our computers, the residue from too many
KaZaa downloads or similar things....

Olli  2002-08-14 00:07:39 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep ... too true ...I have had a similar experience.
Best to keep the housekeeping on your PC up to date with simmit like Norton Utilities

Question - TE25 - Cannot open created DivX-File No.26547
Gardi  2002-08-13 20:48:36 ( ID:zfockqxaz76 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I created a DivX-File with the Avi-Output. The Video-Stream was 2-Pass-DivX 5.0.2 and MP3-Audio-Stream. The file was 700Mb large and I tried to open it by "The Playa" - DivX-Player. After 1 minute and my HDD worked a lot! I got an error-Message. I suppose that "The Playa" tries to write the whole file into cache and then play it.

What can I do?

Gardi

Question - TE25 - SVCD encoding from AVI for animated movies No.26546
jwebb  2002-08-13 18:24:31 ( ID:2agooyoprfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a preferred setting or template available for encoding animated .avi files to SVCD format? I have many .avi cartoons uploaded to my computer that are ready for SVCD conversion. Any suggestions?

Question - TE25 - Splitting the Movie No.26544
XtK  2002-08-13 17:42:52 ( ID:ho8vxswx4oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way for TMPG to split the Mpg files to fit on CD-R's? If there is please tell me how.

Paul Memoli  2002-08-13 20:59:57 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you have the TMPG encoder picture on the screen, go to the "File" header, top left corner, and scroll down to MPEG TOOLS. Open up this file and go to "merge and edit". You then add the file you want just as tho you were going to encode it with TMPG - presumably it is a file that you made with TMPG already. Then once the file-name appears in the box you use the mouse pointer to "click" twice on the file name and another box with 2 sets of "timers" appears. This is your edit studio, good for clipping out "previews of coming movies", advertisements, or whatever, or for splitting a long file into 2 smaller ones. Remember to provide a new name for the "output" file. If you are making 2 small files from QUEEN OF THE DAMNED.MPG You can call ther first half DAMNED1.MPG and the next one DAMNED2.MPG.
I find I have to do these in 2 separate operations. Perhaps both could be done in "batch" mode while you sleep, but I do not know if it is possible.

Question - TE25 - Is it possible to make PAL mpeg from NTSC avi ? No.26539
timof  2002-08-13 17:05:00 ( ID:jruueyx7cll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to convert my NTSC video into PAL mpeg file.
Is it possible to do it this way?
If not please suggest me a best way to do this.
Thank you all

Minion  2002-08-13 22:33:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t do it properly with tmpgenc, there is a tool that will turn your Pal avi file into a true NTSC avi file then you can encode it to mpeg, it is called "DV Film Maker" you can download a copy here:http://dvdsoft.da.ru/ but I haven"t tried it and heard that it does a very good job but it takes a while...There are instructions on how to do it another way on this BBS you will find it if you use a search function on the top of this BBS....

timof  2002-08-14 07:43:34 ( ID:jruueyx7cll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, but ...
I need to do NTSC to PAL (not vice versa) conversion and
I dont want progressive scan result which DVFilm make.

I`m trying to find other solutions on BBS, but still no success :(

Minion  2002-08-14 09:02:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is easier if the NTSC file is a 23.9fps Ntsc you can just change the frame rate of the 23.9fps avi file to a 25fps avi file with "avi frame rate changer" and then use a audio editing program like "Cool Edit" or "Sound Forge" to shrink the audio to the new length of the video...

ASHY  2002-08-14 22:16:39 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you familiar with AVIsynth?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - What are the settings for SVCD... No.26536
Pwygant  2002-08-13 16:36:12 ( ID:v/fkcvkaosl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok... I am getting a little confused so you young ones help me if you can.

I shoot home movies on a DV cam and then produce a great AVI file. I then use TMPGencoder to convert that AVI to MPEG 2 (NTSC 480x480)

I have asked what settings are best to encode with and I get confused by the answers. I want to be able to get a good quality movie. (No longer than 30 minutes usually) I hate when it pixelates in fast motion....

Many of you you suggest VBR, 2 pass VBR, CQ but the settings you suggest to me doesn't make sense. You talk about a average, maximum, and minimum bitrate. For example I think one gentleman said he preferred CQ with a setting of 4000 max, 2250 average, and 500 minimum. Another gentleman said use 2 pass VBR with a setting of 5000 max, 2250 average, and 500 minimum.

My question to you is I thought the SVCD specs to be able to be an SVCD was max 2520. If I set the max to over that (unlock) will this not then be some areas of the MPEG2 that goes over the 2520 and then not an acceptable MPEG2 SVCD file.

(I tried many of the settings and the burining proggy tells me this is larger than SVCD specs, do you want to creat a XSVC?)

I hope I make sense...?

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-13 18:16:13 ( ID:t/w4sqkslyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, it won't be a standard SVCD but lots of players are able to read XSVCD (and XVCD too) which is the best way (in my opinion) to convert movies...
I personnally use CQ because it gives me the same or better results than with 2 pass without losing the time of a 2nd pass encoding.
The best things to do (for me) is to set the motion search precision to High Quality (highest does not give real improvement and is much longer) and to set your templates to CQ Max. 4000, Min. 1800, CQ 65 (or more as your movies are short, CQ 65 gives me +/- an hour of movie). This will give you a really nice picture without losing time and disk space. I made a mix between ASHY's template, kwag's templates and some personnal discovery. If you want, I can send it to you...
As I already told you more and more DVD players are compatible with XVCD or XSVCD, to check to you can go to http://www.vcdhelp.com, there you'll find a compatibility list with the most common players.

laserfan  2002-08-14 21:36:17 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would add that it may be helpful to you (as it was for me) to make a bunch of small clips at various settings and burn-and-test them. Make a short avi (say, a minute) that includes typical content especially the motion you're concerned about. Convert it to MPEG as many times in as many ways as you want, and burn to CD or CD-RW whatever and try in your player. Note these may all play on your PC just fine but your set-top player is the true test. I was for example able to burn a "non-compliant" SVCD with all these clips on it, and then played it back & was able to observe quality differences, audio problems, stuttering,etc.

I learned for example that my player likes SVCDs just fine, but I can't exceed by too much the 2600bps bitrate standard.Also, my player (a Sony) apparently needs 44.1kHz sound for VCD and SVCD and 48kHz for DVD, again it wants "standard" formatting.

Question - TE25 - No Sound No.26533
Norbert Stellberg  2002-08-13 16:09:12 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I have now encoded an AVI File, but I cannot here any sound.
(The program does'nt identify any audio stream)
The originial file has sound.
What can I do ??
Regards
Norbert

Minion  2002-08-13 22:27:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio from your avi file is probably a incompatable format for tmpgenc to encode, you will need to extraxt the audio from your avi file to a wav file with "Virtual Dub" then just encode the audio and multiplex it with the video you allready encoded......

vuedue  2002-08-14 17:04:10 ( ID:8qjlqlt4qn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like to check out these template too, can you send it to me at
rvue@earthlink.net

Question - TE25 - Whole load of questions... No.26529
Enri  2002-08-13 13:30:42 ( ID:llkq183uyem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, just found this board after looking around for help with VCD creation. Anyway, I got questions...

1. Is it me or is TMPGEnc a bit tempramental? I can't figure out why, but it sometimes works and othertimes doesn't. On 2 different PC's too! How can I make TMPGEnc run more smoothly? I've heard many things such as disable USB ports, NICs, all other apps etc. but it seems to make little difference. I also tried using Win2k over XP but that didn't help at all. Anybody got a tried and tested solution for creating the best environment for it to run in?

2. Stutter! Can't get rid of it when creating VCDs. I use DVD Decrypter=>DVD2AVI=>TMPGEnc5.5=>Nero5.59. I've tried swapping the field order in DVD2AVI and reducing the bitrate to stupidly-low in TMPGEnc, but it makes little difference. I still get this regular video stutter. Audio is fine, it's just the video stutters every 40 frames or so just enough to annoy. Is this a problem with the DVD decryption, the TMPGEnc encoding or what? Is there a way to stop it?

I'm running a P4 1.5, GF2 Ultra 64Mb, 384Mb RDRAM with WinXP. The film is NTSC but I think I converted it to PAL in the encoding.

Any help on this would be great,
regards,
E

Olli  2002-08-13 16:28:23 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can answer the stutter question for you .....
The stutter is there because TMPGenc does not do framerate conversion very well. I have sent you my guide for doing framerate conversion outside of TMPGenc to eliminate the stutter.

regards

Olli

wcpaul  2002-08-13 22:34:03 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly, all video software is tempramental!

Watch out for this: swapping fields is NOT the same as making sure your field order is set properly. The swap operation in most tools affects WHERE field lines appear on the screen. Setting a field order determines WHEN they appear.

"Stutter" sounds like a field order problem and to fix it you need to make sure the top/bottom setting in the "source" video sheet matches the actual video.

A foolproof way to check field order is with avisynth. Use DVD2AVI to source the mpeg. (My scripts are not handy so this might need corrections.)

loadPlugin(".../xxxxx") # I forget the file name!
video = mpeg2source("input.d2v")
video = video.assumeFrameBased.SeparateFields
return video

Step through the AVS file with virtualDub to inspect the motion from field to field. Proper motion means the video is "bottom" field (avisynth's default). Stuttering motion means the video is "top" field. My ATI card captures with top field order so I found this out the hard way.

To fix this in the video file would require swapping fields AND delaying one field to the next frame. Better to let the player handle that.

ASHY  2002-08-14 22:22:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You say that you converted from NTSC to PAL in the encoding.
The stutter is not due to the field order or field swapping or whatever, but is because of the framerate conversion as Olli correctly pointed out. TMPG does not do correct framerate conversion. You need AVIsynth to do this or you can do it the traditional way by usiing AViframerate changer and cooledit.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.