Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 764 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 no audio stream with divx 17thguest 1 2002-08-03 21:01:02
Question TE25 "Stream Reading Error" when writing SVCD header??? Tony 2 2002-08-04 20:12:58
Question TE25 Can TMPGEnc combine multi-sources into one mpg? Anon 4 2002-08-05 01:40:19
Bug report TE25 Frame List Locks out over xx frames Archie-X 3 2002-08-03 20:04:25
Question TE25 Can't open AVI-File (created by Adobe Premiere) Chris Lang 3 2002-08-04 22:40:49
Question TE25 Resolution Olli 1 2002-08-03 16:34:58
Question TE25 Putting a VCD header on a SVCD file Olli 3 2002-08-03 13:29:34
Question TE25 How to encode AVI or MPEG files to VOB bouhraoui 10 2002-08-05 16:53:26
Question TE25 m2p can not open, unsupported (VFAPI DOES NOT WORK) Fred Smythe 3 2002-08-03 22:55:25
Question TE25 can't reduce mpeg1 filesize chris 1 2002-08-03 09:18:32
Question TE25 CERTAIN MOVIES BEING READ AS MUCH LARGER ??????? Sack 2 2002-08-03 20:42:13
Question TE25 Mpg1, Has audio but no image Jiggamac 1 2002-08-03 04:13:42

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 764 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - no audio stream with divx No.26029
17thguest  2002-08-03 20:52:53 ( ID:zqtc26bfzl6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to convert divx clips to svcd.
well the video was encoded fine but theres no audio.
i tried several divx clips but it didnt work with any of them

Minion  2002-08-03 21:01:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most Divx files have a unsupported audio format, usually "VBR MP3" or "AC3" What you need to do is extract the audio to a "wav" file with "virtual dub" then encode that as your audio source but if the audio is AC3 you will need an AC3 decoder to extract the audio.....

Question - TE25 - "Stream Reading Error" when writing SVCD header??? No.26026
Tony  2002-08-03 18:30:25 ( ID:zfoy9r2xoe. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Stream Reading Error" -- Every time when I finish encode a large svcd file (about 800MBytes), this error pop up, I have try using the mpeg tool to rewrite the header but the same error occured while writting the SVCD header. However, if i cut like 1 or 2 sec from the video using cut and marge, the problem is gone, but it only works sometime, and it's hard to guess the lucky number (sometimes 1 sec, sometimes 1.25 sec, sometime even 12 secs) is there any reason why this is happening? Any way that i can fix it? or any way i can predict the lucky number?

Example: a 779MB mpg file..
no cut , error happens at 25% of writing SVCD header
cut 1 sec, error happens at 3% of writing SVCD header
cut 2 sec, error happens at 12% of writing SVCD header
and so on.....

my pc (P4 1.6A OC 2.4A, 256mb ram DDR 266)
i have try downclock cpu back to 1.6, but the problem remains.

Minion  2002-08-03 20:41:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try useing "BBmpeg" to mux and write the header and see if that works, and depending on the authoring program you are useing you don"t need to have a svcd header, the authoring programs I use accept mpeg2/system streams with a plain mpeg2/vbr header, or are you haveing problems with the system header also, cuz it writes 2 headers in svcd mode.The authoring programs that will accept plain mpeg2 file without a svcd header are "ulead dvd workshop"Ulead dvd plugin" and "VCDEasy" there are probably many other ones too but these are the ones I own and know about for sure...

sjhc1177  2002-08-04 20:12:58 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too get this message. It started for me when I upgraded to version 2.57 . Using a xsvcd format. And its only on systems with the new version.

Any ideas. Cant seem to find the old version.

Question - TE25 - Can TMPGEnc combine multi-sources into one mpg? No.26021
Anon  2002-08-03 18:04:18 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a quick question: I have 3 x AVIs from my camcorder... can TMPGEnc encode of
all this, in the order I choose, into 1 x MPG video? I would also need to leave
out parts of one of the AVIs, so my goal would ultimately be:

AVI #1 -- Encode all of this.
AVI #2 -- Encode first 10 mins, skip 2 mins, encode last 10 mins.
AVI #3 -- Encode all of this.

Result: 1 x MPG of the parts listed above. Can it be done?

Anon  2002-08-03 19:10:20 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CLARIFICATION: I want to combine the 3 x AVIs in one step, that is, I *don't* want to create 3 x MPGs and then merge those into 1 x MPG. Can TMPGEnc do it?

Minion  2002-08-03 20:44:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes and No, you would have to frame serve the clips from "Virtual dub" to Tmpgenc but it will encode the 3 parts into one file supposedly in an upcomeing version there is supposed to be support for segmented AVI"s.....

Anon  2002-08-04 16:55:45 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't want to use VirtualDub at all to achieve my goal... so it looks like I'll
have to wait for TMPGEnc to be updated then. No problem! :)

Minion  2002-08-05 01:40:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You actually can encode segmented files in Tmpgenc if you are useing the "Canopus DV Codec" or the "Panasonic GiGa DV codec"..You might be waiting quite a while before tmpgenc encodes segmented avi files cuz then have had it in the plans for quite a while but still haven"t doen it........

Bug report - TE25 - Frame List Locks out over xx frames No.26017
Archie-X  2002-08-03 17:05:10 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seems to be a bug when loading picture frame lists, program hangs and must be shut down

anybody got any ideas ?

Force picture type -> settings

load

Olli  2002-08-03 17:08:09 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Works fine for me ...maybe you need to re-install ?
Failing that have a look at what else is running in the background (eg antivirus, firewall etc), another prog could be causing the conflict.

ASHY  2002-08-03 17:43:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's not a bug. You need to be very patient. Go and make yourself a coffee or something as it takes quite a while to be loaded. It should load trust me.

ASHY

Archie-X  2002-08-03 20:04:25 ( ID:hxjbfoabs7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will try killing antivirus and so on, waited more than 13 hours , so if it works ok for u guys, there must me something in the background killin it

thanx for input

Question - TE25 - Can't open AVI-File (created by Adobe Premiere) No.26013
Chris Lang  2002-08-03 16:36:13 ( ID:gogb/shsryj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I captured an avi-File from my DCR.
It can be opened an Encoded by TMPG without problems.

After I cut the video with Adobe premiere I export it to an avi-File again. This file can't beo opened and following message appears: "File ... cannot open or unsupported!"

What is wrong ?

Thankx Chris

Minion  2002-08-03 20:32:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off why are you encodeing avi to mpeg then encodeing mpeg to avi then back to mpeg again???You should capture to avi edit to avi then encode to mpeg..What avi format did you render the edited mpeg file to with Premier??The problem could be the codec that you rendered to might not be supported in tmpgenc but it probably is one of the vfapi plugins need"s the priority raised depending on the avi format, if it is a "direct show format" then you will need to raise the "direct show file reader" and if it is a "openDML format" then you will need to raise the "openDML file reader" and so on and ect..If you don"t know what format you used then first try raiseing the "direct show file reader" cuz direct show is the most common format.......

Chris Lang  2002-08-04 12:47:55 ( ID:gogb/shsryj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankx Minion,

I encode to avi from my dvr. Then I want to cut the avi-files, but after that i've to export them to get the new cutted-avi. Or am I wrong ?

From premiere I export the timeline as a "Microsoft DV AVI" other options are:
"Microsoft AVI", "TIFF-Sequence", "Quick-Time" and so on. the compression method is "Microsoft DV (PAL)".

I can't find any of "your" options like "dml" or "direct show". Do I need any further tools than TMPG ? How can I get more plug-ins if neccessary ?

can you help me ?

Many thankxs
Chris

Minion  2002-08-04 22:40:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They are there you have to go to the "vfapi plugins" and that is where the file reading filters are, so go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" thats where the "direct show file reader" and the "openDML file reader" are, if you used the "microsoft avi" then you shouldn"t have a problem....

Question - TE25 - Resolution No.26011
Olli  2002-08-03 16:20:18 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Im converting various DivX's to XVCD.

The res Im converting to is 480x576
The aspect ratio Im converting to is 4:3 (PAL)

Now the source avis' come in various resolutions (640x272, 640x352,576x240 etc). I know that most people use the source aspect ratio set to say 16:9 if it is widescreen and the video arrange method set to full screen keep aspect ratio.

The problem is that with say a source that is 640x272 with the above setting the output looks squashed and the only way I have found round this is to set the video arrange method to center custom size and then enter values there like 480x400.

What is an easy method to work out what the source aspect ratio and video arrange method should be ?

regards

Olli

Olli  2002-08-03 16:34:58 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S I viewed the out put through Power DVD as I know Media player does not accurately show what it would look like on a TV

Question - TE25 - Putting a VCD header on a SVCD file No.26007
Olli  2002-08-03 10:52:21 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since my DVD player will not play SVCD I thought I'd try the header conversion trick to get a file encoded to SVCD specs to play in my player

I did the following for a 5 section

- Loaded SVCD template
- Converted file
- Used MPEG tools to add the finished MPEG2 file and changed type to Video CD non standard

The resulting file plays OK in my DVD player but the file sizes are a little weird

The encoded SVCD mpeg is 219 meg
The same file with the header changed to MPEG1 is 91 meg

Any ideas ?

Is windows just reporting it incorrectly because of the header change ?
If so what is the real size I need to consider when fitting the entire movie across several CD's

Thanks

Olli

ASHY  2002-08-03 11:00:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be that there was padding added to your SVCD by TMPG.
When using the 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' setting this padding is removed.

Did you use CBR to encode this movie or choose the padding option in VBR. If so it is likely padding was added. To keep the bitrate to a constant level, TMPG must add padding to low bitrate scenes otherwise the bitrate would drop below the set level.

ASHY

Olli  2002-08-03 12:52:29 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy

I used CQ_VBR mode and padding box was unchecked

Olli

ASHY  2002-08-03 13:29:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Strange, have you actually watched through this movie to see if ALL of it is actually there. It seems unusual the size has dropped so much. TMPG has been known to cut the movie short when using this method.

If not it must be a windows quirk as I can't really see the file size dropping so much.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How to encode AVI or MPEG files to VOB No.25996
bouhraoui  2002-08-03 10:17:47 ( ID:zabjay2.dyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dear sirs.

Is there any software or utility to encode avi or mpeg files to vob files?

ASHY  2002-08-03 10:53:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need DVD authoring software. There are quite a few that do this, but don't expect the quality of TMPG.

ASHY

chris  2002-08-03 15:38:23 ( ID:b1zkljuz3el )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>dear sirs.
>
>Is there any software or utility to encode avi or mpeg files to vob files?
>

Hi! Why do you need this? Use TMPGEnc for mpg=>MPEG-1 or avi2vcd for avi=>MPEG-1 and then use Nero to burn a VCD.

Minion  2002-08-03 20:57:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He is not talking about mpeg files he is talking about VOB files, you can encode to mpeg with tmpgenc and then use an authoring program to turn the mpeg into a VOB file.I ran into a fairly good program a few days ago that converts mpeg2 to vob then creates the "Video_TS folder" and burns it if you wish, it is called "Intervideo Win Producer 3" you can download a copy at :
http://2002dvdinfo.org/main.html just look through the list of programs till you find it, plus it has a fairly good video editing and capture utility....

laserfan  2002-08-03 23:24:03 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm downloading WinProducer, hoping it will turn my mpeg2s into a burnable video_ts folder. I want to put video w/nonstandard audio (32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2) onto a DVD to try, but no DVD authoring program will let me. Does anyone know any tricks to fool SpruceUp or Pinnacle Express or neoDVDstandard or DVDit or ??? into accepting this nonstandard audio?

Minion  2002-08-03 23:47:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want to put such a low frequency audio track in your mpeg2 file?? The quality of 32khz wont be as good as the standard 48khz dvd audio, The reason dvd authoring programs will not accept that frequency of audio is probably cuz the programers know that 32khz will Not Play in most or all standalone dvd players ,you should just encode the original audio to 48khz and do it right then you will have less problems....

Minion  2002-08-03 23:50:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: Win Producer will either re-encode the audio to mp2-48khz or ac3-48khz so make sure you load the audio and video in seperateny or it might encode the video also while encodeing the audio......

Minion  2002-08-04 09:43:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sory but i got programs mixed up the program that i was thinking about was "Video Wave 5" and I got it off Kaaza..sorry about that but the Win Producer isn"t a bad authoring program but the demo does not support dvd"s but it is a damn fast encodeing engine for vcd and avi/dv.

laserfan  2002-08-05 03:17:07 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion I wish to put 32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2 audio onto DVD because that is what my source device records at (a Tivo). It would make saving to DVD very much easier if I could use the audio as-is without resampling it. Can you suggest any way to try this on a DVD? My player might indeed play it, as MPEG1 Layer 2 at 32kHz is an accepted format for mpeg audio discs.

Griff  2002-08-05 13:40:42 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the answer is simply no. I let my authoring programme transcode the audio from my digital tv card (which is already a 48KHz mpa) and there's no loss of sound quality, just let the authoring package do its job.

Griff

laserfan  2002-08-05 16:53:26 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The issue Griff is that authoring programs don't accept the 32kHz audio, at least none that I know of. Thus I have to resample the audio before importing to an authoring program, which has attendant problems of its own especially loss of sync.

So I'm hoping to find a method to create a vob file w/this 32kHz MPEG1 Layer 2 audio because I believe & anticipate that my player just might play it. Does anyone have advice as to how I might make such a vob/video_ts folder?

I discovered BTW that DVDit! has a "Create non-compliant DVD" mode, but that appears to be only for video resolution. It still chokes on my audio.

Question - TE25 - m2p can not open, unsupported (VFAPI DOES NOT WORK) No.25992
Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 09:26:45 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm getting the "can not open or file unsupported" error when trying to open an m2p file on my laptop. I have tried the +2 adjustment to DirectShow and it didn't help.

Here's the catch: the same file works fine on my desktop machine, using the same version of tmpgenc, the current one. Both machines will play the file in WMP if the extension is changed to mpg, albeit with incorrect aspect ratio. Both machines play the file in RealPlayer (again, changed to mpg), and their respective DVD players (PowerDVD XP on the desktop, WinDVD 3.0 on the laptop)

So I know the file is good, I know the VFAPI trick doesn't work, but the codec exists (well, _a_ codec) or else WMP and Real wouldn't be able to play it. I'd rather not install the 400 codecs in that Nimo Codec package if we can figure out which ones I might actually need.

Any ideas? If I missed a vitally important piece of information, let me know...

ASHY  2002-08-03 10:09:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is simply that you do not have the correct MPEG2 codec installed. Not all codecs work with TMPG that work with Media player.

Heres the best one which works with TMPG 2.56, but doesn't work with 2.57 due to the chages the way 2.57 uses codecs now.
www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 18:21:01 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay, I think I see now. In the revision notes, it mentions that it'll see the Cyberlink codec, but it doesn't mention WinDVD. Since that's the difference between the two machines (2.57 with PowerDVD installed works great on my desktop), I wager that is the problem. So I can either go through that big honkin' codec pack and see if I can find the Cyberlink codecs (which I think were in there, I at least recognized an audio one, if someone could tell me the video one that would be great, or I can just put PowerDVD XP on the laptop (which truth be told I think I like better than WinDVD, but WinDVD came with the laptop.)

I'll give those a shot and report back. Thanks for the help.

Fred Smythe  2002-08-03 22:55:25 ( ID:smqpgkytetr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bingo. I dug through the Codec Pack for a while, and found a couple ideas, but I figured I wanted to install PowerDVD anyhow, and I had it handy with me, so I installed it, and voila, TMPGENC works fine now. It must have specifically searched out the Cybervideo codec. So it's all good now. Thanks for the shove in the right direction. :)

Question - TE25 - can't reduce mpeg1 filesize No.25990
chris  2002-08-03 08:01:40 ( ID:b1zkljuz3el )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to create a VCD (MPEG-1) from a DivX AVI file. I'm using CBR and reduce the bitrate so that TMPGEnc shows me the target file size of 680MB. But after encoding the new mpg will have the same size if I had used the standard 11500 bitrate??!? Is't it possible to reduce the target file size by reducing the bitrate or what I'm doing wrong?

Minion  2002-08-03 09:18:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is that since you are makeing a "Non-Compliant VCD" you need to change the "system" setting to "video-cd non-standard"..I hope you realize that lowering the bitrate will greatly decrease the quality of the mpeg file, but if you need to get your file size smaller then use the "CQ" encodeing method, with this method you can actualy have a much higher maximum bitrate with a smaller file size and have better quality than the CBR method..Setting the maximum bitrate to 3000kbs and the minimum to 500kbs and the quality on "80" you could probably get 90-100 minutes on a cd-r depending on the movie and have better quality than CBR, give it a try...

Question - TE25 - CERTAIN MOVIES BEING READ AS MUCH LARGER ??????? No.25987
Sack  2002-08-03 07:12:26 ( ID:4awk444j5qj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive been finding that more than less of the movies I've been trying to convert are being read 3x larger or more. For example, the movie Oceans 11 is, 1h and 56 min (690mb 1 disc/file) TMPG reads it as 381 mins or 6hrs 35 min. The movie Kiss of the dragon is 1hr 38min (698mb 1 disc/file) and TMPG reads it as 256min or 4hrs 26min. Both are divix. Is it a TMPG bug? Something not yet supported? Or am I missing a setting?

Minion  2002-08-03 09:26:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "file size" feature is fairly new to tmpgenc and there for probably has a few bugs in it, or it is haveing problems reading the header on your divx files.Does this affect encodeing???Have you tried to set the beginning and end points with the source range?? and the size of the divx file has nothing to do with the size of the encoded mpeg file it is the length of the file that matters and the bitrate used while encodeing.Anyway if it doesn"t screw up the encodeing then i wouldn"t worry about it but if it does post back with the effects you are getting when encodeing or any error messages you get..

sack  2002-08-03 20:42:13 ( ID:4awk444j5qj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your the best Minion. The source range has to be set for the begining and end frame of the movie. Otherwise the encodeing does suffer badly (300kbs). This is due to the movie being viewed as larger than it really is. THX!!!!!!!

Question - TE25 - Mpg1, Has audio but no image No.25985
Jiggamac  2002-08-03 03:54:39 ( ID:xyq6o3ujrsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have audio but no images when converting DivX to Mpg. Both audio and video files are .avi.

Minion  2002-08-03 04:13:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader" you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then raise the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"........

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.