Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 754 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Fed-Up with TMPGEnc tdshaju 17 2002-08-17 05:34:23
Question TE25 Better Quality (Help Please) Fedric 2 2002-08-13 07:10:57
Bug report TE25 bug if cutting mpg2 svcd file if another tmpgenc mpg2 svcd encoding in background replic 3 2002-08-12 13:19:42
Question TE25 no video after converting to Mpeg meanstreat 1 2002-08-12 03:10:21
Bug report TE25 Merge & Cut causes audio glitches? Anon 1 2002-08-11 21:55:32
Question TE25 Converting 20fps nAVI, use PAL or NTSC? inouee 3 2002-08-12 23:37:01
Question TE25 Newbie - divx 2 mpg Loca 1 2002-08-11 18:35:12
Bug report TE25 TMPG PLUS download from Pegasus website is corrupted Paul Memoli 2 2002-08-11 21:41:23
Question TE25 "Stream Reading Error" Arcardia 6 2002-08-12 07:23:44
Question TE25 TMPgenc doesn't run after upgrade! Jim Robbins 3 2002-08-12 14:38:19
Question TE25 avi FILE "GOOD" tmpg VERSION VERY PIXELATED Paul Memoli 7 2002-08-12 22:45:11
Question TE25 Problem There is no sound or audio while i convert from asf to mpeg format kt21 6 2002-08-12 23:04:58

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 754 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Fed-Up with TMPGEnc No.26431
tdshaju  2002-08-12 09:19:57 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All TMPGEnc Experts,

I have been trying days and night to encode one VHS to DVD. Everything works
fine but when I play the DVD on standalone player fast moving objects are
not smooth, ( moves like ripples).

I tried TMPGEnc DVD template and Mr. Kwang's PAL DVD template. I have done
almost 500 trials with the same footage. Once Kwang's template gave me a
nice excellent DVD without any ripples (burned DVD by ULead DVD Workshop).
I got fed-up by trying to reproduce the same footage by using the same template

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM WITH TMPGEnc ?????????????????

I am 100% sure that it is not the problem of the source, since I tried with
Cinema Craft Encoder. There is nothing to compare. Always gives constant
results. Excellent MPEG2 results.

Still I love to use the TMPGEnc, because of its nice utilities and excellent
results in VCD and MPEG1.

Any solutions will be highly appreciated.

With regards

Shaju

ABS  2002-08-12 12:35:37 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried changing the field order under "Advanced"?
ABS

tdshaju  2002-08-12 13:18:46 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ABS,

You mean the field order. I tried different field orders
Always I am getting same results.

With regards

Shaju

Amrael  2002-08-12 18:56:38 ( ID:vny.x0xutzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem, I capture with dc10+ and when I convert in mpeg2 the image is bad, is not a field order because 2.57 detect it when you load the avi.
Help please

Minion  2002-08-12 21:33:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way I encode I use get the neat settings and features of Tmpgenc and I get the quality and speed of CCE, I do this by Frame serveing from Tmpgenc to CCE, then I get to use the re-size functions and the color filters and de-interlace source range and allmost all the settings in Tmpgenc then frame serve the file from Tmpgenc to CCE SP 2.62 with The Vfapi converter..It works Like a charm and you get the best of both encoders....

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:31:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by ripples? Do you mean jagged edges like a combing effect on verticals when there is movement or a blocky effect?

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-13 05:12:27 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

I was very much interested in your response. For me this information is new,
I am not sure whether I understood or not. Is it like this

Adobe->Premiere Frameserver->TMPGEnc->Frame Server (Vfapi converter)->CCE

If I am correct, could you please explain me the stage
TMPGEnc->Frame Server (Vfapi converter)->CCE

With regards

Shaju

tdshaju  2002-08-13 05:17:52 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

This is not combing effect. It is similar to wrong FPS. Which means
in PAL instead of 25fps, if you have 20fps you can not see a smooth
picture.

With regards

Shaju

Minion  2002-08-13 06:14:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, no ,I load the Video (not the audio)file in Tmpgenc do the settings apply the filters do the resize, clip frame, most of the settings besides the encodeing perameters can be frame served, then after the settings are done I go to "file" and save project, then I take the TPR project file and load it in the "Vfapi converter" and make a psudo avi that I load into CCE and do my CCE settings and I either load the audio file in CCE as an external audio source or I just use something else to encode the audio, and then encode, and the filters and settings you do in Tmpgenc show up in your file you encode with CCE, so it is like haveing the settings from Tmpgenc with the encodeing engine of CCE, doing it this way does take longer to encode then encodeing just with CCE but it is still much faster than Tmpgenc, on my 1.7ghz I can encode a 2 hour movie this way in 3 hours...This is the method I use all the time now cuz it produces exelent results....

tdshaju  2002-08-13 07:24:52 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really smart Excellent. Not flattering.

I just tried a small clip and I found that there is a big difference in quality.
Still I have a question about "Vfapi converter"

The way I am doing as follows:
==============================
Adobe->Premiere Frame Server->TMPgEnc->Created AVI output->Used the AVI in CCE for creating MPEG2

I have two questions to you:

1. I just saved the project in TMPGEnc (TPR). At present I never used the TPR
file. I don't know how to use TPR in "Vfapi converter" ????????
- For the time being I use output to AVI it just creates the AVI output
- What is the importance of project file TPR ????

2. If I use this method,
Sony CamCoder->Dazzle FF->Adobe->TMPGEnc->CCE
Physically I am creating 3 files. Out of it BIG DV file -> BIG AVI file
then -> small MPEG2 file.
I hope that you can understand the situation of processing 2 hours footage.
My HDD is only 80 GB. DV and AVI takes lot of HUGE space

- Is there any to convert MidiDV to high quality MPEG2 without these steps ?
- Can we avoide the creation of 2 HUGE BIG BIG files (DV and AVI) ?
- What will be the file size for 1 min AVI format ?

If there is no otherway I should go with it.. Need your suggestions.
Also how to use "Vfapi converter".

I have asked lot of questions to you. Sorry for bothering you a lot.

With regards

Shaju

tdshaju  2002-08-13 08:34:12 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion,

I got the Video File API (VFAPI) Codec software to create the AVI output.
Everything looks fine. Only problem is filesize is Huge. 440MB/Sec
-> 25GB One Hour Clip.

Is it the standard ? or can we save as compressed video ?

With regards

Shaju

Amrael  2002-08-13 13:27:00 ( ID:vny.x0xutzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please my you explain how to frameserv? I know it, i know how to make a tpr but when you load a file in tmpgenc what setting in mpeg do you apply? the same that you apply in cce?
I know how to make a tpr for an mpeg but I don't know for an avi.
thanks

ASHY  2002-08-13 17:00:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You do not create an AVI with TMPG, this is pointless and a waste of time and quality.

Once you have your file from premier loaded into TMPG, set it up as if you were going to use TMPG to encode.
Instead of using TMPG to encode you then create a TMPG project file (.tpr) then load this file into the VFAPI converter.
Do not create the audio with the VFAPI converter. Once loaded click convert and you will have a dummy AVI created in a matter of seconds. Load this AVI into CCE and encode.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-14 07:05:46 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY

This method is excellent. Making use of two resources to get higher quality.
Now I am not fed-up with TMPGEncoder.

Meanwhile some times instead of creating the "psudo avi", it creates the
actual AVI with a huge size. What could be the reason ?

Needs your comments.

With regards

Shaju

ASHY  2002-08-14 17:01:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's because you added audio to the file. You must disable the audio in either TMPG or the VFAPI converter it's self.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-15 05:22:11 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

You are right, some time I was commiting mistake.
Now I can get a "psudo avi" without any problem.

I have another question ??????????????????????
I am using the TMPGEnc Template and Also in the final stage it uses CCE
templates also. My doubts are

- What is the role bytes/Sec and Type ? Should it be same in Both ?
- What about the GOP Settings ?

Is there any problem If I am following CBR in TMPGEnc and 2 Pass VBR in CCE ?

The Advanced settings what I make in the TMPGEnc is reflecting in the CCE
final MPEG. I am little bit confused in the bytes/Sec and type. Could you
please explain How should I handle there parameters for the highest quality.

With regards

Shaju

ASHY  2002-08-15 23:45:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The bitrate and GOP settings have no effect in TMPG when using CCE to encode. So you don't need to worry about this as CCE will overide any settings in TMPG, but just for the sake of it I always set the bitrate to CBR 9000 kb/s in TMPG when using CCE to encode.
The easiest way to see what CCE will be encoding is to just use the preview in TMPG. Whatever you can see in the preview is what CCE will also see and encode.

ASHY

tdshaju  2002-08-17 05:34:23 ( ID:rkrjj6/uxd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,

Thanks for your valid guidence.

You told that 9000 Kbps. I am not able to set it more than 8000. How
can I set to 9000 Kbps ?

When I bypassed through TMPGEnc without making any color change, I am
getting high quality results comparing the results produced from
Adobe plugin CCE. What could be the magic behind this ?

In the normal DVD movies setting of CBR,CQ or nPass VBR is decided on
certain parameters. I found CQ and nPass VBR file size is low comparing to
CBR. While making a DVD which type of bitrate is desirable and how can decide?

With regards

Shaju

Question - TE25 - Better Quality (Help Please) No.26428
Fedric  2002-08-12 07:16:30 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can any one tell me a way to get a very good high quality when i convert my avi files to mpg files. Can some on give me the right setting to make it show very good on my TV I have a big screen every time i burn a cd it coms out good but not good anough i ca hardly see the movie can some on tell me how to set the settings please THANKS.

ABS  2002-08-12 12:38:36 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean you can hardly see it?
Is it blurry? Are there some "Blocking" effects?
ABS

Fedric  2002-08-13 07:10:57 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to say that is BLURRY, how can i set the setting for it to show better. THANKS

Bug report - TE25 - bug if cutting mpg2 svcd file if another tmpgenc mpg2 svcd encoding in background No.26424
replic  2002-08-11 23:22:31 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very anoying bug found if cutting mpg2 svcd file :
"illegal stream" when rebuild svcd header"
only if another tmpgenc is encoding in background a movie.

tks a lot

Minion  2002-08-12 03:08:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You aren"t really supposed to do anything with your computer while encodeing,There are a few errors that can be caused if you try to encode and do a high CPU task like useing the Merge & Cut..I"m surprised you didn"t get a floating point error....

ffast  2002-08-12 04:05:26 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have same opinion as Minion says.
Also, remember, TMPGEnc only supports files encoded by TMPGEnc,
and you need certain MPEG-2 codec to load MPEG-2 files.

andref4  2002-08-12 13:19:42 ( ID:ancrm7la4xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same error like replic!!! i have installed powerdvd 4 and I have encoded a movie with tmpgenc. wehn I want to cut the movie, the same errer message comes. when I use v2.56, I became no error message!!!
Sorry about my english!!! I¡­m from germany

Question - TE25 - no video after converting to Mpeg No.26422
meanstreat  2002-08-11 22:39:22 ( ID:g.dlecqlqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why I can't see anything, but hear all the audio after converting my files to mpeg???
thanks

Minion  2002-08-12 03:10:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the Direct Show files reader to "2", this usually will get the encoder to read your file,

Bug report - TE25 - Merge & Cut causes audio glitches? No.26420
Anon  2002-08-11 20:26:39 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I use the Merge & Cut feature to join 2 x MPGs together, there is an audio
glitch at the join point. Is this a bug? It doesn't make for a nice seamless
join of the 2 files... :(

Minion  2002-08-11 21:55:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a quite common problem with joining Mpeg files, Usually if you click the "Correct" Tab before joining then the glitch can usually be avoided...But if this does not work then the other thing that works is to edit of a few frames off the end of the first file and a few frames off the begining of the second file then join them together...

Question - TE25 - Converting 20fps nAVI, use PAL or NTSC? No.26416
inouee  2002-08-11 20:11:34 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In converting a 20fps nAVI file to mpeg and mpeg2, and have a mulitsystem TV. So what shd i convert the file to?

Also, i was wondering if anyone has templates for high quality conversions from nAVI to both mpeg and mpeg2 pse?

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-08-11 21:50:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your avi file has a frame rate of 20fps then no matter what template you use it will not look right when played on your dvd player,You will have "Jerkey" Playback, 20fps is a non-standard frame rate and there is no mpeg standard for this frame rate so Tmpgenc has to do a "Frame rate conversion" and has to duplicate a certain number of frames to make the frame rate a standatd frame rate (23.9/25/29.9) and in doing this cause it to playback jumpy and can cause certain parts to go out of sync..There is no Perfect solution for fixing this...

ABS  2002-08-12 12:45:01 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use AVIsynth to do a smooth frame rate conversion...
After that, for which TV system, it depends on the resolution of the AVI.

ABS

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:37:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You could use AVisynth which I find is the easiest and least hassle and gives pretty good results or you could use the traditional conversion method. Do a search on this BBS for frame rate conversion, there is a step by step guide how to achieve this.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Newbie - divx 2 mpg No.26414
Loca  2002-08-11 18:33:11 ( ID:kii99re6sih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a newbie with Tmpegenc and I have a problem:
I have downloaded a divx movie, and the divx player plays it correctly, so all the codecs are OK.
When I try to use tmpegenc and I select the video file, the program says that it can read the file or the format is not supported, while everything is OK for the audio file.
Where is the error??

Thanks a lot.

ASHY  2002-08-11 18:35:12 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the search box above and type 'unsupported'

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - TMPG PLUS download from Pegasus website is corrupted No.26411
Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 18:31:38 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and decided that I needed the "PLUS" version so that I could alter bitrates and make SVCDs etc. I went to the company home site and was ready to pay when I saw that I could download a trial copy of PLUS for 2 weeks of use. How Nice!!! Now 2 download sites were offered, the Pegasus home site and an American site.I chose the Pegasus site and after I downloaded the file I went to open it with WinZip and I was told the file was corrupted or damaged. I figured it had to be talking about my WinZip program flie... so I downloaded the newest version and was given the same message. Finally I downloaded from the American site and this time everything went smoothly.
Can some-one please inform the Pegasus people about this problem?

ASHY  2002-08-11 18:37:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think it is corrupt as I have downloaded that version from Pegasus and it works fine.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-11 21:41:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Paul ...I have read a couple of your posts and it seems that you for some reason you keep saying that you can"t raise the bitrate in the Demo version which is not so , if you wan"t to raise the bitrate or change any of the settings that are locked in by the Templates you just load the "unlock.mcf" template then you will be able to change any and all of the settings you wish, the plaus version and the demo version have no real differance....

Question - TE25 - "Stream Reading Error" No.26404
Arcardia  2002-08-11 17:47:35 ( ID:ceotpsdqgsc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

i often have problems with the merge & cut function
i try to cut a large svcd mpg-2 file into 2 file to fit them onto cd
but after few seconds an "Stream Reading Error" occours

the large mpg-2 file plays perfect so i dont understand that error

what does it mean ?

Olli  2002-08-11 19:05:19 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is your HDD full ?

Minion  2002-08-11 21:35:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a error that seems to be popping up on the 2.57 version, I got it continually last noght on repeated files ,but I then tried the 2.56 version and everything went smoothly..This definately seems like a bug in the 2.56 version so if you are useing this version then try useing a different version"s "mpeg tools"...

Olli  2002-08-11 22:18:07 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I see ... odd but I have not had any problems with 2.57 using Merge&Cut , mind you I did fork out the cash and buy the license, so it could just be a problem with the free version ....

replic  2002-08-11 23:24:01 ( ID:rtj4u1az/ug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no full version as the same problem :)

Minion  2002-08-12 02:59:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the registered version two, I was trying to put a svcd header on a mpeg2 file and each time I would get that error, i ended up putting a vcd header on it a burning it as a vcd but it turned out good....

Arcardia  2002-08-12 07:23:44 ( ID:.kylaqvs5v. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes
the error happens during the svcd header writing

while video and audio multiplexing everything
works fine but than...

thx anyway - i try it again using version 2.56

Question - TE25 - TMPgenc doesn't run after upgrade! No.26400
Jim Robbins  2002-08-11 17:45:00 ( ID:r5cct6re.nn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After upgrade to 2.57 the program aborts when started and reports the license has expired. Does anyone know what file to delete so it will start a new 30 day period? I must assume after 30 days it writes a file somewhere. It runs OK on my second computer.

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:59:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once you have expired the use of TMPG then no further versions will allow the trial because in effect you have have been given ample opportunity to trial TMPG and it would be unfair to allow continuous use just by downloading a new version.

ASHY

ffast  2002-08-12 10:13:28 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Does anyone know what file to delete so it will start a new 30 day period?
Don't ask this, you need to either
1. not encoding to MPEG-2 any more with TMPGEnc.
or
2. buy TMPGEnc Plus.
or
3. stop using TMPGEnc.

nycapbarista  2002-08-12 14:38:19 ( ID:frlsjqkbb62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc gives a generous trial period of 30 days, and I too was thirsty for another free trial period because I don't like spending money. I visited my local Best Buy store to see about maybe purchasing a similar program only to discover that they were at least twice as expensive. Plus I already know how to (at least at the most basic level) use TMPGEnc. thanks to that long trial period. I raced home, bought it online, and to be honest,
I think that spending the money was well worth it. Recommendation: Buy it! It's on sale for US $48.

Question - TE25 - avi FILE "GOOD" tmpg VERSION VERY PIXELATED No.26392
Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 16:58:10 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I used KaZaa to download a cam copy of "Queen of the Dead". When played on the computer with Microsoft Windows Media Player it looked fine (well, as good as camcorder copies usually look, anyway!) I used TMPG Plus to make a mpg copy. I chaned the settings so that the bitrate was 2300 and the speed of encoding was "high quality"... The resulting mpg file had bright muti-colored pixels running all thru it.Totally unwatchable. What did I do wrong? Did the high bitrate cause this effect? If so, how do you know what the best bitrate setting is for "broadcast quality" on a VCD?

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:38:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think this is a bitrate problem, but a decoding probnlem.
First try raising the priority of 'directshow multimeduia file reader' to 2 and the others to 0.
Check the encode, if the effect is still the same it could be possible that TMPG is using the wrong codec to decode this file thus causing the pixelation.
I would uninstall all associated codecs and install only the relevant codecs for this file an try again.

ASHY

Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 20:37:48 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I don't think this is a bitrate problem, but a decoding probnlem.
>First try raising the priority of 'directshow multimeduia file reader' to 2 and the others to 0.
>Check the encode, if the effect is still the same it could be possible that TMPG is using the wrong codec to decode this file thus causing the pixelation.
>I would uninstall all associated codecs and install only the relevant codecs for this file an try again.
>
>ASHY

OK I did reset the settings to Zero, and set Direct show to 2. Made new MPG, still full of rainbow-like pixels.Now I need to go back into the TMPG application and un-install all codecs other than avi to mpg? Not quite sure if I understood you correctly.

Minion  2002-08-11 22:00:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not sure this is the problem but it sounds just a little bit like the problem that Tmpgenc has with the "Angel Potion Codec" if this codec is installed on your system it will cause the mpegs you encode to have pink and purple Discoloration, this does not sound exactly like your problem but it could be a variation of the problem.. so if you have that Codec installed on your system then try deleteing it ......

Olli  2002-08-11 22:23:45 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also ... do you see the bright coloured blocks only when playing the VCD on your DVD player, or are they also there if you play the VCD in your computer ?

Paul Memoli  2002-08-12 01:58:37 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ollie I have not burnt an actual VCD of this movie yet. I have examined the MPG made by TMPG with windows media player, and seen the pixels that way.

I am downloading a complete film file, rather than 2 files that have part 1 and part 2 of the movie. Perhaps this file will work better.

Minion, I was mistaken about the bitrate problem regarding TMPG plain and TMPG Plus. Thank you for setting me straight.

I do have a follow up question tho, regarding the changes I made in the "Environmental settings" Since resetting all values to O and Direct Show to "0" did not solve my problem, do you think I need to restore the default settings? If so, is there 1 key to press (I don't remember what they all were)

Minion  2002-08-12 03:04:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the default setting is all of them at "0", but if you are encodeing divx/avi files then the only filter that should be raised is the Direct show..

ASHY  2002-08-12 22:45:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I mean by uninstall all associated codecs is if this file is an AVI then it could be DIVX or MS MPEG4 or like Minion says the crappy Angel potion codec.

I would uninstall all MPEG4 codecs then find out which is the correct one to use for you AVI by examining the FourCC code of the file by using 'Avi FourCC code changer' and then re-installing the appropiate codec to see what effect it has.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Problem There is no sound or audio while i convert from asf to mpeg format No.26385
kt21  2002-08-11 16:47:44 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone konws what is the problem i have convert the asf to mpeg, it convert it successfully,it can be played but jus now that it does not have a sound, i really dun know why?

ASHY  2002-08-11 17:41:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is probably in a format TMPG doesn't cope with too well such as wma.
Extract the audio to a wav file then use that as your audio source in TMPG and encode it to an mp2 file then multiplex this with your movie using the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools.

ASHY

kt21  2002-08-11 18:47:55 ( ID:tskw55mpumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi ASHY,
I have tried ur ways but it doesn't seem to work,i have folloe ur instructions of converting from asf->wav,wav->mp2,mp2->mpg,it seems that it cannot work,do u have other solutions.
Thanks

kt21  2002-08-11 19:08:48 ( ID:tskw55mpumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY,
I have tried to convert the wav, and tries to play it there is no sound all,is it beacuse the pc encoder is incomptiable

Paul Memoli  2002-08-11 19:10:11 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem with Vampire Hunter D "Bloodlust". The AVI copy had fine audio, the TMPG mpg did not.I used Virtual Dub to make a .wav file and then used TMPG to merge the two streams together. The new mpg worked correctly.
This may NOT solve your problem... but it did work for me.

Minion  2002-08-12 06:26:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What did you use to extract the WMA audio to a wav file??I hope you didn"t use Tmpgenc,HaHa,What works with asf and wmv files for extracting the audio is to try "DB Power amp" and you can extraxt it to mp2 so you don"t need to encode it any more you just multiplex it with the video you allready encoded...

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:04:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You must have used an incompatible decoder.Do as Minion says. Download Dbpoweramp from DBpoweramp.com with the WMA and MP2 plugins and convert the audio to mp2 then multiplex that with your movie and it should work fine.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.