Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 766 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Help me mélanie 1 2002-08-01 21:52:42
Question TE25 Audio displays but does not encode knish 1 2002-08-01 21:50:40
Question TE25 sahy/griff sorry guys need your brains again moviemicky 6 2002-08-03 02:43:19
Question TE25 .VOB Conversion To MPEG2 Bill 13 2002-08-03 02:00:44
Bug report TE25 PAL to NTSC Jeff 3 2002-08-02 21:29:38
Question TE25 will "cut and merge" support VBR stream editing nidhi 2 2002-08-02 21:07:33
Question TE25 TMPEGEnc freezes reso 3 2002-08-01 22:31:32
Question TE25 Black image during encoding jogram 3 2002-08-05 09:05:32
Question TE25 TMPGEnc no video Juho Mies 1 2002-08-01 21:34:04
Request TE25 Frame numbers in the MPEG Tool Marc 0 2002-08-01 09:36:59
Question TE25 Triggering Copy Inhibit Bruce 3 2002-08-01 12:16:42
Question TE25 getting a strange popup error now, what should i do? cow 3 2002-08-02 05:11:09

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 766 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Help me No.25942
mélanie  2002-08-01 20:54:34 ( ID:0lilphiq3sm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I begin in data processing, in particular for encoder of films. I succeeded in passing from the DIVIX to the MPEG, but the problem, it is that I do not manage to obtain from sound.

Thank you for your assistance because I have really difficulties in find the solution.

M&eacute;lanie

Minion  2002-08-01 21:52:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in the Divx file probably wasn"t supported in tmpgenc, you will need to extract the audio from the divx file to a wav file with "virtual dub" and use that as the audio source, but if the audio is AC3 then you will need to extract the audio with an AC3 decoder........

Question - TE25 - Audio displays but does not encode No.25940
knish  2002-08-01 18:01:22 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using TMPGEnc (2.57), and using a .wav as source. The wav has sound in it and plays fine in all players. When I encode, the audio displays in TMPGEnc (in the source range configuration screen), but the final mpg does not have sound.

Previously wav audio was not even displaying, so I feel like I am making some progress :)

knish.

Minion  2002-08-01 21:50:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have no idea why the wav file isn"t encodeing accept maybe you need to raise the priority of the "Wav file reader" but if you cant get tmpgenc to encode the audio you can use a different audio encoder to encode the audio to mp2, I use "DB Power amp" with the "mp2 codec" it is a free audio encoder and will encode your audio to vcd/svcd compliant mp2 audio files,you can also use differant audio encoders with Tmpgenc, the good ones are "Toolame" and "SCMPX" you can find them on a search engine and you install them in tmpgenc bu going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" and then just browse for the encoders "exe" file and thats it...these encoders are much better than the one in tmpgenc.......

Question - TE25 - sahy/griff sorry guys need your brains again No.25933
moviemicky  2002-08-01 17:56:56 ( ID:tegodoq9emw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok as i entioned i went away and messed around a bit converting the vob's to avi and trying differant ways to burn it to a dvd. i an stuck on this bit where the audio has been seperated.

now if this was an mpeg file as stated i ust merge using mpeg tools, but this is an avi.

do u know how i would import that audio in to virtualdub and then re-scyn both files?? i can find how to, trouble finding a bbs for it aswell.

this is a wav file

is their a way to stop the 2 files beenig seperated when dvd2avi creates this avi file?

just doing this too see if i can do it differant ways.

any help would be greateful lads.

thx

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:22:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suppose you are just doing this as a test as I wouldn't advise creating an intermediate AVI with DVD2AVI. Not only because of the quality loss, but also because of the speed aspect.
You will have much better results, creating an MPEG direct from the VOBS via a d2v project than you cloud expect using an AVI.

Anyhow if you multiplex the audio with the movie you will end up with quite a large AVI as you are using a wav file as the audio. It is better to either select mp3 as the audio in DVD2AVI or just use the direct copy option to extract the ac3 audio to a seperate file and then use Virtualdub_ac3 to mutiplex the two together.

To multiplex with Virtualdub_ac3 load in your AVI, click 'audio', in the menu will be ac3 audio or wav audio. Choose one then click direct stream copy. Next click the 'video' tab and chose direct stream copy from the menu.
Now click File>save as AVI and choose a destination for the file, your avi will now be created and mutiplexed with the audio.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-01 21:44:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another thing you can do is instead of makeing an avi file (for what ever reason?)is load the D2V file into "vfapi converter" and it will make an avi for you in about 5 seconds that you can use for what ever purpose you feel you need to make an avi for........

moviemicky  2002-08-02 01:13:18 ( ID:i7dsxxhpfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just doing it too mess around an experiment

thx for the info any way

i now have a problem when multiplexing too mpeg, the ac3 file is mpeg 1 dose this affect mpeg 2, as i have checked propities and it states its video/audio files and when i look to see it de-multiplex there is a audio file their ??

strange it worked fine the other day, i will look throught the boards to see if it has been asnwered

Minion  2002-08-02 03:25:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said "The AC3 File is Mpeg-1 does this affect mpeg-2?" I don"t really understand what you mean, do you mean you encoded the AC3 to Mpeg-1 and was wondering if that affects mpeg-2, Haveing Mpeg-1 audio does not affect haveing mpeg-2 Video..

moviemicky  2002-08-02 10:53:53 ( ID:tsa5v7h1bgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry minion correct

the audio is mpeg 1 audio layer 2 48000hz 384kbps

picture mpeg 2 720x576 25fps 8000kbps

i'm doing some wrong or have forgottern to do some think, but what ?? :(

Minion  2002-08-03 02:43:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like you file should be fine for Pal DVD, you said your problem is with multiplexing?From reading your posts I have a feeling that your video file is "mpg" not "m2v" or "mpv" and mpg file has video and audio but a raw mpeg2 video stream is a "m2v" or "mpv" so try loading the "mpg" video into the de-muxer and de-mux and save the video ,now the video should be a "m2v" file , now use the multiplexor and mux the audio file to it. I don"t know if your video file is a mpg file or a m2v file but if it is a mpg file and you have a seperate audio file then try what I sugested it might work....

Question - TE25 - .VOB Conversion To MPEG2 No.25919
Bill  2002-08-01 16:38:00 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good Morning,

Can anyone suggest a good process for converting .VOB files to MPEG 2 files? Thanks!

felicio  2002-08-01 17:58:40 ( ID:ag3y80mc2wn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i´m also looking for something to change .vob to avi or to mpeg2.
I thought tmpgenc could do that but it doesn´t, or it does?
please let me know if you find the solution
thanks
felicio

knish  2002-08-01 18:03:51 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://forum.vcdhelp.com/userguides/94288.php

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:29:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easisest,fastest and most reliable way is to use DVD2AVI.
Click here for info: http://www.vcdhelp.com/sefy/frameserv1.html

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-01 21:32:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also frame serve quite easily useing the "vfapi converter" after extracting the audio to a wav file of just extracting the AC3 you can load the VOB into the vfapi converter and make a psudo avi and then encode that to mpeg but still DVD2AVI is the best way.......

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:12:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure Minion? I don't think the VFAPI converter accepts VOBS. As far as I'm aware the VFAPI converter only accepts VFAPI project files from software which installs a VFAPI plugin.
Just tried it and it won't accept VOBS.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 04:57:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can get the "Vfapi converter" to accept"mpg,m2v,vob,tpr,d2v,m1v"but to get it to accept anything other than "d2v and "tpr" files you need to have the "Mpeg-2 vfapi Plugin" installed,I just realized this a week ago cuz on my old system I could get it to accept the mpeg format files but when i installed it on my new system It would only accept D2v and TPR files then i tried installing the Mpeg-2 Vfapi Plugin and now it works for Vob and mpeg video files but it only frame serves the video in mpeg file and vob files...

ASHY  2002-08-02 18:27:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, your right Minion. It does accept VOBS and MPEG after intalling the plugin, but it's very slow at loading VOBS and will only accept MPEG2 files not MPEG1 plus the plugin is very slow at decoding. I have noticed this when tryong to encode from MPEG2 in TMPG. The encoding takes 3-4 times longer than with the LIGOS filters installed.
DVD2AVI is still the best way to go I would say or for the fastest frame serving there is and way faster than TMPG you can't beat DVD2AVI>AVIsynth>CCE.

Does a 2 hr MPEG2 movie in just over an hour.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 21:25:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your right it is very slow with Vob files but with D2V files it is pretty good and with TPR files it isn"t bad, I use dvd2avi then Tmpgenc(to resize and de-interlace) then Vfapi converter then CCE and I encode at close to Real time on My 1.7ghz which isn"t bad considering frame serveing through 3 different programs..I"m sure if they did some improvements on the Mpeg2 plugin it would be a great mpeg frame server but it still is pretty good for d2v and tpr files........

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:05:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use the same method until I found out I could do it easier and faster with AVIsynth.

Download yourself a copy of the Gordian knot package from dooms site.
It contains all you need to get started with AVIsynth.

Gordian knot opens the d2v file and allows you to visually do the resizing similar to how TMPG does it the when your happy with the size it will create the AVIsynth file which you simply load into CCE 2.50.

Tip: when you decide to create the AVIsynth file remeber to check the 'Fool CCE' option under extras in the pop up box otherwise you may have problems loading the file into CCE.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 22:18:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Great, thanx Ashy, but will AVISynth work with CCE 2.62 cuz that is the only version that is stable on my machine?? but I will go and download it and try to get it working.........you rule....Thanx

ASHY  2002-08-02 22:43:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No no other version works except 2.50. This version should work fine on your system. I have used it on 98/Me and windows xp. What you need to remember is that CCE always expects and audio file to be present.
If there isn't it will crash. As you probably realise there is no audio with a d2v project file, this is why it is important to check the 'Fool CCE' option in Gordian knot as this will fool CCE into thinking audio is present. It is then a simple case of unchecking the audio in CCE or loading a wav file instead.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-03 00:08:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK,I got 2.50 to work on my system and was able to set it up to encode a avs file but no matter what i do the avs file allways has a framerate of 25fps even when it is set to 29.97fps and NTSC, and it won"t accept re-sized d2v files but that isn"t a problem, I"ll just keep fooling with it till I get it working.But i have noticed that the 2.50 version isn"t quite as good for quality as the 2.62 version i guess that is because there is no choice of matrix, I just hope the De-interlace works cuz if I don"t get proper de-interlace my CCE files play realy jumpy on my dvd player, but I"m sure I"ll figure it out...Thanx again Ashy.......

Minion  2002-08-03 02:00:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I fixed it ,it was a problem with it not recognizeing d2v files from the new dvd2avi version so I downloaded the 1.76 and it sees the frame rate properly now, and it seems that the de-interlace works fine but the quality of the 2.50 version isn"t quite as good 2.62 and I get a bit of jumpy playback but it is about 15-20% faster than vfapi converter, I tried loading the AVS file into Tmpgenc after setting up the readavs.dll registry entry for tmpgenc but i keep getting a "Floating Decimal is divided by 0" error..But it seems that the "vfapi converter" is faster than Avi synth if I just load the d2v file into it then encode but the re-sizeing in Tmpgenc slows it way down. I just with I could either de-interlace and do a proper resizeing with DVD2AVI or get AVISynth to work with 2.62 or 2.64, ohh well i guess 3 hours for a 2 hour movie at 704 by 480 isn"t a bad encodeing speed...Thanx again Ashy.

Bug report - TE25 - PAL to NTSC No.25915
Jeff  2002-08-01 14:58:08 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57 has a bug. When it opens a PAL mpeg-1 clip it does not read the audio track and hence it produces an mpeg-1 vcd without audio. I am using the VCD (NTSC) template. This type of problem does not exist in 2.56.

Minion  2002-08-01 21:40:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because the audio from the mpeg file is mp2 and is a compressed source and tmpgenc does"t like encoding compressed streams it can do it but seems to have problems with it at times, you should just de-mux the audio from the mpeg files you are encodeing to mpeg and just encode the video and mux the audio to the encoded mpeg file....

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:29:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, why do u wish to encode the audio again? It is already in the correct format for MPEG. Just mutiplex the audio with your re-encoded MPEG.

Also as a note to you. You will find that converting PAL to NTSC with TMPG will result in a jeky movie. You will notice that the image stutters as it plays.

There are guides on this BBS for correct framerate conversion.

ASHY

Minion  2002-08-02 21:29:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a new program out called "DV Film maker" that converts Pal avi to Ntsc avi and does a true ntsc conversion with 60 fields a demo can be downloaded at :http://2002dvdinfo.org/main.html

Question - TE25 - will "cut and merge" support VBR stream editing No.25912
nidhi  2002-08-01 12:33:41 ( ID:ok8awyxsran )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to edit a variable bit rate video using the "cut and merge" feature
in tmpeg tools. I am facing a few problems :

a) When I cut a portion from a video, and merge it with another portion which has already been cut, two frames in the joint are spoilt (there is a lot of pixelisation).

b) Mark in and Mark out points cannot be placed as desired. Is it because the marking is GOP accurate? If so, can we make it frame accurate?

c) When I use the slider to go to a specific portion of the video, the audio-video sync is lost.

I need help at the earliest. I would be very happy if someone can help me.

- Nidhi

Minion  2002-08-01 21:37:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc has problems editing VBR mpeg streams and there is no way to fix it, try useing a different mpeg editor go here:http://www.apachez.net and go to the tools section and there are a few good mpeg editors ,I would sugest m2-edit pro or mpeg2vcr or IFilm edit......

xerces3379  2002-08-02 21:07:33 ( ID:csgpp3lt.qa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had trouble cutting VBR files, but I think I have a work around. I will use the example of cutting out commercials because this is what I do.

1) Pull the preview bar to a spot in the commercial BEFORE the show starts.
2) Press the play button.
3) Wait for the playback to begin (if you are near the end of a large file, this could take up to 2 min).
4) Once playback starts, get ready to click the pause button.
5) Pause at the point you want to cut, and click the Set Start frame button.

It seems that using the "play" button sync's everything up so that you can get an accurate cut. It is slightly annoying to have to do it this way, but it seems to be pretty successful.

Hope this helps.

Question - TE25 - TMPEGEnc freezes No.25908
reso  2002-08-01 12:31:12 ( ID:w7sxx8pxaqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

With virtualdub I aded subtitles in an AVI file, then I run frame server in virtualdub.

When I tried to load a *.vdr file to TMPGEnc (as explained at http://www.vcdhelp.com/srtsubsvirtual.htm ) it allways freezes.

Why!

Help appreciated!

Robert

ASHY  2002-08-01 18:52:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'VFW file reader' in the VFAPI plugins and disable the 'direct show reader'.

ASHY

reso  2002-08-01 21:54:53 ( ID:w7sxx8pxaqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Ashy, it works now!

Robert

ASHY  2002-08-01 22:31:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No prob...

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Black image during encoding No.25904
jogram  2002-08-01 11:45:36 ( ID:wb3pumysdyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

During encoding an Avi file to VCD after 45% good, the movie becomes black.
There is no error message from TMPGENC.
The codec used is pinnacle MJPEG.
The movie is perfectly read under windows media

Any idea ?

wined  2002-08-03 13:17:20 ( ID:nqutolnqd92 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the sam eproblem the other day, at about 50% the preview turned black, allthough the whole AVI was played flawless with Media Player...
I didn't care about it too much until I burned it to VCD and realised, that the result at my stand-alone DVD_player was the same: a black screen after 50%....

I don't kown what cuased it, but I solved it, by simply cutting the mpg at the point the movie turned black, and only reencoded the second part.
It saved a lot of time, and now worked just fine....

But as I said, No Idea what caused it, but would like to know as well....

Cheers,
Edwin

ASHY  2002-08-03 17:55:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can usually be solved by raising the priority of the 'Directshow mutimedia file reader' to 2 in the VFAPI plugins.

ASHY

jogram  2002-08-05 09:05:32 ( ID:wb3pumysdyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello ASHY,

As my AVi is encoded with pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG codec (under w98se)w multimedia reader don't work, I have to use the vwf instead.

But my problem is still there , after a while the image is no longer encoded , only the sound.

By the way, is there a VFAPI plugin manual ?

thanks

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc no video No.25902
Juho Mies  2002-08-01 11:24:07 ( ID:mmg0wrmsi12 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This program has worked just perfect but yesterday it suddenly didnt show any video, only audio.. It doesnt give any error messages and everything seems to be fine,but when I look the file, I cant see a thing.. only the audio..What is the problem?

Minion  2002-08-01 21:34:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of the "direct show file reader" go to options to enviromental settings to vfapi plugins and raise the direct show to "2", this should get the video working...........

Request - TE25 - Frame numbers in the MPEG Tool No.25901
Marc  2002-08-01 09:36:59 ( ID:7smvjxemuuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

Is it possible in a future version to show the frames next to the time (like in the program where you edit the range)?

Thanks,

Marc

Question - TE25 - Triggering Copy Inhibit No.25897
Bruce  2002-08-01 05:33:47 ( ID:ryd6fox3lrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I make short videos for local distribution. I would like to be able to trigger the copy inhibit for the 80% of my buyers that would rather purchase the content than go to the trouble to take it without offsetting my costs of my time/effort/equipment expenditures. I would like to dupe to VHS and DVD-R and +RW.

Can anyone tell me how to do this or where to find how to do it?

(Macrovision isn't an option because of my small quantities and my desire to dupe inhouse for ultra quick turnaround)

tnx!!!
Bruce

ASHY  2002-08-01 10:13:30 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wouldn't bother trying to protect the disks as it will just be a waste of your time and effort.

I have researched many of the so called protection programs out there, but none of them really work to well and all of them rely on the copier to be pretty dumb.

Anybody who is willing to make an illegal copy of someone elses material doesn't usually have to look far to find the right software to do it and have usually done it before. The software only protects the actual disk itself not the content.

By this I mean that if you did happen to use one of the programs to add protection to a disk and someone decided to copy it, they may recieve an error when they do a 1:1 copy, but there is absolutely nothing stopping the user from simply copying and pasting the actual content of the disk to another location.

The other thing is that if someone is intent on copying your material, there are many programs out there that will easy break the protection on the disk and still allow a 1:1 copy and most if not all burning programs are able to break this protection.

I suppose the best solution would be to encrypt the data on the CD which would require the user to have a key to decrypt the data. Ther is a program called Encryption Plus which is able to do this which will place a small key on the users PC which will allow the Disk to be viewed as normal, unauthorized users will not be able to view the disk.

Please see this link for more info:
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protect_cd.shtml

ASHY

ASHY  2002-08-01 10:53:03 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just looked at your post again and realise you want to author to DVD and VHS.

I think you are going to find it very difficult to find any protection for this, even DVD's own propriertry protection is useless, so what hope is there of 3rd party softare being able to accomplish this.

ASHY

Griff  2002-08-01 12:16:42 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As ASHY says, DVD copy protection has been brocken, with the copy disabling software being updated in a reactive manner as new DVDs are released. It is, however, possible to construct a DVD, which although can be hacked, would not be easy to rip (copy) without a great deal of time and effort.

If you're new to DVD authoring here's an article, about a year old now, but still valid, which might shed some light on the authoring process:

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2001/08_aug/features/dvd_get_readya.htm

Griff

Question - TE25 - getting a strange popup error now, what should i do? No.25893
cow  2002-08-01 04:52:44 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok i posted the last time that tmpgenc keeps freezing up on me, now that everytime i encode i get the following error:

error:
.537403781 99504

i dont know what this is, and it always keeps popping up
anyway to fix this? im running lost here

Olli  2002-08-01 09:21:49 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you get the error for every file you encode or just one specific one ?
Have you tried re-installing the latest version of TMPGenc ?

cow  2002-08-01 16:51:25 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes to all your questions, i reinstalled and it still gives me an error, and it does it too all my encodes :(

Dave  2002-08-02 05:11:09 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey exact same thing happen to me except after it shows the error msg. , the time jumps to like 80 hours to decode. Does it do that to you?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.