Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 759 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Write Errors in CQ mode - Still looking for the solution BigVince 1 2002-08-09 06:05:01
Question TE25 Sound but no video Terri J 1 2002-08-08 03:54:08
Question TE25 Noise in Sound @ SVCD VJ 5 2002-08-10 13:32:42
Question TE25 AVI is slow... VaguelyWeird 1 2002-08-08 21:55:59
Question TE25 Frameserving AlterImage 1 2002-08-07 23:54:06
Question TE25 Neither audio nor video after MPEG2 to MPEG1 conversion CeeKay 1 2002-08-08 03:47:19
Question TE25 Progressively Slower JRule 0 2002-08-07 22:10:10
Question TE25 Problem with D2V file danboy 4 2002-08-08 21:08:57
Question TE25 your opinion please Andrea 5 2002-08-08 21:33:08
Bug report TE25 MAX NUMBER OF FRAMES IN GOP STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! surenm 2 2002-08-08 14:37:17
Question TE25 Video Editing for Content Peace 1 2002-08-08 04:38:12
Question TE25 AVI file unsupoorted ddog 4 2002-08-08 17:20:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 759 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Write Errors in CQ mode - Still looking for the solution No.26247
BigVince  2002-08-08 04:15:46 ( ID:3xkghnfgfyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While encoding in CQ mode, the following error is displayed: "Write Error occurred at Address (number) of module tmpgenc.exe with (number).

Sometimes it comes 100 minutes into a 120 minute AVI file, other times it comes 30 minutes into the AVI. It is pretty unpredictable, and needless to say, it is extremely frustrating. The AVI is a legit type-2 file which was captured on my computer, not downloaded. In CQ mode, it was able to transcode the complete AVI the first time around. I wanted to up the quality after inspecting the output M2V. The second and third time it bombed out. This is a pretty big problem. Does anyone really have a clue as to what could be causing it? Could it be a combination of the motherboard, processor, or memory being used? Could it be a bad hard disk? Does anyone else seem to have this problem. If anyone else is getting CQ mode to work without bombing,

Thanks for any advice.
Vince

fenchel  2002-08-09 06:05:01 ( ID:6yit03qdwvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well possible - i get that sometimes too , also in unpredictable manner and as my bard/cpu combination (Asus V7KT266 / AMD K7) is known for causing troubles everywhere, i blamed it on that. most of the time just restart helps - or smallest changes in the source such as dropping the one frame that crashed it :)

Question - TE25 - Sound but no video No.26245
Terri J  2002-08-08 00:39:36 ( ID:jn/e5tcjki2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to use this software for quite some time now but I still can't get it to work right. I want to simply convert an avi file to mpeg. I have however gotten sound now but with no video. Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Minion  2002-08-08 03:54:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the "Direct Show File Reader" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2"........

Question - TE25 - Noise in Sound @ SVCD No.26239
VJ  2002-08-08 00:11:37 ( ID:bt4ksc0lygj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a SVCD(PAL) from the movie "Animal" with the tools Smartripper,DVD2AVI and TMPGenc. After encoding I recognized that the .mpg file is "noisy" in the sound...I don't know how to describe it...but the .wav file that DVD2AVI created is okay. After ecoding there's something like a "shhhhhh" in the background of the sound. What's the reason fot that ? Does anybody have the same problem ? Solutions ? Perhaps the IDE-cables are "disturbed" by an electromagentic field of other hardware components ? Please help !

ASHY  2002-08-08 21:05:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The source file most probably had a different sample rate than the MPEG you have encoded to. TMPG's samplerate converter isn't too good. You can download a good alternative called SCMPX which you can use as an external encoder with TMPG. You can find this under 'Options'

The other alternative is to load the source file into Virtual dub then extract the audio to a wav. Click 'audio' and change the samplerate to 44.1 khz and make sure you tick the high quality box then laod this as the audio only into TMPG and encode. You will end up with an Mp2 file. Multiplex this with your already encoded movie using the MPEGtools.

ASHY

VJ  2002-08-09 00:50:51 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"The source file most probably had a different sample rate than the MPEG you have encoded to."

I used DVD2AVI to extract the .wav file. Then I took the .d2v file and the .wav file to encode in TMPGenc. It worked fine until I now changed the hardware in my PC. I had a Athlon 800 MHz and a Asus A7V mainboard and now I have a P4 1,6 GHz running at 2,154 GHz overclocked and a Asus P4B533-E mainboard. Perhaps it's a problem with the overclocking of the P4 ???

I'm not a crack with all these tools and I thought that TMPGenc is good, easy to use an makes very good results. The problem is that DVDx 2.0 makes the same results with the "noisy" sound. And I tried 3 different movies... what now ?

Please help !

ASHY  2002-08-09 10:25:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It may be your overclocking, I think that is too high for your processor unless you have some sort of extra cooling I would clock it down now before you do irrepairable damage to not only your processor, but the other components on the motherboard.

I have a 1.7 ghz processor which is O/C at 1.9 ghz and has extra cooling. I have done many tests and runs stable at this speed. Any higher and the other components on the board become to stressed and begin too fail.

If you have simply O/C your FSB then your memory is probably running at too high a speed and you may find as I did that you will get less performace at such a high O/C as the memory starts to fail and may be part of your problem.

Also your graphics card will probably be seriously overclocked now unless you have some sort of utility to underclock it back down to a more reasonable level.
It may also be that one of your overclocked components which is running to high and is thus introducing this as distortion to your file.

My advice whether overclocking your processor is the problem or not is to drop the over clock to at least below 2ghz before you damage your board or components on it.

ASHY

VJ  2002-08-09 13:00:57 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tested with "normal" 1,6 Ghz and the problem is still there. :-(
So overclocking could not be the reason...

Does anybody else have an idea ?

PLease help !

ASHY  2002-08-10 13:32:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still suspect it is the samplerate conversion.
I would use SCMPX with TMPG or use Virtualdub and convert the audio again then listen to the audio.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - AVI is slow... No.26237
VaguelyWeird  2002-08-07 23:27:12 ( ID:xciadovdc1n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the newest version of tmpgenc to convert avi into mpeg. However, when i finally start the encryption process, the "Processins inverse telecine" is still at 1% after letting the computer run one night. I wouldn't worry, except I that I hear no "computer sounds" so to speak --> the computer isnt actually doing anything. Not only that, the the program is always very slow in responding... I have to wait... oh 10 seconds before anything happens.

Help!

Atomico  2002-08-08 21:55:59 ( ID:v9wxvha4ylm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm i have the same problem :(

Question - TE25 - Frameserving No.26235
AlterImage  2002-08-07 22:43:37 ( ID:ixj0s4lwpdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to FrameServe to Tmpgenc with Flask MPG and AVISynth plugin. When I try to load the video.avs file in Tmpg, I get script error there is no function "IPCSource" (c:windowsdesktopvideo.avs, line 1). Am I missing a plugin, or do I need to rewrite the avs file? Help??????

ASHY  2002-08-07 23:54:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an error in your script. You have asked AVIsynth to do something it can't do.
Post the script here and I'll take a look at it.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Neither audio nor video after MPEG2 to MPEG1 conversion No.26233
CeeKay  2002-08-07 22:23:57 ( ID:evcjzc5fbsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently I've downloaded a Divx movie that plays both audio and video perfectly in Windows media player. But when I load it into TMPGenc to convert it to MPEG-1, there is neither audio nor video in the resulting MPG file.

The AVI-file does load into TMPGenc however, and I can even start the conversion, but the output MPG file is a black screen movie without audio...

Could this be a wrong codec problem?

Greetz,

Chris

Minion  2002-08-08 03:47:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason the video turned out blank is probably because you needed to raise the priority if the "direct Show plugin" I have noticed that with especially Divx 5 Tmpgenc will load the file but it would not show a picture.You raise the Direct Show Plugin by going by going to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2", and for the audio being not there that is probably because the audio is either "VBR MP3" or "AC3" and neither is supported in Tmpgenc so if it is "VBR MP3" you need to download "Virtual Dub" and use it to extract the audio to a wav file and use that as your audio source, but if it is AC3 then you will need an AC3 decoder to extract the audio to a wav file...

PS: If the video still doesn"t
then re-instell the relevant codec..

Question - TE25 - Progressively Slower No.26232
JRule  2002-08-07 22:10:10 ( ID:rvfhv70m8or )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't get it!

Maybe it is just this movie (.mov) but it starts converting to VCD just fine...but eventually takes forever to convert a frame. I ultimately have to kill it. The 'slowing down' happens at different parts, so it does not seem to be related to bad data...does TMPGenc search through the entire file it is writing to add the last converted frame or something? That might explain it...

Apple Quicktime .mov
30 minutes, 1.1 gig, 320 x 240, 16 bit 44khz.
Default VCD settings.
Converts fine with other codecs (but TMPGenc always has the best results!!).

Thanks,
JR

Question - TE25 - Problem with D2V file No.26227
danboy  2002-08-07 22:09:33 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I created a VCD yesterday using the following process

DVD decrypter ---> DVD2AVI ---> TMPGEnc (via the *.D2V file)

Itworked fine

Today I tried the same process on a different DVD but when I tried to open the *.D2V file, tmpgenc said it was unsupported.

What might be the problem?

Thanks

danboy  2002-08-07 23:11:04 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried it again after I posted this message and it worked. I set it aside and came back later and now it isn't working again

What's going on?

ASHY  2002-08-07 23:56:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once u create the d2v file make sure u do not move, rename or delete the file or any of the folders or vobs associated with the movie.

ASHY

danboy  2002-08-08 17:15:49 ( ID:6188cmcvbtw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They have not been moved or changed at all.

ASHY  2002-08-08 21:08:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy this file DVD2AVI.VFP from your DVD2AVI dir to your TMPG dir. It should solve ur problem.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - your opinion please No.26221
Andrea  2002-08-07 21:59:48 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A lot of people are encoding their avi-file into mpeg-2 (svcd) because they say it has a far superior quality over mpeg-1 (vcd)
Okay, i wont argue the better quality of mpeg-2
BUT ..... in my opinion if you have a avi file which has a video bitrate of ~1000, then it would be a waste to encode this into mpeg-2 (which has bitrates up to 2500)
The best quality you will be able to get, in my mind, is vcd which has a bitrate of 1150

Is this assumption correct, because it is my believe that with a lower bitrate then 1150 you NEVER will be able to get a better quality if you encode this as mpeg-2 with a higher bitrate.

If i'm wrong then i have to make a lot of apologies :)

Minion  2002-08-07 22:28:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t look at avi files with Bitrates in mind look at them with Quality in mind,because you aren"t encodeing to avi and you have no controll over the quality of a file that has allready in avi format, but you do have some controll over the mpeg quality, but your mpeg will never look better than the avi you are encodeing and the higher the bitrate you use the closer the mpeg looks in quality to the original avi..A vcd will never look as good as the source you are encodeing cuz the bitrate of a standard vcd isn"t high enough to acurately duplicate the quality of the avi file and mpeg is a lossy format but you can raise the bitrate of the vcd to obtain better quality..The biggest reason that svcd"s have better quality than vcd"s isn"t really the bitrate(it sure helps) or because it is mpeg2 but the increased resolution, a svcd has over twice the resolution of a standard vcd,......

Nico...  Home )  2002-08-07 23:07:49 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Excuse me Minion but for once I have to disagree with you. I downloaded some Star Trek movies on Kazaa. They were encoded in Divx 3 and the quality wasn't really great... in fact it was poor. I thought I could try to convert it to MPEG-2 (SVCD) and I was really impressed by what I get... quality is now much more superior than the original one... so that's for me, sorry Minion :-D...

Olli  2002-08-08 09:44:21 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dont forget that an mpeg will always look better on a TV than a monitor ...

Andrea  2002-08-08 11:21:06 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the responses

So if i understand i right, my little explanation about the bitrates is sofar incorrect that their is NO DIRECT relationship between bitrate AVI vs bitrate mpeg (1or2)

What you are looking for is a good quality avi (in this the bitrate is of course a big factor) and with this good quality avi it will make a difference whether you convert it to mpeg-1 or mpeg-2

Guess i have to start apologizing ;)

wcpaul  2002-08-08 21:33:08 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another way to look at this: Once a video has artifacts like noise or pixelation, it requires higher bitrate and resolution to reproduce that noise exactly when transcoding. Defects do not compress as well as clean video.

It is counterintuitive that poor video requires more file space to archive, but that is the mathematical reality.

Filtering defects kills two birds with one stone as long as the quality is not degraded. Although slow, "smart smoother HiQuality" for Virtualdub produces results without the cartoony, "merged pixel" appearance of other smoothers.

Bug report - TE25 - MAX NUMBER OF FRAMES IN GOP STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! No.26218
surenm  2002-08-07 21:47:38 ( ID:jxf/k3kpzra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After several bug posts, you guys put in a feature that lets the user select the MAX number of frames in a GOP. Well, I am sad to say it doesn't work at all. I have tried 5 differet DV Avi files and for all five of them when I put in output sequence header code to 1 every GOP and set the MAX GOP size to 36 it still outputs occasional GOP with as much as 40 frames in it. I am using Industry Standard Sonic Scenarist DVD creator and it is report this error with the mpeg 2 files generated by TMPGENC. Please actually FORCE THE PROGRAM to stop at 36 frames per GOP, it doesn't do this all the time!!!

Thanks

Minion  2002-08-07 22:05:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if this is actually the problem it is just a guess, but maybe if you turn off the "detect scene change" option then it might not make the gop"s longer that you specify cuz when Tmpgenc detects a scene change it will add an extra I frame, I don"t know if it just replaces a B or P frame with an I frame or actually adds an extra frame in turn makeing the gop longer, just a thought.
I don"t do DVD"s but I thought the standard number of frames in a gop for DVD"S is like between 15 and 18? If this is actually a bug in Tmpgenc and you are useing the "Plus" version then go to the "Pegassus site" and tell them about it so they can fix it cuz the makers of Tmpgenc don"t really seem to come here.......

B_Racer  2002-08-08 14:37:17 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD-GOPs are between 14 - 18 Frames or up to 36 FIELDS.
But in TMPGEnc you have to use the Max Number auf Frames. Set it to 16, and all's OK (and compatible).

Question - TE25 - Video Editing for Content No.26216
Peace  2002-08-07 17:54:02 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering. Is their an easy way to edit out specific words from the audio, i.e. editing out swear words for my children, etc. Are there any freewre program out there that make it easy or does TMPGEnc have some plugin that makes it possible. Thanks.

Minion  2002-08-08 04:38:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc can"t do this ,and it wouldn"t be very easy ,you would need a good audio/video editing program like "Sound Forge 6 "..with it you you could add silence were you needed to or you could add a sould or a Beep were the bad words are or you could even hook up a microphone and dub your own words in, you can download a trial version at the sonic foundry web site here:http://www.sonicfoundry.com/Products/NewShowProduct.asp?PID=668
It actually has a pretty good audio and mpeg video encoder but I don"t know what the limitations of the trial version are and I think it is about $350 to buy so it isn"t cheap but I don"t know of a freeware program that can do what you need done.....

Question - TE25 - AVI file unsupoorted No.26211
ddog  2002-08-07 17:32:01 ( ID:9q.e625fmh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a couple of AVI movies that I downloaded a long time ago (at least a year). I think they might be DIVX but I am not sure. Under the properties window (under windows) it shows the audio as Mpeg layer-3 at 40 KBPS. The video it show at 20fps at 55kbps. When I try to load this in TMPGEnc I get the file unsupported error. I have searched the site and have not found any useful information. Is there anyone who can tell me what I can do to convert these files to VCD. Thanks

ASHY  2002-08-07 18:32:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2"

ASHY

ddog  2002-08-07 21:34:29 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey that seemed to work. It at least loaded the file. I'll now see what I can doo with it.

Thanks

P.S. Where can I find a description of all of those setting in the plugin tab. (what exactly did changing that setting do?)

Minion  2002-08-08 04:26:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Plugins Help Tmpgenc decode different formats,for example the direct show plugin lets Tmpgenc read Direct show formats , these are the most common formats like "divx/mpeg4,WMV,ASF,Mpeg1"most of the formats that can be played on Media Player, there is a "DVD2AVI" Plugin so Tmpgenc can read "D2V files from dvd2avi, there is a "Wav File Reader" so Tmpgenc can read wav audio files..There are quite a few plugins and some of the plugins read the same formats like the direct show plugin can read some of the same formats as the "avi VFW(video for windows)" plugin can ,That is one of the reasons they have differant priorities, so you can give a certain plugin priority over another to read the file...

ddog  2002-08-08 17:20:02 ( ID:6188cmcvbtw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks that helps alot

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.