Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 772 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How to divide a video file into several chapters CM 3 2002-07-28 22:19:45
Question TE25 Plus Version graphfx 2 2002-07-29 07:37:46
Question TE25 Audio out of sync sjhc1177 5 2002-08-05 20:46:38
Question TE25 vob-avi-mpeg moviemicky 1 2002-07-28 18:21:28
Bug report TE25 msvcrt.dll error Darrell 4 2002-07-30 09:06:43
Question TE25 subtitles Msquared 2 2002-08-05 20:49:09
Question TE25 scan line out of range kcip 2 2002-07-30 03:57:36
Question TE25 Mpeg-2 Tweaks Nico... 5 2002-07-28 17:46:47
Question TE25 How do I resize my mpg file Biggles 2 2002-07-28 12:37:25
Question TE25 How to put 2 audio tracks on one SVCD CM 2 2002-07-28 02:53:01
Question TE25 Win ME Error Msg - Cannot open, avi unsupported Kessi 1 2002-07-27 23:13:59
Question TE25 How to batch process?? rubellan 1 2002-07-27 22:13:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 772 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How to divide a video file into several chapters No.25681
CM  2002-07-28 18:48:58 ( ID:.buwe4ocw.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the following problem: I recorded a film from Television (avi file). Now I would like to divide it into several chapters (similar to a DVD). Is there any function in TMPGEncoder to start a new chapter e.g. every 10 minutes? I do not want to cut the film in many files by hand because there is a great loss of quality and it also costs a lot of time. I just want to have it divided into several chapters after encoding is finished. Modifying the mpeg file after encoding would also be fine if it works automatically without a loss of quality.

I would be glad about any hints

Thank You!
CM

ASHY  2002-07-28 19:10:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To add the chapters to an MPEG file you need to use an authoring tool after you have encoded the MPEG.
There are many programs which can do this, but a very good free piece of software able to do the job is VCDeasy which can do the chapters for you.
http://www.vcdeasy.org/
ASHY

CM  2002-07-28 19:43:10 ( ID:rkduhw95pwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot!

I will try it.

CM

Minion  2002-07-28 22:19:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another great tool for chapters and especially Menues and Titles is "ulead dvd plugin" you need to use it with "ulead video studio 6" or "ulead media studio 6" but it does good menues and titles and chapters which give the movie a real profecinal look to them, you can get a copy of each software at kazaa.....

Question - TE25 - Plus Version No.25678
graphfx  2002-07-28 17:48:04 ( ID:qlpufixwkrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI all,

My question is this. Is purchasing the plus version give anymore features then the the mpeg-2 experartion? Don't get me wrong I belive in supporting authors not there are other tools I can use that are free (poor broke student) But, I would gladly purchase the plus version if it gives me more then a time out on mpeg-2 creation. (actually I would love version 3 as I am sure encoding would support p4 ect and be alot faster). Any feedback from plus owners would be appreciated that are not just buy it cause its the right thing to do.

Thanks.
graphfx

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:30:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want an honest answer, I would say unless you need unlimited MPEG2 encoding then it isn't really worthwhile.
The main differences are as said MPEG2 encoding, a new 2 pass encoding method which you probably wouldn't use too often and a manual describing TMPG features.
It has been said that the plus version is slightly quicker. I'm not sure about this as the plus and the ordinary version use the same encoding engine thus there shouldn't be a difference in speed.
I will add that I have tested this and didn't notice a speed difference.

It is really up to you to decide. The Plus version is available for trial for 15 days, so download and give it a shot and compare then see what you think.

ASHY

Mark  2002-07-29 07:37:46 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought plus so I could make mpeg2 files for use with my DVD burner. Still, I would have bought plus even if I was still making vcd's, since I want to support tmpg (I use this program practically every day). I noticed no difference in encoding times between the free and plus versions, though.

Question - TE25 - Audio out of sync No.25672
sjhc1177  2002-07-28 16:12:36 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sure this is a question you guys have all heard before but I just cant figure it out. I have downloaded a few DivX movies and when I split them with VirtualDub the aduio is out of sync. Now VirtualDub told me that the audio was out of sync and to make a WAV file, which I did. Then use the wave with the AVI and recompress it. I've burt about 12 cd's now all out of sync. Do I need to use another program when the audio's out of sync?

Thanks. You guys have been a great help.

Mark  2002-07-28 17:31:15 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/faq.htm#fixdivx

Good Luck

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:11:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the original AVI out of sync or not? Also why is it you are using Virtualdub to split the movies and are you creating MPEGs from these files?

If the original AVI is in sync, the problem is probably due to the fact that some sort of audio skew has been added to these files to sync the audio and video.
What is happening when you split the files is that Virtualdub is creating new files without the skew included thus causing de-sync. Unless you specifically reset the audio skew with virtualdub it will just be simply ignored and de-sync will occur.

If you are creating MPEGs from these files and they have had some sort of audio skew added, it is quite likely TMPG will ignore this skew and cause A/V desync.
It is better to load the AVI into virtualdub and frameserve it to TMPG as Virtualdub will take into account the skew while frame serving and should give you a synched movie providing of course that the original source AVI is in sync. You can then split the movie with the MPEGtools.

ASHY

sjhc1177  2002-07-28 18:57:56 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One movie I'm having trouble with reports a CBR skew problem. I have tried dumping the whole audio to a WAV and using VirtualDub to process the WAV under Full processing. Then splitting the movie and then loading it in to Tmpgenc. But the audio is out of sync before I convert it to a MPG.

I've come across this before. Is it better to use Tmpgenc to split the avi when out of sync?

I've even tried to reload the WAV and create a new AVI. No luck there.

I also have DivX that again sound fine but when split the audio seems to slip and be out of sync.

Steven

ASHY  2002-07-28 19:32:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are we creating an MPEG?

If the audio is in sync in the source AVI then just frameserve the whole thing to TMPG and then split the movie after encoding.

If it isn't in sync then extract the audio from the avi to a wav and load that and the AVI into Virtualdub, using the wav as the audio source as this will remove any prior skew correction. It is then up to you to find the correct skew adjustment to add to the audio to sync the movie.
Once you have achieved correct sync frame serve the movie to TMPG.

ASHY

Bill  2002-08-05 20:46:38 ( ID:dqbdpj8rrkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy
The quality setting on the PLUS templates is different because it uses KVCD's own q.matrix and CQ_VBR instead of CQ. That's why the number is so different than the value in the regular KVCD templates. The quality on the PLUS is really much higher than the regular templates. They explained that over at their site.

Bill

Question - TE25 - vob-avi-mpeg No.25670
moviemicky  2002-07-28 14:35:47 ( ID:r.qszuxkgdk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok sorry to all how may have posted replies in the past about this subject, but i have been unable too find a clear statement.

ok i have backed up a cd, which i borrowed cause my daughter sat on my original, and have got so far, but now i have gor lost some where.

the steps i took.

1 smartripper - created the vob files

2 dvd2avi - created 2 files 1 avi (pic) 1 audio file (soundtrack)

3 (problem) tmpgen splicing of the avi file to the audio file.

as u can see part 3 is causing me problems, as i link both segments to gether, in order to create a single avi/mpeg2 file.

at differant points in the encoding tmpg comes up with a statement 'illegall error' and closes down, i tried to copy the details but it will not paste here the results :(

questions

1 can tmpg splice the 2 files, i think it can ???

2 if not will virtuadub do this, if so how do i import both fies to that (checking their forums aswell)

all i need to do is create 1 avi/mpeg2 file from their i can import it to dvdit and recreate the dvd whic was destoryed.

recommendation:

keep the kids away from dvd's don't u love them

it was an extended version of aliens, with the robo guns etc

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:21:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok you have partly done the conversion correctly, but you have took a wrong turning.
It is not necessary to create an AVI with DVD2AVI (even though the name suggests it).
The step you should have taken after loading the Vobs into DVD2AVI is you should have created a d2v project file . After loading the vobs and setting DVD2AVI up as you want it the next step is to click File>save project.
This will then quickly create a .d2v project file and a wav file which you can load directly in to TMPG and encode.

One important thing to remember: DO NOT move, rename or delete any of the vobs, the directories the vobs are stored in or the d2v file or this will give you an error. Once the d2v is created don't remove anything until you have finished encoding the movie.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - msvcrt.dll error No.25665
Darrell  2002-07-28 13:01:56 ( ID:qly88hkgpfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i used v2.57 to demux a m2v file so i can encode the mp2 file. but when i tried to encode mp2 an error message saying there was an error in msvcrt.dll & i had to shutdown the program.
i have no problem using v2.56 at all.

ASHY  2002-07-28 18:45:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using an older version of windows, you probably need to update your Visual basic runtime files.
follow the links to download this file http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcrt
Replace the original after backing up the file. You will find it in the windowssystem or windowssystem32 folder.

If that doesn't solve your may have to download any install the latest Visual basic runtime files.

ASHY

Darrell  2002-07-29 07:19:40 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank u for replied.i'm using windows 2k advanced server with sp2. the current version of msvcrt.dll (v6.1) is newer than the 1 i downloaded (v6.0)from the link u provided.

ASHY  2002-07-29 17:49:55 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you wish I will post my XP version to your mail address if you wish to try it.

ASHY

Darrell  2002-07-30 09:06:43 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my email: duncon98@hotmail.com
thanx 4 ur help. i'm apprecited.

Question - TE25 - subtitles No.25662
Msquared  2002-07-28 11:39:13 ( ID:.5.s4iefp9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to remove subtitles from an avi file that I have downloaded ?

-M

minion  2002-07-28 12:00:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not that I"m aware of.You might try to basicly cut the bottom of the frame off were the subtitles are with the clip frame option but I don"t know how good it would look.....

Bill  2002-08-05 20:49:09 ( ID:dqbdpj8rrkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look here http://www.kvcd.net/dvd-models and under each template, you'll find the times they claim for each template.

Question - TE25 - scan line out of range No.25659
kcip  2002-07-28 03:47:40 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, can anyone help to explain what does "index of scan line out of range" means? thanks

ASHY  2002-07-28 12:48:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is an error in your AVI which probably has corrupt frames. You may be able to get around the problem by frame serving the file from Virtualdub. If not try to repair the bad frame with virtualdub or use the source range function in TMPG to encode up to the error, then advance past the error and finish re-encoding the remaining part and join the 2 MPEGs together with the MPEGtools.

ASHY

kcip  2002-07-30 03:57:36 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY, thank you very much.I've got it done by using the source range function.
KCIP

Question - TE25 - Mpeg-2 Tweaks No.25653
Nico...  Home )  2002-07-28 03:34:41 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I'm using TMPGEnc for some times now and I really think this program is great. I'm planning to buy the Plus version because I really love MPEG-2 quality. But before doing this, I'd like to ask a question to the "experts" here. I read that most of you use some tweaks to put most of their movies on 2 discs. How do you do so? I thought that with more than 2 hours it was recommanded to use 3 discs. Can you tell me how you're making this...

Thanks for your help,
Nico

minion  2002-07-28 11:56:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can get pretty good quality doing svcd"s getting 45-60minutes on a cd-r useing the CQ encode mode instead of useing CBR like the template settings but the only semi "Tweaky" thing that I can think of to get more on a cd-r is maybe trying those Kvcd Templates at kvcd.com but i personally don"t like them but other poeple use them, they claim that you can get something like 90 minutes of full resolution 704 by 480 mpeg on a cd-r.....

ASHY  2002-07-28 12:59:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is possible to get 2 hours of MPEG2 on 2 disks, but you will have to sacrifice some quality.

Take a look at the templates I have sent you, these will get around 100mins of nice MPEG2 quality on 2 disks. Have a play around with them by reducing the minimum and maximum bitrates and decreasing the quality slider slightly and you should get a decent 2 hr movie on 2 disks.

One thing to remember is for a 2 hour movie on 2x 80 min disks the average total bitrate (audio+video) would need to be 13mb/m. Do a few one minute tests with different bitrate settings using a typical scene in the movie and shoot for this value. Once you have acheived this, you should be close to fitting 2 hrs on 2 disks.

ASHY

Nico...  Home )  2002-07-28 16:06:38 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much for your help...

I try this as soon as I can ;-)

Nico...  Home )  2002-07-28 17:16:35 ( ID:ns4vu4p5in. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried the KVCD templates... I don't think they are so bad but can you help about the differences between the KVCD and KVCD plus... I'm sorry I don't really see it :-D
And thanks ASHY, your templates are really great... I think I'll use them a lot with my MPEG-2 files!!!

ASHY  2002-07-28 17:46:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the KVCD plus templates allow more to fit on to a cd, but are of lower quality as the quality slider for the Plus templates is set at a lower setting than the KVCD templates.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How do I resize my mpg file No.25650
Biggles  2002-07-28 01:25:22 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After converting AVI files to mpg using the Video Cd(ntsc)mcf setting and then going to mpegtools - merge&cut to join them together I get an error message - Tmpgenc has caused an error in QUARTZ.DLL

Minion  2002-07-28 02:14:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The mpeg tools have a few bug"s in them and usually if you can"t get them to work properly you will have to use a different tool for joining and cutting, if you look on a search engine like Google and type in "merge mpeg download" you will get a bunch of links ot mpeg joiners.....

ASHY  2002-07-28 12:37:25 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This looks like a directshow problem. Have you tried to re-install TMPG or use a different version. Seems daft I know, but has been known to solve many unusual problems like this.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How to put 2 audio tracks on one SVCD No.25647
CM  2002-07-27 22:46:09 ( ID:.buwe4ocw.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know how I can put 2 different audiotracks on one SVCD using TMPGEncoder? I just ripped a DVD and now I want to have a 2 language versions as a backup.
I would be glad about any suggestions.

Thak You!
CM

Minion  2002-07-27 23:17:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To put two audio tracks on a svcd you have to use a multiplexor that supports multiple audio tracks like "bbmpeg" it is free and it will let you add an extra audio track or two but I have no Idea if the audio tracks will be selectable or will play at the same time, I guess you will have to experiment..

ABS  2002-07-28 02:53:01 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I succeeded in taking a video track and adding two audio track in TMPGEnc under multiplex and worked fine for me... All you have to remember is:
1) selecting MPEG-2 Super VideoCD and it will do the job fine.
2) First audio track that you add to the list will be the main track.

ABS

Question - TE25 - Win ME Error Msg - Cannot open, avi unsupported No.25645
Kessi  2002-07-27 22:19:00 ( ID:bjjh6zkhavn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just downloaded and installed 2.57, but when I tried to open an avi file, I received the following message. Win ME Error Msg - Cannot open, avi unsupported
What additional drivers or software do I need to load in order to run this properly?

Minion  2002-07-27 23:13:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, this isn"t a WinMe error, open Tmpgenc and go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "Direct Show File Reader".....

Question - TE25 - How to batch process?? No.25643
rubellan  2002-07-27 20:46:48 ( ID:7.hf/fwol/j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't seem to figure out how to batch process. Everytime I select "Add" and select and AVI, it states "Illegal stream"??? Suggestions please...

Minion  2002-07-27 22:13:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you do is load in your file to tmpgenc then do all the settings then go to "file" to "save project" and save it, then repeat for each file you want to encode, then whan all your progect files are done go to "file" to "batch encode" then load all the project files into the batch encode window then click "run" and thats it.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.