Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 768 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 DECIMAL POINT CALCULATION ERROR JAY 1 2002-07-31 14:56:09
Question TE25 avi to mpeg1 in 16:9 Ri-q|p-er 1 2002-07-31 21:30:30
Request TE25 Better multiprocessor performance M.Bastian 8 2003-01-18 23:12:49
Question TE25 avi to mpeg1 in 16:9 Ri-q|p-er 3 2002-08-01 12:29:58
Question TE25 Audio Sync Problem Naqua 1 2002-07-31 21:36:11
Question TE25 encoding vcd Mohamed Bouhraoui 2 2002-08-01 09:57:25
Question TE25 tmpgenc 2.5 freezes now, what should i do?? cow 1 2002-07-31 22:56:01
Question TE25 help billy 1 2002-07-31 21:28:20
Question TE25 Problems importing to DVD Studio Pro halong 2 2002-08-02 02:35:51
Question TE25 BEST MODE FOR SOUND???? Sack 4 2002-07-31 20:27:18
Question TE25 Remaining Time counter does not match the remaining frames Scroll74 2 2002-07-31 15:53:00
Bug report TE25 Multiplexing audio and video Marc 4 2002-08-01 09:34:18

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 768 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - DECIMAL POINT CALCULATION ERROR No.25861
JAY  2002-07-31 14:35:30 ( ID:jzymeyv/olo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WHEN I AM ENCODING MY AVI TO MPEG2 I GET A ERROR STATING DECIMAL POINT CALCULATION ERROR. HOW CAN I FIX THIS OR EVEN AVOID IT?

THANKS JAY

M.Bastian  2002-07-31 14:56:09 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A 30 seconds search with google.com and the keywords "decimal point calculation error tmpgenc" produced the following on the first hit:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

--snap--
If TMPGEnc freezes or crashes when converting or you receive errors such as Unexpected decimal point calculation Illegal floating decimal point calculation order Try first to change the codec reader settings in TMPGEnc under Option->Environmental settings->VFAPI plug-in and right click on the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and increase the priority to 1 or 2 and try open the video.
--snap--

And please fix your caps lock key too ...

Question - TE25 - avi to mpeg1 in 16:9 No.25859
Ri-q|p-er  2002-07-31 14:24:41 ( ID:gfoxolg6pkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

how can i make an avi file to an mpeg1 file, because i want to burn my movie on a video cd to play it on the dvd player in 16:9 format, the avi file is ind 16:9
i tried it with tmpgenc but it doesen`t work there is only 4:3 format

i hope somebody can help me how i make a avi into 16:9 mpeg1

:)

Minion  2002-07-31 21:30:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just Change the aspect ratio to "16:9" but you might need to load the "unlock.mcf" template to unlock the settings so you can change them after locking them in with the vcd template.....

Request - TE25 - Better multiprocessor performance No.25850
M.Bastian  2002-07-31 11:58:36 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here a comparison of MP and non-MP performance on an Dual 750 Pentium III WinXP System:

TMPGenc 2.58 pro ,352x576 mpeg1(input stream resized to 320x320), CQ 65 700-2300 Kbit, Motion Search precision: normal, no Sound. Source was an DVD vob file.

Time to encode 1 minute

with 1 Prozessor: 3m37s
with 2 Prozessors: 2m41s

Out of curiostiy I tested 2 instances of TMPGEnc rendering in parallel.
4m07s for both tasks.

1 MP instance encoding 2 minutes of vob file: 5m22s
2 non-SMP instances encoding 2 minutes of vob file: 4m07s

So 2 non-MP instances of TMPGEnc running on an MP box outperforms an single MP instance of TMPGEnc running on the same Machine by a huge margin!

With motion search precicion: high the gap is closing a little bit. Sorry dont have exact measures on hand right now.

Since running 2 instances of TMPGEnc in parallel seems not 100% stable it would be great if the multiprocessor Code would get an update in one of the next releases :-)

cheers

M. Bastian

MP = MultiProcessor

Scroll74  2002-07-31 15:56:35 ( ID:lhz5uz6tdga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you also tried these tests while saving the output to AVI using the DivX codec? I am just wondering because I have noticed a couple of odd things with multi-thread support in TMPGEnc and DivX 5.02 regarding the remaining time counter. I posted it on this forum earlier this week. Have you had any experiences with this?

M.Bastian  2002-07-31 17:27:36 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, sorry. Cant help you there. Until recently I didnt even know this is possible ;-)
I cant even test it right now cause one HD of this Box died yesterday and it takes at least a week for the warranty exchange.

S.Coulson  2002-07-31 21:36:54 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a thought, but this was a common problem on NT4 systems, they could be notably slower on MP systems as it basically spent more time trying to figure out which CPU to use.

I would not expect this to reappear in XP after it was fixed in the NT4 service packs, but it may simply be easier for XP when 2 heavy tasks need to run on 2 CPUs.

I would try tweeking the XP registry settings to improve performance.

Simon

M.Bastian  2002-07-31 22:37:00 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This might be a Problem but the same behavior is observed when I run TMPGEnc under Linux emulated with wine(Btw. which isnt an exactly an emulator like Vmware).
If I start it with MP enabled I see 2-4 TMPGEnc tasks in my task list so I dont think its an Windows SMP problem. As a matter of fact I waited with my report till I got an SMP machine with WIndows on hands so I could verify that its not an wine/Linux problem.

richard  2002-08-01 00:48:20 ( ID:.5vk4awimin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am interested to know how your windows vs. Linux encode times compare, all else remaining the same.

Regards.

Mark  2002-08-01 01:15:37 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone use BeOS? I heard it supports up to 16 MP's (top that windows!)and was designed for video editing.

M.Bastian  2002-08-01 10:21:56 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The speed under Linux is acceptable but not all addons(like avisynth)work propperly. As soon as I get my HD back und have some time on hand I will install Linux on the same Machine and get some hard data.
Does BeOS has an good Windows emulation? Anyway, TMPGEnc only soupports 2 Processors right now.

Krobar  2003-01-18 23:12:49 ( ID:2a3zxfdklug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any word on improved SMP? It seems to run about 75% load on my system.

Question - TE25 - avi to mpeg1 in 16:9 No.25846
Ri-q|p-er  2002-07-31 11:45:55 ( ID:gfoxolg6pkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

how can i make an avi file to an mpeg1 file, because i want to burn my movie on a video cd to play it on the dvd player in 16:9 format, the avi file is ind 16:9
i tried it with tmpgenc but it doesen`t work there is only 4:3 format

i hope somebody can help me how i make a avi into 16:9 mpeg1

:)

M.Bastian  2002-07-31 12:08:07 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Basically you have to unlock yout template(load extras/unlock.tmpl) and set the aspect ratio for input(Advanced->Source aspect ratio and aditionally Video arrange method to Full screen(keep aspect ratio)) and output(Video->Aspect Ratio) to 16:9. Beware that most standalone DVD players refuse to recognize the 16:9 flag on (S)VCDs.

Btw. Setting the Video arrange method to Full screen(keep aspect ratio) isnt exactly advisable for making (S)VCDs since an TV set dont show the outmost 32 pixels. Resize manually or use Fitcd/avisynth for that.

cheers

M. Bastian

ASHY  2002-08-01 10:56:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think yor problem is you are not choosing the correct source aspect ratio or the correct arrange method.

Assuming your TV is 4:3 then you should choose 16:9 as the source and 4:3 as the output. Then choose 'full screen(keep aspect ratio)' as the arrange method.

This will give you a 16:9 image on your 4:3 TV.

ASHY

Griff  2002-08-01 12:29:58 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And if you have a 16:9 tv, "then you should choose 16:9 as the source and 4:3 as the output. Then choose 'full screen (and DON'T keep aspect ratio)' as the arrange method."

Just copied and pasted ASHY's comment - why type it again?

This will give you a squashed on-screen 4:3 image, till you hit widescreen on your remote, and then it'll be 16:9 anamophoric.

Griff

Question - TE25 - Audio Sync Problem No.25844
Naqua  2002-07-31 08:33:48 ( ID:jndln8sx8rl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone,

I have captured a 45min SvhS tape to a 18GB avi.
Sound is in Sync thoughout the avi. After i encode it to mpg2 sound at the beginning is in sync but the more i get towards the end of the encoded movie the sound becomes more out of sync.

I have tried separating the audio to wav with virtual dub, but that has the same effect. There was no frame-loss when capturing.

I don't know what to do with it.

Does anyone know ?

TIA
Naqua

Minion  2002-07-31 21:36:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is probably dropped frames or you might have captured to 30fps and you are encodeing to 29.9fps or simular such thing..Whatever the cause the effect is odvious the audio track is a different length than your video track so what you can try to fix it is to find out the "Exact" length of the video file then use a audio editing program like "Cool Edit" or "Sound Forge" to stretch or shrink the audio to the exact same length as the video then you can encode the audio to mp2 and mux it with the video, goood luck....

Question - TE25 - encoding vcd No.25841
Mohamed Bouhraoui  2002-07-31 08:12:06 ( ID:zabjay2.dyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear sir.

Thanks for your product ( tmpgenc ) its wonder and helpfull, i want to know if it is possible to edit and to increase the bitrate of vcd from 1150kbps to other rate as 1900 or 2200kbps.

Please send me your answer to my e-mail adress:
bouhraoui@wanadoo.ma

Best regards.

Md. Bouhraoui

Olli  2002-07-31 14:27:27 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you are talking about is producing an XVCD - a non standard VCD.
You can use higher bitrates (see www.vcdhelp.com and go to DVD Players List link to find your player, read the reviews to see what works for others and try it out) in TMPGenc.

To do this

- Load the Unlock template in the extra folder
- Change your bitrate
- In the System tab change the stream type to MPEG-1 Video-CD (non standard)

bouhraoui  2002-08-01 09:57:25 ( ID:zabjay2.dyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi olli.

Many thanks for your assistance, that's all i want to know.

Thanks again.

bouhraoui

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc 2.5 freezes now, what should i do?? No.25839
cow  2002-07-31 06:00:30 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok this has never happened to me, but when i encode a avi file into mpg (either vcd or svcd) as soon as it begins to encode, it freezes then locks up, thus that blue screen comes, how can i fix this fast???

cow  2002-07-31 22:56:01 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

helppppppppppppppp

Question - TE25 - help No.25837
billy  2002-07-31 05:17:19 ( ID:gg1wtdequka )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello, i have 2 questions

i usually make cvds out of tmpgenc and put the correct size/pixel at 352x480 for NTSC-film. However, i do not know the correct size/pixel to make a cvd out of Pal. And how do you convert pal to ntsc-film using tmpgenc

thanks a lot

Minion  2002-07-31 21:28:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converting Pal to Ntsc with Tmpgenc is not a good idea cuz the result will probably be choppy playback, the resolution for a cvd in Pal is probably 352 by 576 but changeing a 25fps pal to a 23.9fps ntsc film file should not be done with Tmpgenc, if you do a "search" of this BBS you will find a couple methods for doing pal to ntsc conversion, it usually involves changeing the frame rate of the Pal avi file then shrinking the audio track to match the new length or the avi file, but do a search and you will find more detailed instructions.....

Question - TE25 - Problems importing to DVD Studio Pro No.25834
halong  Home )  2002-07-31 02:32:00 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode clips in TMPG and import them to my mac and into DVD Studio Pro the clips play okay, but the time code is faulty which means I can't add chapter markings.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that the time code remains correct?

Thanks

hal

Minion  2002-07-31 03:28:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know much about Mac"s but it seems that for some reason your dvd software isn"t reading the header on the file so all i can think of is to use a multiplexor and de-mux and mux the mpeg file on your Mac with I don"t know what software then the header will be rewriten.Maybe the header is different on a mpeg file on a Mac than on a PC or something was lost in the transfer, you could allways author with your PC or find an encoder for your Mac, Just a sugestion..........

halong  2002-08-02 02:35:51 ( ID:gjcztwrv5yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried to run the clips through MPEG append to see if that corrects the time code3 issue, but it does no good. The clips show up in DVD studio Pro without any poster frames (this may be the problem instead of the timecode, but I don't know). I like the encodes with TMPG best. They're so much better than quicktime or any other software based mac encoder that I know of.

Still trying to figure it out...

Question - TE25 - BEST MODE FOR SOUND???? No.25829
Sack  2002-07-31 01:13:35 ( ID:4awk444j5qj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whats the difference between joint stereo and dual channel???

moviemicky  2002-07-31 01:28:00 ( ID:9g/6yzlcctr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

duel channel is the same as in germany

when a programme is broadcasted over tv, all u have to do is change the audio channel selector, so u can listern but stil watch the same film/tv show,
normally a film their is broadcast in english and german

it was designed for US/UK forces based in germany, it's the same with a dvd, if u bought a dvd in france their would be 2 laungauges english/french in germany english/german, it gives a choice which too listern to.

english is the default laungauge.

joint stereo

no idea sorry

Minion  2002-07-31 01:30:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I might be a bit off here but i think "Dual chanel" is best if you have a Mono source ,the dual chanell plays the mono out both speakers, and "Joint Stereo" mixes the left and right sterio chanels into one then plays it out both speakers,I think both these formats are for lower quality audio, like when you have mono or mixed sterio(left & right out both speakers) but if you have a sterio source then I think it is best to stick with useing sterio for the output.....

ABS  2002-07-31 11:23:35 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is a little more exact description:
'Dual channel' means that the Left and Right are encoded independently. 'Joint stereo' means that when compressing, it uses similarities between the Left and Right to achive higher quality, which happens but sometimes on the expence of stereo seperation.

'Dual channel' is best when you have two intependednt things on Left and Right, like said above for example, two different languages.

'Joint stereo' is good for low bitrate audio (I assume 112K and below).

Simply 'Stereo' is good for all other things.

If the source is mono then allways encode it in mono, but if you HAVE to encode in stereo (like in VCD) then I think 'Joint stereo' will be the best option for you.

ABS

ASHY  2002-07-31 20:27:18 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree Dual channel is simply two totally independent channels where no bit sharing occurs as in joint stereo.

Joint stereo should not be used for VCD if you wish to use Dolby Pro logic audio as the mixing will destroy the Pro logic audio information.
Joint stereo is best suited to Music, for example a music video where you could drop the bitrate yet still achieve high quality sound.

Stereo or dual channel is the best choice for DVD rips or any audio which has Pro logic audio. I personally would use dual channel as I think this works best for Pro logic due to the fact there is no cross contamination of the audio between the two channels thus providing better and cleaner storage of the Pro logic data and better reproduction of the audio , but requires more bitrate, but having said this the standard 224 bitrate is usually enough.

Stereo is a good choice, but I still find there is some bit sharing occuring between the channels.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Remaining Time counter does not match the remaining frames No.25826
Scroll74  2002-07-31 00:53:25 ( ID:lhz5uz6tdga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am making a backup of "Who's Afraid of Vriginia Woolf?" and seem to be having an odd issue.

Here is the scenerio:
I am using smartripper to decode the files.
I then use DVD2AVI to create the d2v file.
Then I use TMPGEnc 2.57 to do a 2-pass encoding of the avi file.

The issue is that while doing the first pass in TMPGEnc the reported "Remaining Time:" is hours more than the number of frames that are present. (eg. the system runs out of frames to encode and TMPGEnc continues to tick away for 5 hours.)

My platform is Win2k, dual P3 550's, 392 mb RAM.

TMPGEnc is set to Multi-thread mode.

Any ideas?

Minion  2002-07-31 01:11:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t have an idea why you are getting this quite strange problem but I"ll throw a couple things in the air to try and you might find a solution.Try going to the "source range" and mark the beginning and end frame as start and end encode points and see if tmpgenc will read all the frames, another thing to try is to not use the 2-pass encode method, it is widely regarded on this BBS and else were that the CQ encode method is as good and sometimes better than the 2-pass method with less than half the encode time,and you could try turning off the multi-threading and see if that is were the problem is, and lastly you could try makeing a new D2V file with dvd2avi, that has solved a few problems I have had with frame serving from dvd2avi, anyway just a couple things to try....good luck...

Scroll74  2002-07-31 15:53:00 ( ID:lhz5uz6tdga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the suggestions. I posted the same question on the divx.com forum and didn't get too much of a reply. But I did update the post with this:

Just as an update to this post. Here are a few other things that I have noticed:

After TMPGEnc has finished encoding the last frame the "Remaining Time" counter appears to be 50% completed. It then seems to begin decrementing by significantly larger chunks of time. Usually 11 or 13 seconds per second. This means the remaining time seems to tick out in about 27 minutes or less.

A reply to another post on the TMPGEnc forum said to try the following 2 things:

1) Turn off multi-thread support --Didn't have any affect...
2) Hard set the source range to the beginning frame and end frame. --No effect.

So here is my hypothesis:
TMPGEnc, like other encoders, seems to derive the "Remaining Time" from the average number of Frames Per Second achieved by the encoder. My guess is that somehow the 2 processors are making the encoder believe there is only half the fps goin' on, or the remaining time is a function of (total frames / fps) * # processors.

That's my story, and I am stickin' to it...for now...unless someone can help me out with this whole computer programming logic thing that I know nothing about.

Bug report - TE25 - Multiplexing audio and video No.25821
Marc  2002-07-30 23:05:21 ( ID:m8b9qxujdzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I've found something strange. I splitted an DivX movie into two parts by using TMPGenc. I used a seperate WAV audio source to be multiplexed with the video file. From first encoded MPEG file, the audio is in perfect sync, till the end (about 45 minutes). The second one is completely out of sync from the beginning. I tried to encode it several times and it still exists. Also when I make short test files at the middle of the movie, I have to adjust the audio delay which is not correct I think.

Some settings and properties:

- Encoding to PAL, SVCD
- Source 23,976 fps, VGA (640x480), DivX AVI v5.x
- Option "Do not framerate conversion"
- Wav audio file (timestreched to fit in a 25 fps movie,
multiplied the original by 0.95904)
- First part: frame 0 to 65150
- Secon part: frame 65100 to end

Thanks,

Marc

Minion  2002-07-31 01:14:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whith files that are out of sync the same amount the whole way through the file you can try to re-sync with a program like "mpeg2vcr" or "BBmpeg" cuz they have an option in there multiplexor to off set the audio to match up with the video, it is a bit of guess work though.....

Marc  2002-07-31 06:01:52 ( ID:m8b9qxujdzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

The first 45 minutes split is fully in sync. Why can't TMPGenc only make the first split perfectly in sync, the second part not?

The only way is to encode the full video and spilt it afterwards. This is a lot of work in my opinion.

I thought that the program was able to do multiplexing?

Thanks,

Marc

Minion  2002-07-31 22:00:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OOOhhh ,I see your sync problem happens after you cut the movie in half, this is easy to fix use a different mpeg editor, or better yet is to split the avi before encodeing cuz Mpeg files aren"t meant to be edited that is why there are so many problems with editing them, here is a link to a few mpeg editors I would sugest M2-edit pro ...http://www.apachez.net/ go to the Tools section...

Marc  2002-08-01 09:34:18 ( ID:7smvjxemuuh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed I loaded the AVI and audiofile in TMPGenc and then I want to split the movie in two MPEG SVCD files. The first part is perfectly in sync then.

Is the MPEG Tool in TMPGenc also a good option?

Thanks,

Marc

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.