Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 785 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 P3 package.dll error when trying to split file Drivnvws 3 2002-07-18 21:39:33
Question TE25 Audio problem Gerrit 2 2002-12-19 15:04:22
Question TE25 Sound goes halfway through a conversion gary_overton@blueyonder.co.uk 1 2002-07-23 03:24:00
Question TE25 MOV files? Markpjones 3 2002-07-20 09:51:04
Question TE25 VCD display problem on the DVD/VCD Player Casey 1 2002-07-18 07:49:57
Question TE25 Mark Markpjones 2 2002-07-18 07:46:21
Question TE25 JACKET Monster-0 2 2002-07-18 21:04:27
Question TE25 AMD. Vs . INTEL blackzero 2 2002-07-18 11:51:14
Question TE25 No sound newbieinny 2 2002-07-18 05:06:21
Free talk TE25 Clyde 0 2002-07-18 03:16:58
Question TE25 DivX 5.0 codec - how to extract sound? Bagatur 1 2002-07-18 00:59:10
Question TE25 SVCD mpg jerky geohei 10 2002-07-19 21:11:07

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 785 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - P3 package.dll error when trying to split file No.25059
Drivnvws  2002-07-18 10:39:50 ( ID:.stz9egjbkj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, When I try to split a file under 'Source Range' in TMPGEnc, I can enter the starting and ending frames I am wanting to encode, and in the bitrate section I am entering CD-R 80 minite(VCD/SVCD), then I specify the file name and OK to create a new file in that name, but when it goes to the transfer screen an error message comes up as 'Can't load "P3Package.dll"'. Please, does anyone know what I am doing wrong. Thanks, Emily

knish  2002-07-18 17:36:01 ( ID:dtqidf6wibh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try looking here --> http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm#problems

Red  2002-07-18 18:12:04 ( ID:tdideamlspj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem, and vcdhelp.com didn help me. I have the file, but I still get the message. Any other suggestiones?

Minion  2002-07-18 21:39:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try copy and pasteing the "p3p package.dll" into your system and system32 folders, this usually works ...

Question - TE25 - Audio problem No.25056
Gerrit  2002-07-18 10:36:32 ( ID:f7upkllovtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently I have recorded some live piano music with my camcorder. Then I noticed that after encoding with TmpgEnc the sound was very thin and distorted (as if it is too loud). The problem is only in the mpg-file as the sound of the AVI-file is good. I followed the advice on this board and used SCMPX and TOOLAME as external encoders in TmpgEnc. But TOOLAME gave no improvement and SCMPX resulted in a sort of beeps and no clear sound. I reduced the audio volume via normalizing to 50% but no improvement. I left the sample rate at 48 kHz (instead of 44 kHz), only a very small improvement. I tried 128 and 224 kbps: no difference.

What have I done wrong? Do you need to setup these external encoders with some input data and how do you do that? Is it necessary to split up the video and audio first?

Len Bates  2002-12-18 02:05:04 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having the same trouble with piano. Very nice recording until I go through TMPG to VCD. Noticable ringing/buzzing in the audio after encoding. Same experimenting with normalizing, etc. Also tried drastically reducing the level of the audio before going into TMPG: no improvement. I don't know what to do.

Len Bates  2002-12-19 15:04:22 ( ID:6nwvmnpmjql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Follow-up. I found the solution for my problem: I needed to switch my input audio sample rate to 44.1K which is the sample rate of the VCD format, rather than 48K which was the default for my other software. Sounds OK now.

Question - TE25 - Sound goes halfway through a conversion No.25054
gary_overton@blueyonder.co.uk  2002-07-18 09:06:04 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone help, when I split a file and output it to MPG, it plays perfectly wll until about halfway through the file, then the sound goes off? Is this a usual problem? My PC has a Pentium III processor running at 800Mhz with 256 Mb of RAM.

darky  Home )  2002-07-23 03:24:00 ( ID:r/kcvlyno2r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have an identical problem, please let me know how you fixed it?!
i have a P3 800 mhz fast all around.

I got a SVCD and tried editing it and when i cut it and listen to the output file, the movie plays fine but the last 10 mins or less the audio cuts out

How to fix this problem??

Darky

Question - TE25 - MOV files? No.25050
Markpjones  2002-07-18 07:52:25 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone successfully converted mov files to mpeg with tmpg? There is a plugin on the web, but I couldn't get it to work--something about module error.

Minion  2002-07-18 21:37:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try re-downloading and installing the plugin cuz the plugin does work once it is installed...

Markpjones  2002-07-19 14:48:35 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will do!

Demon Knight  2002-07-20 09:51:04 ( ID:wgsa2zr.rbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find this plugin, 'cause I'm looking for it myself, and the link off digital digest is broken.

TIA!

Question - TE25 - VCD display problem on the DVD/VCD Player No.25048
Casey  2002-07-18 07:44:06 ( ID:nmqdyrajeaa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used the DVD2SVCD and TMPGEnc programs to convert file to VCD. When I play the newly created VCD (using Nero software) on my player, the screen seem to shrink from right to left (about 1/3 to half). What have gone wrong? How to rectify this problem?

Markpjones  2002-07-18 07:49:57 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never used dvd2svcd. However, I had some problems burning vcd's with Nero a while back. Since then, I have been using vcdeasy, which I personally think is the best program for burning vcds or creating vcd images. It's a free program too. Get it here: www.vcdeasy.org. TMPG files work fine in it. Hope that helps.

Question - TE25 - Mark No.25045
Markpjones  2002-07-18 06:36:15 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I make my own custom templates. I have a dvd player that will not play minidvd's. It thinks it's a "vcd," and then it goes to a bluescreen. I've found the problem--the audio. I need to create a dvd template that does not use sound greater than 324. I can open mcf templates in worpad, however I cannot save them in the mcf format. What program allows me to edit mcf files?

Minion  2002-07-18 07:21:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If You just want to make a template so you don"t have to keep doing all the settings every single time you load a file in well that is easy you first load the "unlock.mcf" template, then adjust the settings to the settings you want the template to have then click the "Save" button in the bottom right corner, then you just name the template and save it and thats it......

Markpjones  2002-07-18 07:46:21 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info. Problem solved. You're a life saver, Minion!

Question - TE25 - JACKET No.25042
Monster-0  2002-07-18 05:20:29 ( ID:vc2akjzvs/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone succesfully made MPEGs for the JACKET_P folder. I know the size specs but it ain't happening.Must be doing something wrong.

Minion  2002-07-18 07:39:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well what"s the problem??You got to make 3 files one 720 by 480 one 176 by 112 and one 96 by 64,Then put them in the Jacket-P Folder,What kind of files are you encodeing?What"s not working?I don"t know much about dvd-rom but Tmpgenc shouldn"t have a problem encodeing to those resolutions..

Monster-0  2002-07-18 21:04:27 ( ID:vc2akjzvs/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encoded one it was a garbled mess. Should I encode using CBR?

Question - TE25 - AMD. Vs . INTEL No.25039
blackzero  2002-07-18 03:32:20 ( ID:s3ua3ousdxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

everybody say that amd is good in games blabla and intel is good for ripping ectect im here now to ask you professionals what is faster a amd or a intel for people that convert movies ......

Minion  2002-07-18 04:15:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think for encodeing with Tmpgenc that a Pentium is a bit faster than an AMD because tmpgenc is optimized for Pentium processors with MMX,SSE and SSE-2 but then again AMD"s are optimized with SSE and 3D-Now which is supported in tmpgenc,So I think that any advantage either way is negligable accept that more programs are optimized for Pentium"s than AMD"s like dvd2avi which is optimized for MMX like a lot of programs are, but if you want to get the most performance for less money than maybe check into a Intel Celeron they can be up to half the price as Pentiums with compareable speeds and they have the same MMX,SSE and SSE-2 optimizations..You can download Benchmark programs that tell you how certain processors stack up against each other in many different catagories and you can see how the processor in your computer compares to other proscessors...

newbieinny  2002-07-18 11:51:14 ( ID:frlsjqkbb62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, with tmpgenc, there is a preview option while you're merging the wav and the avi to mpeg. My problem was that there was no sound in the preview, however, I burned onto a CD and played it in the dvd player and all was fine, there was video and sound. I guess I was just impatient. Thank you.

Question - TE25 - No sound No.25036
newbieinny  2002-07-18 03:17:17 ( ID:frlsjqkbb62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm completely new to trying to convert .avi to mpegs. The first time was a total waste of time. The second time I downloaded a whole slew of things and installed what I was instructed to on the guide....

I transformed part of the .avi to .wav format as was instructed and I played it...it worked. The video works too, however, when I use the preview option, the film plays and there is no sound. What do I do? Where did I go wrong? There have been no errors that popped up.

Thanks,

NewbieInNY

Minion  2002-07-18 03:54:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by "when I use the preview option, the film plays and there is no sound." what preview option are you talking about?The only preview option I know of in tmpgenc is while you are encodeing and it doesn"t play audio while in the tmpgenc preview window while encodeing,But if you mean that you are just playing your mpeg file after you have finnished encodeing it and it has no audio then the problem could be from a few things but not knowing what steps you went through to make the mpeg so I couldn"t tell you what you did wrong but I can tell you how to fix the audio in the file, what you can do is first take the wav file that you said you made earlier and first listen to it and make sure there is audio in the file, then load the wav file into tmpgenc and leave the video blank, the make sure the "audio only" is checked in the stream settings then do your audio settings make sure the audio is 41.000hz then encode it , now you have to go to the "mpeg tools" to the "simple de-multiplex" and load your mpeg file into it and then click "run" it will split your mpeg file into the video and audio you can get rid of the audio from that file cuz it is blank, now go to "simple multiplex" and load the mpeg video file in and the mpeg audio file you made from the wav then choose the right setting from the drop down menu (mpeg1/vcd,mpeg2/svcd ect) choose your output file and click "run" now you will have a mpeg file with audio and video...Give it a try it works I just had to do it with 3 files I encoded last night....

jtwitkow  2002-07-18 05:06:21 ( ID:o0mrwjizhdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know what you're talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean when you click "File > Preview...", you don't hear any audio, right? Well I think it's ok, because I don't hear any either, and neither does a friend of mine who uses TMPGenc. So I think you're ok!

Free talk - TE25 - No.25035
Clyde  2002-07-18 03:16:58 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One thing I shall try is to REBOOT after running WinDVD to see if the display card is reset. I gather from your comments that the display card is switched to overlay mode and TMPGEnc needs non overlay mode.

I'll report back.

I wonder also whether the make of the display card is involved with other manufacturer cards not affected.

Question - TE25 - DivX 5.0 codec - how to extract sound? No.25033
Bagatur  2002-07-17 23:12:19 ( ID:2cjarkgbnqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a movie which seems to be encoded by DivX 5 codec :((
how can i convert it to svcd?
tmpgenc wont do it saying something about error starting up some module(
something related to ac3 sound), and virtual dub wont open it at all
saying it's unsuported format :(
any ideas what i could do?

Minion  2002-07-18 00:59:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is that the audio is "AC3" and tmpgenc doesn"t encode ac3, what you need to do is either extract the audio to a wav file with an "ac3 decoder" or supposedly you can install ac3 filters to make tmpgenc read ac3 audio but I installed them and can"t get it to work, but you can download the "ac3 decoder" here http://www.mediatwins.com/products/1707-6.htm

Question - TE25 - SVCD mpg jerky No.25022
geohei  2002-07-17 22:00:32 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

When I use TMPGEnc to encode a DivX (23.978) into a PAL SVCD mpg file, the movie gets jerky. The stops are very light and occur only every #1 second.

Must I use VirtualDub to do a framerate conversion first? I believe that TMPGEnc is able to cope with the video framerate conversion by itself, doesn't it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

ASHY  2002-07-17 22:17:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you are correct you are at some point going to have to use virtualdub to do the conversion as TMPG doesn't do proper framerate conversion.
There are a few recent posts regarding this explaining exactly how to achieve this.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-17 23:06:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look at this post.
Question - 20 fps avi conversion No.24813

ASHY

geohei  2002-07-18 08:03:17 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thansk very much ASHY.

However the "AVI Frame Rate Changer" doesn't work for me since my source framerate is 23.978, which is non-standard. The readme also says not to use the program under such circumstances since it might ruin the source AVI.

What is an alternative way to change the framerate?

TIA

ASHY  2002-07-18 21:44:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean it doesn't work?
Your framerate is not weird, it is just slightly, very slightly different from the norm and a lot of AVI framerates are like this. Don't worry it won't ruin your file so just go ahead change the framerate. If you are worried just make a copy of the original, but I assure you there will be no problem.

ASHY

geohei  2002-07-18 23:31:16 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. "AVI Frame Rate Changer" works. It didn't read the AVI in my case initially because the file itself was still in use by VirtualDub (locked by filesystem). Sine "AVI Frame Rate Changer" did not show a warning message, I thought that the AVI file itself was somehow not accepted. But now, I changed the rate successfully to 25.000.

2. When I change the frame rate, the movie plays faster since no frames are added, doesn't it?
TIA

geohei  2002-07-19 06:05:25 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. "AVI Frame Rate Changer" works. It didn't read the AVI in my case initially because the file itself was still in use by VirtualDub (locked by filesystem). Sine "AVI Frame Rate Changer" did not show a warning message, I thought that the AVI file itself was somehow not accepted. But now, I changed the rate successfully to 25.000.

2. When I change the frame rate, the movie plays faster since no frames are added, doesn't it?
TIA

geohei  2002-07-19 07:03:52 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TIA

ASHY  2002-07-19 17:25:09 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correct, it will play 1 frame faster per second. This is negligable and you won't notice the speed up and is the same way 23.976 DVD's are converted to PAL.

ASHY

geohei  2002-07-19 20:25:19 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there no alternative way to change the framerate? I believe VirtualDub is calculating the missing frames by itself. Hence, the duration and speed of the movie doesn't change.

I tried the conversion of the first 5000 frames (there are 146000 in total), and ended up in a huge avi file. I used "Uncompressed RGB". I don't know which compressor I should use to reduce the size of this file. I don't want a lossy copmpressor since the source is already lossy (DivX) and the final SVCD mpg as well. If I select a lossy compressor for exporting from VirtualDub, I degrade the movie further (unnecessarily).

Which compressor isn't lossy (if there is any)?

TIA

ASHY  2002-07-19 21:11:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know what you mean by Virtualdub is compensating for the missing frames by itself. Virtualdub does not do this.
You seem to be doing things wrong.

The ONLY reason you need to load the AVI into Virtualdub is to extract the audio to a wav BEFORE changing the framerate of the AVI and then find out what the length of the movie is after changing the framerate to the one you want as this is required to adjust the audio.

You are NOT going to use Virtualdub to create another AVI. You should be using your original AVI and then changing the framerate of that with AVI framerate changer and then load the AVI into TMPG with your NEW audio and then encode.

This is what you need to do.
Load the unchanged AVI into Virtualdub and extract the audio to a wav.

Next close Virtualdub and then load your AVI into AVI framerate changer and change the framerate. Once you have changed the framerate then load the AVI into Virtualdub again and note the timescale and convert it to seconds. This will give you the new length of the movie which you can use for the audio in cool edit.
Then just follow the rest of the instructions for the conversion. This way you DO NOT need to re-compress the AVI which will preserve the quality.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.