Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 786 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How do I burn the new VCD file to the CD? Raheem 1 2002-07-17 22:18:51
Bug report TE25 Floating point Msquared 4 2002-07-20 06:41:44
Question TE25 need help on settings for tmpgenc gabdolca 2 2002-07-18 04:07:22
Question TE25 Large numbers of reading errors philstat 1 2002-07-17 19:52:24
Question TE25 sync audio and video "please help" mrbiggame 1 2002-07-17 22:33:39
Question TE25 SVCD HELP :) blackzero 4 2002-07-17 20:41:19
Question TE25 Encoding image sequences? dan 1 2002-07-17 10:40:54
Question TE25 Copied files Chuckles 2 2002-07-18 12:29:37
Question TE25 Converting PAL to NTSC hucker 4 2002-07-17 22:56:44
Question TE25 MPEG Problems Lanile 1 2002-07-17 10:19:32
Question TE25 No Video or Audio jtwitkow 6 2002-07-18 04:43:21
Question TE25 Best settings for MPEG-1 VCD for DVD player playback learylike 1 2002-07-17 05:22:48

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 786 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How do I burn the new VCD file to the CD? No.25020
Raheem  2002-07-17 21:49:27 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I encode the AVI file to MPEG1 NTSC with TMPGEnc, how do I burn the new file to the cd? I tried to burn it with click-n-burn but my DVD player(apex 1200) would not recognize the disk.

ASHY  2002-07-17 22:18:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download NERO fron www.nero.com and use the VCD burning option.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Floating point No.25015
Msquared  2002-07-17 21:47:10 ( ID:.5.s4iefp9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have any of you guys ever come across an error labled "illegal floating point calculation" ??? I've got it a couple of times, and it's starting to annoy me.
Does anyone know how to get around it ?

-M

Minion  2002-07-17 22:17:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You get the floating point error when your avi file is corrupted or has corrupted sectors in it, there is a way to get rid of the error but it will make encodeing take quite a bit longer, what you do is first go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "cpu" and un-check the "SSE" box then go to "settings" to "quantize matrix" and un-check the "use floating piont DCT" box
this will stop the error from occuring but like I said the encodeing will take longer.You can also get this error if you do anything with your computer while encodeing accept encode......

Msquared  2002-07-18 11:44:32 ( ID:.5.s4iefp9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ! I'll try that

Will there be any quality issues where the avi file was corrupted, such as missing frames, or sync problems between audio & video ?
As you can probably tell I'm a newbie ;)
-M

bewley  2002-07-18 18:08:41 ( ID:uvklyfxpbhm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep reading that the floating point error is caused by corrupted AVI's, but I have found that is not always the case. I have an AVI that I can encode perfectly in version 2.54, but it consistently errors (floating point or read error) in version 2.56.

I have done everything I can think of to resolve the issues in 2.56 -- reinstall TMPGEnc, turn off 3D Now/SSE, remove all loading programs on boot, diddle with cache setting, lower my memory speed, turn off all power saving features... Nothing works and I still get one of the two errors. The AVI also encodes fine with other encoding software. Only TMPGEnc has a problem with it.

Msquared, one thing to check is where the errors appear. If it always happens at the same location, then I would think corrupted AVI... However, if the error appears to be random, then I would consider looking for a lower version of the software and giving that a try.

christo  2002-07-20 06:41:44 ( ID:1i/1w42gpbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, I am also getting floating point error, but I have none of the above set. Any thoughts?

Question - TE25 - need help on settings for tmpgenc No.25012
gabdolca  2002-07-17 19:55:12 ( ID:uoae5q0ipwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi - can someone tell me the preferred settings i should use for the software? i am converting from wmv file (which is at 130 kb/sec) to mpeg (NTSC option). thanks. also, how long will it take for me to convert a 1 hour 30 minute wmv file with a 866 mhz processor? thanks.

Minion  2002-07-17 22:12:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way to really find out what you want to know is to try it cuz every file is different so the settings can change for each file you encode but start with useing a standard template and see how it works and go from there but i warn you that "tmpgenc" doesn"t fully support wmv files so you might have some problems encodeing them to mpeg but give it a try....

Tshechu Dorji Wong  2002-07-18 04:07:22 ( ID:ekyg0vjc4nj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone have idea on how to make Mpeg file from the FCP Timeline? I have tried many times to make this file for burning to VCD. I was able to make but the video gets freezed. Please your comments are very much appreciated. I am also using Media Cleaner E5 for Compressing.
Tshechu Dorji Wong
Systimax Audio-visual
Thimphu:Bhutan
ASIA

Question - TE25 - Large numbers of reading errors No.25010
philstat  2002-07-17 19:43:26 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone,
I am getting a frequent number of reading errors when converting vob files to mpeg. This in turn stops the mpeg file at whatever size it was before the read error. It gets to be a laborious process to go back and fire up TPEGEnc, redo all the settings, find the area the encoding stopped and start again with another mpeg file; only to have it happen again 1 hr later.
With my first completed cvd it took days (literally) to keep restarting and resetting. not to mention that I had over 9 separate mgeg files of various sizes instead of the two that it should have taken.
The only settings I changed in the program were aspect ratio, motion sensor to high, volume increase, and noise reduction with high quality mode.
From a hardware standpoint, I have no problems. It also took about 36 hours to conrt from vob to mpeg. Seems really long. I would like to purchase the Plus version of this program, but untill I can solve this problem, It seems a waste of money.

Are there any settings in the program that I might experiment with to stop the errors?

Thanks,
phil

ASHY  2002-07-17 19:52:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the first thing you should is stop converting VOBs to MPEG with TMPG, assuming this is what you are doing.
It is better and more reliable to use DVD2AVI to frame serve your VOBs to TMPG.
This may solve most of your problems and is usually the fastest way to do it and should take you a lot less than 36 hours.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - sync audio and video "please help" No.25008
mrbiggame  2002-07-17 16:00:30 ( ID:9pauohb08xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

someone please help!!! after I finish running DVD2AVI my audio file is labeled as AC3 T01 3 2ch 448Kbps Delay 0ms.a3 , Why do my files audio have the word "delay" in them. It's causing my movie to play like and old kong fu flick, after I run TMPGEnc. I did two movies before this one and didn't have this problem please someone help!!!!!

Minion  2002-07-17 22:33:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that you are extracting the audio in ac3 format instead of "wav" format, when you extract the audio to a compressed format you will get the amount of delay in the file name.Try extracting the audio to wav format then you shouldn"t get a sync problem and don"t watch your mpeg files in media player cuz it has a habbit of playing mpeg files out of sync, to set up dvd2avi to extract the wav file you go to audio and choose "decode to wav" and under "dolby digital decode" choose "dolby surround downmix" (this is with the 1.77.3 version) now your audio file will ba a wav file with out the sync problems....

Question - TE25 - SVCD HELP :) No.25003
blackzero  2002-07-17 10:56:47 ( ID:s3ua3ousdxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello everybody,

1#question

i have a question right now i have got a AMD ATHLON 1000MHZ whit about 300 ram and its very slow to make a svcd i need about 12 hours for a 90min movie thats to much time and i dont have time i wanna buy a new motherboard and a new cpu maybe you guys can tell me what i should buy because i dont know whats bether intel or amd thanks

2#question

well i have a dvb reciever and i can record the movies whit very good quality
and the output i get is a MPEG2 and 1min is about 22mb what i wanna do is i wanna convert the file to 14mb to make a 90min movie on 2cds but i dont know what the best settings are to keep the good qualli maybe somebody can help me please thanks again :)

Griff  2002-07-17 12:23:27 ( ID:.pd6nyh14ah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In answer to queston 2:

I've also got a DVB card, and the mpeg2's this card produces are indeed pretty jaw dropping. I use TMPGenc to back up the mpegs to DVD. It's a shame you want to down convert to mpeg1, you're throwing away 75% of the resolution, still..

Fistly open up the mpeg2 in DVD2AVI, go with the audio defaults. Using the slider at the bottom of the preview window grab approximately the first half of the movie and save the project. You will end up with two files: one with extension .d2v and one with extension .mpa. Forget the .mpa for now.

Repeate for the second half of the movie.

Open up TMPGEnc go to the main menu, select "stream type video only" and select the first .d2v file. Next, click on "load" and in the extras folder open up the VCD template for your region (PAL or NTSC). If you want, play around with the encoding options (to be honest VCD looks crap, compared to off-air or DVD, on a conventional TV so I'd go with the defaults).

Don't be tempted to load up the audio file. TMPGEnc's got a bug which causes these mpa's to skip; you'll multiplex the sound file with the video later on.

After you've fineshed encoding you'll have an m2v file. In TEMPGEnc go to "MPEG tools" and "simple multiplex". Select "Mpeg 1 Video CD (or Mpeg 1 video CD [non-standard] if you modified any of the VCD options) and load up the video and audio files.

Multiplex and burn to CD.

Repeat for second d2v and mpa files.

Griff

blackzero  2002-07-17 17:33:33 ( ID:s3ua3ousdxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thx Griff

but i dont wanna make VCDs i wanna make SVCDS and i wanna know what the best settings are to convert a mpeg2 file to a mpeg2 file hehe like i said 1min is 22mb and thats to much thats about 4 cds and i dont wanna have a movie on 4 or 3 cds i wanna have it on 2 maybe you can help me now please

blackzero  2002-07-17 17:34:09 ( ID:s3ua3ousdxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

or please tell me the best way to convert it to divx :)))) thx

Griff  2002-07-17 20:41:19 ( ID:weqq6oiuelr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In that case instead of loading up the VCD template, load up the SVCD template in TEMPGEnc.

Whatever quality settings you choose, you'll be hard pressed to get an entire movie on just 2 cds at SVCD quality.

If you want to go down the DivX route, dowload whatever flavour of DivX 5 you want, there are three to choose from, install the codec and use either Virtual Dub or Nandub to convert the files.

Griff

Question - TE25 - Encoding image sequences? No.25001
dan  2002-07-17 09:56:00 ( ID:kl5vkdhryda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode imagesequences, like 3d packeges produce?
If yes, then i was unable to find that option yet.

Thx in advance
-dan

Minion  2002-07-17 10:40:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can encode image sequences that are in "bmp,jpg,tiff"and a couple other formats, what you do is first you have to make sure the "bmp,jpg,tiff,ect" file reader in the "vfapi plugins" priority is raised to about "1", then get all your immages in the same folder and mane them sequentially, meaning name them something like image#001.bmp then image#002.bmp and image#003.bmp and so on till you got all your images named in the order you want them encoded then you just load the first image "image#001.bmp" then all the other images will be loaded with it, then you just do your settings and encode....

Question - TE25 - Copied files No.24998
Chuckles  2002-07-17 08:19:16 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two PC's one with a DVD installed the other with a CD Burner.
I use CladDVD on the DVD pc to rip the files and then I copy them to the pc with the burner.
Using TMPGEnc on the pc with the DVD to create an mpg file is fine , but when I copy the ripped DVD files to the burner pc and run TMPEnc the files are not recognised , in particular the video source file file.d2v, the error I get is ,
"Cannot open or not supported"..
The burner pc is XP, the dvd pc is Win 2000 ..

Any ideas on what is misisng on the burner pc?

TIA

Minion  2002-07-17 10:32:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you don"t use dvd2avi to make your d2v project files untill you have transfered the vob files to the encodeing computer, and once you have made the "d2v" files don"t move any of the vob files or d2v files or change any of the the files names, and make sure you have the "dvd2avi file reader" installed in your "vfapi plugins" in tmpgenc....and if you cant get these d2v files loaded try makeing new ones...

Chuckels  2002-07-18 12:29:37 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help .. re-creating the d2v file on the burner pc with dvd2avi fixed the problem..

Question - TE25 - Converting PAL to NTSC No.24993
hucker  2002-07-17 06:32:21 ( ID:mgvqu5sp8pn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a PAL MPEG to NTSC. I had the PAL MPEG set up as both the video source and audio source using the NTSC MPEG 1 System filter. When I play the resulting NTSC movie, I get audio for like the first third of the movie, no audio for the second third of the movie, and audio again for the last third of the movie, without any sync errors. Is there some setting that I am missing?

Minion  2002-07-17 10:26:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It"s probably because tmpgenc doesn"t like encodeing compressed audio like when you are encodeing mpa to mpa, try de-multiplexing the "pal mpeg" and use the audio from it to multiplex with the ntsc mpeg video,doing pal to ntsc conversions this way can cause chopy playback on your dvd player.....

hucker  2002-07-17 18:53:38 ( ID:mgvqu5sp8pn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried de-multiplexing the pal mpeg, and I only got 42:05 minutes of audio, not the whole 2 hours and change. Is there a way to fix this, or is there some problem?

>It"s probably because tmpgenc doesn"t like encodeing compressed audio like when you are encodeing mpa to mpa, try de-multiplexing the "pal mpeg" and use the audio from it to multiplex with the ntsc mpeg video,doing pal to ntsc conversions this way can cause chopy playback on your dvd player.....

Minion  2002-07-17 21:57:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try useing a different de-muxer cuz the mpeg tools have quite a few bugs in them, there is a free one called "xmuxer" you can download it here http://moonlight.co.il/products/Xmux.shtml

ASHY  2002-07-17 22:56:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had this same problem not so long ago. It is probaly a fault with the audio in your MPEG. Save your self some messing about and don't bother using any other demuxer/muxer to demux the sudio and then remux it as you will most likely still get some sort of error with the file.

The best way I found when this happens is to use MPEG2VCR to demux the file or any other which will work except TMPG then create a wav from this file using Dbpoweramp or something and then use this as your audio source when you re-encode or if you have already encoded the movie you can just encode the audio only and then mux the result with your movie.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - MPEG Problems No.24991
Lanile  2002-07-17 05:37:25 ( ID:vl/9zz2dsvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I've downloaded PowerVCR 2 to use with my pinnacle PCTV Pro, and everytime I capture a mpeg, parts of it freezes my system. When I try to repair it with TMPGEnc, it says that 3 s packets buffer underun error MPEG may not play back properly. I was wondering if anyone had experience with power vcr could help, or have any suggestions about how to repair these mpgs.
Thanks,
Zach

Minion  2002-07-17 10:19:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you should maybe do if you are haveing problems captureing to mpeg try captureing to an avi format it isn"t as computer intencive and captureing to mpeg, then encode the avi file with tmpgenc this would be better to because it is easier to edit avi files ,so you could edit your avi format captures and then encode them to mpeg with tmpgenc you would also have much better controll over the encodeing process with better quality.....

Question - TE25 - No Video or Audio No.24984
jtwitkow  2002-07-17 05:13:20 ( ID:o0mrwjizhdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried using TMPGEnc to take an .avi and transfer it to MPEG2. It completes the process but when I try to view it, I see nothing and hear nothing, but it seems like its playing. I tried viewing it in Windows Media Player. I'm running WinXP Pro. I'm thinking this is some codec problem. However, I did notice that the preview window in the TMPGEnc program also doesn't show any video or audio. So what gives.

The original file is an AVI 720x480.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Minion  2002-07-17 05:30:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I don"t think you can watch mpeg2 files in media player unless you have a mpeg2 codec for media player and media player suchs for mpeg anyway try useing a dvdplaying software like power dvd, but if you didn"t see you movie in the tmpgenc view screen while encodeing then the mpeg2 file has no picture, first you should try raiseing the "direct show file reader" you do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2" and lower everything else to "0",and if the audio didn"t come out you have to check the audio format of your avi file and probably have to extract the audio from your avi file to a wav file with "virtual dub" cuz tmpgenc only supports certain audio formats and doesn"t like compressed audio at all, pluss you have to make sure you have all the proper codecs installed on your machine to decode the avi file....

jtwitkow  2002-07-17 20:03:28 ( ID:o0mrwjizhdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info. Where would you suggest is the best site to aquire the necessary codecs?

Minion  2002-07-17 22:39:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess that depends on what format of avi you are encodeing but a good all around codec pack is the "Nimo codec pack" you can get it here http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/ just don"t install the "G400 filter" unless you have the "g400 graphic card"...

jtwitkow  2002-07-18 01:23:02 ( ID:o0mrwjizhdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot! Your tips about raising the "direct show file reader" to 2 and everthing else to 0 worked. I've got video now, but still no sound. I'll have to bring in the sound separately, which should work. Thanks for the link to the codec site as well.

One more question, do you know if TMPGenc supports wide screen 16:9. The avi was created with Premier as a wide screen movie (it was filmed 16:9), then exported as an .avi (dv avi, not microsoft avi). When I brought it into DVDit, it opens correctly in 16:9 format with the black frame on top and bottom. However DVDit won't burn it to DVD in 16:9 unless the original source file is MPEG2, so that's why I'm using TMPGenc. However, when I open the .avi in TMPGenc, it's not in 16:9 format. It stretches out the movie to cover the whole 720x480 space, eliminating the top and bottom black frame.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about digital video, so I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on this problem. If not, no big deal, and thanks for your help with the other stuff!

Minion  2002-07-18 02:38:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can change the output aspect ratio to "16:9" but if you play it on a regular TV(4:3) the sides might be cut off, but if you choose the "full screen (keep aspect ratio)" in the "video arange method" the movie should look like the source file keeping the widescreen perspective while displaying it on your 4:3 TV correctly....

jtwitkow  2002-07-18 04:43:21 ( ID:o0mrwjizhdl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks again! It worked too. If you'll be so kind as to answer another question, I'd appreciate it.

After making the mpeg2 file, it seems to be only displaying every other frame (there are lines throughout the image, and as I understand it, raw DV frames only capture every other line per frame.) The mpeg2 file looks poor because of this every other frame issue. Is there a way to improve the output, or is this how the mpeg2 compression reduces the file size?

Also, I can hear the audio from the source .avi when I go to the "audio" tab under "mpeg settings", and click the "setting" button under audio edit. It plays fine in here, but just doesn't play in the final mpeg2 file. I tried it in PowerDVD, but only video and no audio still. I must just be missing something.

Question - TE25 - Best settings for MPEG-1 VCD for DVD player playback No.24982
learylike  2002-07-17 03:58:02 ( ID:39nhxzxsmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I am sure that this question has been asked before but I haven't been able to locate a well documented answer so I figured I would try here. I have been trying to create a very good quality VCD from .AVI for playback on my stand alone DVD player. I have tried to determine the correct filters to reproduce the quality found in the AVI file but once I have burned my videos to CD they still come out either blurry or blocky (if that is even a word). It looks fine on the PC but when played through the DVD player they lose their sharp picture. THerefore I was wondering if there is a place to describe in detail the purpose of the filters and which settings would provide the best possible output for viewing on a stand alone DVD (USA by the way so I assume NTSC). Any help or document would be much appreciated on the best possible filter settings for this purpose. Also does the size of the TV screen affect the picture quality as well? Thanks in advance

Minion  2002-07-17 05:22:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best way to get rid of the blockyness or "macro blocks" is to raise the bitrate, the standard bitrate for vcd"s(1150kbs) isn"t nearly high enough to give an optimal picture quality, to raise the bitrate you will have to first load the "unlock.mcf" Template in the "Extra" folder.Raiseing the bitrate will increase the file size but you can get about 60 minutes of pretty good quality on a cd-r with tha bitrate of 1650kbs and useing the "CQ" encodeing method will allow you to increase the bitrate and still have a small file size, most of the filters won"t help with getting rid of macro blocks but they will make the encodeing take much longer....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.