Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 819 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc => Pinnacle Impressions (Help!) HBillyRufus 2 2002-06-22 18:31:23
Question TE25 TMPGenc 2.55 hai 3 2002-06-22 16:52:10
Question TE25 tmpgenc audio bug? marco 3 2002-06-22 11:03:41
Question TE25 avi to svcd poor quality and no sound wolfgang 2 2002-06-22 18:14:44
Question TE25 again batch encoding peerke02 2 2002-06-21 20:06:50
Question TE25 please hong wonhyuk 1 2002-06-21 18:36:31
Question TE25 How to load sequential avi stream for encoding SVCDFan 4 2002-06-21 20:36:22
Question TE25 Newbie ? on converting AVI to MPEG-1 MonkeyMynd 1 2002-06-21 09:48:03
Question TE25 Pinnacle Studio 7 to SVCD or VCD Blackmur 1 2002-06-21 01:52:10
Question TE25 Scan line out of range Bru 0 2002-06-20 22:27:57
Question TE25 Add Subtitle JaMirSe Inc. 1 2002-06-21 20:06:24
Question TE25 Divx with no sound sjhc 3 2002-06-25 02:42:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 819 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc => Pinnacle Impressions (Help!) No.23684
HBillyRufus  2002-06-21 15:57:01 ( ID:pzxmm6k1pea )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Need some advice on getting Pinnacle Impressions to work with files created out of TMPGEnc.

I just installed Pinnacle Impressions on my new 1.8 Ghz P4 Windows XP computer, but it won't accept any of the files created from TMPGEnc. I have successfully created NTSC 720x480 29.97-fps AVI files from captured video using VirtualDub, created AC3 files using SoftEncode, and created various MPEG files using TMPGEnc (video & audio, video only, CBR, VBR), and all of these files are played just fine by my software players, but Pinnacle Impressions either won't open them at all, or it opens them and says they have a length of zero and won't do anything with them.

I tried changing the file extensions because Impressions says it accepts MPEG-2 video files with .MPV and .MP2 extensions, and TMPGEnc creates its video files with .MPG or .M2V, and audio-only as .MP2. But none of this has made any difference.

The only file I can get Impressions to work with is a .WAV file. So far, I am not impressed (arg-arg-arg).

Hataian  2002-06-22 18:29:27 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you import audio and video as a program stream(multiplexed)
or each one seperately?Try doing it the other way.
Check again the parameters you used encoding for them and compare
them to what the help file of Pinnacle Impressions says.

Hataian  2002-06-22 18:31:23 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I heard somewhere that the MP2-sound-format is only supported by PAL
but not by NTSC DVDs.Maybe that is the reason for your error.
If you want to create an NTSC DVD,I think you can only use WAV instead of
MP2.

Question - TE25 - TMPGenc 2.55 No.23680
hai  2002-06-21 14:56:47 ( ID:nd.j2cfpt6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I download the TMPGenc 2.55, but it seens like not to unzip,what give?

XXR  2002-06-21 15:02:57 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it is zip file for sure, I was able to unzip it.

hai  2002-06-21 20:03:11 ( ID:nd.j2cfpt6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't unzip it, no matter under win98, or xp. Is the file name is TMPGEnc-2.55.38.142-free.zip? Can you email me & attached the file? Thanks.
My mail address is: haitang@ca.slr.com

ASHY  2002-06-22 16:52:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download again the file is corrupt.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc audio bug? No.23676
marco  2002-06-21 13:23:55 ( ID:v0fendhchoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear tmpgenc users,
I've got a weird problem with tmpgenc; with some avi files after 2.03 minutes the audio stops... and goes on after approx. 25 minutes exactly where it stopped (a 'lag' of 23 minutes). Obviously the encoded MPEG does have the same problem.
I noticed that Tmpgenc does not recognise the audio in the not-yet-encoded source-AVI file while it is certainly there according to other avi players. (You can see this before encoding in the audio bar of the advanced/source range setting.)
So, it has nothing to do with the encoding process, it has something to do with loading/reading the source avi file by tmpgenc!
Sometimes it does recognise the complete audiostream, but most of the time it won't.

Does anybody recognise this? What am I doing wrong?
Is it maybe Windows XP setting or buffer or other programs which have been installed (ulead mediastudio 6 has been installed for a while) or the used picvideo codec?

Best regards,
Marco

PS also other Tmpgenc versions (also 12) have this problem on my PC

marco  2002-06-21 13:34:32 ( ID:v0fendhchoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe also worth to mention:
All avi's have been cut to smaller sizes with virtualdub direct stream copy.
The size is then not recognised correctly by tmpgenc (the size of the original avi is given), the correct size of the cutted avi file is recognised only after using the source range setting start frame/end frame.

Maybe it has something to do with the virtualdub cutting tool?

Minion  2002-06-22 04:16:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that "virtua dub" is not writeing the header information to your edited avi files but it seems that you have found a way around that problem by useing the source range .As to your audio problems I think the reason that your audio is not showing up is because virtua dub hasn"t writen the header information for the audio track in your avi file either, the way to get around that is to extract the audio from your avi files to seperate wav files and load them in for the audio source this should fix your problem and it might give you better audio quality to....

marco  2002-06-22 11:03:41 ( ID:ga5u0bnxddk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks minion, I think you are right, maybe other avi players/editors are less critical to the avi header information written by virtualdub than tmpgenc.
Also these 'other' avi editors (such as ulead) are certainly less critical regarding the produced quality, for that tmpgenc really "rules big time"

Question - TE25 - avi to svcd poor quality and no sound No.23673
wolfgang  2002-06-21 12:43:04 ( ID:qyhcu5nlurf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I use studio7 from pinnacle for videoediting and creating a avi-file. when I convert this avi-file to a vcd-format then the video and audio-quality is good. When I convert the avi-file to a svcd-format then the video-quality is poor (more bad than vcd) and the audio is missing. What could be the reason and what can I do?

Thank you

Minion  2002-06-21 20:07:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if this is your problem but when encodeing to svcd as opposed to vcd the bitrate you have to use is at least double that you would use for vcd this is because svcd has a higher resolution so therefore you have to use a much higher bitrate to achive simular quality, as for your audio problem I don"t know why it worked with the vcd and not the svcd but you should extract the audio from your avi file to a wav file with "virtuadub" and encode that as your audio source and it should work.......

wolfgang  2002-06-22 18:14:44 ( ID:qyhcu5nlurf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello,
I use the standart values, which are given when you select vcd or svcd. And at this standart values the svcd-bitrate is higher than the vcd-bitrate.

thank you

Question - TE25 - again batch encoding No.23670
peerke02  2002-06-21 12:07:00 ( ID:vcdqpzgy8ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I'm using tmpgenc on trail to convert the avi's from my DV-cam to DVD-quality mpg's. That's all working magnificent, but I still have one small question about it.
One tape generates about 40 to 60 avi's, which I then manually have to add to the batch list to encode in tmpgenc. To generate a batch-list, I spend about half an hour to feed the avi's to the list, allways with the same settings (DVD-PAL, noise filter on high quality).
Is there a way to select all the files you want to convert at once, one time give in the settings how to convert, an click on "run at once"?
I've found a add-on program which generates such a list, but that converts in VCD, not DVD. I've mailed the autor, but got no reply. And I don't know any programmers who could make such a tool for me.
Anyone?

ASHY  2002-06-21 19:58:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may help you acheive what you want.

http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_Batcher/TMPEG_List.htm

ASHY

peerke02  2002-06-21 20:06:50 ( ID:vcdqpzgy8ej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This seems to be what I was looking for.
Thanks very much for your help!

Question - TE25 - please No.23668
hong wonhyuk  2002-06-21 11:25:26 ( ID:yp.sy/fflza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

product korean virsion..

Hataian  2002-06-21 18:36:31 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

alolo uga

Question - TE25 - How to load sequential avi stream for encoding No.23663
SVCDFan  2002-06-21 08:53:30 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all.

As I know TMPGEnc allows to encode from a sequential number of avi streams to one mpeg stream. I got a advice to rename the input avi stream as follows to enable loading sequential avi files:

file00.avi
file01.avi
file02.avi..

But looks like this is not working as was suggested. Which way is the correct way?

Thanks in advance.

SVCDFan.

Minion  2002-06-21 09:12:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who ever gave you that advice didn"t give you good advice , you can not do sequential avi file in tmpgenc you have to frame serve them from "virtua dub" that method that you were trying only works with image files like "bmp,jpeg" the next version is supposed to have that feature, to find out to encode sequential avi files through frame serving with virtual dub go to "www.virtuldub.com" and download the program and then read as much as you can on the subject and there is information available at "www.vcdhelp.com" that wiil assist you in setting up your frame server.....

SVCDFan  2002-06-21 09:26:43 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion

thanks for quick response.

I know virtualdub and avisynth as well.

Curiously I am waiting for the next version...

SVCDFan.

SVCDFan  2002-06-21 09:54:24 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Addendum:

What about "Canopus DV Codec" --> reading referred format AVI thorough network?

This allows using sequential avi streams as well?

ASHY  2002-06-21 20:36:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will only allow sequential files to be opened which have been created using the Canopus DV codec not ordinary AVI files. The only way to do that is frameserving from Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Newbie ? on converting AVI to MPEG-1 No.23661
MonkeyMynd  2002-06-21 05:56:27 ( ID:r8n57cun4yr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,
I've been trying to work out how to use this program. My first conversion went perfectly. The only option I changed was the 'Video Arrange Method' on the 'Advanced' page to 'Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio). Ran it, checked the mpeg produced (on my machine) and all was well. Unfortunately, the next 2 will not work. I get audio, but no video...just a black screen. Here is the info on all three files w/ the good file coming first. Can anyone tell me what I should be setting to get the correct conversions?

Properties...Summary settings : Again only file #2 will convert w/ video!

Audio Same for each file Audio Format:MP3,Avg. Data Rate:7.00 Kb/Sec, Sample Rate:24.00 kHz, Channels:2(Stereo)

Video Frame Width 352 for all, Frame Height #1(240) & #2&3(288), Frame Rate #1(14.985fps), #2&3(12.5fps), Video Sample Size all 24bit and Video Compression(MS-MPEG4 V3), other settings all vary, but should like Frame Count, Data Rate, etc.

TMPGEnc loads the files as #1(4:3 525 line NTSC, 704x480), #2(4:3 625 line PAL, 704x576) & #3(4:3 625 line PAL, 704x576)

Output format is Video-CD NTSC (MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps)

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong here? I'd appreciate the help as well as a fairly good answer so I can learn about this stuff.

Thanks,
MonkeyMynd

Minion  2002-06-21 09:48:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you have to make sure you have the apropriate codecs installed on your machine to decode your avi files, and raising your "direct show" plugin"s priority to "2" might work to, to do this go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then right click on the "direct show" plugin and raise the priority to "2"usually if you can see you movie in the encodeing screen the it should be there after encodeing....but I did notice that the settings you are useing for you avi files will give you choppy playback and possible de-sync of audio and video in your dvd player,I will explain,for file #1, the 352 by 240, 14.985fps, that is a "ntsc" file that has to be encoded to "29.97fps" and 352 by 240, your settings are correct for that one but the other ones #2 & #3 the 352 by 288 and 12.5fps, those are "pal" files and have to be encoded to pal resolutions and frame rates, so they need to be encoded to 352 by 288 and 25fps, for those files use the "pal" vcd template, or you will get choppy playback in your dvd player and possible de-sync, you can make those pal files into ntsc files but it is a little complicated and probably shouldn"t try unless you have some experience and even more patience....there is a lot of info on this subject and more at "www.vcdhelp.com"....good luck.......

Question - TE25 - Pinnacle Studio 7 to SVCD or VCD No.23659
Blackmur  2002-06-21 01:29:35 ( ID:kplnb26mylg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I acidentaly made this a Request instead of a question the first time I posted. Sorry...
I'm very new to video edditing so please bare with me: I curnatly use Studio V 7 to edit my digital camcorder tapes, what is the best way to get these edits onto a VCD or SVCD? I tried to use TMPGEnc but I guess I did things wrong because they wont play in DVD players (any). Do I need special software for my CD recorder? Also what file extensions do VCDs and SVCD have? .MPEG? Sorry if my question seem stupid but I need your help. Please list step by step instructions if you guys can.
Thanks again for any help!

Minion  2002-06-21 01:52:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem I think is that you need to burn your "mpeg" file to cd-r in vcd/svcd mode with a program that is for burning vcd/svcd"s, you just cant burn it to a cd-r and put it in your dvd player and expect it to play cuz it won"t, you need a program like "Nero Burning Rom". You can download a 30 day fully functioning trial from "www.nero.com" and you have to burn your mpeg1 files as vcd and mpeg2 files as svcd,"Nero" is a very user friendly program so you should not have a problem once you download it, and yes vcd/svcd files encoded with "tmpgenc" have a "mpeg" extention.Plus you have to make sure that your dvd player supports vcd"s or svcd"s cuz not all player do...

Question - TE25 - Scan line out of range No.23658
Bru  2002-06-20 22:27:57 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to convert a divx avi to mpeg2, however, I keep geeting an error code saying scan lines out of range.

If anyone has the solution to this problem I would be grateful to hear!!

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Add Subtitle No.23656
JaMirSe Inc.  2002-06-20 22:25:32 ( ID:.oje2pg6v9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to add pemenant subtitles to a file.After i did everything which was needed to do and I frameserved the file with subtitle,I wanted to load in to TMPenc. I was given an error which said " Unable to open please install the file MSVCR70.dll and maybe the problem will be solved."
Where can I find this file ??.

ASHY  2002-06-21 20:06:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~dimfeld/msvcr70.dll

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Divx with no sound No.23652
sjhc  2002-06-20 20:00:14 ( ID:pktzxmbypja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some movies that their is no sound when played, others that when I use TMPGenc it shows no Audio. Anyone have any clues.

Thanks
Steven

Minion  2002-06-20 21:52:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean that the Divx file has no audio? Or the encoded Divx to mpeg has no audio?If the divx file has no audio then it could be that you do not have the proper codecs to decode the audio from the divx file, try downloading the "Nimo" codec pack,you can get it at the tools section at "vcdhelp.com", this pack has most of the codecs you will need to decode most audio formats and video formats, but if the the audio is there in the divx file but not there in the encode mpeg file it is probably becaude the divx file has a unsupported audio format like mp3 vbr, or ac3, for most formats you can extract the audio to a wav file with "virtua dub" and then encode the wav file as your audio source but if the source audio is "ac3" you will need an "ac3 decoder" you can easily find one on a search engine by typeing in "ac3 decoder".....

sjhc1177  2002-06-24 04:25:33 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I did mean that the Audio is missing when I rncoded it. Will the quality change by adding this second step. Also I have been told that DivX movies are not as good as the ones downloaded from the newgroups direct as Mpeg movies is this true?

Thanks

Feces  2002-06-25 02:42:31 ( ID:djr6tsaxvkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help. i used to be able to open my d2v files in tmpg but now it says that the file is not supported. does anyone know why this has suddenly happend? i downloaded a new version but still it doesnt fix it

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.