Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 831 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 Dazzling Bull 1 2002-06-12 21:09:42
Question TE25 Difference between CQ and VBR Christh21 1 2002-06-12 21:04:12
Bug report TE25 2.53 works but 2.54a and 2.55 don't? purejunk 3 2002-06-12 19:38:58
Question TE25 MP3 Ewdizw looses sound Stuart 1 2002-06-12 08:07:42
Bug report TE25 problem cutting mpeg files jman 2 2002-06-12 08:22:27
Question TE25 don don 6 2002-06-12 16:14:52
Question TE25 Synchronize audio function? User457 1 2002-06-12 05:33:39
Request TE25 Ability to pause or continue a stopped encoding job User457 1 2002-06-12 05:32:11
Question TE25 block noise resulting from interlaced video newbie 1 2002-06-12 15:57:21
Question TE25 can't open p3package.dll soyodragon 3 2002-06-12 05:39:52
Question TE25 mpg2 video fine until .......... no-one 7 2002-06-13 19:59:03
Question TE25 Video/Audio snyq jdlr 1 2002-06-12 02:39:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 831 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 No.23208
Dazzling Bull  2002-06-12 13:35:35 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode an Mpeg2 movie at the res. 800x300 or as a multiple of 8,6,32???? i.e. 800 x 288 ?

I have tried both but I just keep getting an error This window size is accepted by selected MPEG-2 level

???

This res does work with bbmpeg?? Please help?

Minion  2002-06-12 21:09:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The mpeg standard dictates that all mpeg files have to have a resolution divisible by 8 and I don"t think a dvd player will play it unless it is divisable by 16.You should be able to do 800 by 304 or 296, What error are you getting? is it the error saying that you have to have the resolution divisible by 8?

Question - TE25 - Difference between CQ and VBR No.23206
Christh21  2002-06-12 09:43:34 ( ID:bispsy4.qcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using DVD2SVCD to burn SVCDs of DVDs. The encoding process is by far the longest. I've been using VBR, thinking that the quality is much higher. I did a test converting a DivX AVI to SVCD in CQ mode, which took much less than 1/2 the time it takes to do VBR. The CQ SVCD looks blocky, but I don't know if that's because of DivX or CQ encoding.

My question is basically which is better, VBR or CQ? I use it to make 2 SVCDs with bitrates between 1600 and 2500 (depending on movie length). VBR also tends to crash a lot (nearly every time) on my system.

Thanks

Minion  2002-06-12 21:04:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"CQ" is a VBR encodeing method,you must mean 2-pass vbr?For the amount of time it takes to encode in 2pass you will get close to the same quality in CQ, but if your movie has a lot of action scenes 2-pass will give you better results..

Bug report - TE25 - 2.53 works but 2.54a and 2.55 don't? No.23202
purejunk  2002-06-12 08:21:33 ( ID:v0ahmngvmi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried everything: reinstalling tmpgenc, using CBR rather than 2 pass VBR, using different source materials, lowering cpu speed in BIOS, giving higher priorities to VFAPI settings in Environmental Settings, even formatting my c drive and reinstalling Windows. I always used Tmpgenc without any problems but suddenly a few days ago, EVERY time I try to encode, my system freezes midway at various positions. When I say freezes, I mean seriously freezes: not even CTRL ALT DEL unfreezes it, only resetting does the trick. My setup is XP1800+, WinME, 256 DDRAM, KG7 mobo with all latest drivers. This is very frustrating! I tried using an older version (2.53 instead of 2.55 or 2.54a) and this does work! This must be a bug, no? I really can't figure what else it could be! Why would v 2.53 work and 2.54a and 2.55 not? Since I now have to use 2.53, is there any difference in picture quality when decoding in 2 pass VBR between the two? Please anyone if you have an answer, please share it with me. Thanks!

Christh21  2002-06-12 09:28:20 ( ID:bispsy4.qcj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't have a solution, but I too was about to report the same problem, only on my system, I haven't found a single version of TMPGEnc that hasn't crashed. I use a laptop with SiS board, P3 1000Mhz, 256 MB RAM. TMPGEnc crashes nearly everytime when I use VBR. If I use CQ it works fine, but I don't like the quality as much as with VBR. Should I just try other encoding programs to see if they do the same?

HEINZ  2002-06-12 14:45:53 ( ID:pusjkeniuv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

same problem here, system crush/freeze up every single time at various point when converting files

Heinz  2002-06-12 19:38:58 ( ID:pusjkeniuv. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just installed ver 2.55 on my notebook and it seems to be running fine.
can not get it to encode on my desktop though as stated earlier it will constantly freeze up completly, i'm running xp professional on desktop and xp home on notebook desktop is a 1.33 AMD Athalon Notebook 1.2 gig Pentium 3, both with 512 meg ram.

Question - TE25 - MP3 Ewdizw looses sound No.23200
Stuart  2002-06-12 07:49:53 ( ID:p.v/n0ize2h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to use TMPEng to resize an existing MPG movie file to make it suitable for the VCD spacification size. It converts the size OK except the output has no sound.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Minion  2002-06-12 08:07:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The sound is gone cuz the audio format wasn"t supported for encodeing,but you don"t need to encode the audio from the mpeg file just de-multiplex the original mpeg then multiplex the audio from it to the vcd mpeg...but if the audio from the original mpeg isnt mp2 say it is mp3 then you have to encode it to mp2 with a audio encoder like "db power amp" then you can multiplex it with the vcd/mpeg......

Bug report - TE25 - problem cutting mpeg files No.23197
jman  2002-06-12 07:21:20 ( ID:11woevyb5zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cant cut files so they fit on one cd. when I grab the bar to move it to the center of the movie it opens up a new window that says mpeg settings and then the programm stops responding. and if I enter the frame cut manually and hit the set end frame button it just zeroes out my setting. please help

Minion  2002-06-12 07:34:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know how many times i have said this lately, but the mpeg tools have problems like this all the time and there is no fix ,no secret settings nothing you can do in tmpgenc to make it work you just have to use a different program to cut your file,a free one that works good is "bbmpeg" it has a multiplexor that will cut your file into what ever size you want in mega bytes, but will have to de-multiplex your file first but it is better than nothing, or you can go on kaaza and download any one of a number of different ones like "power vcr" it has a good mpeg editor and it is on kaaza....

noone  2002-06-12 08:22:27 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

m2-edit pro is the best for large mpeg 2 files
it wont freeze and lets you cut them with no wait
just move the cursor to where you want to cut and you can find your cut points easily and in real time
you can find the demo here
http://www.mediaware.com.au/downloads.html
it is amazing

Question - TE25 - don No.23190
don  2002-06-12 04:54:54 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a registered user. paid my money! where can I download the
registered version of 2.55?
-Don

ffast  2002-06-12 05:02:48 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> i am a registered user. paid my money! where can I download the
> registered version of 2.55?

I have visited :
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_download.html
and it says :
"Those who have purchased previous version of TMPGEnc Plus are free to upgrade to this version, 2.55! Just download this version and run the program please."

You need to read, search info before you post!

Minion  2002-06-12 05:37:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no version "2.55" the newest version that there is is the "2.54a" but if you are a registered user then you will get an upgrade when there is a version 2.55.........

ffast  2002-06-12 07:35:00 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, version 2.55 is available on June 11th.

don  2002-06-12 14:01:23 ( ID:ilug02rkqqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"I need to read search info?"..what is that?
where is that so that I can read it?
-don

XXR  2002-06-12 14:31:40 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> "I need to read search info?"..what is that?
> where is that so that I can read it?
> -don

If you are registerd user, you have received or seen such
information that ffast pointed out.

In my case, after I purchaed, I have received E-mail which
contains some information how to download, register etc.

don  2002-06-12 16:14:52 ( ID:oiqutcgiync )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes, I am a registered user and a programmer...that's why I send money
to individual/small team efforts like TmpgEnc.
They deserver our money.
All I wanted was the pegasys download address because I don't keep paperwork
very well. Thank you for your kind assistance.
-Don

Question - TE25 - Synchronize audio function? No.23188
User457  2002-06-12 04:00:48 ( ID:6yd8b3c9y4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be nice if I could delay or advance the start of the audio to fix any synchronization errors.

Minion  2002-06-12 05:33:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is ,in the source range window you can set the audio to start before or after the video by what ever time you set....

Request - TE25 - Ability to pause or continue a stopped encoding job No.23186
User457  2002-06-12 03:59:21 ( ID:6yd8b3c9y4a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like a way to pause the encoding or the ability to continue the encoding process at another time.

Minion  2002-06-12 05:32:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can pause the encodeing but you can not shut down the program .To pause it just click "stop" while encodeing then the program will ask you if you want to quit encodeing, you just dont answer and go do what ever you have to do then when you want to resume you click "no" in the "do you want to quit encodeing "box and then you will resume encodeing...

Question - TE25 - block noise resulting from interlaced video No.23184
newbie  2002-06-12 03:20:36 ( ID:h9mz8v0mgfk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get good SVCD mpeg2 from tmpgenc when the source video is non-interlaced and inverse telecined.

However, when the input is interlaced video and contains fast motions, the resulting SVCD mpeg2 has alot of visible block noise.

Is there any trick to making this work? I've tried different motion detection methods, reversing field order, ... to no avail.

musicnyman  2002-06-12 15:57:21 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try using the de-interlace filter. might take longer but it gets rid of the interlace lines and hopefully block noise as well.

Question - TE25 - can't open p3package.dll No.23180
soyodragon  2002-06-12 03:20:09 ( ID:f59czhdfq2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know I've done this once before but I reinstalled tmpgenc and forgot how I did it. I know you have to move this p3package file to another folder for it to work properly. Can someone tell me where to STICK this file. And don't tell me to stick it up my you know what.

Minion  2002-06-12 05:28:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy and paste it into you system and system32 folder........

soyodragon  2002-06-12 05:37:06 ( ID:f59czhdfq2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx a lot Minion I've been searching for that bit-o information for about 2 hours now. Does everyone or anyone else have this same problem, because I couldn't find the answer to this question posted anywhere.

Minion  2002-06-12 05:39:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the "search" at the top of the screen for quick finding of info......

Question - TE25 - mpg2 video fine until .......... No.23172
no-one  2002-06-12 03:18:09 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i capture video in mpg2

4 min videos

excellant quality no artifacts
video and audio synced perfectly

but when i use tmpgenc to encode to vcd at high quality
i get an encredible vcd video but now the audio is out of sync

is this a bug with the program?

i love the high quality video and i think its the best on the market period.

but the sync problems scare me

help please

thanks for every reply

would like to try anything

Minion  2002-06-12 05:28:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the MOST common problem with captured files.This problem occurs because when you were captureing you must of dropped a few frames,your capture softwar is supposed to put in blank frames for each dropped frame but tmpgenc must not recognize these blank frames, so what you have to do is extract the audio from your mpeg2 file then see exactly how long it is , then find out exactly how long your video file is, the differance between the two should be how much out of sync your file is..So now you will need to stretch or shrink your audio file so it is the same length as your video file, a good program for this is "cool edit" it will let you stretch or shrink your audio file with out changeing the pitch of the audio, after you have done the stretching or shrinking you can encode that file to mp2 then multiplex it with your video file then it should be in sync....

noone  2002-06-12 06:56:10 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the fast reply

i have played the video in wmp and have encoded it with other programs
there is never a sync problem re-coding that file to vcd
and the audio is always dead on
but those programs suck for visual quality

tmpgenc has the highest visual quality to compress video that i have ever used

i hope its not a bug

do you know of a program that will scan an mpeg and replace corrupt frames with black?

the original captured mpeg plays fine
but only tmpgenc losses video sync right from the start

ps:

if i split the video and audio then encode to vcd high quality
the picture freezes at somepoint and is encoding that one frame and the audio is continuing the process to the end

when i play the file
the video and audio is in sync but somewhere the picture is frozen from encoding

so i am saying that tmpgenc is getting stuck on a frame and continues to encode
the same frame
it is not at the end of the video

if i could somehow clean the mpg up to allow tmpgenc to just continue with the next frames

not all the videos i capture get stuck
is it a bug?

Minion  2002-06-12 07:27:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you have is a corrupted frame or frames in your file so you should encode up to the bad frame then use the source range and encode starting at the frame or a couple of frames after the bad frame then use the merge function to merge the two parts together.or you can try to frame serve your mpeg file with dvd2avi, maybe it can read your file all the way through..one piece of advice is not to use media player to play mpeg files media player does not show the true aspect ratio or frame size of your mpeg file and it will play some mpegs out of sync, on my system it plays all mpegs out of sync and it has been the cause of a lot of peoples sync problems, power dvd is one of the best ones to use and it is easy to get for free......

noone  2002-06-12 08:34:47 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks

i use powervcr to capture my videos
i use mpeg 2 "excellant quality" setting

it works great and comes with powerdvd

simply the best

my videos are captured at 640 x 480
then i use tmpgenc to convert to vcd at the high setting

it is really the best picture quality
after encoding to vcd you really have to look hard to notice a differance in picture quality between the two

that is until the video freezes from the encoding process

oh well

after trying so many different encoders for vcd and looking at the horrible quality
its just too hard to use any other encoder than tmpgenc

its gotta be the best for quality encodes

thanks for your help and i will post a solution as soon as i can find one

oh,..
do you know how to sync the audio in tmpenc
or is there something else more reliable

thanks alot

Minion  2002-06-12 22:10:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t like saying this here but "tmpgenc" isn"t the best, well not for mpeg2, it is the best mpeg1 encoder I have used, but for mpeg2 I use a different one that is much faster and has better quality.....

noone  2002-06-12 23:18:41 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im only using tmpgenc to encode mpeg2 to vcd

your right
it must be the best mpeg1 encoder

sajidvk  2002-06-13 19:59:03 ( ID:0c.dfbqlfjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had similar problems.
The original avi file was in ntsc (29.x fps) format
and when I make VCD-PAL mpeg, there is some
differeence in number of frames / duration-time
for audio and video stream. and if I try multiplex in
mpegtools in tmpgenc, with encoded file as input
for both audio and video, during multiplex it says
some buffer-under run or something. and after i join
many of such small mpeg pieces , using tmpgenc cut/edit,
the video pauses after playing every piece, and it kind
of waits for the audio to finish before starting to play
next piece. so probably the audio stream is longer than
video frame and the cut/edit feature of tmpgenc probably
is trying to encode the same last frame for the remaining
audio stream. (just a guess)
I tried to convert ntsc-avi to pal-avi using videowave
(video quality is okey) before converting to mpeg using tmpgenc.
I have nottried to join those files yet. I will post later
once i try it out. probably if pal-avi(25fps) is used as source
to make a pal-mpeg, (there will be no rate conversion then)
probably the sync problem may disapppear.

Question - TE25 - Video/Audio snyq No.23170
jdlr  2002-06-12 02:30:24 ( ID:7e6npeg19ww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have converted some DVD movies to Mpeg1. Why does the video and audio get out of snyq when converted to VCD? This occurres in some movies and can't figure out why this happens. Is there another way to correct his problem besides making the adjustment in the "Audio Gap" in "Settings". This is time consuming.

nobody  2002-06-12 02:39:10 ( ID:3pq6ps/oan2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i think it is a flaw because it happens in most versions and is a waste of time

my sollution

split the audio and video into 2

run the vcd encoding selecting the seperate video and audio streams to be rejoined to a vcd

this works great for me but introduces a new bug in the encoding stream known as video freezing while the audio continues to encode

this really sucks and wastes my time

does anyone know the name of the mpeg encoder and can it be used with other programs?

hope this helps

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.