Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 846 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How much faster is the new 2.54a 2-pass vbr using the new env. setting? vince 0 2002-06-03 20:53:55
Question TE25 Avi is unsoported jgraham95 1 2002-06-03 22:30:49
Question TE25 MPG file to DVD playback on TV ? Warren 1 2002-06-03 22:08:07
Question TE25 Mr. Warren 1 2002-06-04 12:47:23
Question TE25 Ilegal floating decimal point calculation order DCOQ 2 2002-06-08 16:44:41
Question TE25 DVD Authoring software Oscar 1 2002-06-03 16:26:28
Bug report TE25 MPEG2 DVD Templates CBR is encoded VBR Leigh 0 2002-06-03 13:32:30
Question TE25 Audio sync problems Divx(NTSC)->PAL Paul H. 4 2002-06-04 18:10:26
Question TE25 still illegal mpeg probs ankho 10 2002-06-04 13:35:31
Bug report TE25 Cropping/Merging MPEG (MPEG tools) Yuriy Vassilenko 0 2002-06-03 11:27:51
Question TE25 Help! Program Stopped Working an Hour Ago!! Dave 5 2002-06-05 03:11:42
Question TE25 VCD burned from nero have sound problem while playing in vcd player sonic 13 2002-06-05 13:48:21

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 846 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How much faster is the new 2.54a 2-pass vbr using the new env. setting? No.22594
vince  2002-06-03 20:53:55 ( ID:swds46ubtxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anybody used the 2.54a new env. setting? If you choose to save the result from the first, how much faster to do a 2pass vbr compared to 2.53? thanks

Question - TE25 - Avi is unsoported No.22592
jgraham95  2002-06-03 20:30:43 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can sum1 tell me how to get avi files suportd on version 2.41a please! thankyou

Minion  2002-06-03 22:30:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you useing "2.41" it is quite old, but your problem sounds like you need to raise your "direct show" plugin..Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show" plugin to "2" and lower every thing else to "0".....This should get your avi file loaded.......

Question - TE25 - MPG file to DVD playback on TV ? No.22590
Warren  2002-06-03 19:12:00 ( ID:85mhoxquhtj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Used TMPGEnc 2.54a to convert AVI file to MPG file (NTSC)
for DVD-R. I have a Pioneer DVD-R writer and want to
play MPG file created by TMPGEnc 2.54a for DVD playback on
my TV, using a DVD player purchased in China.

When I copy MPG file created by TMPGEnc 2.54a to
Pioneer DVD-RW/R Writer, MPG file writes OK, but
does not play on DVD connected to TV.

I know the DVD Writer and Player work because I have
copied numerous DVD's and they play fine.

Is there another step after creating an MPG file with
TMPGEnc I need to do before writing the DVD-R disk ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Warren

Minion  2002-06-03 22:08:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have copied Numerous DVD"s and they play fine then do what you did when you burnt those numerous dvd"s, is this the first time that you have used Tmpgenc for encodeing your dvd"s?did you use a different encoder when you burnt your other dvd"s?If you have done numerous dvd"s and this one time you used Tmpgenc and it did not work then do what you did when they did work..

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.22588
Warren  2002-06-03 18:58:44 ( ID:85mhoxquhtj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Used TMPGEnc to convert AVI file to MPG file.
Want to write to DVD-R for DVD playback on TV.

Whn I copy MPG file created by TMPGEnc to my DVD
Writer, it writes fine, but does not play on my
DVD for TV.

I know the DVD is OK, because I have copied programs
to DVD-R and it plays fine.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks,
Warren

ASHY  2002-06-04 12:47:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't just copy the MPEG file to the DVD and burn it like a data file.
You need a DVD authoring program for this.

Here is a link to some you can try.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/authoring.html

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Ilegal floating decimal point calculation order No.22585
DCOQ  2002-06-03 16:54:49 ( ID:jac9z0e/27n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Sirs,

i have a big problem. Everytime when I am starting the progress it says to
me "Ilegal floating decimal point calculation order"

I want to change an AVI file into SVCD and have the following settings:

Constant quality
and loaded SuperVideoCD (PAL).mcf file.

What should I do to avoid this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards

DCOQ/Germany

ASHY  2002-06-03 17:07:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search> 'decimal'

ASHY

matrus  2002-06-08 16:44:41 ( ID:qd2evtn.5al )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ciao
scrivo dall'italia
ho lo stesso problema anchio con file avi da comprimere
qualcuno potrebbe darmi una spiegazione in italiano

grazie

Question - TE25 - DVD Authoring software No.22583
Oscar  2002-06-03 15:50:49 ( ID:c0wlr2e/nil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Realize this is a bit "off the subject", but wondering if some of the people here can recommend a decent DVD authoring package. I already have a "finished" DV video (Premiere / TMPGenc), but need to create DVD menu, chapter points, etc. Tried the MyDVD that came with my Pioneer 104, but it "transcodes" the mpeg2, and also cannot add chapter points.

Any opinions/recommendations appreciated.

Oscar

ASHY  2002-06-03 16:26:28 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/authoring.html

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - MPEG2 DVD Templates CBR is encoded VBR No.22582
Leigh  2002-06-03 13:32:30 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Version 2.54 Plus.

Encoding for DVD, if I use CBR the resulting stream actually has a VBR. Even setting for VBR and setting Max/Avg/Min all the same still sees a VBR, with peaks going above the maximum setting, and mins dropping well below the Min setting. This is of course causing problems as setting say a maximum of 9000 CBR is seeing a VBR stream with peaks going about 10Mbits/sec causing problems on playback!

Regards

Leigh

Question - TE25 - Audio sync problems Divx(NTSC)->PAL No.22577
Paul H.  2002-06-03 12:35:03 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had many audio sync problems converting a 512x384 (4:3) NTSC 23.97 48000 DivX trailer to play on my PAL Sony NS-300 multi-region DVD player and Sony 4:3 TV in the UK.

First I demultiplex the file to a 44.1 WAV file and a video stream.

Then I encode a new file:
With fixed frame rate, 512x384 the picture is too far to the right. This is probably a DVD/TV problem.

With 23.97 frame rate, SuperVCD 480x512 (PAL) but mpeg1 format (2200kbps) the picture is good but the audio sync is wrong, seems to get worse.

I have tried many combinations of resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate. I have studied vcdhelp.com. The TV is multi-standard and plays all the different frame rates (NTSC/PAL) with a good picture. I use Nero to burn CD-RW disks.

Audio sync is the only problem. What should I do?

Minion  2002-06-04 05:10:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have done every thing right up to a certain point, but what you didn"t do is realize that your video stream is now shorter than your audio cuz you have sped up the movie by changeing the frame rate from 23.97 ntsc to 25 pal, now what you have to do is shrink your audio file..First extract the audio from your video file then find out the "Exact" length of your video file, now you will need a audio editing program like "cool edit" which has a function that will allow you to shrink(or stretch)your audio file to the exact same length as your video file, after you have done this you just you can multiplex your audio file and your video file together and then they should be in sync..There is a bit more to it that i wrote here but this is basicaly how you do it, you will need to experiment for a bit to get it right, but it"s better than never getting it done, if you have trouble figureing it out you can e-mail me ........good luck

Paul H.  2002-06-04 12:00:46 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks I see your point. I don't think the sync problem is due to a 23.97/25 (95.88%) timing skew - over a 40 minute movie the sound is out by about a second or two. While we are on that point - are there any details about the TMPg frame rate conversion? I would expect it to interpolate between frames to keep the timing correct and the CPU time used supports that. If it simply output frames without any processing it would finish in a few minutes.

It seems more likely there are small jittor errors creeping in, either in the audio or video streams. Perhaps the extraction of the Divx MP3 audio track is not 100% accurate timewise...or the Divx codec that decodes the video frame by frame for TmpG it not entirely accurate.

I recall getting some "buffer underflow" errors from one of the conversion programs. At the time I just ignored them but if audio samples where lost that could explain the sync errors. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Are there any test AVIs or MPGs anywhere? One showing time and an audio click every second could be calibrated with a clock.

Paul H.  2002-06-04 13:57:16 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks I see your point. I don't think the sync problem is due to a 23.97/25 (95.88%) timing skew - over a 40 minute movie the sound is out by about a second or two. While we are on that point - are there any details about the TMPg frame rate conversion? I would expect it to interpolate between frames to keep the timing correct and the CPU time used supports that. If it simply output frames without any processing it would finish in a few minutes.

It seems more likely there are small jittor errors creeping in, either in the audio or video streams. Perhaps the extraction of the Divx MP3 audio track is not 100% accurate timewise...or the Divx codec that decodes the video frame by frame for TmpG it not entirely accurate.

I recall getting some "buffer underflow" errors from one of the conversion programs. At the time I just ignored them but if audio samples where lost that could explain the sync errors. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Are there any test AVIs or MPGs anywhere? One showing time and an audio click every second could be calibrated with a clock.

ASHY  2002-06-04 18:10:26 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your post is VERY confusing to say the least.
On one hand you say you are creating a PAL SVCD, but then you say the framerate is 23.97 and the resolution is 480x512 and the format is MPEG1, so how can that be PAL SVCD? PAL SVCD is MPEG2 480x576 25 fps which is nothing like your specs.

One other point I'd like to ask is, does this happen on the PC as well as your DVD player?

I think TMPG probably does interpolate frames when you change the framerate, but this always results in jerky playback where the frame has been interpolated otherwise the length of the movie would change which doesn't happen.

I think that your sync probs are due to errors in either the video stream or audio stream as this only happens with certain files and I don't think it has anything to do with buffer underflow errors.

If the audio is gradually losing sync then I would follow Minion's suggestion and find the length of the streams separately and use Cooledit 2000 to adjust the audio stream accordingly or you could simply alter the framerate slightly using AVIframerate changer and speed up or slow down the video to match the audio.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - still illegal mpeg probs No.22566
ankho  2002-06-03 12:13:09 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Me again, I was having troubles before with tmpg not accepting the mpegs that i made using vcdgear. I was told to use isobuster to create them and this would solve my problem. I just got done creating another mpeg from bin and cue files using isobuster and tmpg still said that it was an illegal mpeg. What is the problem? I have uninstalled tmpg and re downloaded it and tried about every other method of converting. Now if there is an easier way to do what i am trying to do, im all ears. here is the scoop-

My dvd player doesnt support svcd so i use the tmpg to put a vcd header on the mpeg files that i create. This has worked for me 50 times in the past. Without any problems. Now all of the sudden every mpeg that i create no matter how i create them says illegal mpeg when i try to load it in the tmpg demultiplex or even the merge and cut. When i try to load them in isobuster it says some other error like pvc or somthing. I am in desperate need of help. Please send it. Thanks in advance.

ASHY  2002-06-03 13:35:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you create these bin/cue files with that crap VCDgear. If you did this is the reason why you are still getting the error when you extract with ISO buster.
VCDgear alters something in the MPEG itself so no matter what program you use to extract it, it will still have the same problem with TMPG.

The way around your problem is to demultiplex the file with another program first such as DVMPEG or MPEG2VCR first. It should then open in TMPG ok.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-03 13:45:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just out of curiosity, why are you extracting MPEGs from bin files. Where are the original MPEGs?

ASHY  2002-06-03 13:57:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another solution to your problem is to not extract the MPEG from the bin file at all.
A program called Daemon tools to create a virtual drive. This allows you to open the image and use it as if it were already burned to a disk. You can then use TMPG to open the MPEG or DAT file directly from the image.
http://www.daemon-tools.net/main800.htm

ASHY

ankho  2002-06-03 23:57:55 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i demultiplexed it with dvmpeg and it says illegal audio mpeg when i try to load it in tmpg. I think i might be screwed. :( any other ideas? Thanks.

ankho  2002-06-04 00:15:28 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also 1 thing that i forgot to mention, Even the movies that i havent touched with vcdgear dont work on tmpgenc. So i am wondering if i have a setting wrong on it or if when i was installing those codecs if i might have installed some conflicting stuff??? just some ideas. But now that i have demultiplexed an mpeg, tmpg does accept the video part of it. But says that it is an illegal audio mpeg. and as far as your question as to where the original mpeg files are, I downloaded the rar files and extracted them to bin and cue using winrar. So i never have had the original mpeg files. I appreciate the help.

Minion  2002-06-04 06:51:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can get your video file in "tmpgenc" then your problem is solved, just encode the audio the a wav file with any audio encoder and load that in a your audio file.....

ASHY  2002-06-04 11:40:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is right. It looks like the reason your file wasn't loading is because of the audio.

What format is the audio in. Is it mp3 vbr or maybe ac3?

In either case you should re-encode the file to a wav using a program such as dbpoweramp http://www.dbpoweramp then load that into TMPG as the audio.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-04 11:44:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry that should be. http://www.dbpoweramp.com
One other thing if you have trouble encoding the audio to a wav. It is most probably AC3.
For this you would have to use a program such as AC3DEC to decode the file to a wav.

ASHY

ankho  2002-06-04 12:17:22 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

got it converted to wav and it still says that it is an illegal audio stream. I am convinced that somthing major is messed up here. NOthing you throw at me seems to work. And like i said before, even files that i havent even touched with vcdgear wont load on tmpg so i think the problem lies deeper then we are looking. Any more ideas? Thanks.

ASHY  2002-06-04 13:35:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What??? You've got to be kidding me. TMPG 'WONT' load the wav file.
There is definitely something amiss here. That should not happen.
Does it actually play with mediaplayer?

Was the wav encoded to 44.1khz 16 bit stereo?
As a test encode a music file such as an mp3 to a wav with dbpoweramp and try to load that as the audio in TMPG and see if you get the same error.

The only other advice to you is to completely remove TMPG from your system. Download the new version and re-install it.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Cropping/Merging MPEG (MPEG tools) No.22565
Yuriy Vassilenko  2002-06-03 11:27:51 ( ID:tcojxz02gy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't make audio stream, only video stream crop/merge make in out file

Question - TE25 - Help! Program Stopped Working an Hour Ago!! No.22559
Dave  2002-06-03 04:32:44 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please Help!
I do not have a registered version of TMPG Enc, I downloaded it 21 days ago and it says I have 9 days left if I go to the "about" section.
I have version 2.54.37.135 and Core 1.87.133. Here is my problem:

I have 2 multiple CD SVCD's. I do not have a DVD player that plays them so I reencode them. This is a fine solution for me as I can re encode at roughly the same speed that it plays and I am a patient person. The first SVCD went fine, I re encoded the whole thing (5 CD's), burned it and enjoyed watching it on Friday.

However, I am now working on the second one and having terrible problems. The first CD re encoded fine. The second, the same. However, now working on the Third I have hit an absolute road block. I was re encoding and I got a BSOD. I restarted my machine and now TMPGEnc will *NOT* open the SVCD's Audio portion. It will open the video fine, and the MPEG does have audio, but for some reason it will no longer recognize it. This is the case in both partions of my WINXP and Win98.

I tried to see if it would open the previous CD's which I just re encoded hours ago. I get the same error. I obtained an ancient version of TMPGEnc from a website to see if it would open it. It does but by the audio it puts mux:. This is a much slower way of reencoding and I would really like to avoid it.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Also... if this is an issue that crops up every couple of days I apologize. I tried to use the search function on this forum but it is impossible to get anything related since it uses any of the words. Arg!

Feel free to remove the **nospam** and e-mail me or add me to ICQ.
Thanks for any help at all.

David Lenz

Minion  2002-06-03 05:18:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you will have to do is just encode the video then you can "de-muliplex" the original mpeg and multiplex the audio with the encoded video..You said that you don"t have a dvd player that plays them(svcd"s) so you re-encode them, re-encode them to what?

Dave  2002-06-03 05:27:44 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Re-Encode them to XVCD (I think). Basically the settings are MPEG-1 with a bitrate of 2500 which my player will play.

Thanks for the solution. It just bugs me that only hours ago I could easily do it without "de-multiplexing" and now suddenly I can't. It says the audio portion of the Mpeg's is unsupported. My question is how can that be if it was supported only hours ago?

Does TMPGEnc have an MPEG Audio codec that could be corrupted and that it would not fix when I tried re-installing it?

Thanks Again.
David

Dave  2002-06-03 05:34:20 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, I think I fixed it.
I went into Options --> Environmental Settings --> VFAPI Plug In and I had 2 MPEG 2 Video plug ins. By unchecking one of them I solved my problem.

Dave

ASHY  2002-06-03 11:00:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just ou of curiosity, if your creating XVCD, how come the movies is 5 cd's?This must be one hell of a long movie.

ASHY

Dave  2002-06-05 03:11:42 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your wondering it is the DVD Screener of LOTR. However I ran out of 80 minute CDR's and have to slice them up slightly so that it fits onto 5 CDR's. The movie is 3 hours long and is 4 80 minute SVCD's.

Dave

Question - TE25 - VCD burned from nero have sound problem while playing in vcd player No.22545
sonic  2002-06-03 04:17:05 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use TotalRecorder to record the audio of .mov and save as 44.1khz, 16bits, wav format. And use TMPEG record .mov & .wav to a mpeg file.

It's normal while playing in PC, but after i burned it in cd-r with nero as vcd format. it only has "sa" sound came out, and i can't listen to the music & talk.
My mpeg file: 320*420, 25fps

but nero still said that "it's not standard format", my vcd format is not svcd, just vcd, so i carry on burning.

How can i solve this problems?

Thanks,
Tom

Minion  2002-06-03 05:10:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The standard frame size for vcd is 352 by 240 for ntsc or 352 by 288 for pal so 320 by 420 is NOT in the vcd specifications, so this is not a compliant vcd file, and what do you mean when you play it a "sa" sound came out? You did not load the standard "vcd template" or you probably would not have this problem , re-encode your file but use the "vcd template"..

ASHY  2002-06-03 11:04:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

'sa' ???

ASHY

sonic  2002-06-03 16:40:25 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My mpeg: PAL vcd
I can see the video on tv, only the sounds are terrible, just like it can't read the sound on that cd, the noise(sa..sa..sa) appear only while the music wave appear.

I save the wav as cd format by totalrecorder as i use quicktime to play it
image: www.4gigs.com/~sonic/1.jpg

And combine two video(.mov) & audio(.wav) in TMPEG
image: www.4gigs.com/~sonic/2.jpg

And there is part of my mpeg video burned on cd.
video: www.4gigs.com/~sonic/test.mpg

Hope it will help to solve my problem

Thanks,
Tom

ASHY  2002-06-04 11:59:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have looked at your pics, but everything looks fine there.
The MPEG wouldn't download. Your hosting service said they don't allow that file type.

Anyway we need more info. Set up TMPG as if you were gonna encode then copy the information at the bottom of the main window and post it here.
It will look something like this -
MPEG-2 480x576 25fps CQ 65, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps

ASHY

sonic  2002-06-04 18:10:43 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

my mpeg video sample:
http://tyra.streamload.com/Gimme/344882630/7554791/17/0/90412411-4776-4CF3-AAEA-4DF39A3B1039/0.571969/2/test.mpg

Thanks,
Tom.

sonic  2002-06-04 18:24:56 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is the image that are encoding:
http://www.4gigs.com/~sonic/3.jpg

but i always use Project Wizard to do my encoding, is this any different from main window?

Thanks,
tom.

ASHY  2002-06-04 18:29:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still doesn't allow download. Streamload reports it isn't accesible to the public only for the owner.
You can stream it to my streamload account. Send to mark_ashworth1@hotmail.com

ASHY

sonic  2002-06-04 18:31:51 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I 'm sorry, the link still didn't work.

Can you go to my http://www.streamload.com account to download that video
username: sonic3000
password: sonicsonic

Thanks,
Tom

ASHY  2002-06-04 21:09:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have stream beamed it to my own account and will download it shortly.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-04 22:01:27 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, I have downloaded the MPEG and it plays and sounds fine even though the quality is a bit low. It has all the right specs for VCD so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Does this file play fine on your PC?
Are you quite sure you chose the VCD option and not SVCD in NERO.

From looking at the MPEG I have downloaded it seems that you may not have used the right 'type' setting if you used the Merge&Cut feature to split your file.

When you cut the file you must make sure you choose 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the 'Type' from the drop down menu otherwise NERO will give you the compliance warning if you haven't done this.

To correct your file just run it through the 'simple multiplex' option in MPEG tools and choose 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the type then burn it with NERO. As long as NERO doesn't give any warnings it should work fine now.

ASHY

sonic  2002-06-05 05:30:26 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any different between "Multiplex" & "Merge & cut" to combine my video files? because i create the final mpeg file with "Merge&cut"( MPEG-1 system auto) every time.

sonic  2002-06-05 07:20:05 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank You, ASHY ^.^
After i change the type from MPEG-1 system to MPEG-1 VCD, the nero didn't pop up the window any more. And the sound is normal while playing in hi-fi.
thanks ASHY

I still have one question, i merge the mpeg files, but there's a "bit" sound while playing from one mpeg to other which that already merged into 1 file. Can it be prevented?

Tom.

ASHY  2002-06-05 13:48:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This little chirp or beep in the sound is caused by incorrectly joining 2 MPEGs at the wrong point in a GOP.
If you click the 'correct' button before merging this usually prevents it.
If it doesn't the only other way around it is to move the merge a few frames at either the end of the first MPEG or at the beginning of the second MPEG. As to which one is down to trial and error. You'll hardly notice this as it's only a few frames, but may get a slight jerk at the joined point.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.