Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 892 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 new version doesnt seem to report bad audio Mark 1 2002-05-07 01:16:03
Question TE25 Help Converting AVI to Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 orthadox 1 2002-05-07 01:05:28
Question TE25 Problem with a .dll WENUS 2 2002-05-12 02:42:57
Question TE25 I can't listen the film after encoding with tmpgenc! Albert 1 2002-05-07 00:54:08
Free talk TE25 If you had to choose between mpeg1 and mpeg2 M.Bastian 3 2002-05-08 08:26:42
Question TE25 Sound, but no video!!! New User 1 2002-05-07 00:58:19
Bug report TE25 SVCD Encoding works with default... but not VBR? tonyrayo 3 2002-05-07 08:32:31
Question TE25 simple demultiplex trouble dizzyD 4 2002-05-07 16:15:09
Request TE25 Video Problem NewUser 1 2002-05-06 22:30:40
Question TE25 missing dlls ricky Spammer 1 2002-05-06 22:59:46
Request TE25 I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD Brian Powers 3 2002-05-08 02:00:07
Question TE25 Soundproblem ac3? Hekne 3 2002-05-08 01:31:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 892 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - new version doesnt seem to report bad audio No.20750
Mark  2002-05-07 01:10:26 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The new version does not seem to report a poor audio input file? Is this a bug or is it a bad setting on my behalf

I had encoded and burned a movie file only to find no audio? Then I opened it in an older version 2.02.31.119 this version gives the error "an error occurred when audio was decoded" whereas the latest version reports nothing and merely creates a file with no audio

Minion  2002-05-07 01:16:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tmpgenc isn"t even supposed to load incompatable audio files but it still does sometimes especialy if the audio and video are in the same file...I guess you just got to be carefull what kind of audio you use in your avi files....

Question - TE25 - Help Converting AVI to Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 No.20748
orthadox  2002-05-07 00:56:48 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please can some1 help.
I can convert an AVI to mpg ok, basically by selecting Load,then one of the options.Firstly i uncompress the avi file, then select a standard Videocd(pal) setting.When the film finishes and i play it through 1)hardware mpeg card 2)Winmedia player or 3) a software dvd player. The quality and sound are fine. But the stream motion does not run right, it freezes for a ms ever 1 or 2 seconds causing a jump in the picture as the film is running.
Has any1 else had these problems and what setting should i be changing to remove this fault.

Thanks in Advance.

Minion  2002-05-07 01:05:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You get this problem sometimes when you encode your avi to mpeg to a different frame rate from each other,I am actually experienceing the same thing right now trying to encode a 15fps avi to a 29.97fps mpeg,and it just stops and starts every half second,so check what the frame rate of your avi file because the ntsc-vcd templates encode at 29.97fps and could make yor avi jump if it isn"t 29.97fps too....

Question - TE25 - Problem with a .dll No.20745
WENUS  2002-05-07 00:18:29 ( ID:whp51ipmeuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to take a mpeg that isn't video Cd compliant and make it Video CD compliant in doing so I got an eror right when I tried to start it saying "Can't load "P3Package.dll"" Any help would be apreciated.
Thank you,
WENUS

Minion  2002-05-07 00:49:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To get rid of the "p3p package "error ,go into your "tmpgenc" folder and there should be a file called "p3p package.dll" copy and paste that file into your "system" and "system32" folder this should get it to work....

Rick Miller  2002-05-12 02:42:57 ( ID:i1ycumbwsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help me in finding the System or system32 folder.

thanks
Rick Miller

Question - TE25 - I can't listen the film after encoding with tmpgenc! No.20743
Albert  2002-05-07 00:01:07 ( ID:vu6do2ezpbw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, my problem is that after codify a film I can see the images (video) but i can't listen the sound (audio)
I don't know why? could you help me,please?

Thanks for your attention!

Albert

Minion  2002-05-07 00:54:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few things that it could be,I"t could be that the audio in your avi file isn"t compatable with"tmpgenc" check your avi file and see what your audio format is and post it back and maybe we can fix yer problem,and your audio has to be encoded to 41000hz for it to play on your dvd player....

Free talk - TE25 - If you had to choose between mpeg1 and mpeg2 No.20739
M.Bastian  2002-05-06 23:35:05 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im just playing around with different more or less weird VCD settings.
Out of curiosity I made an quasi VCD template with mpeg2 VBR instead of mpeg1.
Since an mpeg2 template cant be forced to VCD nonstandard I abused the Mpeg Tools Merge&Cut feature to change the Type to VCD (nonstandard) afterwards. Suprise suprise! My Yamakawa DVD Player plays that beast without a hitch.

I did a fast test with the following settings
Standard VCD PAL resolution
2Pass VBR(Plus Version) 550/1200/1750 padding enabled
VBV buffer: 40
Motion search precision: Highest Quality
Soften block noise enabled
No motion search for half pixels disabled

As a test scene I used frame 13200 to 14700(1 minute) of the Starship Troopers Region 2 DVD(first ~30 secs mostly still scenes and the rest the Football Match with lots of fast action scenes.)

I might be wrong but with mpeg2 I see slightly more 'big' macroblocks even in still scenes but slightly less 'tiny' blocks compared to mpeg1. I recon I have to redo these tests without soften block noise and with a lower bitrate to get an better comparison sometime in the next few days. Theoreticaly mpeg2 should bring the same quality as mpeg1 with lower bitrates. Anyone has more input/suggestions?

gnight

M. Bastian

Gant  2002-05-08 01:47:47 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the fact that your dvd player plays it is normal... some dvd players play noin standartr formats... some can even play mpeg4 iso ;) Or even 48Khz sound.. ene though its not standart :\nBut most players wont play it.

Matta ne.

Gant

M.Bastian  2002-05-08 07:48:49 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An standalone player that can handle mpeg4????? Man dont tease us! Say which player can that. =)

/me readys his wallet

Btw. I made a few more tests and I nearly convinced that mpeg1 compard to mpeg2 looks different but not better at all at same bitrate and resolution.

Gant  2002-05-08 08:26:42 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm not teasing u guys... its actually true... just look arround and i'm sure you'll find the info i'm talking abuot... actually its quite simple... there are those that play mp3 and other crap... so mpeg4 iso is just another standar... dont expect it to play divx4 nor divx5... it'll play xvid and opendivx though :)
Also wmv7 is mpeg4 iso. :)

So just wait for this to get standartaised... and you'll be able to load your divx int oyou standalone :)

Matta ne.

Question - TE25 - Sound, but no video!!! No.20737
New User  2002-05-06 22:57:24 ( ID:kqcm7oopttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've tried to encode an avi file (ntsc) into mpeg...it works fine, but then when i open it with windows media player/quicktime player, i get sound but a black screen for video!! Please help me solve this problem.

Minion  2002-05-07 00:58:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess it really doesn"t work fine cuz you can"t watch it,what it could me is that you don"t have the right codec to play mpeg2 in media player,get dvd playing software and you will get a better picture than "media player" could ever give you....

Bug report - TE25 - SVCD Encoding works with default... but not VBR? No.20733
tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 22:56:10 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the title pretty much says it all. i can encode mpeg2 using the default template settings, but if i change it to VBR 2-pass, it just sits there and keeps adding time without processing anything. any ideas on how to fix this?

M.Bastian  2002-05-06 23:46:10 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VBR means that the encoder will first go over the whole movie to determine what Bitrate to use at which time. This means that you will see the actuall processing of the movie started at 50% enocding time.
Since especially VBR takes so long make dont encode your movie without making some tests with 1 minute scenes first(look under Settings -> Advanced -> Source Range). If youre satisfied with the quality, sound is in sync and your DVD player can handle the stream you can encode the whole movie. Its plain embarassing to see 16+ hours wasted e.g. because you forget to check 2:3 pulldown with Inverse Telecine ....

Minion  2002-05-07 06:01:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you meant "multi pass" not "vbr" ,you can do "vbr" without doing any passes,but you cant do "multi-pass" with out it being "vbr"....

M.Bastian  2002-05-07 08:32:31 ( ID:vljrcsq3gdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...yea right, sorry was quite late when I wrote that %-)

Question - TE25 - simple demultiplex trouble No.20728
dizzyD  2002-05-06 21:26:48 ( ID:39nhxzxsmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok guys, here goes my first post here. I have 3 MPEG files. They are all SVCD (but when I load it up on TMPGEnc it shows MPEG-1 on the bottom.) However, that is not the problem. I want to Simple De-Multiplex all of the files individually so that I can burn it on a DVD-R(W). Now I tried merging all three files so that I can do Simple De-Multiplex with one LARGE file and then burn it, but it wasn't successful. All 3 MPEG files total 7200 seconds, and when I tried merging them together it came out to a total output of only 5400 seconds. So clearly I was missing a lot of the movie. Now I tried merging two together (thinking that 3 might be too much or whatever..) and I got the same results. 2 files merged is supposed to equal 4750 seconds and I only got about 3400 seconds. So I decided to go and do a Simple De-Multiplex on each file individually to see if it would work that way. Well I started off doing a Simple De-Multiplex on the 1st file and it went through perfectly. I checked and everything was there..all 2400 seconds of it and the audio was there too. I was pleased until now. Then I did a Simple De-Multiplex on the 2nd file and the total output was missing 300mb (roughly 20 minutes). I did it again and this time I watched it carefully and I saw it got to around 309 MB at 50% (good so far..) and then when it got to 51% (311 MB) it skipped to 100% as if it was done. (I don't understand why it went from 51% to 100%) So now it's at 311 MB and I only have 20 minutes of the file, instead of 40 minutes. Please guys I really really need your help with this. I know this is very long, but I also had to write it, and I need help with this ASAP. So if anyone can help me out with either fixing the problem I had about the merging or the 2nd problem with the 2nd file Simple De-Multiplexing only half (300MB instead of about 640). Thanks again, I appreciate anyone who can help. My e-mail is dizz2k1@Hotmail.com or just reply here. Thanks again!

Minion  2002-05-06 21:38:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

maybe try this, load your problem file in to the "merge&cut" and just make a copy of your file,dont edit but look through the file with the edit slider to see if it all seems to be there and it reads all to frames,and just click "run" with out choosing edit points.this should make a copy of your file, and useing this file to de-multiplex.What I"m thinking is that the there is an error in the statistics of your file and "tmpgenc" isn"t reading your file just the statistics and there for thinks your file is one size when it is another...It"s worth a try...

dizzyD  2002-05-06 22:12:01 ( ID:39nhxzxsmio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i loaded the problem file (file 2) into tmpgenc's merge&cut and went through the edit slider and it was all there. still i have a problem.

ShovelhEd  2002-05-07 15:29:00 ( ID:f75hq2ciabf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hehe. I can guess what 3 cd SVCD that is too...errr...my Spider senses are tingling..
I had the same problem, first cd is fine but 2 and 3 stop encoding early. I fixed this! What you can do is use DVD2AVI to break it into video and audio parts, then re-encode to SVCD using tmpgenc vbr 2250 pal. When that is done mux them again to give it VCD headers. Worked for me :)

Good to you!

ShovelhEd

and remember, there can't be slaughter without laughter

dizzyD  2002-05-07 16:15:09 ( ID:.h5wtoxgumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help. i will try it when i get home -im in school now. you guessed right, it was spider-man :)

Request - TE25 - Video Problem No.20726
NewUser  2002-05-06 19:11:45 ( ID:qc9jqddzjlg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can some one help me, i have the sound but all i see is a black screen. I was wondering why does this happen and how could i fix this problem.

kingsley  2002-05-06 22:30:40 ( ID:0dppykrwfmg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

New User, what type of file do you have loaded, and what functions are you using on the software.

What are you trying to do?

If its an Mpeg and you don't know, get VCDgear and load it into one of the windows there to identify the file.

My most often black screen is in the mpeg tools function to cut a file and the file is invalid for some reason.

Question - TE25 - missing dlls No.20724
ricky Spammer  2002-05-06 18:19:43 ( ID:faqhcjvjhjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, when trying to encode a mpg1 into a mpg2 file TMPGEnc always searches for "m2v_dec.dll". Does anybody know where to obtain this dll?
thanks,
ricky

tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 22:59:46 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdhelp.com/download/m2v_vfp-0.4.6.zip - there is a link for an mpeg2 codec for tmpg, but if you are using the lastest version you shouldnt need this

Request - TE25 - I need help converting AVI(Divx) to MPEG for VideoCD No.20720
Brian Powers  Home )  2002-05-06 17:39:28 ( ID:tvn0u5xp/o6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 100mhz pentium, 66 mhz bus, 32mb EDO ram, 1 mb video memory, windows 98 packard bell old junk. I am trying to convert Divx quality AVI files to VideoCD. It works but it takes a long time. Does anyone have a equation for figuring out how long it will take and how space the new file will be? Is there anyway to make the process go faster, when it's encoding it only uses like 5% of my resources and the processor light doesn't flash very often. Please tell me all the ways to rig TMPGenc so that it goes faster even if it means not using anything else and closing every application including the systray. I need all the speed I can get. Thanks.

Minion  2002-05-06 21:30:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m supprised it works at all on your system,"tmpgenc" is designed to use pretty much all your resourses while encodeing,so if it only uses 5% of yours it must take long,one hour of avi file takes 5 hours to encode to mpeg2 on my 800mhz system so it must take like a month on yours,The only way for it to speed up is for you to get a faster computer and more ram.but to figure out file size ,if you are useing the standard video-cd template 1150kbs this equels out to 1 minute of avi is 10mb of mpeg,so you can fit 80 min on a 80min 700mb disk........

Darren  2002-05-07 05:20:47 ( ID:momph9wyw6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you will find it was your hdd light that was occasionally flashing and your processor was going flat out at 100%. You can't speed up the whole process unless you want to loose quality.

You need to wait or buy a new machine.

Patients is a virtue!

Gant  2002-05-08 02:00:07 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

processor light... LOL... sorry but i actually did laugh a lot... not offence though... some people are into computers and some are not... thta light is your HD activity light... and its normal not to flash too much... specially on your slow system... and i think your processor was on 100%... BTW how did you know it was usinf only 5% resources... must be sore really weird resource metter u have there m8.

Well, TMPGEnc is not thought to be fast, but to have high quality output... so just use anyother program to do it if you want to be fast... but the fastest setings in TMPGEnc are the realtime something... if it says real time then its fast... try the constant quality...

More i cant say... unless... buy a new comp... i have my baby fomr 9 month now... and she's already way too old (yes i'm talking about my computer) and even though she's 9 months already she's a 1200 athlon with 512 ddr pc2100 ram... HD are all 7200... and still tmpeg takes me way too long to encode... but i'm really happy with the necoding quality... I really HATE MS DV codec... makes me script a hole shit of stuff to fix the probs and takes wayyyyyyyylong to encode : but thts not the issue here... so try trhe above and then tell me how it went.

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - TE25 - Soundproblem ac3? No.20716
Hekne  2002-05-06 15:09:21 ( ID:r2xc2vdefgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo

I have a problem that I can't solve by myself. I have a divx-file with a compressed sound that I haven't seen before. The sampling rate is 48000 Hz and comression unknown (in VirtualDub). I've read in previous posts that it might be ac3-codec and that it can be decompressed to wav with Goldwave. I can't figure out how to do that, anyone who has done this?

Minion  2002-05-06 22:02:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With "goldwave" I think you need a AC3 plugin but go here: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/fastfdc.exe ,and you can download a ac3 decoder, it is shareware but runs for 30 days........

tonyrayo  Home )  2002-05-06 23:03:05 ( ID:vpj5alynpmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I posted some freeware AC3 decoding software on my site (temp. - www.penguinsrule.org/ac3_filters.zip). I would give you the direct link but I don't honestly remember where i got them from...

Gant  2002-05-08 01:31:52 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u'r a lucky one... avi with ac3... he he he... dolby digital on the avi... lucky m8. :)

Anyway, there are some really great sites with lots of info about that... the decoder i advise u too use is azid... free and the best in quality output.. into pcm wav... and then use tooLame to encode the mp2... also free and the highest quality u can find :)

Go to www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org or even www.vcdhelp.com and all the help u need you'll find there... lots of tutorials for newbies :)

I could tell you how... but i hate being too long typing on the comp.. gomennasai ne :)

Matta ne.

Gant

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.