Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 947 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 QuickTime source causes TMPGEnc to quit JamesCMurty 1 2002-04-17 22:27:19
Question TE25 GOP Header problem with DVDit speedgod619 5 2002-04-19 15:58:54
Question TE25 How to Register? mlewus 2 2002-04-17 15:34:45
Question TE25 What should I do ? Monte-Cristo 4 2002-04-10 18:22:57
Question TE25 Problems tryn to correct audio/video sync Harry Lenord 2 2002-04-09 15:00:42
Question TE25 white book? Paul 3 2002-04-09 13:59:16
Question TE25 really bad sync problems????????? sherlock 6 2002-04-10 11:45:47
Question TE25 audio sync probs simmo 1 2002-04-08 21:09:19
Bug report TE25 multiplexing in mpeg tools puffdanny 0 2002-04-08 20:09:15
Question TE25 Request for 2.51 Quaid 0 2002-04-08 18:52:22
Question TE25 Conflicts with VideoPack 5.1 And TMPGEnc Tom 0 2002-04-08 18:37:05
Bug report TE25 Tmpg2.5.3 VCD mpeg errors Report 0 2002-04-08 18:22:16

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 947 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - QuickTime source causes TMPGEnc to quit No.18445
JamesCMurty  Home )  2002-04-09 01:38:33 ( ID:waufv9in1oa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode QuickTime DV streams to MPEG2 with TMPGEnc Plus (just registered yesterday in the hope that it would make my problem go away). Anyway these files are between 10 and 50 minutes in length and range from around 2Gb to 12Gb. I've also tried transcoding them to PhotoJPG first before running them through TMPGEnc with no further success.
The problem is that TMPGEnc quits around 300 frames into the encode. The machine appears to be thrashing then it just quits without warning.
I've got the QTReader.vfp plugin, I can see the vision progressing quite rapidly until it gets to around the 280-300 frame mark, then it finally slows down and quits.
The box is a dual processor 700MHz P3 with 300Mb of RAM running Windows 2000.
Any clues?

- jaems

Negge  Home )  2002-04-17 22:27:19 ( ID:t.pdb7megpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have the same prblem with many avi-files. TMPEG Quits wihout warning. OS is W2K

Question - TE25 - GOP Header problem with DVDit No.18439
speedgod619  2002-04-09 01:26:05 ( ID:2eiq7a.cwyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encoding and playback goes fine however, when i go to burn the file using DVDit, the error message i am getting is "must have sequence header with every GOP header" . Can someone help me with this? Maybe my settings are wrong ?

1belkin1  2002-04-09 13:09:42 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem, come on people help us out.

Sebastian Smith  Home )  2002-04-09 15:06:41 ( ID:6iqfuxykoj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,

I had the same problem until I let the wizard set up a dummy project for me. I looked at the settings it creates and noticed that two parameters I was assuming could use the defaults in fact could not. Under the "GOP Structure" tab in "Settings", set "Output interval of seqquence header" to "1" and "MAX number of frames in a GOP" to "18". That fixed the problem for me. I still can't get a 2-pass encode to work. Any ideas on that one?

Bgregory  2002-04-10 04:51:50 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey i am having a problem with dvdit as well it is saying the same thing that the gop structers sequence header isn't right i tried changing toa few settings and nothing is working what should i do? Please Help

DJDaux  2002-04-14 07:48:52 ( ID:dsx2e1szf7k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems we are all having the same problem with the GOP headers using DVDit. If any of you get this figured out, please let me know. Thanks

DJDaux

scottneeb  2002-04-19 15:58:54 ( ID:dj9c1ogolsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was having the same problem using DVDit. I installed Dazzle's DVD Comlete and used the same videos with no problems. I've been creating DVD's with no problem ever since.

Question - TE25 - How to Register? No.18436
mlewus  2002-04-09 01:08:50 ( ID:glbnvxemyic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to register at pegasys.com and the credit card app appears to be broken. It takes name/phone/email, verifies same, then fails to load the next screen (presumably where you enter the credit card). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another way to register? My copy of 2.53 is going to run out of trial in less than a week, and I am getting frantic.

Thanks

Mark

SP  2002-04-09 14:41:19 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wrong place to ask such question, go to :
www.pegasys-inc.com

Keith Olson  2002-04-17 15:34:45 ( ID:gmhhq9as0ck )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had problems paying too. Turns out I had input

Keith D. Olson

as my name, and it would not work until I changed that to

Keith Olson

Just leaving out the initial and period.

Question - TE25 - What should I do ? No.18431
Monte-Cristo  2002-04-08 23:41:47 ( ID:ssmowfnaotm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a movie in .avi and DivX. I can't encode it in .mpg with TMPGEnc presumably because it is the version 5 of DivX. What can I do to burn it to a video CD ? Is there an alternative ? If someone can help I'd appreciate it.

sherlock  2002-04-09 02:02:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can try to encode it to divx3 or 4 with "virtua dub" this should work but I haven"t tried it,well not with divx5,I try to stay clear of divx5 cuz it is the worst developement in encodeing technoligy there ever was.....

Ashy  2002-04-09 14:37:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't have and never had have this problem with Divx 5, so I can only assume it's a configuration problem and not a fault of the codec itself.
Having said that the simple way would be to remove the DiVx codec and install DiVx 4.12 as this codec has the ability to decode all DiVx content including DiVx 5 and then open the file in TMPG or if that doesn't work frameserve it to TMPG with Virtualdub.

ASHY

Jean Valjean  2002-04-10 15:41:50 ( ID:ubb1hmdbayc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
Thanks for your comments. I went on the DivX site and I can't find the 4.12 version. Do you know where I could find it. They seem to have only DivX 5. Thanks.

Ashy  2002-04-10 18:22:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.supersportscards.com/UPLOADS/DivX412Codec.exe

Question - TE25 - Problems tryn to correct audio/video sync No.18428
Harry Lenord  2002-04-08 22:36:41 ( ID:y0nrdksbyfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted divx avi to mpg, thought it was ok, so i deleted the avi. Now im left with the movie with the first half with no probs, but later in the movie it just goes out of sync. Ive cut the sync problem out and de-multiplex'd it. Now i cant figure out how to add more time on the .mp2 file so when i multiplex it, it will sync up. Is there a program that will edit .mp2 files?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

sherlock  2002-04-09 02:22:06 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can try to increase the frame rate but it is a tricky opperation,but you are pretty well screwed......

Ashy  2002-04-09 15:00:42 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You're going to need MPEG2VCR.
This program will allow you to add or remove a delay when you multiplex the video and audio together.
Works a treat.
Don't worry if you cant choose the MPEG1 VCD option when you multiplex just choose the MPEG1 systems option then run it through TMPG simple multiplex option, choosing the same file for Video and audio and choose Mpeg1 Video cd as your 'TYPE'

http://emil.alarmix.org/alwarez/womble.exe

Ashy

Question - TE25 - white book? No.18424
Paul  2002-04-08 21:58:09 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I am going to use phillips vcd toolkit to author vcds. I have read an article that says that it will only accept white book mpegs and that tmpgenc does not create these 100%, it creates files that are compatible but not 110% white books standard. I have also read that you can solve this by demuxing the file created and remuxing with the toolkits mux. If some body, ANYBODY can tell me a definite answer I would muchly appreciate it.
Thanks

PS dont stop replying if you see someone else has replied, I need to know an answer.

sherlock  2002-04-09 02:34:11 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the easy answer is to use a a different program to author vcd"s,I personally would not use a program that was that picky,Is you dvd/vcd player as picky as your authoring program?if it isn"t use a different authoring program,the good thing no great thing about useing a program that does not need 100% vcd compliant mpeg"s is you can raise the bit rate and there for raise the quality,cuz the quality of 100% compliant vcd"s is less that desireable,I make my vcd"s with 200% the bit rate of standard compliant vcd"s and they have the quality of svcd"s.......this probably the answer you are looking for but it is the right answer,unless you have a dvd/vcd player that is picky,my player costs less than $100 and it plays every thing...so think about it......sherlock

Report  2002-04-09 13:28:29 ( ID:ap4aiokjg1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Paul, what you have said is quite right, tmpgenc VCD .mpgs are not accepted by toolkit and need to be demuxed then muxed with the utility supplied with vcd2tk (or another compatible muxer like DVMPEG)

Ashy  2002-04-09 13:59:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sherlock is absolutely right.
There is no reason for an MPEG1 file to be absolute white book standard as these standards are intended for VCD players and not DVD players.
DVD players are inherently variable bitrate machines and therefore will accept a bitrate lower or higher than the standard.
It seems pointless to me creating a vcd at the standard bitrate ( which quite frankly isn't that good ) when you can up the bitrate and use that extra space on an 80min disk that usually gets wasted. Like Sherlock says you can practically double the bitrate and increase the quality two fold.

If you need a VCD authoring program and you don't want to use Nero. Try VCDEASY. I used to use NERO, but have moved over to this excellant program which is not only free, but probably one of the best and easiest programs to use and allows you to do all sorts including adding stills and burning chapter points.
Check it out.
http://www.vcdhelp.com/DVDConversionGuide/index.php?id=dvdtovcd4c.html#VCDEasy
http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcdeasyhowto.htm

ASHY

Question - TE25 - really bad sync problems????????? No.18417
sherlock  2002-04-08 21:40:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK,I have done about 150 movies and not one single movie has come out properly,the video looks great and the audio sounds great,but they wont sync up even if my life depended on it,I have tried to speed up the video but that doesn"t work cuz the the amount of de-sync changes from a few seconds to up to 15 minutes,the problem seems to lie with d2v files cuz I don"t have this problem when I convert the vob"s to avi.,and it could be with "tmpgenc" project files for batch encodeing.......is there a method that would solve these problems?the sync problems have seemed to gotten worse since I started doing dvd rips to mpeg2/svcd........I don"t have this problem when I use "Cinema Craft SP" but I have other problems with it like buffer under flow....can any one help?

Rip  2002-04-09 05:46:01 ( ID:qjxzzlnzbaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Start with the latest vers. of smart ripper....

I use flaskmpeg to convert the vobs to an avi -- latest version works great version 0.6... it runs about 25 fps (2hours for a 2hour movie)......on m p4 1.7Gig...

I split the avi with virtualDub into 2 parts...takes about 4 minutes..

Then I use TmpgEnc vers 2.53.35.130 with the svcd temlplate to build the mpg..

burn with nero 5.5.6.3 using the svcd template....

absolutely flawless my living room dvd player... no sink problems....

And great video quality............Rip...

sherlock  2002-04-09 06:26:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the latest version of smart ripper,and I dont have problems when I convert to avi,but the whole purpose of haveing dvd2avi is so you don"t have to make a avi., just use the d2v file,and dvd2avi makes avi."s at about 20fps on my 800mhz system.......

Ashy  2002-04-09 11:34:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sherlock I used to have A/V sync probs myself and have tried all sorts of methods to correct this. The method I have now is the fastest and NEVER gives me A/V sync probs.
It's up to you give it a go if you want, but you already know my methods work.

1. Start with the latest version of Smartripper and rip your movie.

2. Open the d2v in TMPG and do the usual encoding, but make sure you choose Video only. If your gonna frameserve to CCE then choose the DVD template, but unlock it and make sure you change the framesize and change the settings to 'video only'.
Tip: before you encode clip out any black borders just past the line where they meet the movie. It is where the black borders meet the edge of the movie that takes up a lot of bitrate as this is a complicated part to encode.

3.Once you have your Video, now do the audio.

4. Using VOB2AUDIO (I know u said u had probs, but I can't understand this because there are no settings you really need to change) find the Voblist file with a .lst extension and open it. Choose the first audio stream, usually Ac3,0x80,Sprache,English then choose your 'Target' and save it as a wav then click 'Start'.

5. After you have created your wav download a program called MPEGDJ ENCODER
http://www.xaudio.de/pages/encoder.html
Start it up and and goto Options>setup ancd click the 'Codec' tab. Change the settings to the ones below.

MPEG Layer: MPEG 1 Layer II (Mp2)
Bitrate: 224
Samplerate: 44100
Channel Mode: Stereo
Untick Normalizing.

Back in the main window click the 'Wave encoder' tab and find your wav then drag it into the bottom window. Click encode.

6. Multiplex the Audio and Video together using MPEG tools in TMPG.

7. Split the movie and burn at 4x (important) no higher.

If you try it let me know how you fare.

ASHY.

Ashy  2002-04-09 11:49:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

R.E RIP.

FlaskMPEG is pretty slow.
MPEG2AVI is much faster. Usually runs at 34-35fps on my P4 1.7ghz.
Give this cracking program a try RIPITALL which uses MPEG2AVI and all the other best encoding binaries.
http://www.megagames.com/console/cd/ripitall.zip

ASHY

sherlock  2002-04-09 22:28:16 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx Ashy, I"ll try your first sudgestion,but with vod2audio it freezes as soon as I open it,and rip it all doesn"t read my divx codec.I have tried to download them multiple times but I"ll try again...but I think my sync problems might come from useing the "source range" option ..I use it because the merge and cut allways freezes on me....and the "source range" on cce does wierd things like it will do the passes for the part that I want to encode but then when it comes to encodeing it does the whole movie instead of the part that I want it to do,which wouldnt be so bad but it has only doen the passes for the first part so I get buffer underflow for that rest of the movie,if I could only find a mpeg cutter my problems would be solved......

Ashy  2002-04-10 11:45:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like you've got some serious compatability issues there Sherlock and they all seem to stem from the same thing.
It sounds as if you may have a corrupted Directshow engine.

My advice, if you haven't done this already, would be to reinstall DirectX 8.
If that doesn't fix your problems then I would go for a full reinstall of Windows because even though DirectX will re-install it still doesn't update corrupted files sometimes (and that is from experience).
The issues you're having seem as if you are having compatability problems or conflicts somewhere.
If you do a re-install of Windows, try not to go crazy and whack a load of codecs on there you probably don't need. Try installing the programs and only the codecs you need first to see if they work ok and then install more codecs.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - audio sync probs No.18415
simmo  2002-04-08 20:57:01 ( ID:pgpodrwiylm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone help? having bad audio sync problems when burning to dvd-r.
i am using the standard dvd pal template and then authoring with ulead dvd movie factory and/or sonic dvdit se but still the same .
video quality is superb but audio go,s adrift after about 10 mins,but when previewing the file before burning there are no signs of sync probs throughout the movie? can anyone help.

Techno  Home )  2002-04-08 21:09:19 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if audio is faster than video then increase the video frame rate
if audio is slower than video then lower the video frame rate

make sure the audio is 44100hz

Techno

Bug report - TE25 - multiplexing in mpeg tools No.18414
puffdanny  2002-04-08 20:09:15 ( ID:zflmd8qqo36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,
i want to "simple multiplex" a mpeg file that i have (500meg)
i go in the MPEG tools,
then i choose "MPEG-1 Video-CD", i enter my file, then i click run,
i work fine but it stop at 50% (240meg) without any error message!

i have downloaded the latest version 2.53.35.130

what can i do to convert the entire file?

Question - TE25 - Request for 2.51 No.18413
Quaid  2002-04-08 18:52:22 ( ID:r.qszuxkgdk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used TMPG 2.51 to convert an avi file to MPEG 1 (PAL) and it worked superbly firstime round on my DVD player (Scan 2000). After installing 2.53 none of my current conversions work on my DVD player but work fine on my PC. Does anyone know where I can find TMPG 2.51 or what is wrong with 2.53?

Thanks
Q

Question - TE25 - Conflicts with VideoPack 5.1 And TMPGEnc No.18412
Tom  2002-04-08 18:37:05 ( ID:ka8dfgcouhw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone useing VideoPack 5.0 to 5.1? I can't access any of my .mpg files with TMPGEnc anymore just my AVI files. I've changed the options in the vpr. enviromental settings but when I access the file it closes TMPG down and then returns to the old settings. There seems to be a conflict between the two of them. Any help here would be appreciated.
Tom

Bug report - TE25 - Tmpg2.5.3 VCD mpeg errors No.18411
Report  2002-04-08 18:22:16 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using tmpgenc 12a without problems for vcd (PAL) GOP12, vidrate 1152000, but in this version (2.5.3) I get error blocks and corruption at a few points (less than 1%) in the mpeg, but ONLY on my DVD player (Hitachi DVP250), it plays fine in Windows and on my CD-i player. I have only tried with 1 mpeg/VCD (64min) so far.

Also, isn't it time the VCD mpegs were Philips VCD2TK compliant straight away without demux/remux with toolkit?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.