Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 937 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Stream Type chuling 0 2002-04-14 06:03:48
Question TE25 Error message N 0 2002-04-14 05:05:43
Question TE25 Problems with Merge and Cut Yogi 5 2002-04-14 16:50:19
Question TE25 No display on the preview screen Nc137 1 2002-04-14 09:52:34
Question TE25 DV interlacing stefany 2 2002-04-14 02:29:17
Question TE25 Simple Multiplex lasher10 1 2002-04-14 17:42:58
Question TE25 Pinnacle MJPEG capture in Studio and TMPGEnc ktrek 1 2002-04-18 04:00:07
Question TE25 Frame Rate Problem In TMPGEnc 2.53 Jsn0690 4 2002-04-15 04:59:40
Question TE25 problem with vcds that were once avi's matt s 3 2002-04-13 22:48:40
Question TE25 Convert m2v Files dquill 1 2002-04-13 20:23:40
Question TE25 Mpeg file getting huge Nicks 4 2002-04-15 09:45:56
Question TE25 Audio Decoding Error Bmundt 4 2002-04-13 19:08:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 937 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Stream Type No.18938
chuling  2002-04-14 06:03:48 ( ID:dcexyb8qsrm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a pretty stupid and pointless question, but still need an answer.

Of the 5 stream types, 3 are system and the other 2 are just Video Only and Audio Only. My question is what is the difference of those that are system, and those that arent, and what is the "system's" purpose.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give or any links that have the answer(s) to my question.

Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Error message No.18937
N  2002-04-14 05:05:43 ( ID:wc4ui0rblan )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I push start, I get an error saying can't load p3package.dll? What does this mean. My OS is Windows ME.
Thanks
N

Question - TE25 - Problems with Merge and Cut No.18931
Yogi  2002-04-14 02:33:05 ( ID:dbrvpff4jih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have problems with merge and cut. I use tmpgenc for encoding into a single large mpg file, but when i go into and try to cut it into smaller bits then it doesn't work:
I select the file and the output file then when the window pops up to select the range i cannot move the little knob at the bottom. At this moment it freezes and hangs and I have to get out of TMpgenc.

I have tried this twice now - on two different mpg files and it still doesn't work

Please help!

Yogi

Bruno  2002-04-14 04:05:15 ( ID:1w1ljrqntqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem and I'm not able to fix (and tried to re-install and ...).

I found that if you enter directly the time in the RANGE and TO boxes, it works.

Hope this can help.

Yogi  2002-04-14 05:17:37 ( ID:dbrvpff4jih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried that....the darn thing freezes on me once i try to enter the range

any other thoughts.
thx for your help
yogi

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-14 08:49:57 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm to bad for you, maby a operating system problem.

You have to try BBmpg then.

Get it here or on the links somewhere.

http://doom9.net

/Regards Dennis

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Ex@ñЀr»E_)-,.-~*´¨  2002-04-14 16:24:36 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem with Merge & Cut:
I am running WindowsXP Professional and have found TMPGEnc to work just fine except for the Merge and Cut options

I have been playing two versions - TMPGEnc-2.53.35.130, and TMPGEnc-2.01.30.116

In both versions I get the read error message: "At address 73F91d04, Read error occured against address 73F91D04" (it doesn't matter wether I enter the values in the range box manually or use the slider)

Has anyone else running XP had this problem??

The only way I have found to work around this is my XP computer is networked to a p166 running Windows 98SE

Using file sharing I can read and write to the XP's drive within version 2.01 (as the drive in the p166 is only 1.2 gig) and it runs fine (you can imagine it would take a long time to run a full length VCD)

However, when I try to open any mpg through the network with version 2.53, I get a "cannot open file" error

Any help with this problem would be apprecieated

Techno  Home )  2002-04-14 16:50:19 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

right, u can ignore the message, I think it is a bug.

is it MPEG2 files u r trying to open? If so, download and install the LIGOS filters.

Techno

Question - TE25 - No display on the preview screen No.18929
Nc137  2002-04-14 02:18:29 ( ID:24zbupfxumc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to encode an avi movie but when encoding there is no video display in the preview windows. Even I try change the setting to "show all frame", after decoding the mpeg file I got is also without video only with audio. What am I doing wrong?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-14 09:52:34 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if it is DIVX 5 it is not supported.

unnistall DIVX 5 codec

install DIVX v4.11 or v4.12 codec

then encode, it should show video and audio.

Tehno

Question - TE25 - DV interlacing No.18926
stefany  2002-04-14 00:42:36 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am transfering video from my Sony digital cam to DV format. It seems that the avi file is showing jagged edges on stills(in action)....why is this....

If I dvd it or vcd it I will change it butI want my master good showing quality.
what gives?

thanks

Techno  Home )  2002-04-14 09:51:38 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what settings are you using to capture?

use these settings:

NO RECOMPRESSION
YU12
320*240
Cd quality audio
25/30fps

then convert to MPEG / VCD / SVCD / DVD

Make sure you have NTFS because this will take alot of hdd space, but VERY HIGH QUALITY.

Techno

robbackus  2002-04-14 02:29:17 ( ID:mymmrykaalj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you rest the priorities.

Question - TE25 - Simple Multiplex No.18924
lasher10  2002-04-13 23:59:25 ( ID:xspogjq9dqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to use the Simple Multiplex tool to convert a SVCD mpeg to a VCD mpeg. This way I am fooling my DVD player into thinking the Video CD is a VCD but it is actually SVCD quality. My DVD player won't read SVCD. It works great except for one problem. When converting an 800 meg mpg2 file using Simple Multiplex I keep getting an error (326746s packets cause buffer underflow. The Mpeg file might cause error when it player) When this happens it cuts the conversion off at 725 meg. Help!!
Jason

Ashy  2002-04-14 17:42:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't be fooling your player into thinking it's a VCD by running it through the simple multiplex option as VCD.
You would have to burn this as a SVCD using your burning software. Running it through the simple mutiplex option merely changes the header info and doesn't alter the file in anyway, it will still be MPEG2 which is SVCD.
Your player must therefore be able to play SVCD otherwise it wouldn't play at all as there are fundamental differences between MPEG1 and MPEG2 which would prevent it from playing.
Your technique must be the reason your SVCD's don't play and as a quirk you have somehow managed to get your player to accept the file by running it through the VCD option in TMPG.

Please post the specs of the file you are burning and the options you choose in your burning software and the DVD player you have as this has got me interested.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Pinnacle MJPEG capture in Studio and TMPGEnc No.18922
ktrek  2002-04-13 23:30:43 ( ID:gooqlhrp3wo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1.3 gighz AMD Athalon using to 40 gig hds on separate IDEs. 512RAM and Pinnacles DC10Plus capture card using Pinnacles Stuio software.

I have been told that the MJPEG that studio creates in the capture mode can be converted by TMPGEnc by instally the VFAPI. Which I did. I have set Direct Show to a higher priority and still I get an error message in TMPGEnc. What am I doing wrong. They say that the MJPEG is NOT proprietary and others on their website have been able to use it. Otherwise I have to re-encode to their DV encoder and then run through TMPGEnc to make my mpegs. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! You have no idea how much time I have spent on this. Thanks in advance!
Ktrek

Gillette  2002-04-18 04:00:07 ( ID:iqvawmpsdt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc encodes AVI files, only. I use Studio 7.13.5 Make Movie to AVI, then using TMPGEnc, I encode the AVI file to MPEG2. It works for me.

Question - TE25 - Frame Rate Problem In TMPGEnc 2.53 No.18917
Jsn0690  2002-04-13 21:35:36 ( ID:ep4eles1/m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am having a little problem with the VCD file after its encoded from .AVI to .MPG with TmpgEnc 2.53. It seems to be happening with every movie that i encode. At some parts of the movie the video will slow down for 2-3 secs then it will speed back up! The audio seems to stay at a constant rate but the video is the part giving me the problems. I'm not sure if its a bug in TMPGEnc 2.53 or not. At first i thought that nero was doing it when it was burning the cd, but when i try to watch the .MPG file on my computer and goto the parts where it slows down at, it does the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, does anyone know if there's a program that will scan threw a Divx or VCD file and will make sure that the frame rate is constant threw the entire movie? Any help would be appreciated!

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 21:38:26 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, if u r wanting to check for "errors" in the video use virtualdub (www.virtualdub.org)

I do not understand much, are you saying that there is a a/v synch prob?

if it is going in jerks, make sure that the original file was fine

Also, save the audio as a wav, using virtualdub.

load the wav and the video together in TMPGENC and make sure the frame rate is 25/29.97

Techno

sherlock  2002-04-14 11:30:51 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this problem all the time with vcd"s but when I tried uping the bitrate and burning it on a slower speed ,the jerkyness seemed to go away a bit ,but it seems to be there all the time , mostly at high motion parts,svcd"s don"t seem to be as bad.....

gbagman37  2002-04-15 01:54:26 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have this problem viewing Mpeg on your puter or on a finished VCD watching on your standalone player? If it is not on your fininshed VCD, then you could have too many programs running in the background, or maybe you need to defrag. I find that deleting alot of large files creates the need to defrag every couple of days. If you don't turn your computer off ever, you also might just have to reboot before testing MPEG

Jsn0690  2002-04-15 04:59:40 ( ID:ep4eles1/m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What i'm saying is that at certain parts of the movie the video will go slow and then speed up. but the process is only like a 2 sec process. then the movie goes back to normal. Its only the video though. the audio stays the same threw out the movie. And when the video goes back to normal it catches back up in exact sync with the audio. It has to be during the encodeing because when i view the mpg file on my computer it has the same lagging at the same parts as the finished vcd that i play in my dvd player. I do decode the audio useing Virtual dub so that the encodeing time will be cut in half. What i'm wondering is if the problem is in TMPGEnc version 2.53 because the encodes that i've done with earlier versions haven't given me this problem.

Question - TE25 - problem with vcds that were once avi's No.18913
matt s  2002-04-13 21:01:18 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have made some vcd's before using tmpg as a tool for converting mpgs to ntsc format and the vcds have so far turned out ok, however, recently i tried converting an avi to an mpg using tmpg, then burning it as a vcd and it doesnt read on my dvd player. I have done this a few times with everything properly set up and there is always a problem with vcd's that were once avi's, can anyone help?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 21:07:53 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hmmm.... This should not happen. What version of TMPGENC are you using? What version did u use before this problem happened?

Maybe your DVD Player does not support "Cheap" CD's.

let us know the first details

Techno

bravo70  2002-04-13 22:04:17 ( ID:5pmsugg7qbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try different CDs. I bought a lens cleaner and switched to Memorex CD-R. Other CDs did not work in my DVD player. If you download a VCD Player for your computer, the VCD will probably work.

>I have made some vcd's before using tmpg as a tool for converting mpgs to ntsc format and the vcds have so far turned out ok, however, recently i tried converting an avi to an mpg using tmpg, then burning it as a vcd and it doesnt read on my dvd player. I have done this a few times with everything properly set up and there is always a problem with vcd's that were once avi's, can anyone help?

matt s  2002-04-13 22:48:40 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually this was not a problem with tmpg but rather with nero, I have it working now thanks for the help

Question - TE25 - Convert m2v Files No.18911
dquill  2002-04-13 20:15:50 ( ID:umfik.mhmoc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert a couple m2v files into mpg. The program seems to work fine with the exception that it cuts off the video to about 300 frames. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 20:23:40 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure that the source range filter in the advanced settings is not ticked.

if it isn't, try using it,

goto the first frame, then hit start frame
goto the last frame, then hit end frame and hit ok and encode.

This should solve it

Techno

Question - TE25 - Mpeg file getting huge No.18906
Nicks  2002-04-13 19:28:44 ( ID:./23aisf85j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to convert an .avi with SVCD (PAL) template and the file is about 750 Mb. The Wizard in TmpGEnc tells me that the mpeg file is to be about 5.7 GB's!!. When I encode other avi's they ended up to 1.2 -1.4 GB's. What can I do to make it smaller? The avi is in 576 x 240 resolution and 23,976 fps.

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 19:56:41 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

firstly, try to reduce the res, to 320*240 or 352*288, this will NOT lose quality.

make sure that the motion search estimate is set to the last option (fast)

set vbv buffer to 224 *YES IT WILL PLAY FINE ON ANY DVD PLAYER!!!!!!!!*

once you have loaded a template/went through the wizard, dont encode it straight away, load the unlock.mcf template and then do these settings. Make sure audio is 44100Hz.

in the advanced settings, use th source range filter:

move to the first frame and hit start frame.

move to the last frame and hit last frame

click ok and encode

this should give less time and less file size.

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-14 18:16:04 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file size TMPG is quoting must be an error as there is no way that the file is going to be anywhere near that size using the SVCD template.
Either the template is corrupt or you are choosing an incorrect setting or it's a very very long movie and as the original file size is only 750mb I dont think it's this reason.
Another point is, if you reduce the resolution to 320*240, regardless of what Techno states you *WILL* lose some quality. It is natural for this to happen and the other point is that it MAY not play in your DVD player due to the fact the resolution is not standard for SVCD.
What Techno needs to learn is, what may work on his DVD player may not work on another as it certainly wont work on mine. It all depends on the tolerance of your DVD player.
Also the other thing I would point out (and this is definitely *NOT* my advice) is that if your file is going to be 5.7gb then just cut it in half before you burn it and make sure that both parts are under 80mins playing time because according to professor Techno no matter what size your file is, as long as it's under 80 mins it will fit on a CDR!!!!!!!! (laugh if you want)

My advice is, if you want to take the advice of someone who doesn't test his own theories first before giving out shaky advice to other people, would be to test it on a CDRW first.

ASHY

Ashy  2002-04-14 18:23:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and one other thing i must correct Mr. Techno Einstein on.
If you change the Motion search precision to fast this will in fact INCREASE the file size slightly. This is due to the fact that the slower method allocates the bitrate better thus producing a smaller file size. If you need evidence of this try it with a 5min test file on both the fasest and slowest method and see which one gives you the smallest file size then make your OWN decision as to which one is best use.

ASHY

Nicks  2002-04-15 09:45:56 ( ID:nvd4eseigec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying with the new settings on a CDRW ;-)
Thanks both of you.

/ Nicks

Question - TE25 - Audio Decoding Error No.18901
Bmundt  2002-04-13 18:07:41 ( ID:11woevyb5zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a DIVX file to MPG in order to create a VCD. When I select the file for the Video, the Audio portion is automatically selected. When I attempt to start the decoding, I get an Error Message that says "An error occurred when audio was decoded". I do not have any file size limitations and it seems to select the same file (.AVI) as the Video, but when I attempt to decode, I get this message. Any hints? Thanks,

Bruce

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 18:14:49 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use virtualdub to open the avi

Goto audio > full processing mode
goto audio > compression and select no compression (PCM)

then goto file > save as wav and save it

then load the wav and the video in TMPGENC and it should encode.

Techno

Bmundt  2002-04-13 18:17:04 ( ID:11woevyb5zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is Virtualdub a program available on the Net or a sub-program of TMPGE?

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-13 18:33:56 ( ID:a1gdtat1r4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can probably find links here...

Use virtual dub or msgraph to extract and UNPACK audio wav file.

http://doom9.net

:)

Techno  Home )  2002-04-13 19:08:57 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

www.virtualdub.org

Techno

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.