Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 837 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 DVD2AVI produces Horizontal lines Donald 2 2002-06-09 11:35:01
Question TE25 Split 1mpeg2 file into more the one User 2 2002-06-08 20:19:10
Question TE25 Dolby or 3d sound djrainer 3 2002-06-10 16:37:37
Question TE25 Ilegal floating decimal point calculation order matrus 1 2002-06-09 17:36:22
Question TE25 Long Encode Times John 5 2002-06-10 23:36:25
Request TE25 Resume partial and other question marck 4 2002-06-08 23:39:09
Question TE25 merge and cut prob jerry 3 2002-06-08 16:40:13
Question TE25 buying the unlimited product mscott 1 2002-06-08 07:17:52
Question TE25 AVI unsupported? sashow 1 2002-06-08 07:25:23
Question TE25 file unsupported msg udsyde 1 2002-06-08 07:15:04
Question TE25 Various Encoding Issues: out of memory, files that go on forever Webeye 3 2002-06-08 10:27:02
Question TE25 How to convert several movies in a row wille 2 2002-06-07 22:39:22

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 837 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - DVD2AVI produces Horizontal lines No.22964
Donald  2002-06-08 19:23:03 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy there, i use the smartripper, dvd2avi and tmpgenc to encode moviez. My problem is that DVD2AVI produces horizontal lines. Why?

Minion  2002-06-08 21:08:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those "Horizontal lines" are called "interlace lines" you can try to make them look not as prevailant by useing the "De-interlace" setting in the "advanced" tab under "settings".Just double click on the "de-interlace" filter and a window will pop up and there will be a drop down menu with a whole bunch of different de-interlace options, move the slider till you get to a part where there is a lot of lines showing and go through the settings till you find the one that seems to work best.....

ASHY  2002-06-09 11:35:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the ForcedFILM option in DVD2AVI when you create the d2v file to return the movie back to it's progressive state.

Have a look on www.vcdhelp.com for more info about this.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Split 1mpeg2 file into more the one No.22961
User  2002-06-08 18:06:55 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please can someone tell me step by step, how to use the merge and cut mpeg tool.
I want to split one file into two or maybe more.

Donald  2002-06-08 19:30:21 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hy, you have to open tmpgenc and the "mepg Tools". Choose " merge & cut" and load the movie you want to split with the "add"-button. No click "edit" and you'll get a new window. Now you have to choose your start-point, using the bar under the movie-bar. The click the "["-Botton. Go to end of the first part and click "]". Now only "OK" and choose the Output. "run" and it will work. Now you only have to do the same with the second part.

Much fun.

User  2002-06-08 20:19:10 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you , I will try it

Question - TE25 - Dolby or 3d sound No.22957
djrainer  2002-06-08 17:30:31 ( ID:8pumounkuh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys

How can i add 3d or dolby sound..?????

Minion  2002-06-08 21:03:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can multiplex "ac3 dolby digital" with an mpeg2 file but you will have to use a different multiplexor, the one in "bbmpeg" supports "AC3" audio ,But if you are trying to add "DTS" "Dolby Theater Sound" there is no way as of yet to add this format to mpeg"s with any software i know of..

ASHY  2002-06-09 17:35:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What Minion says is possible, but the file will only play correctly on your PC. SVCD or VCD doesn't support Ac3 audio, so it is most likely you won't hear the audio on your DVD player.

Most programs like DVD2AVI and VOB2AUDIO can downmix this Ac3 track to Dolby Prologic anyway, so you are still getting Dolby surround sound, but only the Prologic version not Dolby digital.

ASHY

djrainer  2002-06-10 16:37:37 ( ID:tvhkdl5rpt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yo than ks alot guys

Question - TE25 - Ilegal floating decimal point calculation order No.22955
matrus  2002-06-08 16:50:44 ( ID:qd2evtn.5al )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

salve a tutti

ho un problema con tmpeg sopra descritto
il programma parte ma dopo alcuni minuti mi da l'errore
ILLEGAL FLOATING DECIMAL POINT CALCULATION ORDER
qualcuno che sa l'italiano puo spiegarmi come risolvere il problema?

grazie

ASHY  2002-06-09 17:36:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Top right > Search> DECIMAL

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Long Encode Times No.22949
John  2002-06-08 15:54:56 ( ID:nwosmamnqam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to TMPGEnc and trying to encode a complex project a little over 2 hours long with several hundred clips for use by DVDit!PE or ReelDVD. I followed the Rui del-Negro tutorial and used the DVD NTSC settings with 2 passes, average=4200, max=7000, min=2000, highest quality, I=1, P=3, B=2, GOP max=15, output closed GOP disabled, detect scene change enabled and force picture type disabled. On my 2.4 GHz P4 with 512MB memory, the encode time (it's still going!) will be over 50 hours. I have a few questions for the many experts I've seen on this board:
Is this encode time normal?
If not, what did I do wrong?
If so, are there things that can be done to shorten it without reducing quality much?
For a project with lots of clips and scene changes, what settings would likely produce the best quality?
Thanks for your help,

John

Minion  2002-06-08 21:00:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Two hours of video encoded into mpeg on your system shouldn"t take more than 6 hours in 2 pass mode,How are you encodeing these several hunderd clips?Are they avi files or are they bmp images?are you encodeing several seperate clips and joining them with the "merge & cut" feature..I have no Idea why it is takeing so long but you can get pretty much the same quality with less than half the encodeing time if you used a "CQ" encodeing method..But try downloading and installing "tmpgenc" again and see if that helps cuz with you super fast system you should be able to encode 2 hours of video less than 6 hours ,hell on my 800mhz system I can do 2 hours in about 12 hours and that is a little long for me.....

John  2002-06-09 01:03:12 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion,

Thanks for your (encouraging) reply. The program I am encoding was prepared in Premiere 6.01. It consists of a lot of video clips (with audio) put together in Premiere with a large number of transitions. I am using TMPGEnc through the AVISynth frame server from the Premiere timeline. It took Ligos about 9 hours to encode it and it did a pretty good job (though the bit rate I picked produced a file that was too large). I don't know why it is taking so long either but it now says it will be about 54 hours (the time remaining value has been useless - it first said it would take 15 hours and has steadily been losing time!). I am concerned that the combination of the GOP structure and the bit rate made it a difficult combination to encode. I may also have made some other error in the parameters but it does seem to be running normally. Any further thoughts on what I did to make it take so long?

Thanks for your help and advice,

John

Minion  2002-06-09 06:33:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think that you long encodeing times are due to the frame serveing through avi synth,frame serveing allways make the encodeing take twice as long, maybe try setting up your frame server again or try frame serving with virtua dub,but if you can uncompress your avi file and load it directly in tmpgenc you will get faster results and im sure you would save time even takeing in to account the time it takes to uncompress your avi file or compress it into a direct show format or a vfw format..

ASHY  2002-06-09 11:56:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using the 'Highest' quality setting in TMPG, this is one of the reasons it's taking so long. The 'highest' quality setting always drastically increases the encoding time. You could halve that time by reducing it to just 'High' and it won't make a jot of difference to the image quality.
Really, I have done tests regarding this and the 'highest' quality setting has no image quality advantage over 'high' quality except for the fact it doubles your encode time.

ASHY

John  2002-06-10 23:36:25 ( ID:nwosmamnqam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

Thanks, I'll give that a try. It ended up taking 55 hours and seems successful but the quality was not much different than the Ligos full-version plug-in for Premiere which did it in under 9 hours. I still wonder if there are other settings I made that caused it to take so long.

Thanks,

John

Request - TE25 - Resume partial and other question No.22944
marck  2002-06-08 13:34:40 ( ID:9n6xcl8efxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anyway to resume a partially encoded file? My computer has a nasty habit of locking up and shutting down when it sleeps for too long (a problem with Win98se). Being that it takes a long time to encode AVI to MPEG, I never seem to finish a project. I keep restarting and overwriting the last attempt. Is there a way around this?

Also, (this is my first attempt at this, by the way) I noticed that movie length stated by the program just befor I start the encoding is much longer than the actual length of the movie. As stated above, I've yet to complete a project, but is this normal? Does it mean anything?

Paul  2002-06-08 14:50:00 ( ID:cosg728adko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a novice at this myself, but are you saying that your computer goes on s "standby" mode if the keyboard or mouse is not touched after a set period of time? When I started using napster 2 yrs ago and had only a 33kps modem I was lucky to get even a four minute song before the download was terminated by my system going to "sleep". I had to go into the Windows "settings" and adjusted a couple of things (can't quite recall what at the moment) so that the computer never shuts down automatically.
Sorry if I completely misunderstood... I'm basically here looking for scraps of knowledge myself! :-)

Minion  2002-06-08 20:49:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try turning off your screen saver,if that is what you mean by "sleeping"...

ibme  2002-06-08 21:33:21 ( ID:eqogqz.mqyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Is there anyway to resume a partially encoded file? "

Yes, sort of. There may be a more elegant way to do it, but this will get you by for now.

Preserve the partial file by renaming it or changing the name of your output file. Use the SOURCE RANGE feature to find the last frame number of the partial file.
Then use it to find the same frame number in your source file and set that as the start point of the encoding process. Actually you came input the frame number directly into TMPGenc and press the MOVE TO START POINT to check it.
If you need to you can merge the two encoded files later, using the MERGE/CUT feature in MPEG TOOLS.
Also:
To prevent your system from going to sleep mode in the middle of the encoding, go to the Power settings in the Control Panel and change the settings to make sure it doesn't go into standby while you are encoding.
Also, You might also want to change your screensaver. You don't want one that is using your resources. I have mine set to just blank the screen.
You might want to check the settings in your system's BIOS settings to see what the energy settings are set to.

Tomo  2002-06-08 23:39:09 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try going into control panel....power options...and set everything on never...this will stop it going to sleep.

Question - TE25 - merge and cut prob No.22940
jerry  2002-06-08 04:53:42 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

had 5 min. of bad video at the very last of the vcd. I cut the bad sectors then took the 5 min from the original mpeg not formatted to vcd however when I finished multiplexing after cutting there was no sound . This is the same mpeg I used to create the vcd.

Minion  2002-06-08 10:19:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why did you need to multiplex it after cutting?If you would have cut it in "mpeg1-vcd" mode you wouldn"t have had to format it to vcd by multiplexing ,cutting does the same thing,it attaches vcd headers to the mpeg file....

ASHY  2002-06-08 10:59:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Curious? If your source file was already an MPEG then why did you re-encode it?
What do you mean multiplexing after cutting. What did you multiplex, the last 5 minutes with the rest of the MPEG?
If you are trying to join the two together, you should have used the Merge&Cut feature not multiplex. Multiplexing just combines 2 streams into one, such as audio and video stream. I magine twisting 2 pieces of string together, this is what multiplexing does.

ASHY

jerry  2002-06-08 16:40:13 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I probably used the wrong term I said miltiplexing because at the end of the merge and cut process tmpg tells you it is multiplexing. I did use the merge and cut .The original file is not a vcd format I used it to create a vcd and there was a crash at the very last ofit . I took the one formatted for vcd and cut the bad sectors , I took the unformatted video and cut out the sectors that I needed to finnish the vcd. however afterusing mergeand cut there was no sound

Question - TE25 - buying the unlimited product No.22938
mscott  2002-06-08 04:18:29 ( ID:r1uuw7ztgnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay, so I purchased the 48 dollar key to unlock this program. Where do I enter the key to unlockthe program

Minion  2002-06-08 07:17:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you have to download the "Tmpgenc 2.54a Plus" version ,not the demo version,click on the banner below to download the "Plus" version, Then go to "Help" then "Register".....

Question - TE25 - AVI unsupported? No.22936
sashow  2002-06-08 02:42:43 ( ID:fhttknideaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to use TMPGenc to convert my AVI files into MPEG files, however when I browsed the AVI files in the video option of the TMPGenc program, it prompts "cannot open file or file unsupported"; the same AVI files can be browsed in the audio option of the program though. My AVI files were taken by a digital camera "Fujifilm z6800", They can be played normally in Windows Media Player... I guess there is no problem with my AVI files? then what's the problem? Why's it not supported by TMPGenc program?? or what can I do to fix it? Please help!! Thank you.

Minion  2002-06-08 07:25:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look at post "8512" for an answer,but if that dont work then it might have to do with a codec if you used a DV codec to capture to your computer,"Tmpgenc" is only compatable with "Open DML Direct Show" formats and "Video Fow Windows(VFW)"formats, so to get unsuported avi files in you would have to de-compress them to uncompressed avi or encode them to a supported format..

Question - TE25 - file unsupported msg No.22934
udsyde  2002-06-08 01:15:53 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a beginner when it comes to encoding, but tmpg was working fine earlier. Now I'm getting format unsupported errors even trying the same files I had encoded earlier today.

Minion  2002-06-08 07:15:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" raise the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2" by right clicking on it and selecting, and lower everything else to "0"...

Question - TE25 - Various Encoding Issues: out of memory, files that go on forever No.22930
Webeye  2002-06-08 00:50:20 ( ID:.a6zsmzjzen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My first attempts at encoding went perfectly, but since then I've had nothing but problems. All encoding has been done using the Video-CD NTSC (MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps) setting.

I encoded two movies on two machines overnight, and ended up with one that had no sound, and one that was horribly out of sync. I think I've managed to find reasonable solutions to these problems.

But my two latest problems are as follows:

1) I tried to encode a 2 1/2 hour movie last night, and when it started encoding the estimated remaining time was 6 hours. But when I got up this morning, the program had stopped with an "Out Of Memory" error, and the Remaining time was just over 88 hours. So I rebooted the machine (700 MHz Pentium/128 MB RAM/Win 98), and started over. It started off roughly the same, but two hours later, TMPGEnc's only managed to encode around 8 1/2 minutes of the movie, and the estimated time is up to just under 36 hours. The small (35MB) file that had been generated seemed fine, and played correctly. Of course, it was only a few minutes long.

2) I've tried encoding another movie (around 95 minutes long) and it resulted in a file 2GB in size. I tried playing the file, and it was around 4 hours long, with no sound. The first 95 minutes of the file were the (soundless) movie, and everything after that was a still shot of the last frame. I think I can fix the sound part, but I haven't been able to figure out why the file goes on forever. I'd rather not encode another 2GB file, if I can help it. :) Also, this isn't the first time this has happened; on a different computer (1 GHz Pentium/128 MB RAM/Win 98) another movie gave me the same problem earlier, and I just stopped it and didn't bother to continue.

Over the last week I've gone through the first 45 pages of the BBS, and I haven't been able to find answers to either one of these questions. I'm hoping it's something easy to solve, and I just missed it.

Minion  2002-06-08 07:12:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually if the problem is only with certain files then the problem is usually with the file itself,as for the audio not showing up after encodeing ,that is a very common problem and it usually has to do with an incompatible audio format, extracting the audio from your avi to wav usually solves that problem,and encodeing the last frame forever ,there is probably a corrupted frame at the end of the avi from an editing error or something, but you can easily cut off the repeating frame at the end of the mpeg file...

Webeye  2002-06-08 10:18:14 ( ID:.a6zsmzjzen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My biggest concern is the memory issue. I've tried two other files, and they've had the exact same problem. They start off fine, but while it takes a half-hour to encode the first 5 minutes of the file, the next 3 minutes take several hours. And by the time it gets to around 8 1/2 minutes in (after, say 4 hours or so), the program grinds to a halt.

Minion  2002-06-08 10:27:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried un-installing Tmpgenc and then re-downloading it and installing it again ?sometimes that can fix mysterious problems...I am surprised that your computer takes so long to encode, a half an hour to encode 5 minutes is a long time,I get about 20 minutes of mpeg1 per hour on a 800mhz system and about 13 minutes of mpeg2..

Question - TE25 - How to convert several movies in a row No.22927
wille  2002-06-07 22:02:28 ( ID:qxkp34/gc7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i do if i want to "program" tmpgenc so it converts movie after movie,
So i can leave it running over night for example?

ASHY  2002-06-07 22:05:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Create project files from each movie then click File>Batch encode and add all projects and run.

ASHY

wille  2002-06-07 22:39:22 ( ID:qxkp34/gc7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.