Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 773 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 SigmaDesigns XCard SeeMoreDigital 0 2002-07-27 17:05:24
Question TE25 P3Package.dll oatcake 0 2002-07-27 16:27:33
Question TE25 Problem burning spiderman TS-centropy cd 2 & cd 3 Jolle 1 2002-07-27 19:32:20
Question TE25 To ASHY and other regulars Pete Gould 10 2002-07-31 22:35:55
Question TE25 encoding hotwhlz68 1 2002-07-27 13:14:35
Question TE25 Frame rate conversion causes jerky movie Marc 1 2002-07-27 12:30:18
Question TE25 uninstall milton 1 2002-07-27 08:12:23
Question TE25 Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 David Forslund 2 2002-07-27 11:00:49
Question TE25 Audio - DVD2AVI Stewart 4 2002-10-26 16:42:26
Question TE25 John John 1 2002-07-26 23:35:40
Question TE25 I CANT USE TMPGENC Eliman 4 2002-07-27 17:53:35
Bug report TE25 Movie Go Black Dmusicnow 3 2002-07-27 03:50:05

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 773 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - SigmaDesigns XCard No.25642
SeeMoreDigital  2002-07-27 17:05:24 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

Has anybody used SigmaDesigns Xcard to playback their files after ripping them with TMPEnc.

I just wondered what an avi/divx file looked like on a TV screen. The cards specs look pretty good.

Question - TE25 - P3Package.dll No.25641
oatcake  2002-07-27 16:27:33 ( ID:11woevyb5zm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try and encode something an error comes up and it says "can't load P3Package.dll". what does that mean?

Question - TE25 - Problem burning spiderman TS-centropy cd 2 & cd 3 No.25639
Jolle  2002-07-27 14:47:25 ( ID:aiewk5pvpyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

CD 1 works fine, but not 2 & 3.
"can't open or unsupported"

Does anyone have the same problem with spiderman?
Does anyone now have to solve the problem?

I've read similar questions and answers, tried everything but nothing works.

Could it be diffent mpeg versions on the cd's?

Please help me

//Jolle from Sthlm Sweden

ASHY  2002-07-27 19:32:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will need to demultiplex the MPEGs with MPEG2VCR or some other software which isn't to fussy then load the video into TMPG. Don't bother with audio just re-multiplex this back with the re-encoded movie.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - To ASHY and other regulars No.25628
Pete Gould  Home )  2002-07-27 14:03:11 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY,

Newcomers to the board may not be aware that their problem may be documented elsewhere; those who are inexperienced with this kind of support board simply don't know to perform such a search. Scolding them for something they simply didn't think of is not a terribly productive or considerate thing to do.

My own inquiry, made after such a search turned up no information, remains unanswered, leading me to wonder how much help is really available here.

My initial impression after perusing the board for a couple of days is that there seems to be a small clique of knowledgeable users, disdainful of and hostile to newcomers who pose questions the clique believes they should have known to search for. You should rethink that attitude, because if you're hostile to newcomers who didn't know what YOU think they should have, and snap at them when they come here with questions, you'll chase them away from the software altogether. And that hurts everyone, because the software needs an ever-growing userbase to continue development.

Pete

Mark  2002-07-27 15:44:17 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd just like to say that Minion has never snapped at any of my silly questions on here. I've never seen him snap at anyone else either. A very nice "regular" imo.

Stewart  2002-07-27 17:06:55 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have to say that without that small number of people on the BBS who have in-depth knowledge, I would have given up almost before I started. They really got me going and while I am still very new to this technology, I felt confortable enough, after getting a few answers, to buy the PLUS version.

I think TMPGEnc owes many sales to these few "experts". And I, personally, owe them a debt of graditude.

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-27 17:38:47 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Stewart,

I completely agree that a small number of experts can be extremely valuable on a board like this one. In my own field (video editing on Avid Media Composers and Symphonies, design of television postproduction facilities and so forth) I am considered to be such an expert, and am the "voice of experience" in several places like this one. And visitors to such a site, or subscribers to a mailing list, will often ask the same basic questions over and over again because they don't yet know how to use the available resources. Consequently I'm generally pretty kind to newcomers unless they're rude themselves.

But MPEG2 compression is NOT my area of expertise, so here, I'm a newcomer myself. I ask for nothing from the experts here that I do not freely provide elsewhere.

Pete

ASHY  2002-07-27 19:08:11 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Newcomers to the board may not be aware that their problem may be documented elsewhere; those who are inexperienced with this kind of support board simply don't know to perform such a search. Scolding them for something they simply didn't think of is not a terribly productive or considerate thing to do.

If you where to attend this board half as often as I do you would see that the same questions appear over and over again and it it becomes tedious to answer the same question when by doing a simple search the answer would be found. This board has to be one of the most simplistic boards there is and is NOT complicated to use by any means, so your statement of the user simply not knowing how to perform a search is ridiculous as I would have thought it would be common sense as no 'techincal' knowledge is required.

Also it is not my intention to 'scald' anyone, but it is obvious sometimes that the user just hasn't even attempted to do a search and it is my intention to let this particular user know that the other users of this board that may be able to help. Help only those that are willing to help themselves and not the ones who simply can't be 'assed' to look.
An example I see many times is where someone has made a post and it is obvious they haven't even bothered to search as there are similar examples of the post more than once on the same pasge which have been answered.
One example is:
>avi file "can not open, or unsupported"
This has got to be the most asked question on this board and appears almost on every page. A simple flick back through the pages would reveal the answer.

I'm quite willing to help anybody and if it genuinely looks as if the person has tried to find the answer to a regular question, but couldn't then I will happily answer, but I'm not prepared to do the work for lazy so and so's who are quite happy to sit and wait until some kind soul (such as minion) decides to answer yet again.
Also it is these same users that don't even leave a thankyou or show any gratitude for helping with their problem because they can't even be bothered to post a return reply once their problem is solved. It happens and is very annoying.

I attend this board to give genuine help to genuine people and to those people I have no problem with, but the one timers who just drop a post, don't search or even look back through the post can take a running jump, because I'll save my time and experience for those who really do need it.

In conclusion just let me say that in future before you go posting any negative comments about the 'clique' as you call it, stick around this BBS for a while and you will then see how helpful we really are. I know I spend a lot of time trying to help out and I know I'm no one timer. If you did any such research you would notice that majority of the questions will be answered if possible by myself and the others who regularly attend this board many times over.
On a finishing note. How long will you be hanging around?

ASHY

PamMoore  2002-07-27 19:40:16 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI Peter,

I agree completely with you. I too,spent around four hours searching for answers to my problems with this software only to have Ashy tell me that I could find the answer by scrolling the page (which by the way, I still did not find)and that he was tired of giving out the answers to my repetious question. Frankly I would have rather that he not answered me at all then to tell me that. Anyway a suggestion to all the regulars, If you truly want to help but don't want to answer the same questions over and over, why don't you write the answers down on your computer notepad and each time the question is asked, just copy and paste it to the reply section of the forum. This would be much more helpful and would take a lot less time than your usual complaining about having to answer the same old questions over and over again.

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-27 21:21:18 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you where to attend this board half as often as I do you would see that the same questions appear over and over again and it it becomes tedious to answer the same question when by doing a simple search the answer would be found.

What I think you are not taking into account is the fact that people don't necessarily know what to search for, however simplistic the search engine might be. The user, for instance, who said that at one point he was only getting an image and that after reinstalling the software he was only getting audio, probably has no idea what to search for to answer his question. Since the search engine only does a literal string match, he would have to know the precise choice of words or terms used by somebody else.

Likewise, my own inquiry (how to get TMPGenc to truncate rather than scale the extra six lines in a 486 line video file) may have been dealt with previously, but after doing quite a lot of searching I still haven't found it.

>One example is:
>>avi file "can not open, or unsupported"
>This has got to be the most asked question on this board and appears almost on every page. A simple flick back through the pages would reveal the answer.

Many people who do not have prior experience with this type of board simply follow the instructions to "post your inquiry here." It may not occur to them that the question has ever even been asked before and they don't think to scroll through the existing messages. I've been doing this stuff for years; this aspect of human nature hasn't changed.

>Also it is these same users that don't even leave a thankyou or show any gratitude for helping with their problem because they can't even be bothered to post a return reply once their problem is solved. It happens and is very annoying.

I'm aware from my participation elsewhere. Can't fault the newcomer for what others have done in the past, though.

>I attend this board to give genuine help to genuine people and to those people I have no problem with, but the one timers who just drop a post, don't search or even look back through the post can take a running jump, because I'll save my time and experience for those who really do need it.

Consider, though, that that's what many people will do, without ever thinking of it as rude. They get a new piece of software. It doesn't work as expected. There is no tech support number; only this board. They post an inquiry; they get a response; they go to try the response and it works. They leave. Most natural thing in the world. I'm not saying it's right; I'm saying I understand it.

>On a finishing note. How long will you be hanging around?

Haven't decided. I'm not an MPEG guru and my expertise is in areas this board doesn't address.

Incidentally -- I answered my own question by creating a brief quicktime file using a test pattern designed to see when the top of the frame is being cut off versus when the frame is being scaled. FULL SCREEN will scale the 486 line image to fit a 480 line space, but at a cost in image sharpness. CENTER will leave it at the existing size and just hack off the top and bottom three lines, which is what it should do. I still need to come up with why the black level seems to get raised up, though.

Pete

ASHY  2002-07-28 12:12:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually Pam, I did reply to your post. If you had even bothered to take a look back at your post which you obviously didn't. I gave you the correct solution to your problem unfortunately you didn't see it, so once again time and effort was wasted.

I'm not going start a slanging match here, it happens all to often on this board. Some new clever mouth enters the BBS, tries to make a fool out of someone else, sticks around to leave a few more posts then disappears without actually having done anything productive towards the BBS.

At least I do have some intention to help out and be aware I am not the only one who thinks as I do, it's just I've actually got the balls to comment on it.

Basically coming to this BBS and bad mouthing the regulars, isn't going to help anyone and unfortunately for you you may find the 'clique' as you so aptly name us may not be so willing to give the benefit of their experience and advice to someone who has a negative attitude towards the regulars who actually put a lot of time and effort into 'attempting' to help others with problems that are new to this board.
It is users with your sort of attitude who spoil this board. It is no incentive to I and the rest of the regulars on this board who help out to continue spending many hours at the PC posting advice.
I give up my time on this board and ask for nothing in return except a little grattitude now and then not and don't expect to be 'knocked' for my methods.

You say it's human nature what haapens on this board, this may be correct, but if we don't educate the newcomers how to use this board and search for answers first, we will be forever answering the same questions.

Also a relpy such as 'search the board for your answer' isn't necessarily unhelpful. As you say the new users of the board may not know or realise to search. All I'm actually doing is pointing them in the right direction which may mean that a simple search will infact yeild the answer to the users question and may be not one answer but several solutions to the problem and one of these and in fact may turn out to be the right solution, which I would have thought is better than waiting for one single answer which you may or may not get.

I choose to answer a post as I see fitting. If I didn't think it would help the poster in the first place I wouldn't have posted the reply.
Many of the questions asked have already been answered by myself so I know a search or a quick flick through the earlier posts will reveal the answer.
If it turns out that the search didn't help out the poster then fine I will then be more than glad to help and repost the same advice( as in Pams case) but I am not a BBS slave with, as suggested, answers to questions stored in a text file, ready for the next newcomer who decides to take the short route and not even attempt to make the effort themselves.

ASHY

Peter Jay Gould  Home )  2002-07-28 14:54:40 ( ID:refl.wkmu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm not going start a slanging match here, it happens all to often on this board. Some new clever mouth enters the BBS, tries to make a fool out of someone else, sticks around to leave a few more posts then disappears without actually having done anything productive towards the BBS.

No slanging match is involved and no one is being made a fool of. If you review my post you'll see it's not written to be hostile and no namecalling is involved. My intent is purely constructive.

>Basically coming to this BBS and bad mouthing the regulars, isn't going to help anyone

Again, no one is being bad mouthed per se; I'm simply pointing out that referring to a newcomer as "lazy" on his first post to the board, simply because he didn't think to use the search tools the way you think he should, is uncalled for.

>It is users with your sort of attitude who spoil this board. It is no incentive to I and the rest of the regulars on this board who help out to continue spending many hours at the PC posting advice.

Let me get this straight. It spoils the board if someone points out to you that calling newcomers names and insulting them is wrong?

>Also a relpy such as 'search the board for your answer' isn't necessarily unhelpful. As you say the new users of the board may not know or realise to search. All I'm actually doing is pointing them in the right direction which may mean that a simple search will infact yeild the answer to the users question and may be not one answer but several solutions to the problem and one of these and in fact may turn out to be the right solution, which I would have thought is better than waiting for one single answer which you may or may not get.

No argument. A polite message like "that's a common problem - if you enter the word XXXXX in the search engine you'll get a number of articles that explain how to address it" will accomplish your goal without publicly humiliating the newcomer. It's not the fact of telling them to search; that may indeed be their best option. It's slanging them for not having done so in the first place that I was commenting on.

Pete

Griff  2002-07-29 08:08:00 ( ID:t2pp7fv6u1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I'm not going start a slanging match here, it happens all to often on this board. Some new clever mouth enters the BBS, tries to make a fool out of someone else, sticks around to leave a few more posts then disappears without actually having done anything productive towards the BBS.

I'm getting this strange sense of De ja vou..

> I still need to come up with why the black level seems to get raised up, though.

I've had a stab at it.

Griff

PamMoore  2002-07-31 22:35:55 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,

I am sorry that you have an "attitude", but my comments were meant as constructive. Since you have complained so much about repeating yourself with the same old questions, I was trying to help by offering a solution. Anyway, I must comment on some of the things that you have said in regard to my questions. First of all, I never accused you or anyone else on this forum as being in a "clique". I remember seeing that word, but it did not come from me. I haven't used that word since high school. And secondly you stated that you help me with my problem. . . .well you did, but not at first. . . when I first posted my question you told me to "scroll the page" and did not offer any help. It was only after I posted you a second time did you try to help and by that time I had already found my answer on nickyguides. You said that you didn't want to start a "slanging match". . . then why the "attitude". I have always been very appreciative to anyone who would help and have always said so. But your comments are way out-of-line. You said that you were the only one who had the "balls" to comment. That is not saying very much for the other regulars on this forum. And by the way, you accused me of badmouthing the regulars? . . I have only the highest respect for the individuals on this forum and any other forums who generally try to be helpful. It's the ones who don't have patience with those of us who are new and trying to learn that I have a problem with. Besides since we pay for this program we should rightfully expect a support system that treats us with patients and respect. Since you hate it so much then "get a life".

Question - TE25 - encoding No.25626
hotwhlz68  2002-07-27 10:38:26 ( ID:2f/zyrpeqjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, a few months ago i downloaded version 2.56 and whenever i converted avi files to mpeg files i got a picture, but no sound. yesterday, i downloaded the newest version(2.57) and now whenever i convert avi files to mpeg files, i get sound, but no picture. can someone please tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong

ASHY  2002-07-27 13:14:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, what you are doing wrong is being lazy and not searching this BBS for the answer which you will find hundreds of times.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Frame rate conversion causes jerky movie No.25624
Marc  2002-07-27 09:06:53 ( ID:m8b9qxujdzn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I tried to convert AVI's (23.97 fps) to a PAL (25 fps) MPEG2 file. When I play the movie on my DVD player the movie plays a little bit jerky (shocking).

If I set the option "Do not Frame rate convert", after encoding, the movie will play smooth, but the audio is out of sync (you cannot correct it because the length differs I think).

Can anyone help me?

Also the Frame rate settings in the program are grayed, so you cannot keep the 23.97 fps.

Thanks,

Marc

ASHY  2002-07-27 12:30:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search this board you will find the solution how to do a proper frame rate conversion.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - uninstall No.25622
milton  2002-07-27 05:07:34 ( ID:/3jmzjik1og )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can you please tell me how to uninstall tmpg.

Minion  2002-07-27 08:12:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You just throw the tmpgenc folder with all the files into the recycle bin, There is no real installation with tmpgenc it runs as a stand alone application accept that it does leave registry entries after you delete it..

Question - TE25 - Jagged edges in motion with MPEG=2 No.25619
David Forslund  2002-07-27 04:04:00 ( ID:lkwi3nmjxjl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I process an AVI file into an MPEG-2 for DVD file and it looks very
good, except that when there is rapid motion the picture seems
to break up into blocks (unable to follow the motion). When the motion
ceases, the picture sharpens right up. I understand that this
probably is a "feature" of MPEG-2, but is there any way I can reduce
this characteristic as it can be quite annoying. The compression
I'm seeing is very good, the order of 40 times smaller than the original
uncompressed avi file, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little compression
if I can remove this "blocking" of the picture.

Thanks,

John Hayes  2002-07-27 04:55:04 ( ID:wqt25gyx/er )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I process an AVI file into an MPEG-2 for DVD file and it looks very
>good, except that when there is rapid motion the picture seems
>to break up into blocks (unable to follow the motion). When the motion
>ceases, the picture sharpens right up. I understand that this
>probably is a "feature" of MPEG-2, but is there any way I can reduce
>this characteristic as it can be quite annoying. The compression
>I'm seeing is very good, the order of 40 times smaller than the original
>uncompressed avi file, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little compression
>if I can remove this "blocking" of the picture.
>
>Thanks,

Shame, shame. You said you were NOT posting this over and over yet, here you are 7 hours later.

Griff  2002-07-27 11:00:49 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the constant quality setting (CQ), and choose a value between 65 -100%. Then go to motion precision and choose high or highest.

I transcode mpeg2's dumped onto my hard disk from a Nova-t digital TV card. Providing the origional mpeg stream doesn't contain artifacts, I get near perfect DVD compliant copies (with the CQ setting at 100% and motion search set to "highest").

Most people on this BBS seem to be using TMPGenc to encode mpeg1's; this is a shame, because at it's highest quality TMPGEnc produces mpeg2's to rival ANY DVD, and better some.

Griff

Question - TE25 - Audio - DVD2AVI No.25614
Stewart  2002-07-26 22:30:14 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am relatively new at "Backing Up" movies and hope someone can answer this question.

I create SVCD disks using SMARTRIPPER - DVD2AVI - TMPGEnc Plus - NERO.

I just had a movie where DVD2AVI would not produce a WAVE file. It seemed to run fine (but finished too fast). The movie was "From Hell" - the story about Jack the Ripper in London. This has happened once before (I don't remember the name of the other movie). DVD2AVI does produce a WAVE file for most other movies.

If I play the ripped .VOB files in WinDVD, there is no sound (at least in the Gateway OEM version of WinDVD V3.1). If I play it in Windows Media Player (with LSX-MPEG-PLAYER 4.0 installed), there IS sound in the .VOB files.

I then tried using DVDx to read the .VOB files and create the MPG files and it did work and the sound was fine.

So, in the few cases where DVD2AVI can't read the sound, I can solve the problem with the DVDx work-around, but it is a poor solution since that excludes TMPGEnc which provides much better quality, has many more filters and features, and is MUCH FASTER.

Is there a way to make DVD2AVI work in all movies?

Minion  2002-07-26 23:43:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There could be a bunch of reasons why the audio was not extracted,What you should do is look at the Text file that "SmartRipper" made and it will tell you what audio track is which and what format the audio is in, you can"t extract DTS audio but you can extract the Dolby Digital AC3 track, and make sure you have the audio settings correct like set to "decode to wav" and "dolby surround downmix", I did that same movie about a month ago and from what I remember i didn"t have a problem....

ASHY  2002-07-27 13:36:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I did this movie a few weeks ago and had more or less the same problem except I use VOB2AUDIO to extract the wav. It seems for reason that DVD2AVI and VOB2AUDIO just can't see the stream.
The way I got round it was to extract the correct audio stream with smartripper to an extra ac3 file and then encode the ac3 to wav with ac3dec.

ASHY

Stewart  2002-07-27 16:58:21 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found the problem.

Since ASHY had a similar problem, I knew that my particular computer configuration was probably not causing the problem. But Minion's comment about having the correct audio stream rung a bell.

I always use track 1 audio in DVD2AVI and I thought that that would work in all cases. But no.... that works in almost all cases, except a few movies where they apparently switch the track order.

In this case track 2 was needed. As simple as that!

I did check the info text file but there wasn't a clue to audio track number - streams were listed but track 2 turned out to be the next to the last (#4) audio stream listed.

dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-26 16:42:26 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if a movie is in DTS sound format...how do you produce a .WAV file from it?
-Don

Question - TE25 - John No.25612
John  2002-07-26 22:11:43 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I am having trouble re encoding a ripped DVD film its using DivX mpeg 4 and Mpeg 3 audio, when ever it try to convert it to Video CD I get a good picture but no sound (the originals sound is ok) and every few second the error -537403781 704512 is displayed and have to click ok to resume.

can anyone help?

Minion  2002-07-26 23:35:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the audio to a wav file with "virtual dub" and use that as the audio source.Tmpgenc does not like encodeing compressed audio formats and some formats just aren"t supported.There have been quite a few poeple getting that error you are getting every few seconds but it allways seems that they get the error from files downloaded from places like Kaaza so I think the problem lies in the files that are being encoded and not tmpgenc...

Question - TE25 - I CANT USE TMPGENC No.25607
Eliman  2002-07-26 22:04:33 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need help...I downloaded a couple of movies off of Kazaa and whenever i try to convert them to MPEG1 it says "my file name" cannot be created somebody help me quickly please

Asuka-Langley  2002-07-27 03:57:55 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Movies from kazaa are mostly DivX movies. If the one you downloaded is not, try saving it to a different folder then to the one that the video source is in.

Mark  2002-07-27 04:33:51 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm assuming you have the div3 and div4 codecs installed?

Eliman  2002-07-27 17:45:10 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dont know if i have the codecs installed...how can i find out? and if its not how can i install them.......

Mark  2002-07-27 17:53:35 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can actually play the movie, you should have the codecs in stalled. If not, then I urge you to download them at doom9.org or search for the divx 3 and 4 codecs in a search engine.

Bug report - TE25 - Movie Go Black No.25603
Dmusicnow  2002-07-26 19:28:43 ( ID:hjkptyrwg12 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi when encodeing a movie at aobut 69% it goes black
the first part dose good and it set to HQ
This is my first time useing 2.57

ASHY  2002-07-26 20:57:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "direct show file reader" to "2"

donnie  2002-07-27 02:21:02 ( ID:whfexi.3ewj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am very new at this.I have downloaded movies in kazaa shared.when I am encoding a movie,shouldn't i see the movie as it is encoding?shouldn't i see it also when i preview??all i get is a black screen,after i encoded one movie,i burned it to cd with win media player,when i play it on my dvd player,tv,i get sound but black picture.i have the direct show file set on 2.please help before the sad rich people stop us from downloading...thanks

Minion  2002-07-27 03:50:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You also have to have the proper codecs installed on your computer so Tmpgenc can decode your avi file,DivX5 is supposed to be supported but some poeple have had problems getting tmpgenc to encode from Divx5 includeing me, and yes your movies should be displayed while encodeing and if it isn"t then there is probably no video in the encoded mpeg file.......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.