Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 498 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Resulting size is nowhere near estimated Barrie 2 2003-04-11 18:35:29
Question TE25 TMPGenc will not open sssb 2 2003-04-11 19:39:05
Question TE25 MOV to MPEG - Picture breaking up David 3 2003-04-13 22:58:27
Question TE25 subtitles in tmpgence john 1 2003-04-11 17:42:04
Question TE25 svcd playback is wrong speed JeffyJoe 0 2003-04-11 03:54:38
Question TE25 svcd playback is wrong speed JeffyJoe 5 2003-04-12 08:39:52
Question TE25 Problems constructing proper chapter points Razoritch 0 2003-04-11 01:39:20
Question TE25 Improper Aspect Ratio: 312 x 240 ??? vasilemj 1 2003-04-11 01:42:09
Question TE25 Problems constructing proper chapter points Razoritch 2 2003-04-11 06:59:45
Question TE25 svcd playback is wrong speed JeffyJoe 0 2003-04-11 00:31:33
Question TE25 mr JeffyJoe 0 2003-04-11 00:29:07
Question TE25 44khz verse 48khz audio for vcd to dvd burning nerys 3 2003-04-11 17:39:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 498 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Resulting size is nowhere near estimated No.36231
Barrie  2003-04-11 16:35:53 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello
My problem is that I am trying to squeeze a 90 min video onto a VCD, I opt for a PAL vcd format in the tmpgenc wizard and then set some custom options like audio bitrate of 112 and video bitrate (CBR) of around 1000 .. tmpgenc predicts the size of the file to be 727MB which seems ok.. but when I actually encode the thing I always seem to end up with a file of around 840MB which is too big and since it takes 2 hours to encode just to find out its too big (which ive tried about 3 times already) its gettting kinda infuriating :( .. just as a check I got hold of a stream bitrate viewer thingy .. which reads the mpeg1 stream and gives the average bitrate which appears to be around 1049 .. which should be OK .. but the filesize is too big.
I'm just a bit confused as to why my filesize is so big and would appreciate any help since its really starting to bug me ...
thanx in advance
Barrie

Ashy  2003-04-11 17:04:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to change the stream setting to 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)'
Run your MPEG through the simple multiplexer with this setting. The padding will be removed and the file size should decrease.

ASHY

Barrie  2003-04-11 18:35:29 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx Ashy..
I think youre right, I had a dig through some previous posts on this bbs , and I think I ran into one of your previous posts that said to change the System settings for the project, so i started reincoding about an hour ago.. and judging buy the file size it looks like its going well (unfortunately I didnt wait for your post, I coulda saved some time)
once again thanx very very much.

Barrie

Question - TE25 - TMPGenc will not open No.36228
sssb  2003-04-11 15:28:15 ( ID:xfnbnw.xscj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am running tmpgenc 2.510 on XP and have been using it for > 6 months

I now cannot open it. When I run the exe file, it generates an XP error report.

I have had some problems recently with codecs for xvid and ac3.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times but no succcess. My processor is an Athlon XP1800 and I have 512 ram.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Steve, London

Barrie  2003-04-11 18:44:21 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, I dont know if this will help but you can goto the command prompt in win XP, (RUN->CMD) and type in SFC /SCANNOW , this has the effect of replacing any corrupted or damaged system files , youll prob need your XP CD for this. It may be that tmpgenc is trying to use some damaged dll file or something.
hope it helps ..
Barrie

Barrie  2003-04-11 19:39:05 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, I dont know if this will help but you can goto the command prompt in win XP, (RUN->CMD) and type in SFC /SCANNOW , this has the effect of replacing any corrupted or damaged system files , youll prob need your XP CD for this. It may be that tmpgenc is trying to use some damaged dll file or something.
hope it helps ..
Barrie

Question - TE25 - MOV to MPEG - Picture breaking up No.36224
David  Home )  2003-04-11 13:10:34 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to video encoding etc.

I've got a really nice animation I downloaded from the net called "Covert". It's in MOV format and I'd like to convert it to MPG.

However when I try and convert it the resulting MPG's picture breaks during playback. I was wondering if it is actually possible or not.

I've uploaded the MOV to my website at:-

http://www.davidbratton.co.uk/funstuff/funstuff.htm

Some of you may have seen in the UK on Channel 4 last year.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge could have a go for me? Or give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

David.

Minion  2003-04-12 21:27:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you useing the "Mov Plugin" for Tmpgenc??? You need the Plugin or you can"t encode Mov to mpeg with Tmpgenc...

David  2003-04-13 10:39:57 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I've got the plugin.

When I try to convert the MOV file the resulting MPG file's picture breaks up during play back.

Minion  2003-04-13 22:58:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I guess you can allways try converting the Mov to AVI then the avi to Mpeg, OR You can use AVISynth to Frame serve the Mov file to Tmpgenc or another encoder, Just remember when useing AVISynth for Mov files you have to use "DirectShow Source" and you have to include the Framerate in the Script..

Question - TE25 - subtitles in tmpgence No.36222
john  2003-04-11 09:43:05 ( ID:ch3wja83ual )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i'm stil having probs with adding subs with tmpgenc

i put everything to 1 except directshow put on 2

put still in the end of the movie most off the subs dont show

also in the beginning but not so much

Ashy  2003-04-11 17:42:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sort of subs file are you using? Make sure that the frame numbers in your Subs file match those in your Movie or they wont display correctly.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - svcd playback is wrong speed No.36221
JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 03:54:38 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry for the double post

I have been trying to figure this stuff out for 3 weeks now...
I'm tryin to burn lotr tt Xvid into svcd
had probs like
bad frames (fixed these)
too long (fixed this- divided it into 4 cd's 45 mins each)
screen size 640x272 (fixed this with TMPGEnc)
converted it with TMPGEnc and my output files are mpg

each about 740 mb

My problem is now that I've gotten everything working perfectly, I burned it with nero 5.5 and playback is perfect on my computer (using windvd)
but when I play it on my DVD player (1 panasonic, 1 Apex - both SVCD compatable)
it shows the movie length as 74 minutes (when it is only 48 minutes)
in both players...
When it plays it is extremely choppy
(but will play almost perfectly if I hit fastforward 2x)

can anyone help?

Question - TE25 - svcd playback is wrong speed No.36215
JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 01:55:45 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

had probs like
bad frames (fixed these)

each about 740 mb

My problem is now that I've gotten everything working perfectly, I burned it with nero 5.5 and playback is perfect on my computer (using windvd)
but when I play it on my DVD player (1 panasonic, 1 Apex - both SVCD compatable)
in both players...

can anyone help?

Minion  2003-04-11 03:15:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if the File Plays Perfectly on your Computer and you Burned it correctly with Nero then all that leaves is your DVD Players,Cuz if after encodeing to Mpeg2/svcd the File plays perfectly on your Computer then Tmpgenc"s Job is completed cuz you have a Mpeg file that Plays perfectly, I have a suspicion that your DVD Players can not handle the SVCD Bitrate you are useing, When the Bitrate is too high for your Player to handle you will get a Very Jumpy effect and the Audio will sometimes cut out and the Video lags behind the audio and then speeds up again to catch up with the Audio while constantly Stuttering and Jumping, if this is the Effect you are getting then that is Probably your Problem...Tmpgenc has Very Bad Bitrate controll so the Bitrate you set in Tmpgenc is not necessarily the Bitrate of the File it encodes, the Bitrate tends to spike Quite often to a much higher Bitrate than you specify..You can either use a Lower Max Bitrate or Try CBR, or an encoder that Has better Bitrate controll...

JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 04:21:22 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes that does sound like the problem...
however would this explain when I put it in the dvd player it says 74:23 minutes... when the actual length is 48:31 minutes

and if I play it at 2x speed it plays almost perfectly (except for the little fastforward >> logo on the side :) this coincides with the incorrect time amount

Would a lower bitrate change this? what should it be changed to?
also, is there a standard for DVD players?

btw, I have about 5 copies of the first disk :(
I just tried DVD2SVCD, on normal settings... same problem, only it took 4 hours this time instead of 45 mins.

JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 04:40:12 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also this is the results from Bitrate Viewer (using DVD2SVCD)

Num. of picture read: 136323
Stream type: MPEG-2 MP@ML VBR
Resolution: 480*480
Aspect ratio: 4:3 Generic
Framerate: 29.97
Nom. bitrate: 2530000 Bit/Sec
VBV buffer size: 64
Constrained param. flag: No
Chroma format: 4:2:0
DCT precision: 8
Pic. structure: Frame
Field topfirst: Yes
DCT type: Frame
Quantscale: Nonlinear
Scan type: ZigZag
Frame type: Progressive
Notes:

This is the results from using TMPGEnc only:

Num. of picture read: 204855
Stream type: MPEG-2 MP@ML CBR
Resolution: 480*480
Aspect ratio: 4:3 Generic
Framerate: 29.97
Nom. bitrate: 1874000 Bit/Sec
VBV buffer size: 56
Constrained param. flag: No
Chroma format: 4:2:0
DCT precision: 8
Pic. structure: Frame
Field topfirst: Yes
DCT type: Frame
Quantscale: Nonlinear
Scan type: ZigZag
Frame type: Progressive
Notes:

both give incorrect movie time 74 mins. instead of the correct 48 mins...
and it plays like it's 74 mins. in my DVD player

Ashy  2003-04-11 17:12:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The first thing I have noticed is that you have encoded this movie as progressive.
This is NOT SVCD standard it should be interlaced.

The second thing I need to know is did you select 'MPEG2 SVCD(VBR)' when you split the MPEG in to 4?

Did Nero give you any compliance warnings before burning and what speed did you burn at?

What was the frame rate of the original file AVI.

ASHY

minion  2003-04-12 08:39:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From your Bitrate viewer info it seems like the bitrate seems fine, but I don"t know if that takes into account Bitrate Spikes, and I also noticed that your VBV Buffer is a Little low, and Like Ashy said it should have been encoded as Interlaced instead of Progressive, All I can think of is that Maybe your AVI File has a different Frame rate than the Mpeg file, you have to encode to the same Frame rate as the AVI file...But if the File Plays fine on your Computer then it seems that the real problem occured after encodeing ,Make sure you chose the NTSC option in Nero and Not the "Pal" option cuz that Might cause a problem like this...Have you tried a Different Burning Program like maybe "VCDeasy" or if you have a SVCD Authoring Program try that...

Question - TE25 - Problems constructing proper chapter points No.36214
Razoritch  2003-04-11 01:39:20 ( ID:z7ueedmmvs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey all,

i am having trouble getting the program VCDEasy to construct chapter points in an intro mpeg im trying to make. i have a 142 frame NTSC-film mpeg, and i would like to create a chapter point at frame 140. to do this, i know i must create an 'I' frame with TMPGEnc at frame 140. my problem occurs after making 140 an i frame, and then trying to create a chapter point. for some reason, VCDEasy wont recognize this frame as a valid chapter point, and it skips to the (i assume) nearest i frame instead.

my question:
in order to create a proper chapter point, is anything else necessary besides the i frame? do i need to make the proceeding/preceeding frames P/B ?

has anyone had success constructing custom chapter points with this software combination?

thanks

Question - TE25 - Improper Aspect Ratio: 312 x 240 ??? No.36212
vasilemj  2003-04-11 01:27:37 ( ID:ozrngoiefom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have created a .mpg file of a DVD and am using TMPGEnc to cut out the ending credits. My original file is in the proper aspect ratio for a VideoCD (352x240) however when I attempt to produce the edited .mpg file, it always cuts the aspect ratio down to 312x240

Can someone please help me out here? Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Mark V.

vasilemj  2003-04-11 01:42:09 ( ID:ozrngoiefom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Naturally, 5 minutes after I post my question, I figured it out for myself.

You have to open the unlock template to gain greater control of your final output if anyone else is wondering.

Question - TE25 - Problems constructing proper chapter points No.36209
Razoritch  2003-04-11 01:21:40 ( ID:z7ueedmmvs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey all,

i am having trouble getting the program VCDEasy to construct chapter points in an intro mpeg im trying to make. i have a 142 frame NTSC-film mpeg, and i would like to create a chapter point at frame 140. to do this, i know i must create an 'I' frame with TMPGEnc at frame 140. my problem occurs after making 140 an i frame, and then trying to create a chapter point. for some reason, VCDEasy wont recognize this frame as a valid chapter point, and it skips to the (i assume) nearest i frame instead.

my question:
in order to create a proper chapter point, is anything else necessary besides the i frame? do i need to make the proceeding/preceeding frames P/B ?

has anyone had success constructing custom chapter points with this software combination?

thanks

Minion  2003-04-11 02:59:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you makeing Frame 140 an I frame??? You can use "Force Picture Type Setting" to make certain Frames I Frames but if this is how you are doing it and it still will not recognize it as a Valid chapter Point then the Only thing I can think of maybe there needs to be a Certain amount of frames after the chapter Piont for it to be a Valid Chapter point, But this is Totally out of left Field Cuz I don"t know if this is true or Not..You can also try another Authoring Program that supports Chapters, there are Many but few are freeware but you can allways download a 30 day demo from the Ulead site and try one of there VCD/SVCD authoring Programs that supports Chapters Like DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop....

Razoritch  2003-04-11 06:59:45 ( ID:z7ueedmmvs2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yep, i was using force picture type setting. i would really like to remain using vcdeasy as i have heard many opinions that it gives far superior chapter control (and various menu making capabilities). i will check them out...until then i guess ill post in vcdeasy forum (although there are already several threads in which this problem remains unsolved there).

Question - TE25 - svcd playback is wrong speed No.36208
JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 00:31:33 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

had probs like
bad frames (fixed these)

each about 740 mb

in both players...

can anyone help?

Question - TE25 - mr No.36207
JeffyJoe  2003-04-11 00:29:07 ( ID:.nf76vpshlk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

had probs like
bad frames (fixed these)

each about 740 mb

in both players...

can anyone help?

Question - TE25 - 44khz verse 48khz audio for vcd to dvd burning No.36203
nerys  Home )  2003-04-10 03:53:46 ( ID:axlweef8l8. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to put VCD mpeg1 content on dvd for dvd player playing. I DO NOT want to convert the audio to 48khz. this takes FOREVER. (I have over 300gigs of mpeg1 content (it really is almost all home videos as my camcorder records direct to mpeg1 via a pcmcia hard drive))

What I want to do is TRICK software into seeing my 44khz and 33khz files as 48khz files. Specifically I am using dvd moviefactory 2.0 I want to do something to the files to make ulead's software think that the file IS a proper mpeg1 48khz audio file and attempt NO conversion.

Can anyone tell me how to do this OR can anyone (authors of tmpgenc maybe ??) make a program to do this (spoof the headers or something) so that when programs like moviefactory look at the file they THINK they SEE a legit 48khz file and therby do not attempt to modify it. (doing 7 hours of content so far after a little under 3 hours it is at 55% and I am running a 2.8ghz P4 with a gig of DDR ram) this is not acceptable.

I am confident that dvd players will see it just fine even if its not tecnically correct to the dvd specs. IE I burn 33khz files to VCD's (nero lets you override it after it warns you that the audio is not right (but it does not let you ovverride for dvd's)) and every dvd player I have put that disc in plays it just fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/

Ashy  2003-04-10 19:32:03 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is it taking you so long to convert a 44.1khz file to 48khz? I can do a 100 min mp2 file in about 15mins on my p4 1.7 using TMPG.
I can do it in about 5 mins from start to finish if I convert the audio to a 48khz wav first with TMPG and then encode to mp2 with MPEG Suite 2001 http://ec2000.xperiment.net/index.php?id=software

ASHY

Minion  2003-04-10 21:09:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Program that can change the headers on Mpeg files so you can fool Authoring Programs/DVD Players ,it is called "DVD Patcher" But this Program only changes the header on Mpeg Video and Not the Audio so you are out of Luck in that department until it supports Mpeg audio..But resampleing audio is easy and fairly fast, you just need to de-mux the audio from your Mpeg1 files, then load the Audio into a fast & Good Audio encoder and Change the sample rate, it shouldn"t take longer than 10 minutes per hour of audio, even less on your system, after resampleing the audio you just need to mux the audio back with the video...

Ashy  2003-04-11 17:39:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No need to demux just load straight into TMPG and select audio only then remux.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.