Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 466 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Extra file to save the first pass of "2-pass" setting. Tokafondo 4 2003-06-23 13:11:34
Bug report TE25 Divx 5.03 avi not a supported format Viper 1 2003-06-11 20:58:48
Question TE25 King John, in one of your Guides I saw you had a reference to JUNK Frames? MenderOne 1 2003-06-11 22:40:56
Question TE25 How to use the ghost reduction settings? vinnie 1 2003-06-11 06:23:00
Request TE25 When I buy TMPGEnc Plus, do I have to get the latest version? Chan Faunce 1 2003-06-11 06:23:52
Request TE25 50% cut on movie sendkeys 7 2003-06-12 21:50:14
Free talk TE25 TRANSLATION INTO SPANISH Tokafondo 3 2003-06-13 20:43:04
Question TE25 Before I download MB 2 2003-06-11 12:06:44
Question TE25 I got error in kernal32.dll Karri 0 2003-06-10 00:22:59
Request TDA1 Support for Subtitles NiceGuy 2 2003-07-08 14:55:13
Bug report TE25 Crash cd090580 1 2003-06-11 08:22:12
Question TE25 free version errors Roy 5 2003-06-13 21:20:15

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 466 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Extra file to save the first pass of "2-pass" setting. No.37405
Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-11 10:19:24 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

In CCE SP Encoder there is an option in multipass modes to save a file with the results of the analysis made to the video stream for later uses.

If I want to try different video settings and want to use multipass, I have to wait TMPGEnc to analyse the complete movie every time.

It would be useful if you could save the result of the analysis the first time to be used later many times.

Thanks for you work.

Minion  2003-06-11 21:00:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Information collected in the Pass is Saved but it is Different than CCE, the File can be over 5gb and is deleted when encodeing is Done...

Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-13 19:58:02 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Windows 98SE, so I'd have problems with >4GB, unless the file is saved in 4GB sections.

I ask for this extra 2-pass file to be saved because If I want to fit a movie in a 700MB CD and have to change average or maximum bitrate to accomplish this, I have to wait for TMPGENC analyze the whole movie again just for a bit change.

If I could use the previously created 2-pass file again I could save the half of the time the whole process takes, and that is MORE important for me that the fact that it could take 5GB of space in my hard disk.

Thanks for your work.

rowan  2003-06-14 14:24:23 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look at option->environmental setting->CPU->Cache setting. I don't know if this is on by default, but I have it enabled with a 4000Mb maximum cache size. This may be what you're looking for...

Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-23 13:11:34 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, but that is not my request!

My request is: the results of the first pass of "2-pass" modes to be saved to a file that could be reused when necessary.

Bug report - TE25 - Divx 5.03 avi not a supported format No.37403
Viper  2003-06-11 09:13:29 ( ID:y5rpvuq1ohc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im having trouble converting an avi encoded using divx 5.03 to vcd or anything else for that matter. when i try to open the avi TEMPGEnc keeps on saying that the file cannot open or is an unsupported format. it works fine and have had no troubles using divx 5.02...so if anyone knows what is stuffing up, please help me.

Minion  2003-06-11 20:58:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Direct Show to "2"....

Question - TE25 - King John, in one of your Guides I saw you had a reference to JUNK Frames? No.37401
MenderOne  2003-06-11 08:44:51 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly is JUNK frames? And if it effects TMPGEnc, and causes it to crash midway or at some point of the encoding process, how can one solve the problem?

MenderOne  2003-06-11 22:40:56 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Admin, my apologies, I don't know how this happened , but I see this message as double posted, it wasn't my intention, please delete this particular one, I tried , but it says only admins can edit.

Question - TE25 - How to use the ghost reduction settings? No.37399
vinnie  2003-06-11 01:14:47 ( ID:ju4/m3q3ig. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been tinkering around with the Ghost Reduction settings, trying to figure out how to best put them to work. I've ended up with some pretty nasty looking results a couple of times.

I have a collection of TV capture MPEG1's that I am tring to clean up as best as I can and convert to 352x240 MPEG2 so I can make a DVD out of them (I can fit 8+ TV episodes on 1 DVDR), but there is ghosting in the files I would like to remove.

Can the authors of this software or anybody else with some good info about using the ghost reduction filter settings provide some documentation here of how to use the feature? I plan to register this product but I really do need to use the ghost reduction feature on a set of files, and believe that software I pay for should come with good documentation. ;)

I saw a post way back in March where somebody else asked for information about this and it was never replied to.

Thanks,
vinnie

Minion  2003-06-11 06:23:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you Get the "Plus" version it comes with a Quite extensive Help File, all you need to do to use this Help file is Go and Download the "Plus version" by Clicking the Banner Below(I know it says DVD Author But you get the Plus version at the Same site), The "Ghost Reduction" filter will only work on Mild to Moderate Ghosting, and the Way the Filter is used depends on the File you are encodeing, and sometimes some Ghosting can be cleared up with the Help of other Filters Like Noise Reduction or a type of Bluring...The Filters in Tmpgenc are Ok for some things But if you really have Really bad Ghosting and Noise you should maybe use a Differant Program to Clean up the Image, Like Maybe some Vitrual Dub Filters or AVISynth Filters, or clean up the Image in a High end Editing Program Like AVID, Premier Or Vegas Video, these Programs have Features that are good at Cleaning up Images or at least disguising any Defects..One thing that would really Help the Video Quality would be to Not capture to Mpeg1..The way I capture TV Shows and other Stuff is Capture to Full Reasolution (720+480) Low Compression AVI like HuffyUV or even better Uncompressed AVI, then I use AVISynth to add Noise Filters and what ever other Filters I need to use to clean up the Image and resize the Resolution, then Frameserve the File useing AVISynth to My encoder (Not Tmpgenc but it works Fine) But I would use the Resolution of 352+480, you will get Much better Quality with a Higher Resolution , and useing this resolution and a Bitrate of about 2500KBS you should get close to 4 hours of Video on a DVD-r and 352+480 is a DVD Compliant Resolution..Captureing to Mpeg1 is a Very Lossy Format so you are Looseing a Lot of the Image detail, captureing to Low Compression AVI will give you a LOT Better Quality and you should have less Ghosting also...well Good Luck

Request - TE25 - When I buy TMPGEnc Plus, do I have to get the latest version? No.37397
Chan Faunce  2003-06-11 01:02:57 ( ID:mouhmtyp1vl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because the last version that I have found that works with no problems for me is 2.59. This is the version of Plus that I would like to purchase (as the download version) but the only one on Pegasys is 2.512. I would have asked them but couldn't find any way to contact them except if I was already a registered user or wanted to be a retail seller.

Thanks.

Minion  2003-06-11 06:23:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory But the Pegasus site only sells the Most rescent versions....

Request - TE25 - 50% cut on movie No.37389
sendkeys  2003-06-10 20:34:06 ( ID:oq4jl.mm1uo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to request a option to cut a movie in half. With out having to guess on vbr its a big pain. Takes me 2-3 times befor i can even get it. Thanks

Minion  2003-06-10 21:17:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc"s Editor does not Support VBR Files, But you can use the "Source Range" to choose the First and second halves so you don"t have to edit the files, But what would be best would be to get a Real Mpeg editor like "Mpeg2VCR".......

MenderOne  2003-06-11 19:45:27 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you use the cut/merge feature of TMPGEnc? All you have to do is select mpeg tools , select the merge/cut tab, load the file using the add button then click on the file and select edit, then move the slider of the preview to where you want to start and end and run it, clear the file afterwards and repeat these steps for the second half. Hope this helps.

Minion  2003-06-11 20:57:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is What he is Useing, And that is what he is explaining that he is Haveing a Problem with, the "Merge & Cut" does not Support Acurate editing of VBR Files pluss is Seems to crash on poeple all the Time...

MenderOne  2003-06-11 22:26:33 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you use the cut/merge feature of TMPGEnc? All you have to do is select mpeg tools , select the merge/cut tab, load the file using the add button then click on the file and select edit, then move the slider of the preview to where you want to start and end and run it, clear the file afterwards and repeat these steps for the second half. Hope this helps.

Joe Hecht  2003-06-12 08:35:50 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVDAuthor's cut and edit interface is *awsome*. Wish its interface was in TMpegEnc.

I think the problem is that both programs will only cut on an IFrame, thus cutting in TMpeg requires a lot of trial and error, since there is no indication of what frame is an IFrame in the merge/cut/or source range setting.

Its a lot more steps, I do my cut/join/merge in DVDAuthor, blow out a DVD folder, then rip the folder into one big VOB.

Joe

MenderOne  2003-06-12 09:26:55 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>That is What he is Useing, And that is what he is explaining that he is Haveing a Problem with, the "Merge & Cut" does not Support Acurate editing of VBR Files pluss is Seems to crash on poeple all the Time...

I guess I've been fortunate then, as I usually just cut by moving the slider to the half mark, or to a scene where it's the ending of a subject matter or a silence. I've never had a problem with the cut/merge feature.

ashy  2003-06-12 21:50:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MenderOne you don't seem to understand what the problem is.
Sendkeys encodes his MPEGs using VBR (Variable Bit Rate) because of this there is no way of knowing how big each part of a cut file is going to be. For instance lets say we have a 2 hour movie and we use TMPG to cut it at 1 hour so as to split it in half.
The problem would be that the first half may not be the same size as the second half and there is no way of knowing how big each part will be until cut because a different bitrate has been used in each part therefore making each part a different size.

Sendkeys my advice to you is to use BBMPEG to multiplex your video and audio. BBMPEG allows you to set a size in MB for each part.

Free talk - TE25 - TRANSLATION INTO SPANISH No.37385
Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-10 11:52:59 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I'd like to offer my services to translate TMPGEnc's user interface into spanish.

Just send me the files with the strings and I'll do the rest.

Thanks for you reading this.

Joe Hecht  2003-06-12 08:51:40 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you do not get the files, get a resource editor (I use resource workshop), and you can edit most all the strings in the program. The author did a very good job of seperating the strings into stringtables (as opposed to hardcoding them).

Of course, if he put a CRC checker on the exe file (to prevent machine code hacking), the program will probably do something (like no longer start).

Anyway, this should be easy to do, the author seems to want to support multiple languages (however, the support and code maintaince goes up with each language added.. ie: Download in Spanish, French, etc.. takes effort - hopefully someone else does the web page design, since we really want the developer working on improvements to the code).

Joe

Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-13 20:09:15 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for you answer.

I'm sure the author will have a separate file with the strings. It would be easy to have that file, translate it and send it back to the author.

Also, that way the program itself would have an option to select "spanish" as language.

Tokafondo  Home )  2003-06-13 20:43:04 ( ID:qzsu1qop8tk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UPDATE:

I've tried the "hard" way: open TMPGENC.EXE file and see what I find.

The problem with this is that many words have just different sizes:

English: "File" ~ Spanish: "Archivo"
English: "Option" ~ Options: "Opciones"

And so...

It's easier (I think) to have the original source strings file and modify it, so when it compiles just the strings are there.

Question - TE25 - Before I download No.37382
MB  2003-06-10 10:39:56 ( ID:cxza4eqryqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm editing in Avid Xpress DV 2.0 My client wants for his WEB page my final product to be in MPEG1. Avid creates 2 files one for audio and one for video if I export in Mpeg. My client wants just one that combines audio and video. I'd like to know will this product let me export into a QT reference file and use that file to put out a MPEG1 file combined to give him on CD?

Thank you for your time.

Minion  2003-06-10 21:14:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All you need to do if you have one Mpeg audio file and one mpeg1 video file is simply Multiplex the 2 files together, It takes one a Couple Minutes, To do it with Tmpgenc just go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Simple Multiplex" then Just load the Mpeg1 video in and Audio in then Choose "Mpeg1 Video-CD Non-Standard" from the Dropdown Menu, Then Click "run", then it will Join the audio and Video files into a Mpeg1 file....

daniel  Home )  2003-06-11 12:06:44 ( ID:8pu14nksmmr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I recommend CLEANER for your web output. This software is excelent to optimize and make the 'file smaller'.
D

Question - TE25 - I got error in kernal32.dll No.37381
Karri  2003-06-10 00:22:59 ( ID:efcacd.iphh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to start the free program I get error in kernal32.dll! The program worked fine when i had XP, but my computer crashed so now that i reformated and installed Windows ME it just gives me error in kernal32.dll and wont start up !

Has any one else had this problem ? And how did you fix it >?

Thanx, Karri

Request - TDA1 - Support for Subtitles No.48602
NiceGuy  2003-06-09 20:17:16 ( ID:mrmpph4/qrc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good product with a nice start.

I prefer to have support for adding atleast one Subtitiles.

Also an option for importing chapter points.

Giba  2003-06-12 13:32:08 ( ID:294hlirfjqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with you.
I like this product.
The menues management will certainly improve in the future.
I would like to be able to define default behaviours (profile).

Ola  2003-07-08 14:55:13 ( ID:ajtw4n8wswn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

REALLY need subtitle support!!!!

Bug report - TE25 - Crash No.37379
cd090580  2003-06-09 18:38:05 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since I use Tmpgenc 2.512 for more than 2 hours, it crashes my norton firewall.
I receive this message: "Norton Internet Security has encountered a program error. Desinstal and reinstall Norton Internet Security to protect your computer".

It's the 3rd time I receive this message and I'm fed up with desisnstalling/reinstalling and then reconfiguring all my firewall.

With the previous versions of tmpg I didn't have this problem.

I run TmpgEnc on:
Windows 98 SE in French
Tmpg Enc 2.512 in English.

My Firewall is Norton Internet Security 2003 in French.

What Can I do ????
Thanks.

MenderOne  2003-06-11 08:22:12 ( ID:mlc5gxmj6tl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It appears that your resources are being depleted as the encoding process goes nearing the 2 hour mark, i.e not enough memory, or hardrive space, as windows needs enough hard drive space for caching, when your hard drives free space becomes more and more depleted, resource intesive programs such as nortons antivirus and Internet security run out of it's needed resources, so it would cause a crash. If you are encoding into 2 hours or more , then my guess is the caching of such a lengthy the encoding process, is what's causing this, which leads me to believe you need to free up some resources , avail more harddrive space by getting rid of what you don't need , and see how it goes from there, if not then increase your memory.

Question - TE25 - free version errors No.37373
Roy  2003-06-09 01:50:10 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I haven't used it in maybe three months, but when I did try to use it again (today), all I got were error messages. Then I installed the latest free version, and it gave the same error messages, then froze up and won't work at all. Can anyone help?

Minion  2003-06-09 04:04:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it might be good if you told us what the errors are and what type of file you were trying to encode, meaning what codec was it compressed too???

Roy  2003-06-09 13:26:26 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It was a variety of errors, is now frozen up to where it won't work at all, and is an avi movie file.

Paul  2003-06-09 15:20:45 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same trouble. I was trying to demonstrate the program to a friend and I got error in kernal32.dll and invalid pointer errors galore. I showed him a game instead.

When I tried the next day, it worked fine, even in batch processing mode which I have always had trouble with.

Try deleting the config files that TMPGEnc creates when you run it and try it again.

Roy  2003-06-10 13:32:43 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please excuse my not knowing, but what config files?

I just tried running it again, and now get the "illegal operation" message as it then shuts itself off.

Roy  2003-06-13 21:20:15 ( ID:bbv2dboiwgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Never mind I found the problem, an dit was "none of the above." A rampant spyware made it's way onto my computer, and first only the TMPEG was acting up but soon enough everything was crashing because of the spyware. once I got rid of it, the TMPEG worked perfectly.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.