Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 367 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 I can't change the bitrate! Penmonicus 2 2004-02-22 23:11:18
Question TE25 Change default Wizard Settings? dvdKat 8 2004-02-20 16:49:38
Question TE25 "shut down after finish enconding" option disappears. jardinero 2 2004-02-20 19:36:19
Question TE25 Problems with some AVI divx files saikan 1 2004-02-18 10:52:11
Question TE25 playback problem with wireless 802.11g whexeter 3 2004-02-22 02:55:39
Question TE25 pocket p.c media Player will not accept TMPGenc MPEGS marki 2 2004-02-18 10:59:21
Question TE25 Help alacayo22 1 2004-02-18 00:17:04
Question TE25 no pal with mpeg-tools! gerhard 2 2004-02-17 15:31:52
Question TE25 PC Shutdown Billy 4 2004-02-18 11:38:38
Question TE25 MPEG2? alacayo22 1 2004-02-17 02:50:58
Question TE25 Quality Billy 3 2004-02-20 03:41:04
Question TE25 Tmpeg Project file Format feri 1 2004-02-16 21:07:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 367 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - I can't change the bitrate! No.40991
Penmonicus  2004-02-19 02:20:17 ( ID:thmv/zplph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if it's because I'm using the free version or what, but I'm given the option to edit the settings, but everything is greyed out (so I can't actually change much).
I can only use CBR (No Variable)
I'm stuck with 1150 bitrate (and I really, REALLY want to be able to change it)
I apparently don't have a help file..
I can't change the audio bitrate

And some other stuff.

Any suggestions?

David  2004-02-19 04:37:20 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are currently using the VCD template. If you want to change the settings then open the "unlock" template. This will let you change the greyed out options.

Penmonicus  2004-02-22 23:11:18 ( ID:thmv/zplph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ach...
Cheers, buddy.

Question - TE25 - Change default Wizard Settings? No.40982
dvdKat  2004-02-18 21:38:49 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to change the default settings of the wizard. Ie,

Filter Settings
Video Arrange method from Full Screen -> FullScreen Keep AR
Motion Search Precision (Fast) -> Highest Quality

Bitrate Settings
Default 74 min CD -> 80 Min CD?

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-18 23:13:32 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just create your own template.

dvdKat  2004-02-19 00:59:46 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just create your own template.

How do you get the wizard to use the new settings.

Created template, replaced existing template for wizard options
with new settings, but did not come through.

Im specifically tryign to use the wizard because I like the
bitrate autocalculator based on media size. Is there a way
to change the default settings used by the wizard.

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 03:15:09 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-19 09:26:38 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Easy.
Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.

Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

dvdKat  2004-02-19 19:34:57 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 19:47:38 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Easy.
>Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.
>
>Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

Got it, found I had to edit

MPEG.Wizard******** settings in the mcf file otherwise it was present,
but showed up as duplicate options.

Thanks

dvdKat  2004-02-19 20:16:21 ( ID:jow7.qc0i36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Easy.
>Simply create the settings you require in TMPG first (not through the wizard but from the main window) then click the 'Save' button and save your template in the template folder.
>
>Now when you run the wizard you should see your template listed under 'Other'.

Sorry thought I had it but apparently does not save any of the settings
in the 'advanced' tab of the main settings. Was able to get the motion
search precison to change and the media type. However, video arrange
method does not appear to have an entry in the mcf file.

Is there any aux doccumentation that includes valid tags and values for
the mcf file?

Ie specifically now trying to make template default of video arrange
method to full screen keep aspect ratio.

Thanks

ashy  2004-02-20 16:49:38 ( ID:dhgkcnyux4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>However, video arrange
method does not appear to have an entry in the mcf file.

Is there any aux doccumentation that includes valid tags and values for
the mcf file?

Ie specifically now trying to make template default of video arrange
method to full screen keep aspect ratio.

I have already posted how to do this by editing the .mcf file sometime ago on this BBS. Have a search for it to see if you can find it.
If I locate it I will post the link.

Question - TE25 - "shut down after finish enconding" option disappears. No.40979
jardinero  2004-02-18 17:07:42 ( ID:16lfmf48wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I've found a problem or bug in the below version of TMPGEnc.
TMPGEnc 2.5 - Version 2.521.58.169 - Core version 1.98.152.

Let's say, I created a project, and I've sent the project to be encoded. If I stop the encoding process to change a setting, when I send the project to start encodin again, the "shut down after finish enconding" is no longer available to be ticked. The whole option completely disappears from the encoding window.

Is there a work aroung solution other than starting a the project as a new one so that this option is available again?

Thanks in advance,

Jardi

ashy  2004-02-18 23:12:28 ( ID:2ve7.rvawjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is NOT a bug. This is how it should work.
The shutdown option is only available when either starting a batch encode or by clicking File>Output to file>MPEG file
The option is NOT available when directly clicking the 'Start' button from the main window as you have done when you stopped and restarted the encoding process.

Next time you wish to restart the process click File>Output to file>MPEG file

jardinero  2004-02-20 19:36:19 ( ID:dsl5aderlbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy,

It works perfectly fine the way you instructed me to do it.

Perhaps this part could be reprogrammed so that it would work more logically bu just pressing the start button after changing some settings, that would be great.

Regards,

Jardi

Question - TE25 - Problems with some AVI divx files No.40977
saikan  2004-02-18 08:12:54 ( ID:fhrwbteefvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've never had this problem before but I have these 2 files which wont display video after i convert it to mpeg2. I also tried opening it up with virtual dub but no video there either. Any suggestions? Thanks

ashy  2004-02-18 10:52:11 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because there probably is no video in the MPEG. You have probably encoded just a blank MPEG.

The next time you encode the AVI in TMPG go to Options>enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then right click on the 'Directshow file reader' and raise it's priority to 2.
To check that TMPG is decoding the AVI OK click File>Preview. If you can't see your AVI here then TMPG is having problems decoding your AVI.

Question - TE25 - playback problem with wireless 802.11g No.40973
whexeter  2004-02-18 01:23:36 ( ID:q9qgrh8e.cn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use an ATI A-I-W videocard to capture TV shows as .mpg files. I use TMPGenc (just the MPEG TOOLS utility) to edit out the commercials, and save the edited .mpg files to a shared folder. The videos can be viewed on other computers on my home network.

Every computer with a "wired" network connection can play the videos fine. When I use a Linksys 802.11"b" wireless access point, all of the four computers that use wireless network connections can play the edited videos. BUT -- when I replace the 802.11"b" with a Linksys 802.11"g" access point (same location, same port on the network switch), NONE of the wirelessly connected PCs can play the edited videos (even though they can still play the UNedited videos). Three of the wireless computers have 802.11b NICs, one has a 802.11g NIC.

Stranger yet, I digitally recorded a videotape of music videos and used TMPGenc MPEG Tools to cut the digital file into 7 individual songs. Three of the video songs PLAY on the wireless machines (when streamed through the 802.11g), but four of them DO NOT play! What's the difference? What is happening here?

I've used FIVE different media players. The DivX player will play the edited videos, but not Windows Media Player 9, WMP7, Real, ATI or MusicMatch. The most specific error messages I get are from WMP7 and MusicMatch, which say "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class".

People in some newsgroups believe that something in the encoding of my edits is part of the problem. I don't know enough to diagnose this. Help?
Thank you -- WH

ashy  2004-02-18 11:10:45 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I've used FIVE different media players. The DivX player will play the edited videos, but not Windows Media Player 9, WMP7, Real, ATI or MusicMatch. The most specific error messages I get are from WMP7 and MusicMatch, which say "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class".

Sorry, but you have me confused. You say the edited videos are MPEGs. I wasn't aware that DIVX player supported MPEG1/2?
Which format are these MPEGs in MPEG 1, 2 or 4?

If these MPEGs are infact MPEG 2 you do realise you will need to install an MPEG2 codec for these to play. Non of the above players you have tried will play the MPEG without installing an MPEG2 codec first or better still use a real MPEG2 player. I find WinDVD to be the best MPEG2 player.
Media player and it's variants don't properly support MPEG2 and in my opinion are rubbish at playing MPEG2.

So my advice is first download the trial for WinDVD an try and play your MPEGs with it.

whexeter  2004-02-18 11:59:44 ( ID:q9qgrh8e.cn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry I don't have much expertise here. What I do is open TMPGenc, click File then MPEG Tools. I choose the Merge & Cut tab, click Add to find my "raw" video file, use the buttons to isolate the first segment (from the show's beginning to the first commercial break). I press OK to save that, then load the raw video again and isolate the second segment, and so on. Once I've got the whole show I give the edited file a name in Output and click Run. That's it. I don't change any settings anywhere. I'm pretty sure that everything, both the raw video and the edits, are MPEG-1. One hour of video is about 612MB, the edited files (around 42-44 minutes) average 432MB.

I downloaded a player from divx.com yesterday, one of the suggestions I got from a newsgroup. Sure enough, the DivX player plays edited .mpg files that all the other players will not (through the 802.11g AP, that is). But, the player isn't the issue. If I copy any of these problem files to the local hard drive of any computer that's connected via 802.11g, ALL of the computers will play ALL of the files. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the way they are encoded during editing and/or the specs of a 802.11g AP (or at least the Linksys model). These files will not be streamed through that access point. I just don't know why.

doug  2004-02-22 02:55:39 ( ID:g0mefd7ilyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

a few things stand out to me here.

the wireless problem could be simply due to the routers firmware (the higher rev has a bug?) frankly wireless video streaming is still kind of lame and buggy IMO, the wire and card still rule for the moment.

on the large block you edited, you say 3 work but 4 don't, what 3 work?
If it was the first 3 that worked and the last 4 don't, and based on how you described your edit process, you might have a memory leak or some memory or resource related issue that will show up in the later half of your work session and corrupt your files.

if not, well then im not sure, sounds a bit wierd to me, try encoding on another workstation and check the results, heck even try streaming the ones that dont work from another machine.
Whatever you do, you are spitting into the wind if you dont rule out the hardware issues first.

Question - TE25 - pocket p.c media Player will not accept TMPGenc MPEGS No.40970
marki  2004-02-17 21:45:21 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY POCKET P.C MEADIA PLAYER WILL NOT ACCEPT tmpgENC mpegs into its playlist when they play fine on desktop version?Thank you in advance
Mark

ashy  2004-02-18 00:14:47 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because it has to be in a certain format.
Go here: http://forum.pocketmovies.net/viewtopic.php?p=3415#3415

Marki  2004-02-18 10:59:21 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,Thanks v much for your reply,and ive followed the guide,but this does not explain why movies will play in pocket t.v ,but wont be accepted in to pocket madia player playlist via add to platlist command.Although they will play on the desktop media player.Pocket t.v seems to play almost anything

Question - TE25 - Help No.40968
alacayo22  2004-02-17 20:10:08 ( ID:ogfxy10qu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey everyone.
I just put a sequence header on my MPEG file using the Merge and Cut tool. TMPGEnc now accepts it but the file is to big. I'm trying to get my wrestling VHS to DVD. TMGEnc says it can't open it. How can I change my VHS to get VOBs and IFO etc to put it on DVD? PLEASE HELP

ashy  2004-02-18 00:17:04 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the MPEG is MPEG2 then you need an MPEG2 codec installed.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Question - TE25 - no pal with mpeg-tools! No.40965
gerhard  Home )  2004-02-17 11:47:34 ( ID:qwnuacocgdm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tried to demultiplex an PAL-mpeg with the MPEG-Tools, but the result is always NTSC. I found no way to change any settings.

B_Racer  2004-02-17 14:50:33 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's impossible, demuxing has nothing to do with PAL or NTSC. It can't be changed by a simple demuxing.

gerhard  2004-02-17 15:31:52 ( ID:qwnuacocgdm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you are right, powerDVD recognises but DVDmaestro refuses to accept it as PAL. there must be something in the file which is misinterpreted.

Question - TE25 - PC Shutdown No.40960
Billy  2004-02-17 07:26:52 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I have a problem with TMPGEnc's shutting down feature. I decided to test if it really shuts down because last time, I suspected that it had been on all night. Anyway, I selected a small portion of a movie to convert to MPEG. Then I clicked "File" and then "Output to MPEG." When it reached 100%, it displayed a green PC shutdown progress bar. It took about 19 seconds and then the PC began shutting down.

When it started to display the "It's now safe to turn off your PC" screen, the screen went black and restarted by itself! I did this 2 times with the same results. Please tell me how to make it shut down properly or at least make the computer stay at the "It's now safe to turn off your PC" screen.

ashy  2004-02-17 18:49:21 ( ID:kynpxqpwndg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You either have an absolutely Ancient PC or you don't have ACPI enabled in the BIOS.

Theres no point in using the shutdown option if you don't enable ACPI. Go into your BIOS and set this to enabled. Your PC will then power off not just display the "It's now safe to turn off your PC" screen.

Billy  2004-02-18 00:54:23 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a newbie to computer stuff. How do I access BIOS? Can you provide step-by-step including entering BIOS and exiting BIOS to enter Windows?

David  2004-02-18 02:33:30 ( ID:/xaewswq1l. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You access the bios when the computer first starts up. Each computer brand uses a different key, but the two most common ones are delete and F8. Refer to your manual or website of your computer company.

If you are a newbie as you describe yourself, do not change anything in the bios as you could quickly get a nice expensive door stop that one day used to be a computer.

There are hundreds of websites about BIOS. Do a google search and start doing research.

ashy  2004-02-18 11:38:38 ( ID:cib90j3svn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most BIOSes can be accessed by pressing the DEL key a few times while booting.
Once in there should be a menu, Menu's differ from one BIOS to another, but the one you are looking for will say something like ADVANCED BIOS FEATURES or ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES.
Just have look inside and look for anything which mentions ACPI or APIC. You should be either be able to enable it or disable it that's all. If it has any other setting it's not what you are looking for.

If it is disabled then enable it. usually this is done by highlighting the item then using the - or + key to change it.
Once enabled use the 'Escape' button to come out of that Menu and then make sure you select the option to 'SAVE AND EXIT' the BIOS before exiting the BIOS.

Now just reboot and it and ACPI should be enabled.

Question - TE25 - MPEG2? No.40958
alacayo22  2004-02-17 02:02:03 ( ID:ogfxy10qu0o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does TMPGEnc encode MPEG2 files? I need something to change my VHS to ISO, VOB, etc so I can put it on DVD. Thanks alot

Ring  2004-02-17 02:50:58 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The different between "TMPGEnc free" and "TMPGEnc Plus" is "TMPGEnc free" is provided only 30 days MPEG2 trial using, so 30 days after, your application "TMPGEnc free" will not be able to create your source to SVCD source or DVD source etc. MPEG2 relative work. At this time you need a TMPGEnc Plus. Don't forget that MPEG2 never have freeshare, cause it require a license for this format......

Question - TE25 - Quality No.40954
Billy  2004-02-17 01:00:54 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does difference in quality affect the output MPEG's file size? I use Constant Quality with a maximum bitrate of 2520 and a minimum of 0. Usually, I select 70% quality to put 3 half-hour episodes onto a CD-R that is 700MB/80 minutes. The MPEGs usually come out around 250MB, more or less. But this time, one of the MPEGs came out to be 292MB! I am worried that the third one won't fit. :( Should I lower the quality to 50? 40? 30?

Ring  2004-02-17 03:46:45 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In CQ mode, your bitrate desired quality is set below the maximum bitrate, in slide bar where determine the degradation of the P and B pictures, which determines the quality compare with I picture that 100% Max. bitrate. This will determine the quality of the video.

But if use this mode do not worried about file size, the picture quality became a first priority position for encoding. your encoded file sizes will be always depending on your source file.

Billy  2004-02-17 06:18:20 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't get it. So what must I do to bring down the file size a little even if it sacrifices the quality a little? If you want to know, the source's bitrate is 1148 kb/s.

Ring  2004-02-20 03:41:04 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you need to use 2 pass VBR. But it take your time...

Question - TE25 - Tmpeg Project file Format No.40952
feri  2004-02-16 10:39:55 ( ID:v8txcd6ot4f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have many small SVCD encoded mpeg file I would like to convert to VCD format. Is it possible to have the tmpg project file format so that I can write a simple Visual Basic program to creat project files for all the mpeg files to convert?

Thank you in advance.

Feri.

Feri_b@yahoo.com

P.S. I would very much appreciate a response by e-mail.

ashy  2004-02-16 21:07:52 ( ID:t68xbjbwda. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's already been done mate.
http://www.videogeneration.com.au/batchlist.htm

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.