Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 131 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Overlay Mode Greyed out (GTS 450 Nvidia) Trialuser 6 2010-11-02 09:55:00
Free talk TAW4 TAW4 Templates and 64-bit Windows 7 philthy903 0 2010-10-21 15:20:36
Question TAW4 Mixed Menus - can I do this with AW4 DonP 2 2010-10-21 20:32:28
Question TAW4 When will Authoring works support H264 encoding? LemonTea 0 2010-10-18 17:44:25
Question TE40 I'm trying to buy this software, but I can't! Eddy 1 2010-10-19 02:06:01
Question TDA3 Error "Could not initialize QuickTime (-9461)." ksomers 5 2014-08-29 17:41:02
Question TE40 How Do You Change The PlayBack Speed Roony 2 2010-11-14 09:09:48
Question TE40 How to create mp4 file with chapters nmtanim 3 2010-10-26 09:05:45
Question TAW4 Edit chapter only appears start and end frame Gonzalo 2 2010-10-12 04:08:34
Free talk TE40 Basic automation *is* possible without command line support jsharpe 1 2010-10-26 09:25:46
Question TE40 How Do I Save My Edits? Eddy 3 2010-10-14 02:51:52
Question TE40 VOB/MPG Conversion to MP4 - Best Settings SuperLip 2 2010-10-11 23:15:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 131 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Overlay Mode Greyed out (GTS 450 Nvidia) No.63750
Trialuser  2010-10-23 06:27:27 ( ID:yaajffnvsaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed a GTS 450 Nvidia card, when I try to select overlay mode when I am adding filters it's greyed out, can someone tell me what I can do to get it working?

trialuser  2010-10-23 09:23:07 ( ID:yaajffnvsaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to mention Iam using Windows 7 with DX11

trialuser  2010-10-23 09:23:08 ( ID:yaajffnvsaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to mention Iam using Windows 7 with DX11

tkrave  2010-10-26 09:07:03 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have any other programs running that is using the overlay? For instance if you're using a program like PowerDVD, you won't be able to use overlay mode.

trialuser  2010-10-28 10:03:13 ( ID:vxulehk9zfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Im only running the main program with nothing else taking up video resources in the background.

With my Radeon card I had the option to select it and if something else was using it I would get an error saying I cant enable it, but now with the Nvidia card it is greyed out.

Ive tried the last 3 versions and they are all greyed out.

tkrave  2010-10-29 04:06:38 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was doing a bit of research and it looks like Windows 7 handles hardware overlays in a different way than older verisons of Windows-- this is most likely why overlay mode won't work on your machine.

The 4.0 XPress overlay mode probably uses a DirectDraw API, but Windows 7 uses Direct 3D 9 for overlays.
Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd797814(VS.85).aspx

I tried 4.0 XPress on a Windows 7 machine myself and sure enough, the overlay mode was grayed out for me too.

trialuser  2010-11-02 09:55:00 ( ID:vxulehk9zfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd have to run a virtualmachine and run virtual XP with Windows 7 to get it to work right? But wouldn't that be a huge memory hog doing it like that?
Well at least I could get my settings the way I want them and save the Txp4 file and re-open it again on Windows 7 in Tmpgenc.

Free talk - TAW4 - TAW4 Templates and 64-bit Windows 7 No.63747
philthy903  2010-10-21 15:20:36 ( ID:wfo/powcql2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just thought I'd share my experiences of the past few days.
After using (and loving) TAW4 under 32-bit Windows XP for some time, I upgraded to 64-bit Windows 7. TAW4 installed just fine and works flawlessly - on NEW projects.

When I opened a project created under my old installation however, the only elements visible on the Menu pages were those I had added to the template myself (like extra text boxes). The backgrounds and buttons from the template itself were nowhere to be seen.

I had a hunch this was because the name of the programs directory has changed from "C:\Program Files" to "C:\Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit applications like TAW4.

Sure enough, when I copied TAW4's "Templates" directory:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4\Template"
...into another location...
"C:\Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4\Template"
...all of my old projects started displaying correctly again.

Seems that TAW4 doesn't know it should be using the %ProgramFiles(x86)% environment variable instead of %ProgramFiles% when it identifies that it's in a 64-bit environment.

Hopefully this work-around will help some folks until a fix can be made in later versions of this excellent software.

Question - TAW4 - Mixed Menus - can I do this with AW4 No.63744
DonP  2010-10-21 00:29:58 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The DVD will have 4 tracks (4 independent video clips).
It will also have a short first play video separate from the clips.

I want a top menu following the first play clip with links to the four tracks.
Two tracks are to play the video directly with no separate track menu
Two tracks are to have a track menu with links to 5 chapter points in their video and a return button.
Each video will also have additional chapter points that are not linked to menu buttons, but used to allow faster navigation withthe skip button..

Can I do this with AW4? Not obvious from its highly strcuture process, tutorials, or Help files.

tkrave  2010-10-21 03:47:24 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, this is possible. The key is to use the Global Menu Settings to set which menu pages are displayed.

So your process would be to first create your menus as normal, then go to the Global Menu Settings and uncheck the track 1 and track 2 pages so they don't appear. Any chapter points you set will still work when playing the actual movie.

You can set almost anything (buttons, thumbnails, etc.) to either visible or invisible with the global menu settings.

Try it out in the trial version if you can.

donp  2010-10-21 20:32:28 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. Your response helped me a lot in developing an undestanding of how AW4 works and solved my immediate issue as well.

As a previous user of Reel DVD, Encore DVD, and DVD LAB Pro, AW4 is rather different. The big diffence in Menu building appears to me to be the concept that AW4 gives a near complete starting point, and I remove, hide or inactivate rather than add items.

Question - TAW4 - When will Authoring works support H264 encoding? No.63740
LemonTea  2010-10-18 17:44:25 ( ID:fw4t/qeyz1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think every encoding tool now uses H/X 264 for HD encoding except you lot, why is this? This is the only thing that is putting me off buying this software. I would like to have a few HD movies on 1 blu-ray disc, and am currently using mulitAVCHD for this, but its not as easy as Authoring works.

Question - TE40 - I'm trying to buy this software, but I can't! No.63739
Eddy  2010-10-17 14:19:22 ( ID:dzs54ex4zrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like this software because I find it user friendly so I can edit my videos. I've tried to buy it, but I'm told each time that there's something wrong with my credit card information. I've tried to find a phone number so I can purchase the old fashioned way by giving my credit card information to an operator, but haven't had any luck.

What's up with you people who make this software? Don't you want to make a profit?

EDDY

tkrave  2010-10-19 02:06:01 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try the Paypal option or fax your order.

Fax order form:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/shopping/OF_en_20100427.pdf

I know that some retailers have problems if your billing address is a PO Box, so if that's your case, then that might be the problem.

Question - TDA3 - Error "Could not initialize QuickTime (-9461)." No.63737
ksomers  2010-10-16 23:49:57 ( ID:edzzpa0wkpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using DVD Author 3 for a few years with no problems. My sister-in-law gave me MPEG-4 clips of her vacation which are HD. I wanted to put the clips together, add subtitles, and burn them to a DVD that can be viewed in a regular DVD player. Everything goes the same as usual until I start the output. About an hour into the output, which it says is 17% done, the process stops and I get the error message:
>Could not initialize QuickTime (-9461).
Thinking that the problem was with QuickTime, I installed the newest version, but that did not solve the problem.
Is there some setting that needs to be changed when working with HD videos? Does DVD Author 3 work with HD MPEG-4 clips?

tkrave  2010-10-20 09:25:07 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you import the file, what file reader is being used?

You can see the file reader in the Clip Properties window that appears right after you import the file.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2llmygy.png
(this screenshot is from Authoring Works 4, but it's pretty much the same in DVD Author 3).

When I import a MPEG-4, the DirectShow file reader is the one that is being used.

ksomers  2010-10-21 05:18:29 ( ID:edzzpa0wkpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

QuickTime file reader was used.

Thank you for the screenshot. That helped me locate the information.

tkrave  2010-10-22 02:59:17 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There's a couple of things you can try.

1) Open QuickTime Player (Windows Start menu-->QuickTime-->QuickTime Player). Then open the preferences (Edit-->Preferences-->QuickTime Preferences). In the QuickTime Preferences window go to the Advanced tab and make sure the box is checked for "Enable encoding using legacy codecs". If it's already checked, or if this doesn't fix the error you're getting, try option 2:

2) Disable the QuickTime file reader.
In DVD Author 3, go to the Preferences (Options-->Preferences), then go to the File Input plug-in section (Input format list-->File input plug-in). You should see a list of the file readers. Uncheck the QuickTime file reader and click the OK button to confirm your settings.
This should force your MPEG-4 file to be read by a different file reader, most likely the DirectShow file reader. Try and import your file. If you get an error that the video or audio part can't be opened, then you'll need to install some codecs. ffdshow will probably do the trick, and you might need Haali Media Splitter if you don't have that either.

ksomers  2010-10-23 10:56:46 ( ID:edzzpa0wkpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much, tkrave. Option 2 worked.

I really appreciate your help in getting my DVD Author 3 to work with the MPEG-4 files. We ended up with a nice DVD.

AAA  2014-08-29 17:41:02 ( ID:9dbirlqmccf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question - TE40 - How Do You Change The PlayBack Speed No.63727
Roony  2010-10-11 04:48:58 ( ID:zfpjyo7qwnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I specifically downloaded tmpenc express to change the playback speed on films & lectures, basically speed them up, are there any options as i cant see this anywhere in the demo i've downloaded

No options to alter playback speed in filters or options

Which is surprising even VLC allows you to change the playback speed decoding ...

tkrave  2010-10-12 03:00:22 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, only TMPGEnc MovieStyle can speed up or slow down the playback speed (of all the TMPGEnc products).

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tms_feature.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the "Time Stretch" feature.

Spankenstein  2010-11-14 09:09:48 ( ID:8uavg/lnmil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you learn some of the basics of AviSynth, you can easily write an .avs file with whatever you want to do - such as change the speed (& lower the pitch), crop, fade, etc... TMPGEnc AW4 & XPress both import .avs files, along with most other encoding programs that will accept an .avi file.

Question - TE40 - How to create mp4 file with chapters No.63722
nmtanim  2010-10-08 11:59:37 ( ID:xayhblos2lo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to create mp4 file from my AVCHD camera clips. I can create mp4 file, but I cannot find any way to create chapters in the mp4 file. Can TmpGenc Express 4 do that?

Goldstar_one  2010-10-09 22:56:21 ( ID:evylihqtg3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, there is no way to make chapters with an mp4 file, as the format does not support it (it's like trying to make chapters with an AVI file)

MichaelWaterman  2010-10-25 19:55:10 ( ID:envivfne0lk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's not entrily true. Next to TmpgEnc I've been using an application named Handbrake. That can create chapters for your mp4 files.

tkrave  2010-10-26 09:05:45 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can mark keyframes in 4.0 XPress, but I'm not sure if they can be turned into chapters for mp4 files.

Question - TAW4 - Edit chapter only appears start and end frame No.63720
Gonzalo  2010-10-08 01:56:21 ( ID:/nbzu1hm37m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Convert .vob to .m2v
Advanced Tools -> MPEG tool -> Demultiplexer

2. Clip addition source
From a file -> browse where the new .m2v file is -> select Cut-edit and on that window I only see 2 frames (the star and end frame) and I don't see anything in the midle.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you,
Gonzalo

P.S: If I open the .vob anyway, on the Cut-edit window I can see the complete video.

tkrave  2010-10-12 03:04:40 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not sure if you're doing something wrong...I demuxed a vob and I was able to cut-edit the .m2v file just fine.
Have you tried it with other .vob files?

Gonzalo  2010-10-12 04:08:34 ( ID:/nbzu1hm37m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I still don't understand why I can't see the full chapter after doing these steps:

Select 4 chapters:
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3800&d=1286822993

Demux video, audio and subtitles
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3801&d=1286823016

Final result of the ripping process:
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3803&d=1286823042

Now, with all these files I go to TMPGenc:
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3806&d=1286823587&thumb=1
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3807&d=1286823597&thumb=1
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3805&d=1286823580&thumb=1
http://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3804&d=1286823568&thumb=1

Why, why, why is the chapter empty ?

I start thinking that this could be a bug on TMPGEnc, if not, it doesn't make sence. (to me)

Thank you anyway for your help.
Gonzalo

Free talk - TE40 - Basic automation *is* possible without command line support No.63718
jsharpe  Home )  2010-10-07 02:23:11 ( ID:ovxoreywzd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an automated process for generating a time lapse movie from an HD weathercam each day and needed to find a way to use TMPGEnc *unattended* to transcode and (and crop and deflicker) the very large avi file into a final form suitable for uploading to my website. Since I have a project file already defined with all the necessary options that operates on and produces fixed files all I needed was a way to get TMPGEnc to run it automatically *without any operator input*.

Although you can pass a project file and have it load it on startup, a bit of searching led me to understand that there is no other command line interface. So I then looked to see if there was an option for having it automatically start a project file when it's loaded. Unfortunately I didn't find anything even though the corresponding "finishing task" option does exist.

Not willing to give up I put together the following simple vbscript code segment that will launch TMPGEnc with the specified project file and then send the keyboard shortcuts for moving to the Encode window and start the process. The only extra thing it does is to first delete the old previously generated movie to prevent the TMPGEnc UI from hanging with the “file exists, do you want to overwrite” dialog.

Note that this is far from an ideal option and assumes a preexisting project file in a known location and both the input and output files are “hard coded” in that project. Although there is no meaningful error checking and essentially no flexibility, at least it allows the basic unattended operation I needed to allow the encoding job to run automatically in the middle of the night as part of a larger automated process.

Dim outFile, filesys, objShell, objExecObject, cmd

outFile = "I:\time_lapse_capture\mymovie.mp4"
wscript.echo outFile

Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

'wscript.echo "checking for old movie"
If (filesys.FileExists(outFile)) Then
wscript.echo "deleting old movie to prevent TMPGEnc dialog"
filesys.DeleteFile outFile
End If

cmd = """C:\Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress\TMPGEnc4XP.exe""" & " " & """I:\time_lapse_capture\mymovie.txp4"""

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

objShell.Exec(cmd)
' wait for program to launch
WScript.sleep 10000

' send the keyboard shortcuts to select the encode window and start the encoding process
objShell.SendKeys("{F8}^+S")

Set objShell = Nothing
Set objExecObject = Nothing

Hopefully this will help others get past the lack of either a command line interface or autostart option.

Mark  Home )  2010-10-26 09:25:46 ( ID:ttuj7wyijuc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

aaa

Question - TE40 - How Do I Save My Edits? No.63717
Eddy  2010-10-06 09:54:23 ( ID:dzs54ex4zrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got this software to edit my movies so I can remove the scenes I don't want and keep the scenes that I do. I have the trial version BTW.

I start the software, click "Start a new project" from the Project menu, click "Add file", load the movie I want to edit, then I select Cut-edit, and edit my movie. But I can't find a way to save my edits?

So what's going on here?!?

EDDY :)

tkrave  2010-10-07 02:33:47 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to output your video in order for the video to actually be edited, otherwise you're not really doing anything. Outputting will not overwrite your original video; instead it will re-encode it to the format you specify in the format stage.

You can also save your project if you don't want to output, but I think that's disabled in the trial version.

Eddy  2010-10-13 11:41:17 ( ID:dzs54ex4zrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I output it? I've tried but can't figure out how to do it.

tkrave  2010-10-14 02:51:52 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At the top of the main window, there's 4 buttons: Start, Source, Format, and Encode. These are the basic steps to edit and output your video.

If you've edited your video, you're probably at the Source stage.
Now click on the Format button to choose your output format.

Once you chosen your format, you can click on the Encode button and click on the Start Encode button (the round button in the bottom left corner) to start the encoding process.

Question - TE40 - VOB/MPG Conversion to MP4 - Best Settings No.63716
SuperLip  2010-10-06 00:18:06 ( ID:osslltas3zn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's time to reduce the file space being taken by my 13,000 music videos and it is apparent that the mp4 file format will be the eventual winner in the video compression codec wars.

All the older videos are NTSC 4:3 size ratio BUT are being viewed on a high def wide screen 52" monitor.

All the newer videos are NTSC 16:9 size ratio AND are being viewed on a high def wide screen 52" monitor.

My cry for help is hopefully very simple to answer.

A) When converting the 4:3 vids to mp4, what are the ideal settings in TMPG to insure a very high quality audio and video output with the greatest reduction in file size that will maximize the available screen space on a wide screen monitor? Please, be specific, tab by tab, and as simply defined as possible. I'm not too smart.

B) When converting the 16:9 vids to mp4, what are the ideal settings in TMPG to insure a very high quality audio and video output with the greatest reduction in file size that will maximize the available screen space on a wide screen monitor? Please, be specific, tab by tab, and as simply defined as possible. I'm not too smart, remember.

Currently, this is what I'm doing for any video regardless of wide screen or not:

Output Container: Normal

Video:
Profile: Main; Level: Automatic Level 4.1 and less
Size: 720 x 480; Framerate: 29.97
Rate Control: 2 pass variable; Ave bitrate: 3,500; Max bitrate: 10,000; Motion Range: 63; Bitrate Buffer: 0 Auto
Video System: NTSC; Detect Scene Change: unchecked

AVC:
GOP: 33; 8 Frame: 0; Reference Frame: 2
Quantization: I Picture: 24; P Picture: 25, B Picture: 27
Entropy coding mode: CAVLC; Motion Estimation subpel: Quarter pixel

Audio:
Encode: AAC encoder; Sampling rate: 44100; Channel: Stereo; Bitrate: 256; MPEG version: MPEG-4 (ISO/IEC 14496-3)
Object Type: Main; Output format: raw

Other:
Do not create a thumbnail

Thank you for any help, settings advice, and recommendations you may offer.

SuperLip  2010-10-08 07:41:29 ( ID:ln22/1jkod6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answered via support email. Thank all.

iPad User  2010-10-11 23:15:02 ( ID:k9w7vcbm.xf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mentioned that your question was answered via support email. Can you provide the answer on this forum?

Thanks.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.