Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 111 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Increasing bitrate to existing video add value? smithb 0 2011-06-29 16:44:38
Question TAW4 Audio Sample Rate KopNoi 1 2011-06-30 03:10:50
Question TAW4 disc writing tool alfred50 0 2011-06-26 17:24:54
Question TVMW5 BBS Adding transitions in an edited single file? Löööök-Uno 1 2011-06-28 02:27:47
Question TAW4 Why are renders so slow? Darin Fong 3 2011-07-12 13:52:37
Question TVMW5 BBS VMW 5.0.6.38: no CUDA nikgelfi 3 2011-07-19 00:56:53
Question TVMW5 BBS Copy .mkv video stream only sss 1 2011-06-21 08:14:46
Question TAW4 AC3 Audio input problem with TMPEnc Authoring Works 4 JW688 0 2011-06-19 10:40:30
Question TAW4 Overlapping of 2 Videos KopNoi 2 2011-06-18 17:30:56
Question TVMW5 BBS MPEG-4 encoding - no video, just white screen gjacobs 2 2011-06-18 04:25:06
Question TDA2 Can't write to DVD-R disc John H 0 2011-06-16 19:03:52
Question TAW4 TMPGE Authoring Works 4 Trial Version Jim 1 2011-06-18 04:09:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 111 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Increasing bitrate to existing video add value? No.64913
smithb  2011-06-29 12:54:47 ( ID:b4dbn4rvpth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I have a pre-existing video in a lower bitrate (e.g., 3 mb/s?) and I'd like to do anything I can to improve it. Will encoding to a higher bitrate (e.g., 5 mb/s) provide any value at all, or will I just have a larger file of the same quality? I realize detail can't be added back in once it has been removed. But...

At the lower bitrate I am seeing quite a bit of artifacting, especially in motion. If I understand correctly, encoding to a higher bitrate will contain less partial frames. So even though it is basically the same image there is less processing?

My gut says no possible improvement at all, but I thought I'd just throwing it out there to make sure.

Question - TAW4 - Audio Sample Rate No.64909
KopNoi  2011-06-28 00:16:35 ( ID:zyqrbb1b.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Guys!

First, I just wanna say that maybe I'm not gonna use the good terms because I'm newbie with this!

Look! I'm trying to built a DVD from multiple sources with different audio sample rate.

Sources are: .TS, .MP4, .MPEG
Some audio have a 48,000hz and some others have a different hz.

So when I play the DVD, sound is not equal when we pass to another song!

How can I fix this?

tkrave  2011-06-30 03:10:50 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can adjust the audio levels in the clip editor's audio tools. You might need to normalize the audio or adjust the volume to the desired level.

Question - TAW4 - disc writing tool No.64907
alfred50  2011-06-26 17:24:54 ( ID:.podhrnqm/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

in tawa4, the dvdburner does not appear in "post-out process"
how can I do

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Adding transitions in an edited single file? No.64906
Löööök-Uno  2011-06-25 18:53:25 ( ID:vzk1kqtqy4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I record a lot of football games for my "archive" and want to edit them and add transitions between each "cut" - but HOW?!

When I open a clip (.ts-format) and start cutting it in edit clip > cut-edit I end up with say seven pieces on the left of the screen numbered #01, #02 etc. But when exiting I still only have one clip and can't make any transitions.

Do I have to do this in timeline mode (which just seems like a hassle to me) or can I edit my clip, make it appear in "pieces" and just add transitions and then save?

Also, I've been having problems with the audio in my clips. When I edit a file and render it (format doesn't matter) the audio goes silent after 3 minutes in the finished version.

tkrave  2011-06-28 02:27:47 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like you are only adding keyframes. You need to split the clip into separate pieces; use the split clip button to set where the clip should be split. Once you click the "OK" button to leave the cut-editor, you will be asked which parts you want to keep -- just select to keep all parts. Once you are back in the source stage, you will see your clip is separate pieces and can then add transitions between them.

No idea what the cause of your audio problems could be. Is there any corruption at the 3 minute mark?

Question - TAW4 - Why are renders so slow? No.64899
Darin Fong  Home )  2011-06-21 06:29:08 ( ID:sw1exbkha3c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am running TAW4 on Windows 7 64-bit. I have an i7 930 running at 2.8GHz and 18GB of RAM.

When I am rendering a SD DVD project, it can take 5 hours or more per DVD.

I have the Batch authoring tool set to "highest" foreground and background priority, but TAW only ever uses about 15% of the CPU on all 8 cores. I also have all the preferences set to use all 4 cores, prefetch, etc.

When I start a batch, it will say 13 to 17 hours remaining. At least it doesn't usually take that long. But 5 hours is still way too long for just converting the video files.

I am using H.264 1080p files as my source, but still, it shouldn't take nearly that long.

Also, why not add CUDA support? I have other CUDA supported video encoders which work REALLY fast and can convert an entire DVD of video in 30 minutes or less.

Please let me know if there is any way to have TAW use more of the available CPU speed.

Thanks,
-Darin Fong

tkrave  2011-06-28 08:16:44 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the specs of your input file besides 1080p and H.264? Bitrate?

Have you tried outputting without the batch tool?

I have an i7 2600 at 3.4GHZ and 8GB RAM, and it took 14 minutes to encode a 42 minute 1080i clip to DVD. CPU usage was between 60-70%, priority normal.
Not sure why your CPU is not being utilized more. Are you running other programs at the same time?

KCTexan  2011-07-12 13:43:05 ( ID:ijwjk7a2shh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Darin, I saw your post and just wondered if you've made any progress. I have burned regular, SD DVDs for over 6 years now, so know it upside down, using TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5. (That little program is as solid as a boulder.) How, I've set up a system to capture high definition, widescreen video/audio files, and am trying to use TAW4 to render files.
My PC system: Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.60GHz. Memory: 8Mb. Free HDD space: 400Gb OS: Windows 7 64-bit Version. File system: NTFS

I read that it is critical for the original output type (I'm using BDMV, because I want to burn the result onto a BD-R disc) to be identical with the output type, at the "end" of the TAW4 authoring process, so I made sure they matched.

I also disabled the "Use File Caching" option in TAW4 preferences (but haven't yet tried disabling the options which start with the words Prefetch or Use multithread; see those instructions, way below...), but it hasn't helped.

Of course, I'm just getting started with HD, BD-Rs, etc., so I expected some problems, but I'm sure I've got something set wrong; I just can't figure out what it is.

I would appreciate any response and would be glad to work with you and others to find out how to get TAW4 to render files faster.

Darin Fong  Home )  2011-07-12 13:52:37 ( ID:sw1exbkha3c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What are the specs of your input file besides 1080p and H.264? Bitrate?

The files are straight out of a Canon 5D Mark II. The camera files are approximately 38Mbps. Come to think of it, I have not tried converting the files to another video format or bitrate to see if that helps. Maybe I will convert using a CUDA enabled converter and then add the files to TPMG.

>
>Have you tried outputting without the batch tool?

Yes, same result/speed.

>
>I have an i7 2600 at 3.4GHZ and 8GB RAM, and it took 14 minutes to encode a 42 minute 1080i clip to DVD. CPU usage was between 60-70%, priority normal.
>Not sure why your CPU is not being utilized more. Are you running other programs at the same time?

I do work on the computer while TMPG is running, but nothing that utilizes the CPU much. Even when I let it render overnight, the render times are the same.
>
>

Thanks for replying. I think the idea about trying a different files format/bit rate may be the ticket.

-Darin

Question - TVMW5 BBS - VMW 5.0.6.38: no CUDA No.64897
nikgelfi  2011-06-20 20:25:36 ( ID:isnqna7ktyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I own a copy of Video Mastering Works updated to ver 5.0.6.38.
My system specs are the following: CPU Core 2 Quad Q9650, Windows 7 x64, 6 GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 with the latest 275.33 drivers.
I was trying to encode a standard DV AVI into standard DVD format, using video denoise filters and I wanted to test the power of CUDA.
I enabled CUDA, done the optimization, and also enabled CUDA under the MPEG decoders. No matter what I do, the cuda percentage during encoding remains 0.0% and CPU 100.0%...
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

sbohdan  2011-06-29 05:42:40 ( ID:t3bxvslnltw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem except with a GTX 470
CPU=100% CUDA=0.0% when converting video :(

tkrave  2011-06-30 05:22:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the CUDA preferences, there is a checkbox for "use CUDA for filtering". Make sure that's checked.

I'm using a GTX 460 and have no problems seeing CUDA usage once that checkbox is checked.

sverkalo  2011-07-19 00:56:53 ( ID:wungqrrstrh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have also to register Cuda in mpeg 1, mpeg2 and mpeg4 encoders separately at the Preferences.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Copy .mkv video stream only No.64892
sss  2011-06-20 00:13:31 ( ID:evnm.hdv72l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to know if it is possible to copy the video stream of a file either .mkv/.mp4 and encode the audio only?

For example, file x.mkv contains h264 video stream which i do not want to re-encode(copy) and an AC-3 audio stream which i want to encode to .m4a (LC-AAC) and the output should be in a .mp4 file.

So far i have not found this option in VMW5. Is it possible?

Regards.

tkrave  2011-06-21 08:14:46 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the Advanced Tools (Start window-->Advanced Tools button-->MPEG tool-->Demultiplexer) to demultiplex the mkv/mp4 into separate video and audio files. This will give you your separate video stream and leave it untouched.

Next, import your mkv/mp4 video into TVMW5 and encode it to your audio specs. If you have an LC-AAC codec, you might be able to use the audio-only WAVE output template. If not, the only way to encode to AAC is to use the MPEG-4 AVC output template. This means you'll have to encode video as well, but since you don't need the video stream, you can lower the video bitrate to almost nothing to make output faster. Once the file is output, use the demultiplexer again to separate your AAC audio stream from the video.

Now that you have your AAC audio, use the multiplexer to combine it with your original video stream into a mp4 file.

Question - TAW4 - AC3 Audio input problem with TMPEnc Authoring Works 4 No.64891
JW688  2011-06-19 10:40:30 ( ID:dhem5rmtj7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! Can someone please help me to figure it out what exact problem.

Im using TAW4 and now Im having a problem with and AVI files contain AC3 audio. My input file was AC3 (5.1 Ch) audio but when I load it into TAW4 I only got 2 ch audio.

Im sure it has something to do with Audio Codec but I cant figure it out how to fix it. Im really need your help on this problem. Please help me.

Thanks.

PS: I tested a lot of files with an AC3 audio (MP4, AVI) but I got the same result.

Question - TAW4 - Overlapping of 2 Videos No.64880
KopNoi  2011-06-18 01:32:59 ( ID:zyqrbb1b.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Guys!

I would like to know if there's a way to overlap 2 video for few seconds and getting sound of both as mix effect?

Ex:
Video #1 = 4 min.
Video #2 = 3.5 min.

So what I want to do is to create a transition of 3sec at 3.57 of Video #1 and Start Video #2 during transition at 3.57 too and get both soundtrack playing one over the other!

Let me know if it,s possible!

Thanks!

tkrave  2011-06-18 04:08:22 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Add a transition effect and the audio will overlap along with the video. In other words, the audio from video #1 will fade out at the same rate the video transitions to the next video, overlapping with the audio from the next video which will be fading in.

KopNoi  2011-06-18 04:23:14 ( ID:zyqrbb1b.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply!

I was coming to delete my post because I found that it was working! :-)

Cheers!

Question - TVMW5 BBS - MPEG-4 encoding - no video, just white screen No.64879
gjacobs  2011-06-17 23:24:01 ( ID:ng9qmudxezc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am testing out TMPGEnc Mastering Works 5 and am trying to convert an AVI to an MP4 and it takes 20 minutes to render a 5 minute file which has audio, but the video is just white.

TMPEG 4 Xpress was so rock solid, I never had any issues doing anything.
But I need to be able to generate h264 mp4 files for a large project, and this isn't going to work.

I've tried different settings, but so far I'm not having any different results.
Any thoughts?

The system is running XP, with an Pentium 4 3.4GHz and 2GB of ram.
I know this is old, but it should still be sufficient.

tkrave  2011-06-18 02:13:45 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the video specs for the AVI file? I'm guessing it's a codec problem. Run the video through MediaInfo or Gspot and post the data.

I'm also running TVMW5 on a computer similar to your specs so I don't think that's the problem.

gjacobs  2011-06-18 04:25:06 ( ID:ng9qmudxezc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVI (OpenDML)(DV): 1.21 GiB, 5mn 44s
1 Video Stream: DV (Sony)
1 audio Stream: PCM (Microsoft)
24.4 Mbps, 720*480 (4:3), 29.970 fps, DV (Sony) (NTSC)

First, I updated the Quicktime player to the most recent version (7.6.9).
That seemed to fix the playback issue of the white screen.

Then I went home and ran the same video through my home system (which is Windows 7, AMD Phenom II x6 1035t processor with 9GB ram).

That ran the same 5 minutes in @ 2 minutes - so it looks like the processor speed was the issue with conversion.

I'd be interested if you run similar spec machine how long something like this would take you?

Question - TDA2 - Can't write to DVD-R disc No.64874
John H  Home )  2011-06-16 19:03:52 ( ID:ncizixoza5l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've used DVD Author 2.0 successfully for years with an HP and LG disc burner and XP SP3 OS. About 2 weeks ago, DVD Author quit recoginizing DVD+/-R discs reporting that there is insufficient space on the disc when I tried to write discs. Tried Memorex, HP and other disc types; nothing works. I am able to read DVD video into DVD Author 2.0 with the same equipment and using other disc writing software (AVS DVD Copy), I can write to the same discs without any issues. Does not appear to be a hardware problem and am thinking there might be a software conflict with an XP patch or other software. Have tried reloading DVD Author 2.0, deleted and reloaded the disc drivers, erased high and low filters in the registry all with no luck. I downloaded a trial version of DVD Author 4.0 and it seemed to work fine. I prefer the layout of Author 2.0 and don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks.

Question - TAW4 - TMPGE Authoring Works 4 Trial Version No.64870
Jim  2011-06-16 01:40:26 ( ID:e3k4jckschn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a problem with testing this new software. Each procedure seems to work fine until I choose 'Write the media to disk"

I get an error:

[Command=55] [sense: ASC:A SCQ=05:26:00] (00000d6f)

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

tkrave  2011-06-18 04:09:56 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No idea. Try contacting their user support. Since it's a trial, use their pre-sales contact form or the general inquiries form:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/contact.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.